PDA

View Full Version : Brandon in the anime

Jon UKX
30th April 2003, 11:53 AM
If Brandon appears in a episode or a special, what pokemon do you think he will have?
I think he will have
http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs001.png
We don't know who took the Treeko from Birch but I think Brandon took it.
http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs018.png
Since May is going to get a Beautifly, why not give him Wurmple's
alternate evolution
http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs028.png
Brandon needs a flying type so we need this dual type flyer.
http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs105.png
He needs a fire type and this is it.

Also, do you think when he appears, he will have a crush a May like in the game.

Hanada Tattsu
30th April 2003, 03:06 PM
Wait, Brandon has a crush on May in the game? Are you sure?

I played as a boy, so I don't know exactly...

Anyway, we know May took Torchic, and this guy from the Zigzagoon filler took Mudkip, so I guess Brandon should have Treecko. I think Ash should get Torkoal, and Pelipper, no, I can't see him with a Pelipper.

I don't think we'll see him with Dustox because Jessie is gonna get Dustox, so I don't Brandon will have the same Pokemon as a villian.

PAK Man
30th April 2003, 09:00 PM
If Brandon is ever introduced in the anime, I believe he will have the following Pokemon:

Shroomish
Numel
Treecko > Grovyle
Taillow > Swellow

The reason I believe this is because if you choose Torchic as your starter in R/S, your rival in the second battle will have a Shroomish, Numel and a Mudkip. Since a character has already appeared in the anime with a Mudkip, Brandon probably has Treecko with him. In the final rival battle, Brandon has a Swellow, Shroomish, Numel and a Marshtomp. That is why I believe that this will be Brandon's team.

Pewter City Geodude
1st May 2003, 09:16 AM
Not so sure Brendan has Treecko since Ash gets one, but I guess it's possible...

(It's Brendan, not Brandon.)

Light_Togetic
1st May 2003, 01:36 PM
Hmmm... well, it would make sense to have Treecko with Brendan, but, like Pewter City Geodude said, Ash already has one. Then again, Richie has a Pikachu, so I guess it's possible. I think that if they do show Brendan (and that's a big if), then it would only be a few episodes. But if they're going to, they better do it soon, because nice rivalries take time to make.

And I could never really decide if Brendan has a crush on May in the games or not. To me, he always just seemed big brother-ish. But then again, I haven't gotten to the very last rival battle yet, seeing as I've just finished beating Wallace, who was surprisingly easy for me.

Pewter City Geodude
1st May 2003, 02:12 PM
If you've done beating Wallace, you're already well past the last rival battle, and you haven't even bothered to go into the Lilycove Dept. Store yet. (How could you NOT?)

Hanada Tattsu
1st May 2003, 05:14 PM
Yeah, LT, you battle Brendan/May in front of the Lillycove Department Store; just talk to him/her and you'll battle them.

Funny, their starter never fully evolves, and her Pokemon suck, she never evolves them.

quilava flame
1st May 2003, 06:57 PM
The final rival battle is very, very easy. However, the next time you face Wally makes up for the easy battle. Ironic, May was a trainer long before Wally. May could go wherever she wanted to train and Wally had to run away so he could train. Yet despite all of that, May turns out with 4 pokemon and her starter isn't even fully evolved. Wally however, has 5 fully evolved and very powerful and well trained pokemon.

Hanada Tattsu
1st May 2003, 09:59 PM
Yeah, the rival in Ruby and Sapphire is a joke.

Wally should be the main rival, and you should battle him more than once, he's a great trainer.

Pewter City Geodude
1st May 2003, 10:00 PM
You do battle him more than once. You battle him something like 4 times as you progress through the game, then once you've beaten the Elite 4, you can go back to the end of Victory Road where you saw him last time and repeatedly battle him, just like the other trainers in your Trainer's Eyes.

Hanada Tattsu
1st May 2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Pewter City Geodude
You do battle him more than once. You battle him something like 4 times as you progress through the game, then once you've beaten the Elite 4, you can go back to the end of Victory Road where you saw him last time and repeatedly battle him, just like the other trainers in your Trainer's Eyes.

