PDA

View Full Version : 8-7-04 to 22-2-05 archive 35 Galloping Heebeejeebies Road, Smiley Town

mistysakura
31st January 2005, 04:28 AM
Well, I've just finished the summer hols, so no exams for me for 4 months. And then... don't want to think about it jsut yet. Serious work starts now (although the way I procrastinate, I probably won't notice it until it all piles up.)

PancaKe
31st January 2005, 04:40 AM
I think everyone here procrastinates.

Hey, has anyone seen Gavin?

Sceptile_Master
31st January 2005, 01:34 PM
Dunno where he is. Anyhoo I'm really worried about my end of secondary school exams. All I need is 4 C's to get into colledge, I'll try my best.

PS. PancaKe, I like your crazy smile fics. There are real crazy LOL.

Greyfox
31st January 2005, 07:10 PM
Anyhoo I'm really worried about my end of secondary school exams. All I need is 4 C's to get into colledge, I'll try my best.You might wanna try a little harder than that, Ess_Emm...

-Spell Check'd

Tainted
31st January 2005, 07:56 PM
You'd think it'd be a prerequisite to be able to spell college to be allowed in.

On a side note: My first semester had all the core subjects, so my second will be ridiculously easy.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Greyfox
31st January 2005, 08:20 PM
And now, for no reason whatsoever, the chorus to "Buddy Holly"...

Woo-ee-oo I look just like Buddy Holly (http://onfinite.com/libraries/308222/170.jpg)

Oh-oh, and you're Mary Tyler Moore

I don't care what they say about us anyway

I don't care 'bout that

-Weezer'd

PancaKe
1st February 2005, 12:33 AM
<3 @ glasses.

they rock. ^.^ I wanted this mad pair of sunglasses with white thick frames that made me appear like a thirties actress but I was tight and didnt spend $10 on them :( now i realy regret it.

Greyfox
1st February 2005, 01:29 AM
I spent an entire dollar on them, and where them whenever I can... despite how bad they are for my eyes... :heh:

But seriously, they make me look like a skinny Drew Carey. :no:

-Grey

PancaKe
1st February 2005, 02:32 AM
if they're bad for your eyes just punch out the lenses *shrugs*

Greyfox
1st February 2005, 02:57 AM
Sounds like a plan...

Although then it would be too obvious, and I'd have to keep answering questions--"Why are you wearing frames?"

I'll just leave 'em the way they are...

-Grey

PancaKe
1st February 2005, 03:05 AM
True, i hate those questions. "Why are you wearing this?" "why are you wearing your big fuzzy dinosaur slippers?" "why are you wearing so many bracelets?" "why do you have a shoelace tied around your head?" "Why did you do your hair pink?"

BECUZ I DAMN WANTED TO! GARH!!!

^.^

Greyfox
1st February 2005, 03:17 AM
"What are you doing in my house, Grey?" "Why aren't you whering pants, Grey?" "Why don't you stop hitting people with baseball bats, Grey?"

I keep telling them, "Because I feel like it, gah!" But no one listens... -_-;;

-Not Wearing Pants'd

PancaKe
1st February 2005, 03:24 AM
wow this is strange

im not wearing pants either. only my boxors and undies :) (and a top and a bra as well)
(and a few bracelets)

Greyfox
1st February 2005, 03:43 AM
That's awkward...

-Falls Asleep'd

Sceptile_Master
1st February 2005, 10:50 AM
Boxers and undies. Never heard that one before. Anyhoo dropped French today w00t. I was looking at how my grades are looking at the moment with my form tutor and going over them with her as you do, so:

Mixed Science: B
English: C
Maths: C/B border line
History: C
RS: E (man I'm crap)
Resistant Materials: C
French: D

Anyways, my form tutor said the french teacher said I should probably drop French, and she probably won't enter me for it anyways as my coursework is pretty poor and I probably wont get a C in it anyways and it would benrfit my other subjects. So anyways it took me a while to be talked into but I then agreed. So then I spent all french today doing Resistant materials drawing a Latias to burn into my work LOL. Anyways I seem to today have picked up a craze for Lati@s. For some reason I just want ot grab my ruby cart (which unfortunatly only has a Latios on it with 0 IV's in everything) and train them to lv:100.

