PDA

View Full Version : 8-7-04 to 22-2-05 archive 35 Galloping Heebeejeebies Road, Smiley Town

Pages : [1] 2

The Decapitated Mole
7th July 2004, 11:07 AM
Good. My mom's been in the hospital for a month, and she'll soon be in a nursing home [she's only 48], but I'm fine. And yourself?

Oh, and I almost forgot, I POST PRETTY STORY EVERYONE READ!!!11shift+4

o_0
jimm

PancaKe
7th July 2004, 11:29 AM
*kicks hiney* How are you liking next thursday???

Damn thats not good about your mum. Prayin for ya dude.

Next time someone needs to remind me not to post examples of spam... its encouraging.

mr_pikachu
7th July 2004, 02:05 PM
Well, I haven't exactly had the best last few days, but it's been worse for my dog. On the Fourth of July, she was extremely lethargic, and we took her to the vet last night. We expected that she had a sore throat, or something. The diagnosis? An auto-immune disorder.

That night she had a blood transfusion, along with a drug called pregnazone that's suppose to help her body accept the new blood better. Now we have to take her to the local animal hospital just about every day, and when we bring her home for the night, she has to keep a catheter in her leg in case she ends up needing another transfusion. She's one unhappy dog right now.

And do you know what the worst part is? She's not even four yet, and they're giving her a maximum of a few more years to live. Plus, she's only got about a 50/50 chance of making it out of this crisis. My mom cries almost every night, and I have to hold back the tears. It's painful.

So, uh... how're you all?

PancaKe
8th July 2004, 12:58 AM
Why is it that so much bad stuff is happening to everyone latley? It's just so sad! Man, and I thought my life was weird.

Prayin 4 u all

mistysakura
8th July 2004, 02:37 AM
I'm sorry to hear about this stuff. I hope your dog gets better, m_p, and I hope your mum will be fine, TDM.

Me? Nothing much going on, really. I'm seeing Harry Potter tonight, should be good.

mr_pikachu
8th July 2004, 02:44 AM
Thanks, PancaKe and ms. I really appreciate it. She seems a little bit better today, actually. The jaundice (caused by the destruction of red blood cells) is slowly clearing up. She was literally yellow two days ago, but now she's regaining her pinkish skin color. Of course, she's got a blood test soon, so we'll see how everything is then. We're trying not to be overly optimistic, just in case...

*checks computer clock* Hey, it's 3 A.M. Thursday... how are you, TDM? Did you enjoy your time-travelling experience?

Gavin Luper
8th July 2004, 03:20 AM
HOORAY! I'M HAPPY!

Tada! Yeah, life is good for me at the moment. School finished about an hour ago for the holidays so that means I get to relax and maybe even SLEEP! Awesomeness!!! Seeing Shrek 2 tomorrow night so hopefully it'll be good, I've seen the other two big movies recently (Harry Potter was awesome and Spiderman 2 was pretty good) so this will complete my movie-spree.

As for you guys tdm and mr_pikachu, I'm sorry to hear about all the bad stuff that's going on, but don't worry! Things will look up!

Cheerio people!

PancaKe
8th July 2004, 07:04 AM
I've seen Shrek 2 - its not a bad movie. Number 1 is totally better tho IMHO.

How was Harry Potter, ada? Worth seeing? I havent seen it yet - my family will probably go to watch it soon tho.

The Decapitated Mole
8th July 2004, 08:06 AM
Yeh, Thursday's been good to me so far. I just hope it stays that way and--*looks out window*--Oh crap. It's raining.

So aaanywho... yeh, my mom should be fine, thanks. She's going into rehab, so we hope she'll get better soon and stuff.

And I heard mixed reviews for Shrek 2. My friends said it rocked, my cousin and uncle said it sucked. I personally thought it looked stupid, so I'm just gonna wait 'till it comes out on vhs/dvd. Anyone seen Spidey 2? Saw it on opening day [AKA last wednesday, which is a weird day to start a movie on] and I thought it was better than the first.

And sorry about your dog, mr p. I would go crazy if that happened to my dog, cuz i love dogs and such, and we've had him since I was 10...

o_0
jimm

o_0
jimm

mr_pikachu
8th July 2004, 12:11 PM
One of my friends took me to see Spiderman 2 the other day, and it was pretty good, despite the fact that I had to leave during the main fight scene because of a call about my dog. But I pretty much got the gist of what happened.

And now, an update on my dog. She's had her blood work done once today, and it's looking pretty good... she'll have another one later. The problem is, we won't really be sure whether or not the blood's being accepted by her system for a few weeks, now. But we're trying to enjoy her as much as possible, and make sure she's comfortable. But we think she's doing better, for now. We're just keeping the faith.

Hope your mom'll be okay, TDM. Just keep up your support for her, and do what you can. I wish you all luck in the future.

Dragonfree
8th July 2004, 06:29 PM
Aww... hope your dog makes it, mr_pikachu. :( Topics like this are so depressing... what a "smiley town"...

I'm doing pretty fine though.

dratinihaunter13
8th July 2004, 06:47 PM
Prayers and Best Wishes to y'all. As great people I think things will work out for you guys.

I saw Spiderman2 and liked it, tho i liked the first one more. sry ^^'
What I really want to see is Dodgeball but I still haven't seen it.
Anyway, overall I'm doing just fine. Finally got a job this summer, last week, working for my uncle at 7 bucks/hr. i'll take it, it's office work mostly. i miss my best friend/little brother cuz he's been in Peru since June 4th. he'll be back in a week or so. i also miss my girlfriend who just visited from phoenix not too long ago. long distance is hard, but possible people! i'll get to see her all through school at arizona. in my spare time i'm w/ friends mostly and figuring out what a horrible halo player i am =).

DannyBoy
8th July 2004, 09:14 PM
I love dogs and I hope yours gets better mrpika! I love dogs and I feel for them. I bet things will get better.

We'll my friends brother has a recording studio and hes letting me go there and record my cd. It will most likely take all summer to get it finished since I been writing so much for it and it should take some times to get the melodys and such in place. Should be fun and can't wait to have it recorded and done.

Mewfour
8th July 2004, 10:19 PM
Hi. I'm Mewfour. I disappeared a few months ago and don't plan on returning too soon. For those of you who don't know me, good. For those of you who have had the displeasure of crassing my path, rest easy and know that I'm not planning on returning for a looooooooong time yet.

It's been raining here in Edmonton, and damn, is it ever raining. And lucky lucky me, the only room in the basement that's sprung a leak is mine. It's in there somethere, I still haven't found it.

Anyway, me equals annoyed. For those who;ve followed my long and sordid exploits on TPM, they know I'm a big wrestling fan. And you can imagine the pain I'm having to watch Bradshaw lug around the WWE title. I mean, it's Bradshaw as WWE champ........... Bradshaw. Just thinking of the very concept makes my brain bleed. Violently.

Speaking of horror-induced hemmorages......

I'm feeling waaaaaay messed up in the head today. So what else is new? I left TPM again to work on my fic library, and I can't get a damn thing down. I try to write, but noooooo, I've jst gotta watch the same wrasslin match over again. But nooooooooo, I've just gotta go to Gamefaqs and whine and ***** and argue with the freaks and losers that inhabit their message boards. I know, I'm pathetic. Maybe if I could only get my laptop fixed my ficcing troubles would be over. But you know me, always saying "Oh I'll do it later. I don't wannnaaaa........." *sigh* I doubt I'll ever learn. To get a basic picture of what's running through my twisted head, dowload "Mistakes" by Godsmack. That's pretty much what I'm like right now. I mean, I'm watching Smackdown instead of finishing Bloody Sword. SMACKDOWN. Forget about being a lazy procrastinator, watching SmackDown is the ultime rock bottom of loserdom.

Well, that's all the self-loathing hate and banter from yours truly. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm back off to my busy schedule of slowly decaying.... mmmm.... brainrot.....

Tainted
8th July 2004, 10:28 PM
Speaking of music-- I recently broke off from my band because two of the four members wanted to get four more members in the band and 'go ska.' I'm in utter disgust at ska music, so me and the other dude that opposed said "**** it-- we're out" and right now we're in our own two man band looking for a bassist and a vocalist/back up guitar.

It's sort of good for us though, because previously we were a more energetic punk band, almost on the poppy side-- but with the two that forced that influence on us, we've gone basically metal.
This guy's a god on guitar too-- we can do a whole bunch of Metallica duo's, like Master of Puppets, One, etc.

If anyone hasn't figured it out, I play drums, have been playing for like a year. Our band is now nameless again, because they took our band name... Heh, we were called "Red Light," but that's changed now.
Band Names People Have Suggested:
-Wanda Got An Abortion
-Green Means Go
-Leave the Beaver tagline: when muff ain't doin' you no good.
-Adolf Got A Record Deal
-Exhale
-****bean and the Sock Bunnies
-Cyndrilical Means Of Penile Explosion

And that's about all I can think of right now... We had a whole shitload of hilarious submissions-- but we were going for a more serious band title.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Skye
8th July 2004, 10:33 PM
Hello! I'm Airen(duh). It's not my real name, but not to say that my reall name isn't wierd too. ;) Anywaus, I just got my driver's permit today and everyone's really scared. I'm not too bad of a driver, though. Anyways, I have five cyute kittens now. One of the cats got out and came back with a lot of romeos. Anyways, I'm really liking having them around. They'll be four weeks old this Saturday. Three are golden tabbies and the other two are black. I'm writing a story that I'm really into. I'd only lose interest in it if I siddenly started hating it, but what's the cances of that happening. I'm a bit unnerved, though. I really want to have finished it, but it makes me crazy when I feel like I'm drifting away from it. But I'm clinging onto it like a Sprcial Dark Chocolate Hershey's(sp?) bar.

I'm borrowing a shool laptop(mom's a SE teacher) to work on it away from home because I travel a lot in summer. The only thing that bugs me is how little I feel that I accomplish while I'm away... Well, that's some insane rambles from me, I'll try not to take up anymore board space... Tonight... Adios! :lol:

PancaKe
11th July 2004, 08:43 AM
Nice to see people r replying.

I have this weird virus, called Worm/Agobot.22.BN and it stops me posting here a lot of the time. I havent been able to post here for like , 2 days! It's EVIL EVIL EVIL.

If anybody knows anything about it please share! Especially if you know how to get rid of it (without formatting C:\)

mr_pikachu
12th July 2004, 02:11 AM
Well, first of all, what you have is technically a worm, not a virus. That means it won't infect other files on your computer. The bad news is that it can still create copies of itself, and send the copies to other computers on your network (if you're on a network, that is). It can also spread via Internet Relay Chat, which I assume is like AIM, for example. (That's an assumption; I don't really know what IRC means exactly. It sounds right, though.)

Okay, your worm name is Agobot... let's see... I haven't found the exact name you gave, but I did find a page specifically on Agobot-type worms. Hopefully the information listed here can help you:

http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/agobot.shtml

This web page branches off into several parts with different information and fixes for the individual Agobot types. Hopefully this information will help you. Good luck in getting rid of that worm! :wave:

EDIT: btw, later today we're taking my dog to get another blood test. This one should show us whether or not she's really improving. Needless to say, I'm praying like crazy for her.

We also looked at a book that had information about her condition. Supposedly it gives only a 40% survival rate. I hope my dog is one of the lucky ones...

PancaKe
12th July 2004, 03:08 AM
The page wont load! thats sooo evil!!!

I went formal shopping today , i didnt' get a dress but i got a hooded jacket, and the hood has ears. and I got a warm beanie :)

mr_pikachu
12th July 2004, 03:20 AM
The page won't load? That's weird... the link I posted works fine on my comp.

Okay, I'll try again, in a different way. Beware, for I am now going to copy and paste all of the relevant material onto this post. Here it comes...

Oh, wait... maybe I should just PM it to you. Would that be better? I wouldn't want to clog up the thread with stuff that no one else has any interest in.

I hope you enjoyed your shopping, though. The hood has ears? I'd never heard of something like that. Must be nice, though, in cold weather. That is, if you even have cold weather in Australia. It's not like I've ever seen a movie with snow there. :lol:

If you like, I can PM the info I gathered to you. I'll be putting it all in one place, just so I can have easy access if you decide you'd like it. See ya! :wave:

EDIT: I was able to compile the info faster than I thought, so I just went ahead and sent it. Sorry if I'm jumping the gun, but I figured you'd want it as soon as possible. I really hope it helps, even though it is rather complex.

PancaKe
15th July 2004, 02:02 AM
So...

who likes stuff?

PS thanks so much for the info mr_pika, and dude, u got something we can call ya thats shorter than mr pikachu???

mistysakura
15th July 2004, 04:04 AM
I like stuff! Do you like stuff? What is stuff anyway? Just kidding.

Anyway, I'd better talk about something. For some reason, we seem to be getting nice-sized assignments right at the beginning of term. School promo video in Japanese, writing and performing a comedy for Literature, calculating our houses' electricity comsumption per month (that's for Science)... Yes, they're all pretty weird. Lucky people on holidays.

PancaKe
15th July 2004, 07:11 AM
Heck, we got a ton of english assignments suddenly. They're all due the first day back of term, which is next tuesday. Guess who hasnt' started :P

The Decapitated Mole
15th July 2004, 07:43 AM
I'm just glad of two things. 1: School's out for me until September. Hah! and 2: I passed all my classes. I got 3 D's, an A, a B and a C, but I passed goddamn it!!!

And I like stuff too.

And yay I'm happy cause my mom can talk [mostly] now in something besides a whisper, and can make complete sentences, and can use her left arm all teh way, and can sort of use her right arm[which she couldn't do when she was home here]!!!!! I love improvements.

o_0
jimm

DannyBoy
15th July 2004, 12:09 PM
Same here, school in September. I just barely passed everything with D's and then I failed Earth Science so I get to repeat it. The teacher is to serious and needs to have a sense of humor. He never laughs at anything and it seems he has a giant stick up his butt all the time. I pranked him once and he got mad but he never found out I did it...it was fun! I kind of want to go back to school, but only for a week so I can see my friends.

mr_pikachu
15th July 2004, 12:49 PM
No problem, Tara. And you already have a name shorter than mr_pikachu! It's mr_pika! You said it yourself... ;) If you'd like, you can call me Brian, I suppose. Though that's not much better than mr_pika...

I'm glad your mom's doing better, TDM. That's great news.

And now, an update on my dog:

She had a blood test last Monday, but I didn't post about it because I already had the last post... -_-; Anyway, the test went well. She needed at least a 35 in this one count (I think it might've been red blood cells), and she got 40. I'm so happy! She'll still have a lifespan far shorter than normal, but still... it's great that she'll be around for at least awhile longer.

In a related story, our vacation is cancelled, since we had to stay home with our sick dog... The last day of said vacation would have been yesterday. I'm just thankful we didn't leave a day sooner than we had planned, or else our dog would've died while we were away. But that DIDN'T HAPPEN! *jumps around wildly*

School's only a month away, though... *slumps shoulders*

Gavin Luper
15th July 2004, 10:43 PM
Heh ... no assignments for me at all. I'm still on holidays. Hey Tara, Ada, when did you guys go back? I thought you were still on holidays?

Just watching everyone talk about grades and stuff made me wonder what year at school we're all in? I'm in Year 11 myself, but what is everyone else in?

Cheers!

