PDA

View Full Version : An open challenge

Mister Mew
14th December 2002, 01:53 PM
I, whos asb name shall be Tungmyuu, just had my team approved and wish to have a battle with whomever wishes to battle this rookie ASBer. Even though I asked a ref to ref my first battle, I never recieved an answer, so we need a ref.

2 vs 2
1 week dq
you choose first, I attack first
Arena: Tungmyuu Special #1
Every so often (more often at the beginning of my asb career) I will create an arena borm from my creative abilities. They shall be known as the Tungmyuu Speacials.

This particular one is a Volcanic Island.
In the center of this 250 yard by 250 yard circular island is an active volcano that has recently erupted, causing the western and northern parts of the island to be covered by a lake of molten lava. The nearer to this lake the battle strays, the more effective fire attack become and the less effective ice attacks become. Also, the volcano may erupt at any time causing possible significent changes to the island.
To the south and east of the island, there are three slightly different grounds. Nearest the volcano is a dense forest full of tropical trees which makes for great hiding places. This forest is the home of a large clan of Ursaring who are irate by the destruction of half their home by the volcano. They may attack if a pokemon strays too close to the forest.
Nearest the ocean is a sandy beach with very soft sand with stray rocks, shells, and the occasional krabby or shellder about. The krabby or shellder may attack if disturbed. The water itself is calm and safe to enter if you're a pokemon who likes water. Water attacks are more effective here than anywhere else on the island.
Between the forest and the beach is an open field. This field has some grassy patches but is mostly bare dirt with many rocks of varying sizes scattered about. It would be easy to find the fuel for moves the require throwing something. The dirt itself is hard but is soft enough to dig in with some extra effort.

This is the battlefield of choice a whole array of places for interesting battles. Who will accept my challenge and who will be the ref.

On a side note, due to the fct that I have company coming for the weekend, it may be the late afternoon on Sunday or early morning Monday until I can come to TPM again, just so you all know.

TheBlueDragon
14th December 2002, 02:18 PM
It's already time for me to take my second battle slot... ;)

So I'll take ou on.

For my first pokémon, I choose...

AoiRyuu, my (male) Dratini!

Oddish17
14th December 2002, 10:31 PM
Where are the slowpoke?!?

I'll ref this for you, but you can be damn sure I'm going to stick some slowpoke on the beach for your battling pleasure. They're too much fun to leave out.

Mister Mew
15th December 2002, 09:02 AM
sees his opponent and grins

Welcome!

throws open his overcoat revealing, six black and gold pokeballs hanging around his waist.

A dratini..seems to be a favorite amoung trainers nowadays. Hmmmm... I think I'll go with a somewhat unexpected choice...

I choose...
Meowth (f) No nickname
Sig: Intimidation
Desc: Meowth suddenly begins to foam at the mouth, imitating rabies and
gets a crazed look in its eyes and begins acting in an insane manner. This is done to intimidate the opponent, who doesn't know it's faked, causing fear to hinder their attack and mobility. However, the fear of rabies puts them on the defensive. This attack lasts 3 turns and the chance it will work goes down substancially after its been used on a pokemon once and won't work on the same pomemon three times.
type: Dark damage: 0% accuracy: 95% 1st use, 40% 2nd use, 0% after
(resets to 1st use when new opponent comes in play) effects: opponent's attack and speed decrease 20%. opponent's Defense increase 15%. 10% chance opponent's evasion will decrease by 20%

Meowth, use Faint Attack to start this battle off. Don't give him time to react, follow that up with a mighty Slash and keep him reeling with a point blank Shadow Ball.

Faint Attack-Slash-Shadow Ball

PS: Ref, you can have the match start wherever you wish on this island (except on top of the volcano, tha's not accessable for now.)

TheBlueDragon
15th December 2002, 11:11 AM
Alright, Aoiryuu, we don't know in which part of the island we'll be fighting, so let's go for a more genral strategy.