Err.... well see ya for now.

mr_pikachu
2nd February 2005, 12:59 AM
PancaKe, you know, I've been wondering about Gavin as well. I had expected him to copy my lists over to the first post of the General FFRO thread (with some sarcastic comment, naturally; I'd do the same thing), but he hasn't. ...I don't think he has, at least. Maybe I should go check...?

S_M, methinks you should focus a little less on Ruby and a little more on schoolwork for the time being. I'm not sure what your "RS" course stands for (unless that's a reference to Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire...), but... uh... I'm guessing an "E" is a pretty undesirable grade. (We skip over "E" and have "F" as our lowest grade. Don't ask me why; it makes no sense. Let's just leave it at that.) If you want to get into college, it's very unwise to aim for the lowest grade possible that will get you in. Not a good idea.

Arbiter, I think you could always just put clear frames in place of the ones that warp your eyes. Would that work?

And boxers and undies... no comment. :X

Anyway, the exams draw closer... *sigh* I just want to get them over with...

*runs off to check the FFRO thread*

mistysakura
2nd February 2005, 03:47 AM
True, I haven't seen Gavin in a while. I know it's year 12 and all, but he hasn't been seen for a while before school started either. But then again, I do the mysterious disappearance thing too. He'd better show up soon though, or he'll have admins to answer to...

I don't get Sceptile_Master's courses... What's Resistant Materials and RS? Oh yeah, and study's more important than Pokemon.

mr_pikachu
2nd February 2005, 04:42 AM
Hey, I didn't say school was more important than Pokemon! But you have to take care of business in school in order to play Pokemon. Think about it. If you do badly in school, not only will your parents probably decrease your allowance, but you may also get fewer presents at holidays, which could mean the loss of Pokemon games! El gaspo! And if you can't get a good job when you get out of school, you won't earn enough money to buy the Pokemon games! You'll have to choose between getting to eat and getting to play Pokemon! (Tough choice, actually...)

Scared yet? Good. :D

*laughs sinisterly*

PancaKe
2nd February 2005, 05:49 AM
I've got gavins mobile number i think i might try and contact him when i get credit ^.^

anyway... whats wrong with boxors and undies? it's uncomfortable and kind of painful if i dont wear underwear when i wear boxors. And they're my pajamas anyway (even tho i do wear em under jeans sumtimes).

oh! and gues wat. I got sum pics of my pinkish hair. it had faded by the time these pics were taken and its hard to see. which is a pity cuz it was great. its more an orangish pinkish - now its blue black :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/helga_the_strong/pinkhair2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/helga_the_strong/pinkhair1.jpg

Suite Madame Blue
2nd February 2005, 08:54 AM
Yeah, you can still kind of see the pink. Cute pics, by the way. You have a great smile.

There's nothing wrong with boxers and undies. If you're a girl that's the only way to wear 'em because of the way they're cut. I don't know about under jeans though. Too much fabric to deal with.

Sceptile_Master
2nd February 2005, 10:40 AM
RS is Religous Studies and Resistant Materials is a technology subject. All I need is 4 C's to get into college. I get adouble grade for Maths, Mixed Science and resistant materials anyways. And pokemon hasn't been interfering with my work, I just decided to put a Latias and a Latios on my work.

Anyhoo, PancaKe you look really diffrerent in those picks, I like the pink though. It would be cool if you could see it at the front as well. And I didn't say anything negative about boxers and undies, I wouldn't know about that (being a man that is :jump:).

