PDA

View Full Version : Give some DAP.

Drago
13th October 2011, 03:05 AM
You know what I find difficult? Admitting that there is something good about something I hate. I hated cricket, so I didn't like to admit that I liked the song Dreadlock Holiday. I hate the Colts, so I don't like cheering for Austin Collie.

It's nice to bury the hatchet every once in a while, though. So in this thread, you too shall unload yourself the heavy burden of your hatred, if only just for a moment, to embrace the ceasefire that is DAP.

In other words, if someone/thing you hate does something you like, tell us about it in this thread here.

To get us started, it's no secret I hate Family Guy. However, every now and then, I come across a scene I find funny. My dap is to share one with y'all here.

feAlOzra7LQ

mattbcl
13th October 2011, 05:41 AM
I have to apologize to my girlfriend for this one, because I actually rather hate Slipknot. It's hard to find a bigger fan than her, but when I hear them playing, I usually look for something else to listen to or I leave the room. Too heavy, too dark, too vulgar, too much roaring for my tastes. So imagine my surprise when I heard this gem on the radio, thinking it was Stone Sour, only to have the DJ say quite otherwise. I've had occasion to practice singing it with a friend of mine.

LXEKuttVRIo

shazza
13th October 2011, 11:08 AM
I hate Dad jokes. But I made one yesterday with my roommate: we journeyed to an alternative supermarket, and started observing the differences. I then preceded to say, "Even the staff are different!"

That's a pretty lame Dad joke, but I loved it!

MeLoVeGhOsTs
13th October 2011, 12:29 PM
Same with Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Although they're all great musicians, I don't like the vocalist and thus I don't really like the peppers in general. I absolutely adore Give it Away and Can't Stop, though. Hates me to admit it everytime, great stuff.

Blademaster
13th October 2011, 01:27 PM
What's 'DAP' stand for?

Katie
13th October 2011, 03:45 PM
I thought it was this (http://www.amazon.com/DAP-Appeasing-Pheromone-Electric-Diffuser/dp/B000O5HUEA).

My dog has separation anxiety; it did fuck all.

Drago
13th October 2011, 05:20 PM
It is a term derived from the fist bump gesture, effectively meaning a show of respect. I only capitalized it to emphasize it. Failing that, it can stand for Democratic Action Party.

Magmar
14th October 2011, 04:23 PM
I don't generally go for generic "hard" alternative rock, but "Caught in the Rain" by Revis is one of my favorite songs ever.