PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to the G/S ball?

Bacl
29th April 2003, 06:45 PM
What ever happened to the G/S ball? I've missed out on viewing a good chunk of Johto episodes, and I'm sure i missed the end of this plot which started waaay back in the Orange Islands.

Last I saw of it was when the gang met up with Kurt and gave it to him. Did we ever hear back from him?

Hanada Tattsu
29th April 2003, 07:02 PM
The last time we see or ever hear about the GS Ball is when Ash and his friends get to Azalea Town and drop it off with Kurt.

We don't get any future updates from Kurt about the Ball, so any rumors that say it houses Ho-Oh or any other legendary is wrong.

My thoughts about what its purpose was is that it was there to introduce the world of Gold and Silver, just to make publicity and to have people return to watch the show during Johto. I don't think there's anything mysterious about it.

EDIT: BTW, I think since there's not gonna be any major spoilers here, I'll move this back to Anime.

-moves-

pokemongeek
6th May 2003, 06:37 AM
I Thought It Held Celebei After Reading That In The Japanese Version Of Crystal That You Get It After Letting Kurt Observe It For One Day And Taking It To The Shrine In The Forrest.

Swinubman53
6th May 2003, 08:33 AM
I always thought that it would contain one of the new RS pokemon like they did with togepi in kanto. Misty got togepi before the games came out, and I thought they might do something similar with the GS ball. But that's just me :P

Hanada Tattsu
6th May 2003, 09:08 AM
Yeah, before the fourth movie, everyone thought it contained Celebi. Then, people thought it contained Ho-Oh, or some legendary R/S Pokemon, like Swinub said.

As far as I am concerned, it's empty.

BenRG
6th May 2003, 04:07 PM
I still say that the G/S-ball contains something horrible that could never be released and the world remain safe. Something like MissingNo, maybe? Should be interesting to see how the animé would reproduce the video corruption that accompanies capturing that blasted thing in blue-version. :P

Seriously, I think that the G/S-ball has joined Ash's father in that great void of forgotten plot devices.

Hanada Tattsu
6th May 2003, 04:13 PM
Yeah, I think we should just leave it alone.

We will probably never hear about the G/S Ball again since Ash is in Hoenn. I mean, Kurt might call Ash and tell him updates about it, but we might never actually see the Pokemon in it.