PDA

View Full Version : Open Chall. Snots vs ?????

SNOTS FUBAR
28th April 2003, 08:38 PM
1 on 1
i choose first
you attack first
DQ-3 days
Arena: Lava Vally. Only flying pokemon are able to battle.

Go Pyro! Charizard(M)

The_Missing_Link
28th April 2003, 08:57 PM
Since I can't battle you, I'll ref

SNOTS FUBAR
29th April 2003, 10:31 PM
come on. I dont want that arena anymore. ref or opponent choose.

ChobiChibi
30th April 2003, 02:41 PM
If it's not in the air, then i'll battle!

I choose Toto (Totodile (m))! Hi TML! :D Is it the indigo stadium?

The_Missing_Link
30th April 2003, 04:37 PM
Nah, it's a grassy field by a lake this time

SNOTS FUBAR
30th April 2003, 05:50 PM
awesome finally someone accepted. could u please post your attacks.

ChobiChibi
2nd May 2003, 06:18 AM
Yep. Posting attacks!

Right Toto! Second battle now! First, use Rain Dance. Then Rage and finish the round with Hydropump!

Raindance~ Rage~ Hydropump

Um... I don't know if this will affect this battle in anyway, but i'm away all this weekend and monday... The latest time i shall be able to post again will be next Tuesday. If i don't post before then and i need to, please don't DQ me. I have told you. Thanks. I'll post again on Tuesday!

SNOTS FUBAR
2nd May 2003, 04:41 PM
Ok Charizard. Wait for Totodile to Rain Dance and then counter it with a Sunny day. Then release a smokescreen and start to fly up as you do it. Then finish off with a Flamethrower.

ChobiChibi
5th May 2003, 05:10 AM
Hi, i'm just posting to say that i'm back.

The_Missing_Link
7th May 2003, 07:15 PM
Round 1

Pyro:100%
Sunny Day~Smokescreen~Flamethrower

Toto:100%
Rain Dance~Rage~Hydro Pump

In one of the ref's favorite arenas, 2 trainers step into chalked out boxes across from each other. Taking out his Pokeball, SF throws it into the arena to let the red light materialize into a Charizard by the name of Pyro. His opponent just smiles lightly and lobs her Pokeball in to reveal her little Totodile, Toto. Just minutes later, the ref comes in through flight on her Charizard's back. As her Pokemon gets ready to watch and sub-ref if need be, she waves down her flag to start the battle as the battlers finish up their orders.

Toto doesn't he hesitate to begin as he's immeidately bathed in a pleasant blue light. Looking up at the sky, the sky begins to cloud over and lightning strikes in the distance. Drops of rain begin to fall down and soon a downpour ensures, making everyone miserable, especially the 2 Charizards. Pyro has a way to make it stop though and glows a orange/red light as Toto's aura fades away. He roars upwards and the rain, coming down monstrously, slows down rapidly until it stops altogether. However, because of the sudden weather changes, the clouds still remain, lacking the will to produce rain or clear away to make room for the sun.

Mad that the rain was stopped, Toto's anger builds and builds until he starts to rush at Pyro, claws outstretched. He in return opens his mouth and releases a cloudy wave of smoke while pumping upwards into the sky with his wings. Swirling around crazily, Toto is lost in the thick field and chokes loudly as he's having trouble breathing properly.

Trying to breathe in the oxygen to produce his water attack, Toto manages to only swallow the smoke and goes into a coughing fit that even makes the ref's bronchial cough sounds pathetic. While Toto struggles on the ground, Pyro releases a ripping flamethrower from the air. The thin line of flames pass through the smokescreen but fails to target Toto and instead just clears the screen away. Able to see and breathe normally again, Toto looks around with bloodshot eyes and then looks up to see the blurry figure of Pyro floating disappointedly:

Toto:100% Eyesight subpar due to smoke

SNOTS FUBAR
7th May 2003, 07:37 PM
Start with a Dragon Rage. Then use a Roar. And finally use Dragon Breath. If it uses Rain Dance, then cancel it with Sunny Day like last time.