Star with an Extremespeed, which most probably will get him off-guard. When he gets near you, let's make sure it won't move so fast. Thunder Wave him. Finish it off with an Ice Beam.

Extremespeed ~ Thunder Wave ~ Ice Beam

Oddish17
15th December 2002, 11:55 AM
Mister Mew(Tungmyuu whatever), you're not required to say what your sig move is right at the beginning. It may actually be beneficial for you to not say what it is, as it could then be used as a surprising twist during the midst of a battle. Just for future reference.

I'll have this reffing up sometime. Probably by tonight.

Oddish17
15th December 2002, 04:24 PM
Volcano's seem to be a popular arena to battle in/around. This battle will start out on the open field. I'm sorry for the poor reffing, I have to keep coming back and typing this in between doing a hundred other things.

Tungmyuu vs. TheBlueDragon

Meowth(F) vs. AoiRyuu(Dratini M)

Pre-Battle
As the opponents prepare themselves for the coming battle, this ref feels quite uncomtorable on this remote island. Glancing uneasily northwards, I wipe the sweat off my brow, and vow to do the job I came here to do. We're at least safe here in this field...hopefully. The two trainer's seem unfazed by the conditions. Ah, I love the fresh excitement of newcomers to this crazy world of battling. They'll soon be broken in, though....*ahem* Right, I have a job to do. During my daydreaming, it seems the two starting pokemon have already been called forth. Aww, I can't help but notice how adorable these two pokemon are. A small Meowth walks back and forth, obviously ready to pounce on that catnip when they get back home ^_^. Opposite Tungmyuu and his Meowth, is the oddly named Dratini, along with his trainer, TheBlueDragon. While AoiRyuu may not be a dragon yet, I'm sure one day he will become a powerful fighter. But for now, he is adorably cute. Right, since both trainers are glaring at me, I guess it's time to start the match. Let the battle commence!

Meowth- Faint Attack ~ Slash ~ Shadow Ball
AoiRyuu- Extremespeed ~ Thunder Wave ~ Ice Beam

Battle
Ah, the smell of lava in the morning. The battle begins, as Meowth makes her first move. At least this was her intention. As Meowth begins to disappear with a faint glimmer, AoiRyuu vanishes in a blur. In an instant, he is upon Meowth, knocking the feline backwards, disrupting her plans for a Faint Attack. Meowth regains her composure, annoyed at being attacked so quickly. Why, it's not polite! Baring her claws in a menacing manner, Meowth decides to give that Dratini a great big hug, angry cat style. Racing forward with a hiss, Meowth slashes downwards upon AoiRyuu, who was still recovering after moving so quickly. Three long gashes remain where Meowth left her mark. AoiRyuu lets out a shriek of pain, as blood begins to ooze from the wounds. Meowth retreats, knowing its best not to be too close right now.

It doesn't matter, as AoiRyuu begins to crackle with electricity. Attempting to flee, Meowth turns and runs, but it doesn't matter. A small flash of electricity shoots forth, enveloping Meowth, causing her muscles to spasm. As her entire body shakes in an odd manner, she tries her hardest to shake off the effects. Temporarily gaining control of her body, she concentrates her darkest energies into a single ball, which she holds briefly within her paws. Using some strange force, the ball shoots forward, aimed directly at AoiRyuu. Unable to dodge the attack, the Shadow Ball hits with full force, causing an intense burning where he was scratched from before. Fighting through the pain, AoiRyuu lowers his body temperature, preparing for his final attack. Meowth attempts to dodge the icy attack, but her muscle's lock up, refusing to follow her commands. An icy beam forms, enveloping Meowth in an icy aura. The Ice Beam fades, leaving a chilly Meowth behind, still attempting to gain control of her muscles.

The first round finishes, in a much more violent fashion then I had imagined. Amongst their battling, the two pokemon have come close to the edge of the forest, in which light is unable to penetrate the thick foliage. Hopefully they'll stay away from there...

