PDA

View Full Version : Game: Pokemon Hangman v.77 (MA)

Pages : [1] 2

Lady Vulpix
15th August 2011, 04:01 PM
NOTE: here is the link to The Official Pokémon Hangman Randomizer (http://pokemon-randomizer.greatnow.com/randomizer_bw.html). If you select a Pokemon with alternate forms using the Official Pokémon Hangman Randomizer, it will also name what form has been selected in parentheses, like "UNOWN (A)" or "BURMY Steel." Don't include this extra letter, extra word, or extra symbol in the puzzle, however. Just tell the winner what the form is when you award the plushie!

Pokémon Hangman v.77
Little_Pikachu approved :025:

Game Founder / Rules Creator: Jay
Rules Editor For This Version: Lady Vulpix
Hosts: mr_pikachu, Number1ChanseyFan, Shadow Wolf, Lady Vulpix

We're all probably played hangman in the past, or at least heard of it. Pokemon Hangman was first created by Mist (now PancaKe) who was associated with the Charmander Central Club in giving out "plushies" as prizes for people who had guessed correctly. People began big collections of these "plushies" when this game was first introduced to PCG, and we hope that people will extend their big collections, or even start them, today.

Rules
Newest rules in Cyan

The rules of Hangman are fairly straightforward. If you don't know them, then watch a few people post and we're sure you'll get the hang of it. (Pun intended? I don't know, I just copy/pasted it.)

But we do have specific rules that we need to follow to make the game slightly trickier. You may only post a maximum of THREE single letter guesses per person before you must guess the name of the Pokemon. This rule is subject to change. But for now it's THREE and only THREE single letter guesses per person, per round. This shouldn't be too hard to follow. If you notice someone that has made more than three single letter guesses then you should be smart and tell them so. :rolleyes:

On each new puzzle, no player may guess a vowel (A, E, I, O, or U) until they have guessed at least one consonant. However, anyone may make Pokemon guesses before guessing a consonant.

When someone guesses the word correctly it is their turn to think of a Pokemon for others to guess. Please make sure you don't mess up for other people's sake - double check to see if a letter is present once or more in the Pokemon's name you're doing before you post to avoid mistakes. Also, if it's your turn, try and preserve the rarity of each plushie so we have a nice mix. You can use the randomizer (see link above) to help you with this. However, if you use another randomizer and the pokemon you have to award has an alternate form, select the form that you will award and announce it at the end of the puzzle.

You may only win a maximum of three plushies per 24-hour period; this is to prevent a certain group of people called plushie hogs grabbing all the stuff every second turn. (Each new day begins 24 hours after you've won the first of the three plushies.)

Even if you win three plushies you may still play. However, if you win after you've exceeded the limit you must either A) give the plushie to someone else who is less fortunate or B) do not take the plushie as a prize. Just make sure everyone has a fair go too!

Legendaries can be won here, but only a worker may award them. Anyone else may not. If this were possible we'd have legendaries popping up everywhere, and they deserve some rarity. Shiny plushies may also be won here, and only the workers may give them out. You won't know if you've won one of these very rare plushies until you win the plushie.

The only pokemon that aren't allowed to be done by the players here are: Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Mew, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Raikou, Suicune, Entei, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Jirachi, Deoxys, Groudon, Kyogre, Latios, Latias, Rayquaza, Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, Heatran, Regigigas, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Cresselia, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo, Landorus, Tornadus, Thundurus, Meloetta and Genesect. All others are fine.

Some Pokemon have unusual characters in their names. The following is a guide to show how we display those Pokemon in Hangman puzzles:

*Ho-oh - HOOH(4 letters)
Mr. Mime - MRMIME(6 letters)
Mime Jr. - MIMEJR(6 letters)
Porygon Two - PORYGON2(8 letters)
Porygon Z - PORYGONZ(8 letters)
Nidoran Female - NIDORANF(8 letters)
Nidoran Male - NIDORANM(8 letters)
Farfetch'd - FARFETCHD(9 letters)

* - Since Ho-oh is a legendary, only a worker may award it. But this could be useful if you see a worker giving a four-lettered puzzle.

You are allowed a maximum of NINE incorrect guesses before it's Game Over, not per person, that includes everyone's incorrect guesses. Usually people guess the name before the nine incorrect guesses so don't worry. If no one guesses the Pokemon correctly by the quota then no one receives a plushie, and one of the workers must do the next puzzle. You don't get two turns in a row at it. You may only post one guess until the person posts an update of the current Pokemon.

Try and not be too idle, the workers would like the game to be fast moving. If you guess the Pokemon correctly and then you're going to be away for 2 weeks then don't wait until you get back because you'll most likely forget about the game. Give someone else a turn.

Right now, an incorrect letter is counted as 1 incorrect guess and incorrect Pokemon are also counted as 2 incorrect guesses. This is also subject to change later on to improve/decrease the difficulty, if any of the workers think it's needed.

Absolutely no editing your guess at the name or a letter. If you plan to edit your post and notice a late spelling mistake and want to change it then specify so. Don't use this as an excuse to change your guess because you might have someone who witnessed you with your previous guess. You'll be in big trouble then.

If it is your turn to post a puzzle, you have 48 hours to post or update the puzzle. In the case of updating, this applies to three situations:
1. When someone makes a letter guess, and it is in (or not in) the puzzle (this also applies to letter guesses in advance).

2. When someone makes a Pokemon guess, and it is wrong/right.

3. When you have yet to post after winning a plushie.

If you don't post 48 hours after any situation above, you will lose your turn, and one of the workers will start the next puzzle. (note: the 48 hour rule doesn't apply to the workers). This will keep the game running quickly.