ChobiChibi
8th May 2003, 11:24 AM
Ok Toto. First use water gun as hard as you can. Then you swift and finish with Blizzard!

Water Gun~ Swift~ Blizzard

The_Missing_Link
12th May 2003, 08:16 PM
Round 2

Dragon Rage~Roar~Dragonbreath

Toto:100% Eyesight subpar due to smoke
Water Gun~Swift~Blizzard

Still tearing from the smoke, Toto decides to clear up his disadvantage by washing out his eyes in the lake. Trotting over to the edge, Toto dunks his head in and opens his eyes. He can clearly see everything again and brings his head up to look at Pyro only to be bombarded by fire-like flames breathing onto his body. Moaning in pain, Toto twitches for a second before releasing a water jet right up at Pyro. Colliding with his stomach, Pyro is pushed backwards into the air but it isn't enough to do serious damage.

Ready for some payback, Pyro lets out an ear-splitting bellow, which vibrates around the arena. In immense pain, everyone covers their ears while Toto shrieks from the pain. Stopping, Pyro watches as Toto uncovers his ears to find he's a bit deaf now. However, it doesn't interfer with attacking until he realizes that he can't attack for he doesn't know what swift is. This just leaves him perplexed and open for attack, which Pyro takes advantage of well.

Instead of breathing out the large flames, Pyro lets out a single line of bluish-green fire. Like the dragon rage, it bathes over Toto, too painful for him to even say something. Soon enough though, it ends for him and he stands up once more, battered but still going. Ready to attack Pyro, he stands still and concentrates for a moment. Glowing an icy blue, shards of ice fly out from his body, upwards towards Pyro. Slamming into his body, they make tiny shallow cuts along his stomach, the biggest target. Being a fire Pokemon has its advantages though as although the coldness chills him a bit, his ability to expel fire burns off most of the ice, just leaving the cuts:

Pyro:83% Has tiny cuts
Toto:80% Hard of hearing

ChobiChibi
14th May 2003, 01:50 PM
Right. Use screech first, see how he likes to be hard of hearing! Use headbutt to hopefully bring him down to the ground and jump into the lake and use surf!

Screech~ Headbutt~ Surf

SNOTS FUBAR
14th May 2003, 09:45 PM
Well start with an Ancient Powder. Counter its Head butt with a Seismic Toss. Then finish up with Fly. Fly up far enough were Surf cant reach

The_Missing_Link
17th May 2003, 04:34 PM
Round 3

Pyro:83% Has tiny cuts
Ancientpower~Seismic Toss~Fly

Toto:80% Hard of hearing
Screech~Headbutt~Surf

Still up in the air, Pyro watches calmly as Toto opens his mouth and lets out high-pitched sound waves. Traveling all over the area, the ref and trainers cover their ears while Pyro roars in pain and drops to the ground, although not being high in the first place at all. Crashing to the ground, he writhes in pain until Toto stops, proud of hurting a Pokemon bigger than him. Both of them now hard of hearing, they can hear loud things but the water lapping up against the bank is just total silence to them. Ready to attack again though, Pyro gets up and stomps his foot against the ground. Immediately, the field breaks up and a line of rocks fly at Toto. Knocking him over, the range of rocks give him bruises and scratch him up, making him feel like utter crap. He's still able to battle though and slowly gets up while wincing.

Facing Pyro again, he starts to rush at him, lowering his head a bit to ram into his stomach. Totally prepared to counter-attack, Pyro holds out his arms and grabs Toto by his sides when he tries to ram into Pyro's stomach. Flying into the air, Toto unsuccessfuly struggles as Pyro does many flips in the air and flings Toto downwards. 20 feet in the air is a long way down and Toto braces himself as he crashes into the ground and grass. Nothing helps to cushion him as he feels total pain in all of his body. Landing on the ground as well, Pyro flaps his wings gracefully to make a perfect landing and smirk at the helpless Totodile.

