PDA

View Full Version : What personalities are best for my future team?

andyizcool
29th April 2003, 09:54 AM
Kyogre - Surf/Ice Beam/Thunder/Calm Mind

Gardevoir - Thunder Bolt/Psychic/Calm Mind/Reflect

Blaziken - Flamethrower/Sky Uppercut/Slash/Mirror Move

Raichu - Thunder Bolt/Thunder Wave/Light Screen/Double Team

Skarmory - Drill Peck/Spikes/Roar/Toxic

Slaking - Hyper Beam/Counter/Swagger/Amnesia

What are the best personalities for these and are there movesets good or should I change?

~Andrew

Gligar_Man
29th April 2003, 10:14 AM
get rid of legendaries... -_-

tofu
29th April 2003, 10:24 AM
Kyogre - modest, quiet, calm
Gardevoir - bold, modest, quiet, rash
Blaziken - brave, quiet or one of the ones that don't raise anything differently
Raichu - bold, modest
Skarmory - adement, lonely, gentle
Slaking - adement, lonely, brave, naughty

if you wanna see the whole list click here (http://user.yagb.de/meowth346/index.php?data=training/stats_personality.php)

Seta
29th April 2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Gligar_Man
get rid of legendaries... -_-

Gligar...he didnt ask you what he should get rid of....if someone wants to use legendaries then let them...godamn.

[McGraw]
29th April 2003, 10:41 AM
Kyogre - timid (with calm mind), otherwise modest
Gardevoir - modest, timid, bold
Blaziken - adamant (forget it's SA - a STABed fire blast will be fine, even with 0 EVs and personality drop)
Raichu - modest, timid
Skarmory - impish, adamant, careful
Slaking - adamant, jolly

The first personality in each case is the best option IMO. In general, the optimum personalities boost the highest base stat - this gives a greater advantage (i.e. 10% of Blaziken's 339 attack is more than 10% of of it's 239 defense). Therefore, you don't have to commit as many EVs to that stat, but rather concentrate on the others.

It is never a good idea to have a personality which reduces speed, because in serious battling, speed is possibly the most important stat - unless of course, the speed of your pokemon is negligible a la Torkoal, Steelix etc.

EDIT: if you want to keep mirror move on Blaziken, then a neutral personality (bashful, serious etc.) would be best.