PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Happy Meal anyone?

Wild Female Machoke
29th April 2003, 02:39 PM
I can't believe this! This article is from videogames.com (http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6025903.html) I don't like eating fast food though.

McDonald's and Sega team up for yet another video game promotion.

Sega has announced that it will be releasing a series of interactive toys that will be packed in with McDonald's Happy Meals. These games will be based on the Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Monkey Ball franchises. One of them, Sonic Speedway, will put players in a simple race to the finish line, while the other, AiAi Banana Catch, will have players catching bananas that fall from the sky.

"The characters of the Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Monkey Ball franchises are some of the most recognizable icons in video games today," said Mike Fischer, vice president of marketing, Sega of America. "This relationship with McDonald's allows Sega to further reinforce those character brands with the younger gamer through a never-before-seen premium vehicle."

Look for the toys this summer.

Sonic Happy Meal anyone? :D

PNT510
29th April 2003, 03:22 PM
Uh.. who the **** cares?

Musourenka
29th April 2003, 10:45 PM
What? You've never had a Sonic Happy Meal toy before? I had a Sonic toy that came with some flame base. You pressed the button, and Sonic would shoot forward (it had wheels).

Metal Claw
30th April 2003, 04:53 PM
I care!
And I am very excited !
I can add this to my other happy meal toys!
-Sonic running (the one described in the previous post)
-Dr. Robotnik
-Tails Flyer
-Knuckles Whriling Stormcloud!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legends-Kuja
1st May 2003, 05:38 PM
How about NO? Now the Pokeyman haters are gonna think Sonic's a Pokemon. YES, they're THAT stupid...

MadFearow
4th May 2003, 01:50 PM
That's cool, but considering my age I'd be shot dead if I were caught buying a Happy Meal...

Razola
4th May 2003, 01:58 PM
I'd get a happy meal if it actually had enough food to feed a person.

Sorry, not trading some of my food for a piece of plastic.

mic_128
8th May 2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by MadFearow
That's cool, but considering my age I'd be shot dead if I were caught buying a Happy Meal...
Ditto. Just because i'm 16..............

Railu
9th May 2003, 12:10 AM
Ahh the Sonic toys...I remember I had Sonic and Tails when I was a little girl but they are long gone long ago. I miss those little things. :(

Well, this is where little brothers come in for me! They can get toys for me when I want some from restaurants. That way, people won't wonder why I am still getting Kids meals...:D bwaha.

Mew Master
29th June 2003, 01:21 PM
Hey, you gusy hush up! My mom get's happy meals because the "adult" meals are too big for her.

freshmex
29th June 2003, 01:43 PM
I already bought all the toys off ebay :wave:

their kinda cool, i didnt play any of them for more then 5 minutes :no:

Starry Might
29th June 2003, 02:26 PM
I've heard about the Sonic Happy Meal toys. :) I have yet to get one, though...even though I got a Happy Meal this morning.

"Howzat?", you ask?

It was like this: when me and my Mom went to my Grandma's (my Mom's mom) house to cut her hair, we picked up food at McDonalds, in the form of Hot Cakes. I got a Breakfast Happy Meal with Hot Cakes, hoping to get a Sonic Toy...well, we got to Grandma's, and as we served up the Hot Cakes...I realized there that they forgot to give the toy! (And now I've realized they forgot the Hash Browns, too!) :mad: (This certainly isn't the first time that one of our local McDonald's restaraunts has fouled up, but man... >_<)

Ah well, better luck next time. ;)

Drifter Mirage
29th June 2003, 11:38 PM
Well to make sure they don't give me a weird look. I'm goingn to order the Happy Meal AND the $1 Double Cheeseburgers. And if they wonder why, I 'll just tell them I"m getting it for my little brother. -innocent look-

Craig
2nd July 2003, 01:13 PM
psst: you can get JUST the toy you know! : ) It might make more sense if you order somethin normal "And a cool little sonic toy thing" for all the people who are embarrased.

Mew2K
2nd July 2003, 11:20 PM
Two words: Drive-Thru. :D Still gotta get one, though.