Still in pain, Toto gets up and makes his way into the lake, where he belongs. Feeling a bit better in his natural atmosphere, he starts to concentrate and rises into the air as a wave pushes him upwards. Easy to get away from, Pyro pumps his wings again and rises up high into the air. Watching him rise, Toto feels dejected and lets the wave slowly fall down, leaving him in the lake as Pyro smirks again:

Pyro:76%
Toto:52% In the lake, tired and in pain

ChobiChibi
21st May 2003, 01:30 PM
*is waiting for SNOTS* lalala... Your turn.

SNOTS FUBAR
21st May 2003, 05:04 PM
**** sorry. my fault. i never knew a reffing was up. Ok. Im assuming im still airbourne. OK Pyro they fly high. Start off with a Rock Slide then spit out a Toxic. And finish up with ancient powder. If he tring a water attack Fly up to avoid it

Rock Slide~Toxic~Ancient Powder

ChobiChibi
22nd May 2003, 01:47 PM
Right, Toto, use Double Team to dodge the rockslide. Use protect against Toxic and finish with Hydro Pump.

Double Team~ Protect (Toxic)~ Hydro Pump

The_Missing_Link
27th May 2003, 05:09 PM
Round 4

Pyro:76% Has tiny cuts
Rock Slide~Toxic~Ancientpower

Toto:52% In the lake, tired and in pain
Double Team~Protect~Hydro Pump

Bobbing up and down in the lake, Toto starts to feel a bit better and starts to move on with the battle. Concentrating slowly in the still lake, the small Totodile splits into 4 entities, each looking up at the soaring Charizard from down below in the glassy blue. Knowing what to do, Pyro dives down towards the grass and pulls up at the last second to slowly land with a thump. Searching around for a bit, he soon finds a patch of area and starts to dig. Soon enough, he comes across a few small boulders and starts to throw. Although missing Toto altogether because of his clones, the rocks cause a few mini waves, which roll over Toto and his clones. Although not hurting him whatsoever, the change in environment causes the clones to disappear, something for Toto to think about in the future.

While on the ground, Pyro make the most of his clear view of Toto and brings up a hazardous material from within his body. Spitting out a glob of oozy poison at Toto, he gasps and puts up a barrier that forces the toxic to slide off of it and right into the water. But Toto's also in the water and he darts to the closeby shore, where he makes it back up safely and glares harshly at Pyro, who shrugs in return. I guess it's not safe to head back in to the water again.

Having him where he wants, Toto takes in a deep breath to release a water cannon. Sensing the danger, Pyro pumps his wings up and starts to rise into the air. However, he's not like a Pidgeot or Dragonite and isn't able to escape everything. About halfway out of danger, he's blasted from below by Toto and feels searing pain in his body as he tries to stay aloft in the air. Guess it was time for some payback after what he did to Toto:

Pyro:62% Wet
Toto:48%

ChobiChibi
28th May 2003, 02:26 PM
Okay Toto. Start with Water gun, keep him wet. Then use rage and finish with another Hydropump.

Water gun~ Rage~ Hydropump
SUBS: Use protect if Toxic is used.

SNOTS FUBAR
29th May 2003, 08:25 PM
Hmm. Ill try a Statagy. Try a Swords Dance as the Water Gun is fired. Next. While its ragin up use a Fire Spin, then use Dragon Rage to over power the Hydro Pump.

Swords Dance~Fire Spin~Dragon Rage

ChobiChibi
31st May 2003, 01:07 PM
I thought i'd have enough time... I still want to go on with this battle. I'm going away until Friday but hopefully i'll be able to post there, they have an internet connection! I'll try and post in the DQ time, but i might not be able to.

Thanks,
PL.

The_Missing_Link
31st May 2003, 10:59 PM
Round 5

Pyro:62% Wet
Swords Dance~Fire Spin~Dragon Rage

Toto:48% In the lake, tired and in pain
Water Gun~Rage~Hydro Pump

Although Pyro is high up in the air, Toto is still quite able to reach him with a water attack and plans to do just that. Breathing in, Toto releases a blast of water straight up at Pyro. The Charizard starts to spin in mid-air though, amazingly staying in one place the whole time. Splashing into him, the water just bounces off of his rotating body and falls to the ground to be eaten up by the grass. Slowly stopping the spinning, Pyro feels a bit dizzy but rather proud of his little successful plan.