When you are guessing the name of a Pokemon on anyone else's turn, you must spell the Pokemon correctly in order to win a plushie of that Pokemon. Example of this rule in action: let's say someone guessed "Picachu" as their answer to a puzzle, and then another person afterword guesses "Pikachu." If the puzzle is indeed Pikachu, the person who posted second would get the plushie, since the first person spelled it wrong. So please try and avoid making this mistake every time you guess a Pokemon. As for a counter-example, if the man is close to hanging, a correct guess for the Pokemon that is spelled incorrectly will unfortunately make the man hang if there are 1 or 2 guesses remaining, so be careful about this.

Also, if it's your birthday, you're more than welcome to pick any plushie you want for your birthday (excluding legendaries), however, you cannot pick a shiny plushie, as they are obviously rarer than legendaries. When it is your birthday, just post here saying what regular coloured, non-legendary plushie you want and one of the workers will give you your plushie on their next post.

Plushies

What is a Plushie?

Plushies are soft toys. In this game, if you guess a Pokemon correctly you receive a soft toy of the Pokemon you guessed correctly.

What do I do with a Plushie?

Umm... look at them? They aren't really used for anything, mainly just a fun collecting sort of thing. That's all. Maybe one day they might be used for something, but that's a doubtful possibility. If you have a site it might be wise to put them on there to keep track of what you have. Or keep them on a word document.

I don't like my plushie! Can I trade with someone else?

Yes, you may as long as the other person agrees. If they don't want to trade with you then you should respect that. There are many others that may want to trade. Since this game was created long ago some people may already have a decent amount of plushies they might like to trade. You could try sending a PM/IM to one of them if you would like to trade or ask for a list of their plushies. Most people who played Expedia have plushies, so try trading with one of them, or you could start playing the game to extend your collection a different way.

Can I sell my plushies? Or buy one off someone?

No, you may not sell your plushies for CCPs or Stamps.

How many plushies am I allowed to own?

As many as you can win here. Just remember you can only win a maximum of three every 24-hour-period!

Final Words

ONLY post the names of Pokemon. No dictionary words (nor anything else that is not a Pokemon)! That is if you haven't been bothered to read the rules, which I recommend reading. There are almost 650 Pokemon to choose from so good luck!

If there's something you don't understand then ask Number1ChanseyFan, Shadow Wolf, Lady Vulpix, or mr_pikachu -- we bite but we'll still help. Or maybe someone else can help. Have fun! Your hosts and hostesses -- mr_pikachu, Number1ChanseyFan, Shadow Wolf, and Lady Vulpix.

The man has been hung a total of forty-three (43) times (last hanging: 2011-09-05)

Knight of Time is running the current puzzle. I've already won 3 plushies today, but I will guess an R to help other players.

Knight of Time
15th August 2011, 04:12 PM
Thanks Gabi...I wasn't expecting to be caught off-guard at the end of the last version, but oh well, it happens.

There's no R here, sorry.

--------- (9)

Incorrect Guesses: R

Guesses Remaining: 8

Lady Vulpix
15th August 2011, 04:29 PM
Oh, sorry, I guess you didn't see Brian's post.

Nicely done, Kyle! We'll let you answer Gabi's question, and then I think that will be a great point at which to close this version of Pokemon Hangman. :)

Anyway, we're on a new version now and everything's OK. Is there an L?

mr_pikachu
15th August 2011, 04:30 PM
Sorry about that, Kyle... I just figured that we were at the point for a new version anyway, and it seemed like a nice idea to close the book on that one with your climactic 250th win.

Anyway, is there an N here?

Knight of Time
15th August 2011, 04:36 PM
Yeah Gabi, I didn't see Brian's post before I first posted the puzzle, but I saw it afterward, so it's all okay.

There is an L, but no N here.

-l------- (9)

Incorrect Guesses: R, N

Guesses Remaining: 7

mr_pikachu
15th August 2011, 04:52 PM
Ooh, I think this is a Blastoise!

Knight of Time
15th August 2011, 05:06 PM
It is indeed, Brian!

'hands you a Blastoise plushie'

Well, even though I have to wait until tomorrow afternoon, I might as well guess an R in advance to see if it helps someone else win a plushie tonight.

BTW, Brian, I'm just curious to if you made any progress on your trade list yet since I helped you?

mr_pikachu
15th August 2011, 05:43 PM
Thanks, Kyle! No, I haven't had a chance to work on my plushie list, but that's on my to-do list! :)

Anyway, here's the next puzzle

R _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Incorrect Guesses: N/A
Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 9

Good luck!

Fett One
15th August 2011, 07:49 PM
Is there a T?

mr_pikachu
15th August 2011, 08:09 PM
I'm afraid not.

R _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Incorrect Guesses: T
Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 8

Lady Vulpix
15th August 2011, 08:37 PM
I can't get a plushie now, but I can still guess. Is it Rapidash? If it is, I'll give it to the next poster who hasn't won 3 plushies within the last 24 hours.

mr_pikachu
15th August 2011, 09:51 PM
Indeed it is, Gabi! The Rapidash belongs to... well, someone. ^^;;

R in advance, please!

Knight of Time
15th August 2011, 09:54 PM
Well that someone doesn't need to be me...even if I didn't get 3 plushies today, I already have a Rapidash.

N in advance please.

Fett One
15th August 2011, 10:55 PM
S in advance please.

Shadow Wolf
16th August 2011, 07:49 AM
*raises hand*

I already have one too.

L in advance please.

Lady Vulpix
16th August 2011, 11:32 AM
OK, then the Rapidash belongs to Fett One.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ L L _ (10)
Wrong guesses: R, N, S.
Guesses left: 6

Knight of Time
16th August 2011, 11:33 AM
It has to be Gothitelle.

Lady Vulpix
16th August 2011, 11:41 AM
Indeed! The Gothitelle plushie is yours, Kyle. Your turn!

Shadow Wolf
16th August 2011, 11:48 AM
Well done Kyle! N in advance please.

