View Full Version : The Fanfic Trivia Game v.2

Pages : [1] 2

mr_pikachu
20th July 2005, 03:04 AM
Fanfiction Trivia – Version 2

Original Concept by Gavin Luper
Originally Started by mr_pikachu

Workers: Gavin Luper, mistysakura, darktyranitar, mr_pikachu

NOTE: If there are any discrepancies in the list of the plaques that you own or in your score, please post regarding the error in this thread so that we can fix the problem.

NEW RULES BOLDED, UNDERLINED AND ITALICIZED.

(Note: Please read through all of the rules before participating. It’ll be helpful if everyone understands how this works from the beginning.)

Basic Rules of the Game

Basically, this game revolves around people asking trivia questions about fanfics on the Fanfiction forum on The PokéMasters (old or current), and others answering the questions. For each question that you answer correctly, you get one non-legendary Pokémon plaque. The plaque that will be awarded should be announced by the person who asks the question when it is posted. You also get 10 points for each question you answer. (These will be tracked on the first post of the game.) Whenever you correctly answer a trivia question to get a multiple of 200 points, one of the workers will award you a legendary Pokémon plaque instead of the normal plaque for the question.

What can you do with a Pokémon plaque?

Well, you can trade them with others who have won plaques, and you can obviously brag about them. You are also free to create a website listing the plaques you’ve won, and/or list them in your signature, providing that listing them wouldn’t make your sig longer than the regular TPM rules allow. You may trade them as well, but please post here to let us know if and when you do. We need to know to keep track of what everyone has won.

More In-Depth Rules

1. This game will start with the first trivia question that is posted. That will be at the bottom of this post. There is no penalty for a wrong answer. However, if there are a total of fifteen incorrect guesses on the same trivia question before someone gets it correct, or if ten days go by after the question is posted without a correct answer, the person who posted the question will be given the points and the plaque. (This number may be increased or decreased in the future, depending on how quickly the questions are answered.) In that case, one of the workers will then post the next question. Otherwise, the member who correctly answered the question will post the next one. The scores and plaque lists for everyone will be listed on the first post of this thread.

2. Questions may involve aspects of a certain fic (that is named in the question), or may ask what fanfic the question describes, what author it describes, etc. You get the idea. Basically, anything that involves fanfics on TPM is fair game.

3. Don’t post questions that could clearly have more than one answer. For instance, don’t ask things like, “Which fanfic features Pikachu?” unless you’ve looked through all the fanfics in a reasonable time period from page one of the regular Fanfic page and only one features Pikachu. (For best results, you should usually specify a time period in your question.) Try to ask more creative and specific questions, such as “Which fanfic featured two twins who had a Plusle and Minun as their starter Pokémon?” If it’s more specific like the second example, you probably won’t need to check a bunch of fics on the boards which makes things easier on everyone. Don’t ask impossible questions either, though. Please try to make a question that is of a challenging, yet realistic level of difficulty.

4. Don’t ask questions relating to fanfics that you’ve written. For instance, it would be bad if I asked something like, “What fanfic features Ash as he returns from Hoenn to Cerulean City to see Misty?” The answer would be one of the fanfics I’ve done in the past, so it would be blatantly obvious that it was my work. Also, please refrain from answering questions that relate to your own fanfic. It makes things a lot more interesting if the readers have to come up with the answers. Plus, it promotes fanfic reading for everyone.

5. Just to be clear, the answer should apply to the forum at the time the question is posted. If a second fanfic adds a characteristic that would make the question have an additional answer, that extra answer will not be considered correct. Check post dates if you’re uncertain.

LEGENDARY LIST: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys

Also, please do not yet award any plaques of Pokémon from the upcoming Diamond and Pearl games. Once those games are released outside of Japan, this rule will cease to be in effect.

On a final note, I want to add that there may be special events involving this game, if it is popular enough. Keep your eyes peeled for these big opportunities!

Since the end of the original thread got hacked off, it’s impossible to tell who was supposed to do the next question. So, I’ll go ahead and give one. This will be for a Pineco plaque.

What fanfic, which was started within the last six months, focuses on Brock Stone’s quest to capture Ho-oh?

Point Standings

1. mr_pikachu - 200 points

2. mistysakura - 120 points

3. Lady Vulpix - 90 points

4. Blademaster - 80 points

5. darktyranitar - 70 points

6. Captain Pringle - 60 points

T7. Charizard04621 - 50 points
T7. classy_cat18 - 50 points

T9. dratinihaunter13 - 40 points
T9. Master of Paradox - 40 points
T9. Charles Legend - 40 points

T12. Damian Silverblade - 30 points
T12. Dragonfree - 30 points
T12. Evil Mewf0ur - 30 points

T15. Suite Madame Blue - 20 points
T15. The Decapitated Mole - 20 points
T15. Darien Shields - 20 points
T15. Tainted - 20 points
T15. Gavin Luper - 20 points
T15. Dark Sage - 20 points
T15. jkBAKURA - 20 points

T22. Onimusha - 10 points
T22. Shadow Djinn - 10 points
T22. PancaKe - 10 points
T22. starjake - 10 points
T22. Saffire Persian - 10 points

Plaques Owned

Blademaster - Hitmonlee, Girafarig, Solrock, Mr. Mime, Dragonite, Spoink, Staryu, Jigglypuff

Captain Pringle - Taillow, Rapidash, Diglett, Croconaw, Wigglytuff, Scizor

Charizard04621 - Oddish, Blastoise, Kakuna, Feraligatr, Jigglypuff

Charles Legend - Exeggcute, Electabuzz, Charizard, Magnezone

classy_cat18 - Meowth, Smeargle, Seviper, Pichu, Persian

Damian Silverblade - Starmie, Onix, Sneasel

Darien Shields - Pineco, Beldum

Dark Sage - Gastly, Vaporeon

darktyranitar - Natu, Gengar, Caterpie, Lunatone, Farfetch'd, Eevee, Castform

Dragonfree - Magmar, Seviper, Torchic

dratinihaunter13 - Houndour, Squirtle, Spinarak, Houndoom

Evil Mewf0ur - Unown x2, Ivysaur

Gavin Luper - Sableye, Mudkip

jkBAKURA - Altaria, Aerodactyl

Lady Vulpix - Parasect, Kangaskhan, Butterfree, Eevee, Claydol, Sandshrew, Meowth, Smoochum, Beautifly

Master of Paradox - Larvitar, Steelix, Hoppip, Growlithe

mistysakura - Skiploom, Ninetales, Lapras, Marill, Koffing, Porygon2, Luvdisc, Milotic, Vulpix, Cubone, Miltank, Ponyta

mr_pikachu - Minun, Flygon x2, Horsea, Scyther, Torchic, Unown, Fearow, Magnemite, Lotad, Meganium, Linoone, Wartortle, Ditto, Vulpix, Dragonair, Pikachu, Tauros, Milotic, Zapdos

Onimusha - Charmander

PancaKe - Caterpie

Saffire Persian - Charizard

Shadow Djinn - Seedot

starjake - Shuckle

Suite Madame Blue - Shellder, Absol

Tainted - Gardevoir, Seviper

The Decapitated Mole - Hitmontop, Golem

(A "x#" symbol indicates that the person owns multiple copies of the same plaque, where "#" is the number of copies owned.)
(Bolded plaques are legendaries.)

(...these rankings are screwed up... oh well.)

Darien Shields
21st July 2005, 10:33 PM
Is it cheating to search the forums?

Infinite, a one shot by Lily Pichu.

mr_pikachu
22nd July 2005, 12:19 AM
That is correct! (Well, other than "LilyPichu" being one word. :wink: ) The Pineco plaque goes to you, Darien, and it's your turn to post the next question! I'll go update the scores.

Oh, and there's nothing in the rules that bars searching the forums, although I hope you'll at least read the fic now. That is, if you haven't already.

Darien Shields
22nd July 2005, 12:27 AM
This one'll be easy, considering I read so little...

What fic (posted in the last six months) features an original character with the following description: female teenage mechanic with blond hair, who is proficient in auto-mail repair.

Hum, do I get to chose the plaque that the winner gets? Well, something, fitting, Beldum.

mr_pikachu
23rd July 2005, 01:14 AM
Hmm... could this perhaps be Bloody Sword by Evil Mewfour?

...C'mon, everyone! Join in the game!

Darien Shields
23rd July 2005, 07:37 PM
Hmm... could this perhaps be Bloody Sword by Evil Mewfour?

...C'mon, everyone! Join in the game!

^_^; I didn't realise you'd replied again.

Nope, 'aven't even read that. Who in that fic meets the description?

Mewfour
2nd August 2005, 12:18 AM
Nobody.

But you'll read it if I invite you to, won't you Darien?

*loads shotgun*

Darien Shields
2nd August 2005, 05:44 PM
Nobody.

But you'll read it if I invite you to, won't you Darien?

*loads shotgun*

N-Nani? ^_^;;; Ano...

Shouldn't you be guessing?

mr_pikachu
2nd August 2005, 05:56 PM
Actually, it appears that the ten day limit has passed. So, if you could give us the correct answer, Darien, the plaque will be yours! Then one of the workers can do the next puzzle.

C'mon, everyone! This wouldn't happen so much if we had more participation! Get in the game! :smilie:

Darien Shields
2nd August 2005, 07:29 PM
Wow! Ahh, now I feel guilty for using the cool pokemon since I get it ^_^;;; I never intended to win.

The fic is "the Kyuusaisha" by the Arbiter. The character in question is Reeb. She has many similarities to Fullmetal Alchemist's Winry.