Pissed off that he outsmarted him, Toto starts to collect his anger within himself and lash out at his opponent. However, his opponent is too high in the air for him to attack him so his anger starts to ebb away and turn into disappointment. Smugly watching Toto stare hopelessly up at him, he roars and rears his head back. Looking like he's going to throw up, he instead expells a curved line of fire that slams into the ground and turns into a full fledged fire tornado. Slamming straight into Toto, he wails as the burning inferno scorches his reptilian skin. Luckily for him, it's also his protection and he only suffers minor burns but still hates the feeling of fire pouring over him.

With Toto suffering more and more, Pyro decides to end this soon enough and starts out by breathing flickering green flames down upon Toto. The Totodile responds by breathing a cannon of water up at the fire dragon. Both attacks passing each other, they each hit their respected targets, Pyro roaring out in pain from the water moisting up his skin and more potent dragon fire searing Toto's body. Each heave deeply as the battle is taking its toll on both of them, knowing that they can't keep up for much longer:

Pyro:48% Tired
Toto:31% Tired

SNOTS FUBAR
8th June 2003, 09:49 AM
Lert put him on the run. Start with a Dragon Rage. Then use Ancient Powder. Finish up with a Fire Spin

The_Missing_Link
8th June 2003, 10:45 AM
You know, can you please stop calling it Ancient Powder? It's called Ancient Power. It's starting to get on my nerves --;

ChobiChibi
9th June 2003, 12:33 PM
*runs back in* I'm back! Phew... Just in time by the looks of things...

You really like that combination, don't you snots?

Anyway, Toto, give this round all you've got. Start with rain dance (mwahahaha!), use protect against Anceint Power (lol) and finish the round with Hydro pump!

Rain dance~ Protect (Anceint Power)~ Hydro pump

The_Missing_Link
10th June 2003, 05:20 PM
Round 6

Pyro:48% Tired
Dragon Rage~Ancient Power~Fire Spin

Toto:31% Tired
Rain Dance~Protect~Hydro Pump

Regaining some of their breath while their trainers yell out their next commands, they realize that the battle is going to end soon, Toto wondering how he could stand up so long against a full grown opponent and Pyro why the little crocodile hasn't fallen yet. Still though, one will prevail and the other will fall and the Pokemon use those words to surge onwards. From above, Pyro splashes Toto with the same green flames from before, burning his body badly. Grimacing through the flames, the Totodile takes it and waits until it ends. Then, he starts to glow a cerulean blue and looks up at the sky. Immediately, clouds from out of nowhere start to cover the sky, making it dark and eerie. Thunder sounds from far off and rain starts to patter against the ground and lake, making everything slick and wet. Obviously hating the rain, Pyro grumbles as he's being pelted by it.

Heading down to the ground to attack, Pyro thumps as he ground and lifts his foot to strike the ground. Knowing he will attack, Toto murmurs and puts up a translucent wall that will protect him from any harm. Stomping his foot down, a line of rocks lift up from below the ground and fly at Toto. However, the shield protects him from the rocks and they just simply crash or bounce off and land in the lake. Lowering the shield, Toto grins as Pyro snorts in contempt.

Doubtful about attacking Toto this time, Pyro nonetheless goes on with the attack and brings his head back. Releasing a swirl of flames, they form into a tornado and head towards Toto. The rain makes short work of it though and it disappears by the time it reaches Toto. All he can feel is hot steam pressing against him and it feels good rather than painful. Snorting in laughter, Toto breathes in and releases a torrent of water, slamming into Pyro easily as he's down on the ground. Roaring in pain, the Charizard feels as if he's going to faint at any moment but doesn't although he feels very weak. With the rain splattering upon both of them, the battle seems like it's going to come to a close soon:

Pyro:30%
Toto:18% Tired

Rain Dance for 3 more rounds

ChobiChibi
15th June 2003, 05:58 AM
18%? Jinkies! Oh well, lets keep going.

