PDA

View Full Version : Poll: *walks into math class* *gasp* My dad's the substitute teacher!? Nooo!!

Crystal Mew
29th April 2003, 11:22 PM
wow...2 polls in 2 days.....thats gotta be a new record :P

anyways, I got this idea from watching tv (no...my dad really isnt my substitute teacher o_o)

1. What would you do if you found out your parents would be a substitute at your school? Would you be embarassed? Or just not care?

~*1. I dunno what I would do... I would only get embarassed if they did something stupid and humiliating --; which has been known to happen :P but I thought about it..and I guess I really wouldnt care that much...it would justy be really weird to have one of my parents as a teacher o_0;

ILikePokemonP
30th April 2003, 12:51 AM
Hmm... I'd probably scream a few times, and go into heavy breathing. Once that's over, I'd learn to cope due to not getting into trouble, handing in homework late and other things I couldn't do with any other teacher :)

I_M_Greg
30th April 2003, 09:26 PM
*sigh* I see for you all that it is a nightmare. For me it became real. Yup, my mommy was my substitute teacher when I was in elementary school. At the moment, I am in 9th grade.

When my mom did substitute, she didn't embarass me at all. I actually was the one that helped her with everything. But one thing that ****** me off was that we had a couple ******* in the class that were always trying to suck up the substitute teacher. Well, since it was my mom, I immediately got mad and told the girls off...And I didn't get in trouble! Hoo HA!! My mommy was a good teacher. We always had fun and got our work done. And just for one day, I was in charge of the class. HOO HA!!

Madelyn151
30th April 2003, 09:33 PM
errr, the topic is EXACTLY what happened. and he was an awful teacher. he gave me detention for doing nothing. and he wasn't kidding. and everyone was like "haha madelyn's dad is a loser" ;_;

soggy_cardboard
1st May 2003, 03:26 AM
i think i's do what homer did on one episode of the simpsons.

u know the one where he cant stop screaming, lol

White Gryphon
1st May 2003, 07:14 PM
1. What would you do if you found out your parents would be a substitute at your school? Would you be embarassed? Or just not care?

One class I had in high school, the teacher was the mom of one of the other students. And I hated both of them. Um... but if it were my mom, I would die. She's one of those hard-headed disciplining Capricorn types who would give me homework and then bear down on me until I got it done. That class would be a living hell.

Lightning
2nd May 2003, 09:07 PM
o.O;; That happened to my friend last year. I wasn't in her class, but her dad was my homeroom/her science teacher. XD;; Anyway, I think it would be cool if one of my parents were substitute for a day. ^_^ I could get them to give detention or something to all the kids I don't like. And no homework~! w00t!

Bai,
Lightning

OpOp32
2nd May 2003, 10:04 PM
This hasn't ever happened to me, but my friend has it even worse. His dad is an actual teacher. And he is one of the most feared and loved teachers in the eighth grade. Ninth graders say his class was harder and seniors still use notes from his class. But he is also hilarious for if he is tired of you talking he'll have you stick a paper ball in your mouth or go to the office. My friend doesn't mind it at all...he is the kind of attention seeker person.

Matt
4th May 2003, 12:24 PM

If one of my parents ever substituted one of my classes I wouldn't really care. Well, I wouldn't care until they say something about me when I was a baby or anything else stupid and embarassing that parents say. But I could just tell all my friends to not believe them ^_^;;.

Razola
4th May 2003, 02:06 PM
I would be fairly impressed, since going from pre-school to college teaching would be a pretty big step for my mom.

EVme15
5th May 2003, 05:24 AM
My aunt is a 5th grade teacher in another state. I remember way back in 5th grade when she came in as an assistant teacher. She didn't call on me, at least! >.< I would have died right there on the spot.