Knight of Time
16th August 2011, 11:48 AM
Thanks Gabi, that's the first B/W plushie I now have a double of, so this one's becoming trading fodder (hopefully with Brian whenever he's ready for trading again; Shadow Wolf, what doubles do you have at the moment? I might consider a trade with you instead for now if you have any doubles I don't have).

Okay, here's the next puzzle.

---------- (10)

Incorrect Guesses: N

Shadow Wolf
16th August 2011, 11:56 AM
Hmm, how about an R?

Kyle: My list hasn't changed much, so I'm not sure if something new comes up. Nevertheless, here's the list:

Nidoqueen, Alakazam, Magneton, Hitmonlee, Kabutops, Azumarill, Sudowoodo, Umbreon, Corsola, Treecko, Cascoon, Makuhita, Swalot, Duskull, Metagross.

Knight of Time
16th August 2011, 12:06 PM
There's no R here, and I'm afraid I have every one of the plushies you mentioned, Shadow Wolf.

---------- (10)

Incorrect Guesses: N, R

Shadow Wolf
16th August 2011, 12:15 PM
Wow, then my last letter guess is: L

Knight of Time
16th August 2011, 12:48 PM
There is an L here.

----l----- (10)

Lady Vulpix
16th August 2011, 02:36 PM
I'm at university, so I'll throw in a guess: is it Jigglypuff?

Knight of Time
16th August 2011, 02:44 PM
It is Jigglypuff, Gabi.

'hands you the plushie'

Can I have an R in advance, please?

Lady Vulpix
16th August 2011, 02:48 PM
Whoa, that was a lucky guess!

I have one already, so this one will be up for trade!

Current trading list: Lapras, Slaking, Nidoqueen, Charmander, Jigglypuff.

R _ _ _ _ _ (6)
Guesses left: 9

Knight of Time
16th August 2011, 02:55 PM
Ooh, this could be a plushie I'm looking for...is there a U?

Lady Vulpix
16th August 2011, 02:56 PM
Yes, there is!

R _ _ _ _ U (6)

Knight of Time
16th August 2011, 02:57 PM
Let's try Raikou first.

Lady Vulpix
16th August 2011, 02:58 PM
No, sorry. But you'll probably get it now.

R _ _ _ _ U (6)
Wrong guesses: Raikou
Guesses left: 7

Knight of Time
16th August 2011, 02:58 PM
Oh, well it's Raichu then.

Lady Vulpix
16th August 2011, 03:00 PM
Yes, it is. :)

Knight of Time
16th August 2011, 03:04 PM
Sweet, that adds another much-wanted plushie to my collection, thanks Gabi!

Here's the next puzzle.

------- (7)

Incorrect Guesses: n/a

Guesses Remaining: 9

Fett One
16th August 2011, 03:11 PM
Is there a S?

Knight of Time
16th August 2011, 03:17 PM
No there isn't, sorry.

------- (7)

Incorrect Guesses: S

Fett One
16th August 2011, 03:19 PM
How about an E?

Knight of Time
16th August 2011, 03:21 PM
How about two?

----ee- (7)

Lady Vulpix
16th August 2011, 03:23 PM
Is it Goldeen?

Knight of Time
16th August 2011, 03:26 PM
Nope.

----ee-

Incorrect Guesses: S, Goldeen

Guesses Remaining: 6

Fett One
16th August 2011, 03:27 PM
Is this Bayleef?

Knight of Time
16th August 2011, 03:31 PM
You got it, Fett One.

'hands you a Bayleef plushie'

Can I have an R in advance please?

Fett One
16th August 2011, 03:38 PM
Thanks.

------- (7)

Knight of Time
16th August 2011, 03:45 PM
Okay, let's try an A.

mr_pikachu
16th August 2011, 05:55 PM
I'll add an L, myself.

Fett One
16th August 2011, 06:01 PM
---L L -- (7)

Incorrect Guesses: R A

mr_pikachu
16th August 2011, 06:05 PM
Hmm. Could this be a Shellos?

Fett One
16th August 2011, 06:07 PM
---L L -- (7)

Incorrect Guesses: R A Shellos

Guesses Remaining: 5

mr_pikachu
16th August 2011, 06:08 PM
Fair enough. I think this is a Swellow.

Knight of Time
16th August 2011, 06:16 PM
That definitely has to be right (not to mention it's one I have already), so can I have an R in advance please?

Fett One
16th August 2011, 06:18 PM
Congrats mr_pikachu.

I'll take S in advance.

mr_pikachu
16th August 2011, 06:34 PM
Thanks, Fett! I don't know whether that one is already in my collection or not, but it's a welcome addition!

Here's the next one.

R _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (9)

Good luck!

Knight of Time
16th August 2011, 06:39 PM
Hmm, seems this one has a 50% chance of being a legendary...is there a G?

mr_pikachu
16th August 2011, 06:41 PM
Will this piece of information serve as a revelation?

R _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (9)

Incorrect Guesses: S, G
Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 7

Knight of Time
16th August 2011, 06:43 PM
Ugh, forgot there was no S here, so it can't be a legendary...no big deal though. It has to be Relicanth.

mr_pikachu
16th August 2011, 06:49 PM
Bingo! The Relicanth is yours, Kyle. Nicely done!

I'll take an R in advance, please.

Knight of Time
16th August 2011, 06:57 PM
Thanks Brian...for a moment I thought I already had a Relicanth plushie, and I realized I don't, so this is a new addition to my collection...and for the second straight day, it's my third plushie (6 plushies in two days...I think this is the first time I won 3 plushies on one day, then another 3 plushies the next day).

Remembering that list I first PMed you Brian, plus the Blastoise plushie you won earlier this week, does that make 3 Blastoise plushies you have? I'm tempted to trade my extra Gothitelle plushie for one of your Blastoise plushies whenever you're ready.