DannyBoy
15th July 2004, 10:46 PM
Well this year im finally getting into 11th. I have a feeling I may fail it but I hope not. 11th is supposed to be the hardest out of everything since you take most of the tests that determine if you graduate. Also Mr.Pika, its great that your dog is getting better! Hope your dog lasts as long as possible! :)

mistysakura
16th July 2004, 05:46 AM
I'm in Year 10, and I expect all the teachers will start talking about subject choices some time soon, and we'll have to try very hard to ignore them/ don't get stressed out. By the way, I went back to school this week. It's been alright so far. On a semi-related note, I'm having my first singing lesson next Monday, I'm so excted!

Glad to hear your mom's better, Jimm (that's your name?), and it's cool your dog's going good, mr_pika.

The Decapitated Mole
16th July 2004, 07:54 AM
Why am I cold? It's 60 degrees in here. :(

Sooo.... anywho, I'm not sure what year this is, since we don't call it that in America, but at the end of the summer I'll be starting 9th grade in the new High School. I don't get it. We [the city of Nashua] spent millions of dollars building a gigantic new high school, with 3 gyms, 2 greenhouses, restaurants, a bank, and more, but now we're so overbudgeted that they were talking about closing an elementary school [the one I went to, I might add], getting rid of kindergarten entirely, and not providing bus transportation for High Schoolers [and I can't drive for two more years!]. The people put a stop to that, so they found other solutions, but now they're overbudget again and want to get rid of all sports and extracurricular activities for High Schools.

It's bull.

And yes, my name is Jimm. 8)

o_0
jimm

Pig on the Wing
16th July 2004, 08:44 AM
hey all.

I'm in Year 9 over here, a puny little 14 yr old :cry:

Our school system is changing from three tier to two tier - we broke last week for 8 WEEKS!
Soz, prolly don't seem like much to you guys, but heck, we normally only get six weeks off, so it's great news for me :P

Music wise, a couple of months ago I started up my own band (lot's of time to practise!) and we're playing at the local balloon festival (big stuff) next year in August. We can't do it this year because Ronan Keating (yuck) is here. I'm going to accidentally die the die before and then come back to life agin afterwards :D
Our band is currently nameless which could also be why we couldn't play this year, but that don't matter. Does it? Prolly don't mean much to you, but our band is:
Andrew (me) = Lead guitar + backup vocals
Glen = Rhythm guitar + lead vocals
Jonathan = Bass
Hubert = Drums

We play metal stuff, and we've sent of to a couple of recording studios; we prolly won't get signed cos we're too young; we sent off with our sort of, temporary name 'Bloodlust' but we're prolly gonna change it... suggestions?
Some of the people that live near and know Glen are only 15 though, and they've been given a temporary record deal, so there's hope for us yet.

Meh, life's good...

Also music-wise, I passed my Grade 5 Piano and my Grade 4 drums! Yay! Do any of you lot play instruments? I'll start us off:

Drums <> Guitar <> Bass <> Piano/Keyboard <> Recorder <> Saxophpone

Glad to hear your dog's OK mr_pikachu... our dog died two years ago, but we haven't really had too good luck with pets...
Our dog and one of our rabbits died two years ago, another one of our rabbits and one of our guinea pigs died last year :(
At the moment though, we've got two rabbits and two guinea pigs, and they're doing alright, so yeah...

Leon-IH
16th July 2004, 09:06 AM
Hey hey hey.

:).. or is it :D

either way lets make this town smiley again, sorta like my household recently.

Put my cat on a new diet today, some science diet thing that seemed pretty amazing when my friend gave it to his cat so lets see if it can get my 15yr old cat off my chair and outside (if we get lucky), NOTE: the cat is older than me.

Good to hear your dog is ok Brian.. or whatever :P

Metal band eh snorlax, sounds cool.. just don't go down the Metallica end of metal or i shall beat your skull in with a sledgehammer which will make this a very unsmiley town :)

mr_pikachu
17th July 2004, 03:43 AM
Thanks Immortal, ms, Snorlax, and Leon. I appreciate you guys' support. She hasn't improved much recently, but she's still doing much, much better than she was. We're really starting to get hopeful at this point that she'll break out of this crisis, despite the fact that we're guarding against an extreme letdown. It's hard not to be happy right now. :)

I'm heading into my freshman year of college (we have 12 years of regular school here in America, plus kindergarten). It's gonna be fun being the youngest freshman there. :D

Possible name for a metal band: Fluffy Pillows.

No? That won't work? Uh... Bloody Pillows? ;) Or howabout this: Used Organ Salesmen. Twisted, and with multiple possible meanings!

Remember, you're in Smiley Town, so frowning is against the law! :eek:

Tainted
17th July 2004, 11:21 AM
How about "Dirty Pillows," I'm sure it's already taken...

Speaking of pets, anyone here got a lot? I used to have tons, but the little kids are getting older, so we aren't that pet-abundant anymore. At our prime we had two guinea pigs, five rabbits, one hamster, fifteen assorted fish, and an old cat. Well, the old cat died of old age, the fish didn't live very long because, well, they're fish-- the two guinea pigs both died of old age and one of the rabbits died as well.

Originally, we only had four rabbits, but one day one of my friends knocked on my door-- a female friend of mine, and she had a rabbit with her and it looked so weak and cold. She had found it outside, and she didn't want it to die, and she knew I had rabbits so she brought it over. So, we nursed it back to health and became my favorite rabbit because it was very calm and trusting. Well, worse came to worse, and it eventually died from a hereditary skin disease, where it's skin became enflamed and sores opened up on it's body. So, we tried to help it out by washing it often, but eventually it died.

So now, we just have the four bunnies named: Bunbun, Fuzzbun, Littlebun and Donkeybun-- and the one that died was named Oliverbun, because she was an orphan, so to speak.
Oh, and one hamster named Hammy Etta von Smellyballs.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

PancaKe
18th July 2004, 06:07 AM
Should I have coloured writing? Hmm...

Anyway...

Pets? Um, I have a dog, a REALLY CUTE DOG named Angie. She's my beautiful dog.

And we used to have three guinnea pigs. Split into guys and girls. Now we have eight. So somebody got it wrong :D Their names are Midnight, Cloud, Casperjoinen (my brothers fault), Corriander, Cherry, Cloud (my brother named 2 the same), Cheeky and Runty. And they're all very cute.

Leon-IH
18th July 2004, 07:45 AM
Lets see, i've got my cat who is 15 now and still strong as all hell (she beat up the neighbours cat a few months ago, the ended up friends lol).

I also have fish which I share with my dad (7 fish all up, half of them are about 9), we had a fish that was 19 when i was little.

DannyBoy
18th July 2004, 12:30 PM
I have 3 dogs. I have one Pug named Bella Mafia who is 9 months old. Two chows one black one named Priscilla and is abour 4 years old and a brown one named Teddy who is 10 years old. I love them all and they all are strange. Right now were dog sitting my moms boss's pug Nemo and Nemo and Bella Mafia play all the time. They're crazy!

Today sucks all rain and thunder which I like but I couldn't go to this amusment park. Everytime we make plans to go out it rains like crazy.

Gavin Luper
20th July 2004, 12:05 AM
You're not alone with the rain and thunder. It's grey and wet and overcast here today, meaning for the umpteenth day I'm stuck in the house doing nothing but hanging around here and writing.

Oh, and Tara, you should have coloured writing! It's your thing!

Anyways, I have a dog called Ebony. She's a staffy crossed with a Golden Retriever, which makes her a kind of small black retriever. It's quite an odd mixture. She's awesome though, full of energy (usually too full of energy). Problem is that she's allergic to bees, and constantly tries to eat them ... that poses a bit of a problem though :(

Hope your dog keeps getting better, Brian. Keep hoping and praying!

mr_pikachu
20th July 2004, 01:06 AM
Thanks, Gavin. I really do appreciate it, especially with the most recent development...

Today we got another blood test back for my dog. This one wasn't as good as the first. She's now only three points above the borderline for her red blood cell count, so we have to keep a very close eye on her. Plus, they found she has too much fat, which means that her liver isn't working properly. That's a side effect of the very medicine she's taking to keep her alive. To top it off, her hair's thinning, and we think she could soon have bald patches and the like. So today wasn't the best of days.

Anyway, I have two dogs. One is 13, and the other one (who is sick) is 4 years old. They're both female poodles, and no, we don't give them those weird poodle cuts. They look cute the way they're groomed, not all fancy like some others.

And you need colored writing, Tara. You need it. It's your style. Takes me back to the golden days of LVH... ahhh... *slips into blissful memories*

Gavin Luper
20th July 2004, 01:09 AM
Wow. Keep praying hey. Isn't there anything at all you can do to help her out with the red blood cell thing, like different things you could feed her to increase the cell count?

mr_pikachu
20th July 2004, 01:48 AM
We're feeding her a special diet, as well as giving her a medication called Pregnazone (which, as I mentioned before, has harmful side effects). There's really nothing more we can find to help her out. Plus, I found a Pregnazone pill on the floor tonight, which means she spit it out at some point. But if there was anything more we could do, we'd be doing it.

Suddenly Smiley Town has become a misnomer again...

PancaKe
20th July 2004, 01:58 AM
Whats a misnomer?

Lol I'm so smart.

Well school started again for me. Please provide tissues. I do really need them.... :(

mr_pikachu
20th July 2004, 02:10 AM
A misnomer is a name that is deceiving, whether intentional or not. For instance, the Vikings gave Iceland and Greenland their names, even though they don't really make sense (because Iceland is frequently green and beautiful, while Greenland is like a huge hunk of ice). They did that to trick other settlers to go to Greenland, instead of the more pleasant Iceland.

In the same way, Smiley Town seems to be overrun with depressing stories, so it's not very "Smiley".

Sorry about school starting up again, Tara. It's like the plague; you can't stop it, and you can only hope to get through it.

P.S. Did that information I gave you help any? I hope your system's free of infection now. :yes:

DannyBoy
20th July 2004, 11:40 PM
Mr.Pika that is horrable! I have faith that your dog will do better, it has to and its so young. I hate seeing dogs sick, I couldn never imagine mine. I really hope yours gets better, it has to!

Well tomarrow is my first day at making my demo tape for when I go to the studio saturday to start work on making my album which is just for fun. My friends brother is nice and stuff but I am scared at how this might turn out. I'm hoping we can make a cool fun sound and make it be me. He's helped write on of my songs and then other 25-30 I wrote even though i wont do all, just the best. Hope it does well because I know I wont make it in hollywood. I would yell at the people probably if I got mad.

PancaKe
21st July 2004, 01:06 AM
Smiley town is just called smiley town because it is. I stole the naem from south park anyway, when all the parents were in jail , and when they sacrificed kenny. ^_^ good old south park. they ruined it.

*shrugs* computer still has virus but oh well. whatever :P

and good luck with your album immortaldreams. :)

I like cheese.

and emus!

DannyBoy
21st July 2004, 01:12 AM
I love south park, everytime kenny got killed but now they show his face a lot and he doesnt get killed as much. Thanks Pancake! That meant a lot! Also I agree, chesse is good, espeically on grilled cheese. Now I want one!

PancaKe
21st July 2004, 05:04 AM
Grilled cheese < Pancakes

:) YAY!

Pancakes are nice.... so is sugar.

Gavin Luper
21st July 2004, 11:10 PM
Uh oh, someone's on a suger high ... :sweat4:

Anyways, I like Smiley Town. It's smiley and fun. I guess it could be funner. We could talk about ... well, sugar. Tara took that idea already though.

Oh, ImmortalDreams, seriously good luck with your album, hope you go well! I'll be looking forward to hearing it over here in Australia. And Brian, hows the dog lately? Any improvments?

DannyBoy
21st July 2004, 11:14 PM
Thanks but I don't think I'll get that famous lol. I wish but I doubt it. But I will try and when its finished download it onto my computer and find away to post it but thanks.

Sugar highs can be very fun! Had one today and I jumped in my pool with all my cloths on. But tomarrow supposed to get crappy outside again. It just wont stop rainning.

Gavin Luper
21st July 2004, 11:17 PM
Ah well, you never know eh?

Ah I wish I could go swimming right now. But it's cold and rainy and windy - and it has been for the last 3 days or so. Oh, and there's the slight complication of not having a pool. :(

I haven't been on a sugar high for ages, maybe I should again. Mmmmm ... mud cake might be a good start ...

mr_pikachu
21st July 2004, 11:42 PM
We haven't taken our dog to get another blood test, but she seems somewhat... lethargic. She also can't have the food she used to, because of the risk of dying over too much fat. We heard a story (true, sadly) about a dog who was fed a 1-inch cube of ham when it had the condition our dog has now. It died. So we have to be exceedingly careful with our food from now on.

Of course, it's not our food I'm worried about. You see, our (insane) neighbors have this habit of putting food out in their yard. Yes, food. They try to feed whatever animals come around, even if it kills them. This has the slight complication of the animals dumpong what remains of the food in our yard when they're done. And with our dog's condition, now... it could be highly dangerous. We're moving sort of soon, anyway, in about a year or two, down to a lake near us. (We have to build the house first, but that's another worry entirely.) I only hope they don't kill our dog with their idiotic habits before we can move.

Good luck with the album, ImmortalDreams! Make it big for all of us TPMers!

And Gavin, if you want to seriously screw yourself up, don't do a mere sugar high. Stay up for the entire night, chatting on TPM and such. The next day you'll be half-dead. Seriously, it's much more fun. :yes:

Captain Pringle
22nd July 2004, 12:53 AM
Whoa, like, why haven't I posted in this yet? Hi, I'm Captain Pringle and I'm an alocho... err... and I write stories. Yeah. And, um, I just bought a guitar like 3 weeks ago and I've been playing it every day. Yay! ^_^

mistysakura
22nd July 2004, 06:42 AM
Good luck with the album, ImmortalDreams! Remember us when you're famous! Just kidding. It's really cool that you're making one though, I've always wanted to make one myself.

And guitars are cool. Actually, in my opinion, all instruments are cool. Except maybe bagpipes or something.

Andrew
22nd July 2004, 07:03 AM
My sister had a short stint where she wanted to play the bagpipes a year or two ago.

A large scottish man who had a habit of dribbling was her teacher. Needless to say, after much whinging, and the freaky man, she gave it up. There was apparently a bagpipe association, but godforbid, I never took a step in there.

But if I were going to play an instrument, drums, or Trumpet. They're cool.

PancaKe
23rd July 2004, 08:46 AM
^_^ Bagpipes association? What next?

Well I play bass guitar, taking lessons for that so its all good. I can actually make sounds rather than just noise, its quite good acutally. :D

mistysakura
23rd July 2004, 11:22 PM
One of my friends plays bagpipes. She visits TPM, actually, so I might get into a bit of trouble for saying that bagpipes are uncool. :D But anyway, I sing (had my first lesson on Monday, yay), dand I used to play piano. Gave it up at the end of last year, after finishing Grade 8. I'm currently in a bit of debate whether to do music for years 11+12 though; it would be really cool, but I'm not sure I'm good enough for it. Bleh.

mr_pikachu
24th July 2004, 02:29 AM
I played the piano for three years, until I quit when I was somewhere around 11 years old. I tried to get back into it, but to no avail.

Is the piano considered a "geeky" instrument to you all? Or can it be cool, too? Not that it matters to me anymore; I'm just curious about what you all think.