On other subjects I'm hungry so I am going to get something to munch on, bye.

mr_pikachu
2nd February 2005, 08:31 PM
Tara, I didn't mean that wearing boxers and undies was bad. I was just a little surprised that you declared it openly online. That's all. By the way, the pictures look good. It's hard to say if they would have been better with the original level of the hair color, but it seemed pretty nice from what I saw. Oh, did you just get pink streaks or did you initially have all of your hair dyed? Just wondering.

And S_M, I suppose what you shoot for is up to you, but I'd think it'd be easier to get the grades you need if you shoot for at least a little above that... but maybe that's just me. I dunno. Whatever works, I suppose. *shrugs*

Wait, huh? Tara's got Gav's number? Aw, heck, I'll call him! Just post the number here, where all of TPM can see it...

*prepares to incite flood of callers to attack Gavin's phone*

:D

PancaKe
2nd February 2005, 11:58 PM
sif im posting gavins number online. pfft.

^.^ hopefully theres a pic with lots fo pink in my hair. yeah it was only like, streaked but it ws still PINK! ^.^ but we have 2 get those photos developed *sigh* so broke. so lazy.

well now i have to write a story about something "boring". so mine is about tofu and beans :P (tofu = most boring food ever)

mistysakura
3rd February 2005, 03:55 AM
Interesting story, heh. The pink looks quite good, but because it's faded out, it doesn't seem to make much of a difference from the front. Good photos though. And the away topic's a good idea, even if it's a bit melodramatic, heh. Post so people don't think you're dead, lol. *wonders how Gavin's going*

Leon-IH
3rd February 2005, 04:35 AM
<Insert image of me snarling at PancaKe for making fun of tofu here>

Grr.. I'm a vegetarian (not a 'meat is murder' vegetarian, a sane vegtarian who's never had meat cause my parents don't and It'd make me sick now) and I like tofu :P

On a side note Tofu is good if you know how to cook it. Keep in mind it's not really a food, it's a base for other food.

Sceptile, 4 C's shouldn't be hard hehe.. if only you knew what Australians have to get for a chance at anything half way good :(

Also, lets not get into what we are all wearing or... god knows.

PancaKe
3rd February 2005, 04:39 AM
IM WEARING PINK BOXORS AND UNDIES A JUMPER WITH NO SLEEVES AND A HOOD AND BIG FUZZY PURPLE DINOSAUR SLIPPERS!

:D my boxors rock

Sceptile_Master
3rd February 2005, 11:39 AM
Tofu actually is quite amazingly good. So is haggis LOL.

PancaKe
4th February 2005, 01:03 AM
^.^ I thought tofu was boring. haggis is still on my "to try" list. Personally, escargo are realy nice :-)

Gavin Luper
4th February 2005, 02:23 AM
I'M ALIVE!

Egad, it's like I haven't been here in ages ... thank God I am back because I was quite seriously beginning to lose my sanity. Sorry I was away for so long, although it's nice to see that people were so concerned about me in my absence. Sadly I missed the boxers and undies conversation ... however I can say I would rather eat tofu than HAGGIS.

Ecch.

Anyway, my absence was so prolonged because of a few things. First, we had people up here. Then I had a few days of going to the beach, working, etc. And by the time all that was done I managed to get myself banned from the computer for two weeks, so yeah ... it's been hectic. But I'm back now.

I have to go back to writing LTL now; since I returned to school my inspiration has flooded back, so with any luck we could be looking at Chapter 52 soon [how many times have I said that?]

Cheers!

Greyfox
5th February 2005, 12:06 AM
Grey is wearing pants--what is wrong with the rest of you? :what:

-Grey

mr_pikachu
5th February 2005, 02:34 AM
Gavin's back! Yay! And... he still hasn't transferred my list to the first post of the FFRO...

*growls*

Anyway, it's good to have you back. Maybe you'll finish the chapter by the time 2006 begins? Or is that too much to hope for? ;) Nah, it's fine.

