PDA

View Full Version : Engaged!!

Mystic_clown
21st September 2011, 10:23 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, I have an announcement!

For those of you who know me, you will know I've been in a relationship with Asilynne for over a year now, and for the past year have been living with her in America. That's right, I travelled across the globe to live with the woman I love.

And now a year is going to be a lifetime, for tonight, I asked her to be my wife.

And she said yes.

To say I'm happy about this is the understatement of the century.

shazza
21st September 2011, 10:25 PM
Congratulations. All the best. :)

Drusilla
21st September 2011, 10:26 PM
Congratulations, I am so happy for you two!

Asilynne
21st September 2011, 10:26 PM
He proposed in front of all our friends at a gathering at our favorite sushi restaurant with a very sweet and touching speech :) Pics coming when all our friends decide to post them on facebook lol

Kuro Espeon
21st September 2011, 10:27 PM
Damn you beat me to it, I made a thread too...XDD

BUT YAY! You guys already heard my congrats a million times over, but I can say it again and again. CONGRATULATIONS!! <3

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/314764_10100234561823099_7805775_50726239_11882176 23_n.jpg

Magmar
21st September 2011, 11:06 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! :) I wish you all the best!

whoooo wants to marry me? i'm 25 and still single! ;]

Mikachu Yukitatsu
22nd September 2011, 12:03 AM
CONGRATULATIONS both of you!

shazza
22nd September 2011, 12:45 AM
Did you two know each other prior to dating? Your join dates are merely 11 days apart.

Ayeun
22nd September 2011, 01:03 AM
Congratulations... And MC, I want your hat!

Greyfox
22nd September 2011, 02:55 AM
Congratulations.

I'd marry you right now if I believed in marriage.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
22nd September 2011, 02:57 AM
Congrats, this really is a great moment. Hope you have a good life together.

Shadow Wolf
22nd September 2011, 09:16 AM
Alright!

Well, I'm short on words, but I'm definitely glad to hear this.

BTW, can someone answer me this question: How many couples have married so far in TPM (I remember one, but I know of a few couples here at TPM)?

Lady Vulpix
22nd September 2011, 09:26 AM
Wow, another TPM wedding! Congratulations to both of you!

Crystal Mew
22nd September 2011, 10:07 AM
Alright!

Well, I'm short on words, but I'm definitely glad to hear this.

BTW, can someone answer me this question: How many couples have married so far in TPM (I remember one, but I know of a few couples here at TPM)?

Soo and Ade.

CONGRATS YOU GUYS!! :) I already said it on fb, but I'll say it here too :P

ChobiChibi
22nd September 2011, 10:38 AM

I thought you'd never ask :O

CONGRATS BEN AND BRANDY :D I want a real invite this time, not some fake promises like Bear gave me >_>

I'll get a dress. And a hat. I want to be one of those women who wears a hat to a wedding. And it'll be a big hat. And fancy. So big and fancy it'll need a hatbox!

Bear
22nd September 2011, 11:50 AM

I'm down. I'm sure my wife wouldn't mind sharing

ChobiChibi
22nd September 2011, 12:10 PM
Eh, no Bear. I got there first. But we'd be living in denial, since I know that he couldn't truly love me back ;o; It would be worth it, though. I'll keep telling myself that.

classy_cat18
22nd September 2011, 12:35 PM
*sniffles* So beautiful...

*clings to Chobi and sobs* ALWAYS A BRIDESMAID! NEVER A BRIDE!

DarkestLight
22nd September 2011, 12:38 PM
That was publically private :/ ::Points to Chibi::

Congrats for solidifying your future, Ben. Rare does one have the courage to find love online and make it last. (Match.com/eharmony is a scrotum of LIES!)

Well then, you finally stuck it out there. Not surprised. Asi told me that you'd had better hurry up and ask her or she was deporting you.

lol Tell me when's the wedding. I'll go as long as its not in MAN ASS...as :/ (lmao)

Bear
22nd September 2011, 02:28 PM
scrotum of lies is quite possibly the greatest phrase I've ever heard concockted

Asilynne
22nd September 2011, 06:58 PM
OMG you all are so awesome XDDD Thank you so much, and yes, even though it wil be a rather small-ish wedding +/- 50 people, some TPMers are definately invited :) Bex, It will be a steampunk wedding so you'd fit right in :) also LOL @ James and Will <3

As for setting a date we have some idea of when but we aren't sure atm because we need to get Ben's visa paperwork settled, which takes a while. I will keep you guys updated~

As for if we knew each other before joining tpm, no XD He grew up in Australia and I grew up here in VA. I don't know what brought him to TPM but Kuro Espeon knew me in HS and told me about RPG so I joined for that :) We really didn't ever talk to each other til 06 and we didn't become good friends until 09. Life just works in crazy ways sometimes...I'm so glad that I was able to meet such an amazing man ^-^

Asilynne
23rd September 2011, 08:22 PM
Sorry for the double post, but here's another pic in front of our favorite restaurant where he proposed :) One of my friends actually filmed the proposal so I'll try to get that put up as well ^v^ It was so sweet, and I'm still kinda in shock lol

Mikachu Yukitatsu
24th September 2011, 08:46 AM
Kinda jealous to Mystic_clown.

Well, if I find a special someone who lives in Antarctica, I'll gladly go to the other side of the world for her!

crown34
24th September 2011, 09:34 AM
Congrats and enjoy the married life.

Shadow Wolf
24th September 2011, 10:23 AM
Kinda jealous to Mystic_clown.

Well, if I find a special someone who lives in Antarctica, I'll gladly go to the other side of the world for her!

