PDA

View Full Version : Longtime fanfiction moderator promoted, and we welcome a new mod

Jeff
13th October 2011, 09:30 PM
Gavin Luper, who has modded TPM's fanfiction forum since 2004, has been promoted as TPM's newest super moderator. Gavin has been known for his dedication to TPM as well as his long-running fanfic "Lisa the Legend". He was inducted into TPM's fanfiction hall of fame in October of 2008. Below is his profile from the hall of fame.

Gavin Luper joined TPM on April 1, 2001. Widely recognized as one of the Fanfiction forum’s strongest writers, he is responsible for 24 creative works on TPM, including Pokémon: Kohtu, The Crystal League, ~Zephyr~, Dane Orion, The First March, Only Human, The Chain of Destiny, The Keystone Conspiracy, Holloway, The Silent Man, Uninvited, The Weatherman and Paint. He has also written poems such as Woman of the Earth, Daimler, Beware Poisons, The Choices, White, Portobello Girl, Everything and Nothing, Burning Ear, and Crop's Cream. The Puppetslaves United poetry anthology, adapted from a university project, was a chilling portrayal of modern society, addiction, and our imprisonment within our own lives. Gavin Luper's epic Lisa the Legend, an ever-expanding tale of the war over the three legendary dogs and the single longest-running piece on the forums, is widely considered to be TPM's best fanfic. LTL, as his most famous piece is often abbreviated, popularized the use of cliffhangers in Fanfic thanks to his flair for the dramatic.

Gavin Luper, or "Kristian" as his close friends call him, has freely contributed his expert knowledge to the forums for years. He cemented his status as the authority on good writing by reviving the Fanfiction Reviewer Organisation in 2003 and serving as its leader. The reviews offered by his society are some of the most detailed and helpful of all responses in Fanfic. Other groups have followed his example and use the FFRO rating scale for different purposes; these include, most notably, scoring for the periodic Fanfiction Writing Contests.

He has hosted the biannual Fanfic Awards – later renamed the Golden Pen and Silver Pencil Awards – and has won many of those prizes himself. With his powerful prose, Gavin Luper is a constant threat to take home the coveted Awards Award, given to the fanficcer who wins the most Golden Pens or Silver Pencils in any particular season. He is the only member in history to win the Awards Award twice, accomplishing that rare feat in the 2006 and the first 2007 Silver Pencil Awards.

Gavin Luper suggested the idea for the popular Fanfic Trivia Game, a staple in The Writers Lounge, and co-founded the Fanfiction Hall of Fame with mr_pikachu in 2008. He was a core member of the team that revived the Fanfiction Forum E-zine, and has served as editor-in-chief for five editions while writing eight articles. As a partial response to many reader demands to use his talent and get published, Gavin Luper published "The Unique Predicament of the Fanficcer," his analysis of the struggle for fanfiction writers nearing the professional level, in the October 2008 E-zine.

Gavin Luper became a Fanfiction moderator on July 19, 2004.

UPDATE:
Hot off the heels of Gavin Luper's promotion, Telume has been made moderator of the TPM news forum. Telume joined TPM in 2008, and quickly made a name for himself by setting up TPM's IRC channel. He's been instrumental in getting the main site back online by helping to set the up the server. Congratulations, Telume!

Shadow Wolf
13th October 2011, 09:47 PM
Well, I already said it on Misc. But it doesn't hurt to say it again...

Congratulations Gavin! A well deserved promotion! :)

EDIT: Well, I don't feel like posting twice, so congrats Telume! :)

Mikachu Yukitatsu
14th October 2011, 01:22 AM
I remember Pokemon Kohtu! Kohtu is Finnish for womb...

But congratulations Gavin Luper!

Gavin Luper
14th October 2011, 06:14 AM
I remember Pokemon Kohtu! Kohtu is Finnish for womb...

But congratulations Gavin Luper!

Hahaha wow, that cracked me up, I had no idea! Although I have a weird feeling you may have mentioned it once before, actually, well after the fact, though ...

Thanks for the congratulations, guys!

Lady Vulpix
14th October 2011, 09:35 AM
I've said it many times, but congrats, Gavin/Kristian!

And let's also congratulate Leonard a.k.a. Telume, the new TPM News mod!

And since we're at it, we can also congratulate the new subforum Trophy Hoard - GGG Colections! If you can find a way to congratulate a forum. :rolleyes:

Gavin Luper
14th October 2011, 09:39 AM
A day of celebrations it seems ... congrats Leonard and congrats new forum thingo!

:partyhat:

Jeff
14th October 2011, 10:07 AM
So much congratulations to go around!

All well deserved!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
14th October 2011, 11:20 AM
And since we're at it, we can also congratulate the new subforum Trophy Hoard - GGG Colections! If you can find a way to congratulate a forum. :rolleyes:

That's brilliant! Makes me want to start playing Pokemon BrainStrain!

And congratulations Telume! More Spanish color to the lead!

Blademaster
14th October 2011, 01:56 PM
Congrats, guys. ^^

Magmar
14th October 2011, 04:28 PM
Congratulations, Telume :) yay!!

Congrats again Gavin!

Cheers!

Telume
14th October 2011, 10:31 PM
Call me Leo. Please. D:<

kainashi