PDA

View Full Version : 8-7-04 to 22-2-05 archive 35 Galloping Heebeejeebies Road, Smiley Town

Pages : 1 [2]

Gavin Luper
18th November 2004, 03:55 AM
*pulls out mod whacking stick*

*smashes mr_pikachu into middle of next decade*

WWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAA THAT FELT GOOOOOOOD! 8)

Yes, your apology for being a rabble rouser is accepted. Lol. Anyhow, I said Wednesday-ISH. Today happens to be Thursday. Tara said she'll have the voting topic up sometime tomorrow, so there. Lol. Tis fun to have a mod whacking stick.

Also, exams for me over the next couple of weeks, so my activity may be compromised until the 3rd of December.

And, as for the changes - not telling :P

Cheers!

Leon-IH
18th November 2004, 04:58 AM
It's thursday in 2 hours here, four for you Gavin seeing as you in WA.

Have a good one everyone - i've gotta get off my arse and do my english work (man, I hate writing out of either Horror or Medieval genres)

Suite Madame Blue
18th November 2004, 02:44 PM
Well, I'm leaving for a week, so post it quick, or keep voting open till after Nov. 30, because you all know how vital my opinion is around here. *Ducks all the Mod whacking sticks, freshly sharpened knives, and various blunt objects suddenly thrown her way*

Seriously, I do want to participate and cast my vote, because there are fics and writers on this board that deserve recognition.

Other than that, bye for a week, and happy Thanksgiving to those of you in the US! (insert dancing turkey here)

Pig on the Wing
18th November 2004, 03:46 PM
Happy Thanksgiving... I hope your celebratory turkey is worth the lives of the Indians that were slaughtered for it. Murderer. *rant-rant*

Anyways, been relatively inactive in this thread. But now I'm back, so fear me. Mwa ha ha.

Argh, just had first GSCE Science module today :eek: Don't think I did too badly, but you never no...

Went to see the Finn Bros. of Crowded House (to anybody that's heard of them) last week, seeing The Darkness in December (yay high-pitched vocals) and then Runrig (if anybody's heard of them, I'll pay them) in February. Then maybe seeing U2 next year sometime on their tour. Yayness.
And while I'm blabbering on, whose heard of Pink Floyd? And likes them? And knows a little bit about them? aka...
OMFG ROGER WATERS MIGHT BE COMING BACK FOR A CHARITY TOUR WITH THE REST OF THE BAND NEXT YEAR OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111oneoneone.
Er...

Yeah, so, er, that's my booooooooooooooooring post over and done with. Go ahead, sue me, see if I care.

PancaKe
18th November 2004, 07:17 PM
I wanna see the darkness! They are awesome cool!!!!

while we're on the subject of seeing bands, I'm going to the 2005 Big Day Out in sydney!!! And Beastie Boys are going. So are SYSTEM OF A DOWN (way cool) and Slipknot, and a whole bunch of others. I mainly want to see System of a Down though thats the only reason I'm going. :P

mr_pikachu
18th November 2004, 10:13 PM
*limps into room*

Ow... ow... ow... the pain! Ugh... stupid mod stick thingies...

Well... *wince* I think it worked, at least. The voting topic is up... so vote, dangit! Don't make my suffering at the hands of Gavin be in vain!

Rabble rousers forever! *clutches knee* Ooh... ow... urk...

PancaKe
18th November 2004, 10:18 PM
Well... *wince* I think it worked, at least. The voting topic is up... so vote, dangit! Don't make my suffering at the hands of Gavin be in vain.

Oy. I was the one who put up the voting topic. don't give gav more credit than he deserves.

mr_pikachu
19th November 2004, 12:02 AM
True, but Gavin was the one who pulverized me with his stick. I never said he was the one who posted the topic. Besides, for all I know, my "rabble rousing" got you to post the topic... while Gavin was beating me up.

...Can he be impeached from his mod position for assault? 'Cause that really hurt...

*stick flies out of nowhere and hits in head*

OWW!

EDIT: Oh, and before I forget, get well soon! Tonsilitis is not fun! :no:

Leon-IH
20th November 2004, 03:34 AM
Everyone calm down, Pika - Tonsilitis probably isn't fun.

few points for the record
1. Pika, your image in your sig after the 'winner of the match fanfic writing contest' doesn't show up for me.
2. Silver Pencils voting = mass reading = passed out me.
3. I'm posting to make this smiley town somewhat more or less smiley... depends on your perspective.

PancaKe
20th November 2004, 08:03 PM
Leon ~ your sig freaks me.

mistysakura
21st November 2004, 12:15 AM
Leon, what e-mail? Anyway, speaking of sigs, I have to say that I agree with everything that's in Tara's. Yes, including the WPM bit. I mean, half the "annoying" stuff he's done would have been fine if someone else had done it. In other news, camp was cool. Our raft capsized once, it was scary. But other than that and the last day when it rained, it was fun, especially with pushing each other into the river and stuff. And now I'm back to mod duty, so beware.

Leon-IH
21st November 2004, 01:28 AM
Oh nos, my sig is scaring people better change it to something seriously scary and see if anyone is actually scared by that :D

in other sig news pancake is a mod.. for 1 day only, must be a relief for pika (safety for the rest of life after today)

Gavin Luper
21st November 2004, 01:48 AM
Heh Ada ... I disagree, although I'm not exactly fond of martial law so I'll shut my mouth. But I was with Ozzy on that one ^^

Get voting peoples! Only a few days left and we need more. It only takes a few minutes, so what are you waiting for??

PancaKe
21st November 2004, 10:50 PM
lol wats all this talk about my sig? Ey, i'll have to update it. It's been ages since i had a proper sig like this though. Lol I had random pancake pictures for ages. ^.^

And as odd as it might seem, Leon, your sig is soo true now! ^.^ but that's just the old testimate stuff. Like, leveticus and exodus and all that. Leveticus makes interesting reading. Thank God that we dont have to follow all those rules these days. *whew*

mr_pikachu
23rd November 2004, 04:07 AM
What, are you talking about Leon, my image is right th...

*stares at sig*

Well, that just sucks. How long has that thing been down? *swears* Now I'll have to find the old thread... *swears* ...and search it for the picture... *swears* ...and store it somewhere... *swears twice*

...In the morning, that is. I should not be staying up until 4 when I've got a haircut appointment at 1 in the afternoon tomorrow... er, today. :heh:

You all had better get voting, you hear? If you don't, I'll whack you with my grammarian stick! Muahahahaha!

Glad you're back from your trip, Ada. Hope you enjoyed the rafting; that's always good fun!

EDIT: Deleted the rantings of an idiot.

Gavin Luper
23rd November 2004, 07:41 AM
Brian: I know you're joking about the Tara-Ryan thing now, but it still annoys them, and it's not funny anymore. So please drop it as of now. Thank you for your cooperation.

In other news, I watched the final episode of Friends last night (yes, Australia is WAY behind America). So that was pretty sad to see such a good show end. But it was one of the best episodes ever, so funny ^^ I'm already suffering withdrawal, hopefully there's something good to take it's place :lookout:

Voting ends soon - guys, please vote! It only takes a few moments and there's no minimum number of categories to vote in. Do it right now - support your home-grown fics!!!!!!!!

Cheers!

mr_pikachu
23rd November 2004, 08:05 AM
Sorry about that, you guys. I didn't mean to really annoy you, but I guess I took it too far. I'll try to avoid the subject in the future, so that I won't get carried away. Again, sorry if I upset you two with that.

PancaKe
23rd November 2004, 11:57 PM
Lol its cool I'm over it. Soem of the comments people make are out of line, but some jokes, here and there, are absolutley fine. I think my relationship with Ryan is more an older brother little sister relationship anyway. Does anyone remember the fic we started? This Fic Is Big Enough For the Both of Us or smoething. *shrugs* that summed up our relationship well.

:D

Gavin Luper
24th November 2004, 02:55 AM
No worries, Brian. Let us all relax to the sound of tapping sticks and pan flutes. Aaaaah....

And I remember TFIBE! Twas cool.

mistysakura
24th November 2004, 04:12 AM
I remember TFIBE, I wanted you guys to continue it, but oh well. Joint fics are cool. (And while on topic of fics, remember to vote, everyone!)

Gavin, tapping sticks and pan flutes? I have to say that tapping sticks is one of the "relaxing" sounds that annoys me... but of course I just have strange taste.

Leon-IH
24th November 2004, 09:02 PM
Yahoo I got my computer upgraded and working again, and I saw that it was good.

Then I installed World of Wacraft, and I saw that it was good.

Then I was greeted by first week of an MMORPG server lag, and I punched my desk and hurt my hand :(

Say, has anyone noticed Tainted has a Slash through his name now? But he doesn't have 'BANNED' under his name - can someone tell me whats going on there?

mr_pikachu
24th November 2004, 11:00 PM
I don't actually have time to be here, but I wanted to reply to this.

Yeah, TFIBEFTBOU was truly awesome. I really wanted that to be continued, and still do, in fact. I'm pretty sure that's the best joint fic I've seen anywhere. I'm still considering a joint fic myself someday... that is, if I'm ever released from the shackles of school. :P

And you're right, Leon! I hadn't seen that yet... I wonder what's going on? I don't know why he'd do that himself, but then again, I don't understand half the stuff he does anyway. Which isn't a problem, it's just interesting. This is indeed odd, though. Hmm.

And the only MMORPGs I play are the simulated ones (i.e. the .hack series). Server lag can be really, really frustrating.

Oh, and Tara... thanks for the forgiveness. I appreciate it, and will try to avoid having to ask for it a third time on the forums. (Ugh, is that right? Jeez, I'm more of a *censored* than I thought...)

PancaKe
25th November 2004, 01:21 AM
Maybe I should talk to ryan about tfibe...

hee hee hee, t-fibe. its like a word.

^.^;;

I went to a formal on the weekend., that was lots of fun. ive got my year 10 formal coming up in a few weeks, but right now im scanning photos of the formal i went to. Maybe ill post em, i dunno :P

dratinihaunter13
25th November 2004, 03:43 AM
Say, has anyone noticed Tainted has a Slash through his name now? But he doesn't have 'BANNED' under his name - can someone tell me whats going on there?

I don't mean to butt in, but since he's not currently able to speak on the matter himself...

Tainted got banned for "In Before Lock"ing in a topic in Misc. The topic's now deleted to my understanding. Apparently he was getting spammy in a topic started by firepokemon which was spammish to begin with. I'm trying to get him unbanned since we all know he's actually a great guy and a great member, but it may take some time.

so in memoriam..
adieu,
dh13

Leon-IH
25th November 2004, 08:42 AM
Thanks dh13, may Tainted be unbanned - waiting on his new fanfic chapters.

Gavin Luper
26th November 2004, 09:00 PM
We have no power really, we can only see what the Bosses say ...

PancaKe
27th November 2004, 05:19 AM
I don't mean to butt in, but since he's not currently able to speak on the matter himself...

Tainted got banned for "In Before Lock"ing in a topic in Misc. The topic's now deleted to my understanding. Apparently he was getting spammy in a topic started by firepokemon which was spammish to begin with. I'm trying to get him unbanned since we all know he's actually a great guy and a great member, but it may take some time.

so in memoriam..
adieu,
dh13

I'll go and stick up for him in the fight too. ^.^

Leon-IH
27th November 2004, 09:18 AM
If he does get the unban someone should probably tell him :)

In other news staying up late playing computer games = bad for memory.

dratinihaunter13
27th November 2004, 08:26 PM
We have no power really, we can only see what the Bosses say ...

But we can lobby goddamit :patriot:

EDIT: hey, it worked. He's unbanned now. Somebody tell him if they can get a hold of him! Welcome back when ya get here Mr. Hunter.