Tara... the worm on your comp isn't gone? Hmm. I thought the thing I sent you gave instructions on how to get rid of it. Was I mistaken, or did it just not work? :confused:

Question: Why does it seem like Australian grade levels are different than the ones in America? I thought Ada was in college, but she's just finished Grade 8... does that make sense in Australia, or am I confused... again? :rolleyes:

And seeing as I don't know anyone who plays the bagpipes... weirdest instrument ever. :D Totally.

Andrew
24th July 2004, 05:05 AM
Simply

Grades 1-7 (You start in the year you turn 6 generally) are called "Primary School"

Years 8-12 (Started in the year you turn 13) are called "High School or Secondary Schooling"

When you're 17 you can then apply to get into University here. Or Tafe. Heh. Everyone makes so much fun of Tafe.

classy_cat18
24th July 2004, 07:22 AM
Is the piano considered a "geeky" instrument to you all? Or can it be cool, too? Not that it matters to me anymore; I'm just curious about what you all think.

Excuse me? Have you ever even heard Alicia Keys play that thing? I sing her newest hit in the shower every day!

I play the piano and I've tried the clarinet and the flute in seventh grade Band. But my main instrument is my own voice. ;)

Today is my birthday! Happy 20th birthday to me! I can't believe I'm turning 20.

PancaKe
24th July 2004, 08:20 AM
Actually - Oz thats only for u weird QLDers.

In NSW it starts when ur 4-5 and u go through Kindergarten - year 6.

Then its high school from year 7 - 12.

then u get out when ur about 17-18 and u go from their to uni or tafe or neither and get a job. :D

mr_pikachu
24th July 2004, 11:16 AM
So... it's different depending on what part of Australia you live in? Okay... I suppose that kinda makes sense...

Hey cc18, happy birthday to ya! Congratulations on the big 2-0! ;)

I wish my voice could be an instrument for me. But frankly, it sounds a little worse than nails scraping a chalkboard. And not fingernails, either. I'm talking actual steel nails. Do you have any idea how awful that sounds? :sweat2: My ears are good with music, but my voice is terrible. *sighs*

PancaKe
24th July 2004, 11:53 PM
Happy birthday cc18! We'll all buy you a cake one day.

Um.. .I wsih i could sing as well. But i'm hopeless, so I'm learning guitar and I can play bass :D Bass is so cool, no talent required!!

mistysakura
25th July 2004, 05:46 AM
I meant grade 8 piano. I'm in year 10 in school. And no, I'm not in college (if you saw me in real life, I'd be lucky to pass as a year 8.) Anyway, piano's not a geeky instrument. It's cool. Yes, even the classical stuff.

Happy Birthday classy_cat, and welcome back to fanfic! Are you going to resume your fic?

PancaKe
25th July 2004, 08:23 AM
Yea, cc18 bring back the fic! :) It's awesome!!!!

And piano is way funky - dont diss pianos! I luv piano + heavy metal - that just rox ur sox so bad it aint funny.

DannyBoy
26th July 2004, 12:36 AM
I want to learn the piano, I always wanted to play 'everytime' by britney spears. I love that song with a mad passion. Well Saturday was blast. Start talking about recording, editing a few songs to improve them and began writing new one for someone special to me which is cool. Won't start recording for a little bit cuz we wanna get my voice perfect.

CC18, I ben wondering when I saw your sn on the members thing that were on and glad to hear your coming back. I remember you very creative with your writing.

Gavin Luper
26th July 2004, 12:54 AM
I'm an expert piano player, to be honest. I can play Hot Cross Buns and Chopsticks! :lol:

Anyway, what's with the weird school system Tara? Damn Sydneysiders ... hehe ... over here, there's pre-primary in the year you turn 5, then year 1 in the year you turn 6.

Primary School = Year 1 - Year 7 (Aged 5-6, to 11-12)

And then you go to high school in the year you turn 13.

Secondary School = Year 8 - Year 12 (Aged 12-13, to 16-17)

So in Australia our final year in Year 12, the year in which we turn 17. Also, unlike in America and whatever, the school year begins in February and finishes in early December.

Ugh, listen to me talk to school, and I haven't even gone back yet ...

Cheers!

PancaKe
26th July 2004, 01:44 AM
i been back at school for 2 weeks now. ITS HORRIBLE DONT GO THERE!!!

And I can play mary had a little lamb and the beginning of tetris on the piano. rock on :D

Suite Madame Blue
26th July 2004, 10:06 AM
So what's Tafe? Is that like technical school?

Piano Is NOT geeky!!! A lot of musicians are trained on piano - look at Bruce Hornsby, Paul McCartney, and Steven Tyler. Both my kids take piano, and I've picked up the right-hand part of Ode To Joy. Actually, we were visiting with my husband's aunt and uncle, and we all agreed that piano is one of the few instruments that sounds good by itself. Too bad it's not more portable.

m_p, I'm sorry to hear about your dog. I know you're doing everything you can to help her. We lost a dog four years ago when she was hit by a truck. The vet tried surgery, but she was paralyzed and didn't recover. The hardest decision we had to make was when we put her down, and I'm crying right now, in fact. There's a book called Dog Heaven. It's a children's picture book, but the author gives such a great vision of what it's like that I'd recommend it for anyone who's dealing with even a potential loss. I read it every so often, even now.

My weekend tale might bring the mood back up: Friday we went to see Keith Urban in concert. I have never heard of this dude since I don't listen to country music, but his show was awesome! He has a great sound that infuses country with rock. Very good show, plus the venue we have in Bend made it that much better: it's an outdoor amphitheater on the Deschutes River, and across from that are shops and a movie theater. So not only can the concertgoers enjoy watching the show, but people can take their rafts or canoes on the river and listen, and shoppers across the river can hear the music too. The positive energy output is amazing.

On Saturday my husband and I went to a housewarming party. It was a redneck-themed party, and we all dressed up as white trash or hillbillies. No, we didn't wear Keith Urban t-shirts! :D I even won a prize for my costume - is that a good thing or a bad thing? I will admit that I drank a little too much that night, and that's when it's good to be married, because you always have a designated driver, and someone to take care of you when you're hung over. Not that it happens very often, especially when you have to set a good example for the kids, but sometimes the punch is stronger than you realize. :sweat4: It's been 15 years since I did anything like that, and I can honestly say it'll be at least another 15 before I do it again. Lesson reinforced.

Gavin Luper
27th July 2004, 02:36 AM
TAFE is what you can go to after year 12, or even after year 10 if you want to leave school early. They do tertiary courses there, everything from horticulture and automotive and hospitality and computing, so on and so on. I guess, to put it simple, it's like a basic University for people who didn't get into Uni, or didn't want to go there in the first place.

I think the piano is cool, especially if you can play it really well, it sounds awesome. Really.

Pichu Luver
27th July 2004, 04:51 PM
Ello all, ghost of fanfic here. Well read lots post little type of thing. I'm good, leavin for a cottage on Saturday. Lots of fun, last year the blackout hit while we were up there. I just thought the light bulb had blown, so yeah I didn't care much. Nor did it effect us much.

The piano is cool. I'm no expert, heck I haven't even takin lessons. My 'experiance' with the piano is reading a beginners book at my neighbours. Forget singin too, I'm much better at the trombone. No um 'buttons'(forgive me I forget the name), only seven positions! I look at the woodwinds and think, heck no way to many fingerings. BTW anybody play a reed instrument? I find the vibrating reed very annoying and hard to get a noise out of it (I've only tried the Tenor Sax so that could be why . . .)

I hope you dog gets better mr_pikachu. Just try and keep your spirits up. I heard somewhere the best cure is laughter. No dogs can't laugh, but they probably can pick up your mood. So if you try to be happy she might perk up too. Could just be me tho . . . ^^'''

Good luck with your album ImmortalDreams. Hope it goes well for you, and you have a blast too. Sounds like your having fun so thats all good.

Just before I go one more thing, HUMIDITY IS EVIL! Ug man you can't do a THING when the humidix is high. Its like you can breath and the heat is pushing in from all sides. Whoever invented air conditioners is a life saver.

~Pichu

mr_pikachu
27th July 2004, 05:19 PM
Pichu Luver, you live in Canada. Therefore, you have no idea what terrible heat really is. :lol: Seriously. I've spent all my life in either Oklahoma or Texas (minus vacations), and it gets to be truly unbearable a lot. Why do you think I spend so much time on TPM? Because there is air conditioning here. When you come in from mowing a lawn in 100 degree heat for two hours, you would kill to be back in the air conditioning. :yes:

My dog seems to be doing better. My mom practically went nuts the other day, though. She thought our dog was getting the jaundice again, which I'll admit would be a very serious occurance. She rushed our pooch over to the veterinarian's office, only to have him reassure her that our dog was fine. The little fuzzy one in our house seems to be doing better every day. :D

Again, good luck with the album, ID. Hope it turns out well!

mr_pikachu
5th August 2004, 09:55 PM
I hope you don't consider this double posting, since it's been over a week since the last post here (even though it was mine).

Anyway, I've got good news and bad news:

Good news: My dog is feeling much, much better. She's got her old personality back, and even though she's losing her hair, she's pretty much out of the woods for now.

Bad news: My computer is pretty much dead. It's been screwing up more and more over the last several months, and now it refuses to access the internet and freezes every 30 minutes or so. I'm using my parents' comp right now, since mine won't do anything useful anymore.

Good news: I'm probably going to go computer shopping this weekend, and my parents are going to buy me a new one. After all, I won't be able to do much at college if I don't have a working computer.

Anyway, to bring the chit-chat back... what kind(s) of music do you enjoy listening to? I'm pretty much a pop/soft rock fan, but I enjoy almost anything that involves Pokemon or is off one of the CDs. The only ones on those that I don't like are the karaoke songs and Dance of the Bellossom. I still don't get why they put that on the Pokemon 2000 soundtrack. :rolleyes:

DannyBoy
5th August 2004, 10:25 PM
I really anjoy pop/rock type music since thats what some of the music I do. But I also enjoy hip-hop, rap, regular rock, R&B , and soul. I like Avril, Ashlee Simpson, G-Unit, Eminem, Llyod, Ashanti, Beyonce, Jay-Z. Lots and lots. Good to hear about your dog! Glad its doing better!

classy_cat18
6th August 2004, 12:08 AM
I like hip-hop, soul, R&B, and gospel. I have to have three different Kirk Franklin CDs! I'm also a bit of a fan of Evanescence. They match my moody side.

Anyway, I got some burned episodes of Naruto for my birthday from my friend. Trouble is, they don't work! She said she would burn me another CD.

It's good that your dog's pretty much back to normal, mr_pikachu. I have two dogs myself and I don't know what I'd do if something happened to them.

mistysakura
6th August 2004, 01:38 AM
It's cool that your dog's better, mr_pika. As to the music, I like lots of stuff, but I don't like rap. And Canto-pop (don't get me started). My favourite genres are probably general contemporary (musical music, oops I mean music from musicals, is good)/world music, pop, rock and classical (mostly singing). My favourite artists would be Evanescence (although their style is a bit repetitive) and Hayley Westenra. I think Christina Aguilera's music is good, but I don't like her voice.

mr_pikachu
8th August 2004, 05:09 PM
Good news: I got a new computer today, and it hasn't crashed yet. (Note: My old computer was crashing very soon after I got Windows started up just about every sinle time.)

Bad news: I can't get it to start up AT ALL. It goes through that little XP thingie where the little squares move across that tiny bar repeatedly, then it says, "Please wait while Windows starts up", then... a bunch of randomly placed red pixels appear on the screen and move across the black background. Endlessly.

I'm just about fed up with computers right now, because nothing's working! I'm seriously considering buying a stupid typewriter, just because I want to write. I'm a little steamed right now, in case you hadn't noticed.

Thank goodness for the 14 day warranty... :rolleyes:

Darien Shields
8th August 2004, 06:13 PM
Aww, that's so lame Mr Pikachu. I guess I won't see ya on today. I hope you get a good computer soon. And don't be fulled by the allure of the type writer! It doesn't have AIM, or the internet, or backspace! You might as well get an Apple Mac. Heeheehee.

mr_pikachu
8th August 2004, 07:20 PM
I just called Circuit City, the store I got the comp from. If you plan on calling for any sort of customer service, ever, stay as far away from Circuit City as you can get. First, the store I bought my machine from wasn't listed in the phone book. So I called another location. After spending five minutes trying to figure out the system to get to a human, I finally found one and asked for the number of the store I bought the comp from. She gave it to me. That was the only part of today that has gone even remotely close to well for me.

Next, I called the second number. I spent another ten minutes trying to figure out that recording's maze, before finally reaching customer service. But they merely gave me yet another number to call for technical support.

I called the third number after spending fifteen minutes praying that someone would be able to help me. It only took five minutes for me to reach yet another recording that told me that business hours were over. I broke the phone in half, became athiestic, and plan to burn all Circuit City shops in the U.S. to the ground.

(Note: The majority of the last paragraph was a semi-joke, and is met to be taken as one. There is no need to call the National Guard. I think.)

So now I have to wait until tomorrow to even find out what the problem is with my system. (We don't know if it's the monitor or the computer itself.) I plan to calculate pi with an abacus while I wait. After all, technology is a piece of [insert preferred expletive here. Heck, insert about twelve of them, if you like].

I'm still considering the typewriter. For that matter, I might go out of my mind and buy an iMac. That's how upset I am over the general mess of technology.

If you'll excuse me, I need to scratch some obscure drawings on the wall of my cave.

mr_pikachu
9th August 2004, 05:13 PM
Good news: I exchanged for a new comp at Circuit City, and this one works. Plus, I've got the internet set up. In fact, I'm on the new machine right now! :D

Bad news: This computer... doesn't have Microsoft Word. :eek: (El gaspo!) All of my fanfic files are on Word, which means that I need to get it on my computer if I want to continue properly. *sobs*

Hey, why am I the only one talking in this thread? C'mon, guys! Let's see some chatter! :yes:

I guess I'll kick us off (again)... what shows do you all enjoy watching? I watch pretty much whatever's on WB in the same block as Pokemon, but I don't watch any of their other shows. I also find the many Law and Order series fascinating, as well as CSI and Crossing Jordan. Can you tell I'm a big criminal investigation fan? ;)

Darien Shields
9th August 2004, 05:28 PM
Once more I urge you to download Open Office (http://www.openoffice.org/). It's free, for one thing. You may need to save your fics in a more universal format to transfer them (Open Office itself uses dot sxw as its primary means of backup.) On the downside, if you're sending files, I don't think Word reads sxw, so until everyone else gets Open Office you'll need to save in another format to send things.

Also: Get on AIM! And if you don't have the AIM client, get Trillian (http://ceruleanstudios.com/). It does AIM, MSN, Y!, ICQ and IRC. Plus the company is located in the home of Misty! Just kidding. It's free too (well, there's a free version and a pay version.) I use it and it rocks.

I do enjoy CSI, but I don't make a habit of watching it these days. However, when I did, I remember getting really annoyed; I would see the adverts and eagrely awate it coming on in the evening. Then I'd be using the computer and hear something starting. I'd watch it for about ten or fifteen minutes before realising it was something that I really hated... I eventually discovered that they were showing CSI and "Law and Order" back to back, and I loathe L&O. It's just... Blech.