Now that Pyro's on the ground, use surf. If he flys up, use watergun instead. Then use headbutt and finish with hydropump.

Surf/Watergun~Headbutt~Hydropump

SNOTS FUBAR
15th June 2003, 08:46 AM
OK Plan and simple. Start off with a Protect for the Surf. Next use a Sunny Day to brighten things up. Now use a Fire Blast

Protect~Sunny Day~FireBlast

The_Missing_Link
19th June 2003, 10:46 AM
Round 7

Pyro:30%
Protect~Sunny Day~Fire Blast

Toto:18% Tired
Surf/Water Gun~Headbutt~Hydro Pump

Grumbling while standing in the rain, Pyro watches as Toto dives back into the lake, oblivious to the toxic floating dangerously next to him. Concentrating, Toto starts to rise as the water forms into a wave. Muttering a few words to himself, a dome of protection instantly surrounds Pyro as the wave slams onto his shield. Not even flickering, the dome stays strong and fades once the danger disappears. Sliding across the ground, Toto grumbles as his attack failed.

Looking to brighten things up, Pyro looks up at the sky while his body in encased in a orange-red glow. Almost instantly, the rain starts to slow down and eventually stop. Looking to stop Pyro, Toto gets up and runs into the Charizard, ramming him in his back. Pyro roars out in pain and loses all concentration he once had in summoning the sun. The end result is a cloudless sky but no sun to shine down upon both of them.

Although hoping for the sun to help, Pyro accepts the fate and is glad that it isn't raining anymore. Opening his mouth, Pyro rears back a bit and lets loose the familiar fire kanji at Toto. The little reptile is all too ready for it though and breathes in before spurting out a cannon of water. Ramming into the fire blast, both powerful attacks fight against each other before the hydro pump overpowers the fire and slams into Pyro. The Charizard roars in pain as the water burns his skin. Feeling himself become weaker, he nonetheless gets back up to face a confident but also weak Toto:

Pyro:12% Shocked at a possible defeat, back aching
Toto:15% Pretty tired, confident

SNOTS FUBAR
20th June 2003, 08:31 PM
Fly high and Fly far. Zoom up and out of the range of most attacks. Make sure its staight up. Then use Ancient Power times 2

Fly~Ancient Power~Ancient Power

ChobiChibi
22nd June 2003, 07:46 AM
Woopee!

Toto, hit it with Watergun BEFORE he starts to fly up. Then just use Hydropump twice to finish this!

Watergun~Hydropump x2

The_Missing_Link
23rd June 2003, 09:13 PM
Round 8

Pyro:12% Shocked at a possible defeat, back aching
Fly~Ancientpower x2

Toto:15% Pretty tired, confident
Water Gun~Hydro Pump x2

Pumping his wings hard, Pyro starts to zoom up into the air. Trying to get at him quickly, Toto releases a jet of water. Although a Charizard isn't that quick, Pyro manages to escape most of the water, except his hind legs and tail, which drip with water. High in the air, Pyro looks down at his trainer and sigh in disbelief.

Of course, his trainer hasn't figured out by now is that Pyro has to come down to the ground to use ancientpower. To Pyro, this means defeat and to Toto, it means a happy win for him. Coming down swiftly to use his attack, Toto breathes in deeply and releases a cannon. Barreling into Pyro, he roars in pain and lands on the ground heavily before collapsing into unconsiousness, finally down for the count:

Pyro:0% KO'ed
Toto:15% Damn happy

And I declare Toto the winner! Great comeback by Toto, a really interesting battle. Perhaps if Super Nova had read my previous reffings carefully, this wouldn't have happened but it did. Great battle for both anyway

ChobiChibi
28th June 2003, 10:45 AM
YAY! Well done Toto! ^_^ I knew it! Second battle is always the best!

Thanks TML for reffing!

I'm new to the winning thing... Right. I shall evolve Toto. Yay-ness! *skips off to the ASB bank*