Well, there's no one as special as Asi, but if her happiness is with Ben (which I'm 100% positive that he's an awesome guy and will take care of her), then we should all be happy. :)

DarkestLight
24th September 2011, 11:05 AM
scrotum of lies is quite possibly the greatest phrase I've ever heard concockted

lol @ concockted. Phrase is free to use, Bear.

Oh..uhh..Steampunk wedding? Does that mean moshpit cake?

Ryoto
24th September 2011, 12:46 PM
Congratulations! I wish you prosperity and happiness for your future!

I wish I could get married.. But I'm only 16. D:

Blademaster
24th September 2011, 04:02 PM
Take care of each other.

Telume
24th September 2011, 07:26 PM
Congrats to both of you!

Mystic_clown
24th September 2011, 07:44 PM
Thank you everyone. It's heart warming to see such support from all of you. Indeed Brandy's answer to my proposal has made me the happiest man alive. And even though I'm back in Australia (and missing her terribly mind you) I will do everything I can to ensure I'm back home with my love as soon as possible, and then give her the wedding she's always wanted.

And then give her the life a wonderful woman like that deserves.

Asilynne
24th September 2011, 07:54 PM
Thank you everyone. It's heart warming to see such support from all of you. Indeed Brandy's answer to my proposal has made me the happiest man alive. And even though I'm back in Australia (and missing her terribly mind you) I will do everything I can to ensure I'm back home with my love as soon as possible, and then give her the wedding she's always wanted.

And then give her the life a wonderful woman like that deserves.

:) It's your day too <3 I won't let you give and never receive ;D <33333 I miss you too and I'll make sure you have a great life and help you make all your dreams come true :)

Magmar
24th September 2011, 11:25 PM
--a steampunk wedding, you say? Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see what kind of cake ideas you can come up with! I mean with steampunk, the options for cake innovation are pretty much endless :)

and aww this thread just got super cute :) It's cool to see these things happen, it gives this place more significance in all our lives. Who knows who you'll meet or who we've even already met!

DarkestLight
25th September 2011, 05:59 PM
o.O Wait, why are you back in Australia?

Smuggle me some Vegemite!

Becky
25th September 2011, 08:34 PM
Congratulations to you both! I want to hear more details on the proposal...and Asi, if you need any bridal magazines, send me a PM with your address-- I have a lot I could send
you! :)

Asilynne
25th September 2011, 09:29 PM
Yeah the steampunk cakes are awesome!!! :) We're going to have a decorated steampunk mini cake for us to cut and then a sheet cake for everyone because I'm not filthy rich XD

That would be awesome Becky :) I do need some of those ;D!!!!!

Mystic_clown
25th September 2011, 10:12 PM
o.O Wait, why are you back in Australia?

Smuggle me some Vegemite!

Well, basically, I had to go back to Australia because my visa expired, and we couldn't afford to get married before it did. We're working on getting me a fiance visa so I can return, and we will be married then.

Katie
27th September 2011, 09:17 PM
Congrats you two!

Whatever happened to Soo and Ade? Do we have our first TPM baby by now or what?

mr_pikachu
30th September 2011, 09:00 PM
Oh my gosh, congratulations! Sorry for the late response, but I'm so happy for the both of you... that's fantastic! :)

At some point in the near future, I think we'll want a fuller story of the whole engagement saga. It sounds like some serious planning went into this if it was a large gathering, so being a romantic, I want to hear every warm and fuzzy detail.

Asilynne
2nd October 2011, 06:09 PM
Hehehe :) Well we've been living together for a year now, and we'd talked about the possibility, and at first (like months ago) I was a little scared to take that big step because my parents got divorced when I was in High school and I really didn't want that to ever happen to me, and I had a bad experience with someone else. But just living with him every day, being with him, the more we got to know each other the more I loved him, and he is just such a great man. He's thoughtful and caring and he supports me in everything I do, and I do the same for him, we just encourage each other and bring out the best in each other.
It sounds weird but the first time I met him when I went to Australia, I saw him from the escalator when I was at the airport first arriving and part of me just knew...it took my mind a while to catch up with my heart because I wanted to know if we could live together well, but I didn't need to worry :)

Everyday I love him more, we complement each other and I never felt such a strong, happy, bonding feeling before... I always heard that when you meet the One you'll just know, and now I understand what that means.

He had to go back to Australia temporarily so we were having a "See you soon" party with all of our friends at our favorite restaurant, and he stood up and said how it had been the best year of his life and that he was going to miss everyone, and then he turned to me and told me that I was the best thing that ever happened to him and that being with me this past year was the happiest he's ever been, and along with other sweet things :) and then he pulled out the ring and the rest is history ^v^

I could go on and on about how much I love him but yeah hehe ;D

Mystic_clown
2nd October 2011, 06:22 PM
Ah, I can still remember that evening clear as a bell. Even when I heard that we were having a "See you Soon" party, I knew that was when I was going to propose. It was just the perfect time.

We were having dinner at our favourite Japanese restaurant, all our friends were there, we were having a great time. When I made sure everyone was there, that's when I stood up.

I thanked all our friends for turning up, that it was so heartwarming to see them all here. Then I turned to Brandy, telling everyone that she was the best thing to happen to me. My life would nowhere near be as awesome as it is, nor would I be as good a person, if it wasn't for her. Even though we were going to be apart for a bit, I looked forward to when we'll be together again. And when that time comes, I wanted it to be forever.

Then I got on one knee, and everyone went nuts.

mr_pikachu
2nd October 2011, 06:31 PM
...I'm actually tearing up a bit right now. That's one of the cutest, most beautiful things I've ever heard.

Blademaster
3rd October 2011, 06:57 PM
Vids plx.

abunaidesu
4th October 2011, 12:02 AM
Congrats on the engagement!! Here's to a good future :)