Female w/ (don't know what to attach)
[Serious Nature]

Toxic
Attract
Giga Drain
Return

Gligar_Man
1st May 2003, 02:45 PM
sig tests are spam... -_- your gloom set is fine but id go more annoyance and less splitting ev's... try aromatherapy

Gloom Guy
1st May 2003, 03:14 PM
Can oddish have aromatherapy through breeding because I thought only Vileplume gets it?

Gloom Guy
1st May 2003, 11:00 PM
So, can Oddish/ Gloom get Aromatherapy or just Vileplume? Also, what should I attach & how's the moveset?

Dark Stalker Raven
1st May 2003, 11:03 PM
I don`t sure if he can learn this... but why you don`t try something that can confuse your opponent??? Like Swagger. This work perfect with Toxic and Attract.

Gloom Guy
1st May 2003, 11:08 PM
I don't think Gloom can get swagger in R/S.

Dark Stalker Raven
1st May 2003, 11:12 PM
Yes, I think that. But is only an example. Try something like Confuse ray, Supersonic... something that can cause your opponet confuse. Or Leech Seed, but I don`t sure if he can learn this too.

Scythemantis
1st May 2003, 11:31 PM
Wow, I had no idea there was anyone else out there who loved gloom!!! It's unquestionably been my #1 favorite pokemon since the second I first saw it and I've always used one without ever evolving it, all through red, silver, and now saphirre. I don't even care if it's weak. His 300 something max HP isn't too shabby for a 2nd stage pokemon, though. I'd reccomend maxing out effort for HP and putting the rest into whatever you like.

Sadly it gets no confusion causing moves or leech seed and aromatherapy can only go on vileplume. :(
On my gloom, I use:

@leftovers
Sleep Powder
Sludge Bomb
Double Team (to last longer. Power it up while sleeping)
Moonlight

I kinda prefer moonlight with PP max over giga drain. It's weaker during the day, only recovering 1/4th your maximum HP, but at least it's gaurunteed to. Giga Drain often won't even heal near that much, since his special attack isn't very high and it won't do much damage to a non-water pokemon. They both have only 5 pp, but I'd say Moonlight is more reliable.

Putting the opponent to sleep then charging up double team is probably the best way for an underevolved little grass pokemon to survive. I like your set, but toxic is better used by a pokemon who can last longer.

Gloom Guy
1st May 2003, 11:51 PM
This is too cool. I don't feel so alone now. Gloom's (obviously) my favorite too. When G/S first came out everyone ridiculed me for not wanting to evolve my Gloom, but I couldn't help it. I even watch the anime whenever I can just to see if Gloom'll be in it (I know, I'm a geek). Thanks, for supporting me...:wave:

As far as the moveset you've got a good point... does it matter if I go w/ Synthesis or Moonlight? I don't know if it makes a difference... I know it gets moonlight naturally & synthesis only through breeding, so I guess if it doesn't I should stick w/ moonlight.
I like toxic because Attract can help keep the battle going while they suffer, but you're right that Gloom doesn't quite have the staying power (& what if the other guy isn't the right sex). I'm nervous about something like Sleep Powder, but maybe Stun Spore, Attract, Giga Drain/ Moonlight, Sludge Bomb/ Return.

Dark Stalker Raven
1st May 2003, 11:51 PM
I like it Scythemantis. I don`t so expert in Gloom, but I wanna make some sugestions.

Sleep Powder and Double Team are perfect. But, you can replace the moonlight for other move and use a Leftovers. Your opponent can`t attack you while sleeping and Double Team, so, with leftovers you can recover your HP in every turn. Work a little slow, but really work. I use this in my Umbreon in combination with Sand Attack and Mean Look and I love it. Now you can use Toxic to accelerate your opponent to lose hp and other attack that can deal with a Steel Type pokemon.

Gloom Guy
1st May 2003, 11:55 PM
Also, a more risky moveset occurs to me... since Gloom has the clorophyll ability... what about:

Sunny Day (risky w/ fire, but doubles speed)
Sysnthesis (will heal more w/ Sunny Day)
Solar Beam (will attack in one turn w/ Sunny Day)
Attract/ Sludge Bomb/ Return

Dark Stalker Raven
2nd May 2003, 12:03 AM
Good. I`m not accostumed with the style, but sound really good.

Gloom Guy
2nd May 2003, 12:06 AM
What move should there be to deal w/ steel? Maybe I could have a hidden power ground or something to take care of fire & steel type at the same time.

Gligar_Man
2nd May 2003, 12:08 AM
the sunny day grass sets aint too shabby w/sunny day id just back it up w/ something w/thick fat, wailord worx well... so does walrein... :\ for help... on switching and it doubles speed... tropius makes the best use of this IMO

Gloom Guy
2nd May 2003, 01:47 AM
Alright...
So I've narrowed it down to these movesets:

1) Stun Spore/ Sludge Bomb, Attract, Giga Drain/ Moonlight, Return

2) Sleep Powder, Double Team, Sludge Bomb/ Giga Drain, Return

3) Sunny Day, Synthesis, Solar Beam, Attract/ Return/ Sludge Bomb

Gloom Guy
2nd May 2003, 01:51 AM
Oh! & maybe flail over any of the returns to really do some damage when HP is down.