PDA

View Full Version : Dawn and Dusk (A pokemon rpg) Sign-ups

MaHa_sHaDoWs
28th April 2003, 07:13 PM
An RPG idea i cooked up in L.A. class. (VEry glad teacher did not take paper with it written on *wipes sweat off brow*)

Anyways here's my idea.

Dawn and Dusk

Long ago in the land of pokemon an ancient civilization thrived, pokemon and humans lived in peaceful coexistence with each other. But hidden away Deep in the earth a force unimaginable planned a sinister plot. The evil was a being of immense power named Atermalumis. When it saw it's chance this evil broke through the earth and onto the surface. The skies darkened and ash fell upon the earth. Atermalumis destroyed towns and villiages left and right, this evil used its powers to raise beings to help in the form of legendary pokemon. There were 9 guardians. Ra the guardian of Electricity, Blaten the guardian of Fire, Spoutal the guardian of Water, Kelcoon the guardian of the Plants, Telenos the guardian of Psy, Gaian the guardian of the Earth, Flinin the guardian of the Winds, Metlan the god of Steel, and Atermalumis appointed himself as the guardian of darkness. Though these guardians were created to help Atermalumis they turned against him. In a cataclaysmic battle the guardians of psy,earth,fire,water,plants,winds,electricity, and steel fought against Atermalumis. Despite their combined power they could not defeat Atermalumis, in desperation the other guardians sacrificed all their power to put Atermalum into eternal sleep deep beneath the earth. In doing this they also were put into sleep themselves. The age of darkness ended and the world went back to normal...

The story begins in Hoenn shortly after the seperation of Team Aqua and Magma. The world is at peace and the balance of life is restored. Deep in the earth the evil stirs in its slumber, the release of Groudon and Kyogre from their slumber has rustled the sleeping darkness. Awaken once again Atermalumis seeks the perfect mind to release him from his underground prison… The 8 other elements and the newly appointed Dark leader Umbrakan send a message to nine beginning trainers. In the message they explain the fate of the world and the element destined to them. The trainers are awarded with amulets of precious stone with rune symbols enscribed in them which grant the holder special abilities linked with their element. The chosen ones must help awaken the other guardians and their own powers and also learn to cooperate with their pokemon which is linked to their element as they train in the Hoenn region. They will also learn of their time of day a special power linked to a certain time in the day such as healing or transformation and this also supplies a power boost. With all these forces combined they can only hope to destroy the evil once and for all...

And now the format to your sign up:
Name:The name of your character)
Age(10 - 19)
Appearance:What your char looks like)
Personality:How your char acts)
History:Your char's past)
Amulet Element/Stone:What element your char is and the look of their amulet)
Abilities:What abilities your amulet grants you)
Time of Day:What is your time of day and what abilities do you gain. The choices are Dawn, Morning, Afternoon, Evening and Night.)
S. Pokemon:Your starting pokemon that corresponds to your element)
E. Pokemon:The pokemon team you end with comprised of six pokemon)
Relations:Brothers, Sisters, parent, crushes you get the deal)
Other:Interesting info about your char or anything you've forgotten)
Remember be very descriptive.