Tainted
27th November 2004, 10:37 PM
Yeah, I'm back. I had a little chat with Suzie, and despite what most people say, she's pretty nice. Well, I'm baked out of my face now, just had an awesome party-- and I'm unbanned. Woot, time to get back to my story, and such and such. Thanks for fighting for me and shit-- I really appreciate it, considering I figured everyone hated me at these forums save a few people.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

mistysakura
28th November 2004, 12:30 AM
Hey, welcome back! Guess our protesting worked. And yeah, Suzie can be nice, as long as you don't try and talk to her first thing in the morning or when she's got a hangover or something. (Haven't had that experience myself, thankfully ;))

mr_pikachu
28th November 2004, 12:34 AM
Welcome back, Tainted. I hope you continue to post your fanfics here on the boards. :yes:

On a side note, how is the vote counting coming?

Gavin Luper
28th November 2004, 01:44 AM
You're back! About time! :tongue:

Good to have you back, I'm glad Suzie unbanned you so quickly!

As for the voting, I've counted all but two or three of the people's submissions, so we should be able to have the awards up by next weekend - I would be doing it now but exams begin tomorrow and last for a week, so I'll need every ounce of time and luck I can muster.

Cheers!

Leon-IH
28th November 2004, 07:49 AM
Welcome back Tainted, the only people who hate you here are the people who argued the creation side in the old 'historical accuracy of the bible' thread a few months ago!!

Pig on the Wing
28th November 2004, 09:27 AM
Yes indeed, welcome back.

Screw the mods I say. Power to the people! *chants*

dratinihaunter13
28th November 2004, 11:24 PM
Screw the mods I say.

*urge to use mod whacking stick suppressed* :prod: just letting you know it's there =D

welcome back (ma$e style)

Suite Madame Blue
29th November 2004, 05:37 PM
Welcome back, Tainted, sorry to hear about your banning, even though I didn't read about it till just now. Looks like I missed voting too. :sweat: Eh, sorry about that, I was rushing around getting stuff done for family vacation, and never got the chance. m_p, I submit to your grammarian stick!

Well, I had a fun week, capped off by watching the Niners get creamed by the Miami Dolphins at Candlestick Park. OK, being the worst team in the NFL isn't so fun, but being at the game was great. Good food, good friends, nice day, LaToya London singing the National Anthem. All I can say is: These are rebuilding years! Yeah, that's it!

PancaKe
29th November 2004, 10:59 PM
Yay for tainted being back.

And besides, nobody hates you. You're just paranoid

Tainted
30th November 2004, 06:58 AM
Welcome back, Tainted, sorry to hear about your banning, even though I didn't read about it till just now. Looks like I missed voting too. :sweat:

That sucks, considering you were the only one to nominate me for any author/fanfiction awards.

And PancaKe, aren't we all a little paranoid sometimes?

Anyway-- with regards to football, the 49ers blow, but I suppose I shouldn't be saying much considering I'm a fan of Green Bay... Nobody likes Green Bay, at least where I live nobody likes Green Bay... I'm the lone cheesehead up in Canada.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Gavin Luper
30th November 2004, 07:22 AM
Monica: You like Green Bay?

Phoebe: LIKE, OF COURSE, IT'S MY FAVOURITE BAY.

^^ Sorry. I'm just really missing Friends. And you mentioned Green Bay.

*cheers* GREEN-BAY, GREEN-BAY!

Suite Madame Blue
30th November 2004, 09:01 AM
Look on the bright side, Gavin, there's always DVDs.

I don't know Green Bay's record, but nobody's worse than San Francisco at this point. :cry: But these are not the Lean Years. Say it with me: Re-build-ing.

OK, to introduce a new topic: I've been thinking about stupid song lyrics. See, I've had Horse With no Name stuck in my head, and the one line that keeps replaying itself is "The heat was hot." No...really? :what: So I want to know what stupid lyrics you've heard. Include the lyrics, song title, and artist.

Example: "My lips are like a volcano that's hot" Elvis Presley, All Shook Up.

PancaKe
30th November 2004, 10:52 PM
Seinfeld > Friends

and....

"what is with the pie, pizza pizza pie?" System of a Down - Chic n stu

^.^ maddest song

mr_pikachu
30th November 2004, 11:26 PM
"It's peanut butter jelly time!" Don't know who sings it or the name of the song (sorry), but I heard it once on the radio. What is that line supposed to mean? :confused:

Law and Order > Seinfeld and Friends. Ha!
(Note: I mean the original. The spinoffs aren't quite as good.)

PancaKe
1st December 2004, 05:30 AM
u cant compare seinfeld with law and order.

its like comparing apples and oranges.

it doesnt work.

The Blue Avenger
1st December 2004, 07:31 PM
Law and Order > (Seinfeld = Friends)

Anyway, as for stupid song lyrics... some of the most disjointed lyrics come from F-Zero GX. For example...

"You lose, I win..." etc. Daigoroh's theme music. Meanwhile, I'm just sitting there thinking, "What the heck?"

mr_pikachu
2nd December 2004, 02:10 AM
Yeah, I know you can't compare Seinfeld with Law and Order. LAO is just too far above the level of "the show about nothing". ;)

Hmm... stupid song lyrics... oh, how about track 15 on the Pokemon 2000 soundtrack? You know, "Dance of the Bellossom"? It was nothing but the cries of the Pokemon during that one scene in the Pikachu mini-movie... it's annoying when I'm in a bad mood, because I listen to that CD to simmer down. Of course, even more annoying is that fact that it's stuck in my car's CD player, which just happens to be broken. I have nightmares about the bills for a new one. Ugh. :P

PancaKe
2nd December 2004, 06:11 AM
I think disney songs have the most annoying lyrics. And all of them sound the same, just different tunes.

Suite Madame Blue
2nd December 2004, 03:04 PM
I meant songs that you hear on the radio, really. I think most soundtrack songs are stupid.

Another one that bugs me is Cowboy when Kid Rock talks about sailing down the coast and going to Tijuana. Tijuana's inland! But I guess it's too much to ask for him to look at a map.

Tainted
2nd December 2004, 04:16 PM
Speaking of Tijuana-- where's everyone going for winter break?... Or summer break for you crazy southern hemisphere people.

I'm going to Cancun for a week in a little bit. Five star hotel, all expenses paid, Dad says I can drink all the beer I want for free. To quote Quagmire: Aaaaaallright.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

dratinihaunter13
2nd December 2004, 07:49 PM
That cancun trip is one sweet deal. I'll just be back home in Kansas City, but I'll be glad to be off classes. Though Arizona winters are a lot more pleasant than the midwestern ones >_<. I'd like to go to Peru to see my cousins and stuff, but eh, gotta save that cash for future food and toilet paper. Slowly making the transition to providing for myself. sucks

PancaKe
2nd December 2004, 08:35 PM
Speaking of Tijuana-- where's everyone going for winter break?... Or summer break for you crazy southern hemisphere people.

*coughcough*

well this "crazy southern hemisphere" person is spendin a glorious 2 MONTHS off school :) i'm going to my house, my friends houses, to the shops, ot the city, to work :( and then I'm going away for two weeks in January ~ donw south to ulladulla with my family and my best friend, and then somewhere with my dad the week after.

:D

Tainted
2nd December 2004, 08:37 PM
ulladulla

This reinforces the "crazy southern hemisphere people" statement.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

PancaKe
2nd December 2004, 09:41 PM
ulladulla is a beach town down south - and its named ulladulla because of the aboriginies and their language. We've got some beauty aboriginal town names around. but my fav aussie outback town has to be "didyabringabeeralong"

^.^

mr_pikachu
3rd December 2004, 03:25 AM
Well, I'll be going on a cruise for winter break! :D Of course, we're only going on it because our summer vacation was cancelled... you know, all the trouble with our dog. :( Not to mention that the Grenada portion of the cruise was cancelled. Or, more accurately, Grenada was wiped off the map. 90% of it was destroyed in this year's hurricanes, I heard. Ouch. As my dad says, "So there were ten straw huts, and now there's one left?" He's cruel, in case you hadn't noticed. :/

We have some weird names around here, too. For instance, a lot of kids (okay, just me) learn the word "jinx" at a very early age. That's because it sounds just like one of our towns, "Jenks". Freaky, huh?

And I feel like stabbing myself in the hand right now. I posted the new version of Hangman in PCG... without a "Game" tag. Ugh. I'm waiting for a PCG mod to come online so I can beg him/her to change it. :P

Gavin Luper
3rd December 2004, 06:01 AM
HI EVERYONE.

Forgive me, I'm extremely hyper right now. Exams finished today, so technically I'm free for the summer for 2 months! Of course, my last year at high school is next year so that's freaky. But yeah. :jump: :jump:

Heh, ulladulla is nothing. How about Wagga Wagga? Or Yalgoo? Kununurra? Paraburdoo? Pannawonica?

Wow, I never realised we had such cool names for our towns.

mr_pikachu
3rd December 2004, 06:05 AM
Hey Gavin, now that you're done, you can get to counting the Fanfic Awards ballots, too!

*shovels more work on the pile*

You'd best get to work! ;)

PancaKe
3rd December 2004, 07:36 AM
you know what would be cool? Fanfic hangman! lol :-P do u rekon we'd get n trouble from the admins?

no matter, as if they come in here anyway.

Leon-IH
3rd December 2004, 07:53 AM

I'm crazy, w00t! And im going nowhere, DAMNIT!

My last exam was today but I gotta go back in later cause of lockers/booklists, but besides that I'm free of school for a while.

Just so all you northern hemisphere people know I live in Ballarat, an old gold town where we celebrate an uprising that cost lives and did nothing.

Even worse this year as it's the 150th anneversary, it's hard to point out that despite the people getting a voice the guy they chose was a jackass, story of Australia really.

Suite Madame Blue
3rd December 2004, 09:46 AM
We're staying in town for Christmas. Sort of obligated to, really, because we left for Thanksgiving. If we skipped town for Christmas too the family would never forgive us.

Cancun is cool. The drinking age in Mexico is something like 18, and they rarely card.

In Oregon we have towns called Christmas Valley, Boring, Zigzag, and Nimrod. And Wanker's Corner is a place in Portland.

The Blue Avenger
3rd December 2004, 10:49 PM
You now make me want to move to Oregon. All we have here is bland ol' Raleigh. Bleh.

mistysakura
4th December 2004, 12:24 AM
Meh, us southern hemisphere people are crazy. Like Australia, for instance. We celebrate the Eureka uprising (as Leon-IH said) and apparently Gallipoli is a great event although we lost. Meh. But we do get six weeks of holidays now, so summer rocks. Am going back to Hong Kong to visit my family, where I get to stare at people wrapped in coats and scarves although it's really not that cold. (Yes, that was random.)

Fanfic hangman sounds fun.

Gavin Luper
5th December 2004, 05:08 AM
Hangman sounds like fun! Maybe I'll be able to win something for a change *glares at Trivia Game* ... and to think, I came up with the idea for it too ... :dead:

These holidays we're going to Perth (yay!) for Christmas, which is fun. And yeah. Other than that just enjoying life. :)

Cheers!

Leon-IH
5th December 2004, 06:01 AM
Meh, us southern hemisphere people are crazy. Like Australia, for instance. We celebrate the Eureka uprising (as Leon-IH said)

Your lucky, you don't live about 5 km's from the site of Eureka and have tourists showing up waving flags every november.

I hate ignorant tourists.

Gavin Luper
5th December 2004, 08:38 PM
I just realised how stupid it is to celebrate the Eureka Stockade ... it's not like Gallipoli or anything. Fools.

^^

classy_cat18
6th December 2004, 09:06 AM
Final exams, final projects, both computers in the shop, ugh...

I'm staying home for the holidays. Hooray. :-_-:

Suite Madame Blue
6th December 2004, 12:33 PM
Wish I'd stayed home today. But noooooo, I had an appointment that involved driving 3 hours, and of course it snowed overnight, and was still snowing when I got on the road at 6:30 am. 45 minutes later, I'd rolled my car into a ditch because of all the snow. It would have been easier to just go home and cancel the appointment, and NOT wreck the car. Dammit. I'm fine, fortunately. It was just me in the car, and no other vehicle was involved. Just goes to show you can't be too careful. I need a bath, some Tylenol, and lots of coffee.

Gavin Luper
6th December 2004, 09:31 PM
Ah...the second day of holidays...perfect day for some awards compiling! Just to update, I've done everything except something which I want to confer with Tara about before I do it. Expect the results very soon!