You're fretting about tofu? See, you need to use strategy in your food choices. I eat Cheetos all the time, for instance. Why? It is composed of two elements: Cheddar cheese flavoring (a dairy product) and the corn that makes up the heart of the Cheeto (a vegetable). I'm also fond of coconut-battered fried shrimp. (It's made of a fish product, a grain product, and a... fruit product? Meh, it has three food groups. That's what counts. :))

And as soon as I think of a question for the Fanfic Trivia Game, I'm off to bed. I'm up too late again. :wave:

PancaKe
6th February 2005, 03:53 AM
*hugs gavin*

^.^ *dances* i am actually wearing pants today :-)

Sceptile_Master
6th February 2005, 06:16 AM

o.0 your acting like it's out of the norm to wear pants. Anyhoo washing my mums car today in exchange for paintshop pro ver. 8, man I hope it's worth it.

Greyfox
6th February 2005, 10:01 PM
*hugs gavin*

If only I had a nickel for every time I heard that...

-Grey

... I'd have a dime... -.-

PancaKe
6th February 2005, 10:24 PM
well I usually wear some form of pants.

but today i am wearing my school skirt.

its black.

Suite Madame Blue
7th February 2005, 12:33 AM
Pants! Pants! Sing the praises of pants! [/obscure MST reference]

Jeans are my pants of choice. With no boxers underneath. I live in jeans. I'm wearing them right now. *Hands Grey a nickel*

Gavin: welcome back to the madness! :nut:

Greyfox
7th February 2005, 02:49 AM
*Hands Grey a nickel*
Aww yeah! Grey is gon' be rich.

I am presently wearing khaki's... they're comfortable, but there's a small blue paint stain on them from where I was painting stools for the church. It was interesting. But I never go commando... wait... why am I talking about my under region to strangers? I don't know you guys well enough to go that far...

-Rollin in the Dough'd

dratinihaunter13
7th February 2005, 01:03 PM
i like rolling out of bed in my plaid pajama pants and boxers, wash my face and go to class. yeah.. that's the life..

PancaKe
7th February 2005, 11:05 PM
^.^ I want to wear my pajama pants to church one day. I once wore them to youth group :-)

I wear my slippers out though. My big fuzzy purple dinosaur feet slippers .I wore them to central station (middle of sydney train station thingy) and went walking around there.

all these slipknot fans thought i was so freaky.

http://www.pamf.org/images/stock/punk.jpg

standard look for a rock concert.

Mewfour
9th February 2005, 11:27 AM
all these slipknot fans thought i was so freaky.

http://www.pamf.org/images/stock/punk.jpg

standard look for a rock concert.

So you claim to be a "Jesus Freak", and you go a Slipknot concert?

No, I'm not implying anything. This stupid post is a tool to test my new av. It's a TRAVATAR, GET IT?? HAHAHAHAHAA!!! Haa haaa.... haaaaaaa..... yeah okay so it isn't that funny....

Greyfox
9th February 2005, 01:55 PM
So you claim to be a "Jesus Freak", and you go a Slipknot concert?

Who says you can't love Jesus and heavy metal?

-Not Me'd

Mewfour
9th February 2005, 06:19 PM
Who says you can't love Jesus and heavy metal?

-Not Me'd

I'll give you a day or so to think about what you just said.

The Blue Avenger
9th February 2005, 08:03 PM
"Jesus threw up the horns?"

"Yeah, Jesus is ****ing metal."

-Penny Arcade

PancaKe
10th February 2005, 01:07 AM
what the heck?

I <3 Jesus.

I also happen to like the heavy metal genre of music.

Just because I like my metal doesnt mean that I'm a wrist slitting gothic bit*ch.

*sigh* stereotypes suck.

Whisper in the Wind
10th February 2005, 05:27 AM
what the heck?

I <3 Jesus.

Just because I like my metal doesnt mean that I'm a wrist slitting gothic bit*ch.

*sigh* stereotypes suck.
Stereotypes make present day what it is. But when you consider the two stereotypes for a Christian and a fan of Heavy Metal, it is odd to be a "jesusfreak" and like heavy metal considering how much of heavy metal is blasphimus (sp?), not to mention all the intentional "anti-christ" stuff that sooooooo many heavy metal bands try to portray.