Anyway, here's the next puzzle.

-r----- (7)

mr_pikachu
16th August 2011, 07:04 PM
Well, I'm still not sure, as it's quite possible I traded away some plushies after posting that list you sent me. I still need to check on those things... it's going to take awhile, so I probably won't be trading for quite some time. Sorry about that.

Anyway, how about a D?

Knight of Time
16th August 2011, 07:09 PM
Well Brian, that's okay, but let me give you some advice...when it comes to the plushie checking, you might want to take it a little at a time...maybe the Internet Archive might help you.

But back to the puzzle, there's no D, sorry.

-r----- (7)

Incorrect Guesses: D

mr_pikachu
16th August 2011, 07:14 PM
Right, that's why I figure it will be some time before I'm ready for trading again.

In any case, I'll try an L as my last letter guess.

Lady Vulpix
16th August 2011, 07:25 PM
Then I'll guess an S.

Fett One
16th August 2011, 07:27 PM
Is there a P?

Knight of Time
16th August 2011, 07:27 PM
Hmm...you know what I think might be the way to go to get your updated plushie list, Brian? You mentioned back on July 20th (and possibly earlier) that your old desktop died...is it technically possible for a computer technician to retrieve the files from the hard drive (e.g. if it was somehow swapped into another computer for that computer's hard drive...I have a feeling that'd be pretty risky though) and transfer them to some sort of media that can hold them that your current computer supports, such as an external hard drive, a CD/DVD, a USB flash drive, or even an SD card like the kind digital cameras use? Around the time our last desktop computer died, the person(s) who helped us get our new desktop computer was able to salvage the C drive of the old computer, and its contents were transferred over to the D drive of the current desktop computer (hence; I think it has two hard drives).

There is an L, but no S or P.

-r-l--- (7)

Incorrect Guesses: D, S, P

Lady Vulpix
16th August 2011, 07:28 PM
Breloom?

And I'll expand on what Kyle said: if yu still have the hard drive, it may be recoverable, and the only risk you run is that of not getting the file back, so you have nothing to lose.

Knight of Time
16th August 2011, 07:30 PM
Yes, this one's a Breloom, congrats Gabi!

'hands you the plushie'

Well, once again I can't get another plushie until tomorrow afternoon, but let's see an advanced R will help someone else win tonight.

Fett One
16th August 2011, 07:30 PM
S in advance please.

Lady Vulpix
16th August 2011, 07:33 PM
Thanks! Current trading list: Lapras, Slaking, Nidoqueen, Charmander, Jigglypuff, Breloom.

_ _ R _ _ _ (6)
Wrong guesses: S
Guesses left: 8

Knight of Time
16th August 2011, 07:41 PM
Is it possible to make a trade even if you've won three plushies for the day? If so, Gabi, just wondering how many of the doubles I have are not on your list?

My updated list of doubles is:

Butterfree
Venusaur (triples since I have 3 of this one)
Spinda
Vibrava
Meowth
Golem
Tentacruel
Chikorita
Shelgon
Gothitelle

I'm curious because I wish I could trade for your extra Jigglypuff and/or extra Breloom plushies at some point, please.

Is there an E?

mr_pikachu
16th August 2011, 07:43 PM
Actually, that's been my long-term plan all along. I've been meaning to do it myself, but time's been short. Basically, what I want to do is transfer the old computer's internal hard drive into a special case (awhile back, I saw some on Amazon for roughly $15) that would essentially make it function as an external hard drive. I have no reason to believe that the hard drive itself is irreparably damaged, but I can't retrieve the files until I either pay a company to retrieve them or get the case, as the old computer had no Firewire ports.

Also, I'll try an L here.

EDIT: Yes, you're certainly welcome to trade after your third plushie; trades don't count toward your daily limit for plushie wins. ^_^

Fett One
16th August 2011, 07:47 PM
How about A?

Lady Vulpix
17th August 2011, 10:49 AM
This should be easy now.

_ _ R L _ A (6)
Wrong guesses: S, E

Kyle: from your list I'm missing the following: Spinda, Vibrava, Meowth, Golem, Tentacruel, Gothitelle.

Knight of Time
17th August 2011, 10:56 AM
Okay Gabi...I'll trade you any two of those six doubles I have for your extra Jigglypuff and Breloom plushies...whatever two you want, I'll let you choose.

I already have a plushie of this Pokemon, but I might as well throw in a K for good measure.

Lady Vulpix
17th August 2011, 11:10 AM
OK, then. I'll trade my Breloom and Jigglypuff for your Meowth and Vibrava. :)

K _ R L _ A (6)
Wrong guesses: S, E

Shadow Wolf
17th August 2011, 11:35 AM
I'm almost sure that this one's a Kirlia

Knight of Time
17th August 2011, 11:37 AM
You got it Gabi.

'gives you my spare Meowth and Vibrava plushies for your spare Breloom and Jigglypuff plushies'

Thanks for the trade Gabi, and Shadow Wolf, knowing your guess has to be right, can I have an R in advance please?

Lady Vulpix
17th August 2011, 12:00 PM
Louis's guess is right indeed. :)

Was there any doubt?

Shadow Wolf
17th August 2011, 12:06 PM
Thanks Gabi! As for your question, well, even if its minimum, there's always a room for doubt.

But don't mind my nerdy thoughts. Here's the next one:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _( 8 )

Incorrect: R

Remaining: 8

Knight of Time
17th August 2011, 12:32 PM
Let's try an S.

Lady Vulpix
17th August 2011, 12:32 PM
Well, the list of known Pokemon is finite, so the extra options run out eventually.

Anyway, is there an L in this one?

Fett One
17th August 2011, 03:14 PM
How about a T?

mr_pikachu
17th August 2011, 09:03 PM
I'll add an N to the list.

