PDA

View Full Version : Skyridge: The Last Set From Wizards...

hobbs
29th April 2003, 05:24 PM
I just recieved this in my e-mail, and I thought I should pass this on to all of you.

Pokemon Trading Card Game News
TO: Pokémon Community
FR: Chuck Huebner
President & Chief Executive Officer
Wizards of the Coast
RE: Future Pokémon TCG Releases by Wizards of the Coast
April 28, 2003
I hope you are all looking forward to the Pokémon-e: Skyridge set as much as we are. The Pokémon-e: Skyridge release is a special one for all of us here at Wizards of the Coast because it will be our last.
As many of you may be aware, we were planning to release two additional sets for Pokémon fans this year: Legendary Collection II and Jamboree. Unfortunately, Pokémon USA, Inc. has told us we will not be able to release either of these sets. Wizards of the Coast does not know whether Pokémon USA, Inc. is planning to release these sets themselves at a later date or if the sets are on a permanent hiatus.
We are still moving forward with plans for a Pokémon Fan appreciation tournament to take place Saturday July 26th at the GenCon Gaming Convention in Indianapolis. I'd like to also remind you that Wizards will continue to support Pokémon organized play through BattleZone, the upcoming Skyridge Super BattleZone, the Professor Championship at Origins, and the Team Multi-play Championship at GenCon. Skyridge is a great set that we know fans of Pokémon will enjoy both to collect and to play with during these exciting summer events.
Again, I want to express my deepest gratitude to the millions of players who have purchased our products and participated in the thousands of events that we have hosted such as the Super Trainer Showdowns, mall tours, Pokémon Leagues, and last year's World Championship in Seattle. We hope you have enjoyed them as much as we have.
I hope you are all having a good spring.
Warm regards,
Chuck

Jedi
29th April 2003, 06:19 PM
hmm.:no:
Well, without LC2 it looks like I won't be getting oak and computer search in modifed.;)

Thanks for sharing

Roarkiller
30th April 2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Jedi
hmm.:no:
Well, without LC2 it looks like I won't be getting oak and computer search in modifed.;)

Thanks for sharing

I doubt we'll be getting those anyhow. I got the email too. Kinda sux, although it might be good too, considering that the last 2 sets r reprints anyway.

mic_128
8th May 2003, 01:29 AM
Does wizards have screenshots of the new cards on their site? I'd look but the school has blocked it. I really want to see the last wizards set but the LCII would blow as bad as LC1.

Silvercharizard
20th May 2003, 05:10 AM
You guys do know nintendo's taking over the PKMN TCG

Roarkiller
20th May 2003, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Silvercharizard
You guys do know nintendo's taking over the PKMN TCG

Thats pretty much VERY old news. But thx for reminding us *sarcasm*