In real life, I've been sleeping and relaxing all day for the past 2 days now, it's been great. How awesome is life? Very. :yes:

Cheers!

mr_pikachu
7th December 2004, 12:25 AM
That's no fun, Shonta. But how are you replying on TPM if your computers are busted? Is a friend being generous enough to allow you to use one?

And SMB, jeez, that's downright awful! Good to hear you're okay, but that couldn't have been fun. Hope the car isn't too badly damaged, either. Now you know to just forget about appointments when driving is as easy as walking on water. Anyway, get some rest, because we need you here! :yes:

Finally, Gavin... I thought you said the results would be up by the weekend? It's Tuesday here, so it can't possibly still be Sunday anywhere else... More broken promises, huh? ;)

P.S. Yeah, I'd be up for some Fanfic Hangman! I don't know why the admins would have a problem with it either, really, so let's get it going! :D

PancaKe
7th December 2004, 05:54 AM
^.^ Fanfic hangman ~ for any fanfic suggestions check out the postcount++ topic i made :) I love postcount ++ (thts why I love smiley town)

Tainted
7th December 2004, 06:56 AM
Wish I'd stayed home today. But noooooo, I had an appointment that involved driving 3 hours, and of course it snowed overnight, and was still snowing when I got on the road at 6:30 am. 45 minutes later, I'd rolled my car into a ditch because of all the snow. It would have been easier to just go home and cancel the appointment, and NOT wreck the car. Dammit. I'm fine, fortunately. It was just me in the car, and no other vehicle was involved. Just goes to show you can't be too careful. I need a bath, some Tylenol, and lots of coffee.

Wow, that really blows. I've been in a car drunk with all my buddies before, and one of my friends hit another car-- so, all of the passengers just got out and ran, leaving the poor driver there to deal with the guy he hit. Nobody was hurt, which was a good thing. I hope this little accident didn't hurt your reading eyes... :p

And about the hangman: go for it. Sounds good. We should use not only the names of stories, but the characters or cities etc within the stories. It'll make it a bit more interesting that way.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Suite Madame Blue
7th December 2004, 08:47 AM
m_p and Tainted: Thanks. My reading eyes are fine, as long as your typing fingers are. :tongue: The insurance claims person still has to look at the car, but I made a pretty good job of it: body damage on all 5 sides (roof included), and the rear and driver side windows busted out. Not a good way to start the week.

Fanfic hangman sounds like fun. I think anything should be fair game: titles, characters, locations, genres, even fanficcers!

mr_pikachu
7th December 2004, 09:21 AM
Fanfic hangman sounds like fun. I think anything should be fair game: titles, characters, locations, genres, even fanficcers!

I agree, but I do think that the poster should have to state which one it is at the time he/she posts the puzzle. Otherwise, things could be very confusing.

classy_cat18
7th December 2004, 09:25 AM
That's no fun, Shonta. But how are you replying on TPM if your computers are busted? Is a friend being generous enough to allow you to use one?

I'm using the computers in the school. As long as I only use the Internet before class and during breaks I won't get busted.

Suite Madame Blue
7th December 2004, 01:46 PM
I agree, but I do think that the poster should have to state which one it is at the time he/she posts the puzzle. Otherwise, things could be very confusing.
Great idea, sort of like charades. That should help narrow choices considerably, and make the game easier to play.

PancaKe
7th December 2004, 10:51 PM
^.^ weee pokemaster charades.

It's a pity that charades is one of those games that are kinda impossible to play online.

:(

mr_pikachu
8th December 2004, 01:50 AM
Great idea, sort of like charades. That should help narrow choices considerably, and make the game easier to play.

Well, I was thinking it would be more like "Wheel of Fortune"... but that works too, I suppose!

And the Fanfic Awards Results are up! Woohoo! I need to go check them out. You should, too!

*dances away*

Tainted
8th December 2004, 06:59 AM
Well, I was thinking it would be more like "Wheel of Fortune"... but that works too, I suppose!

And the Fanfic Awards Results are up! Woohoo! I need to go check them out. You should, too!

*dances away*

I was thinking the Wheel of Fortune thing too, but I figured it was too close to charades to be worth posting for. All we need to do is have a category, ie: a one word thing that hints at what the puzzle is. Like: Writer, Character, Title, City, etc.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

PancaKe
8th December 2004, 07:06 AM
Wheel of fortune online is kind of like hangman - with no wheel. :P

Suite Madame Blue
8th December 2004, 08:58 AM

*dances away*
:sweat3: Ummm...yeah. Wheel of Fortune is a better way to describe it. I plead, um, fatigue due to my traumatic experience on Monday, also, errr, whiplash. Yeah, that's it. :nut:

PancaKe
8th December 2004, 09:53 PM
If we played Wheel of Fortune we'd need to buy vowels.

$$$ cha-ching

Leon-IH
9th December 2004, 07:01 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. not wheel of fortune, now with extra bad jokes.

Well, I can supply bad jokes if wheel of fortune is brought onto the forums.

I'd like to buy an O for Over priced vowels.

Gavin Luper
9th December 2004, 08:39 AM
Agreed, vowels are ridculously overpriced. And wheel of fortune used to be good, it's taken a downturn since they tried to spruce it up.

Exam results are in - I got 85% for History!!!

:):):):):):):)

Cheers!

Suite Madame Blue
9th December 2004, 09:24 AM
OK, I'm definitely dating myself here, but I remember when Wheel of Fortune started in the 80's, and contestants used their prize money to go "shopping" after each round. Pat Sajak would direct them to a themed setup like Living Room, Patio, Kitchen, or Barbeque. Then they would pick things on the set while Pat told them how much they had left to spend. Everyone went for the big-ticket items first, hoping to avoid the cheesy lower-priced stuff, but every contestant seemed to end up with a plaster dog anyway. Wheel just hasn't been the same since they took away the humiliation factor.

We really need to start hangman, because I suck at the trivia game. :P

mr_pikachu
12th December 2004, 02:57 PM
Wow, they used to do that on Wheel? That sounds suspiciously like Shop 'til You Drop... but I suppose I could see that happening, as it was the early days of the show.

And Gavin, way to go! Congrats on the good History grade! :)

P.S. I haven't watched Wheel of Fortune since they added the Jackpot space, actually. That ruined it for me, so I'll bet that was the beginning of the show's decline.

Suite Madame Blue
13th December 2004, 02:47 PM
No speed shopping involved, just a way for contestants to pick their own prizes: "Ummm, I'll take the sofa set for $3699..."

(Pat Sajak names dollar amount left)

"OK, the coffee table and end tables for $1179..."

(Pat Sajak names dollar amount left)

"And the set of lamps for $819."

Pat Sajak: "You still have $84 left."

"I guess I'll take the dog for $79."

There are now ugly plaster dog statues in thrift stores and landfills across the US. I think Wheel of Fortune executives finally got the clue when contestants started refusing to buy them. They had to cancel their contract with plaster dog manufacturers, causing a significant downturn in the economies of Third World countries around the globe. Certain impoverished nations still curse the names of Pat Sajak and Vanna White to this day. Or not. :D

Chris 2.1
13th December 2004, 03:46 PM
Wanna know the sad thing?

I have that game on my phone :-/

Yes, sad....:( still, I'm damn good at it.

Gavin Luper
14th December 2004, 12:03 AM
Agreed, the trivia game is crapola. I suck at it anyway. We need hangman/other thingo that we are thinking of.

Oh yeah, Brian, thanks for the congrats and also, I got the PM, haven't replied yet ... but it sounds good to me.

Tainted
14th December 2004, 07:06 AM
Sorry to change the topic, just letting everyone know that I'll be leaving on Thursday to go on an all inclusive, all expenses paid to a five star resort in Cancun, Mexico. Should be fun, and I can drink all the beer I want without having to pay anything for it. :) I'm going to try and update my story with a chapter before I leave.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Suite Madame Blue
14th December 2004, 09:26 AM
Love those all-inclusive resorts. Will you be there for Christmas then? :idea: And if I were to pack myself in a trunk and ship myself to Toronto, could I go too? :nod:

Anyway, go scuba diving for me. Check out some discos while you're there. The Mayan ruins are cool, definitely worth seeing. I'm sure they've excavated more stuff since I was there 25 years ago.

Tainted
14th December 2004, 02:58 PM
Love those all-inclusive resorts. Will you be there for Christmas then? :idea: And if I were to pack myself in a trunk and ship myself to Toronto, could I go too? :nod:

Anyway, go scuba diving for me. Check out some discos while you're there. The Mayan ruins are cool, definitely worth seeing. I'm sure they've excavated more stuff since I was there 25 years ago.

I'll be back on Christmas Eve. And if you want to ship yourself to Ajax-- which is in the Toronto area, then sure. Otherwise, I could just pick you up at the Toronto airport. You might need some sort of respitory device to breathe in a trunk, but hell, it's not my attempt-- go for it. :)

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

PancaKe
16th December 2004, 05:16 PM
^.^; Would you pick me up from Toronto Airport?

Not that I'm going to be there any time soon, however. I'm goin round to Aussie places first. Ulladulla from the 9th till the 16th then Fingal bay from the 17th till the 22nd.

And then on the 26th its Australia day! And Big day out! Woo hoo! I get to see rock bands *dances*

Gavin Luper
22nd December 2004, 10:34 PM
The Writer's Lounge? Dead? Says who?

:sweat2:

Well, this will be one of my last posts for the year I'd say. We're going to Perth tomorrow morning to spend Christmas with my family (the immediate family is 12 adults and eight little kids ... so it's big), which means that I'll most likely be offline until I get back on the 29th/30th December. So I'll take the opportunity to say Merry Christmas to all fanficcers here at TPM. Remember to drive safe and take plenty of rest stops :sweat:

Also, today happens to be Tara's (aka PancaKe) birthday! Happy 16th birthday to a great mod, a great writer and a great friend! Enjoy your day, Tara! Smile! :D :D :D

And that's me finished. Arrividerci!

mistysakura
23rd December 2004, 12:35 AM
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Tara,
Happy Birthday to you!
Free cake, take your pick (http://images.google.com.au/images?hl=en&lr=&q=birthday+cake)

(Go me, I remembered!)

Leon-IH
23rd December 2004, 09:43 AM
TEH WRITERS LOUNGE IS DED!!

or something.... :)

In other news it's bloody 3am and I can't sleep :( too much to think about.

Suite Madame Blue
23rd December 2004, 10:05 AM
The lounge needs...a fresh pot of COFFEE! *Makes coffee, lays out fresh mugs, spoons, various sweeteners, and cream* Have a cup, and blow off a little pre-Christmas steam. Let's cut that birthday cake!

Tainted
24th December 2004, 03:56 AM
*cue white man rapping* Guess who's back, back again, Zak is back, to...

Yeah, back from Cancun finally. Wow, it was an amazing week. Everything was free because it was all inclusive, so basically my day would consist of: waking up around ten or so, as it's hard to sleep in, in Cancun, as the sun rises early. Then I'd shower and such, hit the breakfast buffet, start nursing beers at around 11:00am, then hit the lunch buffet, start drinking beers a bit more, hit the dinner buffet, start heavily drinking beer, sleep around 2:00am.

Honest to god, I am proud to say I had one glass of Pepsi the entire time I was in Cancun. Everything else I drank was beer. I made this pact with my dad to drink beer the whole time I was there and nothing else, but I had a hangover one day and needed something to drink and we had no beer. So I broke it once. :(

So, here I am, it's just about 5:00am and I'm typing this up because I'll be arsed if I'm going to sleep. It was just an awesome experience and gave me a few ideas for writing-- now if I could only get back into it. That's what I love about traveling: so much inspiration to write, but no computer nearby.

Met a ton of girls down there too. Day one I'm partying with these random 30 year olds that thought I was at least 20, I told them I was 15 and they're like "This kid is a tank." It was funny stuff, so I eventually left the oldies for this group of 18-25's and we partied just about everynight from then on. One night the girls even got me to go up and sing kareokee-- I sung two songs: It's Been a While - Staind, and Blurry - Puddle of Mudd. They were about the only songs I knew. Partway through the first song I broke out my lighter and rose it up in the air, everyone else at the outdoor bar followed along and I had a great time.
I hooked up with this very attractive eighteen year old girl while I was there, and we had a good time. She outdrank me on one of the nights and teased me about it for the rest of the week, despite me outdrinking her for the rest of the duration I spent there. I'll just say the two of us enjoyed ourselves, and it's sad to have to let all of Cancun go so quickly.