Stats
AoiRyuu- 84%, three long gashes-bleeding, fatigue(10%)
Meowth- 86%, muscle spasms, chilly, fatigue(7%)

Arena- The combatants are currently just outside the forest, still on the open field.

TheBlueDragon
15th December 2002, 05:17 PM
Alright AoiRyuu (which, BTW, isn't "oddly named". It's just "Blue Dragon" in japanese. ;)), you're doing very well. Let's keep up with the fight.

First, let's try to get near the beach. Use your Agility and go in that direction (Anything is better than raging Ursarings trying to get you :P) it'll get your speed higher as well. Then, the Meowth will probably go after you. If he does that, give him a Toxic in the face (well, not exactly.. :P). If he doesn't, just Double Team. Then, just for the sake of it, set up Reflective barrier.

Agility (towards the beach) ~ Toxic/Double Team ~ Reflect

Mister Mew
15th December 2002, 07:23 PM
looks over at the forest and sees several pairs of glowing eyes watching the battle.

Meowth, I'll have to agree with TBD..even the lava pool would be safer than this forest. Getting away would be a great idea. Now, Let's start this round off by using Bubblebeam to slip up AoiRyuu. Then use a Take Down on him. Hopefully the bubbles slickness will provide enough momentum(sp) to use Ryuu as a surfboard all the way to the beach. The ride over the rocky field between forest and beach should do some extra damage if lucky. Next, use use a Toxic of your own since I'm sure Ryuu will of atleast gotten his off at some time.

Also, if at any time Ryuu finds himself in the water, then shock him with a Thunderbolt. The water should make it very wide-spread and may even strengthen it a little if we're lucky.

Bubblebeam-Take Down-Toxic

Oddish17
16th December 2002, 04:37 PM
Round 2

Pre-Battle
AoiRyuu- 84%, three long gashes-bleeding, fatigue(10%)
Meowth- 86%, muscle spasms, chilly, fatigue(7%)

Arena- The combatants are currently just outside the forest, still on the open field.

AoiRyuu- Agility (towards the beach) ~ Toxic/Double Team ~ Reflect
Meowth- Bubblebeam ~ Take Down ~ Toxic ~ Thunderbolt(sub)

Battle
Glancing towards the forest, the ominous darkness seems forbidding, and just plain scary. It seems the two opponents share my enthusiasm for being this close to the forest, as AoiRyuu skips off across the grass, fleeing towards the beach in a blur. Meowth blinks, realizing he's now all alone. Running after AoiRyuu as fast as his little legs can carry him, he lets loose a water blast. The quick run has enabled Meowth to regain the control of her muscles, although she pays little mind to this for now. The small bubbles of water waft through the air, as AioRyuu comes to a halt at the waters edge. Turning to face his opponent, he is greeted by a large watery blast, soaking his body. The other bubbles float off harmlessly, although a nearby Kingler seemed to enjoy popping one that floated near him. A dopey Slowpoke raises his head from his slumber, wondering what all the commotion is about. Realizing it's all too confusing, he lays his head back down to rest once again. Hmm, it seems I've been left behind as the two pokemon headed for the beach. I run after, glancing behind me. As I turn and run, I could have sworn I saw two Ursaring's sitting down for midday tea.

Stepping over a half buried Shellder, I tiptoe on the hot sand, although it doesn't seem to faze either Meowth or AoiRyuu. Still struggling to catch up to the fleet Dratini, Meowth soon stops dead in her tracks. Looking ahead of her, she now counts four Dratini's. Hmm, is this some sort of magic trick? Charging ahead, Meowth covers the distance between her and AoiRyuu. Leaping into the air, quite magestically, Meowth reveals her claws once again, coming down full force onto AoiRyuu. Or what was AoiRyuu. Landing full on into the sand, she looks behind her to see that the Dratini has disappeared. Angry at being deceived, she watches as the three remaining Dratini's seem to shimmer for a second. Noticing that AoiRyuu is soaking wet, Meowth decides this is a good time to shock that deceiving Dratini. Gathering as much electrical energy as she can, the stored up energy is discharged in a single beam, before breaking apart slightly as it jets through the air. It explodes in a blast of sparks, as the Thunderbolt ricochets off an invisible wall. The resulting shockwave destroys the clones, as well as disturbing several Kingler nearby. Small sparks land upon a few of these Kingler, enraging them at being slightly shocked. AoiRyuu watches as his Reflect dissipated from the blast, grateful that it saved him from that blast. Meowth begins to fume, enraged at the futility of her attacks. The swarm of Kingler are also none too happy, and begin to converge on the two opposing pokemon. I'm so glad I used my anti-Kingler colone this morning.