My example profile:note this char is also in the rpg)
Name: Veran
Appearance: Veran is about 5 feet 8 inches. His hair is golden blonde and spiked up in the manner of Isaac from golden sun. His eyes are a deep blue-gray and shine mischievously. Veran has a light tan and is slightly muscular. He usually wears a black t-shirt and blue jeans. His shoes are black running shoes. He wears black gloves on his hands; one reason for these is to cover up the suspicious crescent moon scar on his right palm. When the moon hits this it seems to shine brightly.
Personality: Veran is very kind and generous. Despite this fact he only has 2 friends. He loves to eavesdrop and watch people, which makes him seem quite different. He is always a spectator. One of his flaws is his tendency to not work well in a team. He prefers to work with himself and no one else. If he is very angry he has a tendency to act hostile to those around him. He is very calm and collected, even in the most dire of situations. Veran doesn’t laugh often. When he is needed he always comes through and has great courage. He is ruthless to anyone who tries to hurt people close to him.
History: Veran grew up in Lilycove. He has a mother, father and 25 year old brother named Felix. Veran is used to taking care of himself his parents were hardly around and the most he saw of them was at night before bedtime. Veran spent a lot of time at Mt. Pyre. Being on the mountain soothed him. At night he would sit outside for hours and listen to the sounds of the night. Veran never really dreamed of being a trainer until he discovered the challenge and strategy of battling. He also started because after his brother left when he was 15 he was very alone which he liked but also didn’t. By starting his journey he hoped to gain some glory and friends along the way.
Amulet Element/Stone: Veran holds and amulet that holds the power of Dark. It is cut into a long hexagon shape and made of black diamond. THe middle is shaped in a crescent moon and is made of quartz.
Abilities: Veran is very silent and stealthy and can teleport to areas he’s visited. When in trouble he uses focused rays moonlight to battle foes.
Time of Day: Veran is accustomed to Night. Under the cover of darkness he gains the power to transform back and forth between a human and an Umbreon. When as an Umbreon Veran has a dark purple stripe down his back and and purple rings on his body. As an Umbreon Veran can heal himself when staring at the moon. When dawn comes Veran automatically returns to his human form.
S. Pokemon:A small black colored Eevee
E. Pokemon: Umbreon, Houndoom, Espeon, Mightyena, Gengar, Absol
Other: Veran hates tacos. Veran also loves to quote meaningless proverbs and sayings, also sometimes makes up his own.

Well I thinks I covered everything.

EDIT: These are the remaining types:
GHost:Taken by Outlaw JT
Fire:Taken by Ultimate Charizard
Dark:Taken by Maha_Shadows
Poison:
Bug:
Water:Taken by Ryu Slayrer X
Electricity:
Ground:
Fighting:
Grass:
Rock:
Normal:
Psychic:Taken by Ginger Cat.
Steel:
Ice:
Dragon:Taken by Gothic Latias
Flying:Taken by PhoenixSong

My villian name is bad huh!

Another thing i have really reached the night time of day max.
Please try some different times to make the chars more different.
(That does not mean to pick Evening instead!)

Also note fake pokemon are now allowed.
Please include a description and moves. If new moves describe these also.

Outlaw JT
29th April 2003, 07:06 PM
Your intro was surprisingly well written Maha. I'll sign up for this but I don't have the time right now. If possible I'd actually like to use ghost as my element but if not reserve electricity for me. I will post a signup form either later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Ultimate Charizard
29th April 2003, 08:32 PM
im in..

Name: Gavin Wynder
Appearance: 6ft 2, Brown Hair, Blue eyes. Wears black t-shirt, Blue jeans and black fingerless gloves.
Personality: Likes to joke around but gets serious when he has to. Will do anything to defend those he trusts as friends.
History: Lived originally in Kanto till his parents moved to Mt Chimney. Brought up on a Farm for fire types he knows how to handle them but recognises their weaknesses and wants a team that can cover them.
Amulet Element/Stone: The Stone of Fire. It is shaped almost like a teardrop but in a bright red colour. Inside it seems to have crystalised into what looks like flames.
Abilities: If he is in direct Physical contact with a pokemon, its Special attacks increase in power. They are doubled if its using a fire type attack.
Time of Day: Most powerfull in the Daylight at Noon his power boosting abilities are at their most potent.
S. Pokemon: Charmander
E. Pokemon: Charizard, Salamence, Rhydon, Blaziken, Ninetales, Raichu
Other: Although he was raised as a fire trainer he sees the flaws in a pure fire team. Trains a couple of pokemon not as weak to water since he hates Water types.....but respects Blastoise due to its rivalry with Charizard.

Outlaw JT
30th April 2003, 05:13 PM
Name: Kel Rix
Appearance: 6'2", red hair, blue eyes. wears a violet tshirt with a red star on the left sleeve and black pants, also wears a fingerless dark gray leather glove on his right hand
Personality: he comes off as cocky and aggressive but he really does know his limits(he just doesn't show them). friendly and outgoing and somewhat loud
History: Born and raised in Vermillion. Since he was old enough to talk he wanted to be the best pokemon trainer in the world. He yearned for adventure. Most of his life up till now has been uneventful. He went on mini-adventures into the countryside every weekend and got in a lot of mischievous trouble but nothing ever really serious. He would've become a pokemon trainer much sooner but his father had been too ill to watch over the family store for years so he had to stay behind till his younger broother was old enough to take over for him in their fathers place(they own adn run a store featuring special blends of pokemon food and medicine). Because of his family's business he has excellent knowledge of pokemon medicine and knows how to prepare excellent pokemon food. He made his way too Hoenn as soon as he could become a trainer because he believed there to be more adventure than Kanto and Johto in that region.
Amulet Element/Stone: The Stone of Ghost. it is shaped like a dual flame(flame inside a flame) with the outer flame being black in color and the inner one being light gray.
Abilities: He can pass through solid objects for as long as he can hold his breath
Time of Day: night(at night he can bring others who are touching him through objects as well)
S. Pokemon: gastly
E. Pokemon: Gengar, Swampert, Arcanine, Lanturn, Shuckle, Sableye
Other:

MaHa_sHaDoWs
30th April 2003, 06:14 PM
In and In!

Toxicity
30th April 2003, 06:56 PM
Name: Laura Rider
Appearance: Around 5'10"-6'0", hazel green eyes, mid-neck length dark brown hair with blue tips. Is seen wearinga black hoodie with a blue star on it, navy-blue khakis at a length you can barely see her black combat boots, silver rimmed, oval-lensed, black tipped glasses(nearsighted), black half-fingered gloves with silver flames, and a silver chain necklace with an icy blue ankh.
Personality: Known to be dark(dark depressive, not pure evil), silent, and anti-social...But seems lonely on the inside. She never likes to admit her sorrow, but can admit it to anybody close.
History: Even though she was born in Blackthorn, Laura lived in MossDeep City most of her life. She never had any friends, and sorta kept to herself most of her life. She lived her life ignored by her father and mother, especially when her brother was young. She kept to herself and her time alone....Grew to loving dragons. She also became a goth while alone. She then sorta began to try and master telepathy, but failed. She never had any friends and went out of control.....That's when her parents decided to move to Slateport, and leave her with her uncle alone. Fortunately, her uncle truely cared for her unlike her sister(her mother) and life has been okay ever since.
Amulet Element/Stone: The stone of Dragons. It appears in the shape of a fang, in a blue color....And posseses a black slash in the middle. It also has some silver streaks running from the edges, but there hardly noticable.
Abilities: She can sprout black dragon wings and fly when her abilities are activated. She can also protect herself from fire, water, electric, and grass abilities.
Time of Day: Night
S. Pokemon: Dratini
E. Pokemon: Dragonair, Absol, Arcanine, Venasaur, Manectric, Gardevoir
Other: N/A

MaHa_sHaDoWs
30th April 2003, 07:17 PM
Gothic Latias is in.

MaHa_sHaDoWs
3rd May 2003, 07:50 AM
I needs more signups!:(

Ginger Cat
3rd May 2003, 08:36 AM
Hope this is okay...