That was easy! You should have just checked what I had replied to in fan fiction to figure out what fics I read, and narrow the choices! Like I said, I only read a little...

mr_pikachu
2nd August 2005, 11:10 PM
Ah, but that method just wouldn't be right. Besides, the whole idea is for people to venture out and read the fanfics of others. What's the point of just tracking people's activity to figure it out?

Anyway, enjoy your Beldum plaque! I've updated the scores, and I've got the next question!

The following question is for a Houndoom plaque.

What piece, which had its most recent reply in the past year, is actually a how-to guide to writing poor fanfiction?

Good luck!

dratinihaunter13
3rd August 2005, 05:57 AM
i think you're talking about the parody guide iveechan made. Guide to writing R/S fiction~?

mistysakura
4th August 2005, 06:51 AM
I'll guess Dragonfree's Life of a Character, although I think dh has got it since I remember recently reading the latest chapter of my guess.

Master of Paradox
5th August 2005, 01:18 AM
Dratinihaunter got it, but I'll make it clear. It was "Guide to writing R/S Fanfiction (a parody)" by Iveechan.

mr_pikachu
8th August 2005, 11:14 PM
Indeed, dratinihaunter13 was correct. Master of Paradox was as well, but dh13 gets the plaque for being the first to give the correct answer. That fanfic by Iveechan was the correct one. So, congrats on winning the Houndoom plaque! It's your turn to do the next puzzle, dh! :smilie:

dratinihaunter13
8th August 2005, 11:31 PM
I have the Houndoom and Houndour plaque, does that mean I win anything especial?????
:(

Ok, I won't give the name of the fic. If you read it you'll know -
Give the pokemon for each nickname:
Surge-
Toidi-
Shockwave-
Amethyst-

oh, and this is for the highly coveted and sought after... koffing plaque.

mistysakura
9th August 2005, 05:33 AM
Shockwave - Pikachu
Surge - Gyarados
Toidi - Aipom
Amethyst - Golem

Meh, I'm ashamed. Had to look a couple of those up. Should really start reading Lune again... although it beats me how the average reader could have gotten Amethyst without looking it up.

EDIT: Overdue plaques. Unfortunately the server is temporarily offline, so if you want these to go into you rsig, you'll have to find your own webspace.

Darien's Pineco and Beldum, and dh's Houndoom. And for collecting both Houndour and Houndoom, dh gets a congratulations from me.

mr_pikachu
9th August 2005, 11:42 PM
Yes, dh definitely deserves congrats for that unique feat. I didn't even realize it until after I updated the scores. Well done, dh!

In other FFTG news, I've asked sesshomaru to post here identifying the unnamed plaque that was awarded in the previous version. Hopefully that post will be made soon.

dratinihaunter13
10th August 2005, 03:21 PM
yeah that question was kinda tough without looking at least a couple of the names up in a search, but ah well. maybe next one i should ask a question you can't search for... like what is the meaning of life or something.

ms is absolutely correct! and thanks for the congrats ada that's really all i wanted thank you :P enjoy the koffing plaque!

mistysakura
14th August 2005, 05:03 AM
Okay, next question: Which fic has two Pokemon characters whose names are the reverse of each other? (i.e. Abcde and Edcba) This is for a Porygon 2 plaque.

mr_pikachu
16th August 2005, 12:55 AM
On a hunch, is this "Pokemon, Asylum of the Damned Style -ASYLUMNATED-" by Mewfour (now known as Evil Mewf0ur)? It sounds exactly like the kind of thing he'd do.

mistysakura
16th August 2005, 06:18 AM
Well, unless Mewfour or someone else points the name out to me, I'm afraid that's not the correct answer. Keep guessing.

mr_pikachu
23rd August 2005, 12:17 AM
Now that I think about it, classy_cat18 may have done that in Knights to Remember... I can't put my finger on it, but there was something along those lines, I believe.

mistysakura
25th August 2005, 05:08 AM
Well, ten days have passed and no one has gotten the correct answer, which was Tiponi, Daemon League Quester (the two Pokemon in question being Mesi and Isem). So if someone else could post the next question.

mr_pikachu
25th August 2005, 06:18 AM
*smacks self* Oh, jeez. I cannot believe I didn't get that. I think eevee-shayna even had a fairly long point about that in TDLQ, if I remember correctly. I certainly feel like a fool now. Argh!

Well, the scores have been updated again to reflect that last question. And, I suppose I'll post the next one.

For a Meowth plaque:

Name the piece, completed within the last year, that is an essay on the villain from the second Pokemon movie, The Power of One.

Good luck!

Lady Vulpix
28th August 2005, 08:19 AM
This is probably wrong, but could it be Tracey's Quest?

mr_pikachu
28th August 2005, 07:00 PM
Good try, but Tracey's Quest was a fictional piece rather than an essay, and it didn't really focus on the right character.

classy_cat18
28th August 2005, 07:09 PM
Is it Dreams Confined by Blackjack Giabbani (sp?)?

mr_pikachu
28th August 2005, 07:21 PM
Precisely! "Dreams Confined--an essay" was completed in December 2004 by Blackjack Gabbiani. It was an essay, as the title suggested, on Lawrence III (or as he was called in this essay, Jirarudan). Good work, Shonta! The Meowth plaque and the right to do the next question go to you!

EDIT: The scores have been updated!

classy_cat18
28th August 2005, 07:32 PM
As the great Homer Simpson quoted, "D'oh!" *looks around* What? I haven't read that many fics! Okay, here's the question:

In what fic does the character eventually gains the tail of a Smeargle?

mr_pikachu
31st August 2005, 12:19 AM
Well, since everyone else seems to be reluctant to try, I'll take a shot.

Was it Electric Buggy to Victory! by Andrew (formerly known as OzAndrew)? There were parts that featured a Smeargle, including one section that showcased its amazing *coughcough* battle talents... I'm not sure if a Smeargle tail was ever given away, but I figure it's certainly worth a try.

classy_cat18
31st August 2005, 10:12 AM
I'm sorry, mr_pikachu, but that's not it.

mr_pikachu
5th September 2005, 10:35 PM
Wow. That's a lot of guesses... :rolleyes: C'mon, people! Join in the game!

Hmm... this sounds sort of like something A Grilled Fish would write. Could it perhaps be Squirtle's Trainer?

Gosh, I haven't read that fic in ages...

classy_cat18
5th September 2005, 11:33 PM
Still not it, but thanks for guessing.

mr_pikachu
9th September 2005, 01:20 PM
Well, it looks like the ten days have gone by without a correct response. So, if you wouldn't mind giving the answer for validation, Shonta, we can award you your plaque!

Everyone, this wouldn't happen so often if more people participated! Get in the game! :yes:

classy_cat18
9th September 2005, 02:02 PM
I get my own plaque? Gee, I wish more people would've guessed. I didn't even think up a plaque. Okay, for a Smeargle plaque, the answer was Minty Thrill by DragoKnight. Come on, no one read that chapter? Tony got knocked out and that mad scientist sowed that Smeargle tail on him! So who thinks up the next question?

mr_pikachu
9th September 2005, 02:58 PM
When you said he gained the tail of a Smeargle, I didn't realize you meant it actually became a part of him! After scanning the thread in question, I found what you were referring to. Nice question! The Smeargle plaque is yours!

I'll go ahead and post the next question, since I think I'm the only worker online at the moment.

For a Luvdisc plaque:

What fanfic, which was completed within the last three years and which can no longer be found on TPM, centered around a surprise performance in Cerulean City with similarities to an anime episode during the Indigo League saga?

EDIT: To the other workers...

In the previous version, I correctly answered a question which seeshomaru had posted. He had not announced what plaque would be awarded for the question, so I PMed him several months ago, asking him to post what plaque he had intended to award in this thread. He has still not done that. I currently have five definite plaques, with the sixth still unconfirmed.

Should we add a measure to the rules to deal with what happens when a question does not have a Pokemon assigned to it? I'm not too concerned about my own plaque, but this could easily happen to other players; after all, the Pokemon for the last question was only announced when the answer was revealed.

Mewfour
11th September 2005, 05:34 PM
Um, I'm going to go way out on a limb and take a stab in the dark.... the Indigo League?

mr_pikachu
11th September 2005, 05:54 PM
No, sorry. That's not it. Considering the question, though, that's not a bad try! I'm glad you're participating, even if your guess wasn't correct!

mistysakura
11th September 2005, 09:37 PM
Okay, bad memory means that I've probably mauled the fic name, but A Part Well Played by Togepretty?

EDIT: about the thing with the plaque, I suggest that a worker gets to nominate the plaque if it hasn't been announced in, say, 30 days after the question has been posed. The time limit seems reasonable to me, since it's not like 10 days for idle questions which actually affect the running of the game, and it's not too long either.

mr_pikachu
11th September 2005, 09:46 PM
Actually, your memory is perfect! A Part Well Played was written by Togepretty, and it was deleted later, presumably in the server move. (I confirmed this by scouring the Fanfic forum, if you're suspicious.) It centered around the gang returning to Cerulean City, where the Sensational Sisters needed them to perform - but this time, all of them were needed for various parts in a traditional play. Even Gary had to participate, leading to some very awkward scenes. Reading that work, which was one of Togepretty's last on TPM, was my first time reading a fanfic, so it sticks out clearly in my mind.

Anyway, the Luvdisc plaque is yours! It's your turn. Oh, and I believe you're now tied for first place in the standings! Congratulations! :yes:

EDIT: Ada makes an excellent point. See, this is why it's always good to check and make sure I haven't screwed up! I'll have to be even more careful in the future...

