PDA

View Full Version : GTA coming to Box and Cube in 2004

Razola
29th April 2003, 12:04 AM
Hot off the Presses (http://cube.ign.com/articles/399/399944p1.html)

I guess Rockstar is pulling a Capcom and going back tro business with everyone after their deal with Sony expires.

ILikePokemonP
29th April 2003, 01:38 AM
That's nice and all, but isn't 2004 a bit late?

Razola
29th April 2003, 04:26 AM
Yes, but one would hope that Rockstar takes advantage of the Gamecube, and especially X-Box, to create a more visually impressive version of the GTA III and Vice City.

The Gamecube also offers link possibilities with the GBA version, and X-Box live could offer a fun online experience or downloadble extras.

This also means that new GTA games will be due out for all systems, which is the most important thing of all.

Kokomo
29th April 2003, 08:29 PM
Even if GTA comes to cube, I won't get it. I've grown sick of that game and there are many other games I rather play.

Vundi
30th April 2003, 01:31 AM
Since I own both games on the PS2 the only thing that could make me buy the Xbox versions would be the custom soundtrack feature.

Razola
30th April 2003, 01:51 AM
Now why would anyone want to replace the sweet sounds of Vice City?

PNT510
30th April 2003, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Raz
Now why would anyone want to replace the sweet sounds of Vice City?

Because they might want more sweet sounds.

The Muffin Man
30th April 2003, 02:30 PM
Or they've listened to the 80s rock station enough and want to listen to some 90s/2000 rock...

SageofLaughter
30th April 2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Kokomo
Even if GTA comes to cube, I won't get it. I've grown sick of that game and there are many other games I rather play.

Some might argue that they're porting the games for the people who dont own it yet, not the people who already do.

I cant imagine these games working with the Gamecube controller o_O

I just hope they improve the framerate for Vice City in the GC/Xbox versions =/

Kokomo
30th April 2003, 03:54 PM
Lol, I don't even have the game.

SageofLaughter
30th April 2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Kokomo
Lol, I don't even have the game.

Stop proving me wrong XD XD XD

Vundi
2nd May 2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by PNT510
Because they might want more sweet sounds.

Indeed. I can only take the same songs over and over for so long.

Razola
2nd May 2003, 01:32 AM
I consider the 80s music very much part of the game's flavor. To me removing the music would be like replacing the man character with Yoshi. It would hurt the game's environment and flavor (like the 80-ish pastel colors of you life and weapons).

Vundi
6th May 2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Raz
I consider the 80s music very much part of the game's flavor. To me removing the music would be like replacing the man character with Yoshi. It would hurt the game's environment and flavor (like the 80-ish pastel colors of you life and weapons).

That's why it should remain an option. Personally, it wouldn't bug me that much so I wouldn't hesitate to use my own soundtrack but that doesn't mean everyone else should. It would just be nice to have that option.

Besides, you could always add your own 80's music.

RJdude
6th May 2003, 03:58 PM
It's about time.