I also find metal is kind of a haven for those who have lost all faith in life, while a christian is potrayed to have faith in god etc (just a thought).

On another note, the wrist-slitting relates more to gothic music than heavy metal IMO, but it's not like that form of suicide/suicide attempts is confined to metal. People who don't like metal at all have tried wrist-slitting, so it's kinda annoying how that is how someone who likes metal is potrayed.

[Edit: Did any of this make sense? Looks like a rambled in random ways looking back on it]

Leon-IH
10th February 2005, 06:58 AM
On another note, the wrist-slitting relates more to gothic music than heavy metal IMO, but it's not like that form of suicide/suicide attempts is confined to metal.

Heavy Metal yes.. death metal heck no, but some people get death confused with gothic music. :(

I'm getting a discman soon - w00t. Seriously: WOOT!

On a side note Arkangel's 'Dead man walking' album is gold, if you like the heavier end of metal buy it. If not stear well clear of it :)

Greyfox
10th February 2005, 03:59 PM
what the heck?

I <3 Jesus.

*sigh* stereotypes suck.
I'm gonna agree with her on this one.

Jesus loves everything--including heavy metal...

Second'd

The Blue Avenger
10th February 2005, 05:56 PM
what the heck?

Okay, I feel I have a moral obligation to have you go read the Penny Arcade web comics. Go. Now. Unless you really can't stand foul language, you have no excuse.

Mewfour
10th February 2005, 08:45 PM
What? Gavin's not dead? Then who's that in the trunk of my car?

Tainted
10th February 2005, 09:01 PM
*peers into the trunk*
Damn it, Mewfour, did you mistake Bjarni for Gavin again?

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

PancaKe
11th February 2005, 01:39 AM
What? Gavin's not dead? Then who's that in the trunk of my car?

lmao

Greyfox
11th February 2005, 04:05 AM
I think that we should a make a note for the future. If anyone plans to kidnap any member of TPM and hide them in their trunk, please make sure that you've got the right person. Can't be havin' those "accidental kidnappings", mmkay? 'Cuz that would be very awkward. :heh:

-Ransom'd

The Blue Avenger
11th February 2005, 03:06 PM
But... was it a bad thing that the wrong person was kidnapped? I mean, Bjarni's not here anymore.

PancaKe
12th February 2005, 12:21 AM
Isn't Bjarni just banned?

Andrew
12th February 2005, 12:30 AM
Correct.

Did you like my sms tara?

PancaKe
12th February 2005, 02:55 AM
yes. I was surprised by it. It was really cool - my frendz were like "what? who messaged you?" ^.^ But you're wasting my credit dude! (grrr)

Leon-IH
12th February 2005, 06:32 AM
Isn't Bjarni just banned?

Ok, I take it as my civil duty to hunt him down and smash all his fingers.

'Accidental' kidnapping rules. Penny Arcade also rules.

On the whole metal thing I feel it is my duty to mention the non-electro gothic death thrash end of things has a pretty christian influence.

Mewfour
12th February 2005, 11:18 PM
Hm, I take it that this "Bjarni" character was even more annoying than I? *sigh* Reminds me of the Official Lynch Mewfour Club of old.....

Suite Madame Blue
13th February 2005, 12:40 AM
But at least you're amusing.

PancaKe
13th February 2005, 01:09 AM
M4 : amusing whiney b!tch

Bjarni : whiney b!tch

does that make it better?

Mewfour
13th February 2005, 01:39 AM
M4 : amusing whiney b!tch

Bjarni : whiney b!tch

does that make it better?

That's Mister Amusing Whiney Bitch, thank you. :drool:

PancaKe
13th February 2005, 01:45 AM
fine.

M4: Mister Amusing Whiney Bitch

Bjarni: Whiney Bitch

mr_pikachu
13th February 2005, 04:55 AM
M4: Mister Masterfully Miniscule Moron.