So let me alter my previous message and congratulate you for making it into outright first place, Ada! With seven plaques, you're doing great! :yes::yes:

EDIT2: The additional rule sounds pretty good. What do the rest of you think? Any thoughts, Gavin, dh13, PancaKe?

mistysakura
11th September 2005, 10:25 PM
Some more overdue plaques.
classy_cat18: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/meowth.gif @ http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/meowth.gif
and also: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/smeargle.gif @ http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/smeargle.gif

By the way, I believe I also had a Koffing plaque from answering dh's question. My own question will be edited in later.

mr_pikachu
12th September 2005, 06:50 AM
Um, just so you know, classy_cat18 won a Meowth by answering a question and a Smeargle by stumping everyone. She didn't win a Koffing plaque, though. In fact, you're the only one who has a Koffing so far, Ada.

EDIT: To the other workers - I just received an interesting suggestion for what to do about unnamed plaques. Charizard04621 sent the idea through PM. Basically, she thinks that those plaques could be made Unowns, because, as she put it, "the intended pokémon is unknown". The only real issue with that would be whether Unown plaques could be awarded otherwise. What do you all think about that idea and the previously mentioned one?

mistysakura
13th September 2005, 03:43 AM
The Unown idea sounds interesting, and because there's 26 of them, it's not like we'll be limiting ourselves by sticking to only 1 Pokemon. I think it's a great idea. And yeah I knew classy_cat had a Meowth, that was a copy-and-paste error. But anyway, my question: Which fic has a chapter, also posted separately as a short story, which is centred around a poem written by William Blake? This is for an Oddish plaque.

Charizard04621
14th September 2005, 10:37 AM
Is the short story "Tiger Tiger" by ladyumbra? It was supposed to be a chapter of A pokemon? master. When I read William Blake, that's the poem I immediately thought about... ^_^;

[EDIT]: Note to self, read A pokemon? master when I have the time. That short story... Wow.

mistysakura
15th September 2005, 03:06 AM
Yep, that's right! And here's your Oddish plaque: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/oddish.gif @ http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/oddish.gif
That short story was great, I just hope that ladyumbra returns to this forum and continues her fic some time.

mr_pikachu
15th September 2005, 03:26 AM
Nice job, and congratulations on your first plaque, Charizard04621!

I've updated the scores and corrected a small error in the point standings ("T1" was changed to "1", as Ada is not tied for first place).

Charizard04621
15th September 2005, 07:55 AM
Yay! Thanks ^_^ Here goes.

In this fic, part of which is not posted on TPM, a character named Pura has a big secret - what is it?

Mewfour
15th September 2005, 01:41 PM
The secret, or the fic?

Not that I know anyway, thought someone might want that cleared up...

Charizard04621
15th September 2005, 04:49 PM
Lol, whoops, now that I look at it, I guess you could get confused. The question asks, "what is the secret?"

Tainted
16th September 2005, 07:10 AM
That was Quest of Twelve by Lady Vulpix. Christ, I can barely remember-- it was a long time ago reading that.

I do remember one chapter where Pura got bigger, if that's what you mean by secret, but I'm probably wrong.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Charizard04621
16th September 2005, 08:19 AM
Yes, that chapter! Well, it's best that you don't reveal the secret specifically, so some new readers don't encounter spoilers.

You win the plaque. ^_^

[EDIT]: Whoops... What plaque? This was for a Gardevoir.

mr_pikachu
16th September 2005, 08:27 AM
Good job, Tainted! The scores have been updated to reflect you winning the Gardevoir plaque.

On a separate note, I went ahead and changed the "plaque to be named" thing in the standings to an Unown, since it looks like seeshomaru won't be telling us what the plaque was supposed to be anytime soon. If we change the policy on unnamed plaques to something different, then I'll change that Unown plaque to reflect the modified rule. Until then, though, I'll leave it as an Unown.

Here's a question, though: What Unown should it be? There are 28 different possibilities... should we just go in alphabetical order when we award Unown plaques?

Charizard04621
16th September 2005, 08:30 AM
I think you should get to choose which letter you'd like. They do look different, and if you have a preference, that would be a nice bonus for you. :)

Tainted
16th September 2005, 03:02 PM
Alright, for a Blastoise plaque:

What relatively new story contains The Book of Mudora?

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Charizard04621
16th September 2005, 04:34 PM
Ooh! That sounded so Zelda-ish, and I immediately thought of Razor Leaf. Is it his Zelda fic, Legend of Zelda: Battle for Hyrule?

Tainted
16th September 2005, 06:41 PM
Yep. As easy as that.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

mr_pikachu
16th September 2005, 07:26 PM
Good job on winning your second plaque, Karin! You're moving up the standings fast. Nicely done!

The scores have been updated once again. Wow, this game is picking up speed! :biggrin:

Charizard04621
16th September 2005, 09:57 PM
Yay! ^_^;

For a Fearow plaque, who authored a story in which the undying Ho-oh meets its end?

mr_pikachu
17th September 2005, 02:40 PM
I believe it was LilyPichu. (For bonus "cool" points, the fic was Infinite.)

Charizard04621
17th September 2005, 02:46 PM
Lol, yup. Congrats on your Fearow plaque!

mr_pikachu
17th September 2005, 03:39 PM
Thank you, Karin!

I've updated the scoreboard to reflect the Fearow plushie. And now, here's the next question.

For a Kakuna plaque:

What fanfic, which has a post within the last two years, is written as a script with the characters designated by smileys?

Charizard04621
17th September 2005, 08:19 PM
A few that fit that description come to mind, but is it by any chance Pancake's Living in Pichu's House? I remember reading it and it cracked me up. ^_^;

mr_pikachu
18th September 2005, 12:35 AM
That's exactly correct! The Kakuna plaque is yours, and it's your turn! Good job!

EDIT: Scores = updated!

Lady Vulpix
18th September 2005, 08:42 AM
I knew that one too, but I've been too busy to check this topic.

Congrats on all your wins, Karin!, and thanks for promoting my fic. http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/1369/wink1wc.gif

Charizard04621
18th September 2005, 12:45 PM
Sure, Gabi! I think more people should read it and respond.

For a Seviper plaque -

In which relatively new pokémon fic does a trainer gain a pokémon due to the death of another man?

mr_pikachu
18th September 2005, 03:17 PM
I hate to be a stickler, Karin, but would you mind defining "relatively new"? Unless a characteristic is literally one-of-a-kind amongst all fics throughout TPM's history, it's really best to provide a time range of some sort to avoid confusion. And I'm pretty sure that particular plotline has been used several times.

Charizard04621
18th September 2005, 03:45 PM
The first chapter was posted within the past six months. Your previous question was also a little on the non-specific side ^_^;

classy_cat18
18th September 2005, 09:44 PM
Could it be Falling by Darien Shields?

Charizard04621
18th September 2005, 09:46 PM
Yup, congrats, Shonta!

classy_cat18
18th September 2005, 10:25 PM
Okay, I guess that means I post the next question. What fic features a fire-type scorpionlike fake Pokemon named Orpionic?

EDIT: This is for a Feraligatr plaque.

Charizard04621
19th September 2005, 12:27 AM
Lol ^_^; mr_pikachu can't answer this, because it's his fic, What Dreams Are Made Of!

classy_cat18
19th September 2005, 09:02 AM
Right! I remembered about the Fakemon but forgot its name so it took me a while to find it. The Feraligatr plaque is yours.

mr_pikachu
19th September 2005, 09:36 AM
Wow, it looks like I have a lot more readers than I thought! Thanks for reading, Karin! I appreciate it! ^_^ And congratulations on winning yet another plaque!

EDIT: Scores updated. And congrats on winning the final evolutionary forms of the Water-type starters for both the Kanto and Johto regions, Karin! Only one more to go, and you'll have a complete set! ;)

Charizard04621
19th September 2005, 10:17 AM
Woo! Thanks much ^_^ *is going to run out of questions*

There is a short story posted in the year 2005 that features a search for a specific pokémon through the viewpoint of a girl with a Game Boy. She uses her Water pokémon in the chase. What is the pokémon that she is after?

This is for a Milotic plaque.

mr_pikachu
19th September 2005, 02:11 PM
I know what fic you're talking about, but in case I'm wrong about the question, I won't reveal which fic it is. However, I think the girl is after a Raikou.

Charizard04621
19th September 2005, 03:42 PM
Er, nope. Does that fic really match the description?? I didn't know two short stories had the same plotline... *does some research*

mr_pikachu
19th September 2005, 03:44 PM
In that case, I'll guess an Entei next and PM you the fic I'm thinking of (so as to not give anything away to the other contestants).

EDIT: Hmm. After looking through the rules, they don't explicitly state whether or not an answer can be considered correct if it meets the requirements of the question but was not the originally intended answer. To avoid future confusion, maybe we should clear the issue up. Of course, first we need to figure out which way the rule would work...

EDIT2: *slaps forehead hard*

Well, in the midst of a PM conversation, Karin accidentally divulged the answer of the question to me. So, to allow the game to continue fairly, I'll remove myself from eligibility to win this particular plaque. Good luck in getting the question, everyone!

Charizard04621
19th September 2005, 08:41 PM
Yeah, sorry about that. >_< I agree we need guidelines... What if somebody answers one part correctly but messes up another? Is the answer still correct or considered completely wrong?

mr_pikachu
20th September 2005, 09:07 AM
I think that a two-part question probably would have to be answered completely, unless the guidelines of the question specified otherwise.