Shadow Wolf
18th August 2011, 07:42 AM
1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 5?

L _ _ _ N _ _ N( 8 )

Incorrect: R,S,T

Remaining: 6

Knight of Time
18th August 2011, 09:40 AM
It has to be Lumineon.

Shadow Wolf
18th August 2011, 10:16 AM
That display of security can almost be considered an order...

...but as a guess, it is the correct one. Congratulations Kyle! The Lumineon is yours.

*hands over the plushie*

N in advance please.

mr_pikachu
18th August 2011, 11:16 AM
Nice one, Kyle. I'll take an R in advance, if you don't mind.

Fett One
18th August 2011, 12:43 PM
S in advance please.

Knight of Time
18th August 2011, 01:12 PM
Thanks Louis, that's a new one for me.

Here's the next puzzle.

N-n--s- (7)

This one's going to go quick, quite literally.

Lady Vulpix
18th August 2011, 01:13 PM
Quick like a Ninjask?

mr_pikachu
18th August 2011, 01:14 PM
...R in advance, please. :sweat2:

Knight of Time
18th August 2011, 01:18 PM
I told you guys this one would go fast, it's a Ninjask, congrats Gabi!

'hands you the plushie'

How about an H in advance please?

Lady Vulpix
18th August 2011, 01:23 PM
That was fun. :)

Plushies for trade: Lapras, Slaking, Nidoqueen, Charmander, Ninjask.

_ R _ _ _ _ (6)
Wrong guesses: H

Knight of Time
18th August 2011, 01:26 PM
Gabi, would it be okay if I traded you one of the remaining doubles I have for your extra Ninjask plushie, please?

Is there an E?

mr_pikachu
18th August 2011, 01:29 PM
In the meantime, I think I'll take a chance on Arceus.

Lady Vulpix
18th August 2011, 01:30 PM
Sure. How about :073:?

_ R _ _ _ _ (6)
Wrong guesses: H, E, Arceus
Guesses left: 5

BTW, Brian, please check the Tagboard and/or your PMs.

mr_pikachu
18th August 2011, 01:31 PM
This might be a Crobat.

Lady Vulpix
18th August 2011, 01:32 PM
No, sorry.

_ R _ _ _ _ (6)
Wrong guesses: H, E, Arceus, Crobat
Guesses left: 3

Oh, and I edited my previous post with a message.

mr_pikachu
18th August 2011, 01:33 PM
Then I'll bet it's a Krabby.

Lady Vulpix
18th August 2011, 01:33 PM
You win that bet! :D

Knight of Time
18th August 2011, 01:35 PM
I'm pretty sure Brian's right (not to mention that's another one I have...it seems with every new plushie I win, the chances of me winning a new one steadily decrease...it's not a big deal as long as I have potential people to trade with, hence why I can hardly wait until Brian's able to do trades again), so I'd like to guess an R in advance please.

And on our latest plushie trade Gabi, sure, I can trade you one of my Tentacruel plushies for your extra Ninjask plushie.

mr_pikachu
18th August 2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks, Gabi! That one... uh, might be another new plushie for my collection! (It's not on this list, but I know it's partially outdated, so... yeah.)

Anyway. Here's the next one.

_ _ R _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Good luck!

Knight of Time
18th August 2011, 01:40 PM
Let's try an A.

mr_pikachu
18th August 2011, 01:40 PM
Keep the rally going!

_ _ R _ A _ _ _ (8)

Lady Vulpix
18th August 2011, 01:42 PM
Thanks for trading, Kyle!

Umm... I'm stumped on this one. Is my list wrong? Wormadam has 2 As and it's the closest I can find.

Knight of Time
18th August 2011, 01:45 PM
Could this be a Tornadus?

mr_pikachu
18th August 2011, 01:46 PM
Yes, everything is actually correct with the puzzle. Eight letters, "R" in the third spot, "A" in the fifth spot, no incorrect guesses so far. I'm going to assume, from the way you phrased your sentence, that you were not intending to submit "Wormadam" as a guess at this time, Gabi.

EDIT: Kyle's got it! The legendary Tornadus is yours! Well done, Kyle. :)

Knight of Time
18th August 2011, 01:49 PM
Thanks Brian, that's netted me two of the legendary Flying types from B/W, since I already have a Thundurus plushie. Maybe someday I'll net the third one. :)

Thanks for the latest trade, Gabi. :)

Anyway, here's the next puzzle.

------ (6)

mr_pikachu
18th August 2011, 01:52 PM
I'll open this round with an L.

Lady Vulpix
18th August 2011, 01:56 PM
I wasn't submitting Wormadam as a guess, not that it would have made any difference. But it has helped me fix my list, which was missing 12 Pokemon. O_o I hope it's fine now.

Congrats, Kyle!

And I'll guess an R.

Knight of Time
18th August 2011, 02:06 PM
Thanks Gabi...I believe that's my third legendary plushie now that I think of it.

There's no L or R here guys, sorry.

------ (6)

Incorrect Guesses: L, R

mr_pikachu
18th August 2011, 03:52 PM
Let's try an N this time.

Knight of Time
18th August 2011, 03:58 PM
You got it, I can throw in an N here.

----n- (6)

Incorrect Guesses: L, R

mr_pikachu
18th August 2011, 04:02 PM
Hmm... as my last letter guess, how about a K?

Fett One
18th August 2011, 04:04 PM
Is this Kakuna?

Knight of Time
18th August 2011, 04:16 PM
There's no K here, and it's not Kakuna, sorry guys.

----n- (6)

Incorrect Guesses: L, R, K, Kakuna

Guesses Remaining: 4

Fett One
18th August 2011, 04:20 PM
Is there a C?

Knight of Time
18th August 2011, 04:28 PM
No C here, sorry.

