PDA

View Full Version : I just got burgled.

ChobiChibi
5th October 2011, 11:33 PM
About 10-15 minutes ago. Smashed in the front door (which has a bar and bolts on it) and stole the till. They hadn't taken out the float last night, so they have it. But luckily didnt spot the cash box with the rest of the money. This guy is on foot! And thanks to the alarm, he did not try and get into the rest of the house.

For those who do not know, I live in a pub/b&b. One of the guys who stays regularly saw him run away. The police are here now.

I feel violated. Get no trouble from riots and then some prick breaks in. I have to be up for work in 2 hours, I can't see myself sleeping.

Sorry... Needed somewhere to vent. Don't wanna phone the bf and wake him up when he has such a busy day D:

shazza
5th October 2011, 11:36 PM
Clearly it was an Apple enthusiast who was in desperate need to wet their whistle to drown their recent pain away. :(

Master Rudy
5th October 2011, 11:49 PM
I'm sure there has never been a more perfect time for your avatar CC.

That being said glad you're ok and no one was hurt. Son of a bitch should be lucky I wasn't in your place. I've got about three or four rifles and several pistols sitting about 20 feet away from me. If anyone ever breaks into this house and gets caught by me or my dad then they aren't walking away under their own power.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
5th October 2011, 11:56 PM
That sucks. But I feel privileged to hear this before your boyfriend.

Also, I hope you'll get some sleep next night.

Knight of Time
6th October 2011, 07:12 AM
Sorry to hear about the theft, ChobiChibi, I hope the police are able to catch the thief and get back the till, the sooner they catch him and retrieve all the stolen money (or as much of it as possible; I worry a bit when I hear of cash thefts, that sometimes not all of the stolen money is found and returned to its rightful owner), the better.

Telume
6th October 2011, 09:34 AM
Great to hear you're alright and no one was hurt. A robbery's a robbery, hope they catch the bastard.

Magmar
6th October 2011, 09:59 AM
Next time that happens transform into Sailor ChobiChibi and punish the padfoot in the name of the moon!

Blademaster
6th October 2011, 02:19 PM
Sorry to hear it, but... What's a till?

Jeff
6th October 2011, 02:34 PM
Yeah, "till", "float". I'm lost.

I'm guessing till is what we call a cash register.

ChobiChibi
6th October 2011, 02:52 PM
Yes, a till is the cash register. The float is what you put into the cash register at the beginning of the day, so you have change for customers.

But yeah, they basically have all the money of yesterday's takings D:

A bit of a happier note... A gentleman saw the dickhead run away this morning, and has a pretty good description of him and is giving it to the police :) Thank you random stranger.

Also, my dog makes the best guard dog ever. He sat outside my brother's room (the furthest from the break-in point) and woofed. But only woofed when mum was shouting for people to come help her. Good dog XP

Heald
6th October 2011, 03:04 PM
It sucks to be burgled. Residences I've been staying in have been burgled twice. I was out both times but nothing of mine was ever taken (the first time they stole one of my housemate's jewellery and gadgets, another time they stole a different housemate's laptop), but it still feels shit to know that some fucker was going around the house going through your possessions and stuff. Hope they catch him.

crown34
6th October 2011, 03:54 PM
Sucks that you got burgled...

ChobiChibi
6th October 2011, 03:55 PM
I've been robbed 3 times in the last 3 years. It's someone else's turn now >_>

Once they broke into the previous pub that we lived in, were after booze cos it was like 11am and they were still drunk from the night before. Got nothing, my dad went down with a baseball bat.

Second was at uni, when I lived in Bognor. Smashed the back doors in (lol, love that phrase). Took a lot of my stuff, and two of the other housemates (it was a house of 7). It was Christmas, none of us were back until after New Years. It was all gadgets (my TV, PS2 and camera went, for example. They kindly left my memory cards though lol) but it was obviously well organised. They got 3 TV's, a few games consoles, a whole stereo system... They HAD to have a car. And it had to be more than one person.

What irritated me more, was one of the guys whose room was unaffected cos he had a lock on his door came down to sort everything out and to make sure that none of his stuff was gone. This guy was a prick anyway, but he was so bloody patronising. He didn't need to be there, it was just like he was rubbing it all in. We were lucky, though. It was a house of music students and none of the instruments that were left in the house were taken.

