PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] How do you check IV's for gender?

MaxXD001
1st September 2011, 04:26 PM
I'm trying to check the IV's of the Pokemon for male and female and then upon putting them into Pokemon Stadium 2, for Yellow I find out Pidgey is male and Rattata is female. If it helps, Pidgey has an attack of 13 and Rattata has an attack of 9. Pidgey is at level 7 and Rattata is at level 4 and they were freshly caught. I want to have the Pokemon knowing they're definitely male and you can't check until you save and put it in the Transfer Pack so who can give me the knowledge to check immediately upon capture so if it fails, I can capture it again?

EDIT: Based on this information here, "A Pokémon's gender was determined based solely on its Attack IV when compared to a specific value native to each Pokémon species. If the Attack IV was less than the gender code associated with the Pokémon's species, it would be female, whereas in all other instances, the Pokémon would be male. For species of only one gender, or those with no gender, the calculation based on the Attack IV is ignored.

Due to this calculation, it is impossible to obtain a female Pokémon with high Attack, unless the Pokémon is a member of an all-female species like Jynx or Chansey. Starter Pokémon and others with a gender ratio of seven males to one female suffer the most, with the maximum Attack IV for a female Pokémon of those species being 1. " can anyone tell me what a gender code is?

Poryhedron
1st September 2011, 08:29 PM
The 'gender code' referred to in the article is simply the value of the Attack IV that separates females from males. Since IVs had values of 0 through 15 in that generation, you can figure out the 'gender code' for a species if you know the species' gender ratio.

For example, most species of pokémon are half male and half female. A member of such a species would be female if its Attack IV were 7 or less, and male if its Attack IV were 8 or more. Starter pokémon are only 1/8 female, so they are male if their Attack IV is at least 2...whereas Clefairy are 3/4 female, so they would have to have an Attack IV of at least 12 to be male.

MaxXD001
2nd September 2011, 11:19 AM
Actually, I found something already to solve the problem and I'm typing them all into my iPod as the highest level they appear in each game. I'm now on Krabby and will move onto other Pokemon soon. I started it a few hours ago and will select Best Answer when this is complete.

By the way, I'm in a 3rd gen game and I need help defeating the Orre Colosseum. Could anyone help with that? I think Navu's Sharpedo in the 3rd round is holding Brightpowder because Meganium's Solarbeam missed. Same with Lovrina's Meganium at the end of the first round.