See? M4? 4 Ms? Huh? Huh? HUH?!

Aw, forget it.

On a side note, I've had more schoolwork this past week than I care to mention. It was the longest week I've ever had. Time to go to sleep now...

(Zzzzzzzz...)

PancaKe
13th February 2005, 05:01 AM
mr pikachu.

i expected better humor from you.

sigh. tsk tsk tsk

mr_pikachu
13th February 2005, 05:10 AM
Well, unless you want me to go back to the old Tara/Ryan jokes, then I've got nothing. Sorry.

And this time I really am going to bed. Really!

PancaKe
13th February 2005, 05:14 AM
lol I dont care. I dont really remember if i got annoyed with the tara ryan jokes anyway :P

dratinihaunter13
13th February 2005, 05:53 AM
i just got 9 stitches on two fingers, so my world is now lefthanded. it's tough. i'd tell the story but it takes`too long to type :(

Andrew
13th February 2005, 06:17 AM
Record it via microphone and host it on the intarweb DH!

Leon-IH
13th February 2005, 06:23 AM
fine.

M4: Mister Amusing Whiney Bitch

Bjarni: Whiney Bitch

Man, I didn't realise you could have a mister amusing whiney female dog.. isn't that a hermaphrodite?

9 stitches sounds suckage dratini but look at it this way, at least you can type slowly

PancaKe
13th February 2005, 03:49 PM

lol. I'd listen to that

LilyPichu
13th February 2005, 05:59 PM
Smilie...town....?

o.o How fascinating.

8D;; Is it just like a 'what's up' kind of thread?

Andrew
13th February 2005, 06:03 PM
Smiley Town is pretty much a fanfic chat thread... *Shrug*

mr_pikachu
13th February 2005, 10:31 PM

Even better, you should've recorded the surgery itself! :scared: But why did you get stitches? ...Oh, wait. Right. Too long to type. Sorry.

And Tara, I heard you did from... a source. A source that knows you well. The post in question was earlier in this thread, actually.

EDIT: Tara's post highlighted a grammar mistake I made... I was tired. So sue me.

Greyfox
15th February 2005, 02:31 AM
Doubleyou-zero-zero-seven-exclamation.point :heh:

I spent the entire weekend working on a completely new novel. First chapter is sixty pages long :oh: ...

I uploaded it here, but for some reason, I couldn't fit it into a single post... (it's only 203,776 bytes :heh:), so I had to span it out into three separate ones...

</shamelessplug>

-W007!'d

PancaKe
15th February 2005, 05:31 AM
Even better, you should've recorded the surgery itself! :scared: But why did you get stitches? ...Oh, wait. Right. Too long to type. Sorry.

And Tara, I heard you did from... a source. A source that knows you well. It post in question was earlier in this thread, actually.

did i alreday get angry at you? or was that ryan? i dont remember :cry:

Suite Madame Blue
16th February 2005, 09:47 AM
Tons of plastic surgery, and he doesn't get a flu shot? Seconded on the moron label. Of course, his handlers are morons too: somebody should have learned the word "no" a long time ago, and said it to Michael:

"No, Mr. Jackson you shouldn't get another nose job."
"No, you shouldn't buy The Elephant Man."
"Don't bleach your skin."
"No sir, having unsupervised sleepovers with children is a bad idea."

You get the picture. Michael is Freud's cocaine-induced wet dream. Too bad his last great album was Thriller. After that he subjected us to crap like Man in the Mirror.

Mewfour
16th February 2005, 11:23 AM
Seriously, is he even human anymore? He's a whackjob beyond belief

mr_pikachu
16th February 2005, 12:22 PM
Let's just say that I think he was more respectable in the Jackson 5 than he is now. Enough said.

And, changing the subject, doesn't anyone want to guess at the new Trivia Game question? C'mon, it's no fun if nobody plays! :(

PancaKe
17th February 2005, 05:49 AM
Mr Jackson has a "skin pigmentation disorder."

and mr pika - I'd play but I dont know the answer :P lol ^.^ well, everybody go play or ill bring out the mod whacky-stick again.

