PDA

View Full Version : New Info on Final Fantasy X-2

Wild Female Machoke
14th December 2002, 02:18 PM
Look what I found down at The Magic Box (http://www.the-magicbox.com/game121302c.htm)

Square has revealed the third main character in Final Fantasy X-2, her name is Pine. An original character who uses a blade as weapon, although she is not Al Bhed but she can speak the language. She wears mostly black leather type cloths.

It is confirmed that the classic Active Time Battle system will return to the game, but there will be a number of enhancements to make the battles more challenging. A new Dress Up System is also added to the game, which allows a character to put on different costumes and "transform" to different job classes in the battles. You can change your costume with different kinds of dress spheres, the character returns to his/her original form after the battles.

Another interesting note is that Wakka and Lulu finally got married, they will be in the game along with Kimahri, but it it uncertain whether they will be playable.

WTF?!? Wakka and Lulu got married?!? :o This is absurd!!

Well anyway, check out The Magic Box (http://www.the-magicbox.com/game121302c.htm) to see the new character.

Ninetales3001
15th December 2002, 04:00 AM
)*%@)#%*@#!)% IT'S TRUE?!?!

thats HORRIBLE!!! I HATE LULU x WAKKA pairing!!! MY GOD!!! -_-;; *REALLY PISSED OFF*

I think that's HORRIBLE. I HAVE LOST SOME RESPECT for this game, just not enough to hate it :P... -_-;;;

youdontknowme
15th December 2002, 06:55 PM
lol.

I think i saw her in the trailers b4.

Ninetales3001
24th December 2002, 04:22 AM
http://nine3k1.ods.org/ffx-2/paine.jpg http://nine3k1.ods.org/ffx-2/painecg.jpg

Sorry about the Nine Online watermark - people were hotlinking off my site for their sites - so I decided to mark the pictures so they would at least give me credit while stealing my bandwidth ^^;

Anyway, this is Paine. She definately not Lulu, but my god - she is a WICKED looking character!

MetalScyther
24th December 2002, 03:19 PM
FFX: Another story said in a non-directly way that Lulu and Wakka were married, thus, many of us new this a long time ago, but it isn't a big deal. :D

Anyways, I think the new character = bad. She looks so retarded...yuck.

Bashamo909
24th December 2002, 05:50 PM
i think that final fantasy x-2 is going to be dumb. why could'nt they make one like a sequel to ff7.

Ninetales3001
25th December 2002, 02:00 AM
Easy... FFX was popular, so they want to keep the FFX fans alive by making a sequal to it. That's simple. Even though it maybe a fanservice, I loved FFX, and I am looking VERY forward to this game.

And, about the Lulu and Wakka thing - yes FFX Another Story DID "indirectly" say that they were married, but rumours flew around that it was a mistranslation, or just a hype. That's why it was a bigger shock to people. Now that it is 100% definate - people are taking it. I refused to believe that they would be marred when the willy nilly facts and rumours flew around.

PNT510
25th December 2002, 02:31 AM
Is it just me or does this new character look simalar to Yuna?

woz
25th December 2002, 06:18 PM
after extensive play of FFX over the past weeks i fail to see why everyone likes it so much anyway...it seems you are all graphics whores or the such...the FMVs were quite good...but the worst part was the "cutscenes" where the characters and story were "well developed"...infact they were just poor. the battle system was nice...and the side quests, like the dark aeons and such were a good inclusion. the story dragged on and on..it was boring and failed to capture my interest when they kept pouring cutscenes that had no relevance and a stupid plot twist at the end, which failed at it's attempt to make me feel for the characters....meh...it wasn't that bad, but it isn't as great as everyone says it is...i'd give it 7/10 at most...just my opinion though.

moving on, this game is just square's way of making some easy money because they know all the retards out there will lap up this game like it was the best game ever...whatever. i won't buy this game.

Wergoheb
27th December 2002, 12:33 PM
i think it would be hard for any character to suck worse than Tidus... because he was one of the most annoying and unlovable characters in any final fantasy (at least he wasn't another irvine)

FFX was loved by so many because people who usially suck at video games can beat it... my sister for example. If you have any idea what you are doing, you can beat the hell out of FFX.

As the sequil goes, I will probably do what i did with the first one: Rent it and not give it back untill it's 18 days overdue.

The Muffin Man
27th December 2002, 06:32 PM
Woz has a point. This is another sad attempt at slapping FFX on something to rake in the dough. What's next, FF-Flies on ****?

Easy... FFX was popular

So was FF3, 7, 8, 9. And except for 8, all of them were FAR superior to FF10. FF10 is the second worse final Fantasy(we'll overlook Mystic Quest. That's a given as crap). I don't understand the hype, especially around Yuna. She was one of the fakest, flakiest, most uninteresting characters I've seen. Tidus bothered me, as he was either bragging, whining, or flirting with Yuna. He's a Blitzball player with some pretty bad stats in Blitzball at first, and to top it off, Auron tosses him a sword and he barely lifts it, but in seconds he's a master of the blade. Hmmmm...

Blah. I gave FF8 a 6/10, and I give FF10 a 6.5/10...

Eyedolize
28th December 2002, 12:52 AM
Admit it, at least this game looks better than FFXI, since XI is basically online play, which would require a big wallet to enjoy the game. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward FFX-2, and the new character is definitely a rocker. You can tell by her looks.