Name: Circe Thatcher
Appearance: 5’10”. Skin is pallid; she can’t tan much even if she wants to, and she doesn’t much care to. Hair is black, somewhat wavy and fairly thick. Eyes are light blue flecked with silver. Body frame is somewhat wiry, and overall appearance is a bit threatening in an offhand manner, much as she may try not to appear so. Wears black/gray “stripey” pants, a black tee-shirt, and a black jacket--almost looks to be a casual suit jacket.
Personality: Not entirely certain. She varies from being intensely emotional to unbelievably detached. She can feel nothing, she can feel everything. Obviously, this makes her a bit moody, though usually she hides her own thoughts and feelings. Has difficulty communicating well with others, but tries when she feels any sort of urge to. Not typically a “crowd person”, though she can take control if necessary, and yearns to at times in some part of her being. She believes in what she believes, refusing to take everything that she is told for truth. She will debate for quite a while if pressed. Can be violent, is sometimes violent toward her own self. Interesting in the thoughts and feelings of others, enjoys listening to them and to their thoughts. Has nearly always been interested in the “Darker side” of life, and believes fully in it and its implications.
History: Originally lived in and grew up in Lavender town. She spent much time exploring the area and its surrounding, including the caves and the Lavender Tower. She was met with humans who told stories of their journeys, and saw many strange Pokemon. She didn’t connect well with her parents or her brother, though none of the family save perhaps the parents--even they were barely together--was close to each other. She spent much time away from them, learning what she could. Some nights she would leave the town entirely and explore the nearby areas, traveling to the next city if she felt, sometimes not returning to home for days. Finally, she decided to leave the home for good and set out on her longest journey yet.
Amulet Element/Stone: Psychic--The stone is black with an exotic tint of deep purple. Shape is the Greek symbol for infinity… basically a sideways number eight.
Abilities: The ability to see into the minds of others, though there is a point at which this stops, and there are certain points that hurt her own mind in certain situations when she does this.
Time of Day: Night. She--forgive me for this--becomes a vampire. This brings the ability and sort of need to draw blood, to fly and walk on walls to an extent, and to see further into the minds of others. The blood need isn’t always an asset, of course…
S. Pokemon: Simply called Twilight. It basically appears to be a smallish, lanky, adolescent wolf. Fur fades from dark gray on the back to light silver on the underside. Glowing yellow eyes. Has semi-enlongated canines that protrude from its upper lip, though they don't extend terribly far. Type is an odd mixture of psychic and dark.
E. Pokemon:
Wraith- This is the evolved form of Twilight. While Twilight looks to be an adolescent wolf, Wraith most definitely appears to be full grown, though the frame still isn't thick at all; powerful, but not thick of build. Eyes become fiercer, more gold than yellow. Teeth extend further and become more obvious. Fur turns entirely black. Grows (yes, I know, I know...) wings; black and feathered. Overall, appears somewhere to be ghostly, as he is nearly always surrounded by at least a thin layer of fog. Type is again strange... Psychic/ghost.
Espeon, Persian, Alakazam, Xatu, Slowpoke
Relations: …later?
Other: *shrug* Laters too, perhaps.

EDIT. Ni-hi, capital idea...
*I just said capital idea... eh...*
*changes a pokemon*
Thankee. Hope he's okay.
May change another... Don't much like Xatu. Eck.

MaHa_sHaDoWs
3rd May 2003, 02:58 PM
I would love more chars related to different times of day. Please get off the night kick.

MaHa_sHaDoWs
3rd May 2003, 03:00 PM
Ginger Cat your in. The vampire thing is fine.
Also i plan on starting when i get at least another 2 signups with time of day either dawn,morning, or afternoon.

Phoenixsong
3rd May 2003, 04:14 PM
*actually pays attention to something other than FanArt* Oooh, sounds intriguing. Be warned that I'm not online too often, though; I WILL try to pay attention to this, and post and all that. Eherm. Anywayz.

Name: Phoenix Sanders
Appearance: Phoenix is about 4'5'' and fair-skinned with dirty blond hair like that of Ivan (mwahaha... I like Golden Sun too...) and pale golden eyes that you can't really see because he has this thing for black sunglasses and wears them all the time. His long-sleeved shirt, a sky blue with a red Oriental dragon writhing and coiling all over the front and black ones winding up the sleeves, as well as his beige khaki pants, are way too big and look ridiculous on him, and the laces on his black Adidas-style sneakers (I don't know if they have stuff like Adidas or Nike in the Pokemon world) are always undone. (In fact, his shirt is so big you can never see his hands.) Instead of carrying his Pokeballs on his belt, he has a special armlet that the six balls can snap on to; it releases the Pokemon when he points it and says the name of the Pokemon.
Personality: Very hyper, friendly, over-exciteable, cute and quirky, as most ten year-olds are. He talks too much and asks too many questions for no good reason, and is curious to the point where he gets annoying. He also hates it when people make fun of his name and will "beat you up" (or at least threaten to) if he thinks he has a good enough reason.
History: (Sheesh. People are making their characters' histories so depressing... lesse if I can be at least a little different.) Phoenix has always lived in Fortree City and tries to make all his friends envious that he lives in a tree. It never works, though, and he ends up getting laughed at. In fact, he would always be picked on and bullied at school... that is, until his big brother came along and sorted things out. Phoenix and his brother shared a relationship not unlike that of Seto and Mokuba Kaiba; his brother looked out for him and he looked up to his brother. However, his brother died in a freak accident a year ago, crushing the entire family. It's not that Phoenix and his parents don't get along or anything, but they never speak to one another unless there's a good reason to and keep to themselves at home. Phoenix's only real friend now is his two year-old sister Alanna, and he tries to stick up for and protect her as his brother did for him. His brother gave him one of his favorite Pokemon shortly before he died, and this inspires Phoenix to become a trainer in the first place. (okay, so that was a little depressing, in a way. Too bad.)
Amulet Element/Stone: Flying. The amulet resembles a side view of an eagle in flight and appears to made of black jade. A little shard of blue topaz is set where the eagle's eye should be.
Abilities: Sort of like what Gothic Latias's char can do, only they are reddish-brown, more hawk-like wings. Phoenix can also understand the speech/language/whatever of flying Pokemon (even when it's not his time of day, if that's all right), although almost no one believes him when he tries to tell them so, and when he talks to them, it sounds as if he's talking to himself.
Time of Day: Afternoon.
S. Pokemon: I have a teensy question. Can fake Pokemon be used, if it's just one or two and if I fully describe them first? If so, then it's a Grass-type greenish lizard-creature with tiny little dragon wings, antenna-horns like that of Charizard and a furry red throat called Tulisard. If not... well, make it a Spearow.
E. Pokemon: Mandragoon (Tulisard's Grass/Dragon/Flying final stage; I'll descirbe it later if I can use it) or Fearow, Skarmory, Swellow, Dragonite, Sceptile and either another fake Pokemon called Unrulster (describe it if I can use it) or... a... Nidoking.
Other: Being a hyper little kid just starting out as a trainer, Phoenix often nicknames his Pokemon, especially names pertaining to the Redwall series and Yu-gi-oh. And, a note on his hyperactivity... the only way to effectively shut him up is to say the words "red asphalt corn dog". Why? I have no idea, I just wanted it to be something totally random. Kids are just weird like that, I guess.