Leon-IH
17th February 2005, 05:51 AM
Freud's cocaine-induced wet dream.

Freud was capable of that?... some questions should not be posed.

Michael Jackson should be shot for saying it doesn't matter if your black or white then becoming white. Stupid ass.

I've got a good idea for a game: Essay Warfare.

Someone starts it by posting a full essay on a controversial subject then everyone debates it until fanfic becomes a bigger flamewar than misc!

Damn sarcasm doesn't convey in text.

Had school photo's yesterday, so I'm now hoping my lip doesn't show up too much (it's split big time from sunburn) and that I don't look like an out of work undertaker.

Bright Lights make me look really stupid cause I get all sleepy eyed and dazed looking.

PancaKe
17th February 2005, 05:56 AM
bright lights are the reason i hate my license foto.

Suite Madame Blue
17th February 2005, 09:16 AM
Mr Jackson has a "skin pigmentation disorder."
Tell it to Oprah. Oh wait, he already did 10 years ago. I didn't believe it then either. He's too all-around weird for credibility.

Cocaine-induced as in weirdness factor. Freud seemed fixated on the idea that anything even slightly abnormal was analyzable. He would have given his right arm to get an aging pop star on his couch who was a former child star, abused by his father, had no childhood to speak of, etc.

Bright Lights make me look really stupid cause I get all sleepy eyed and dazed looking.
The trick to being on the receiving end of flash photography is to not look directly at the camera. Focus on a point just past the photographer's ear, or behind the camera, if it's on a tripod. That will help you keep your eyes open wider.

mr_pikachu
17th February 2005, 01:22 PM
Cocaine-induced as in weirdness factor. Freud seemed fixated on the idea that anything even slightly abnormal was analyzable. He would have given his right arm to get an aging pop star on his couch who was a former child star, abused by his father, had no childhood to speak of, etc.

Erm... somehow I have a feeling that that wasn't the part of the sentence that Leon was referring to... :P

Suite Madame Blue
17th February 2005, 10:39 PM
Erm... somehow I have a feeling that that wasn't the part of the sentence that Leon was referring to... :P
Well, I figured the rest was self-explanatory... :lol:

starjake
17th February 2005, 11:19 PM

What? People aren't supposed to be sleepy-eyed and dazed-looking?

People tell me that's my permanent expression...

mr_pikachu
17th February 2005, 11:22 PM
If it's earlier than 2:00 P.M., that's how I look. I'm not a morning person.

On a side note, I just got done with a downright evil homework assignment where we had to use a computer program that we'll use, in total, maybe three times all semester. And we don't use if for any quizzes or tests, which makes me wonder what the point of it is. As long as we understand the concepts by hand, I don't see why we have to enter a bunch of (probably error-filled) code into a computer. It just doesn't make sense to me. And it ate up five hours of my day. :grumble:

PancaKe
19th February 2005, 04:36 AM
What? People aren't supposed to be sleepy-eyed and dazed-looking?

People tell me that's my permanent expression...

I look that way at the moment ^_^; I'm sick *bleh*

Leon-IH
19th February 2005, 04:48 AM
Well, my day has been wierd in an unusual way.

First cause my friend was sleepin over I got up early.
Then we messed around for 4 or so hours.
We got Chips and Potato Cakes cooked in clean oil which tastes AWFUL.
He left about 6pm.
And I've been messing around with Poetry (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=559203#post559203) ever since.

Fear the shameless plug for the entire poetry thread.

The Decapitated Mole
19th February 2005, 05:37 AM
Heh. The last time I slept over one of my friends house there were like 5 other guys there and we went to bed at like 1, and then at 4 he started dancing and singing to some old song that he was playing really loudly and woke us all up. It was funny.

o_0
jimm

Tainted
19th February 2005, 08:15 AM
I don't sleep over at places anymore-- the only time this happens, it's not a sleep over, it's a "Hey I'm drunk, mind if I pass out at your house instead of walking home?"
"Sure."