Oh well, I'm back, and badder than ever.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Suite Madame Blue
24th December 2004, 03:48 PM
Inspiration? So does that mean Zed's going to get drunk and sing karaoke? :rotfl: They'll kick his ass, the town he's in now. Welcome back, now sober up and detox for the remainder of your break - you might actually be back to normal when school starts up again. And Merry Christmas, you lush, you. :santa:

Tainted
24th December 2004, 09:53 PM
And Merry Christmas, you lush, you. :santa:

Not quite what I was thinking of inspiration wise, but you're close. Okay, I lied. You're not. And I'm no lush-- I can hold my beer, it took me a days worth of drinking each day to do myself in, it's not like I had a couple drinks around 10:00 and I was floating on the clouds. It's all about spacing out your drinks.

Get in about 5 or so from 10:00 to 12:00 just as a wake up, then from 12:00 to 3:00 have another five to slow the pace, so you aren't drunk too early. From 3:00 to 9:00 have ten, keeping at the same pace. Now, after 9:00 is when you start drinking. About five every hour AT LEAST*. Bar closes at 12:00-- find your own party until you do yourself in.

Funny thing is every night when I was drunk I would find myself on the beach, I loved the beach when I was drunk and it was night... The waves and whatnot, the wind, the comfy beach chairs and such. Drunk man's paradise.

*Note: Five every hour is not much at all, but if you've been drinking since 10:00 in the morning, five every hour hits you.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Suite Madame Blue
24th December 2004, 11:49 PM
Get in about 5 or so from 10:00 to 12:00 just as a wake up, then from 12:00 to 3:00 have another five to slow the pace, so you aren't drunk too early. From 3:00 to 9:00 have ten, keeping at the same pace. Now, after 9:00 is when you start drinking. About five every hour AT LEAST*. Bar closes at 12:00-- find your own party until you do yourself in.
:sleep2:

And how's your liver after a week of that? Good Lord, this is when it's nice to be 15, because you can bounce back from that. Us old folks would be :dead:

PancaKe
26th December 2004, 05:28 AM
Gosh, I remember being 15. Tainted you youngin, you!

I'm 16 now! Turned 16 on Thursday :) Got my L plates, now I'm on the road learning how to drive! It's so much fun, but I don't think my dad is entierly pleased with teaching me. ^.^; I think I'm stressing him out a bit.

Leon-IH
26th December 2004, 08:14 AM
Tainted is the same age as me.. that's ****in scary.

LunarChaos
26th December 2004, 09:02 AM
This lounge needs an enema!

However, I'm busy watching Batman.
Someone else take care of this dilema.

Tainted
26th December 2004, 09:16 AM
This lounge needs an enema!

*gets out his trusty water hose*

The new name for the lounge has a creamy goodness about it.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

The Decapitated Mole
26th December 2004, 10:28 AM
I'm so young. Only 14 :(.

Oh, and Tainted, how's it going on my review? I'm supposed to submit my fic for review for the UA spotlight for the next e-zine, so if you don't wanna take it anymore, I'll re-submit. Let me know.

And I finished the Hiro episode one! Yay!!!!

www.freakyface.cjb.net/episode1.swf

o_0
jimm

Tainted
26th December 2004, 10:49 AM
I'm so young. Only 14 :(.

Oh, and Tainted, how's it going on my review? I'm supposed to submit my fic for review for the UA spotlight for the next e-zine, so if you don't wanna take it anymore, I'll re-submit. Let me know.

And I finished the Hiro episode one! Yay!!!!

www.freakyface.cjb.net/episode1.swf

o_0
jimm

Oh shit, I was doing a review for you?

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

The Decapitated Mole
26th December 2004, 01:50 PM
I'll take the Misadventures of Hiro-- could take a while, but it'll be priority.

Oh well. I'll take this to mean that I should go ahead and re-submit, eh?

o_0
jimm

Tainted
26th December 2004, 05:07 PM
Oh well. I'll take this to mean that I should go ahead and re-submit, eh?

o_0
jimm

Guess so. Sorry, bud.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Suite Madame Blue
27th December 2004, 01:04 AM
Mole, hilarious animation. :D

Now for an update on my accident situation: my car was totaled out. The insurance claims adjuster said they stopped counting at $20,000. Which I kind of expected, since I ended up on my roof. Apparently some insurance companies want to try and make the repairs even when that happens, so I'm counting myself lucky in that respect - the car is never the same once it's rolled. So it's new car time. For now I'm driving our truck, which kind of sucks, but at least it has 4WD. Yeehaw!

mistysakura
27th December 2004, 04:17 AM
I take it that your decision to change the thread title has sparked off some interesting discussion, Tara. I wouldn't be happy with LunarCahos' post normally, but I guess it's kind of on topic. Kind of. Meh.

Anyway, unfortunately my dad's computer doesn't like Flash, and it's the only computer I'll be able to get to until next year, so I'll jsut have to see TDM's thing some other time. The preview was good though, nice comic style.

dratinihaunter13
27th December 2004, 10:11 AM
Uhm, yea... interesting spelling in the title there O_o;;; i'd change it, but it's so naive and perfect :113:

Mewfour
27th December 2004, 05:46 PM
What dh said. And I've just come from a healthy browsing from GAFF too. I'm such a freak.

Anyway..... um.... SIG TEST!

PancaKe
28th December 2004, 01:48 AM
^.^ I thought the spelling was cool...

Anyway... that misadventures of hiro animation is hilarious tdm! I thought it was so funny! I love the drawings, and the voices and i think its sooo cool!!!!!!

And I just changed the topic title for some fun, to make it interesting, and because I was bored, okay? :P lol

Mewfour
28th December 2004, 11:08 PM
It's confession time again.

I am a proud supporter of Godawful Fan Fiction, as I have been for the last two years. With that said, mostly due to my stubbon/lazy nature, and with their help, I'll be starting two new stories sometime in the new year. This unfortunatley means that all the other stories of mine on TPM (Bloody Sword, Project:ZERO, MMR, RotRMs) will be discontinued. I'll still finish them on ff.net/fp.com, but as far as TPM is concerned, they're cooked.

And as much as I hate to sound like a plug whore, I urge beginning writers to visit GAFF's In Progress forum. Just a few months browsing around has taught me more than any english class ever has. The place is a goldmine of the english language.

PancaKe
29th December 2004, 01:35 AM
So you're bidding us farewell (again?) M4? ^.^; Well whatever, lol, make sure you say hi from time to time again, you're always welcome in smiley town :-D

And also, I've checked out GAFF , I didnt really understand it, so I think for now I'll be staying here :P

mistysakura
29th December 2004, 01:51 AM
Well, remember to post your new stuff on TPM. And no harm in copying and pasting your other stories too, but since you've already said they're going to be discontinued, meh. With GAFF, I don't seem to get half the fanfics because I don't know anything about the stuff they're based on. I like TPM better.

Drago
29th December 2004, 04:09 AM
Dude, since when has this topic been around? Dude, how many times am I going to say dude this week? And while we're at it, dude, why did I read every single post. I have no insightful things to bring with me from earlier pages. Except this for Mewfour... For leaving again, I will remind you that JBL is still champ. STILL. ALWAYS!!!

And now, I will tell a story. For stories are good for telling.
Just a couple hours ago I was shaving (at 1:13 AM. Go figure), and I cut my bottom lip. And I don't just mean I cut it, I hacked that damn thing open, and blood came pouring down my mouth.
'Well this isn't good,' I diligently noted, but decided every cloud has a silver lining. I spread it around a little, and took a couple photos of me being a flesh-eating zombie. Rawr.
I'd post the photos, but they might be too scary. There's real blood. And I'm not wearing a shirt. Because... well, I don't want my shirt to be bloody.

After satiating my creative license, I realised that this is only the second time I've shaved with a manual razor, and I don't know what to do in case of emergency. So I took the advice Homer Simpson gave me, and applied a tiny little square of tissue upon the wound, like so.
This seemed to hold it off for a while. So I sat about for about an hour, before recalling that I did in fact still have this tissue attached to my face. And upon attempting to remove it, I discovered that dried blood makes things hard to remove. So I tugged, and I ripped... And upon ridding myself of the tissue, I reopened the cut, and here I now sit, with fresh new blood.

And that is my story. I'm sorry you had to read that.

PancaKe
29th December 2004, 04:25 AM
^.^ Thats a cool story.

You wanna hear my story?

I got a wheelie office chair for christmas and me and my friends assembled it today, headed out into my backyard and went for "rides" with it. Lol we were rolling around my back yard for a while, and filmed it too.

I opened the file on my comp, and mum sees. Next thing you know I'm in massive trouble for taking the chair outside and wheeling around ^.^ but it was FUN!

And besides, last time we played with office wheelie chairs inside we broke a window at our church.

Suite Madame Blue
29th December 2004, 09:38 AM
DragoKnight, you have too much time on your hands. Now you have to post the pictures because you told us about them.

Office chair rides = fun :round: Although my kids would get in trouble for taking the chair outside too. Just not massive trouble.

M4: So are you leaving TPM yet again? Please drop by every so often to grace us with your presence. The boards aren't as bright without you and your avatar. ;p

Mewfour
29th December 2004, 12:43 PM
No, I'm sticking around, but just not posting any fics. I may pop in a random plug here and there, but as far as new stuff goes, nope.

And JBL is still champ. I"ve lost my faith in the world.

http://asylumofthedamned.250free.com/bookersad.JPG

Drago
29th December 2004, 04:29 PM
Pleh, after some cropping, I've removed my shirtlessness from the photos, so now there's no sex appeal for this zombie. :no:

Looking at the photos again, they're actually pretty stupid. But hey, at 1 in the morning, anything seems pretty cool.
The first one was taken in the hallway, the second in the bathroom. The cut is the middle streak of blood. May not look like much, but these were taken like two seconds after cleaning away the blood. It just kept coming...

Oh, and I included a bonus pic of non-bloody me in McNair attire. Simply to demonstrate my facial features when not locked in zombie expression. Looks pretty much the same, actually. :heh:
Though I look pretty fat in this photo. Curiouser and curiouser..

Chris 2.1
29th December 2004, 04:35 PM
Oh man, what a christmas!

Firstly, I was blessed with snow overnight ^^ so that was awesome, we haven't had a white christmas for about 3/4 years. Unfortunately, our boiler broke so we had no heating!

We all ate at the table with hats and coats on...it was so weird. And we had no carrots, but hey, the turkey was nice!

I got loadsa cool pressies, and even as some fat dude's fixing our boiler as I speak, I'm STILL wearing a scarf and coat!

Oh well.

Leon-IH
29th December 2004, 06:45 PM
And JBL is still champ. I"ve lost my faith in the world.

http://asylumofthedamned.250free.com/bookersad.JPG

That's gotta be the best image to describe JBL...

Brit Chris, you lucky snowy bastard!!

Greyfox
30th December 2004, 08:12 AM
Brit Chris, you lucky snowy bastard!!

As someone that has lived an equal amount of his life in the north and south of the country, I must say that snow = overrated.

In unrelated news... anyone catch Anchorman now that it's been released in DVD form?

dratinihaunter13
30th December 2004, 04:27 PM
I caught anchorman in theaters. Sufficiently funny parts and overall a funny movie, but i dunno. Dodgeball was funnier and had a more interesting plot, at the very least a sequence of events that at least resembled some kind of plot. Anchorman for rent, not for buy.

Suite Madame Blue
1st January 2005, 12:21 AM
I'd rather see Deep Water.

On another unrelated note, happy New Year to everyone at Fanfic. Hope 2005 finds you happy and healthy.

Tainted
1st January 2005, 01:43 PM
Yeah, Happy New Year. I know I had a crazy time last night-- I would tell about it lengthily, but I've got too much of a hangover. What about everyone else?

