PDA

View Full Version : Mikachu's Ancient Writings

Mikachu Yukitatsu
2nd September 2009, 07:53 AM
Here's a topic where I post my old writings from 1999 to 2004 or something. Some of them are school compositions but there's some other stuff as well. And everything will be in English, including the writings that were originally in Finnish or even a third language.

Let's start off with my topic from a Finnish forum in 2002, about when I left TPM for the first time.

Here's some vocabulary:

MTV3 a TV channel here in Finland.

Haapavesi my former hometown.

Lukio a school corresponding Senior High School, Finns go there usually 16-18 years old.

Helsingin Sanomat a Finnish newspaper.

Nyt-Liite a weekly supplement of Helsingin Sanomat.

SubTV another Finnish TV channel.

I Wonder What MTV3 Has In Mind Now...

Friday the 6th of September: they display a coffee automaton in Haapaveden Lukio for free. I, Mikachu Yukitatsu, drink 2 cups of coffee and one of capuccino. Two last hours are French language. I do the exercises in an extreme speed and raise hand constantly. Speeded by the coffee, I hurry into the library after school in oder to read Helsingin Sanomat. I'm going to look at two things from Nyt-Liite.

1) When will Pokemon be seen tomorrow, when autumn starts, in a way?
2) Would there be Finnish comments to laugh at, about BiShooJoSenShi Sailor Moon that starts tomorrow in SubTV, which I'm going to travel to Kokkola to watch?

Nothing new on Sailor Moon, only Sailor Mars's (although she isn't at all in the first episode) picture and a self-evident text. Then my attention is caught by MTV3's program offering: instead of a "brand new" Johto episode, there's the 77th episode as a rerun: Round One - Fight! What first comes into my mind, which poison did they put in the coffee since I have hallucinations, but anyway!

A pessimistic conclusion: what if MTV3 is quitting little by little?

Here's an optimistic wish: perhaps they'll add more money due to the complaints, and would show something which should have come long ago? What'll come after the episode that apparently will be shown soon as a rerun?

PokemonRiigu! Saigo No Tatakai! (Pokemon League! The Last Battle!) Masara Town! Aratanaru Tabitachi! (Pallet Town! New journeys!) and then...

Could it be that they have repented and are going to show Orange League? Wouldn't it be interesting to follow? Does it matter that we are apparently leaving eve more far behind America, England and other countries? Or is Pokemon's story in our land Finland finished? Couldn't they show several animes at a time here? Is Mizuno Ami as good in Finnish as in Maths? Are my brains hyperactive? Should the lukio coffee maker have a possibility to get decaf coffee? Is there too many questions here?

Houndoom_Lover
2nd September 2009, 11:46 AM
You're writting! ^w^ I hadda come see this. I like steam of consceience stuff *nuzzles in for a long stay*

Mikachu Yukitatsu
10th September 2009, 12:22 AM
I browsed through an old notebook, but all of my compostions in it seemed so boring and stupid. However, this is one of the less stupid ones. I left the grammatical and other errors there. Also, our teacher said we shouldn't force the difficult structures there just to show we can use them, but I still did. Yet one more thing, I still find the ending of this composition extremely clumsy. However, I got 10 out of 10, here in Finland we have this system where 4 is the worst and 10 the best.

Extraterrestial Life

As far as our solar system in concerned, Earth is the only planet that seems to be inhabited. The majority of Earth's surface is water, we have an atmosphere which prevents harmful radiation from getting too close the living beigns, enough carbon dioxide for plants and enough oxygen for animals. The temperature is also suitable, although someone here in Finland might disagree.

The circumstances on the other planets of our solar system are not so pleasant. The Sun has blown Mercury's atmosphere completely away ages ago, some important elements, solid here on Earth would melt on Venus and Mars's polar glaciers are not water but carbon dioxide. Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune do not have a solid surface, so nobody could walk there, let alone Pluto which gets only a little sunlight.

Many scientists believe that life could not be born in such conditions, and that's why they think that it is no use searching evidence there. But how much do we really know about the birth of life? It is still a mystery even on our planet. How do we know that there are not creatures swimming in the waters of Jupiter's satelite Europa, or even in the lava of Venus or perhaps there are some inhabitants floating around in Sautrn's atmosphere.

And even if those scientists mentioned were right, there are millions of other solar system in not only our own galaxy, but also other galaxies. It si highly probable that we are not alone.

But I am not ompitmistic about those who have devoted their lives to searching for extraterrestial life. Do the aliens really want to contact us?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
11th September 2009, 10:14 PM
I found another old notebook, and it had some a bit better stuff.

An Impossible Composition

It was a day when everything seemed to go well. At least it was, until I got homework from my German language teacher. I had chosen German instead of French, and I still cannot help thinking was that really a good idea.

Anyway, that piece of homework was like this: I had to write a story at home. All my friends thought it would be a piece of cake for me because I enjoy writing stories at home. But the limitations on the topic made me feel that it should be written about a character who lives in the real world. The stories which I am used to writing often tell about characters who dwell in places completely different from this planet. And I was nearly finished my first fantasy book, "Nightshade". There was no room for other kinds of stories in my thoughts.

But I had to write something. I checked out all my previous compostions in order to get some ideas there. "Dragonfire". "Magic Spells". "Final Fantasy". "Legend of Dragon". "Tales of Destiny". "Lord of The Thunder". "Warriors in Flames". "Elven Fortifications". "Mountains of Immortals". "Ice Castle". All of them were about some kind of an imaginary world.

Suddenly a weird idea came to my mind. I encouraged myself to write a composition about a person who was trying to write a composition! I was not very satisfied with the result, especially the end was too abrupt. The teacher gave me from it much better points than I had expected. Maybe I was just too self-critical. But I am not going to try this again.