Well, that's it. Hope I can join!
PS: I don't think your bad guy's name is that stupid. Kinda cool. Also... I just was kinda thinkin' at random how weird it is for people to start training Pokemon at age 14-19. I mean, it's sort of a cool concept, but I thought the normal age was ten or eleven. Hmm.

MaHa_sHaDoWs
3rd May 2003, 04:39 PM
PhoenixSong your in! a ten year old is great. I agree about the depressing histories, it rubbed off on me and i only started a week ago *runs around madly screaming get it off me! get it off me!* Oh another thing your fakes are fine if anyone else feels like editing their teams feel free. Golden Sun is the greatest!
I should make a poll and see how many people saw my noob post entitled "How exactly do rpgs work?" I still get a kick and i believe i saw a few quoting i'm dumb from my post. One more sign up with not night time of day and we're off!

Avian Freeze
3rd May 2003, 05:29 PM
Nice story M_S! Looks interesting, so I'll join.

Name:The name of your character): Zev Bryzaire
Age(10 - 19): 13
Appearance:What your char looks like): Black hair that's spiked in the front and kinda uneven. Dark brown eyes that look very serene and quiet. Wears denim blue jeans with a greyish T-shirt. Around 5'8'' and a bit slender but fit.
Personality:How your char acts): He's cheerful and kind, and quite energetic at times. However, he's a bit quiet, not the best talker. But he is very loyal and won't stop to defend a friend, and he is very emphatic too.
History:Your char's past): Zev lived in Pacifidlog all his life, but he always yearned to see the world. He became bored with his life, with nothing to do in the tiny town in the middle of the ocean. He became partial to Ice Pokemon, ever since he received his first Pokemon, Spheal, when he was 5. However, he was never able to train Spheal because of how peaceful the town was. He has always been hoping for Spheal to become a Sealeo.
Amulet Element/Stone:What element your char is and the look of their amulet): Ice - A shiny hexagonal stone made of ice that never melts, not even with Pacifidlog's humid and tropical climate. Engraved on it is a white snowflake symbol.
Abilities:What abilities your amulet grants you): With the amulet, Zev is able to shoot rays of ice from his hands. He can camouflage with the snow and he doesn't feel cold in the chill.
Time of Day:What is your time of day and what abilities do you gain. The choices are Dawn, Morning, Afternoon, Evening and Night.): When the sun brightens the sky, in the morning, Zev has the ability to make it snow if he wishes. The snow will wane at dusk however, and then stop at night.
S. Pokemon:Your starting pokemon that corresponds to your element) Spheal, who always has a beach ball nearby and he has six-sided star spots on his body instead of circular ones.
E. Pokemon:The pokemon team you end with comprised of six pokemon)
Walrein (M) ~ Arctic
Jynx (F) ~ Embrazia
Piloswine (F) ~ Tempest
Lapras (F) ~ Myst
Breloom (M) ~ Zephyr (Yep I know strange, but I need something to counter those pesky Rock and Steel types which Ice types are weak against ;), also the Fighting types but Jynx can take care of them)
Sneasel (M) ~ Slash
Other:Interesting info about your char or anything you've forgotten) He has a mother who is just like him. That's where he got his traits from. She is very adventurous and fun-loving. She always smiles and has already traveled all of Hoenn. Zev's father, who met her a while later, isn't as active, but he's very funny.
No crushes yet, maybe later ;).