I watch a lot these days, a lot of Anime like Big O, but also some comedy, like "Men Behaving Badly" (which is British, so you probably won't have heard of it) or Ultimate Muscle, which is a bit of both (Anime and Commedy)

classy_cat18
9th August 2004, 07:52 PM
TV for me? The Adult Swim block on CN weeknights and Saturdays. Especially Wolf's Rain. I like wolves. *remembers that her username is classy_cat18* I love anime, so I also like to catch the Anime Unleashed hour every night on G4TechTV. Speaking of that channel, I like to watch XPlay on there so I can have some good idea on what game to want when I get enough money for it.

What else? Oh yeah, The Fresh Prince of Bel-air. Will Smith's freshest years caught on television.

Pig on the Wing
10th August 2004, 06:21 AM
good to hear your dogs recovered mr_pikachu, and hopefully your new comp. won't screw around too much either. Damn technology...

meh, music wise, listen to: Nirvana, Guns 'n' Roses, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Iron Maiden, Velvet Revolver, Crowded House and Queen.

I usually watch:
My Family, The Simpsons, Only Fools And Horses, Futurama and any Monty Python sketches.

Gavin Luper
11th August 2004, 04:01 AM
TV shows? I'd say Friends, Alias, Kath and Kim, All Saints (sad but true, it's got me hooked ever since I did a school assignment on it) and The Footy Show. Oh, and the Simpsons when I catch it.

Cheers!

PancaKe
11th August 2004, 08:14 AM
^.^ It's been ages since I posted due to God, work, socializing, and sleep. :D but I'm here, so dont panic dont panic!

Um... I'm actually working on a new fic for anyone who cares, it's somehting that's sort of acting as my recovery of a severe writers block. And its non pokemon for those of u who are still caring.

TV shows? Um, I dont watch TV. Most I watch is Simpsons now during dinner. And maybe a bit of Aus Idol here and htere. But like, im tlaking one episode in like, 3 weeks?

Suite Madame Blue
12th August 2004, 12:08 AM
m_p, glad to hear about your dog. Good luck with your comp problems.

Music I listen to: Aerosmith, Tom Petty, assorted 80's, Aerosmith, Enya, Zeppelin, Beatles, and Aerosmith. No, I don't have a one-track mind, why do you ask?

TV: Whose Line is it Anyway?, Law & Order, Boston Law (spinoff of The Practice), ER, West Wing, some reality TV, and the Stargates. Of course, for the next 2 weeks it'll be the Olympics. I love Tivo!

To branch out the discussion, will you be watching the Olympics? For US residents, what do you think about the people who say we shouldn't compete if we don't have a chance to win?

mistysakura
12th August 2004, 02:15 AM
Yeah, I'll be watching the Olympics. I'm particularly interested in artistic and rhythmic gymnastics, and diving. I'm not sure if Australian TV channels will be showing rhythmic gymnastics though. As to the US people, although I'm not American, I think that that's not the point of sport, and if people who thought they didn't have a chance to win never competed, the Olympics would be awfully boring.

PancaKe
12th August 2004, 07:37 AM
TV: Whose Line is it Anyway?, Law & Order, Boston Law (spinoff of The Practice), ER, West Wing, some reality TV, and the Stargates. Of course, for the next 2 weeks it'll be the Olympics. I love Tivo!

To branch out the discussion, will you be watching the Olympics? For US residents, what do you think about the people who say we shouldn't compete if we don't have a chance to win?

Damn I love Whose line. It's the best show ever! (bit of an addict). I only watch taped episodes tho cuz i dont have cable.

I'm not gonna watch the olympics. My work is sponsoring them but I really couldnt care that much. I kno I probably sound weird but hey, everybody has their own interests.

mr_pikachu
12th August 2004, 02:49 PM

I'll be watching the Olympics as much as I can. And people say we don't have a chance to win? Even if that was true, all you have to do is look back to the last World Cup. The US has been pitiful year after year in soccer, but somehow we made it to the quarterfinals in the biggest soccer tournament in the world. No one thought that we had a chance to win that, either.

Darien Shields
12th August 2004, 04:17 PM
When havins a discussion with my brother some years ago about the constant drug scandals at the olympics, he sparked upon an excellent idea. Instead of stopping anyone from having drugs, everyone should be pumped full of as many drugs as is humanly possible! Get that two minute mile! Who cares if they die- they die winners! And there's no possibillity that anyone will have an unfair advantage!

classy_cat18
12th August 2004, 04:33 PM
When havins a discussion with my brother some years ago about the constant drug scandals at the olympics, he sparked upon an excellent idea. Instead of stopping anyone from having drugs, everyone should be pumped full of as many drugs as is humanly possible! Get that two minute mile! Who cares if they die- they die winners! And there's no possibillity that anyone will have an unfair advantage!

LOL! That's a great idea! Well, I'm going to cheer for Bermuda in behalf of my stepfamily even though they mainly be in the equestrian sports. And I'm cheering for USA during everything else, especially track & field. My cousin won a couple of gold metals in that event in 1984.

Chris 2.1
12th August 2004, 04:37 PM
I find performing Athletics much much MUCH better than watching them. I do 100M for my country, I was beaten by some small guy :( But I also do long and high jumps - im tall, you see. Anywho, you get that rush of 'WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!' when you run, but not when you watch, so meh, I mightn't watch.

That swimmer dude...Ian Thorpe, he has Size 17 feet :-|

mr_pikachu
12th August 2004, 06:15 PM
And I'm cheering for USA during everything else, especially track & field. My cousin won a couple of gold metals in that event in 1984.

You don't mean in the Olympics, do you? If you do... then I'm scared. :scared:

And I used to do track & field as well as cross country racing, but I stopped after sixth grade, I believe. I just had too much going on then to deal with the training. :(

btw, Darien... that's the most insane, yet realistic idea I've ever heard. :eek: But how would that help people who participate in speedwalking? (Yes, that is an event.) Should we pump them full of drugs needlessly?

Suite Madame Blue
13th August 2004, 09:40 AM
btw, Darien... that's the most insane, yet realistic idea I've ever heard. :eek: But how would that help people who participate in speedwalking? (Yes, that is an event.) Should we pump them full of drugs needlessly?
Gotta agree with Darien and m_p! Insane, realistic...and hysterical. :laugh: Speedwalking is a non-issue. Think about horse races where the horse has to trot and is disqualified if it breaks into a run. They can just stipulate in the rules that participants cannot break into a jog, which they probably already do. That would be damn funny to see drugged-up speedwalkers trying to restrain themselves.

As for the US participating, absolutely we should! It's more about sportsmanship than winning - the medals are just icing on the cake. I'm so sick of hearing all these whiners who say there's no point in going. You just know they've never really tried at anything they did.

achooxp
13th August 2004, 01:20 PM
Warning: the study of the Japanese language is hazardous for your health!

Yesterday was my takehome midterm for Japanese 103, so I sucked it up and did all the studying that I hadn't really been doing. After approximately 12 hours of studying, I sat down and took the exam like an honest boy, no cheating, in an hour. At 3AM, utterly exhausted of that foolish language (Korean is obviously much superior :P), I slept. I woke up at 6:30AM to study, but aha, here's the rub. CRACK went my neck, as I reached over to turn off the alarm. "Ouch!" said I, in response to my inability to put my neck back in its normal place.

I went to class today just to take the listening part of the exam and left for the Student Health Care Center for the first time ever. Thank God I don't have a misplaced disk. It's a cerebral/cervial (something) muscle spasm and I'm supposed to take muscle relaxers, take hot hot hot showers, use heat packs almost constantly, and take IB Profin every 8 hours with food. These said muscle relaxers also hamper one's abilitiy to speak. 昨日はあたたかくなかた、anyone? (add a mini “つ“ between the last two characters, because I can't figure out how to do it.) Romanized that says umm...

Kinowa atatakakunakatta; silly language it is.

mr_pikachu
13th August 2004, 02:05 PM
Sorry about your neck. I pop mine about every 10 minutes, and I know it'll probably break someday. Ah well. We can't have everything, now can we?

I think you'll like this website if you take Japanese. It's worth seeing even if you don't, because I had a fit of laughter with it (and the closest thing I've taken is a year of Spanish).

http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~thoureau/japanese.html

I guarantee you'll love it. :yes:

Oh, btw...

Does that word evolve into Beedrill? (I never realized you could make English Pokemon names with Japanese words...)

Suite Madame Blue
13th August 2004, 11:23 PM
And Hakuna Matata to you too, DE! :nut: Heh, I think I'll stick with Spanish. Hope your neck gets better.

mistysakura
14th August 2004, 05:18 AM
huh? Yesterday wasn't warm? Hmm, that doesn't make sense... must be another definition of atatakai that I don't lknow. Anyway, I like Japanese, I'll be taking it as my language for years 11&12.

Hope your neck gets better.

classy_cat18
14th August 2004, 08:05 AM
Does that word evolve into Beedrill? (I never realized you could make English Pokemon names with Japanese words...)

Lots of English Pokemon names come from their Japanese counterparts. Like Heracross comes from Herakurosu (sp?). I don't know what it means.

You don't mean in the Olympics, do you? If you do... then I'm scared.

Yeah, I do. Alonzo Babers, gold medal winner of the 400m and 4x400m (or one of them) race. He's related to the Gholston family, and that makes him my cousin.

Darien Shields
14th August 2004, 05:47 PM
Heracross = Heracles + Cross.
There are lots of beetles named after mythical brutes, the goliath for instance, I expect there is one named the Heracles. If not, then the reasoning behind this name is clear; the beatle possessed Herculean Strength, thus Heracles (the greek spelling of the hero's name, which was later adopted by the romans who called him "Hercules".)
As for Cross... is his horn crossed? Maybe he's just cross as in angry. I dunno.

But anyway, "Kakuna" means "Cocoon" roughly. Since the japanese use a phonetica alphabet they can't just throw in a "c" a couple "o"s and an "n", they have to go for "Ka", "Ku" and "Na". However, it might be pronounced as "Cacoon" or something similar. The same is true for Heracross. I think a lot of pokemon sites list things like this with figured out names rather than the phonetic ones. Check pokemon forever, I think it lists Kakuna's japanese name as Cocoon.

Humm humm, super athlete you say? Are you related genetically or by marriage?

classy_cat18
16th August 2004, 05:27 AM
But Heracross's Japanese name is Herakurosu. I checked it out on serebii.net.

Humm humm, super athlete you say? Are you related genetically or by marriage?

Genetically. He's my third cousin. Had to ask my mom about that one. She knows the family a lot better than me.

Darien Shields
16th August 2004, 02:22 PM
But Heracross's Japanese name is Herakurosu. I checked it out on serebii.net.

>_<

His Japanese name is Heracross, the Japanese just can't spell Heracross because they have a phonetic alphabet. For instance "Aisu Kurimu" means "Ice Cream", (it is pronounced similarly), and is adopted directly from english. They can't write "Cross" because of the double constenants... The kana just don't add up.

In future check Pokemon Forever (http://pokefor.tk) which is a much better site, and lists the names as what they're supposed to be, in this case "Heracros".

Booya.

P.S. You had the 100th reply! Woo!

dratinihaunter13
17th August 2004, 10:46 AM
hey everybody. my big news is the three day road trip i'm taking to tucson arizona by myself. i start off in kansas city, drive 6 hrs to oklahoma city, sleep, 8-9 hrs to albuquerque next day, sleep, 7-8 hrs to tucson next day. On paper, there's no way i could have the patience for this! hopefully i can find a way to pull it out. wish me luck.. and that i don't get carjacked kidnapped or fall asleep at the wheel :(. this is gonna suck.

achooxp
17th August 2004, 08:56 PM
hey everybody. my big news is the three day road trip i'm taking to tucson arizona by myself. i start off in kansas city, drive 6 hrs to oklahoma city, sleep, 8-9 hrs to albuquerque next day, sleep, 7-8 hrs to tucson next day. On paper, there's no way i could have the patience for this! hopefully i can find a way to pull it out. wish me luck.. and that i don't get carjacked kidnapped or fall asleep at the wheel :(. this is gonna suck.

That's crazy far. That's longer than it would take to drive from NJ to Chicago, and I think the distance is so bad that I buy plane tix. I also don't have a car, but that's insignificant. You crazy man.

Suite Madame Blue
18th August 2004, 12:05 AM
Hey, drive safe dh13! Road trips is fun. Hope you're staying long enough in Tucson to justify the drive. Stock up on no-doze and red bull before you go, and bring plenty of loud, obnoxious music for the drive - that mellow stuff will put you to sleep. As far as carjacking, ummm...make sure your insurance is up to date, and wear your cell phone at all times. Sorry, that's the best I can think of. Have lots of fun, and we'll see you when you get back.

PancaKe
18th August 2004, 01:25 AM
Why r u going by yourself? Why go that far alone? That would be so lonley! I couldn't do it alone just because I'd get bored and lonley. :D

Gavin Luper
18th August 2004, 05:36 AM
Whoa that's a loooong way. Have fun DH, driving through the middle of nowhere (is it the middle of nowhere? Isn't Kansas a dust bowl?) ... drive safe, don't drink and drive, dial before you dig ... etc ... oh, and don't give a lift to people with hatchets in their back pocket ;)

Nah, enjoy yourself ... bon voyage!

Darien Shields
18th August 2004, 06:10 AM
Long, boring, lonely drives are often subject to alien abduction. Keep a keen eye on your watch for misssing time! (It's most likely to happen at night though, so you ought to be safe driving during the day.)

*yawn* Urk, I feel terrible. I've got School next week so I'm trying to get back to a normal sleep cycle, so I set an alarm clock up to go off at 10... only problem was that I went to bed at five in the morning, not midnight. On the bright side I got a lot of writing done during the night.

PS100
18th August 2004, 08:18 AM
Isn't Kansas a dust bowl?)

I thought Kansas City was in Missouri? Kansas is east of the Mississippi, and Missouri's west, and he's driving west... So he isn't gonna touch Kansas.Though by all means he will be driving through the middle of nowhere. :nut:

Good luck, DH13. I find it hard enough to drive 3 hours with other people. I can't imagine how bad it's gonna be driving 3 days with nobody. Drive safe.

PS

Gavin Luper
20th August 2004, 07:45 AM
Damn Americans. What other country would have "Kansas City" somewhere other than Kansas? It doesn't make any sense!

In other news ... ummm ... I started writing today. Hooray. And nothing else happened. At all. :( For those who are thinking What the Hell, I'm really REALLY tired right now.

Cheers!

Chris 2.1
20th August 2004, 08:07 AM
I think I'll jus tell you all what I'm doing :-/

Well atm it's the summer holidays. All my mates get to go abroad and away and get nice and tanned, but we can't go away because my Gran's just died. My grandad never did any cooking, cleaning, made beds or anything, so now Gran's passed away, we need to sort of re-educate Grandad on how to use a microwave and make a bed etc all.

So anyway, my best mate FINALLY gets home, only to tell me he's seeing his gf like ALL THE TIME cos he's missed her 'like hell' since he's been gone. So I'm just writing. I'm writing Lucky Charms atm, finishing up Ch4, seeing as I like to keep on top of my chapters. MR's nearly finished, so between MR Chappies I write LC ones. It's weird....