----n- (6)

Incorrect Guesses: L, R, K, Kakuna, C

Guesses Remaining: 3

mr_pikachu
18th August 2011, 04:28 PM
Since I believe that there are only two options left, there shouldn't be any issue with guessing at Audino.

Knight of Time
18th August 2011, 04:31 PM
It's not Audino either.

----n-

Incorrect Guesses: L, R, K, Kakuna, C, Audino

Guesses Remaining: 1!

mr_pikachu
18th August 2011, 04:32 PM
I certainly hope this is Metang....

Knight of Time
18th August 2011, 04:34 PM
It is a Metang, Brian. I guess it's a good thing I'm not a worker, because then the man could have hung if Phione was guessed.

'hands over the Metang plushie'

R in advance please.

Fett One
18th August 2011, 04:38 PM
S in advance please.

mr_pikachu
18th August 2011, 09:38 PM
Whew! Thanks, Kyle. I was a little worried about that one... it's always nervewracking when you know that if you've made any mistake, you've killed the man. I'm glad it worked out!

Here's the next one.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ R (8)

Good luck!

Fett One
18th August 2011, 09:44 PM
How about an E?

mr_pikachu
18th August 2011, 09:54 PM
We're narrowing down the possibilities.

_ _ _ E _ _ _ R (8)

Fett One
18th August 2011, 11:39 PM
Is this Accelgor?

mr_pikachu
19th August 2011, 12:09 AM
Indeed it is! You win the Accelgor plushie, Fett! Nicely done.

Fett One
19th August 2011, 12:38 AM
Thanks.

------- (7)

Incorrect Guesses: 0

mr_pikachu
19th August 2011, 12:53 AM
Let's start this with the classic R.

Lady Vulpix
19th August 2011, 08:57 AM
I'll add the also classic N.

Knight of Time
19th August 2011, 01:13 PM
How about an S?

Shadow Wolf
19th August 2011, 03:29 PM
So umm, is the L classic too? (BTW, that's my guess)

Fett One
19th August 2011, 08:26 PM
SL----- (7)

Incorrect Guesses: N R

Guesses Remaining:7

Knight of Time
20th August 2011, 06:19 AM
Is this a Slakoth?

Fett One
20th August 2011, 01:58 PM
Yes it is. Congrats.

R in advance please.

Knight of Time
20th August 2011, 02:03 PM
Thanks Fett One.

Here's the next puzzle.

-------- (8)

Fett One
20th August 2011, 08:59 PM
How about an E?

Knight of Time
20th August 2011, 09:27 PM
Sorry, that letter has 0 results in this puzzle (that is, if you were to look in a search engine).

-------- (8)

Incorrect Guesses: R, E

Lady Vulpix
21st August 2011, 12:37 PM
You mean you can look up the results for your puzzle on a search engine?

And here I am asking for an L.

Knight of Time
21st August 2011, 02:01 PM
Not really Gabi, I was just trying to make a humourous post last time (that is, if someone put in something like "E in (this one's answer), they'd find no results for the answer).

No L here though, sorry.

-------- (8)

Incorrect Guesses: R, E, L

Lady Vulpix
21st August 2011, 02:03 PM
How about an O, then?

Knight of Time
21st August 2011, 02:17 PM
There is an O, just one that is.

---o---- (8)

Incorrect Guesses: R, E, L

Lady Vulpix
21st August 2011, 02:27 PM
One is enough. Is it Nidoking?

Knight of Time
21st August 2011, 02:30 PM
It is Nidoking, Gabi.

'hands you the plushie'

Can I possibly have an R in advance, please?

Lady Vulpix
21st August 2011, 02:36 PM
Can you? Let me see... You can!

_ _ _ _ _ R _ _ _ (9)

Knight of Time
21st August 2011, 02:38 PM
Hmm...is there an E?

Lady Vulpix
21st August 2011, 02:44 PM
No, there isn't.

_ _ _ _ _ R _ _ _ (9)
Wrong guesses: E

Knight of Time
21st August 2011, 02:47 PM
Hmm...I'm thinking an A will help here.

Lady Vulpix
21st August 2011, 03:26 PM
That should help.

_ _ _ _ A R _ _ A (9)
Wrong guesses: E

Fett One
21st August 2011, 08:39 PM
Is this Volcarona?

Lady Vulpix
21st August 2011, 08:50 PM
Yes, it is!

Fett One
22nd August 2011, 06:24 PM
Thanks.

--------- (9)

Incorrect Guesses:

Knight of Time
22nd August 2011, 06:30 PM
Let's try an R.

Fett One
22nd August 2011, 07:31 PM
--------- (9)

Knight of Time
22nd August 2011, 08:04 PM
One last guess for me tonight...E?

Fett One
22nd August 2011, 08:50 PM
----E---E (9)

Shadow Wolf
23rd August 2011, 07:52 AM
*flips coin*

Is this a Magnemite?

Lady Vulpix
23rd August 2011, 11:06 AM
*Picks the other side of the coin.* Is it Magnezone?

Fett One
23rd August 2011, 05:04 PM
Magnemite it is. Congrats Shadow Wolf.

R in advance please.

Knight of Time
24th August 2011, 06:09 PM
Congrats Louis, can I have an N in advance please?

Shadow Wolf
25th August 2011, 07:58 AM
Thanks Gabi!

OK, let's go:

_ _ _ _ _ _ R( 7 )

Incorrect: N

Lady Vulpix
25th August 2011, 07:59 AM
żGracias por qué?

żHay una S?

Knight of Time
25th August 2011, 08:03 AM
Let's see if there's a P here.

Shadow Wolf
25th August 2011, 08:05 AM
=^_^= I wonder... the thanks were for Fett.

S _ _ _ P _ R

Incorrect: N

Knight of Time
25th August 2011, 08:06 AM
That looks like a Seviper.