No, you only battle Wally twice; once in Mauville City, where he has a Level 16 Ralts, and then on Victory Road, where you can battle him more than once.

Pewter City Geodude
1st May 2003, 10:08 PM
You just contradicted yourself.

Hanada Tattsu
2nd May 2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Pewter City Geodude
You just contradicted yourself.

LOL, I meant you should battle Wall like four times, as you said, during the game, while you should battle your rival twice.

Groudon99
10th May 2003, 08:10 AM
Character bashing is not allowed on TPM..

Thanks..

Hanada Tattsu

Hanada Tattsu
10th May 2003, 08:31 AM
Dude, Groudon, stop bashing the characters.

It's not allowed here. You can have your own opinion, but don't do it here. There are some Ash fans here, you know.

FalcovsLeon20
10th May 2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Dude, Groudon, stop bashing the characters.

It's not allowed here. You can have your own opinion, but don't do it here. There are some Ash fans here, you know.

Well put Hanada. I'm glad someone here is considerate of the Ash fans out there too. (I happen to like Ash. Got a problem with it?!) Anyway, if Brendan appears on the anime, he'll probably have Treecko. I'd like him to have some strong, powerful pokemon as well. Maybe Flygon and Sharpedo for example. Definately not Torkoal. Ash should get that one. Not Shroomish either. Doesn't need two grass on the same team. (Yes I know Ash caried both Lapras and Squirtle with him during the Orange Islands but I don't count Lapras. It was used as transportation more than it was used in battles.) Heck, Brendan could have a Salamence. (Not Metagross. Ash should have Metagross or at least Metang. Hasn't anyone noticed how Metang looks similar to Ash?)

Hanada Tattsu
11th May 2003, 08:27 AM
I'm glad you liked what I did, Falcovs. I like Ash too, he's a cool character, not always bright, but he does love his Pokemon and thinks about them before himself, and that's what counts.

Light_Togetic
12th May 2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Yeah, LT, you battle Brendan/May in front of the Lillycove Department Store; just talk to him/her and you'll battle them.

I did that already. You mean THAT was the last battle!!! OMG! Okay.... Brendan is the wimpiest rival I've ever seen in my life...

I didn't know when the last battle would be because I didn't buy a player's guide for Ruby. I assumed that the department store battle wasn't the last one because of his starter not being fully evolved... but... I guess I was wrong. :rolleyes:

Oh well, I like Wally better anyway! They should bring him on the show.

Oh yes, and I like Ash too. A bit annoying at times, but I think his determination and dedication are qualities that make up for the annoyingness (heh, I don't think that's a word ^-^;; ).

Hanada Tattsu
12th May 2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Light_Togetic
I did that already. You mean THAT was the last battle!!! OMG! Okay.... Brendan is the wimpiest rival I've ever seen in my life...

I didn't know when the last battle would be because I didn't buy a player's guide for Ruby. I assumed that the department store battle wasn't the last one because of his starter not being fully evolved... but... I guess I was wrong. :rolleyes:

Oh well, I like Wally better anyway! They should bring him on the show.

Oh yes, and I like Ash too. A bit annoying at times, but I think his determination and dedication are qualities that make up for the annoyingness (heh, I don't think that's a word ^-^;; ).

When and if they make the unobtainables available, I hope we battle May or Brandon again, hopefully she'll have some stronger Pokes.

Bacl
13th July 2003, 11:33 AM
So far everyone has been speculating what Pokemon Brendon will have if he shows up. But a thought occurs. Isn't it interesting that in the anime, if Brandon showed up, he'd be Professor Birch's son? In the R/S game, your father is the gym leader of Petalburg, and your rival is the child of Professor Birch. Since May's father is Norman, the gym leader in Petalburg, then Brandon is obviously Professor Birch's son.

I'm reminded of the last rival we saw, who was also the relation of the towns Professor.

(Sorry to bump, but I wanted to talk about Brandon, and it was either bump this or start the same topic from scratch.)

Hanada Tattsu
13th July 2003, 11:38 AM
Well, then if we ever see Brandon in the anime again, then we will surely know that he is most likely Prof. Birch's son.