EDIT: >_< Darn, I missed getting the chance to be Flying. Ok, I'll edit my post later, don't have time right now.

EDIT2: Sorry it took me so long to update. I had to go somewhere.

MaHa_sHaDoWs
3rd May 2003, 06:21 PM
Please hurry to edit we need to get this show on the road.

Charles Legend
3rd May 2003, 08:01 PM
Name: Jeremiah
Age 12
sex:: male
Appearance: mid length Green hair with a blue mask and Diving suite that I never takes off and yes I have blue Backpack to.
Personality: Come most of the time, but it’s best not to get on my bad side of Else you well regret it like that fool Giovanni..... I am also very Smart now thanks to Geo’s Experment witch back fired on him....
History: well it all happened when I was Eight team rocket came to my home in Celadon
City in Konto, and killed my parents who Refused to Join Team Rocket but I had no choise but to my parents Dead and my Only other relatives live in MossDeep City .....
one Day when I was 10 Giovanni called me in to his office next thing I know I in a tank full water at first I thought that I was Drowning but then I realized I was not and saw a computer
monitor with two sets of DNA on it an they where merging in to one...Geo I thought he trying to turn me in to a Gyarados morph and then my Amulet started to Glow and became a Gyarados and tried to eat him but he Escaped me and I travel all the way to Pallet as a Gyarados then night fell and I became a human again and went to Prof. Oak’s to get my self a Squirtle and went to go live with me Relatives in MossDeep City...
Amulet Element/Stone: Water stone it is blue Inside it seems to have crystallized into what looks like an Aqua Tear drop
Abilities: can breath under water with out holding my breath. also I can under stand all water Pokémon. (is Explained in my past)
Time of Day: Afternoon, I can become a giant Red and gold Gyarados if I want/need to also were ever I go I am followed by rain oh my speed also increases....
S. Pokemon: Squirtle
E. Pokemon: Blastoise, Ludicolo, Kingdra, Muk, Swellow and Metagross
Relations: Ant and uncial in MossDeep City.
Other: has a lot of net and dive balls I also have like a million hart scales witch I give as a prize to Ppl who beat me......
I also Respect Charizard due to its rivalry with Blastoise.... ;)

~Ryu

MaHa_sHaDoWs
3rd May 2003, 08:33 PM
Yay Ryu Slayrer X is in we can now start! Avian Freeze after you edit feel free to join. Ill post a start topic soon.

Edit: Avian Freeze is in i posted a start thread up so hurry over there so we can start the story.

Otaku
4th May 2003, 07:27 PM
Can I join please???!!!!

Name:Tochiro Korei
Appearance:Shoulder length black hair, steel eyes,gray shirt, ankle-length black trench coat, 5'8, 160lbs., bLACK PANTS & SHOES
Personality: Doesn't care about or trust anyone but himself and his pokemon.
History: Abandoned as a child in Hoenn and grew up in an orphanage, where he was teased, so he ran away . he then awoke in someone's lab who said he'd beokay. The scientist who had taken him in and became like a father to him die and lef t him a not to take the ball on his desk andtreat it well, Tochiro then swore to never be attached to any thing but the pokemon he trained. A week after his 14th birthday, he received a package that was bulky and then found the letter and stone.
Amulet Element/Stone:Steel; A silver orb that glows steel-blue and has a symbol engraved in the center.
Abilities: Makes Tochiro have steel-hard skin & makes him have the strengh of100 men
Time of Day:Night
S. Pokemon:Your starting pokemon that corresponds to your element)
E. Pokemon:Steelix
Other:Interesting info about your char or anything you've forgotten)
Remember be very descriptive
I have to edit cause i've got to go.