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

PancaKe
2nd January 2005, 01:37 AM
Happie new yearh!

Just out of curiosity, did anyone make any new years resolutions?

Basically I didnt but I just made plans that me and my friends are going to do. We're going to meet up after school evry thursday and hang out, hav bible study, have study groups and eat pizza.

I like that resolution!

Gavin Luper
2nd January 2005, 05:58 AM
Happy New Year everybody!!!!!

I don't have a resolution this year, couldn't think of anything and I couldn't be bothered making something that no doubt I'd break anyway.

Basically, I've promised myself that I'm going to work like I've never worked before until mid-November; it's my final year of school, and I want to do the best I can - no mucking around or goofing off like this year! But at the same time I'm going to enjoy as much time as possible with my friends, cause some of us will be going in different directions after year 12 ... for example, I'm deferring uni and going to Europe to work for awhile, so I'll be missing everyone.

:( The final year comes out of nowhere, it's the freakiest thing. But then, we'll be FREE!!!

Anyway, enough rambling from me ... I'm outta here ...

Cheerio!

Chris 2.1
2nd January 2005, 06:16 AM
Pancake: sounds good! I wish I had a pizza place to go to...but I'd have to drive 20minutes and...well, you know how it is, being 15 and all...

Guys! Guess what!

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!

That's right, Brit Chris has been here 3 years and will be 16 on the 3rd of January 2005! Wait, wait, hold your cheers and tears of joy. I was hoping I'd be doing something, but my best mate's with his girlfriend tomorrow -_-; so we're pretending my birthday is on the 4th....and having a few birthday beers.

Anyway the cake is huge :O

And as for my new year's resolution? All my English Coursework is due in on the 6th, (or the 7th...) so while I'm off I've been working like a Chansey in an epidemic (Dear god...a Pokemon gag! Run for cover) to finish my Great Expectations...

...and I have a Romeo and Juliet one to do, too! On my birthday!

Later.

Greyfox
2nd January 2005, 10:15 PM
Happie new yearh!

Just out of curiosity, did anyone make any new years resolutions?

Basically I didnt but I just made plans that me and my friends are going to do. We're going to meet up after school evry thursday and hang out, hav bible study, have study groups and eat pizza.

I like that resolution!

That's a good resolution.

I made some as well, but most of them fell under today ... :/

PancaKe
3rd January 2005, 12:47 AM
That's why I never make resolutions! Except when I make a new years resolution, I decide it on Dec 31. Then Jan 1 - about 12:01 am - I break it :P

^.^;;

Leon-IH
3rd January 2005, 05:13 AM
I got a wheelie office chair for christmas

That is very scary.. I also obtained a wheelie office chair. Please tell me yours isn't blue and grey coloured :o

Anyway quick happy new years to everyone here.

Pig on the Wing
3rd January 2005, 08:45 AM
Haven't posted for a while here... :sweatdrop:

First off, merry christmas to everyone.
Secondly, happy new year to everyone.

Thirdy, I have to go back to school tomorrow :( But thankfuly, have no coursework due in, :) Or at least I hope...

Brit Chris: Happy birthday.

dratinihaunter13
3rd January 2005, 09:52 PM
Happy Birthday Chris =D!

My resolution: talk to more strangers. ya know, involve more people in my world. that's it.

Whisper in the Wind
4th January 2005, 04:08 AM
My Resolution (well part of it): Finish School - *cough* like all people I'll probably end up breaking my resolution *shudders since it restarts today and he totally dosn't want to turn up*

Dinner
5th January 2005, 02:31 AM
I feel rather pitiful. I can't get people to read my stuff on Bulbagarden. I can't get people to read my stuff on UltiPokéNetwork. I can't even get GOOGLERS to read my stuff, and it's on a separate domain! And now I come here and find that I'm not going to get any responses because I'm a sacreligious superfreak. Lovely.

Or is it just that my screen name isn't serious enough. T__T *depressed sigh*

Happy day....

PancaKe
5th January 2005, 03:42 AM
Hey, Dinner, I love the screen name. It's pretty damn awesome. I saw it and it made me smile :)

And besides, when did screen names need to be serious? How serious can PancaKe get?

The Decapitated Mole
5th January 2005, 04:41 AM
Or The Decapitated Mole?

But then again, I don't have many readers, either... Hmmm...

o_0
jimm

Sceptile_Master
5th January 2005, 06:25 AM
You want smileyville, I'll give you smileyville.

:001::002::003::004::005::006::007::008::009::010: :011::012::013::014::015::016::017::018::019::020: :021::022::023::024::025::026::027::028::029::030: :031::032::033::034::035::036::037::038::039::040: :041::042::043::044::045::046::047::048::049::050: :051::052::053::054::055::056::057::058::059::060: :061::062::063::064::065::066::067::068::069::070: :071::072::073::074::075::076::077::078::079::080: :081::082::083::084::085::086::087::088::089::090: :091::092::093::094::095::096::097::098::099::100: :101::102::103::104::105::106::107::108::109::110: :111::112::113::114::115::116::117::118::119::120: :121::122::123::124::125::126::127::128::129::130: :131::132::133::134::135::136::137::138::139::140: :141::142::143::144::145::146::147::148::149::150: :151:

Couldn't be bothered doing more than the 1st set of them.

Suite Madame Blue
5th January 2005, 09:16 AM
I was going to make a joke about the smilie limit, until I noticed there's no smilies to the right of my reply box. What happened? Are they gone for everyone else too?

Whisper in the Wind
5th January 2005, 12:46 PM
I was going to make a joke about the smilie limit, until I noticed there's no smilies to the right of my reply box. What happened? Are they gone for everyone else too?
They are for me along with all the advanced controls (Bold / Italic / Quote / etc - I have to manually insert them :( )

PancaKe
5th January 2005, 08:24 PM
what happened to the smiley limit? hmm... somebody tripped the system here.

u know, i feel sorry for those with dialup, that page is going to lag so hard now.

Drago
5th January 2005, 08:59 PM
Sceptile_Master, I see no method to the madness. You're lucky I'm not on my slow as mud computer, otherwise I would've hunted you down and slapped your wrist, you dog. SLAPPED IT, I SAY.

Anyway, my (incredibly late) New Year's resolution is to do things. That is to say, new things. Not waste my time doing nothing. I have a bad tendency to do that.

btw Dinner, don't blame the screen-name. The screen-name is uber. I wish I had thought of something simplistic like that. DragoKnight sounds more like the superhero a six year old makes up.
Dinner > DragoKnight.
Though, when I was six, my superhero was Super Kitty. His sidekick was Cat. :yes:

Tainted
5th January 2005, 09:06 PM
Sceptile_Master, I see no method to the madness. You're lucky I'm not on my slow as mud computer, otherwise I would've hunted you down and slapped your wrist, you dog. SLAPPED IT, I SAY.

Anyway, my (incredibly late) New Year's resolution is to do things. That is to say, new things. Not waste my time doing nothing. I have a bad tendency to do that.

btw Dinner, don't blame the screen-name. The screen-name is uber. I wish I had thought of something simplistic like that. DragoKnight sounds more like the superhero a six year old makes up.
Dinner > DragoKnight.
Though, when I was six, my superhero was Super Kitty. His sidekick was Cat. :yes:

My superhero was Zakman (me), and my sidekick Brenboy (my best friend at the time.) I had super strength and Brenboy could stretch his body. Then there were others... like Iandude could shoot lightning from his eyes and Addi could turn his skin into steel.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

PancaKe
5th January 2005, 09:20 PM
My six year old superhero was just me with a scarf on or a towl around me. i was always super girl.

And I was always immitating my child hood heros anyway. The pink ranger, linka from captain planet, ninja turtles... those were the days :-)

Oh, but in year four, I had a club of friends, and we each had powers. I dont remember what my powers were, but when i was 10 me and my best friend were always making up powers for ourselves. We had this monsters game, like tips but you can use ur powers to get away, and it was fun. We also had "pokemon tips" which was kind of sad...

Andrew
5th January 2005, 11:27 PM
Well just so we remember... for pogeymanz smileys we do ;pokenumberhere; except replace ; with : ok. So a Bulbasaur would be ;001; or :001: for all the unown you do the unown's number (I can't remember it) then like a or b next to it.

Apart from you guys in fanfic, WPM is the only other one complaining about the smileys. And that's extremely creepy.

Oh, happy birthday Brit Chris.

My ny resolution was to move out by the end of the year.

PancaKe
5th January 2005, 11:29 PM
who said i was complaining?

<3 smilies

Andrew
5th January 2005, 11:33 PM
No, you never complain! But I meant you guys were the only ones apart from WPM who'd talked about it.

PancaKe
5th January 2005, 11:42 PM
Oh lol. Well thats just because 1) liph is back (shameless advertising) and 2) this IS called smiley town :)

Mewfour
5th January 2005, 11:55 PM
Hmmmm......

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Well I'll be. They DO all work. Bandwidth's on the menu, boys!

PancaKe
6th January 2005, 12:04 AM
who changed the topic title?

Drago
6th January 2005, 01:06 AM
Those fiends!! ...Hang on, can't you just change it back anyway?

Perhaps someone's playing with our heads... *glares at OzAndrew*

EDIT: 1,400 posts WOO

Andrew
6th January 2005, 01:07 AM
;) Sorry Tara, that other one was far too... icky. Really.

Dinner
6th January 2005, 03:58 AM
Ha, PancaKe, we're both part of a healthy diet!! XFD;;

And I wasn't really doubting the eliteness of my screen name. I just needed a scapegoat for how horrible I felt....

:):):):):):):D:):D:):):):):):):D:):D:):):):):):):D :):D:):):):):):):D:):D:):):):):):):D:):D:):):):):) :):D:):D:):):):):):):D:):D:):):):):):):D:):D:):):) :):):):D:):D:):):):):):):D:):D:):):):):):):D:):D:) :):):):):):D:):D:):):):):):):D:):D:):):):):):):D:) :D:):):):):):):D:):D SMILIES. WORD.

PancaKe
6th January 2005, 06:38 AM
;) Sorry Tara, that other one was far too... icky. Really.

the old title rocked your socks so hard you couldn't handle it.

Leon-IH
6th January 2005, 07:02 AM
:):):):):):):D:):D:):):):):):):D:):D:):):):):):):D :):D:):):):):):):D:):D:):):):):):):D:):D:):):):):) :):D:):D:):):):):):):D:):D:):):):):):):D:):D:):):) :):):):D:):D:):):):):):):D:):D:):):):):):):D:):D:) :):):):):):D:):D:):):):):):):D:):D:):):):):):):D:) :D:):):):):):):D:):D SMILIES. WORD.

MY EYES!!

HAVE SOME CONSIDERATION FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN GAMING ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or maybe that's a good indication that I should stop taking breaks from my computer by watching TV.. and read a book or something.

I wasn't a superhero as a child, I was many things: but never a superhero.

Dinner
6th January 2005, 02:56 PM
I was never a superhero, unless you count the Billy the Blue Power Ranger. XFD I always pretended to be a cat. You couldn't get me to take off my tail and ears most of the time. o__o

PancaKe
6th January 2005, 09:18 PM
I pretended to be animals too.

I think though, everybody had an imaginary friend as a child. I had an imaginary do-do bird called mr dodo when i was a child. he was so cool.

Dinner
6th January 2005, 10:00 PM
They aren't imaginary. They're INVISIBLE.

PancaKe
6th January 2005, 10:02 PM
THATS RIGHT! they were too...

damn, shows my age...
(im 16)

Dinner
6th January 2005, 11:55 PM
I... didn't use past tense. *cackles in insanity* o___o

(I'm 19, just to note. :X)

Gavin Luper
6th January 2005, 11:57 PM
Hee. Captain Planet was THE best show ever. Craps all over the shows that kids these days watch. Back in my day we had REAL shows! Heh ... I was always Wheeler from Captain Planet ... lol.

Ah, the memories. Does anyone remember Widget the Worldwatcher? LMAO.

PancaKe
7th January 2005, 05:55 AM
I was linka.

What is it with widgit? So many people are talking bout him and I dont remember him at all! Does anybody remember the show about two monkies called Bangers and Mash?

