PDA

View Full Version : Facebook!

DarkestLight
30th September 2011, 01:56 PM
Hey.

Now, as some of you may know, I'm a social media whore when it comes to Facebook. Yeah, it went through its up and downs, but right now, I'm advocating for this current feature. You can access it now, or wait til 10/7 when its rolled out world-wide.

This timeline feature is effing amazing, and I have been playing with it for the last 4 hours. When was the last time you spent 4 hours on Facebook since you first joined (if you were really even into it?). Unfortunately, It can't tell me when I first joined (yet..) or my first post, because I used to delete my walls regularly...but I'm sure they can scrounge that shit up.

I'm currently rooting for this, and well I'm just wondering if anyone else here has had a chance to check it out for themselves. It also resolves alot of the privacy issues people had, previously. :D

Lady Vulpix
30th September 2011, 02:37 PM
I spend 4+ hours on Facebook everyday, but only because I log in, then ignore it and do my work and TPM stuff (not necessarily in that order) and only take a look at it every now and then when I'm not doing something else.

DarkestLight
30th September 2011, 03:26 PM
That's what I mean. I'm talking 4+ hours actually ON Facebook, working, tweaking, filing, sorting, fixing, posting, cleaning, picturemapping, reminiscing....all of it :D

Magmar
30th September 2011, 09:17 PM
I spend about 10 minutes a day on facebook, I'd say, including all the occasional open tab-no notifications-close tabs that happen in that half hour or so a day that I spend online not doing homework.

Becky
30th September 2011, 09:21 PM
I'm with Magmar, I'm on a few minutes here and there. The new stuff coming out looks cool, though. :)

shazza
30th September 2011, 10:53 PM
What? I got it roughly last week, and while it has an initial novelty, there really serves no purpose but nostalgia. How'd you spend an entire 4 hours on that specific feature? I waste too much time as is, but the latest roll out of updates have, if anything, deterred me. The layout is a clusterfuck, resembling MySpace. The feature is, though, the one thing that Google+ cannot offer.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
1st October 2011, 05:48 AM
I spend 4+ hours on Facebook everyday, but only because I log in, then ignore it and do my work and TPM stuff (not necessarily in that order) and only take a look at it every now and then when I'm not doing something else.

I do the same thing!

As for the recent turns of events, I have heard some 'quarreling' about the Facebook's new features. If you can delete all the embarrassing stuff from your wall it doesn't sound too problematic to me. It's just that some people are now horrified by the revelations the timeline system brings but luckily I'm not so picky about my own privacy. As you know.

Crystal Mew
2nd October 2011, 08:06 PM
I for one, cannot WAIT until this comes out and watch my wall flood with everyone bitching about it for days on end

oh wait..

Mikachu Yukitatsu
3rd October 2011, 08:37 AM
Um, am I right in saying that with the new settings Facebook offers, your privacy will actually be 'safer' than before? Safer than it was on Facebook before, or? I mean if you just take your time and adjust the settings, which demands some energy because it's difficult to keep up with the system.

I may be both correct and incorrect, but what do you think?

On a related note, I just heard it from the radio today, again, the concept of privacy is changing among people. I feel like a pioneer, I did write my autobiography on TPM in late 2008. No, perhaps I'm not a pioneer, I'm just stupid. I don't get why I should have changed the place names. I mean, you can go to Haapavesi and ask about those beautiful girls I liked from the school teachers or contact them via E-mail, but what the heck?