PDA

View Full Version : Rugby World Cup 2011

Heald
9th September 2011, 04:28 AM
Kia Ora!

Well, it's finally kicked off.

Anyone else here a fan of the best sport in the world?

I know there are plenty of Aussies here, plus the Canadians and Yanks are in it this year.

And it looks like we've started off with New Zealand giving Tonga the rather expected thrashing.

Anyway, anyone supporting anyone? Any predictions on who will make the knock-out or the final or who will win?

Drago
9th September 2011, 05:43 AM
This is one of the rare times that I have two nations competing in Australia and Canada. Usually, it's either one or the other, due to their inability at succeeding in cold weather/warm weather sports respectively.

Of course, Canada won't get past the pool stage this year (what a horrible draw!), but my Wallabies have a chance to take it all.

firepokemon
9th September 2011, 06:08 AM
Considering New Zealand hasn't been in a final since 1995. Call me when we're there. Because its fucking stupid being number one never every bloody year and then doing dismally at the World Cup.

woz
9th September 2011, 09:02 AM
if new zealand don't win this they should retire from rugby.

england will probably reach the quarter-finals or semi-finals, the team isn't that good anymore.

Ryoto
9th September 2011, 10:01 AM
I only tend to watch rugby to check out the guys..

But I think that New Zealand should do better than they have all the other years.

Telume
10th September 2011, 05:22 PM
Eh, even if they don't do that well, I always support the Eagles. Gotta support your team no matter what, you know?

As for who's gonna win... I'd say South Africa are right up there among the favorites eh?

Leon-IH
11th September 2011, 01:01 PM
New Zealand will either

A) Get buoyed to victory by being at home.
B) Fall at the semi finals like usual.

Put me in the odd category of "Australian supporting Wales" even if the Welsh squad depth is often a problem for them.

firepokemon
17th September 2011, 05:54 AM
Wheeeee Ireland beat Australia. Look to be facing South Africa in quarters. One of the two time champions look set to be out by the quarters. I'm not convinced about any of New Zealand's performances so far. The media seem to be saying we thrashed Japan. But it was under 100 points.

Leon-IH
17th September 2011, 11:33 AM
Wheeeee Ireland beat Australia. Look to be facing South Africa in quarters. One of the two time champions look set to be out by the quarters. I'm not convinced about any of New Zealand's performances so far. The media seem to be saying we thrashed Japan. But it was under 100 points.

Good result for Australia really, Wales are probably the tougher team than South Africa (but for the referee's shitty eyesight..) and the Australian side know they can beat South Africa having done so in the tri nations.