PDA

View Full Version : Professional Musician!

Deadwood_Zen
20th July 2011, 10:24 PM
So, my first paid gig. On my own, too. Tomorrow I get to sign the contract for playing every Thursday at the local Farmer's Market 'til the end of August and pick up my advance. Making $200 bucks total(half now, half at the end of the summer) for playing 3 hours a week. Have to play "mellow" stuff and stuff that will blend in, which means mostly acoustic covers minus lyrics and a shitload of improv. Also get to meet a folk guitarist and a fiddler they have already, so excited for that. Bringing my mandolin and Stacie(my main acoustic guitar).

Sorry, I just felt the need to share that. Just need to fill a 3 hour setlist. Any ideas for songs? If not for tomorrow, but for the future? :]

Deadwood_Zen
20th July 2011, 10:28 PM
Also, I found an external mic and webcam, so look forward to videos of me doing original and cover songs. Mostly, will keep that on Facebook, but I'll be sure to post my first vid on here with a link to my channel. Shameless in promoting, I am Dx

mattbcl
21st July 2011, 03:58 PM
For my money, it'd have to be Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash, if you're looking for feel-good music that'll blend in. Still, congratulations! It's awesome you're getting paid to do something you enjoy. Not enough of us get an opportunity like that. Looking forward to seeing / hearing how you do.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
21st July 2011, 09:56 PM
It's great to hear that from you, Deadwood_Zen. If you ever put your promotional clips on Youtube, you are much welcome to share them here at TPM. As for song suggestions, if I was a musician, I would sing stuff from my Poetry Corner replies in FanFic forum. That's right, I found it hard to give YOU song suggestions since I don't really know what fits the type you are into.

OK, now I'm off to draw your signature!

Deadwood_Zen
21st July 2011, 10:25 PM
Well, it went amazing. I learned that I need an acoustic bass, and free food, good music and people is the best way to spend any afternoon. Greatest strawberries ever, and I've been to fruit stands and stores all over Oregon and California.

Becky
22nd July 2011, 05:59 PM
Congrats, Deadwood_Zen! Sounds awesome!

(Mmm...I love strawberries, too!)

Asilynne
22nd July 2011, 06:28 PM
Glad you got to do it!! Try craigslist for musician gigs too if you want to do more :)

Gavin Luper
23rd July 2011, 01:10 AM
Well, it went amazing. I learned that I need an acoustic bass, and free food, good music and people is the best way to spend any afternoon. Greatest strawberries ever, and I've been to fruit stands and stores all over Oregon and California.

Congrats, dude. That sounds pretty awesome!