C'mon, people! Someone grab the plaque! You can do it!

Charizard04621
20th September 2005, 11:04 AM
Yeah, I don't want this plaque to myself after I accidentally handed out the answer. =/

classy_cat18
20th September 2005, 11:19 AM
I'm going to take a wild guess and say she's looking for a Feebas. Because finding a Feebas is hard to do.

Charizard04621
20th September 2005, 06:58 PM
No, sorry, but thanks for trying. ^_^

mistysakura
21st September 2005, 12:26 AM
No, she's after... what the heck the Pokemon's unnamed? Okay, I'll take a stab at Latias, and I think I know what the fic is; I'm not sure if it's okay to ask, but just to check that I'm not totally on the wrong track, would you mind comfirming that the fifth word in the fic is "early" and the tenth word is "on"? (Didn't want to give anything away just in case, so sorry about the strange question.)

Charizard04621
21st September 2005, 07:56 AM
Lol, I'll give it to you, I got you to read the fic and you realized "the Pokemon's unnamed". Unnamed is the correct answer! Guys, don't read too much into things that aren't there =P If the thing is not named, and I am not the writer of the story, how would I know what the pokémon is? Lol.

mr_pikachu
21st September 2005, 08:03 AM
Heh... my problem was that I kept trying to deduce what the Pokemon was based on clues, but there just weren't enough clues to go by. And then Karin said that the point was that it was left unsaid, so I told myself, alright, I'll just keep gues--- wait a minute...

Anyway, good one, Ada! I'll update the scores immediately. Oh, and the fic was "The One" by Dragonfree, for any of you who want to read it. It's a pretty outside-the-box short, so I'd recommend it.

EDIT: The scores are updated, and Ada is alone at #1 again!

Charizard04621
21st September 2005, 08:25 AM
Yeah, I messed up on that big time =/ Sorry for breaking the tie and all, I really have problems thinking about what I'm saying in PMs. -_-;; See, I can't edit PMs after they're sent out and read, and I tend to edit my posts out here very, very often. Lots of edits. One chapter of Lune gets probably 4 edits on average, and my chapters aren't even very long.

mr_pikachu
21st September 2005, 08:32 AM
It's okay, Karin. Really, don't worry about it. It allowed me to have an interesting perspective on that last question, anyway.

Besides, I'm perfectly happy to tie it up again on the next question. *rubs hands together deviously*

And believe me, I edit stuff all the time. Most of the posts that I edit, though, don't have that little "Last edited by..." line at the end. That's because I'm usually pretty quick with figuring out I've botched something, and I think the server waits for one or two minutes before it adds that little line at the end to signify an edit. But I have the same problem on PMs, too; ten seconds after I've sent it is ten seconds too late.

Charizard04621
21st September 2005, 10:48 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one. ^_^;

[EDIT]: o_O Oops, not my turn.

Dragonfree
21st September 2005, 01:48 PM
Heh, just for fun, I'll reveal that "The One" is a true story, and in real life the Pokémon was a Misdreavus. However, the story is intended as a thought about the search for rare Pokémon altogether, so the Pokémon in the story can technically be any very rare Pokémon.

Charizard04621
21st September 2005, 02:27 PM
Exactly, and rare is a relative term, so it depends on who's on the search. I'm guessing that's the reason you really didn't specify it.

And omg, I can relate to that story... Ever tried catching a Tauros in RBY legit, guys? (legit means no Surfing on Cinnibar) -_- I spent a week in the Safari Zone.

Dragonfree
21st September 2005, 03:34 PM
Tauros? I caught it in Yellow with the first ball I threw... o_o

Charizard04621
21st September 2005, 04:57 PM
I don't know about Yellow (never owned it), but you need to get them from the Safari Zone in Red/Blue. If you did that, you're just really lucky... The balls tend to miss/break and then Tauros runs away first opportunity it gets.

Mewfour
21st September 2005, 10:59 PM
I caught Tauroses (Or should that be Tauri?) legit all the time. Never seemed too difficult for me...

mr_pikachu
21st September 2005, 11:13 PM
Tauros capturing was never as difficult for me as the Chanseys, but it was still an excruciatingly dull task. I spent a very, very long time in the Safari Zone in RBY. It would've been worth it even more if I could've gotten a Mew from my completed Pokedex, but I was very surprised to get nothing more than a certificate. Considering that I had heard all about the "complete your Pokedex, get a Mew" thing that hadn't been completely resolved among the more apt debators in Pokemon at the time (along with the infamous Mewthree), it's not much of a stretch to say that my howls of rage scared the wolves that night.

Anyway, to get this back on topic, it's Ada's turn to post the next riddle. Whenever she does so, the game can begin again! :biggrin:

Charizard04621
22nd September 2005, 12:15 AM
Tauroses, the "i" suffix comes in plural of "us" endings, not "os".

And yeah, it's Ada's turn, not mine. >_< *smacks self again* Seriously, sometimes I post without thinking...

mistysakura
23rd September 2005, 05:41 AM
I had no problems with Tauros either, it was Chansey that had me staying up late.
Okay, next question for a Jigglypuff plaque: What is the name of the Jigglypuff which kills a boy in a certain fic which had its last post in 2005?

Charizard04621
23rd September 2005, 08:03 AM
o_O That story was creepy....

The murderer was Pasquelle the Jigglypuff, from "Notes of the Melody" by Dinner.

mistysakura
24th September 2005, 05:51 AM
Yep that's right, the Jigglypuff plaque is yours. Funny how most of the time either people get it right first guess, else no one even bothers. Anyway, I won't be around for the next question, but fire away.

Charizard04621
24th September 2005, 01:57 PM
Yay, thanks. ^_^; *scared of Jigglypuff now*

Hmm. In what fic, posted in 2005, does an elf grudgingly heal an injured man with the pleadings of his daughter, turn the man out of his house, and then, ironically, endangers his entire village to help this man?

Tainted
25th September 2005, 03:47 PM
Legends of Alternica by Mewfour?

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Charizard04621
25th September 2005, 07:07 PM
Yep, congrats - you've just won a Seviper plaque. :)

One problem I had with that fic is the "olde english" didn't fit very well with the other text and even some of the dialogue... Could've made a more natural blend of words so that it didn't seem too abrupt.

Mewfour
25th September 2005, 07:11 PM
Yeah. Mabye I should have posted the modernized version. That's what I've got the poll up for, but hardly anybody bothers with em....

Charizard04621
25th September 2005, 07:18 PM
No, I'm fine with archaic english, but you didn't synthesize it very well is what I'm saying. Some of the character dialogues splice archaic words with modern speech patterns, and it seems really weird. =P

Tainted
28th September 2005, 06:56 AM
What fairly new story contains High Guardians and Spirit Guides?

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Master of Paradox
28th September 2005, 08:15 AM
That would be "Beyond the Border" by Weasel Overlord.

Tainted
29th September 2005, 07:04 AM
You got it.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

mr_pikachu
29th September 2005, 07:52 AM
Tainted, would you mind specifying a plaque for that last question? Thanks. :)

Master of Paradox
30th September 2005, 08:41 AM
While I'm waiting for my plaque to be decided, I think I'll go ahead and give the next question. It'll be for a Magnemite plaque.

What one-shot from the last few months of 2004 concerns a warning about the end of the world?

mr_pikachu
30th September 2005, 03:56 PM
This just has to be Finality by LilyPichu.

Master of Paradox
30th September 2005, 04:07 PM
Add the Magnemite to your collection, Mr. Pikachu, you got it in one.

I had nothing, so I just wandered the first five pages until I found something interesting. Didn't expect the question to last long.

mr_pikachu
30th September 2005, 04:43 PM
Excellent, a plaque on my three-year anniversary at TPM! Thank you! Yeah, I was the last replier to that fic, so it wasn't too difficult of a question. I just needed to find it to make sure I was remembering the right fic.

Anyway, here's the next question!

For a Lotad plaque:

What is the name of the fic which was reviewed by a member of the last group of reviewers in the FanFiction Reviewer Organization (FFRO) and which features a small group of Pokemon on a mission to destroy a virus?

Good luck!

mr_pikachu
10th October 2005, 10:21 PM
Aw, c'mon! Not a single guess after ten days? Jeez, that's disappointing... well, the correct answer was "Is it destiny?" by Mancetric_Trainer. (And before you ask, yes, I am aware that the Pokemon's name, spelled correctly, is Manectric. That user made a typo and eventually grew to like that username, spelling and all.) That fanfic was reviewed by Darien Shields of the FFRO, which fulfills the first requirement of the question. Paying attention to forum events can be helpful! *nods*

Anyway, I suppose I'll post the next question.

This is for a Pichu plaque.

What is the name of the fanfic, begun between two and three years ago, which was comprised entirely of internet chats?

Good luck! :)

classy_cat18
10th October 2005, 10:30 PM
Is it The Life of a Headless Mole by The Decapitated Mole?

mr_pikachu
10th October 2005, 10:33 PM
Last question: 10 days, 5 hours, 37 minutes, 20 seconds. Zero responses.
This question: 9 minutes, 0 seconds. One winner.

Congrats, Shonta! The Pichu plaque is yours! And you're up!

EDIT: Um, Tainted, would you mind naming a plaque for the question that Master of Paradox got right? Otherwise, I'm going to have to award another Unown.

Tainted
13th October 2005, 07:12 AM
Sorry about that-- I don't pop in this topic all that often.