Stats
Meowth- 86%, has control of muscles, enraged, fatigue(17%)
AoiRyuu- 78%, no more clones, soaking wet, three long gashes-no longer bleeding, reflect no longer up, fatigue(22%)

Arena- The combatants are currently on the beach, a swarm of angry Kingler are making their way towards both pokemon

Mister Mew
17th December 2002, 01:12 AM
Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire :o

Meowth: Yeah..first a threat of Ursaring and now a fleet of po'ed Kingler. Next thing you know the Slowpoke will be after us.

Shhhhh! You might give them ideas

Meowth: ^_^;;

Anyways..You're angry and I can see that, Meowth, so, first of all, vent your Frustration on Ryuu. By the time you've roughed him up, I'm sure those Kingler will be within attack range so use the disappearing affect of Faint Attack to get a good distance behind them so they won't get a hold of you. Next, if Ryuu gets caught by the Kingler, just take a well deserved break. If Ryuu gets away, however, let's ping him with a nice Thunderbolt since he should still be wet from the Bubblebeam.

Frustration-Faint Attack to get away from Kingler-Take a Break/Thunderbolt

TheBlueDragon
17th December 2002, 04:36 AM
Oh well... so, then, AoiRyuu, we have to at least to hold these Kinglers a bit.

Let's see what we cant do. Use Mist in order to make it hard to see. Maybe that confuses them and they go away. Even if that doesn't happens, attack the Meowth. Let's give him a little of his own treatment. Cats hate scalding water, so first use your Thermals, then, with him wet, a Thunderbolt.

Mist ~ Thermals ~ Thunderbolt

http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs302.png - AoiRyuu - Male
Sig. Move - Thermals
Hot Water spouts from the ground right where the opponent is, hitting him on surprise and causing possible burns on its body. This attack can only be used up to three times. It may not work depending on the chosen arena (determined by the ref.)
Type: Water
Damage: 10%
Accuracy: 80%
Effect: 25% chance of burn.

yeah... the first sig move i'm using... :P

TheBlueDragon
23rd December 2002, 07:08 AM
ref... ref... where's the ref... *bump*

Oddish17
23rd December 2002, 12:13 PM
I posted in the away tower saying I'd be back Monday. Sorry, I've been too busy lately.

Round 3

Pre-Battle
Meowth- 86%, has control of muscles, enraged, fatigue(17%)
AoiRyuu- 78%, no more clones, soaking wet, three long gashes-no longer bleeding, reflect no longer up, fatigue(22%)

Arena- The combatants are currently on the beach, a swarm of angry Kingler are making their way towards both pokemon

Meowth- Frustration ~ Faint Attack ~ Take a Break/Thunderbolt
AoiRyuu- Mist ~ Thermals ~ Thunderbolt

Battle
Mmm, smell that wonderful beach smell. At least it would be wonderful, if there wasn't a swarm of very upset Kingler on the prowl. While I feel safe, I can't help but wonder at the safety of these two combatants. I let out a laugh, realizing I don't care what happens to them. It seems the battle continues on, even without my signal. No respect, I tell you. Meowth, quite upset at the proceedings from before, decides it's time to let loose his frustrations. Looking deep inside for all the hatred she can muster, she lets loose a vicious growl, much louder than I would expect from such a small cat. Baring her teeth in a menacing manner, Meowth runs forward, baring down on the poor defenseless Dratini. Or perhaps not so defenseless, as AoiRyuu begins to emit a thick mist, although the winds from the sea soon blows the mist around. As the mist floats off around him, AoiRyuu watches in horror as Meowth is upon him, claws bared and teeth clenched. In a heartbeat, the ruckus is over, far too quickly for this ref to follow what happened. Looking out, I watch as Meowth retreats, blood covering each of her front paws. I watch in amusement at AoiRyuu, who is now laying upon the sand in obvious pain. A few more deep gashes have appeared upon his body, as blood turns the sand below him a pale red. The Kingler retreat a few steps, now somewhat fearful of this vicious cat.