ANYWAY I'm currently talking to Ozandrew on MSN, thats usually funny, exchanging fic ideas and making me laugh etc all. And feeding my dog while eating myself. (Not ACTUALLY eating myself, but myself is eating...)

achooxp
20th August 2004, 12:37 PM
For those who care, *looks around frantically, finding nobody* :sweat4:, I AM FINISHED WITH THAT DAMNED JAPANESE CLASS AS OF TODAY! True, I probably failed the final, but but but... :rolleyes2: In respect for my dead GPA, I wore all black to class today. :P

I still really like smilies. Yay for having a semilife and NO HOMEWORK! It's time to party in Chicago! ^__^ It ain't no New York though... but wait! Oh! 2 weeks of home beckons! NY will be ravaged too! Muahahahahaha.

And to think, I was starting to feel old this summer.

PancaKe
22nd August 2004, 07:30 AM
I miss summer. Here i am, suffering in winter. :(

Anyway - good things first: I saved up my money and bought a PS2 - finally So now I've got a PS2 with singstar. i'm saving up and I'm going to get DDR on it as well. [I'm the latest ddr addict]

Bad news: i'm tired.
and I hate work experience.
mine is really screwey. First the guy thats organizing it took stress leave for three weeks, durin my work ex, and left it unfinished. then next mum goes im not allowed to go to one of the places because its too far away something like that so im like bleh now.

yeah

im so stresed out its eatn away at me.

Suite Madame Blue
23rd August 2004, 09:45 AM
PancaKe: Man, if only we all had mothers to say, "Your commute's too far, you can't work there, find someplace closer." Have you tried talking to your mom about her reasons? She may be just responding to the fact that the guy took stress leave, and nothing's organized. Good luck.

Congratulations on your new PS2 though! :D Try de-stressing a little with that, but don't overdo it.

DE: YAY! No classes! Chicago & NY won't be the same after you get through tearin' it up. :dance: :beer: :dance: :dance: Have a margarita for me!

Pig on the Wing
23rd August 2004, 04:48 PM
mwa ha ha, still another two weeks before I go back to school :D

anyways, two things of slight importance to me, so fear me:

1) My band's changed slightly and we're now in search of a bass player. We also got turned down by all the record labels on account of we're too young. Our music sucked really, I know the truth...

2) I'm going away camping in Worcstershire (sp?) tomorrow, to go and walk the Malvern hills, yay! Away till Friday, c'ya all then I guess... :wave:

Darien Shields
23rd August 2004, 05:15 PM
I went back to school today too. Damn you S19! Damn the English! They've got yonks yet too, because they only got out a few weeks ago.

BTW, Transformers for the PS2, Brilliant. I got a PS2 in Japan a few years ago, and had a nightmare chipping it. Hardly played anything, until I got FF X, then the disc broke, and I didn't use it again for ages. But Transformers has shown me the way ^_^. Although I have loads of good games for the Cube.

Does anyone here have a Live Journal? I got mind in summer, and it's been a lot of fun, you should all get 'em. I'm http://www.livejournal.com/users/tdarien_shields/ BTW, if anyone's interested. It's preeetty long though. See, I like to talk.

dratinihaunter13
23rd August 2004, 05:52 PM
ack, finally.

thanks for all the tips and well-wishing everybody, and before i get to why i'm so late, some clarification on kansas city.

Kansas City is partly in Kansas and partly in Missouri. I live in Kansas City, Kansas, so I did not have to touch Missouri. Most of Kansas is farmland, but I don't think we've been called a Dust Bowl since the 30's or something :sweat4: . Kansas City can be a very active town.

Went south through Wichita to oklahoma city and I was gonna overnight there. I made it, feeling pretty good, but on the way into the city my fifth gear started popping out of place, me driving stick. So i have to hold it there til my arm goes numb, in which case i stop, regain feeling, then hold it there again for as many miles as possible. by the time i get to the hotel i think the problem's gone away. So i get up the next morning and leave to Albuquerque, New Mexico. Car's working great, I'm working great, man this wasn't so bad after all. New Mexico's speed limit is 75 so i decide i'm gonna gun it from the texas border to albuquerque. car didn't like that idea. The fifth just stops working entirely and my car breaks down. I get it to, of all places, Tucumcari New Mexico. ever heard of it? ME NEITHER. luckily they have a ford dealer there who i leave my car with. i cancel the hotel in albuquerque and get a night in tucumcari. Penny from the dealership says they will have to order a part and the soonest they can get it is in 2 days (friday). so i get another night at the tucumcari hotel. left my car in the parking lot, and that afternoon tucumcari decided to have a hail storm. good thing i had a window in the hotel looking onto my car so i could see the spheres of rock hard ice striking my blue paint job. i check the next morning, no serious damage, but still i politely ask life to leave me alone already.

i'm ready to check out friday morning (after i don't know how many hours of watching tv in the hotel room and being more bored than you could imagine) and complete this challenge of a drive, but penny calls and tells me that morning, "listen martin, we uh, ordered the wrong part for your car, soooo it's not gonna be ready til monday." "but i start school on monday, i have to be in tucson on monday." "well, i suggest you find a way to get there then."

i proudly tried to be polite and got a ride to tucumcari's greyhound station, leaving my car there for my dad to pick up sometime later (i already paid parking for the university campus, btw, so that's wasted). great, college without a car, again. the bus station isn't so much a station as it is a desk with four thin walls around it and four chairs outside. i find a bus to tucson and ride with some wily kids and interesting weirdos. i get to tucson but whoops! my bags didn't make the trip! i slap myself, cuz i should have seen this coming really. i mean, why not, ya know. i'm surprised the bus didn't break down. my bags eventually came later and after my first day of classes i'm already exhausted, but at least in good health. THE END.

oh, and i can't find my wires for computer/internet in my dorm, so it might be a while til i'm posting again. gotta find those wires. good luck to everybody starting school, bring home some good grades for the folks ;).

mr_pikachu
24th August 2004, 10:54 PM
Damn Americans. What other country would have "Kansas City" somewhere other than Kansas? It doesn't make any sense!

The same people who have a Miami in both Florida and Oklahoma. You learn to live with it. :sweat2:

And dh13, sorry about your trip. That wasn't what you were hoping for, I'm sure. I hope the next one (if there is a next one) goes better. And good luck in school! I'm in college too, now... we'll see if I can struggle through it! :eek:

btw, how was Oklahoma? Did you even get to it? Who knows, maybe I saw you driving your car by... obviously, I live in Oklahoma. Apparantly we live somewhat close. We Central-US guys have to stick together! :yes:

So... is your car still in that ghost town, or has your dad picked it up yet? If he hasn't, when is he planning to, if at all?

P.S. Sorry about your dorm room, too. I had a similar problem when I plugged a regular phone cord into my computer. >_> But anyway, hope things start going better for you! :wave:

dratinihaunter13
25th August 2004, 04:06 AM
I did get all the way through oklahoma mr. pika, and it was very nice ^_^. midwest baby. my dad's picking the car up today, then bringing back to kansas. i'll just have it for next semester in college. bummer though =(. My computer's hooked up and everything now (after i bought stuff >_<) so that's good, and now i gotta worry about the whole education thing. still, things are starting to flow a little better again, thanks.

and sorry bout the stress mist. these things tend to happen and waves ya know, just ride the rough ones and set yourself up for good breaks, like saving for the ddr. thank goodness for ddr ;).

Suite Madame Blue
26th August 2004, 01:01 AM
Sorry to hear about your car, dh13, but I'm glad you got there safely. Good luck this semester. Remember, the library is your friend, especially when your neighbors start partying Thursday afternoon.

Darien Shields
26th August 2004, 10:38 AM
While Americans have their crazy city thing, we have crazy street and road things. Prime example, Oxford Street (which Brits will know from Monopoly) is in London, not Oxford. In my town we have a street named after the neighbouring city... and when it goes into the neighbouring city the name changes to the name of our town!

So, DH13, you didn't say, meet your future wife in Tucumcari? I've heard lots of stories in movies of terrible luck that landed people in bad situations- where they met the love of their life, or made their fortune etc. etc. I guess that this is just one of those bad events though, huh? ^_^;;

Chris 2.1
26th August 2004, 10:45 AM
Oh man, what a day...

I broke my middle toe after kicking a door 0_o;;

I'm confined to the insides, and even then walking around's somewhat of a chore. So I have Radio1 on, my word document open, and am indulging in some writing, dreading Sept 3rd - when I go back to school -_-;;

dratinihaunter13
26th August 2004, 12:31 PM
well there was this girl working at the town Denny's i kind of hit it off with, but i got a girlfriend who wouldn't be pleased if something happened >_<. Guess I'll always just wonder what if, lol.
and library might be a good idea this semester smb ^_^

ouch chris, were you pissed off and just kicking anything in sight? oh well. hopefully someone feels sorry for you and becomes your lackey, that'd be kinda nice ;)

Chris 2.1
26th August 2004, 02:37 PM
I found the LAST CAN OF PEPSI in the fridge, so, bloated on my sucess, opened it, and as I walked into the living room, was tackled by my Labrador puppy. The can went flying to the NEW CARPET, soaked within it, and my puppy chewed my ear. I ran to the kitchen and kicked the door ACCIDENTALLY -_-;;

mr_pikachu
26th August 2004, 08:59 PM
Been there before, Chris. I punch walls and furniture all the time on accident. I'm prone to those. :lol: I haven't broken anything, though... yet.

And Darien, we have weird street things, too. In just about every city I've been in (including my hometwon), there's both a Harvard and a Yale street. And I'm not even going to go into our big mall intersections... there was a study done awhile back, and my city had two of the ten worst intersections in the entire COUNTRY. That's just scary. :eek:

Suite Madame Blue
27th August 2004, 10:02 AM
Try living in a small town where streets stop at fields, then start up again 3 blocks later. Roads in general are aligned weird: a lot of the older ones have 45-degree intersections. The old highway is known as either the Redmond-Bend Highway or the Bend-Redmond Highway, depending on where you live. We have 2 Reindeer Courts, which shows lack of planning more than anything else, but it's still damn annoying. My favorite: I can start driving up Antler Ave. into town, and because of a geographical feature, the road S-curves, and I end up 1 block over on Black Butte Ave.

Oakbark
27th August 2004, 05:11 PM
Hey all, my name's Damien, haven't posted here before, but....meh! Guess i haven't had enough internet time!

What kind of weird-ish things do people do? I've began a dream diary in the last few weeks, writing down as much of my dreams as possible the day after i dream them. It's good fun, and when i look back i even forget half the things i wrote down! You people should try it.

I was in my last year of secondary school (same as high school) last term, and was about to sit my exams which would help me bag a college course. However, i got real sick midway through and because of the dozy irish education system, i have to repeat a full year to sit the same exams. I'm really annoyed about going back as i'll have no friends with me. Oh well.

I'll be backagain some time, this place is fun!

Damien.

The Blue Avenger
27th August 2004, 07:04 PM
Hello, all. I guess since Damien up there is introducing himself, I do so as well. I'm Jeff, I'm a video game-a-holic, and I like writing when it's not for school.

And Damien, as far as weird things go, I can top that: my friends and I had a lengthy discussion over Bob Dole today at lunch because of a Simpsons quote. It was fun, though. Heh.

mr_pikachu
27th August 2004, 11:31 PM
What kind of weird-ish things do people do?

I play chess. Competitively. In tournaments. I've won a state championship. Enough said.

(Note: In case you didn't understand my point, I'm weird. Really, really weird. And yes, I do play chess in tournaments, etc, etc.)

And yeah, school writing is terrible. Especially when it's reports. Ugh. I love just creating my own thing, and writing it for fun. Take one guess where I do that. If you don't get it in one try, you're really, really dense. No offense to anyone who doesn't know... but yeah. :lol:

I also debate political and socialistic topics for fun, and I participate in martial arts when I'm not doing those things. Combined with my college schedule, it makes for a really hectic lifestyle. :P But it works for me.

mistysakura
28th August 2004, 04:49 AM
Okay, what weird stuff do I do? Let's see... I'm considered by some to be a maths freak, and currently I'm going to these selective maths enrichment class thingies and for some reason I'm the only girl there. What else? I compose music, or at least attempt to, and I get frustrated because half the stuff in my head never makes it onto the piano, and once I try to put something on the piano the inspiration is gone.

By the way, I used to play chess in inter-school tournaments, but this year I decided I couldn't be bothered because they had better people anyway (I mean, our school's A team usually wins the national girls' title, or at least gets pretty close to it, so yeah.)

PancaKe
31st August 2004, 11:38 PM
^.^ What weird things do I do?

My clothes are so weird. I went down to the shops, wearing my black pants, and a red T-shirt, but I wore this long shin-length white petticoat/skirt thing over it. ^.^ people thought I was a freak. But I liked what I wore.

Hmm.... most of the things I do are weird so you know... not enough room to write em all.

mr_pikachu
1st September 2004, 12:09 AM
^.^ What weird things do I do?

My clothes are so weird. I went down to the shops, wearing my black pants, and a red T-shirt, but I wore this long shin-length white petticoat/skirt thing over it. ^.^ people thought I was a freak. But I liked what I wore.

Hmm.... most of the things I do are weird so you know... not enough room to write em all.

You think that's a weird outfit to wear in public? Ha! I can top that easily! In fact, I already have!

A few weeks ago a friend and I went to a play at the local theater (which is a really nice place, actually. It has the feel of a broadway stage, to be honest). My friend wore a full suit and tux, which frankly was a bit overdressed.

And then there's me.

I came in wearing a T-shirt, blue jean shorts, and sandals. Yes, sandals. People kind of gawked at me, but I was comfortable. Plus, I couldn't find any fancy stuff to wear, anyway!

So, yeah. I think my poor fashion trumps your poor fashion. ;)

classy_cat18
1st September 2004, 08:20 AM
Neither of you can top my weirdness. Okay, this was when I was about eleven or twelve years old. My mom gave me this new outfit to take with me when I visited my dad. I thought it looked cute so I wore it every chance I got. Turned out that it was my new pajamas. So I am the queen of bad fashion! Hahaha!

What other weird things do I do? Does playing nothing but Paper Mario and Animal Crossing count as weird?

PancaKe
2nd September 2004, 07:58 AM
lol!

Dont u just love the twist at the end?

I have a story like that.

At work I was about to start stacking the fridge at the chicken shop i work in. So I turned around to do something at drive thru window, and behind me saw the fridge door open and someone go in. I thought it was my mate so I turned around and yelled out "who's in my fridge?".

then out walked my manager.

^^;;; bit of an oopsie there.

Suite Madame Blue
3rd September 2004, 10:18 AM
Neither of you can top my weirdness. Okay, this was when I was about eleven or twelve years old. My mom gave me this new outfit to take with me when I visited my dad. I thought it looked cute so I wore it every chance I got. Turned out that it was my new pajamas. So I am the queen of bad fashion! Hahaha!
Heh, all summer long, I've seen teenage girls wearing their flannel pajama bottoms in public. So you could consider yourself a trendsetter. :D

My weirdness: well, I'm 36 and posting on a Pokemon site. What more do you want? :lol:

PancaKe
4th September 2004, 07:47 AM
My weirdness: well, I'm 36 and posting on a Pokemon site. What more do you want? :lol:

If you can top that - I'll give you a muffin.

Iveechan
4th September 2004, 09:23 AM
Weird.

I draw pregnant Pokemon and pregnancy in general really interests me and I find Hitmonchan to be soooo cool. And I am wearing turtle pants right now.

