PDA

View Full Version : [Check] Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team(?)

Whitlea
28th July 2011, 06:28 PM
That's right! I'm considering starting up my own roleplay based on the Mystery Dungeon series. I've always been curious on what others would do if given the situation of waking up one morning to find that they have warped into a random PoKéMoN suiting their personality. I wanted to start this topic off with hopes of finding out how many people would actually be interested in joining and might have any ideas or inspirations to add. Credit due, of course! I was thinking that if people went by what PoKéMoN they actually got in the game too as their roleplaying character would be sort of neat. In a way, you're learning a little about the gamer behind the character in my opinion. Though this would be entirely optional. Preferably, I'd like everyone to have different PoKéMoN (though I'm flexible if asked).

As for events/storylines, I wanted to discuss it over with the group who may be interested. Personally, I was thinking of us going about our business saving the odd PoKéMoN in trouble and delivering items to their rightful places. Then BAM! Team Rocket try to capture us for profit of some kind. I thought it would be rather dramatic and fun.

My PoKéMoN in the game was originally Eevee. When starting over upon completion, I got Cubone and Pikachu. For a roleplay, I'd prefer Eevee but if someone wants it more just ask and I'll be happy to take Cubone as my character... but it brings me back to the question; "Who is interested?"

It's a literate roleplay I'm looking for.
Legendary PoKéMoN as RPCs aren't allowed unless agreed on by the team.
However, anybody interested in being a member of Team Rocket is more than welcomed.
And of course even Team Rocket needs PoKéMoN so I see no reason not to include them too.

Also, ChobiChibi made very good points in her post and also put up a personality test relating to the topic at hand. Feel free to take it if you are unsure as to what PoKéMoN role you would like to take.

I also want to apologise in advance if I have stupidly posted this in the wrong place.

Asilynne
28th July 2011, 06:33 PM
This is a perfect place don't worry! I'd be interested in joining but my time has been limited for Roleplaying so it may take a while for me to catch up on my other roleplays. BUT! I would like to help you get it started :) If you need any advice or someone to bounce ideas off of I'm willing! Its about time we had another pokemon related rpg for once XD

Whitlea
28th July 2011, 06:39 PM
I think I love you. JS.

It's alright, my time will be limited for a while too. I'm travelling from Glasgow to Liverpool at lunch time tomorrow and won't be back till Monday. I'll be trying my best to find internet connection though. I just thought talking things over and leaving people to have a chance to read/think this over first would be a good option.

classy_cat18
28th July 2011, 07:32 PM
Can someone tell me why we have so many people from the U.K. here? Not to offend anyone or anything but these forums are a real Brit magnet!

Anyway, you're saying that if I wanna join I gotta send you a piece of my RP skills? What are you looking for exactly, because I got quite a few posts here if you're willing to dig deep enough.

Whitlea
28th July 2011, 08:10 PM
If it's for a Legendary or Team Rocket role, it's just a sample to prove that you would carry it out well enough. On previous roleplaying forums, I've seen countless key characters used in such ways that they post very little detailed posts or are never very active on the site to start with. In short, it's to show you're serious about roleplaying, I guess. I'd be more than happy to look if you happen to be interested in such roles?

classy_cat18
28th July 2011, 08:23 PM
Not sure. For now I'll stick with a Pokemon.

Whitlea
28th July 2011, 08:24 PM
Either way, I'm thrilled you peeked into my thread. ; u ;

DivineAll
28th July 2011, 10:59 PM
Consider my interest peaked with your idea.

Drago
29th July 2011, 03:48 AM
I haven't RPed in ages, but something like this sounds like it might be fun! Only problem, I cheated the game by checking what each answer led to in order to ensure I got Bulbasaur. Ha.

ChobiChibi
29th July 2011, 07:58 AM
Hello! Beck checking in~

First off, I like this idea. It's different to school ones, where things don't seem to go anywhere. I think as long as you plan the dungeons right (assuming there'll be some), this could become veeeery interesting. I think RPGs where there is some kind of goal in mind tend to work better, since the RPers know where they're headed in the end.

Legendary PoKéMoN as RPCs aren't allowed unless agreed on by the team.
The same goes for anybody interested in being a member of Team Rocket.
Fair enough on the Legendary Pokemon front, as most Pokemon RPGs have that same kind of rule. However, if you want to make this really interesting, I would suggest having 2 or 3 people actually play Team Rocket members. Most of us have been RPing for years, so staying on task, or perhaps even in character, won't be too difficult.
Perhaps even Team Rocket's Pokemon would be interesting too! Or some human characters. Depends how complex you want this to be I guess.