That'd be for a Larvitar plaque.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

mr_pikachu
13th October 2005, 07:21 AM
It's okay. Just remember to post the plaque's identity when you give the question next time. :)

Hey, um, Shonta... it's still your turn.

classy_cat18
14th October 2005, 11:11 AM
It's hard to think of questions for the fics that I've already read. I should read some more. Okay, here's one. mr_pikachu should get this one in a flash.

In what fic, posted about two or three years ago, does Ash have a mentally unbalanced brother named David?

mr_pikachu
14th October 2005, 12:54 PM
The Bittersweet Reunion by ZeldaFan20 qualifies. Another fic, To the Rainbow's End, has the same scenario since it was a sequel to TBR. However, I don't believe it quite fits the time frame. So I'm going with The Bittersweet Reunion by ZeldaFan20.

And yes, reading more fics is always good. :yes:

classy_cat18
14th October 2005, 01:30 PM
Right you are, mr_pikachu! *slaps forehead* Apparently I wasn't thinking about the sequel when I thought about the question, although I read the fic again out of boredom yesterday. You win a Meganium plaque and the privilege of posting the next question!

mr_pikachu
14th October 2005, 01:38 PM
Thanks, Shonta! A Meganium plaque; excellent!

Here's the next question.

This is for a Vulpix plaque.

What is the name of the last joint fanfic that was written by two of TPM's then-moderators?

Note: A joint fanfic is a fanfic written by a limited set of pre-designated authors. It usually only has two authors, although a few have more. Chain fics do not count, as they can be written by any number of authors and are not specified when the fic begins.

mistysakura
15th October 2005, 11:16 PM
Hey, I might know this one. That would be This Fic is Big Enough for the Both of Us, by Last Exile and PancaKe. (Assuming they don't have to be fanfic mods.) Except Last Exile's still modded, so I'm not too sure about that bit.

And... very overdue plaques, all 13 of them.
Tainted: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/gardevoir.gif @ http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/gardevoir.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/seviper.gif @ http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/seviper.gif

Charizard04621: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/blastoise.gif @ http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/blastoise.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/kakuna.gif @
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/kakuna.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/feraligatr.gif @ http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/feraligatr.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/jigglypuff.gif @
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/jigglypuff.gif

mr_pikachu: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/fearow.gif @
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/fearow.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/magnemite.gif @
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/magnemite.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/lotad.gif @
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/lotad.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/meganium.gif @ http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/meganium.gif

classy_cat18: Seviper's same as Tainted's (funnily enough, both were awarded by Charizard04621)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/pichu.gif @ http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/pichu.gif

Master of Paradox: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/larvitar.gif @
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mistysakura/larvitar.gif

Lady Vulpix
16th October 2005, 07:59 AM
Ada must be right. Too bad they dropped that fic so early after they started it.

There was another fic that had 2 then-mods as co-writers, but there were also 2 non-mods in it and I was one of them, so I can't make that count as a guess.

mr_pikachu
17th October 2005, 12:25 AM
Yes, Ada, you've got it! TFIBEFTBOU was the fanfic of Other Anime moderator Last Exile and Fanfic moderator PancaKe. And Last Exile was a mod at that time; I wasn't trying to say that they couldn't be mods now. Sorry if that was unclear in the question. I tried to make it easily comprehensible, but I frequently fail at that. :P

Anyway, the Vulpix plaque is yours, as is the right to ask the next question! :)

mistysakura
26th October 2005, 06:39 AM
I guess I have to post a question. It's just getting harder and harder, as I read less and less.
Which fic, named after the protagonist's surname, opens with said protagonist almost missing the bus?
And it's for a Linoone plaque.

mr_pikachu
26th October 2005, 06:47 AM
Two things.

1. I believe the answer to your question is Holloway (or "Holloway." with a period if you're really picky) by Gavin Luper.

2. ...How the heck did I not reply to that? I was certain I'd read that... Dang it, now I'll have to reread it all over again! Not that I won't enjoy it, but things are getting crazy with schoolwork, and I don't have nearly as much time as I'd like... *cries*

Lady Vulpix
27th October 2005, 05:07 PM
I don't have nearly as much time as I'd like... *cries*
That makes two of us. http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/9157/undecided4ro.gif

mistysakura
31st October 2005, 04:27 AM
Yep, that's right! Actually, I've read the prologue twice now (the second time being for this question), but I still haven't managed to reply. So Gavin, you have two closet readers.

mr_pikachu
31st October 2005, 12:52 PM
Ah, thank you, Ada! And Gavin, you'd better get to writing! We want to see more of your work! :yes:

Anyway, this question is for a Wartortle plaque.

What fanfic - which had its most recent post within the last year - featured a stereotypical boy hero, his hateful rival, and the hero's father (who appeared to be possessed by a Hoenn-based criminal syndicate)?

Gavin Luper
2nd November 2005, 06:26 AM
Aha! I KNEW people had read Holloway but hadn't replied. I'm watching you guys ... reply dammit! *glares*

*ahem* Ummm ... just kidding? :sweat: :biggrin:

Anyway, as for the question, I've got absolutely no idea at all ... another reflection on how little I've read lately.

Cheers!

mr_pikachu
12th November 2005, 10:33 PM
Well, I'll go ahead and post the answer to the question, since more than ten days have gone by since I first posted it. The correct answer was the short-lived "Collecter, not theif" by sma93. (And before you ask, yeah, that's the exact spelling.) So, I suppose I get the Wartortle by default... c'mon, guys! You all have to play this game to make it great!

Since nobody seems to want to answer my questions, I'll let one of the other workers post the next one. ;)

Mewfour
12th November 2005, 10:52 PM
Oh, I've got a real brainbuster for you guys.

What fanfic, published here in 2001, took place in the "real" world, dealt with a Pokemon army invading Russia?

Mewfour
16th November 2005, 02:25 AM
Oh come on. I can't be the only guy who read this!

Lady Vulpix
18th November 2005, 04:51 AM
Sorry, I didn't use to read many fanfics back in 2001, and many of the current TPMers weren't even around by then.

Mewfour
21st November 2005, 03:19 PM
10 days, no takers. It was The Russian Strategy by CaptainSpud. I'm giving myself a plaque.

mr_pikachu
24th November 2005, 09:56 AM
Yeah, sorry, but I wasn't around in 2001, and I couldn't find any archived TPMs from back then, either. So, you win the plaque... but what was the plaque for the question? If you could let me know so I can add it to the scores, that'd be great. Thanks.

In the meantime, I'll ask another question that will hopefully be a bit easier.

This question is for a Cubone plaque.

What fanfic, which had its most recent post in 2005, featured a girl who began her Pokemon journey communicating with her starter Pokemon without realizing she was doing it?

Good luck!

Lady Vulpix
24th November 2005, 02:59 PM
Could it be "A Doolittle of Pokemon", by classy_cat18? I'm not sure when she made the last post here, but she was posting it on TL earlier this year.

mr_pikachu
24th November 2005, 11:46 PM
Wow, that was surprisingly close. I can't believe I didn't think about that possibility when forming this question. I would have to give you the plaque for the question had I not happened to add the phrase "Pokemon journey" to the mix. (Also, there could be some debate on whether Static was technically her starter; I'd lean toward Artemis for that distinction, so it wouldn't quite fit there, either.) Excellent try, though; you almost got the plaque with an unintended answer!

I'm going to have to be more careful when making these questions... ^_^; Anyway, let's see some more guesses!

mistysakura
1st December 2005, 12:04 AM
And I make my return to this game. This must be The Glass Half Full, by Light_Togetic. I wish it was still active, it was such a nice fic to read.

mr_pikachu
2nd December 2005, 05:32 PM
Yes, you're correct, Ada! The Cubone plaque is yours!

And yeah, that was a good fic. Heh, with the Charmander and "Mr. Cubone"... But unfortunately, I haven't seen Light_Togetic on TPM for over a year. Maybe we'll have a return for L_T eventually, though.

Anyway, I'll update the scores now.

EDIT: Heeeeey! Congratulations on your tenth plaque, Ada! Way to go! :)

mistysakura
14th December 2005, 04:58 AM
Eep, I thought I'd posted a question already... oh well, better late than never, I guess.

Okay. Who was the author of a fic whose first chapter consisted entirely of e-mails between characters?

EDIT: Steelix plaque.

Master of Paradox
14th December 2005, 09:25 AM
I'm going to say LilyPichu.

Greyfox
14th December 2005, 06:01 PM
Eep, I thought I'd posted a question already... oh well, better late than never, I guess.

Okay. Who was the author of a fic whose first chapter consisted entirely of e-mails between characters?

EDIT: Steelix plaque.

Wasn't it Darrien Sheild's FMA fic? I do seem to recall an Fullmetal Alchemist story where the initial chapter was composed completely of sarcastic e-mails between all of the main characters.

[font=palatino linotype][i]-Grey

mistysakura
16th December 2005, 03:46 AM
Yeah, it was an FMA fic, but LilyPichu was its author. Have no idea where Darien Shields came from, aside from the fact that he's a reader. If Darien Shields did indeed write a fic that satisfies the requirements, please point me in the fic's direction...

Anyway, until that happens, Master of Paradox, the plaque is yours.

Master of Paradox
17th January 2006, 01:04 PM
Well... Eeeggh...

Listen, folks, I have nothing whatsoever for a question. Can I pass the question to someone else and still keep the plaque?

mr_pikachu
17th January 2006, 06:44 PM
Sure, you can do that. It's okay if you can't think of a question, although that would still be preferable.