PancaKe
6th September 2004, 12:54 AM
Whats turtle pants?

mr_pikachu
6th September 2004, 01:10 AM
After spending far too much time on researching "turtle pants" (finding lesbian sites, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pajamas, and more than a few people strangely obsessed with turtles in the process), I have come to the conclusion that turtle pants are relaxed pants (sort of like pajamas) for women, with an elastic waistband. Judging from that information and the rest of Iveechan's post, I have deduced that they are essentially pants for pregnant women.

And now to the obvious question: Iveechan, why exactly were you wearing turtle pants?

(Next time on Smiley Town: The shocking truth about Iveechan is revealed! ;))

Iveechan
6th September 2004, 01:29 AM
Um... they are blue pants with green cartoon turtles on them o.o. And I wore them because they're comfy and I like turtles. Wow, you guys really look into stuff deeply, hyuck hyuck. The weird thing I did today was sleep. I have a night job (had a long weekend though), so my sleep schedule is weird anyway. But yesterday morning I went to sleep at around 10 am, then I was woken up at 4 something pm to go out. When we arrived at my gandparent's sometime in the evening, I slept there, we left at... I think 8 something... and then I slept again until it was almost 11 pm.

mr_pikachu
6th September 2004, 01:43 AM
Wow, you guys really look into stuff deeply, hyuck hyuck.

No, just me. I'm the weird one in Fanfic. >_>;; But yeah, I suppose that makes sense... and it makes me feel really dumb at the same time. *walks to a corner and twiddles thumbs. Yes, twiddles*

Anyway, to start another subject... who's better, John Kerry or George W. Bush?

*runs away from massive flame war*

(I don't really care for Kerry...)

*shrieks like a girl at the mass of Bush-haters stampeding after him*

Iveechan
6th September 2004, 02:07 AM
Neither. I vote for Hillary Clinton (I know, that's old). The cool thing about John Kerry and John Edwards is that they are John and John, like the singers of one of my favorite bands, They Might Be Giants (the John's there are Linnel and Flansburgh).

Darien Shields
6th September 2004, 02:31 AM
As long as it's not John Stuart- Eyarg! I hate that guy! He ruined Green Lanturn! Where was Kyle Rainer? Where was Hal Jordan?! I mean, woo, ethnic equality, but couldn't you have just found a black super man?! "Flying into the sun to recharge my super powers has tanned me to the degree of an ethnic gruop changing!" He has no damn personallity anyway. Kyle Rainer would be great, and it'd be cool to see Hal go crazy and kill everyone. Stuart doesn't even use the ring properly! He's supposed to make green things, like in a fight, he'd made a green sword or a green anvil, or a green horse, etc. etc. Instead he just makes green circles, green beams and green rectangles. In like, the last episode he makes an axe and a giant drill. That's all. Wuss.

Oh, I'm talking about the Justice League cartoon, BTW.

PancaKe
6th September 2004, 04:25 AM
Lol. ^.^

So thats what turtle pants are..

Hmm...

I once watched justice league. my brother loved that. But then again, my brother loves cartoons so you know *shrugs* thats what 6 year olds love i guess.

Chris 2.1
8th September 2004, 02:52 PM
Ok, how much is Y11 SO RUBBISH at Secondary School? (UK)

I've been back three days, and I already have 2 English Courseworks due in NOW, French and Maths coursework on the horizon, my next Art Project looming into view, and Tech and Drama Homework to be in next week.

ARGH!

They really don't waste any time. Some of my GCSE Exams are in March :scared:

AND my school's in the Shakespeare Schools Festival - its like 300 schools in the UK performing shakespeare everywhere. Our school's doing Hamlet and I'm Hamlet ^^ I have a rehearsel for 2hrs every night though -_-;

Also, Friday night's devoted to a heated discussion. In the red corner, "disco" Phil Ferneux (pronounced ferno) - the head of the Science Department. In the blue corner, my parents and myself. The Problem? I am now moved from the top set (1/7) into the bottom set (7/7) because I was ONE MARK off an A! So we're trying to get me back into the set, seeing as the ONE EXAM that was important was the one I sucked at -_-;. All through practise papers I got A's and A*'s, but I got B so I got moved! They didn't look at any of my grades during Y10 so we need to sort this out.

Oh wait, this is TPM? Not LJ? Meh LJ is sorta like, meh. You all NEEDED to hear that.

The Blue Avenger
8th September 2004, 06:06 PM
...one of my favorite bands, They Might Be Giants...

I love TMBG too, but granted, I don't know a lot about them. My favorite is a three-way tie between Experimental Film, John Lee Supertaster, and the Meridian Theme. I am also fond of Prevenge. I should be getting a disc of all of their songs in about a month, I think.

achooxp
8th September 2004, 08:47 PM
Whee life's been fun lately. ^^

'cept for my parents telling me, as soon as I met them at the airport, how I gained weight and need to get skinny. And you thought that only happened to girls, heh.

Well, tennis in the form of the US Open has been totally eating up my time lately. I went twice and had a blast, and ate a French restaurant to boot. I also managed to get a twice a week tennis-coaching job for two weeks which gives me a little spending money.

And so... from tennis came my new CD- the soundtrack to Garden State. It so rocks. You should all go get it and get some Jersey love.

In other news, I've started to write a fic of sorts. Encourage me here to finish it before the 27th because once college starts up again, writing will, inevitably stop as well.

I'm still waiting for the encouragment guys. :angry:

Suite Madame Blue
9th September 2004, 11:59 AM
Go DE! Write that fic! YAY! You know I'll read it. Weight gain is common from the dorm food they serve. Or all the pizzas and convenience foods you eat. It's hard to eat healthy in college!

Chris: Bummer about your Science situation. Hopefully the school comes around. Bring plenty of documentation to back up your case, just in case. On the lighter side, congratulations on being Hamlet. Break a leg!

Pig on the Wing
10th September 2004, 01:24 AM
*cheers for the fic and sets of a crowd*
WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE

rawr, anyways, back to school today, starting in Yr 10, so I'll have coursework rammed down my throat and the word 'GCSE's' screamed at me every 5 seconds. Ah joy.

PancaKe
10th September 2004, 07:29 AM
:) I have my trials for my year ten school certificate now. They're not fun at all.

And on top of that I'm trying to continue writing my "story". It's currently untitled... so I'm trying to name it. I'm thinking of naming it either "Zephyr" or "Apart From Them" but I'm not sure.

Gavin Luper
10th September 2004, 08:03 AM
Stealer! I had a story called Zephyr once ...

Then again I steal most of my fic ideas from you Tara, so yeah ... who cares? We'll call it even hey?

In other news, I've been fervently writing every chance i get, not just on my TPM fics but on some novels that I hope to publish sometime soon so yeah, I'm happy!

Cheers!

mr_pikachu
10th September 2004, 10:29 PM
On the lighter side, congratulations on being Hamlet. Break a leg!

Okay, why the heck do people always tell actors to "break a leg"? It seems kinda counter-intuitive to me. That is, if I'm right about what counter-intuitive means... -_-

You just know that someday an actor will go out onto the stage, grab a hammer (or some other blunt object), and break his or her leg. C'mon, you know it'll happen! Admit it!

I just finished my third week of college... the work is a challenge, but I love the environment. (The campus environment, I mean. Not the environment with clouds, and atmosphere and... stuff.) It's great, because I can see people when I want to see people, and I can be alone when I want to be alone.

My dog's doing a lot better now. We're weaning her off that medication that was making her lose her fur, and it's starting to grow back. She's a lot more active now, too. Her numbers are staying where we want them to, so that's a major plus. I'm just happy that she's okay. ^_^

EDIT: Gavin, when I first read your post, I thought it said, "...just not on my TPM fics..." I was preparing to scream at you and pull my hair out. You should know better than to place two words like those close to each other! It's evil! Eeeeevil!

:evil: <-Evil Gavin!

;)

classy_cat18
10th September 2004, 10:39 PM
Glad your dog's doing better, mr_pikachu. Hope I can keep saying the same thing about mine. Mom suspects that she's pregnant again. I don't know how that happened, I swear!

In other news, I'm transferring colleges. Birmingham-Southern's stressing me out too much, so I'm trying out Virginia College. Which is in Birmingham! They seem to have a pretty good Computer Animation program.

*goes to write some more*

Gavin Luper
10th September 2004, 10:52 PM
Haha ... sorry mr_pika! I'll try not to use those two words together ever again. Or will I? mwahaha :evil:

Good to hear that your dog is finally well on the road to recovery. What is the long term prognosis, do you know? Hopefully it's good ... keep us posted.

Anyways, I'm still struggling with the general bother of going to high school. I'm doing 6 TEE subjects, which is abysmally difficult (if that makes sense). But I am squeezing in time to have a life, fortunately. As for my writing, I think I got my mojo back ;) Woo hoo! More chapters!

Cheers everybody!

mistysakura
10th September 2004, 10:56 PM
mr_pika, glad your dog's doing better. College? Meh, not much stress at the moment since I'm still in Year 10 and they've stopped nagging us about year 11/12 subject choices. Exams coming up though.

Anyway, I'm going to Japan today! yay! I'll be there for 2 1/2 weeks, for an exchange/tour thing. Am currently procrastinating in my attempt to finish my review before I leave, because I'll have limited to no internet access there.

So, see ya guys, have fun!

Suite Madame Blue
10th September 2004, 10:57 PM
Okay, why the heck do people always tell actors to "break a leg"? It seems kinda counter-intuitive to me. That is, if I'm right about what counter-intuitive means... -_-
Ha! I can actually answer this one, because I've done a lot of stage-work myself. The phrase dates back to the earliest days of theater. The worst thing that could ever happen to an actor was to break a leg, because then he couldn't perform. So actors started saying it to each other to ward off such bad luck. Sort of, if you say it enough, it won't happen. It probably started off as somebody's twisted sense of humor, then went from there. See? TPM is educational too! :D

I'm so glad to hear your dog's doing better. That's great news. Give her a belly rub from me.

PancaKe
12th September 2004, 07:30 AM
So the whole break a leg thing is to jinx it so you dont break a leg...

hmmm...

next time someone goes on stage yell out "dont break your legs!" :P

Leon-IH
12th September 2004, 08:06 AM
Yay, pika's dog is better - no more worrying about having to console an angry hamlet..

On the down side, the dog is growing it's hair back - meaning it will be maulting in your carpet in no time :D

On the flip side, from a carpet cleaners point of view thats a very profitable thing.

I shall avoid continuing or maybe someone will throw pancakes at me.. doh, im running now.

PancaKe
12th September 2004, 08:17 AM
nobody will be throwing pancakes as long as I'm around... :mad2: I'll get my mod whacking stick onto them.

Pig on the Wing
12th September 2004, 12:54 PM
*throws a stack of pancakes at Leon-IH* :P

Anyways, good to hear your dog is better mr_pikachu.

*throws more pancakes*

mr_pikachu
12th September 2004, 03:03 PM
On the down side, the dog is growing it's hair back - meaning it will be maulting in your carpet in no time :D

Actually, she's a poodle, and poodles don't (normally) shed. She's only had that problem when she was on the heavy doses of that medication, because it made her lose her fur... do I need to explain this any further? :lol:

Mm... I'm hungry... I'll take one of those stacks of pancakes, if you don't mind. ;)

Suite Madame Blue
13th September 2004, 02:14 AM
So the whole break a leg thing is to jinx it so you dont break a leg...

hmmm...

next time someone goes on stage yell out "dont break your legs!" :P
:lol: On the drama superstition scale, that would probably rank just below saying Macbeth's name inside the theatre!

Mmmmmm, pancakes! Time for a midnight snack. Pass the syrup.

PancaKe
14th September 2004, 03:04 AM
*pulls out wacky stick*

just try me...

:oh:

Suite Madame Blue
14th September 2004, 08:51 AM
Hey, whack Snorlax! I'm just trying to help clean up the (delicious, buttery, syrupy) mess!

Pig on the Wing
14th September 2004, 01:49 PM
*points gun at stack of pancakes*

that whacking stick comes any closer and i'll do it! Just watch me, I'll do it I tells ya!

Leon-IH
14th September 2004, 09:02 PM
Aww darnit, I really wanted those pancakes.. bloody Murphy's law has attacked me, for the second time in 8 minutes..

*steals all the pancakes*

I DO NOT FEAR BROOMS, though Mod sticks might hurt more.. I don't know! (and i'm not about to find out)

PancaKe
15th September 2004, 06:44 AM
tee hee hee... u dont even wanna know what my mod whacky stick can do.

^.^

The Blue Avenger
15th September 2004, 06:14 PM
Is that anything like one of Mallow's Froggie Sticks in Super Mario RPG?

PancaKe
16th September 2004, 02:33 AM
What the heck is a Mallow Froggie Stick?

Leon-IH
16th September 2004, 05:46 AM
I think it's time to run for either Cover, or an ADMIN wacky stick :)

Or maybe just write something, my hand still isn't better meaning I can't write my damn story which is making me freakin ANGRY!

This seems to have degenerated into a massive sticky situation (bad joke eh?) so i'm going to say something stupid.

My holidays start on saturday WHOO

The Blue Avenger
16th September 2004, 07:06 AM
Congrats, and I recommend that Pancake play Super Mario RPG.

Suite Madame Blue
16th September 2004, 11:54 PM
This thread is getting more and more wacky. :looney:

I'm looking forward to this weekend: ZZ Top is playing in Bend tomorrow night, so I get to go and celebrate my birthday a couple days early. Bend is also having its first ever film festival, so that ought to be interesting. Anybody else have weekend plans?

mr_pikachu
17th September 2004, 12:24 AM
Well, I've got plans... if you consider driving to my mom's house at 6:30 in the morning to watch the Kids WB shows "plans". :D But of course, the most important of those shows is Pokemon! (As if you even had to ask.)

Speaking of which, did any of you see the first episode of "Da Boom Crew" last Saturday? What did you think of it? Is there any potential in there?

Frankly, I thought it was terrible... but anyway...

And yes, PancaKe, you definitely need to play Super Mario RPG. It's a Super Nintendo game, but it still ranks as one of my favorite video games, on all systems. It's an excellent RPG, and one of the few Super Nintendo games that was in 3D.

btw, just to throw in my two cents about Mallow... Weakest. Character. EVER.

...But he was still cool. :yes:

classy_cat18
17th September 2004, 01:40 AM
Time to throw in my two cents about Super Mario RPG. Lazy Shell. Best...weapon...and...armor...ever.

About Da Boom Crew? Rather watch The Batman and the new Shaolin Showdown. Wait a sec! I'm twenty years old! Why am I discussing cartoons?

PancaKe
17th September 2004, 01:44 AM
My two cents about Super Mario RPG....

never heard of it
never played it
probably never will

The Blue Avenger
17th September 2004, 05:40 PM
That's more like three cents.

*runs*

mr_pikachu
18th September 2004, 01:30 AM
Why are we all talking about cents all of a sudden?

I'll see your three cents about Super Mario RPG and raise you a Frog Coin!

Which brings me to the point of this post (yes, it actually has a point): Do any of you gamble, or have you ever gambled? I participated in a no-entry fee Texas Hold 'Em tournament a few days ago... and got second place. *cries* Well, I suppose it was to be expected, considering I only got second by delaying my elimination as much as possible. I ended up with $2.50 in the end against the chip leader... who had about $80 worth of chips. :scared: I was quickly dispatched, and promptly went to my dorm room to cry about rivers and flops and such. (If you don't know how to play Texas Hold 'Em, then you won't understand what I just said. So don't even try.)

