PDA

View Full Version : Final Wishes?

Deadwood_Zen
12th July 2011, 12:51 AM
So I am texting a friend- whom oddly I can tell everything from and be the real "me" to- and my final wishes came up(something about me drowning this weekend, long story). So, and I'll be honest, right now all I want before I die is one last acoustic performance with Stacie(my guitar). Just one last show in front of the local supermarket, or a street corner, or whatever, and my life is set. A few hours of playing my favourite songs to people I may or may not know- just that deep emotional and unspoken bond, and how I can express myself with some silly songs on guitar. That's my final wish, seriously. Sure, there's other things on my bucket list, and all, but just that right there and I'd be set.

So I was wondering, what are all of your "final wishes"? :3

Blademaster
12th July 2011, 03:47 AM
My final wish is to die in a warm bed, surrounded by my friends and family. My wife, children, and grandchildren... As well as my best friends.

Ideally, three cherished friends of mine will be there...

The first would be Crystal Tears, as a free-spirited old woman, there beside the bed with a copy of her first bestseller tucked under her arm.

The second would be an elderly, sage Master of Paradox, ten dollars in his hand for outliving me - and happiness in his heart for finally finding his place in the world. At his feet will be one of his cats.

And the third will be Houndoom_Lover, as young and as happy as the last time I saw her.

Waiting for me.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
12th July 2011, 05:28 AM
Wow, that was beautiful, Blademaster.

I have a thinker's block, but facing a sudden death would be a tough one, there are still so many things I'd like to do.

Shadow Wolf
12th July 2011, 05:53 AM
First I get the shivers, then tears roll down my eyes. This is quite the topic. And Blade... I wish I could care for someone as much as you care for her (sorry if this sounds awkward, but this is an honest opinion that I cannot let go unsaid).

For me... hmm...

-A last trip with my friends (Something simple, like eating ice cream from a roof while watching the starry sky) and then say goodbye to them (At least to her, even though I don't know if I'll see her again)
-And a peculiar one... I want to be the last one to die in my family (I dislike people suffering, and I know if I die before my family, they will mourn for me. I don't want that. It may sound selfish, but I want to be the one who dies last because of this)

I have a few more, but they haven't materialized yet. Maybe after a breakfast, my mind will think of more.

Magmar
13th July 2011, 09:45 AM
My final wish? To have written a song that makes someone fall in love.

mattbcl
13th July 2011, 10:09 PM
After I read the entries of this thread, a song flew into my head and wouldn't go away for a day and a half - "Leave Out All The Rest" by Linkin Park. I lost my ability to concentrate on formulating a genuine and heartfelt response... which I think the thread deserves, particularly after Blade's stirring reply.

-> I want to write a book. Actually I want to write a series of books. I want to have them completed and in print, perhaps even in their third or fourth release by the time I kick the bucket. Wanting people to like them might be a bit of a pipe dream, but there it is, anyway, since you asked. (You don't need a book to be liked in order to be reprinted. Look at Catcher in the Rye.)

-> I want to marry my girlfriend.

-> I want to be a father and match wits and brawn with two little hellions. I want to raise said hellions to be adults and I want to be as happy for and proud of them as my parents are of me.

-> I want to meet my grandchildren. Any and all of them.

-> I want to travel the country in an RV for a year, writing all the while and gaining more and more inspiration every time I look out the window.

-> Finally, if none of the above comes to pass and I never do anything else in this world that's worth remembering, my final wish is that I want at least one other person's life to have been made better by me being a part of it. My theory and hope is that effect will spread into anything and everything that person does, even if the effect is so subtle as to be undetectable by most others. I want a heart to be touched when I say "I love you", I want a heart to come out to me when I say "I need you", and I want a heart to mourn when it's time for me to say "goodbye".