Shadow Wolf
25th August 2011, 08:07 AM
That's right Kyle! The Seviper is yours. Careful with its tail.

*gives plushie*

N in advance please!

Knight of Time
25th August 2011, 08:12 AM
Thanks Shadow Wolf, that's a new one in my collection...anyway, glad to see you back, you had me pretty worried.

Here's the next puzzle.

------- (7)

Lady Vulpix
25th August 2011, 08:13 AM
R?

Shadow Wolf
25th August 2011, 08:14 AM
Sorry about it. (A storm = no college = not able to log in)

How about an R?

EDIT: Gabi rolled over me, hahahahaha.

Knight of Time
25th August 2011, 10:26 AM
I can only accept one of your R's guys...literally, as this puzzle has only one R anyway.

----r-- (7)

Lady Vulpix
25th August 2011, 10:43 AM
How about an L, then?

I think Louis's R shouldn't count as a guess.

Shadow Wolf
25th August 2011, 10:46 AM
It didn't.

How about an S?

Knight of Time
25th August 2011, 10:58 AM
There's no L or S here, sorry guys. And don't worry Gabi, I didn't count the second R as an incorrect guess (unlike in Wheel of Fortune, where if a contestant accidentally guessed a letter for a particular puzzle that was already guessed on that puzzle (whether it is in the puzzle or not), they lose their turn).

----r-- (7)

Incorrect Guesses: N, L, S

Lady Vulpix
25th August 2011, 10:59 AM
Alright, then. Is it the mysterious Dugtrio?

Shadow Wolf
25th August 2011, 11:00 AM
Hmm, is this a Drowzee?

Knight of Time
25th August 2011, 11:01 AM
This one is a Dugtrio, congrats Gabi!

'hands you the plushie'

Could I please have an R in advance?

Lady Vulpix
25th August 2011, 11:04 AM
Plushies for trade: Lapras, Slaking, Nidoqueen, Charmander, Dugtrio.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (10)
Wrong guesses: R

Shadow Wolf
25th August 2011, 11:06 AM
How about an L?

Lady Vulpix
25th August 2011, 12:10 PM
How about 2?

L _ _ _ _ L _ _ _ _ (10)
Wrong guesses: R

And I'm off to the contest. Best wishes to me! ;)

Shadow Wolf
25th August 2011, 12:11 PM
Hope for your success! And I'll take the Lickilicky. Thanks. :)

Knight of Time
25th August 2011, 12:16 PM
I'll take an R in advance please.

Gabi, you want to make another trade? I was wondering if I could offer you one of my remaining doubles for your extra Dugtrio plushie?

Fett One
25th August 2011, 04:39 PM
S in advance please?

Lady Vulpix
26th August 2011, 01:38 PM
Louis, thanks and congratulations! The Lickilicky plushie is yours.

I still don't know how I did in the contest, but at least I didn't get sick this time!

Kyle: sure. What doubles do you have at this time?

And L in advance, since we're at it.

Knight of Time
26th August 2011, 02:00 PM
Gabi: Here's my current list of doubles.

Butterfree
Venusaur (triples since I have 3 of this one)
Spinda
Golem
Chikorita
Shelgon
Gothitelle

Lady Vulpix
27th August 2011, 11:30 AM
Alright, I'll take the Spinda plushie for my Dugtrio plushie if that's OK.

Shadow Wolf
28th August 2011, 07:08 AM
Thanks Gabi! I have to move my plushie collection from my SD card to this computer (which is now my personal desktop; now with a new RAM, woo-hoo), but I'm sure this one's a new plushie.

In the meantime, let's see who wins this one:

_ _ _ _ L _ S _ _ _( 10 )

Lady Vulpix
28th August 2011, 09:39 AM
If it's Typhlosion, then I do. :)

Shadow Wolf
28th August 2011, 10:13 AM
She said Yes!!!

...On winning a plushie, that is. Congrats Gabi, the Typhlosion is yours.

*gives plushie*

N in advance please.

Fett One
28th August 2011, 12:34 PM
R in advance please.

Lady Vulpix
28th August 2011, 01:29 PM
Yay! :157:

_ _ _ _ _ _ (6)
Wrong guesses: N, R

mr_pikachu
28th August 2011, 02:58 PM
I'll toss in an L.

Lady Vulpix
28th August 2011, 03:31 PM
L _ _ _ _ _ (6)
Wrong guesses: N, R

Knight of Time
28th August 2011, 04:10 PM
The trade is fine with me, Gabi.

'gives you my extra Spinda plushie for your extra Dugtrio plushie'

Is there an S?

Lady Vulpix
28th August 2011, 04:38 PM
Thanks, Kyle. And no, there isn't.

L _ _ _ _ _ (6)
Wrong guesses: N, R, S

Fett One
How about an E?

Lady Vulpix
L E _ _ _ _ (6)
Wrong guesses: N, R, S

Knight of Time
28th August 2011, 04:39 PM
Looks like Ledyba.

Fett One
28th August 2011, 04:40 PM
S in advance please?

Lady Vulpix
28th August 2011, 04:53 PM
Kyle got it.

Knight of Time
28th August 2011, 04:57 PM
Thanks Gabi, that's a new one.

Here's the next puzzle.

------- (7)

Lady Vulpix
28th August 2011, 05:01 PM
Let's have some T.

Knight of Time
28th August 2011, 05:06 PM
I can serve you a T...but it has to go to the puzzle first.

---t--- (7)

Lady Vulpix
28th August 2011, 05:29 PM
Thanks. Now how about an L?

Knight of Time
28th August 2011, 05:32 PM
One leaping L, coming up.

--lt--- (7)

Lady Vulpix
28th August 2011, 05:43 PM
Umm... 3 options. Does it leap like a Jolteon?

Knight of Time
28th August 2011, 05:44 PM
I don't remember seeing a Jolteon leap, but this isn't a Jolteon.