Also, I was surprised they didn't take any booze. That's the first thing I looked for after I saw that the till was gone, cos I thought my parents might have overlooked it, but it was all still there. Tbh the alarms were going wild, he had to run with what he got. Glad they worked. Also glad he chose that door, otherwise it coulda easily been our bedrooms instead of just a till >< (My wages and birthday money were right on the side by my bedroom door. Probably more there than there was in the till)

Jeff
6th October 2011, 04:03 PM
That was nice of them to leave the booze.

I guess they figured you'd need something after finding out you were robbed.:P

Magmar
6th October 2011, 04:14 PM
for those of you who don't know what till and float are: never work in retail if you don't want to know the horror and atrocity

Asilynne
6th October 2011, 04:35 PM
for those of you who don't know what till and float are: never work in retail if you don't want to know the horror and atrocity

^

Sorry to hear that Bex!!! Bastard, hope they find him and get your money back!!! I've never been burgled, its not fair you have to go through it so many times >.<

ChobiChibi
6th October 2011, 05:43 PM

Becki Hudd likes this :yes:

Then there's cashing up. And merchandising. And stock rotation. And end bays. And promotions. And everything in the store is £1, you dick, it says so right above the door when you come in.

Not bitter at all.

Becky
6th October 2011, 10:06 PM
Becki, I am just glad to hear that you are safe. I hope the police catch the burglar! You have every right to vent if you need to!

DarkestLight
6th October 2011, 10:22 PM
Yeah, being robbed sucks. Be glad you weren't around when it occurred :/ Happened tome when I worked graveyard at a gas station. But for you that hurts a bit mroe cause you live like right there, you can't just go home and shake it off. :/

And fuck that noise, Ida been mad he didn't take any damn booze. Lazy bitch :/ Your shit any good enough for him, tf he think he is?

Heald
7th October 2011, 01:22 AM
Becki Hudd likes this :yes:

Then there's cashing up. And merchandising. And stock rotation. And end bays. And promotions. And everything in the store is £1, you dick, it says so right above the door when you come in.

Not bitter at all.
Ugh, I think I'd rather be set on fire then pissed upon to be put out than work in a pound-store.

Having spent nearly a year of my life working in various retail outlets (Currys, Tesco) I completely empathise with the plight of the retail worker.

I salute thee :patriot:

(pretend that US flag is something more relevant, like being spat in the face by a customer while middle-management fucks you up the bum)

Magmar
7th October 2011, 11:02 AM
POUND-STORE? Love it!

Here we have Dollar Tree. The best place for birthday tchotchkes to add pizzazz to any gag birthday gift for... just a buck!

DarkestLight
7th October 2011, 02:09 PM
haha Dollar Stores. That always cracked me up. Them and 99 cent stores, whod fool you by saying everything is 99 cents. Then you go for a broom and its 6.99 :/

Magmar
7th October 2011, 06:17 PM
Here, there are two stores:

Dollar Tree, where everything IS a dollar,
and
Family Dollar, with its $6.99 brooms.

Dollar Tree does not require me to transfer buses either, so Dollar Tree wins. :D yay for Dollar Tree!

Dark Sage
7th October 2011, 06:28 PM
One benefit to working at a dollar store.

You never have to tell a customer what something's price is.

Seriously, sorry to hear you were robbed. Just be glad he was a burglar and not an armed robber. That would have been a lot worse.

ChobiChibi
7th October 2011, 07:21 PM
One benefit to working at a dollar store.

You never have to tell a customer what something's price is.

LOL. Yes you do. All the time. I want it printed on my back, cos it's bad customer service to give 'em the middle finger.

And that's the other problem. Store names. Mine is called Poundworld, but there are many of similar names. This store is the only one in the area, as the chain has just started to expand from the north to the south west, but people are convinced that they have been to another store in the area. No, silly, the nearest store just opened in South Wales >>

Thanks for all your lovely messages, they cheered me up :)

Knight of Time
7th October 2011, 07:36 PM
Just wondering if you have any updates on the story yet, ChobiChibi? I'm curious to hear if the thief has been found.

sapiosexual
8th October 2011, 01:12 AM
I just burgled your virginity btw.

ChobiChibi
8th October 2011, 02:31 AM
Ha, that guy wishes :P

The thief has not been found, but the till has! Empty, of course, and smashed up. Was found in Kingswood, several miles away from me, and in the opposite direction to the way he ran. Either that or he took the very long way around, or got picked up at some point.