Suite Madame Blue
7th January 2005, 09:01 AM
I never had an imaginary friend, just my blanket. Her name was Nighty Nite. And to date myself, my brother and I used to play Star Trek. He was Dr. McCoy although I tried to convince him to be Capt. Kirk. I was always Uhura. Our bedrooms were different planets, and we would run down our very long hallway for warp speed.

Looney Tunes are the best cartoons in the history of animation!

dratinihaunter13
7th January 2005, 01:47 PM
Captain Planet was pretty cool. Show from my childhood... I loved Tiny Toon adventures, Looney Tunes I still love. Duck Tales, Tail Spin, ack I can barely remember them, that's sad =(. I want my childhood back!!!

sidenote: Remember that terrible road trip story from me a while back? well, i'm trying again tomorrow morning. hopefully i don't break down in tucumcari again.

Dragonfree
7th January 2005, 02:33 PM
Umm... maybe I missed something, but what happened to mr_pikachu? He hasn't posted since mid-December... and he was my only loyal reader. :(

Leon-IH
8th January 2005, 05:11 AM
Umm... maybe I missed something, but what happened to mr_pikachu?

Take the safe assumption: Christmas.

Suite Madame Blue
8th January 2005, 04:39 PM
Christmas, and school starting back up. Plus the Lambs - err, Rams - made the playoffs.

DH13, hope you have better luck on your drive this time.

Yay! Smilies are back! :love2:

The Blue Avenger
8th January 2005, 09:11 PM
What happened to them? I know they were disabled, but for any reason in particular?

Suite Madame Blue
8th January 2005, 10:50 PM
No clue. I posted a thread in Binary, but never got an answer. They weren't actually disabled, you just had to do it manually.

PancaKe
9th January 2005, 08:41 AM
*scratches head* now that you mention it, it's been ages since we've seen mr_pikachu... funny how you dont notice these things until a while later.

well anyway, I'm heading off for two weeks. Maybe I'll find some net and say hi, but for now, me and my pink hair are heading off down south to ulladulla then up north to fingal bay! ^.^ cya l8rz.

I should be back on the 22nd. :D bye bye

Tainted
9th January 2005, 08:48 AM
I've always wondered about stuff like that... like what if a member dies and everyone just sees it as a prolonged absence? *shrug* Too bad there's only SPPf in hell.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Drago
9th January 2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Suite Madame Blue:
Christmas, and school starting back up. Plus the Lambs - err, Rams - made the playoffs.

Well if he's coming back when the Rams get knocked out of the playoffs, expect him to return soon. Stupid Martz.

Well Mist, have fun in Ulladulla! How can you not have fun in a place with a name like that.

And finally point 3 (in my random jumping from topic to topic), I'm quite prepared for my death. I wrote out a speech for my sister to post on TPM on my behalf should something happen. I think I, more or less, claim to be a homosexual martian. Because then, upon reflection of my death, people can remember DragoKnight as being 'that gay alien'.
...No, there wasn't any real point to the preceding paragraph. But you read it anyway! You silly fish!!

Mewfour
10th January 2005, 11:21 AM
I've always wondered about stuff like that... like what if a member dies and everyone just sees it as a prolonged absence? *shrug* Too bad there's only SPPf in hell.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Then I've probably died at least five times already ;)

classy_cat18
10th January 2005, 10:46 PM
I'm back, baby! My laptop's back! Whoo! *can't think of anything else to say* Whoo!

dratinihaunter13
11th January 2005, 02:26 AM
welcome back classy cat!

and let's hope mr_pikachu comes back soon. i don't remember him saying anything about being gone for christmas is the thing. =-/

Oh, and i actually made it to tucson this time. i'm very proud of myself. let the semester begin =D!!

Suite Madame Blue
11th January 2005, 09:03 AM
and let's hope mr_pikachu comes back soon. i don't remember him saying anything about being gone for christmas is the thing. =-/
He posted in a couple fics the other day, so he's been around. He's just ignoring us... ;_; Glad to hear you made it back to school OK dh13.

I kind of wondered too, what happens if someone dies. I guess if a really active TPMer stopped posting for no apparent reason you could PM them, and hope they checked the email notification box.

Man, all the fog around here is affecting my mood. How's the weather where everybody else lives?

Whisper in the Wind
11th January 2005, 11:06 AM
He posted in a couple fics the other day, so he's been around. He's just ignoring us... ;_; Glad to hear you made it back to school OK dh13.

I kind of wondered too, what happens if someone dies. I guess if a really active TPMer stopped posting for no apparent reason you could PM them, and hope they checked the email notification box.

Man, all the fog around here is affecting my mood. How's the weather where everybody else lives?
Rainy in England (as always) - I'm so used to it that it doesn't depress me though, but when the sun comes out it annoys me *insert Ralph Wiggum Angry Face here*

Is that just me or are other brits like that?

Chris 2.1
11th January 2005, 02:14 PM
You know it, Oni. Did you see all the floods on the Uk news? I live there :-/ I didn't get flooded, but most my mates did. They ate cold beans all weekend, and I had no electricity for 3 days or so.

But I'm back! And will try to kill rain. Somehow.

yes....I do know that won't work....

Pig on the Wing
11th January 2005, 02:48 PM
Woo! Yay living in the centre of England. :D
No floods here, but there's been quite a bit of rain as usual and some unsually strong winds, but other than that, nothing much weather wise.

I actually like the sun a bit. If it's too hot, then no, but a bit, and in moderation is alright. I can put the rabbits out so they don't get annoyed and eat their hutch.

In other news, I had to have 4 teeth ripped out so I can have a brace put in :(

Whisper in the Wind
11th January 2005, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I saw those floods (kinda weird for us to moan about it though considering the tsunami), looked bad.

Cold beans "yuck"

For some reason, we've been getting a lot of rain and wind lately *hell, a truck was blown off of a bridge by the wind ><* Is that some kind of side effect of the Tsunami (since all that water gets evaporated, did we get dumped with some of it)?

I really don't know my geography.

I used to have a rabbit, and I remember hating to keep him (well them since I've had 3) locked in his hutch, so I guess the upside of the sun was the ground wasn't soaking wet. but aside from that, it just makes me hot and blinds my sight.

As for the Brace thing, I hated that. What's worse is I insisted in getting rid of the brace, so I lost 2 teeth for nothing. Fortunately, they are tucked away out of sight in the corner of my mouth.

Tainted
11th January 2005, 03:46 PM
I had braces for two and a half years and they weren't bad at all, I didn't mind them. They worked just like food storage. :)

Anyways, I'm a little cheesed right now because of plagiarism. I worked my ass off making this RPG (alright, I didn't, but I thought of my own idea and it worked), and I was just viewing the RPG forum and somebody (won't say who, go check it out for yourself if you're curious) entirely ripped the idea off of my RPG...

Now, if you're going to steal an idea from someone, do you think you would at least change the sign up form around a little? He neglected this minor technicality and copied and pasted entire parts of my sign up form... It's ridiculous...

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

dratinihaunter13
11th January 2005, 04:54 PM
what bull****. i'm pretty sure we ban for plagiarism in fanfic. at least try to. i remember one time it happened we got the guilty party banned, it felt purposeful =D.

and thanks for the welcome back smb!

the weather in tucson is sunny and gorgeous.

Mewfour
11th January 2005, 06:25 PM
the weather in tucson is sunny and gorgeous.

And it's bloody freezing in Canada.

Fucking winter.

Suite Madame Blue
11th January 2005, 11:46 PM
And it's bloody freezing in Canada.

****ing winter.
Yeah! My sentiments exactly. Snow and ice and freezing fog, all contributing to sucky driving conditions, which I'm very aware of these days. I want to go to Mexico.

I had braces for 2 1/2 miserable years. My teeth look great now, but when the braces were on I hated them.

Dinner
12th January 2005, 12:27 AM

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

I've actually witnessed a member dying. But she knew she was going to pass away, so she let the other members know first so they wouldn't be in the dark about it. We at UPN miss you, BeccaC.

Whisper in the Wind
12th January 2005, 01:56 AM
Yeah! My sentiments exactly. Snow and ice and freezing fog, all contributing to sucky driving conditions, which I'm very aware of these days. I want to go to Mexico.

I had braces for 2 1/2 miserable years. My teeth look great now, but when the braces were on I hated them.
Same, but I on mine the wire came loose and was cutting into my inner cheek :'(

(alright, I didn't, but I thought of my own idea and it worked)
Gave me small "heh" - but on a serious note, that does suck >< (doesn't bother to check 'cos he is confuzzled by RPGs

Drago
12th January 2005, 02:25 AM
Am I the only one in Canada right now who appreciates the weather? Come on, some people back home in Australia would kill for a little snow! I had ever so much fun galavanting about in it for the first time in six years. I wanted to build a snowman, but I have no gloves, and the neighbours began looking at me suspiciously when I proceeded to do flips in the backyard. By the end of the day, my hat was covered in snow, and my head hurt. In fact, I'm kinda dizzy right now.

Either way, it's only one more week that I head back to Australia, and into the harsh, 38 degree summer! How do you think I feel about going from one extreme to t'other? (Especially after twenty hours getting there. I so hate the flight between Canada/Australia)

Whisper in the Wind
12th January 2005, 03:15 AM
My cousin (from Taiwan) was like that when he came over here (to England), never seen it before in his life. He was outside for ages playing about in it ><

Gavin Luper
12th January 2005, 03:51 AM
38 degrees? Bloomin heck, try living in WA, you'll get an idea of what hot actually is. Think about 50 degrees, quite literally.

In other news ... went to the beach today, got burnt, went to HJ's then went back to the beach again. Fun ++

Whisper in the Wind
12th January 2005, 10:10 AM
That's what is so totally unfair about England, our beaches are made of stone :'(

Suite Madame Blue
12th January 2005, 01:15 PM
Normally I appreciate the snow. Especially when it's falling gently to the ground, and I can drink my mocha inside and watch it through the window. It's also fun to snowmobile, ski, and tube on, and build snow forts with. I moved here from the Northern California coast where it rarely snows, so I still find it fascinating for a day or two. Then the novelty wears off, and I'm stuck shoveling the walk, and mopping up the dirt that gets tracked in from outside. I used to love the coast in winter. Lucky anyone who lives near the ocean. /pout

Same, but I on mine the wire came loose and was cutting into my inner cheek :'(
OWIE! Amazing that somebody gets paid to install metal and wire into one of the most sensitive parts of your body. :eek:

Andrew
12th January 2005, 03:22 PM
After getting braces, teeth pulled, wisdom teeth removed, and peri-incisions (Basically they slit your gums after braces so the fibers holding in your teeth don't turn back) I'm now looking at a fucking root canal because one of my teeth has decided "HAY GUYS I'm SICK OF LIVING! *SUICIDE* " But I'm yet to get a cavity. Go me.

Whisper in the Wind
13th January 2005, 02:13 AM
OWIE! Amazing that somebody gets paid to install metal and wire into one of the most sensitive parts of your body. :eek:
Yes, I don't trust dentists anymore

After getting braces, teeth pulled, wisdom teeth removed, and peri-incisions (Basically they slit your gums after braces so the fibers holding in your teeth don't turn back) I'm now looking at a ****ing root canal because one of my teeth has decided "HAY GUYS I'm SICK OF LIVING! *SUICIDE* " But I'm yet to get a cavity. Go me.
lol. Why'd you have to have so much done to have them in? >< I only got two teeth removed and so did *scrolls up to guy who started the braces convo* he. ><

The Decapitated Mole
13th January 2005, 04:57 AM
I've never had braces, and never will have to. My teeth are fucking perfect! [cept for those cavities. That novocain shit doesn't work at all.]