--lt--- (7)

Incorrect Guesses: S, Jolteon

Lady Vulpix
28th August 2011, 05:46 PM
Oh, I think I have. In the intro to some early season of the anime, maybe? Anyway, Voltorb may not be good for leaping, but it's my next guess.

Knight of Time
28th August 2011, 06:22 PM
Oh, well this one's a Voltorb.

'hands you the plushie'

I guess that T must have been pretty spicy (hence how Voltorb can explode), but nonetheless, I think I'll take a T myself, in advance please.

Lady Vulpix
28th August 2011, 07:10 PM
_ _ _ _ _ T (6)

Knight of Time
28th August 2011, 07:15 PM
Let's try a U.

Fett One
28th August 2011, 07:37 PM
How about a K?

Lady Vulpix
28th August 2011, 07:38 PM
_ _ _ _ _ T (6)
Wrong guesses: U, K

Fett One
28th August 2011, 08:45 PM
Is there an E?

Lady Vulpix
28th August 2011, 09:17 PM
Sorry, no E either.

_ _ _ _ _ T (6)
Wrong guesses: U, K, E

Shadow Wolf
29th August 2011, 07:40 AM
I think an L will help here.

Knight of Time
29th August 2011, 07:41 AM
Is this a Golbat?

Lady Vulpix
29th August 2011, 08:06 AM
_ _ _ _ _ T (6)
Wrong guesses: U, K, E, L, Golbat
Guesses left: 3

Shadow Wolf
29th August 2011, 08:07 AM
Hmm, is this a Crobat?

Knight of Time
29th August 2011, 08:07 AM
Might as well try Woobat.

Lady Vulpix
29th August 2011, 08:08 AM
And the winner is... Louis!

Congratulations!

Knight of Time
29th August 2011, 08:09 AM
It's okay, this is one I already have...R in advance please.

Shadow Wolf
29th August 2011, 08:32 AM
Thanks Gabi! I thought I had one, but it seems this one's a new one, so... it's well received into the collection.

OK, here goes:

_ _ _ _( 4 )

Knight of Time
29th August 2011, 08:35 AM
Oh, a 4 letter one...let's see if there's an O.

Shadow Wolf
29th August 2011, 08:37 AM
Hmm... nope, sorry.

_ _ _ _( 4 )

Incorrect: R,O

Remaining: 7

Knight of Time
29th August 2011, 08:41 AM
Might as well try an E for my last letter guess here.

Shadow Wolf
29th August 2011, 08:45 AM
Hmm... an E made its way.

but not to the puzzle...

_ _ _ _( 4 )

Incorrect: R,O,E

Remaining: 6

Knight of Time
29th August 2011, 08:48 AM
Hmm, well let's see if one of the remaining possibilities here is Natu.

Shadow Wolf
29th August 2011, 08:53 AM
Hmm, a tiny bird passed by here...

...and it landed in your hands. Well done Kyle! The Natu is yours.

*gives plushie*

N in advance please.

Knight of Time
29th August 2011, 08:55 AM
Whew, thanks Louis, that's another new one for me.

Here's the next puzzle.

-----n--- (9)

Shadow Wolf
29th August 2011, 09:00 AM
Cool, how about an R?

Knight of Time
29th August 2011, 09:05 AM
The R split...in two that is, there are two R's here.

-r---n--r (9)

Shadow Wolf
29th August 2011, 09:07 AM
One, Two, Punch!

Is this a Dragonair?

Knight of Time
29th August 2011, 09:11 AM
This is a Dragonair indeed, Louis.

'hands the plushie to you'

R in advance again please.

Shadow Wolf
29th August 2011, 10:03 AM
Thanks Kyle! Another new plushie, sweet!

OK, new puzzle:

_ _ _ _ _ R _ _( 8 )

Incorrect: none

Remaining: 9

Knight of Time
29th August 2011, 10:14 AM
Let's see if there's a U here.

Shadow Wolf
29th August 2011, 10:40 AM
Yeah, I'm here....

...ok, ok, there is a U.

_ U _ _ _ R _ _( 8 )

Incorrect: none

Remaining: 9

Knight of Time
29th August 2011, 10:45 AM
Musharna I believe?

Shadow Wolf
29th August 2011, 10:49 AM
Believe in yourself!

This is what you've just proven, and your reward is well-deserved.

*gives the Musharna plushie*

Congrats Kyle! N in advance please.

Knight of Time
29th August 2011, 10:52 AM
Thanks Louis.

Here's the next puzzle.

--------- (9)

Shadow Wolf
29th August 2011, 10:54 AM
Another niney

How about an R?

Knight of Time
29th August 2011, 10:58 AM
There is an R...but if I was to put it into this puzzle, it'd be thrown out...somehow.

--------- (9)

Shadow Wolf
29th August 2011, 12:02 PM
Indeed! Then let's see if a T manages to find a place here.

Lady Vulpix
29th August 2011, 04:11 PM
I'll try an L just because I'm back home.

Knight of Time
29th August 2011, 04:46 PM
There is a T here, but no L, sorry.

--------t (9)

Incorrect Guesses: N, R, L

Lady Vulpix
29th August 2011, 04:50 PM
It's OK, now I know it has to be Wobbuffet.

Knight of Time
29th August 2011, 05:19 PM
It is Wobbuffet Gabi.

'hands the plushie to you'

Can I have the usual R in advance, please?

Lady Vulpix
29th August 2011, 05:58 PM
I already had one of those, so it's up for trade!

_ _ _ R _ _ _ (7)

Fett One
29th August 2011, 06:23 PM
H please.

Knight of Time
29th August 2011, 06:36 PM
How about a C?

Lady Vulpix
29th August 2011, 07:02 PM
_ _ _ R _ _ H (7)
Wrong guesses: C