By the way, I'm pretty sure that Darien never wrote an FMA fic on TPM. However, he was one of the few repliers to LilyPichu's fic.

This is for a Parasect plaque.

In eevee-shayna's fic, Tiponi, Dćmon League Quester, what is the name of the person who serves as the Swarm Gym Leader?

Good luck!

Lady Vulpix
18th January 2006, 05:22 AM
Wasn't it Mauta?

mr_pikachu
18th January 2006, 05:28 AM
Yes, it was. You have won a Parasect plaque, Gabi!

EDIT: And congratulations on winning your first Trivia Game plaque! Way to go, Lady V!

Lady Vulpix
18th January 2006, 02:55 PM
Thanks! Erm... is there an image of my plaque, or should I make it myself? I'd like to post it on my items page.

I have to go right now, but I'll post the next question tomorrow if I can't post it today.

mr_pikachu
18th January 2006, 09:43 PM
Well, Ada (mistysakura) sometimes makes them. I think she gave directions awhile back for anyone who wanted to design their plaques themselves, but I'm not sure whether or not they were in this thread or the previous Trivia Game thread.

Lady Vulpix
19th January 2006, 05:29 AM
Ok, I guess I'll make mine, it doesn't seem that hard. Thanks.

Now, on with the question.

What was the name of the fic, written by a female author who sadly hasn't been seen on TPM since 2004, whose regular cast included 2 human trainers (one of whom got a Nidoran as her starter) and a talking Kangaskhan?

Lady Vulpix
29th January 2006, 05:53 PM
10 days and not even an attempt at a guess?

And I was going to give out a Kangaskhan plaque in honor of Kyore...

Ok, Brian says I can post the answer now, so... the fic in question was "Through Blind Eyes", by Rambunctious Jamirus. She never got to finish it, but I think what she did post was great.

mr_pikachu
29th January 2006, 06:03 PM
Yeah, sorry about that. It's been so long since I've read that fic that I'd forgotten that tidbit, and apparently no one else remembered, either. Good question, though. You do win a Kangaskhan plaque, even though there were no guesses.

Okay, it's time for another round!

This question is for a Butterfree plaque.

What fic, which had its last post within the last six months, is a crossover between Pokemon and The Matrix?

Good luck!

Lady Vulpix
29th January 2006, 06:17 PM
Isn't it The Type Chart, by Dragonfree?
I've been thinking of that fic today.

PS: thanks. :)

mr_pikachu
29th January 2006, 06:25 PM
...These days, timing the responses to my questions requires a stopwatch... >_>;;

Yes, you're exactly correct, Gabi! Congrats on winning the Butterfree plaque!

Lady Vulpix
30th January 2006, 02:10 PM
Wow, what a lucky streak!

Ok, for an Eevee plaque: in Lune, by Charizard04621... who gave Lune his pendant, and what do its colors mean?

Lady Vulpix
14th February 2006, 07:05 PM
No replies whatsoever? *Sobs.*

Ok, here's the answer. Lune's amulet was given to him by an old Espeon named Hana. As for the meaning of its white and black colors, I'll quote Hana's words.

“As I’ve told you before, dear, the amulet measures the balance of light and darkness in your heart; but it does more than that. You see, dear, the amulet’s sole purpose is to protect its bearer’s soul by whatever means necessary. If your heart is about to plunge into total darkness, the amulet will do anything to preserve some light in the black fire. Usually it counters darkness with positive emotions: joy, relief, excitement, love.”

mr_pikachu
14th February 2006, 07:18 PM
If I'd read Lune before, I would have taken a shot, but unfortunately, it looks like I wasn't the only one who wasn't prepared for that question.

Still, I know someone must've known the answer besides Gabi and Karin. Everyone, the game isn't fun if nobody plays!

...Well, this question is for a Hitmonlee plaque.

In Pokemon, Asylum of the Damned Style by Evil Mewf0ur, how does the protagonist capture his Hitmonlee?

Blademaster
14th February 2006, 09:24 PM
Oh, oh, I think I know this one!

After all his Pokemon were knocked out or otherwise incapacitated (hee hee hee), the main character challenged Hitmonlee to a one-on-one fight and used a PokeBall on the Kicking Pokemon when it leapt at him. He caught the Hitmonlee, but he busted his hand in the process. Dimwit... :rolleyes:

mr_pikachu
14th February 2006, 09:31 PM
Yes, that will suffice. He held the Pokeball in his closed hand (thus hiding it) and challenged Hitmonlee to kick his fist. When Hitmonlee struck at it, he opened his hand, and Hitmonlee caught itself.

Congrats, you've won a Hitmonlee plaque! And now it's your turn. :)

EDIT: Hey, congratulations on winning your first plaque, Blademaster! Way to go!

Mewfour
14th February 2006, 11:47 PM
People read PADS? Who knew?

Blademaster
15th February 2006, 10:06 AM
Evil Mewf0ur: :biggrin:

mr pikachu: Hooray! I won something! Yay for me - yay for the little guy!

(places Hitmonlee Plaque on shelf and attempts to admire for hours on end, but gives up after 2 minutes)

So, this means I can ask a question and choose a Poke-Plaque to award for it, right?

Hmmm...

Well, I don't have time to do that right now; later today I can, though. I've got a class in a little while and I've saved my homework till the last minute again. :rolleyes:

Go procrastination!

-Blademaster

Blademaster
15th February 2006, 03:20 PM
Well, since people reply to this contest so infrequently anyway, I guess that there's no harm in asking an 'easy' question. :rolleyes:

And just so we're clear, this will be for a very rare and sought-after Ditto Plaque.

Here's the question:

What is the name of the savage, flesh-eating Aggron that is used by the criminal mastermind Faustus for punishments and executions in one of Dark Sage's fics?

For extra points, name the fic, too - answers will be accepted until February 25th at 4:20pm (But I really doubt it'll take that long... :wink:)

Good luck.

-Blademaster

mr_pikachu
15th February 2006, 03:24 PM
That would be Grendel, I believe. It's the same name as that of the mythical beast in the epic poem Beowulf.

Blademaster
15th February 2006, 03:33 PM
(jaw drops; looks at watch)

...My first question and it's answered in... 3.9 minutes? :eek:

I'd better work harder on my question next time. Yes, the fic was Pokemonese (Which mr pikachu reviews regularly, so I guess naming the fic would've been kinda pointless. :smilie:), and Grendel was the name of the monstrous marauder that (ugh ate people that Faustus didn't like...

Good boy!

(Pointless fact [PF]): Aggron looks suspiciously similar to an armored Rhydon...)

Bad jokes aside, though, mr pikachu is now the proud owner of a very rare Ditto Plaque (Which I don't have - Kinko's has it. :biggrin:) and can ask the next question.

Congratulations!

-Blademaster

mr_pikachu
15th February 2006, 03:54 PM
Hey, thanks, Blademaster! All right, a Ditto plaque! Awesome! :biggrin:

Okay, here's the next question.

This question is for a Girafarig plaque.

What is the name of the leader of the criminal organization known as the Union?

Good luck!

Blademaster
15th February 2006, 04:30 PM
Ooh, ooh, this one I SO know!

It's Joseph Sterling, from Gavin Luper's Lisa the Legend!

I love that story; Gavin would have my head in a vise if I didn't get this one right!

-Blademaster

mr_pikachu
15th February 2006, 04:35 PM
Indeed! Joseph Sterling revived Team Rocket in the form of the Union after Giovanni disbanded the group. Good work! You've earned a Girafarig plaque!

Blademaster
15th February 2006, 04:38 PM
Alright! The little guy's rank is going up...

You all had better get on the money, 'cuz me and mr pika are here so much, we'll run out of plaques pretty soon!

(notices Master of Paradox's and mistysakura's plaques)

Hmmm...

Blademaster
15th February 2006, 07:36 PM
Oh, right. New question. Sorry... :biggrin:

OK, this question will be for the mysterious and highly sought-after Claydol Plaque.

Here it is:

In what relatively new fic (less than a year old) can this memorable quote be found:

“Eh… you wouldn’t want blood on your nice, clean scythes, would you?”

You have until February 25th at 8:35pm.

Good luck.

-Blademaster

Lady Vulpix
16th February 2006, 05:28 AM
Is it "The Quest for the Legends", by Dragonfree?

This is the 2nd time I've posted a guess for a Dragonfree fic since I got my first plaque.

Blademaster
16th February 2006, 12:33 PM
The Quest for the Legends?

BINGO! Yahtzee!

Show me 'The Quest for the Legends!' Survey says:

DINGDINGDINGDINGDING!

Congratulations to you, Foxy Lady! You've won the elusive Claydol Plaque!

Way to go!

-Blademaster

Dragonfree
16th February 2006, 03:31 PM
Heh, you found that line memorable? x3

I found it memorable too, in a way. As in that I remember where I was when I first made it up. o.o

(The thread here is from April 2004, not 2005, by the way, making it nearing two years old - and the fic itself is even older, since that's just the newest revision. It was started in 2001 or 2002.)

Blademaster
16th February 2006, 05:09 PM
Well, that was the funniest line I could find in a few minutes.

...Oh, 2004?

Hey, give me a break! It's early in the year, so I'm still thinking it's 2005; I need at least until about May for it to completely sink in. :p

-Blademaster

Lady Vulpix
16th February 2006, 07:26 PM
Ah, I didn't even notice the date. Time goes by so fast lately!