Anyway, any of you guys ever gamble?

EDIT: Sadly, I know that the show you were referring to is spelled "Xiaolin Showdown". I think they even had a commercial about why it's spelled that way, which basically ended in saying it's that way for no reason whatsoever. I'm astonished that I know so much about things that are probably fairly trivial.

Speaking of which... Raimundo is evil! EEEEVIL! :mad2:

PancaKe
18th September 2004, 07:30 AM
I have no idea why we're talking about cents. Guess its cheaper than dollars *shrugs*

Leon-IH
18th September 2004, 10:52 AM
Yep, I gamble - life is all about luck so why the hell not, though most of my gambling is on either Dice or Blackjack.

Anyway i'm so happy - can stay up late and write poetry (I seem to write better in early hours) I LOVE HOLIDAYS!

Cents may be cheaper than dollars but 70US cents is more than Australia's dollar *looks angrily at TEXAS*

Come on Mexico - TAKE DOWN TEXAS!!!

Suite Madame Blue
18th September 2004, 10:07 PM
I like to play Craps when I go to Las Vegas, which isn't even once a year, so I still have beginner's luck. :D It's the table game that has the best odds. It's also the most social, because everyone's betting on the roller and cheering them on.

ZZ Top was a good concert. They played all their hits and brought out their fur-covered guitars. They still sounded good. Although anybody could put on fake beards and we wouldn't be the wiser. :confused:

PancaKe
20th September 2004, 01:42 AM
So...

Name one good thing that has happened to you in the past week, and one thing that you just want to complain about.

Good thing: It's last week of school, then HOLIDAYS NEXT WEEK!!!

Complaint: We have an overload of assignments that are gay n stupid :(

dratinihaunter13
20th September 2004, 02:14 PM
good thing: well, i didn't get run over or shot or anything...
bad thing: there's an organic chemistry test coming up and a psychology test. professors just don't understand the consequences of their test-giving actions. >=(

Chris 2.1
20th September 2004, 03:03 PM
Good thing - Tomorrow's Tuesday - that means after that its wednesday, then its only one day till Friday!

Bad thing - Unfortunately this post couldn't hold how shitacular school is atm.

mr_pikachu
20th September 2004, 10:37 PM
Good thing: I posted the next chapter of my fanfic!

Bad thing: It's only gotten one reply so far. *glares comically at Ada*

Worse thing: I have a test tomorrow. :(

Better thing: I'm totally prepared for it.

Sad thing: I had to study for several hours to prepare for that test.

Let's see... that's Thing 1, Thing 2, Thing 3, Thing 4, and Thing 5. This post is like a Dr. Seuss book on steroids! :lol:

Say, Tara... how are your holidays next week? It's only September, for crying out loud! (And yes, I am crying out loud, because I don't have any breaks other than weekends for at least a month.)

Andrew
20th September 2004, 10:48 PM
Mr Pikachu - Because she's australian, you silly man :P We do the school year logically, starting at the beginning of the year, and ending at the end :P

Good Thing - I'm almost finished uni Term 1!111

bad Thing - I've got some assignments to do before then... plus I'm going away for a week to rural gladstone .....

mr_pikachu
20th September 2004, 11:07 PM
Mr Pikachu - Because she's australian, you silly man :P We do the school year logically, starting at the beginning of the year, and ending at the end :P

Actually, my point was that I didn't think anyone was on holiday at this time of year... I assumed that you had Winter Break around June, and Summer break from about November-February. Was my guess that far off?

Anyway...

More bad news: I just found out that my friend sold his Pokemon videos. *yells at .hacker* I would've bought them from you! *snarls*

Andrew
21st September 2004, 01:21 AM
There's also the september 2 week break, and the 1 week over easter.

Gavin Luper
21st September 2004, 05:49 AM
Yeah ... we get 8 weeks over Christmas (Summer) then 2 weeks at easter, 2 weeks in winter, 2 in spring (september/october).

Anyways ...

good thing: Life is good! :D

bad thing: it seems to be a common theme, but SCHOOL. I'm very fed up with the damn Curriculum Council and the TEE system and tests and assignments and so on. So annoying. Still, holidays are coming up ... only 7 school days left!

Cheers!

PancaKe
21st September 2004, 07:35 AM
Yeah ... we get 8 weeks over Christmas (Summer) then 2 weeks at easter, 2 weeks in winter, 2 in spring (september/october)

Good thing: hung out wit my mates all arvo, and then we made dinner which was fun

Better thing: I got a pay rise and holidays start next week

Best thing: My best mate adam is comin on holidays to ulladulla with us in January! w00t!!!!!!!!! (lol w00t is so n00bish)

YEAH!

oh..

Bad thing: school and assignments. what else?

Suite Madame Blue
27th September 2004, 09:34 PM
Bad thing: A really bad flu is making the rounds in my family, and it's my turn. :dead:

Good thing: I get to stay in bed, and catch up on my reading! :P

Another good thing: The fall TV season has started, and new episodes are on! 8)

Another bad thing: Whose Line is it Anyway? is always pre-empted because of Portland Trailblazers basketball games. :swear:

mistysakura
29th September 2004, 03:27 AM
mr_pika, your glare didn't quite reach me since I was in Japan.

So, good thing: I went to Japan! It was really cool, and we got to stay with host families and stuff. They were really nice. We got to go to Disneyland, which was fun, and we went to Kyoto to see all the traditional temples and stuff (and take heaps of photos, and buy heaps of stuff!) Unfortunately we had to go to school for a few days since it was kinda an exchange thing, but aside from that, all cool. And the food was delicious.

Bad thing: Now have stacks of homework to catch up on.

Good thing: At least now I'll have an easier time with my Japanese homework, seeing as I spoke Japanese for basically the whole trip.

Bad thing: My English has totally deteriorated. Meh.

mr_pikachu
7th October 2004, 04:25 PM
Bad thing: I got a poor grade on my physics exam, along with the rest of my class. The time limit was ridiculous! :grumble:

Good thing: I've just started the Fanfic Trivia Game (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=508364#post508364)! Take a look!

Bad thing: My dog's blood tests came back, and she'll need to stay on her medicine for awhile longer. We thought we might actually get her off it, but the tests had some parts that weren't as good as we'd hoped.

So... what's up with everyone else? *attempts to get the thread going again*

classy_cat18
7th October 2004, 08:32 PM
Good news: I finally started school yesterday! What? I was getting tired of sitting at home everyday.

Bad news: Stupid Career Focus class has me doing a buttload of notes.

PancaKe
8th October 2004, 08:22 AM
Um yeah....

Lol..

Something, anything to get this thread going would be good. Even if it does become a spam hole, I don't care. Fanfic board needs to be friends!!! (do we have a rainbow smilie or something.. lol )

Leon-IH
8th October 2004, 09:08 AM
Good Thing: Got a 100% on my legal studies examination.

Bad Thing: I did it at 5am before my first day back at school.

Good Thing: I'm ahead in maths.

Bad Thing: I'm WAY behind in english (stupid hippy teacher)

All in all i've found more pro's than con's, for some reason I never do well in english - i'm reasonable at the work, i'm just too damn lazy - someone buy me a cattle prod.

mistysakura
9th October 2004, 01:37 AM
Something, anything to get this thread going would be good. Even if it does become a spam hole, I don't care.

*spams* Just kidding. Seems like everyone's so caught up in school... guess I should be too, just that I can't be bothered. I'll just keep procrastinating, like I always do. It's not that much work anyway, compared to what I had a week ago.

*hands Leon-IH a cattle prod*

mr_pikachu
9th October 2004, 10:52 PM
Fanfic board needs to be friends!!! (do we have a rainbow smilie or something.. lol )

:love2: :love3: :whore:

Hmm... maybe the last one was a bit much.

Anyway, I've been caught up in school, but I've been here as much as I could. Speaking of school, what's everyone majoring in/going to major in eventually? I'm in petroleum engineering... but I won't be after this semester. I might change it to programming instead.

DannyBoy
10th October 2004, 12:57 PM
Wow, its been a while since I been here. Kinda dropped off the face of the earth for a while. Haven't really read much but iyeah. I been so busy with school like it seems most have you been but this place looks a bit more active since the last time I was here. But lately I been kinda missing everything and writing so might be coming back and reading again.

But I hope ya'll didnt forget about lil ole me. Also To answer the latest question, I plan on going into bussiness right now. I really wanna own my ownb bar n grill. Something fun and would be cool to have.

mr_pikachu
10th October 2004, 07:55 PM
Forget about you? Ha! Hardly! You see the Fanfic Trivia Game (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31682) here in the Writers Lounge? Take a look at the first question in the thread. ^_^

*tries to figure out what to do* I've already answered the question... since I posted it... uh...

Okay, additional question... some sports teams are reaching the playoffs right about now. What team are you hoping will do well?

I'm going for the St. Louis Cardinals. Best team in baseball during the regular season, with an extraordinary trio of skilled and classy guys. Not to mention the rest of the team isn't half bad either. Oh, and my entire family's from that area.

That's cool about the bar and grill. I bet you'll do well with that. Welcome back to TPM, and to Fanfic! :D

Suite Madame Blue
11th October 2004, 10:27 AM
Hmmm, well I'm already out of school, but oh well. I majored in Interpersonal Communications, which means I can talk anybody's ear off. Just ask my kids. :lol:

Sports teams: I could care less about baseball. I live for football season, and my family are all 49ers fans. We finally won yesterday, yay! Our win over the Arizona Cardinals, and the Rams' win over the Seahawks yesterday ties us for third! Yeah, it's going to be a rough season.

dratinihaunter13
16th October 2004, 05:51 PM
ouch, my roommates a niners fan and he was excited last week but yeah, i can't see that team doing well this season. sry =(. unless their offense turns perennial, and there's a chance with rattay's strong arm and barlow and lloyd's upside. but their defense is too injured, though the run defense is kind of respectable this season.

I've always loved the Seahawks, Lions, Steelers, and Eagles. So this season has been great for me =D! the game i want the most this week is the seahawks over those undefeated patriots tho. Eagles getting some revenge on ricky manning jr and the panthers is a close second, though.

mr_pikachu
20th October 2004, 03:45 AM
*cries and stabs self with pen* WHY?! How could you? *sobs* :cry:

I've been gone on a trip to Houston. It was partially to meet with one of my doctors, and partially to see the St. Louis Cardinals stomp the Houston Astros in three games down there.

...The Astros won all three.

So now the Cards are down 3-2, are on the brink of elimination, and are about to face the two best pitchers the Astros have; namely, Clemens and Oswalt. The thing that makes it all the worse it that they blasted Oswalt in Game 4 of the best-of-seven series, then blew the lead late. Dang it, Tavarez! How could you?!

...Oh, and the walk-off home run in the bottom of the ninth in game five to break a scoreless game... and end it. That kinda sucked too.

Anyway, I've got class in a little over five hours, which means that I'll have to eat breakfast in about four hours. o_0 I have weird sleeping habits, you don't have to tell me.

So, is anyone else interested in the MLB playoffs? *looks around empty room* Anyone? Anyone at all? :(

dratinihaunter13
20th October 2004, 12:15 PM
yea sure, only time i'm really interested in baseball is this time of year.

I saw Tavarez break his hand. That was quite a playoff memory, comical to say the least. I bet he felt very, very embarrassed about that one. For those who don't know about this, he pitched a rough inning or something didn't go his way, so he started throwing a fit in the dugout out of pure frustration and while he was hitting and throwing things he broke his own hand. Way to help the team out Tavarez.

I will miss the Red Sox/Yankees game because of an organic chemistry lab class. i usually prefer other sports to baseball but man, gammons is calling this game the most anticipated game in the sport's history. Sox come back down 3 games to force a 7 and Pedro Martinez could come in late? The pressure is back on the Yankees, a curse lingers in the air. If you get a chance, anybody, watch this game tonight. Even if it's the only baseball game you'll ever watch.

Oswalt and Clemens... see that's gonna be tough. The main problem the astros have going into these games is using clemens in Game 6 or 7. I'm for using him 7 for the rest and pitchers have a very, very weak record when going on short rest (i think it was 3 days?). Let clemens be himself in game 7. Oswalt could get rocked by the best offensive lineup in baseball, he definitely showed weakness last time. If the cardinals pitchers overachieve and prepare for a heavier workload than usual, they can take game 6, and perhaps steal game 7, where anything can happen. The 'stros will win the series tho, i mean doesn't this always happen? The favorite in a conference series falls to a team who races to even get in the playoffs? sounds familiar to me.

mr_pikachu
21st October 2004, 01:08 AM
Baseball history has been made. I hope you all witnessed it.

First, the afternoon game: Astros at Cardinals. The Cards took an early lead, but they gave it away... again. Houston managed to tie it in the ninth, sending it into extra innings. Both teams pulled out their closing pitchers, Isringhausen for St. Louis and Lidge for the Astros.

A few innings went by with no runs scored. Eventually the Cards took Isringhausen out and replaced him with... Tavarez. Yes, Tavarez. Every Cardinal fan in the nation was thinking, "NO! He's gonna blow it again! Damn you, La Russa!" But astonishingly, he didn't, pitching several innings of excellent shutout baseball.

Now for the Astros' defense. They pulled Lidge out after three (yes, three) innings, and replaced him with a short series of pitchers that managed to preserve the tie. And then they brought in Miceli. If you didn't know, Miceli is feared by many Astros fans because of his astonishing ability to blow games. I cheered quite loudly from my living room seat when he was brought in, and my father and I were high-fiving. The worst thing was, he was facing the heart of the Cardinals' order when he came in for the bottom of the 12th.

Pujols walked on four pitches, then Rolen stupidly swung at the first one thrown to him and flied out. (If he hasn't proven he can throw strikes, don't swing, you nimrod!) And then Jim Edmonds came to the plate. With a 1-1 count (I believe), he blasted a pitch over the right field wall. Game, set, match. We're going to Game Seven!

(Note: The Astros surprisingly used Munro instead of Clemens as their starting pitcher for this game, shocking most analysts who had studied the possibilities. However, this will allow Clemens to pitch Game 7 on four days rest, which may give Houston the final push that they need. Find out tomorrow!)

And now for the Yankees-Red Sox matchup. Indeed, this was a clash to remember, even if the Yankees would like to forget. (Hint, hint.) The Red Sox had already made baseball history by becoming the first team to force a Game 7 after falling to a 0-3 deficit in the best-of-seven series, and were now trying to make it even greater by actually coming all the way back to win the series.

Not much to tell here, other than MAJOR BLOWOUT. The Red Sox scored 8 runs by the fourth inning and never looked back. There was a glimmer of hope when the Sox brought in Pedro Martinez as a reliever for no apparant reason in the seventh inning. (He's struggled against the Yanks, and even said recently that they've baffled him, so "you can call the Yankees my daddy.") The stadium filled with chants of "Who's your daddy? Who's your daddy?" as Pedro gave up two runs, but he eventually got out of the inning and was replaced. The Sox proceeded to score more runs, completely blasting the Yankees' dreams to oblivion. See you next year, New York! As for the Sox... can they break the curse, either way, WELCOME TO THE WORLD SERIES, BOSTON!

...Any thoughts?