In other news, my school is full of power-abusing assholes [yeah, yeah, what else is new, but this seriously takes it to a whole new level]. I'm in High School. I eat lunch. At lunch, I sit at a table with my friends. We fool around, and oftentimes we make a mess. Oftentimes we clean up the majority of this mess. But there's still some left. So the caf staff hates us, the whores. Plus, whenever I see them I'm really rude and sarcastic. So I'm messin around one day with Dawson, and I throw an empty plastic bottle at him. Dawson, thinking it was full, smacked it away reeeal hard, and it landed on some girl's table. It didn't hit anybody. She went and told the Headmaster, and me and Dawson both got three days detention. THREE DAYS DETENTION FOR INDIRECTLY ALMOST INJURING SOMEONE So that happened on Friday. Then Tuesday rolls around, Steve's ex comes over and we're talking, I say something stupid, she throws some noodles at me, playing around. One of the lunch bitches comes over throwin a fuckin hissy fit about it, makes her go clean it up, and then calls another headmaster [we have a headmaster for each academy. I'm in the freshman academy, but she called the Sophomore Headmaster] over, and tells him that we've been doing bad things, which we haven't. "Uh, excuse me, I don't know what she's telling you, but we haven't done anything wrong today, so, uh, yeah." "Yeah? Well you know what? She just admitted that she threw something, so don't LIE to me!" Then he said that we [people at my table] are not allowed to sit near each other any more. Fuck him. So during all this, I'm sitting there eating a hoodsie cup. I love hoodsie cups, I buy like 2 or 3 every day, right? So there's an empty hoodsie cup next to me, and I'm eating another one right there, but he says 'go throw that away.' "Well, I was just gonna do it when I finished eating this one, since they're the sa--" "Throw it out NOW!!!" "Sure, Chief." "Do NOT Call me chief, do you understand me!? That is DISRESPECTFUL! IT'S MR. ODONNEL, MY NAME IS MR O'DONNEL, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!" "Yes" "Say Mr O'donnel" "Mr. O'Donnel" "Good, you just avoided a suspension." Fucked up, right? So I sit back down in my seat, and the bell rings, so I get up and start leaving. As I'm leaving, Steve tells a joke and I start laughing, so Chief Fatass pulls me back. "YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY?!" So he made me stay in the cafeteria and clean it up, then he took me to his office and suspended me. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!? I didn't even do anything that was detention worthy! How many teachers do I call 'chief' or 'coach'? All of them. How many care? Only him. Fucking jackass. What a school spirit week this has been. You can imagine how much of it I have.

o_0
jimm

Pig on the Wing
14th January 2005, 04:40 PM
Indeed. Teachers are power abusers. Well, not all, but most.

In other news, I'm just posting here to mainly say that I'm over my writers block, and so very soon you will be subjected to more of my horrible bursts of 'creativity'. Run for the hills while you still can.

Mwa ha ha ha :evil:

Chris 2.1
14th January 2005, 05:44 PM
My inspiration for Monica's Vendetta is already climaxing as I have recently watched an episode of the new series of Shaman King. It's on at like 9 and 9.30PM, and my parents wouldn't want to watch it so I have to catch the repeats at 10 and 10.30, but they might still be downstairs then >_<

Anyway I'm all hyped up. I've written so much, but there's so little content in it. My bad...I think.

PancaKe
15th January 2005, 01:39 AM
Sounds like you had a rough week jimm. Well, I'm still on school holidays if that makes you feel any better ^.^

I'm back for like a day and then I'm back on holidays. I'm goin away tomorrow and will be back on teh 22nd :) But yeah, I'll probably be off and online for the next two weeks or so, lots of places to go, people to see, things like that :-)

Gavin Luper
15th January 2005, 03:07 AM
Jimm, that officially is absolute crap.

Writing Lisa the Legend again = YES!

Cheers!

Leon-IH
15th January 2005, 04:08 AM
Jimm, your suspended - not stuck at school.

Now unless your parents are asshats I'd enjoy the fact your not there. :P

Whisper in the Wind
15th January 2005, 05:54 AM
Jimm, your suspended - not stuck at school.

Now unless your parents are asshats I'd enjoy the fact your not there. :P
Seconded, think of it as a mini-holiday and get some more of your Hiro Cartoons done or something :D (since you have 6 hours free)

The Decapitated Mole
15th January 2005, 06:57 AM
I know, I'm not complaining about being suspended [I actually had a rather nice day off, and it's not like I haven't been suspended before, hell no] I'm just pissed at how fucked up my school is, is all.

o_0
jimm

Leon-IH
15th January 2005, 07:37 AM
I know, I'm not complaining about being suspended [I actually had a rather nice day off, and it's not like I haven't been suspended before, hell no] I'm just pissed at how ****ed up my school is, is all.

o_0
jimm

Fair enough :D

Sounds like your school is more fucked than MINE :o.

Whisper in the Wind
18th January 2005, 01:08 PM
Since Mole got to moan, it's my turn.

(Lots of swearing ahead - dunno if it's against the rules or not since I can't find a copy of TPM's rules - meh, if it is, mods can tamper with it [like they need my permissions...])

I have a sort of number 2 hair now, which, considering that back in the summer I used to have girly long hair I feel so bad.

Anyway, after a handful of haircuts (which had resulted in my hair being long-ish for a guy but like short of a girl [I'm a guy - figured I'd mention that]) I eventually gave up all hope and decided "Time to start over again."

At first I thought, "Hey! Let's go to the barbers," but good [/sarcasm] ol' Becca thought "Hey! I'll do it for you" (the cocksucking whore).

A) She cannot use a razor blade for shit :angry:
B) I said a 2... not a 1 on the left, 2 at the top and 3 at the back... [/exageration but it's all wonky and crap]
C) DID I SAY SCREW UP THE RAZOR AND CUT MY HEAD?!

My hair is really dodgey now and I have a fat damn cut on the top-side of my head now >< I hate her! (well I don't but I'm pissed off at her)

I know it's my own fault but I didn't think it'd come out this bad. :'( *reaches arms out for sympathy/huggles but at least I have a use for the net now, I can actually outlet my aggression with alot of slagging off Becca*

[Anyone else ever had this experience, where they regret it SOOOO damn much? - stupid question, 'course you have, but I'm the first one to have the sense to whinge about it (at least here... I think)]

Leon-IH
20th January 2005, 08:39 AM
In a week nobody's gunna know the difference with your haircut.. believe me. :P

In other news, I've been playing too much warcraft.

Whisper in the Wind
20th January 2005, 11:56 AM
In a week nobody's gunna know the difference with your haircut.. believe me. :P
They better :mad2: A bit late now though, everyone has seen/heard about it. Today in school 3 people stole my cap just to see the horror of it >< I have a funny (not haha, just odd) shaped head :(

Ah well, never played Warcraft ><

Mewfour
20th January 2005, 11:11 PM
My mother hates my mullet/middlepart-hybrid, and the fact that I refuse to get it cut drives her crazy. She keeps saying she'll cut it herself, but never does.... ;)

Suite Madame Blue
22nd January 2005, 01:16 PM
I thought mullets went out when Andre Agassi shaved his head. Heck, I'll supply your mom with the drugs, so she can shave your head while you sleep.

mr_pikachu
23rd January 2005, 02:19 AM
FINALLY! I've almost finished catching up from my month-long absence, which means I can come back to SMILEY TOWN! Woo! :D

Well, sorry for being gone for so long. First I had to deal with finals, which took up almost all of my time for about two weeks (the first of which was studying, the second including actually taking the tests). I think I came on here once during that time, but that was it. Then, immediately afterward, we went on vacation. We dropped our dogs off at my grandparents' house, then flew off to Puerto Rico to leave on an 11-day cruise! And best of all, they had internet access for a "nominal fee". Perfect, right?

Let me give you a bit of advice. If someone ever tells you a fee is "nominal", ask for an exact price. If you find out it's 50 cents a minute, you're going on the ship I was on. Oh, not to mention that the satellite internet service was so slow that it took six minutes just to log on. (My father timed it during one of his extremely few uses of the computer.) That's three bucks just to start using the thing. Consider that it took about the same amount of time to load each and every new page, and... well, let's just say we didn't use the internet much. I was actually banned from it, courtesy of my parents. (Curses!)

After the cruise (which, honestly, didn't have much of the "Christmasy" feel we were hoping for), we stayed at my grandparents' place for another week or two. I couldn't use the internet there, either. The thing ran on the regular phone line, and we always had to be ready for "important" calls. ("Oh, hey Marge! How ya doin'? Oh, we're just fine down here. Nice weather, huh? Say, I heard the funniest thing the other day at the store..." Okay, that's an exaggeration, but that's how it felt at the time.)

But now I'm back and trying to get back on topic! Mullets, huh? I, personally, think mullets only look good on anime. When they're reversed. (Three guesses as to which character I'm talking about.)

Well, I guess I'll get back to reading new fanfics. See you! :wave:

PancaKe
23rd January 2005, 05:57 AM
Oh my gawsh its mister pikachu!!!

I wonderd where you'd gone too..

anyway I'm back as well. I dont know if I've gotten a picture of me and pink hair yet, but I will have to take a few for you guys :P the pink is washing out so I will be redoing it probably monday night :) yay for pink.

Beach was fun, i peeled, then tanned again. I went shopping (wow) and yeah. Pretty okay. ^.^

Mewfour
23rd January 2005, 01:56 PM
Finally got my rug cut, and now I look like freakin' Randy Orton.

FYI, for you non-wrestling fans, that's not a good thing.

Well, okay, Randy Orton minus the orc ears.

But I still hate it. *wears a baseball cap for the next few months*

Whisper in the Wind
23rd January 2005, 04:10 PM
Finally got my rug cut, and now I look like freakin' Randy Orton.

FYI, for you non-wrestling fans, that's not a good thing.

Well, okay, Randy Orton minus the orc ears.

But I still hate it. *wears a baseball cap for the next few months*
I feel MAJORLY sorry for you (although loads of women claim he is good looking so if you look like him maybe it's a good thing), but I still think I'd rather an Orton than an Austin + a centremetre (which is roundabouts what I have now).

Can you pull off the Orton look though? Alot of haricuts depend on the face (supposedly a haircut chanegs the face - think that's true - My eyebrows look huge now and I have a visible forehead), maybe you can work that cut ><

[and on another note, Orton is overpushed and a waste of tv time as far as WWE: Raw is concerned]

Chris 2.1
23rd January 2005, 04:19 PM
Pancake, I reckon you look like Tammy/Tamao from Shaman King with Pink Hair ^^ Wear a white tee and some cargo trousers and we'll see!

Ok, so nobody knows who Tammy is...but it makes me smile :)

Suite Madame Blue
24th January 2005, 09:54 AM
Welcome back m_p! Glad you had a good vacation. Yeah, cruises and Christmas just don't seem to go together, do they? But what can you do, hang stockings at the Midnight Buffet?

Pancake: where's a pic of you with pink hair?

EDIT: Oh my gosh, I've got 1,000 posts, and a fourth ball! YAY! :jump: :jump: :jump:

dratinihaunter13
24th January 2005, 12:20 PM
big welcome back to you mr_pika and happy fourth ball to smb :wave:

Just posting to say that the Eagles are going to the superbowl baby!!!!!! This still hasn't fully sunk in for me. I'm excited beyond belief. Haven't been this worked up over a sports team of mine since the bulls era :cry:

PancaKe
24th January 2005, 08:36 PM
I've still gotta get a pic of my pink hair. Don't worry, I will get one though. I'm gonna get it redone, so it comes out brighter (its fading atm) and then I'm going to get my mate to take a picture friday morning on his digicam. Then I can upload it sometime saturday night :) ^.^

I'm so excited, I've got big day out on tomorrow, and it is going to be so damn awesome! I'm gonna go see Frenzal Rhomb, System of a Down, Slipknot, Beastie Boys, and a whole bunch of others hopefully!!!

:jump:

Gavin Luper
26th January 2005, 04:03 AM
Happy Australia Day, everyone!

I've been missing in action for the past week or so, which I apologise for ... so much has been going on. However, I've been brainstorming like crazy for LTL, so I haven't been completely slack ...

Anyway, just here to say I probably won't be on much for another week or so, by then school will be back and I'll be able to be active again ... thank God! Too long without TPM and I start to wither and die. :sweat2:

Back soon with more ficness, more LTL chapters and more modness!

Cheers!

- Gavin.

Leon-IH
26th January 2005, 02:27 PM
It's official - Australia Day is THE worst public holiday we have. It's midweek, it's always 37 or so degrees (where I live) and it's always got that evil 75% humidity rating.