Ok, another fic started in 2004. This one features a little girl with a mysterious connection to Dragon pokemon, who is often seen in the company of a bird pokemon who speaks more than she does. It seems to have gone on hiatus just when the story was starting to develop, though its author still posts on TPM. What fic am I talking about?

That's for a Flygon plaque, which can also be counted as a hint.

Mega Horny
16th February 2006, 07:33 PM
Prophecy of the Dragon

~Karania

mr_pikachu
17th February 2006, 12:33 AM
It might also be Dragon's Song by classy_cat18. I'm not certain about Prophecy of the Dragon, as I don't recall having read that one.

Lady Vulpix
17th February 2006, 04:52 AM
Brian got it. I must admit I haven't read Prophecy of the Dragon either, but I'd be surprised if it had so many details in common.

I'm glad someone got one of my trivias right at last! Congratulations, Brian! The Flygon plaque is yours! Now you have 2 of them.

mr_pikachu
17th February 2006, 05:51 AM
...Erm... after looking into Prophecy of the Dragon myself, it seems that you were the only person other than Karania to post in that thread, Gabi. So yeah, you've definitely never seen it before. ;)

But several elements of the question are missing from that fic. If there's a more complete version that anyone knows about, I'd be more than happy to look through it to see if the fic qualifies. But since all I can find is the one-chapter thread given here (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/index.php?topic=18823.0), I can't really see enough evidence that it fits the question.

For the time being, at least, thank you for the Flygon plaque, Gabi! I s'pose I'm the first to have any duplicate plaques, huh? Thanks! :biggrin:

Okay, here's the next question!

This question is for a Solrock plaque.

In Yu-Gi-Oh: Virtual Disaster by starjake, what does Cecelia's form resemble when her hologram is disabled?

starjake
17th February 2006, 06:35 AM
I'd actually like to add to that question:

I think there should be a an additional prize (brownie points? Maybe an additional plaque? Mr. Pikachu can decide) given to whomever can name what Cecelia's non-hologrpahic was based off of...more like, what it was ripped off of, since I didn't really change much. The idea came from a relatively long book series that was popular several year ago.

If no one gets it, don't feel bad; I was the only person I knew who read these books. I'll tell when someone answers mr. pikachu's question correctly.

Blademaster
17th February 2006, 12:14 PM
Cecilia looked like Snoopy from the Peanuts comics without her hologram.

Master of Paradox
17th February 2006, 01:44 PM
And the book series was Animorphs - it's what the Chee look like outside of holograms.

mr_pikachu
17th February 2006, 02:24 PM
First of all, Blademaster is exactly correct. You've won a Solrock plaque, Blademaster! Good job!

As for the extra question... until Master of Paradox answered it correctly, I was going to suggest that maybe someone else ask that as their question at a later date. But since that'd kinda be tough now... erm...

http://66.70.211.222/store/media/BrowniePoints.jpg

Blademaster
17th February 2006, 04:29 PM
A Solrock Plaque!? Rareness! Go me!

Ahem... so, I have to ask a question again, eh? Fair enough... let's see...

OK, here's one:

What is the name of the tenth Pokemon to appear in darktyranitar's "Demon Inside?"

This will be for a sinister yet sought-after Sableye Plaque.

Happy hunting!

-Blademaster

Mega Horny
17th February 2006, 05:18 PM
eevee!

Blademaster
17th February 2006, 07:35 PM
Sorry, Mega Horny, but I believe you're wrong.

Keep tryin'.

Mega Horny
17th February 2006, 09:02 PM
damn i was sur ethat was right.

Wait, tenth to appear or tenth to be mentioned? If to appear, then Tyranitar.

Well, im porbably wrong again, i'm just not good at these.

classy_cat18
17th February 2006, 11:53 PM
I'm gonna guess Umbreon.

Gavin Luper
18th February 2006, 12:43 AM
I was gonna say Espeon myself ...

Lady Vulpix
18th February 2006, 06:50 AM
...Erm... after looking into Prophecy of the Dragon myself, it seems that you were the only person other than Karania to post in that thread, Gabi. So yeah, you've definitely never seen it before. ;)
Oh, sorry, I got mixed up. I was trying to think of anotherfic with those characteristics and couldn't remember any, so I assumed I hadn't read it.

I've only skimmed Demon Inside, so I'm not going to post a guess this time.

Blademaster
18th February 2006, 11:50 AM
That's OK, Lady V, 'cuz we have a winner! Espeon is the answer, meaning that that outback maniac, Gavin Luper, is the winner! If anyone's confused, here's the full answer:

I meant appearance, but whether you went by appearance or names it wouldn't matter (You'd just be moving 9 to the top of the list.). This is the order of appearance of darktyranitar's Top Ten:

1. Charizard
2. Alakazam
3. Raichu
4. Scizor
5. Seviper
6. Sneasel
7. Zangoose
8. Eevee
9. Tyranitar
10. Espeon

Congrats to Gavin Luper, who's won the rare Sableye Plaque and rights to the next question! My apologies to those who guessed wrong; better luck next time!

Peace out!

-Blademaster

mr_pikachu
18th February 2006, 04:20 PM
Hey, congratulations on your first plaque, Gavin! Way to go!

And nice question, Blademaster!

The scores have been updated, by the way.

Blademaster
18th February 2006, 06:46 PM
(looks back at score page)

Well, I'll be a Mankey's uncle - that is Gavin's first plaque! Congrats again, G-money! Way to count!

Thanks for the props, pika; I'm trying to ask questions that I don't think have been asked yet (Since I be too lazy to check the first 6-7 pages over, lol.).

Gavin Luper
18th February 2006, 10:35 PM
Whee! My first plaque! I thought this day would never come! :D Heehee, I'm an outback maniac. Cool. :)

*has no idea how to get a plaque into his sig*

Help, anyone?

In the meantime - the next question:

What name was given to the reworking (ie. rewrite) of a classic TPM school-based fic written by a highly talented ex-mod?

mr_pikachu
18th February 2006, 10:42 PM
Full Moon, by PancaKe/Mist/MistyDeeDee/did I miss any others?

<- Has never changed his username

The original was Lapras Valley High. A true classic.

Gavin Luper
19th February 2006, 04:56 AM
Yup, it was Full Moon by PancaKe (the original LVH being a classic TPM fic). Well done Brian, and may I say, answered in very, very good time, too. You win a Vulpix plaque (I forgot to mention in advance what plaque it was for ^^).

Your turn ...

Oh, and you missed 'Lavern' as one of Tara's old screen names. (Call me overly technical.) :D

Cheers!

mr_pikachu
19th February 2006, 05:10 AM
Hehe, thank you, Gavin. I appreciate the compliment as well as the plaque. ^_^

Tara was once Lavern, eh? I never would have guessed that one! Just goes to show that she's full of surprises when it comes to usernames. :D

Anyway, it's time for the next trivia question!

This question is for a Meowth plaque.

In Kitt & Katt by eevee-shayna and Samchu, what is the name of Kitt's brother?

Lady Vulpix
19th February 2006, 05:26 AM
Gariel... but I wanted the Full Moon question. Now I'll have to think of something else to ask. :\

And Gavin, in order to make a plaque, you need to get an image of the pokemon you want and paste it on a plaque like this one:
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7899/plaque3ey.gif

Then upload it to a site that allows hotlinking (I use http://imageshack.us/ for hotlinking images), and put it in your sig between IMG tags.

mr_pikachu
19th February 2006, 07:15 AM
Ah, very good, Gabi! For answering that question, you win the oh-so-fitting Meowth plaque!

And thanks for posting an empty frame. I was trying to make the plaques that I've won the other day, and I wore out my patience just getting everything back from a full plaque to that. Impatience is my virtue.

Blademaster
19th February 2006, 11:22 AM
Impatience is my virtue.

Amen to that! :keke:

Lady Vulpix
19th February 2006, 12:38 PM
Thanks. I made the empty frame from your Horsea plaqueby covering the Horsea with a plain rectangle, so I have to thank you for that.

Now to think of a question... my mind is full of really old fics which no one will remember. I'll try to avoid them for now.

In Final Fantasy: The Seventh Sin by Crystal Tears, what races do Miyoko a.k.a. Lady Mii, Jymian and Scyot belong to?

[Edit: for a Natu plaque. It's hard to choose plaques for a non-pokemon fic.]

starjake
20th February 2006, 01:19 AM
Wow Paradox; I thought for a while that I was the only person in the world who actually read those books. Apparently I'm not as insane as I thought.

On the offchance that somebody didn't read the series, the Chee were an entire race of androids created by the doggy-looking Pemalites. The Pemalites wanted companions, so they used their highly advanced technological skill to create androids that not only served as friends but helpers as well; they also programmed the Chee so that they could not perform any sort of act that would physically harm another being (wouldn't it be nice if that worked in real life...) Unfortunately, the Pemalites were wiped out by a disease, leaving their android race behind as the only evidence that they ever existed. Throughout the Animorphs series, the Chee help the main heroes fight the Yeerks (evil parasitic alien race and main bad guys) by using their highly advanced hologram abilities to spy on Yeerk activity.

On that note...I'd like to thank mr pikachu for using trivia from my fic!

Master of Paradox
21st February 2006, 07:28 AM
Starjake: The Pemalites weren't hit by a disease - the Howlers (nasty predatory aliens, for those unfamilar) exterminated them.

Lady Vulpix's trivia: They're Al Bhed.

starjake
21st February 2006, 09:43 AM
Actually, we're both right. The Howlers did indeed exterminate the Pemalites, and they finished off those they didn't destroy in battle with a disease, which is why the Chee survived (androids don't get sick) and the Pemalites didn't.

