PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon TCG: Origin of the Cards!

Charles Legend
3rd May 2009, 07:13 PM
Pokemon TCG: Origin of the Cards!

~Prologue

Mark was Snoring Loudly on the couch as his two best friends Mint and Set were shaking there heads sadly looking at several cards laying on the table in front of them.

“I just don’t get how are Pokemon were turned into cards.” Mint Said as she looked at a card that used to be her Chikorita who was crying.

“I Know Mint.” Set said Looking at the card that used to be his Totodile who started dancing. “Man it’s just not the same beating Mark’s Cyndaquil this way, if I ever find out who did this I’ll make them pay dearly for what they have done!”

“Yeah I quite agree with you Set, I miss playing with my Pokemon how I used to.” Mint said as tears flowed from her eyes. “I mean We only just started as Pokemon Trainers last week, I Just can’t stand it, Mark wake up you Couch Potato, We are going to see Professor Cardealém’s Lab!” then she and Set picked up their cards and put them into their pockets.

“In a minute mom, I just beat Rod and he is taking me into the Hall of Fame.” Mark muttered.

*Smack*

“Ouch, Mint why did you do that for?” Mark asked rubbing his cheek were just Mint slapped him waking him up.

“Mark If you ever dare call me Mom again, I’ll Drop Kick you to Faraway Island!” Mint said pointing her finger in Mark’s face and then left the room, her blue hair bouncing behind her.

“Boy you sure have a way with women Mark.” Set Joked as he ran his hand threw his shoulder length red hair. Then game Mark a headlock and a nuggie to Mark’s black hair and dragged him out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A man stood before a machine that was drawing the energy from a white Pokémon with a gold ring near it’s front shoulders.

“Hehe I dismay even the grate Lawrence III would ever have dream of catching you, of course he did try and failed to catch Lugia at one point. I mean if he could not even catch the Beast of the Sea, then really what chance did he have against you the one they call a God, then again he may pay me a nice amount for you once you have been turned in to a highly thought after collator’s item.” The man Laughed evilly. “ I must admit it was all thanks to that maniac named Cyrus who tried to create his own world that I found the Entrance to the Hall of Origin in the first place.”

<“YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT'S AT STAKE HUMAN!”> Growled the Pokemon.

“I could care less, Pokemon are nothing more then Prize Cards just waiting to be collected!” The man said Lazily. "sure this world will become boring but still I'd say your woth a lest a Million Dollars."

<“YOU FOOL HOW DARE YOU TREAT ME LIKE I'M NOTHING MORE THEN A STAMP COLLATION!”> Roared the Pokemon.

“Ha, even the grate Pluto, or even Professor Young could not have in even their widest dreams have ever conceived the greatest invention, in the world, The E.R.S, Behold My brilliance!” The man said and held up three holographic energy cards. “Sure every grass, Bug, Fire, Water and Ice type Pokemon were turned into cards a side effect I did not foresee, however it is a little concern to me.” The man grinned evilly.

<“YOU WILL NOT WIN MORTAL!” Howled the pokemon and sent a golden beam out of it’s body.

“What did you Just do you foal best!” Roared the man.

<“ Oh I just sent a message to a friend of mine that’s all, it‘s not like I have not seen you humans send an email to one of your friends.”> Smirked the Pokemon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yeah this Fic is about the Pokemon Trading Card Game... Well it's some what set in the Pokémon Animé world... although it dose take place in the Holon regent and the Gameboy Islands... ;)

~Charles Legend

PancaKe
27th May 2009, 09:01 PM
Hey! Just had a quick readthrough; (i'm avoiding an assignment at the moment but anyhoo...) and you've got an interesting story here. reminds me a bit of Card Captors meets pokemon lol.

A few things to work on, like grammar, but I don't have time to point out errors here and there. I'm curious to see where you take this though :-)

Houndoom_Lover
28th May 2009, 07:27 PM
Oh my gosh! ^-^ This is gunna be so much fun ^__^ *curls up around the story* And I caught it at chapter one. It makes me want dumplings. So bad. I wish I had money. To buy them.

I excite for this story~ *vrooms away*

Charles Legend
29th May 2009, 01:12 AM
Hey! Just had a quick readthrough; (i'm avoiding an assignment at the moment but anyhoo...) and you've got an interesting story here. reminds me a bit of Card Captors meets Pokémon lol.

A few things to work on, like grammar, but I don't have time to point out errors here and there. I'm curious to see where you take this though :-)

Thank you first of all for replying and , well no I actually Ironicly I got the Idea from Yugioh, (I call it Ironic because as far as I know this is one of the only fics based off of the Pokemon Trading card game, were as Yugioh has at lest a dozon here at TPM) Bokugon, and Dinosaur King, only insted of the monsters coming from the cards they are being traped in the cards...

Also yes I partly based Mark Mint ans Set off of Gold, Kris and Silver... that is do to the fact that I been thinking a lot about Jotho lately, and yes I know...

Oh my gosh! ^-^ This is gunna be so much fun ^__^ *curls up around the story* And I caught it at chapter one. It makes me want dumplings. So bad. I wish I had money. To buy them.

I excite for this story~ *vrooms away*

Well I don't know about that, Houndy I don't have that much planed out yet but I well say this a lot of trainers in the fic will be mad that their Pokémon were turned into cards...

Oh and just a small note Professor Cardealém has a a double meaning Card deal em and wllI also based his name off of cardamom which is the name of is used for herbs within two genera of the ginger family...

Also while I have not worked on the story that much I have started to make a new over wold map of the regent in which this fic takes place in, which may help to some degree...

Up next on their way to Porf. Cardealém's Lab Mark, Mint and Set recive a mesage from two talking dogs. The Professor give each of them a starter deck based off their starter Pokemon, Mark receives the Cyndaquil and Friends Deck, Mint receives the Chikorita and Friends deck, and Set receives the Totodile and Friends Deck.

~charles Legend

Shuppet Master
29th May 2009, 11:50 AM
Yu-Gi-Oh is different because it didn't have any franchise before the card game was created; the creator had written an arc before Duelist Kingdom, but it wasn't as interesting - just Yugi going around playing "penalty games" against bad guys and then battling Seto Kaiba after getting through a dangerous maze.

Pokemon, on the other hand, has a big franchise that had been going on before the Trading Card Game came out, one which is more interesting to readers due to the anime. I am not saying that your fanfic will fail, just that you need to fix the formatting a bit and make the card game mechanics interesting.