P.S. Yeah, Tavarez allowed the go-ahead run for the Cards in Game 4, and threw an absolute fit. Tony La Russa (the Cardinals' manager) was livid, moreso because he probably couldn't pitch than because he made the team look bad. Tavarez did pitch today, so Tony must be a little bit happier. Still, I see free agency in Julian Tavarez's future. Outbursts like that are, frankly, ridiculous. If you can't control yourself, how can you be expected to control a baseball game?

Leon-IH
21st October 2004, 09:20 AM
I have a thought, baseball = boring :P

Maybe it's the fact im an aussie and we play Rugby and Cricket over here. :)

Suite Madame Blue
22nd October 2004, 02:02 AM
I have a thought, baseball = boring :P

Maybe it's the fact im an aussie and we play Rugby and Cricket over here. :)
Gotta agree, baseball is extremely boring. But I fail to see the point of cricket too. Give me good ol' American football anytime! *Runs off to listen to George Carlin's "Baseball & Football" routine*

mr_pikachu
22nd October 2004, 02:18 AM
*leaps into the air and punches air in ecstacy*

*hand hits ceiling and bleeds*

*doesn't care*

YES! The St. Louis Cardinals are going to the World Series for the first time in 17 years! It's been 18 years for the Red Sox, as well... *ponders* Interesting.

Anyway, I'm tingling with excitement right now, being the huge Cardinal fan that I am. It's the first time since I was old enough to remember that my favorite team has made it to the final showdown! BOOYAH!

Man, I can't wait until Saturday. Just 1 day, 16 hours, 43 minutes and 15 seconds to go until the Red Sox face the Redbirds! It can't get any better than this for a baseball fan!

Excuse me while I go party like it's 1967. :D

Gavin Luper
22nd October 2004, 03:48 AM
Hmmm...

Watching Baseball ... or giving birth to a chair?

Might have to go with the chair on this one. :nut:

PancaKe
22nd October 2004, 09:30 AM
Hmmm...

Watching Baseball ... or giving birth to a chair?

Might have to go with the chair on this one. :nut:

lmao

:lol:

Leon-IH
22nd October 2004, 10:04 AM
Hmm, i'd say you made the right choice there Gavin :P

in odd news i got 100% on my maths test today oh yeah! (thx for the cattleprod, it works)

mr_pikachu
24th October 2004, 03:24 AM
Gavin giving birth to a chair? ...Isn't Gavin a guy? That makes this even more weird... :what:

Well, I watched Game 1 of the World Series tonight... *checks clock* Er, last night. And I was really disappointed in the Cardinals, actually. The Red Sox made four errors. Yes, you're reading that right. Four errors. Yet the Cards still managed to somehow lose the game due to mismanagement, hideous pitching and a slew of missed offensive chances. Not that Boston did much better, but at least they won. Meh.

This isn't the worst display of baseball talents I've ever seen (motions to 19-8 bashing in this year's ALCS), but it ranks right up there. Oddly enough, neither team really deserved to win this game.

*wonders how on earth Williams allowed 7 earned runs in only 2 1/3 innings*

EDIT: Oh, and congrats on the test, Leon. :)

PancaKe
25th October 2004, 01:11 AM
Hmm, i'd say you made the right choice there Gavin :P

in odd news i got 100% on my maths test today oh yeah! (thx for the cattleprod, it works)

Have to say congrats on that 100%. Its been a long time since I've even hit 80% :D

Gavin Luper
25th October 2004, 04:00 AM
Well done on the 100% ... I got 96 the other day, so close ... *sigh*

In other news, nothing is happening at all. Oh, the Silver Pen Awards should be up by this weekend *stares at Tara* we have to talk again ...

Cheers!

mr_pikachu
25th October 2004, 06:44 AM
Silver Pen? I thought they were the Golden Pen and Silver Pencil Awards... *stares in confusion*

Well, hopefully this awards ceremony will help... even though we missed the last one... *glares*

PancaKe
25th October 2004, 08:24 AM
dont look at me

im always online

im waitin for u gavin :P

hey, im online now and ur not :P

Leon-IH
29th October 2004, 06:20 AM
What about a Bronze Typewriter awards?

Hey it's just an idea *hides from flying typewriters*

mr_pikachu
29th October 2004, 07:11 AM
Y'know, that could be a member-done awards, maybe during Spring and Fall... kinda like Fanfic used to have in the good old days. Heck, I might even do that! :)

Wait... school + more school = no time... dang it! :mad:

On another note, the Fanfic Trivia Game (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31682) hasn't had a reply for almost two weeks! The game will die if none of you all play... the newest question has been posted on Page 4 (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31682&page=4). Go ahead, give it a try!

...Please?

*makes note of the fact that I'm not talking about a fic, so this post is not shameless advertising* ;)

mistysakura
30th October 2004, 12:17 AM
Heh, who uses typewirters anymore? Nice keeping to the theme though, and member-done awards could be cool. Except with all the planning, the Spring award would probably end up being in Autumn. ;) Just like the SPs are kinda ending up in the GP spot this year. Speaking of which, anyone know what happened to the e-zine? We're 3 fortnights behind now...

As for Fanfic Trivia Game, I just have no clue! I'm sure I've read the fic before, I just can't remember it. And besides, it just reminds me of Pewter City Geodude's shorts, and it's pretty obvious from the question that it's actually a chapter fic, so no idea.

Gavin Luper
30th October 2004, 06:08 AM
Well, the Awards Nomination should be up by Monday night everyone, Tara and I are hoping to have them ready by then. However, I just had another idea - Ada, DH, Tara, can we discuss ASAP?

Chris 2.1
30th October 2004, 10:21 AM
Just a reminder; the bimonthly fanfic contest is actually skipping a month for a couple of reasons:
a) The September contest was pushed into mid-october thanks to my killer timetable at school, and other comitments I had.
b) November will be one of those months where I get buried under notes, revision stuff and other stuff. Yay. Can you see the grin on my face?

But thankfully we'll get a contest for xmas ^^.

Heh, Bronze Typwriter. And then the Copper Keyboard Awards ^_^

Anyway, I'm off.
Toodles.

The Decapitated Mole
30th October 2004, 12:02 PM
I shoulda kept reading this thread.

...Anywho, last I heard about the E-Zine, Darien was... not doin it anymore. Mr. Pikachu would know more than me, as he's the one that informed me of it. So... Take it away, MP!

And yay @ teh awards! Also, I almost definitely have enough free time to do Spring and Fall awards, unless something comes up[which it shouldn't]. So, if there's anything anyone wants to say to me in that regard, take it away.

o_0
jimm

PancaKe
31st October 2004, 02:13 AM
Well I dont know what's going on much anymore *sigh* I've got my school cert coming up.

So things that are open for people who want to organize them are: the ezine.

is there anything else?

Leon-IH
31st October 2004, 04:28 AM
I'd suspect at this time of year school is owning all the Aussies on here less me than anyone else (I only do what I have to, nothing more).

In other news if your ever considering getting drunk in Australia make sure your not drinking Fosters (I'm talking to the American/British end of the forum here) because most Australians describe it as export quality piss and will laugh at you for drinking it.

Sorry, I had to say something completely stupid in order to clear my mind for more witty remarks.

Suite Madame Blue
31st October 2004, 11:40 PM
In other news if your ever considering getting drunk in Australia make sure your not drinking Fosters (I'm talking to the American/British end of the forum here) because most Australians describe it as export quality piss and will laugh at you for drinking it.

Sorry, I had to say something completely stupid in order to clear my mind for more witty remarks.
"All beer is the same as long as the horse is clean." - Mark Twain

That quote has guided me through high school and beyond. Fosters ads aren't even funny anymore.

The 49ers lost another game tonight. 1 and 6 - definitely a rough year.

mr_pikachu
1st November 2004, 12:37 AM
*reads the discussion of the E-zine*

...Oops...

*was supposed to PM the contributors with info*

................. *long awkward silence* .................

Well, basically, Darien's on a TPM hiatus for now. He may come back eventually, though. In the meantime, the E-zine's pretty much open for whoever is willing to run it. (I would, but as previously mentioned, I have no time.) Yeah, that's right. It's up for grabs. So somebody grab it, already!

...And when/if it's restarted, if the Editor in Chief could tell Agent Elrond he can put his art column in it again, that'd be great. (Note: It should probably continue to be integrated with the Art section of the board, like it was before.)

Now that that's done...

*cries at utter collapse of St. Louis Cardinals*

PancaKe
2nd November 2004, 10:50 PM

we'll laugh at you if you get drunk off XXXX (4X) beer as well. apparently that QLD stuff is crap as.

Suite Madame Blue
4th November 2004, 12:01 PM
Temping = boredom. Extreme boredom. The company my husband works for is having its annual meeting, which absolutely every employee attends. And because I'm a stay-at-home mom, guess who got tapped to answer phones all day? :wave: It's 10 am, I've already done the crossword puzzle in the morning paper, had my coffee, and answered all of 5 calls. Whoopee. On the plus side, I get to read all day. And there's a banquet tonight. :beer:

PancaKe
9th November 2004, 05:33 AM
Your married?

mr_pikachu
9th November 2004, 08:33 AM
Erhem...

Long live the Old Young Ladies of TPM!

Mooommeee!

Oooooooo... stalker... ;)

Leon-IH
9th November 2004, 05:43 PM
say Pika, where did that quote in your sig by tainted actually come from?

In other news i've been playing world of warcraft open BETA this morning and all I can say is this THE GAME IS SWEET!!

Suite Madame Blue
10th November 2004, 12:47 AM
Oooooooo... stalker... ;)
Nah - It's public information. I've mentioned it here and there on the boards, for those of you who pay attention. I even mentioned my age in this thread a few months back.

Now, if you could tell me what I had for breakfast last Tuesday, we might need to talk... :wag:

PancaKe
10th November 2004, 04:59 AM
Hey I rekon thats cool.

How long have u been married for?

Suite Madame Blue
10th November 2004, 11:15 PM
13 years.

PancaKe
10th November 2004, 11:23 PM
Wow thats so mad! :)

Gosh I cant wait until I'm married *sigh* wonder who I'll marry..

mr_pikachu
10th November 2004, 11:32 PM
*pushes Ryan up to Tara* C'mon, now's your chance! :D

Oh, I got the quote from an AIM chat, Leon. It was quite funny, actually. I can't say it was taken too much out of context. That's the best part about it.

And SMB, you had something edible for breakfast on Tuesday. Remember? ;)

Suite Madame Blue
10th November 2004, 11:39 PM
Pancake: Just make sure you love him, because ideally you'll be spending the rest of your life with him. Family approval is good. It also doesn't hurt if he loves kids - makes for a better father.

m_p: As opposed to the inedible stuff I ate on Monday? :lol:

The Blue Avenger
11th November 2004, 07:42 AM
Wow, did you have rusty nails for breakfast too? What a coincidence!

Gavin Luper
12th November 2004, 02:27 AM

You actually WANT them to stuff a wrench up your nostril??!?!

:lol:

In other news, only a couple of weeks till exams. Study study study! Woo-hoo!

:(

Cheers!

PancaKe
12th November 2004, 06:46 AM

*coughcough* *pulls out mod whacking stick* sorry, what was it you were insinuating? *cough*

Gavin Luper
12th November 2004, 07:07 AM
HAHAHAHA!

I never use my mod whacking stick, I really should start, hey?

Mwahahaha! :P

mr_pikachu
12th November 2004, 07:11 AM
Oh, nothing, Tara. Nothing at all...

*glances toward awkward-looking Ryan and Tara*

Well, I think I'll just... y'know... leave you two alone for awhile. ;) Later!

*flees at high speed*

Leon-IH
12th November 2004, 09:21 PM
On no, more mod whacking sticks.... there is only one way to evade these devious creatures.

RUN THE HELL AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, yay for inedible food.

mistysakura
13th November 2004, 02:03 AM
Mod whacking sticks? I really should get one of those, shouldn't I? Anyway, my exams are over, yay! *makes fun of Gavin's misfortune* Nah, year 11 exams must be hard. Study hard, but not too hard (had trouble finding that line myself), and party harder afterwards. :) In other news, since exams are over, we're going on camp! 5 days of rafting, should be cool (if the hail hasn't frozen the water, that is).

Suite Madame Blue
14th November 2004, 06:52 PM
Somebody let me borrow their Mod whacking stick? I'd like to use it to whack the 49ers into shape, because they lost AGAIN this week to the Panthers 37-27. They were up by 17 at the end of the 1st half, then lost the game because of turnovers and sloppy play. Arrgh!

mistysakura: Have fun camping!

PancaKe
15th November 2004, 03:46 AM
:) Mod-whacking sticks. a dollar.

^.^;;

no not really.

mr_pikachu
15th November 2004, 05:19 PM
Alrighty, then... how about five dollars?

Question, though: Do Mod whacking sticks grant the powers of a Mod, or do they allow you to whack the Mods themselves? Just wondering. ;)

And SMB... *starts playing violin*

At least the Rams are doing alright...

dratinihaunter13
16th November 2004, 02:23 AM
Actually, mod whacking sticks lose all their powers once out of the hands of a mod. This sale of them is all one big scam so we can finance our next sexy party. I'm sorry but I had to say something this is dishonest!

And the Seahawks will end up ahead of the Rams despite the season sweep. :nod: yesyes

Gavin Luper
16th November 2004, 08:02 AM
Actually, mod whacking sticks lose all their powers once out of the hands of a mod. This sale of them is all one big scam so we can finance our next sexy party. I'm sorry but I had to say something this is dishonest!

You TOLD them! How could you? How are we supposed to support our secret illicit dealings and rampant partying? :swear:

*pulls out mod whacking stick*

Nobody push me over the edge :grumble:

PS: Mod whacking sticks are for mods to whack people; not to be confused with the highly illegal mod-whacking sticks, which have been used by civilians (yes you, average joe) to whack mods in the past. Not advisable. They now sleep with the fishes.

;) Cheers!

mr_pikachu
16th November 2004, 08:08 AM
Ah, so the difference lies in the capitalization?

I see. It all makes sense now.

And on a side note, GET THE AWARDS GOING! NO MORE PROCRASTINATION, DANGIT!

;)

dratinihaunter13
16th November 2004, 08:54 PM
I think the hyphen's the difference maker, and Gavin scheduled the awards voting topic for Wednesday I believe. We're not always procrastinors :cry:

ugh, mod-whacking sticks... *rubs back of head*

mr_pikachu
16th November 2004, 09:15 PM
Oh, that's right. The hyphen. Duh.

...And before you make judgements about my stupidity, just know that I hadn't slept for over 24 hours at that point. I've had a hard time sleeping lately. :P

And dh, I know you're not always "procrastinors". You just are when it comes to Fanfic. Right? ;)

Speaking of which, what's going on with these "big changes" I've heard so much about? I'm curious what exactly you've got planned, and how long it'll be until your surprise is ready... :)

EDIT:
Voting topic up by Wednesday-ish [on my schedule - Tara?]. Get ready to vote everyone!

The majority of the world is already experiencing Thursday. The monarchy promised us a voting topic by Wednesday. So I ask you, citizens of Fanfic: Where is our voting topic? What happened to our leaders finishing what they've begun? Why must we deal with the torment of false promises? Their apathy is taking away what we hold most dear to our hearts. Without truth in promises, there is no honor to being a Fanficcer! The monarchy has defiled the good names of all who reside here! Will we sit here and allow our reputations to be besmirched? Or will we stand up and fight? Will we fight for the good of all Fanfic? :gun:

This is the moment of truth!