Master of Paradox
21st February 2006, 09:48 AM
Actually, we're both right. The Howlers did indeed exterminate the Pemalites, and they finished off those they didn't destroy in battle with a disease, which is why the Chee survived (androids don't get sick) and the Pemalites didn't.

Forgot that bit. And then the Chee fused the spirits of the Pemalites with wolves, which is why we have dogs.

But enough Animorph discussion, back to the game.

Lady Vulpix
21st February 2006, 12:41 PM
Sorry, Master of Paradox, but that is not the right answer.

Note that I said 'races', in plural. They're not all the same race.

darktyranitar
24th February 2006, 05:06 AM
Wait, I think I know this...

Lady Mii is an Al-Bhed, Jymian is a Ronso, and Sycot is a Nush-Nush.

On another note: My fic is in the question, eh? :biggrin:

Lady Vulpix
24th February 2006, 05:23 AM
You're right! You win a Natu Plaque, darktyranitar! Congratulations!
Technically, Jymian is half human, but that seems to have only affected his coloring, so saying he's a Ronso is a valid answer.

How is your fic in the question?

darktyranitar
24th February 2006, 09:57 PM
I meant the top 10 Pokemon question of the Demon Inside fic, that's all.
Whee, I got a plaque! ...So, do I have to make a plaque of my own?

And the question... What is the name of the two characters in the fic "Bloody Sword" by EvilMewf0ur/ Asylum that was based on two old wrestler, Road Warrior Animal and Hawk?

This one for a Gengar plaque.

mr_pikachu
24th February 2006, 10:28 PM
Even though I don't follow wrestling, I might know this one. Were the two characters Tike and Troid?

Mewfour
25th February 2006, 01:42 AM
Even though I don't follow wrestling, I might know this one. Were the two characters Tike and Troid?

BZZZZT!! Wrong. *slimes you*

If anything, Tike and Troid would be Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho respectively. :)

darktyranitar
25th February 2006, 04:08 AM
Yep, like Evil Mewf0ur said, wrong answer.

Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho? Hm, I never think about it that way.

mr_pikachu
25th February 2006, 04:09 AM
Okay, then maybe they're the other major rivals, Trav and Ryle?

EDIT: Jeez, I almost forgot to congratulate you on your first plaque. How negligent of me. Great job, darktyranitar! :yes:

Lady Vulpix
25th February 2006, 07:00 AM
Whee, I got a plaque! ...So, do I have to make a plaque of my own?
I can make this one for you. Behold Natu in all its awesome smallness!
http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/5792/natu9oq.gif

darktyranitar
25th February 2006, 09:42 AM
Wow. Thanks for making the plaque, Gabi! :smilie:

And yes, thank you for the congratulation, mr_pikachu. :smilie:

Unfortunately, that is still not the right answer. Keep trying!

Mewfour
25th February 2006, 08:21 PM
Okay, then maybe they're the other major rivals, Trav and Ryle?

BZZZTT! Oooooooh, Punisher? *slimes j00 again*

Uh, I kinda' did base Ryle off of Brock Lesnar. Trav? Uh, Let's go with... Psicosis. Should we just tell him already? I want another Stumped TPM Plaque.

mr_pikachu
26th February 2006, 02:29 AM
Hmm. I suppose it could be Tike and Trav... that might fit the descriptions I found on the net a little better.

EDIT: And actually, since the question is darktyranitar's, he gets the plaque if the question goes unsolved.

EDIT2: Also, before I forget, I wanted to point out that the time limit on questions in this game is ten days or fifteen incorrect guesses, whichever comes first. If the question isn't solved by the time we reach one of those two limits, then you're free to post the answer and claim your prize, darktyranitar.

Mewfour
26th February 2006, 02:33 AM
Hmm. I suppose it could be Tike and Trav...

I'm running out of slime.

darktyranitar
26th February 2006, 04:53 AM
Sorry mr_pikachu. Still not the right answer.

Hmm, I guess the anwer to this one is a bit tricky. Okay, I supposed I can give a little hint: the characters are the ones who you won't expect.

Is that giving away too much, Asylum?

Mewfour
26th February 2006, 04:15 PM
Nah, that's not giving it away.

Hint: Road Warrior

Now THAT'S giving it away!

Master of Paradox
27th February 2006, 07:11 AM
Master and Blaster?

darktyranitar
27th February 2006, 10:03 AM
Nope, still not right. Keep trying.

Hey Asylum, I wonder how many people readed the finished version of Bloody Sword?

Mewfour
27th February 2006, 12:37 PM
Nope, still not right. Keep trying.

Hey Asylum, I wonder how many people readed the finished version of Bloody Sword?

Evidently, you;d be the only one. We both practically gave them the answer already.

Mewfour
5th March 2006, 01:07 PM
One more day to go. Think we should just tell him already?

Blademaster
5th March 2006, 08:27 PM
Little voice inside Evil Mewf0ur's head: Yes, tell the fools. Laughing at their stupidity no longer amuses me... :evil:

darktyranitar
6th March 2006, 01:29 AM
Hmm, I don't know... what are the probalities of people getting the answer?

(Asylum: None!)

Hmm, just one more day... patient...

darktyranitar
7th March 2006, 01:43 AM
No one have the right answer...oh well...

The answer to the question is Eagle and Spider, the Road Warrior.

So, take it away, workers.

Any words, Asylum?

mr_pikachu
7th March 2006, 07:47 AM
Ah, okay. No, I haven't gotten that far in the completed version yet; school's had me too busy. :P Good question, though, darktyranitar!

This question is for a Mudkip plaque.

In The Bittersweet Reunion by ZeldaFan20, what is the name (not species) of the Pokemon who jumps on a table, interrupting Ash and Blaine's conversation?

Good luck!

Gavin Luper
15th March 2006, 08:05 PM
It's a Houndour named PHANTOM!

^^

The ten days were nearly up, and rather than a plaque being wasted, I thought I might as well go for it. I'd never read The Bittersweet Reunion either, but it actually looked very good. I'll have to read it properly one day.

mr_pikachu
16th March 2006, 02:47 AM
Very good, Gavin! The Mudkip plaque is yours!

And yes, TBR is very good. It's one of my favorite fics, to be frank. Definitely a worthwhile read. ^_^

Gavin Luper
16th March 2006, 11:10 PM
Alrighty, a question for the oldies, this is for a Ivysaur plaque:

"Sylvia and Ian" (aka SAI) was a mega-successful trainer fic back in 2000/2001. Who wrote it?

mr_pikachu
17th March 2006, 12:49 AM
Hmm. 2000/01, eh? A tad before my time... I'll take a stab by guessing Damian Silverblade.

Andrew
17th March 2006, 07:53 PM
Snorlax trainer

Gavin Luper
19th March 2006, 08:44 AM
Brian: Nope!

Andrew: Nooooope...

Pichu Luver
24th March 2006, 09:12 PM
[font=sylfaen] Hm, well I was around 2001 (diff name obviously) and I know that title sounds familar but, well, it was a while ago. I'll guess Kingerlord?

Andrew
25th March 2006, 05:30 PM
Oh i read it all! Spoiler! Ian lost & silvia won! They fell in <3 too! But i'm sure its snorlax trainer. Hint pls

Mewfour
25th March 2006, 06:53 PM
sleepingsnorlax?

Gavin Luper
26th March 2006, 04:52 AM
Hurrah! It was SleepingSnorlax! Mewfour got it ... you were close, Oz, but it wasn't really close enough to give it to you - and Mewfour got it anyway.

(I sincerely hope that answer was right ... I'm sure it was.) :ninja: :keke:

Alrighty, Mewfour gets the plaque and rights to the next question!

Mewfour
26th March 2006, 10:44 AM
I won? Uh, oh jeez, I better think of a tough question then. Oooooh, I know:

Whos the absolute greatest writer of all time on TPM, and here's a hint, his name ends in "-f0ur!" What's the name of a fic written by JulieDacta about Lorieli of the Elite 4 getting over being defeated by Lance?

Mewfour
1st April 2006, 12:03 AM
Eight days and not even a wild guess. Damn, I'm good. Should I just spill the beans now and get this thing rolling again?

Andrew
1st April 2006, 12:41 AM
She died in a car accident julie did. I remember that fic. It was angstacular.

Mewfour
1st April 2006, 12:58 AM
She died in a car accident julie did. I remember that fic. It was angstacular.

...WTF? Bitch, you fo' real?

Andrew
1st April 2006, 01:04 AM
Fairly sure actually. M_r or tima told me

Blademaster
1st April 2006, 12:52 PM

Awkward.

darktyranitar
2nd April 2006, 08:49 AM
What the...?

Then Andrew, do you know the fic name or not?

Andrew
2nd April 2006, 05:26 PM
No.... I was just mentioning that the poor woman died.

Gavin Luper
3rd April 2006, 10:51 PM
I held off replying to that in case in was some kind of sick April Fool's Day joke ...

Are you serious Oz? How long ago was this? I'm guessing this is why she disappeared so suddenly ... egad.

:eek:

Andrew
3rd April 2006, 11:47 PM
This was like 2-3 years ago, at least I think. But I wouldn't joke about someone dying. That'd be sick.

Gavin Luper
4th April 2006, 06:50 AM
Jeez. That's really terrible. I can't believe I never knew ... how awful.

Nothing else to say, really ...

Mewfour
5th April 2006, 11:21 AM
Time's up then. It's "Accepting Fate."

*Gives self another T-shirt*