I think voting is a lot more fair than just handing out the characters.
I'm not quite sure what you meant by this one. If you mean that you want to use the Pokemon selected in the games as playable characters, that's fair enough. I've done a bit of googling, Nintendo used to have the personality test for Explorers of Time/Darkness on their website, but I can't find it. I did find this (http://www.gotoquiz.com/pokemon_mystery_dungeon_personality_test) however.

Pokemon Mystery dungeon personality test (http://www.gotoquiz.com/pokemon_mystery_dungeon_personality_test)
Your Result: Totodile
http://www.gotoquiz.com.nyud.net/upic/20101031/cN469vHtptyjTXfh.png
You are a Jolly personality type.
Totodile is the second generation water starter.
Despite its small body, TOTODILE's jaws are very powerful. While it may think it is just playfully nipping, its bite has enough strength to cause serious injury.
Result Breakdown:
93% Totodile
86% Mudkip
81% Chikorita
59% Charmander
58% Torchic
54% Turtwig
45% Treeko
28% Bulbasaur
23% Cyndaquil
12% Squirtle
Quiz Created on GoTo Quiz (http://www.gotoquiz.com/)

But that's for my personality, obviously. This wouldn't be accurate if I wanted to play someone that was shy or rude. And this test is only for the... GBA games, I think. I got Piplup on Explorers of Time, for example.

But I also found this table (http://www.psypokes.com/dungeon/test.php) and this table (http://www.psypokes.com/dungeon2/test.php) that show what the outcomes of each question is, and what stat it kinda gives you. But they don't show what pokemon that makes... I guess you can decide, or look it up? XD

My suggestion would be giving a sample of your roleplaying skills.
Well, that won't be a problem for most of us, since like I said, we've been at this for years. But you might put off some of the newer players (we have a few) or some of the oldies that haven't RP'd in a while. Like DragoKnight, for example. Although I can't ever remember RPing with him back in the day, from his posts elsewhere I know he'd be fine in an RPG.
But I guess this is for your benefit rather than the rest of us, since we know each other pretty well.

Anyway, if you need any help, feel free to IM me whenever. I don't bite, only nibble >w>

Whitlea
3rd August 2011, 03:57 AM
Sorry for the late post! I was meant to be back on the 1st but was delayed by a day from brutal food poisoning. Ooft, I'm never touching vanilla cheesecake again... Anywho, I want to thank ChobiChibi for her fantastic input and I have now edited my first post due to this. Team Rocket roles are available (as are their own PoKéMoN roles) and samples are no longer needed as most here seem to know what they are doing. What I didn't say in my first post was that if you would like to use your own human character for the story, please feel free to mention so.

Drago
3rd August 2011, 05:54 AM
Question: if we were to RP Team Rocket Pokemon, would we still have to follow the structure of the personality test? I only ask because I assume that some of the TR Pokemon wouldn't be following the 'former human' storyline.

Whitlea
3rd August 2011, 10:44 AM
Not as such, no. The point of this suggested RP was mainly to see or discover a little more about the roleplayers personality and game play/experiance whilst simply having fun. However, with TR PoKéMoN I don't really see a need to use the personality test though people are free to do so if they wish. TR don't really seem to ever use the playable PoKéMoN in the game though, adding to reason. (Unless you count Meowth but even then, thats only the TV series or PoKéMoN Yellow)

Drago
11th October 2011, 09:42 PM
I quite liked this idea. OP disappeared, though. :(

ChobiChibi
12th October 2011, 04:35 AM
I was thinking the same recently. I'll try and get hold of her when all this madness ends.

Drago
3rd November 2011, 08:36 PM
http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/snes/smrpg/images/cheftort.gif

Poke, poke, poke!

Ouch! OUCH!

Anything yet? :D Obscure Mario RPG reference makes my pestering more tolerable, yes? :heh:

ChobiChibi
4th November 2011, 03:48 AM
I've not heard anything from her, so I guess we could go for it ourselves?! Let's go Drago!

Drago
4th November 2011, 04:57 AM
If it happens, I'll definitely join! I'm piss poor with starting 'em up, though. :o