And we have to see John Howard on TV, that's gotta be the worst part. Smug Arsehole.

In short I'm writing this on a grand total of 2 hours sleep. And about 5 hours trying to sleep.

Orion
26th January 2005, 03:42 PM
Heh... my first stroll around there.

Glad to see many of you had great vacations. Makes up for my crappy vacations... I had to stay home because of some damn homework, which made me skip the Christmas trip to Chiapas, my former homeplace...

I stood home with some cousins, but I had to do homework... it was a bad holiday. Gladly, it paid off. I just finished Exams, and now I'm in a small break of 3 weeks. Not doing much, though. At least I got some new Game Cube games to maintain myself entertained, heh.

About my Birthday, that was 1 week ago... not much to say. I just went with my parents, my grandma and my aunt to have a breakfast in a restaurant nearby. Got some money and clothes as gifts. Most of the day was just being here, and work on my new Fic I posted that same day. And save some people here and some familiars, my "Happy Birthday" was forgotten by many people. Oh well... maybe next year. I'm 19 now... gettin' old.

Anyway, just a rant about a bad holiday and the average Birthday. Glad most of you had a more enjoyable time in those now-over vacations. And happy Australian day! :)

Sceptile_Master
26th January 2005, 04:18 PM
I've still gotta get a pic of my pink hair. Don't worry, I will get one though. I'm gonna get it redone, so it comes out brighter (its fading atm) and then I'm going to get my mate to take a picture friday morning on his digicam. Then I can upload it sometime saturday night :) ^.^

I'm so excited, I've got big day out on tomorrow, and it is going to be so damn awesome! I'm gonna go see Frenzal Rhomb, System of a Down, Slipknot, Beastie Boys, and a whole bunch of others hopefully!!!

:jump:

OMG pink hair. That sounds so cool. Can't wait for the pic.

mistysakura
26th January 2005, 10:58 PM
Gavin, you're entering year 12 and you're going to have more time to go on TPM than in the holidays? Am majorly confused here.
Meh, didn't really care about Australia Day. Leon-IH's right about it being annoyingly hot though.
Happy belated birthday, Orion. Hope you had a great one.
Still waiting on photo of pink hair here!

PancaKe
27th January 2005, 06:52 PM
*is still waiting for film to be developed*

^.^ I have a roll of film from my time down in uladulla and a roll of film from big day out when I was in hte crowd. they shud be developed soon. :) but its faded HEAPS though. I mean, the front is blond/orange/pinkish. but yeah the back is pink. Its not as bright as it once was but yea. Now I'm gonna have to redye over my hair with black. I'm using a black/blue colour for school, cuz my school will chuck a fit if i go there with pinky hair.

Sceptile_Master
28th January 2005, 12:58 PM
*is still waiting for film to be developed*

^.^ I have a roll of film from my time down in uladulla and a roll of film from big day out when I was in hte crowd. they shud be developed soon. :) but its faded HEAPS though. I mean, the front is blond/orange/pinkish. but yeah the back is pink. Its not as bright as it once was but yea. Now I'm gonna have to redye over my hair with black. I'm using a black/blue colour for school, cuz my school will chuck a fit if i go there with pinky hair.

School will through a fit ehh. You there is nothing in the school rules against having a beard, infact it doesn't even mention beards, but my friend got his prefect tie (makes them no longer a prefect) taken off him for having a beard. he shaved it though and they let him have his tie back. Damn school they can't tell you what to do with your body it's stupid, I'll walk around with my dong out if I wanted to, they can't say anything, it's against my rights as a person (not that I would ever do that). Also Girls can grow there hair as long as they want and the school staff will have an internal disorder if a boy comes in with hair that goes like more than 5 centimetres past there shoulder. It should be free for anyone. I'm really glad this is my last year in school. Then college should at least be a little better.

DannyBoy
28th January 2005, 01:28 PM
Schools these days are becoming to strict I think. Having someone change their hair or beard is just ridiculous. Thats like telling someone they can't be themselves if you can't have your own appearance. I get yelled at for a wearing a t-shirt with the saying 'Free Speech' on it. They said it can be offensive. How is it offensive? I really think schools need to cut down on some rules because they are becoming more and more pointless. College is better, I have a few friends who say college is a lot better than high school. I take their word but I'll see when I get there.

Mewfour
28th January 2005, 10:29 PM
After the Columbine shooting, (keep in mind that I was very unpopular), I just kept wearing my jacket in school.

They made me take it off.

Bastards.

Greyfox
28th January 2005, 11:52 PM
*Grey has new hair*

It's quite sad, really. My long greasy lockes have been shaved off. I only meant for my sister to give me a slight trim and somehow she misinterpreted. Turns out I have to change my whole look based on that misunderstanding... whoops... :heh:

Now I bought some thick glasses and look like Buddy Holly... Doubleyou-zero-zero-seven!

-Buddy Holly'd

Suite Madame Blue
29th January 2005, 01:14 AM
How does someone misinterpret "a slight trim" to mean "buzz cut?" Sounds like your sister had her own agenda. [/teasing] On the plus side, hair grows faster in the winter than in the summer. Until then, better learn the lyrics to Peggy Sue. At least Buddy Holly kicked major butt.

PancaKe
29th January 2005, 02:41 AM
Also Girls can grow there hair as long as they want and the school staff will have an internal disorder if a boy comes in with hair that goes like more than 5 centimetres past there shoulder.

That depends on whether you go to a private or public school.

Greyfox
29th January 2005, 02:49 AM
How does someone misinterpret "a slight trim" to mean "buzz cut?" Sounds like your sister had her own agenda. [/teasing] On the plus side, hair grows faster in the winter than in the summer. Until then, better learn the lyrics to Peggy Sue. At least Buddy Holly kicked major butt.
Perhaps she had her own agenda, perhaps she just doesn't know how to cut hair. Luckily for me, my hair grows at an unusually quick rate. It'll probably be back to normal within two week's time...

... until then...

If you knew Peggy Sue - then you’d know why I feel blue
Without Peggy - my Peggy Sue
Oh well, I love you gal - yes, I love you Peggy Sue
Peggy Sue, Peggy Sue - oh how my heart yearns for you
Oh Peggy - my Peggy Sue
Oh well, I love you gal - yes, I love you Peggy Sue
Peggy Sue, Peggy Sue - pretty pretty pretty pretty Peggy Sue
Oh Peggy - my Peggy Sue
Oh well, I love you gal and I need you Peggy Sue
I love you Peggy Sue - with a love so rare and true
Oh Peggy - my Peggy Sue
Well I love you gal - I want you Peggy Sue
Peggy Sue, Peggy Sue
Pretty pretty pretty pretty Peggy Sue
Oh Peggy - my Peggy Sue
Oh well, I love you gal and I need you Peggy Sue
I love you Peggy Sue - with a love so rare and true
Oh Peggy - my Peggy Sue
Well I love you gal - I want you Peggy Sue
Oh well, I love you gal and I want you Peggy Sue

-Peggy Sue'd

Whisper in the Wind
29th January 2005, 01:01 PM
*Grey has new hair*

It's quite sad, really. My long greasy lockes have been shaved off. I only meant for my sister to give me a slight trim and somehow she misinterpreted. Turns out I have to change my whole look based on that misunderstanding... whoops... :heh:

Now I bought some thick glasses and look like Buddy Holly... Doubleyou-zero-zero-seven!

-Buddy Holly'd
Is it just me or do women just assume that when you leave anything about yourself up to them, they go ahead and do what they 'think' is best rather than what you pacifically asked for. :s:

Some public schools over here let you get away with long hair/dye/"unique" styles, but (even on "mufty day" [basically a day where you wear what you want]) they have issues with dog collars, all black, things like that. It's annoying ><

Sceptile_Master
29th January 2005, 01:20 PM

I go to a public school.

Suite Madame Blue
29th January 2005, 07:28 PM
Even public schools here can get pretty picky about personal appearance, and some of their dress code requirements are ridiculous. Zero Tolerance taken too far.

-Peggy Sue'd
Hee hee...

PancaKe
29th January 2005, 07:28 PM
i go to a public school and they're cool with pretty much most lengths of hair, including guys having long hair. They're not cool about bright pink hair or any other bright obscene colours, mohawks, really good mullets, dreadlocks and thinkgs like that. ^.^; Thats why I'm dying my hair black this afternoon. :-)

The Decapitated Mole
29th January 2005, 07:57 PM
Meh, my school can't do shit bout anyone's hair, you should see some of the hair we've got. That's why public school kicks private school's ass all the way to the bank, although the dress code's a bit ridonkulausz.

o_0
jimm

PancaKe
29th January 2005, 11:07 PM
my schools public but has uniform and is pretty strict about uniform. actually, all aussie public schools have uniform. ^.^;

mr_pikachu
29th January 2005, 11:29 PM
Heh, public schools over here are completely lax. Of course, I went to a private high school, but that's beside the point. :sweat:

Well, I have a busy few weeks ahead of me. I'm now about to start reviewing TMAOH, I have four exams within a few days of each other starting a week from Monday, and I feel an incessant need to watch every Law and Order episode that comes on. What's really a problem is when there are two episodes on separate channels at the same time... :freak:

I wonder how much I'll screw myself up when I go the next two weeks without sleep? Hmm... :scared:

P.S. The new Fanfic Trivia Game question is up! Answer it! NOW!

PancaKe
29th January 2005, 11:47 PM
I need sleep too! I almost slept in and missed church this morning. Got up like five minutes beofre i left. woopsies ;)

Sceptile_Master
30th January 2005, 05:57 AM
Damn over in the UK every single public school has a uniform, I think it's a rule. I can't wait to go to colledge with no uniform. Hmm fanfic trivia game I might check it out, although I don't read the fanfics that much unless I'm in the mood because it takes alot of time.

Suite Madame Blue
30th January 2005, 11:39 AM
Well, I have a busy few weeks ahead of me. I'm now about to start reviewing TMAOH, I have four exams within a few days of each other starting a week from Monday, and I feel an incessant need to watch every Law and Order episode that comes on. What's really a problem is when there are two episodes on separate channels at the same time... :freak:

I wonder how much I'll screw myself up when I go the next two weeks without sleep? Hmm... :scared:
The Law & Order obsession is called procrastination. You obviously have a bad case of it if you feel you have to watch ALL the L & O's. Ignore the reruns, tape or Tivo the new ones, and save them up till after your exams. Maybe you can reward yourself by watching one - just one - after each study session, or something like that. I used to have to do stuff like that, otherwise I'd end up zoning out in front of cartoons while my studying got ignored, and then I'd end pulling all-nighters to prepare for the exam. Don't do that, or you won't be able to party to celebrate the end of finals.

PancaKe
30th January 2005, 11:31 PM
I am the best at procrastination :D

I started school today and evrybody was like "woah ur hair is gone!"

^.^

Greyfox
30th January 2005, 11:43 PM
I'm beginning to miss the days where school was a regular agenda on my every day routine.

*Grey sighs.*

But other than that, I still haven't got a job, which leads me to normally lounge around day after day. It's usually quite boring unless I'm visiting a friend whom happens to have a DSL connection (which is where I am presently anyway). The only thing dragging me down is the fact that I'm watching Super Milk Chan for unknown reasons. Lousy [adult swim] and their lack of proper judgement.

*Grey needs a job so he can afford the Internet, and finally start paying his sister to live in her home.*

I miss my church...

-Super Milk Chan sucks

mr_pikachu
31st January 2005, 12:07 AM
Don't do that, or you won't be able to party to celebrate the end of finals.

Oh, if only these were finals. But no, that's not the case. This is the first round of exams for me. After that I have the second round, and then finals. Plus all kinds of homework in between. *sobs* I won't be done until May...

PancaKe
31st January 2005, 02:00 AM
Oh, if only these were finals. But no, that's not the case. This is the first round of exams for me. After that I have the second round, and then finals. Plus all kinds of homework in between. *sobs* I won't be done until May...

*points and laughs*

my exams havent started yet.

but heck, im going to have exams from like, three weeks onwards for two years.

*cries*