And then we'll wake up at noon the next morning and grab some Little Caesars, since Little Caesars is the best food to cure a hangover in my opinion. Well, Little Caesars coupled with walking all the way there always gets rid of my hangover. Then we'll each eat a whole medium pizza, it's a special routine me and my drinking buddy always follow.

It never fails, either. Never.

I would ask what everybody elses hangover cures are here, but I don't think many of you drink.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Suite Madame Blue
19th February 2005, 11:50 AM
Hangovers are caused by dehydration and, in my opinion, too much sugar in the system. I have felt hungover the morning after eating lots of ice cream. My hangover cure is simple: A pre-emptive strike with Tylenol and lots of water before I go to sleep. When I wake up, it's more Tylenol and more non-alcoholic fluids.

mr_pikachu
19th February 2005, 04:07 PM
My hangover cure is the simplest of all: Don't drink. Why hasn't anyone else thought of this?

It's like all those books that rave about different dieting strategies. Here's a simple approach: Eat less, exercise more.

I should write a book. Really, I should. ;)

P.S. I believe that sugar also may drain your body's water resources, so chowing down on ice cream that could potentially have the same effect as alcohol when eaten in massive amounts. That is, if I'm correct about sugar's side-effect.

Leon-IH
19th February 2005, 11:55 PM
I believe that sugar also may drain your body's water resources.

Yep, it does this to allow you to MOVE, sugar is your friend.

Very Cold water is a good cure for hangovers cause the main reason you get them is booze absorbing the water in your body.

PancaKe
20th February 2005, 01:11 AM
Yep, it does this to allow you to MOVE, sugar is your friend.

Very Cold water is a good cure for hangovers cause the main reason you get them is booze absorbing the water in your body.

apparently cold water is bad for u or something. I heard that tap water/room temperature water was much healthier. But I have no idea where I heard that from

Tainted
20th February 2005, 08:12 AM
Yeah, I heard cold water sends your body into shock if you're hungover and makes your headaches worse.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Suite Madame Blue
20th February 2005, 10:10 PM
Just thinking about having cold water when I'm drunk makes me feel ill. Cold from the tap maybe, but ice water? No way.

Never saw Harold and Kumar, but I've heard of it. Cheech & Chong's Next Movie is my personal favorite. The truck made of pot is awesome!

PancaKe
20th February 2005, 10:53 PM
When I said the cold water thing - I wasn't just talkin about getting drunk. I heard that in general, its not as good for you as room temp water. ^_^ lol sif I'd get drunk. Can you imagine that?

Tainted
21st February 2005, 06:59 AM
When I said the cold water thing - I wasn't just talkin about getting drunk. I heard that in general, its not as good for you as room temp water. ^_^ lol sif I'd get drunk. Can you imagine that?

Maybe it'd mellow you out.

I have this really hyper friend that we always tease and shit and tell him he has ADHD. So one time I ended up partying with him and when he was drunk he just chilled on the couch and bobbed his head to the music. It was quite funny, because he kept telling me to calm down, when in a normal every day situation it would be the opposite.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

mr_pikachu
26th February 2005, 03:56 AM
Some people think of fanfiction writing as something to do to pass the time. I used to think of it in similar terms. But now, it's something more. I mean, not only do I get to entertain people and learn about the writing process, but I get to train for a possible profession. (Yes, some people do still write for a living, despite the glamour of television and movies.) And even better, it's fun to do so. Not to mention the fact that the people here are great. :yes:

I need to do a pic... :lol:

EDIT: Something I've been wondering... Tara, why does your sig feature kainashi in humongous letters? Just curious.

And I guess I'll post another Fanfic Trivia question...

PancaKe
4th March 2005, 12:16 AM
you used to be shiny marill right?

Sometimes a name change can be like, a makeover. It makes you view a person in a totally different way.
^_^