PDA

View Full Version : Secret Santa gift to Shadow Wolf!

Houndoom_Lover
25th December 2008, 10:23 PM
Congrats at changing your name! ^_^ Enjoy my festive offerings!

---

A Christmas Thought

The Devil woke up with a extraordinary Christmas headache. He hated Christmas, but that was to be expected. Nothing like a holiday of pure cheer and Savoir birth to give Lucifer one hell of a headache. But there was that tasty lingering Greed and Envy- Pride and Wrath. Oh, what rapture! So, he forced himself out of his glorious four-poster bed that floated on the methane spews of hell.

He slipped his cloven hooves into his bedside slippers and walked down the hall lined with skulls and human sorrows. Sometime along the ways, he put on his bath-robe, and slipped his hands in his pockets. It was a nice bathrobe, he got it for his birthday a century or two ago. It still smelled for cheap cigarette smoke, Ah-yes. Mephistopheles, the chain-smoker. Not that he really was a chain-smoker, Lucifer just disliked smokers so intensely. Why, you might add? Kills to fast, and smells to bad. If he wanted to smell like rat tar, then he would visit the traffic area of Hell.

Lucifer came to what was a wall, or what should have been a wall. It was still early, and Hell was even wobblier then normal at the wee hours of the day. It gave him a headache. His head just throbbed and throbbed and throbbed- maybe he’d skip tonight’s foxtrot. He didn’t say his was coming, per say, but it would break the heart of his new arch-devil in training.

His elongated be-clawed, well, more of a nail that had taken over his finger, stabbed at the wall where he assumed the down button was, and waited for the Hell-i-vator.

After itching various parts of himself, and checking to make sure his horns were still there, he entered the Hell-i-vator and acceded up the levels of Hell. He didn’t think anyone but the deadly sins would be up this early, working over time to make sure the cardinal sins were at maximum over-drive- The only one up ever earlier then him was God and Death, he was glad neither were hosting their usual Christmas Parties. They just didn’t have the time anymore for stuff like this. But then again, neither did he. Lucifer sighed.

Up, Up, Up, the Hell-i-Vator went, finally opening at the first level of Hell. It was the closest level to the Earth upon, in fact, it penetrated just enough so that the evil seeped through. In fact, a school had been build above it to harness such evil...but enough about that, as soon as he took a single step out of the lift, the whole room erupted in cheers for him. The Devil had arrived.

There were demons and devils of every kind and type in this room with its wide walls, and tall ceiling, everything had a painted red kind of look, like someone had painted blood over it all and let it dry as a base coat. There was a mighty throne, which the devil in training was sitting in. He stood up so quickly, Lucifer bet it was seeing spots. This put a smile to his ever changing face.

Beside the throne, on either side were hammocks, and to the far left a computer, and along the side in the corner, a television set, and a chair, and the Whore of Babylon who sunk deep into it as though the fibres of the said chair would block out all the sounds of the merry others so she could listen to her television program.

“Did you have a good Christmas?” One three eyed melting face she-demon asked, in a voice she thought was charming. For the life and death in him, he couldn’t figure out what she was. Adultery or Wed-locked. One or the other. He lied with a nod so he wouldn’t upset her, and brushed by melty face quickly, and the other nameless demons with great skill, making it safely to a dish of cocktail shrimp and his benevolent host.

“Lucifer!” His scarecrow faced host said in the loudest fakest voice un-humanly possible, tall, lanky, he’d make a good arch-demon, Lucifer thought as he waffled something to him, he couldn’t remember what he said as soon as he said it. The lad shook his hand, eagerly. Lucifer took it back, sharply.

“Yes, yes,” He replied curtly, watching the silver platter walk away like a flea ridden hyena to a sick and dying zebra, “It was some trip though, I didn’t think I’d make it-”
“Hey, its Old Nick!” Someone shouted in the crowd, and the Devil could feel his blood-pressure rise. “Maybe he brought us some presents!” Other yelled. Lucifer clenched his fists. Fools. He could see the terror rise up on the young ones face, but he didn’t care. Lucifer pushed aside, and disappeared into the crowd like he was never there.

Silently, as though he was nothing more then a shadow, he slipped behind the worn threaded chair that his little whore was sitting in, pop corn propped up on her belly, looking as mad as can be at the T.V. Television was one thing he did not have pleasure in- something about the electronic lights and his eyes, they just didn’t connect, so all they looked to him was like blurs.

“What are you watching, little one?” He asked so deathly soft that he wasn’t surprised when she jumped, I mean, he would have been disappointed if she didn’t. She readjusted her popcorn on her belly, and gave the Devil such a smouldering glare that he just sat down next to her and waited for the commercial.

And waited. And waited. He was just about to get back up and make an attempt at mingling again. Oh, Heathen hearths, he hated mingling. He’d much rather sit here for all eternity in front of the hazy glassed television set, next to the youngin who was munching over-buttered popcorn so dutifully.

“Is that what we do?” She asked suddenly, looking for at the Devil, with tears in her eyes.

“Do what now?” The Devil asked in reply, confused. She must have been watching a Soap Opera, or ‘It’s a Wonderful Life.’ He gave a metal shutter at the thought of that.

“We make people so greedy,” She explained her self, clenching the end of the sofa arms brutally hard, “That they let one woman die, they forget what killing is like, they do it without blinking- without ever seeing blood! A pregnant woman! Not even to bash her belly or see her cry, just let her die for money. Greed?”

Lucifer blinked. Maybe he should have been mingling after all, “Yes.”

“That’s tasteless,” The Whore of Babylon said in short, “House could have cured her. Or that fat man should got the same kind of lung cancer...”

The Devil scowled, got up and went to mingle. But long after the party was over, her words still ringed in his ears, along with the suffering of all those in Hell. He thought for a moment, and pulled open his Hell-u-lar phone.

“Hey, Greed?” He said into the phone, watching things turn into other things from his bedroom sky light which was there when he got home, “Could you take it easy this holiday season...Yeah, I know its your busiest time of the year. Just take off, take a vacation, go to Maui...Yes...I’ll give you pay leaved. Yes...Yes. I know I am.” He hung up, and threw his phone on his bed, which was drooling, and watched the world of his from his wall as the Sky-Light streamed rancid rays down into his bedroom. He would sleep well tonight.

Shadow Wolf
26th December 2008, 07:24 AM
Wow Houndoom, I can see that you made a great effort on this gift. Waiting was worth it, as I find it a curious, yet awesome tale.

was curious about why would the devil wake up so early and navigate hell, then I became somewhat happy when I saw the the demons were celebrating. Suddenly, all that happiness went away when I thought about the question made by the whore (this part made me remember about a guy who recently killed a pregnant woman here in my town by hitting her with a pick-up, so it shook me even more than expected), and finally, I felt peace when the tale ended, with Lucifer telling Greed to take it easy.

A very curious mix of emotions made in just a single tale, making it a wonderful gift. Every part of this tale has shocked me and has left me in awe, bringing a smile. Thanks Houndoom_Lover! :)

Houndoom_Lover
26th December 2008, 03:28 PM
Aww! You're welcome! I'm glad you liked it so much- I wasn't sure if it was sacreligius or not to wrote something about the Devil on Christmas, but its not like the guy goes away just because its a holiday ^_^

Awww o.o Killing a pregnant woman is just wrong but I'm glad you witstood the emotional rollercoster!

o^w^o I'm so delight that you liked it! Merry Christmas!