PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo releases second 3DS nub

Roy Karrde
8th September 2011, 07:41 PM
The device, which is technically being called a "Expansion Slide Pad" in Japan according to Andriasang, clips onto the entire system, like a cradle, adding a second circle pad to the right of the 3DS. The cradle will then add a centimeter or two of thickness in all directions. It's unknown if the "expansion" will offer any other features. Famitsu's story lists the release date and price as "TBA."

What's most interesting is the report and photos of the device are being run alongside the announcement of Monster Hunter 3G. It's still unknown if the expansion is meant mostly for 3G, or even if it was developed entirely with 3G in mind. All questions for the future, perhaps.

Nintendo is set to hold a press conference early next week - perhaps the device will make its formal debut there?

http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/119/1192682/nintendo-adding-second-circle-pad-to-3ds-20110906085635045-001.jpg

Interesting, but I think I speak for all 3DS early adopters by saying.

PpX0DqlEdrM

Blademaster
9th September 2011, 07:48 PM
...How does this thing work? It doesn't even look like anything connects it to the 3DS...

Is it like that old U-Force gadget for the NES that has no wires or plugs connecting anything and instead it runs solely off of the concentrated souls of dead children Nintendo magic?

Roy Karrde
9th September 2011, 09:16 PM
I am going to guess it uses the two doohickies ( Official Name ) in the back that you use to charge with the base.