Meowth takes this time to vanish into thin air, as she scampers a short ways away. Deciding it best to put the Kingler between herself and AoiRyuu and herself, she stealthily makes her way around the Kingler, soon reappearing behind them. The Kingler, noticing Meowth is no longer around, advance upon the helpless AoiRyuu. Or helpless is what he would want you to believe. The beach seems to shake slightly, as small clouds of steam appear around Meowth. The Kingler also feel the steam, stopping in their tracks, talking amongst one another as to what is happening. In an instant, the steam stops, as a gush of hot water flows from beneath the beach, spraying upwards and outwards. Meowth is unable to dodge the scalding drops of water, and experiences severe discomfort as the drops begin to burn some of her hair. The water soon stops, as Meowth rolls in the sand to ease the intense burning. The small band of Kingler, deciding these two are not ones to be messed with, flee towards the ocean, deciding it will be safer there. AoiRyuu smiles with amusement, before collapsing to the sand in pain. He notices with a slight twinge of fear that some of the wounds are still open. Small bits of blood stream down his body, collecting in a small puddle in the sand. Struggling through the pain, he attempts his next attack, but soon collapses once again. Meowth has no better luck, still rolling through the sand, in a useless effort at easing the burning. Neither pokemon has the means to finish off with their last attacks. A lone slowpoke meanders over to Meowth, confused as to why this cat is flopping around like a fish. He watches on, with a blank stare upon his face.

Stats
AoiRyuu- 68%, wet, multiple gashes-some are still bleeding, fatigue(29%)
Meowth- 76%, wet, somewhat burnt, covered in sand, fatigue(24%)

Arena- The combatants are currently on the beach, the Kingler have left for the ocean, a Slowpoke is watching Meowth

Mister Mew
1st January 2003, 03:50 PM
Just posting to say I'm back from vacation and that this battle can continue on once kenji returns.

TheBlueDragon
2nd January 2003, 08:29 AM
Let's go, Aoiryuu (after an almost one week delay :P)!

Start with a Bubblebeam, besides damaging the Meowth it'll make the sand wet and slippery bubbles. Then Supersonic, and finish it with a Surf!

Bubblebeam ~ Supersonic ~ Surf

Mister Mew
2nd January 2003, 04:38 PM
looks from his Meowth to the Slowpoke then towards his opponent then back at the Slowpoke (who stares stupidly at Meowth)

Told you you'd give the Slowpokes ideas

Meowth- :-P

...anyways..it seems out foe has forgotten the variable staring at you, mine pokemon.

Meowth- glances at the Slowpoke who is still staring stupidly at her what exactly is he gonna do?

Hopefully become irate with Aoiryuu when his attacks hit him since slowpoke's in such close proximity to you.

Meowth- An irate Slowpoke..isn't that about as helpfully as mollasses in January?

You never know. I've heard Slowpoke could be quite dangerous when mad. shrugs

anyways..while ryuu is doing his bubblebeam, hit him with Icy Wind and take advantage of that weakness. When he tries Supersonic..well..cover your ears. That may waste an action but atleast your ears won't hurt. End this round by putting ryuu to sleep with Hypnosis before he can use surf.

Slowpoke- Sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooow...

Errrrr..okay...

Icy Wind-cover ears-Hypnosis

TheBlueDragon
9th January 2003, 09:20 PM
well... *bump* We could use a ref here :rolleyes: