PDA

View Full Version : The Fanfiction Forum E-zine ~ Calls for Articles 2006 - 2009

mr_pikachu
29th October 2006, 05:12 PM
Good day, fellow Fanficcers!

We’re looking forward to bringing you the first issue of the new Fanfiction E-zine. But what good would an E-zine be without articles to fill it? We need your help to write the E-zine articles.

Is there something happening in Fanfic that you want to write about?
Any great fics that deserve to be mentioned, or maybe something that isn’t getting the attention it deserves?
Do you want to talk about writing in general, or is there something about fanfiction in particular that people need to consider?
Would you like to do a review of a TPM fanfic using the FFRO guidelines, or maybe an interview of a well-known Fanficcer?

Those are just a few of the things you can write about. If you’ve got an idea that you think would be good for the E-zine, let us know!

Anyone here can submit an article for the E-zine. Basically, if you’re reading this message, you can write something. Just let us know in this thread (or the Writers Lounge thread) what you want to write so that we can make preparations.

If you'd like to submit something for the first E-zine issue, please PM the completed article to me, mr_pikachu, by 12:01 a.m. Central Time, December 1, 2006. If you can get it in sooner, please do. The earlier I get the articles, the quicker it will be to arrange them for E-zine publication.

Thank you! We look forward to seeing your articles in print! ^_^

Gavin Luper
15th January 2007, 12:08 AM
Gday everyone!

Well, the production for the second edition of our Fanfic E-zine has fallen to my lot, so I thought I'd bring you up to speed with what's going on with the E-zine. This month we'll be bringing you another edition of Conversations With The Stars, a new segment by Fanfic's own 'Grammar Nazi', and some new articles, too!

The new issue is on it's way, but of course, as always, we need your help to write the E-zine articles! The essence of our E-zine is the contribution from Fanfic Members. So, do you have an idea for an article? Do you have something to say that you want the rest of the forum to hear? Well, this is your chance!

Is there something happening in Fanfic that you want to write about?
Perhaps an analysis of the upcoming Silver Pencil Awards?
Any great fics that deserve to be mentioned, or maybe something that isn’t getting the attention it deserves?
Do you want to discuss writing in general, or are there points about fanfiction in particular that you want to raise?
How about a review of a fic using the FFRO guidelines, or an interview with an author?

There's a tonne of possible article ideas beyond those few. If you think of something that you want to share with the forum, submit it! Anyone reading this can submit an article for the E-zine. Just make sure to post in this thread (or the main forum's twin thread) to let us know what articles we can expect.

If you'd like to submit something for next month's E-zine issue, please PM the completed article to me, by January 30, 2007. Sooner than that would be even better, as it gives me more time to get everything together instead of running around like a psycho on the day before publication!

Get writing!

mistysakura
7th February 2007, 08:40 PM
Hi all,

Our newly established Fanfic E-zine (take a look here (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15473), if you haven't already) is once again seeking material for its next issue. If you would like to contribute to the March issue, please send your submission to me via PM by 27th February, 2007. Everyone is welcome, and submissions can be of any length.

Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
Anything about the art of writing, general or fanfic, that you wish to discuss
Reviewing and/or recommending a fic which you wish to share with other fanficcers (no self-promotion please :P)
Interviewing a fanficcer
Anything about the TPM fanfic forum

If possible, please also post here, or PM me, before writing the article, so we know what to expect, and are not running around like headless chickens because we don't know if people are sending stuff in.

We'd also like to acknowledge Gavin Luper, Lady Vulpix, Chris 2.0, Master of Paradox and mr_pikachu's contributions to the lastest issue of the e-zine.

mr_pikachu
5th March 2007, 05:11 AM

We’re looking forward to bringing you the next issue of the new Fanfiction E-zine. But since we need articles to fill each edition, here are some topic suggestions for any prospective contributors!

Is there an event in Fanfic that you want to write about?
Are there any concerns about the forum that you'd like to address?
Do you want to talk about writing in general, or is there something about fanfiction in particular that people need to consider?
Would you like to do a review of a TPM fanfic using the FFRO guidelines, or maybe an interview of a well-known Fanficcer?

Those are just a few of the things about which you can write. If you’ve got another theme that you think would be good for the E-zine, let us know! We're open to new topics, even if they're not listed above; for instance, Master of Paradox's work on Yu-Gi-Oh! fanfiction was completely his idea.

Anyone here can submit an article for the E-zine. Basically, if you’re reading this message, you can write something. Just let us know what you want to write so that we can make preparations.

If you'd like to submit something for the fourth E-zine issue, please PM the completed article to me, mr_pikachu, by 12:01 a.m. Central Time, April 1, 2007. If you can get it in sooner, please do. The earlier I get the articles, the quicker it will be to arrange them for E-zine publication.

mistysakura
5th April 2007, 11:46 PM
Hello all,

If you've been around TPM for a while, you know the deal already. For new, people, the Fanfiction E-zine is a monthly publication on this board. The mods take it in turns to collate articles and publish the finished product, but we rely on submissions from fanficcers to keep the e-zine going. Anyone can submit material, and you can write about (almost) anything you want related to Fanfic. Some ideas include:

A review of a fic you'd like to share with others (no self-promotion please :P)
An interview with a fanficcer
Your opinion about anything at TPM, about writing or reading fanfiction or any aspects of fanfic

Any length is welcome. Please PM your submissions to me by 29th April. It would be great if you also PMed me with any ideas you had before writing the article, to let us know what material we had in advance. Thanks!

darktyranitar
9th May 2007, 09:45 PM
Hello, fellow fanficcers!

We are currently planning for the next issue of the fanfic E-zine, and to keep things running, we need articles from you. Yes, you: the wonderful contributors.

What could submit for the E-zine? Well, it could be about anything (as long as it's fanfic related). Among the topics that you could write are:

* Event on the fanfiction that you’d like to mention
* A review of a fanfic that you’d like to share with others
* Interview with an author
* Article on aspects of fanfictions or writing

Of course, that is only some of the theme that you can write on. If you have any other ideas, then let us know! We are always open for new ideas.

Anyone can submit articles for the E-zine. If you’d like to submit an article, then PM the article to me by 30th of May. It would also be great if you PM me with idea for your article, so that we know what we can expect and avoid a last-minute work. And no one likes last-minute work.

Well, what are you waiting for? Get your brain running and start writing! The fanfiction wants YOU!

Thank you! We’ll be looking forward for articles from you!

Gavin Luper
13th June 2007, 11:49 AM
G'day everyone!

Well, you guys all know the drill by now. We're gearing up for the next edition of the Fanfiction E-zine, and to keep it going strong, we need articles from you!

Anyone can submit an article to the e-zine, and it can be about anything that happens to take your fancy (as long as it's, you know, about writing or fanfics). If there's something you want to write about, then put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard, as the case may be) and let the whole of Fanfic know about it!

Your article could be about a whole host of topics, though the popular favourites include things like:

*Current events in the Fanfiction Forum
*Articles dealing with aspects of fanfiction or writing in general
*Interviews with authors or reviewers
*Under-appreciated Fic Spotlights and other reviews

Obviously, that's just for starters. We're always looking for new ideas for articles - and the more, the better!

If you'd like to submit an article for the e-zine, then please PM it to me by June 29th. Also, it would be great if you could let me know about your intention to do an article beforehand, either by PM or just by posting in this topic, just so I have a rough idea of what's coming.

Cheers guys!

Weasel Overlord
13th June 2007, 04:05 PM
When my exams are over, I have an idea for what could be an interesting article. But the thing is, would it be appropriate? Hrm.

Anyway, I was considering doing something on or around the topic of slash and yaoi fanfiction. Like, the original authors' responses to them, the thought processes that go into it, and branching off that, fangirliness. It wouldn't have anything explicit in it, but the general topic might not be appropriate. Tell me if it'd be ok, and I'll get some ideas swishing around. ^_^

Gavin Luper
15th June 2007, 02:17 AM
Weasel Overlord: I've sent you a PM about your article idea.

EDIT: Thread locked. E-zine up shortly.

mr_pikachu
5th July 2007, 02:12 PM

We’re looking forward to bringing you the next issue of the new Fanfiction E-zine. But since we need articles to fill each edition, here are some topic suggestions for any prospective contributors!

Is there an event in Fanfic that you want to write about? (The Golden Pen Awards, for instance?)

Those are just a few of the things about which you can write. If you’ve got another theme that you think would be good for the E-zine, let us know! We're already planning another Grammar Nazi article, a great Interview with the Stars, and more from the Fanfiction Writers analysis. But we need your help to fill the issue! You make it happen, people!

Anyone here can submit an article for the E-zine. Basically, if you’re reading this message, you can write something. Just let us know what you want to write so that we can make preparations.

If you'd like to submit something for the eighth E-zine issue, please PM the completed article to me, mr_pikachu, by 12:01 a.m. Central Time, August 1, 2007. If you can get it in sooner, please do. The earlier I get the articles, the quicker it will be to arrange them for E-zine publication.

mistysakura
6th August 2007, 06:40 AM
Hi all,

I hope you enjoyed the current issue of the Fanfiction E-zine. If you would like to contribute to the next issue, this month (like every other month; you must be getting pretty sick of us now) we are asking for article submissions for the September issue. Submissions can be of any length and may include, but are not limited to:

~ Reviews of fics which you would like to share with the rest of Fanfic.
~ Articles about current affairs at TPM.
~ Anything you might like to share about writing fanfics, reading fanfics, or writing in general.
~ Interviews with members at TPM.

Pretty much anything goes, if you think TPM fanficcers would be interested in reading about it. Please PM all submissions to me before 11:59:59 PM August 31st, 2007. Also, if you're thinking of writing an article, please PM me with the ideas you have beforehand, just so we know what we're expecting.

Thank you!

Dragonstar1715
6th August 2007, 07:01 AM
I'd be willing to be interviewed if you want, although I doubt anyone is interested in my story so now I'm not sure and still no one has reviewed my fic yet

As for articles Im not sure about anything I can provide there, I'm not much of an article writer

Lady Vulpix
6th August 2007, 12:16 PM
You have my article, right?

Now we need an article telling us how to find time to write.

Blademaster
6th August 2007, 08:05 PM
Since Mega Horny has yet to interview me (Lazy bum. :sweat:), I'd like to contribute a small article.

Bulbasaur4
6th August 2007, 09:19 PM
XD I think all of us wouldn't mind being interviewed... I know I wouldn't. However, just lett'n yah know I'll be contributing another article. ^_^

It deals with.. .*gasp* SETTINGS!!

mistysakura
7th August 2007, 02:22 AM
Wow, people replied to the topic! Four replies! Is this real?

I've received the article, Gabi; thanks! And thanks in advance to Kalah and Blademaster as well. It looks like this'll be a nice and big issue. Interviews... yeah we all wouldn't mind being interviewed, except I don't write... so... actually I'm thinking I might interview someone. Some time.

Blademaster
7th August 2007, 02:25 AM
And thanks in advance to Kalah and Blademaster as well. It looks like this'll be a nice and big issue.

Big... Heh... Riiiiiight... :sweat3:

Chris 2.1
7th August 2007, 04:45 AM
Why don't you interview some GP Winners like Best Newcomer, Most Improved Writer and other such things? maybe ask about 4 winners and ask them a few questions each? Or something?

Edit - I may also consider writing an article. I title it "Why The Trainer Fic Died."

Dragonstar1715
7th August 2007, 05:29 AM
I suppose my fanfic never got nominated because of the fact that it's a Kingdom Hearts fic and not many people are interested in that...

classy_cat18
7th August 2007, 01:00 PM
I suppose my fanfic never got nominated because of the fact that it's a Kingdom Hearts fic and not many people are interested in that...

First of all, this is not the place to discuss that. Second, I am interested in Kingdom Hearts fics. It's just that you need work on yours, especially with the organization of your paragraphs.

...Okay, now I got sucked into that.

Now to get back to the e-zine.

Okay, I know I had something to say.

Okay, I got it. Time. What to do with it. I could try but I'm not making any promises. Just give me a week and I'll have my answer.

Gavin Luper
7th August 2007, 01:42 PM
I may also consider writing an article. I title it "Why The Trainer Fic Died."

Now that would be an interesting read, I reckon. As much as I wish it weren't so - ie. trainer fics being dead - it would be interesting to investigate why and how they died out. Weirdly, I think I'd love to see someone writing an old-fashioned trainer fic again (obviously an original and well-made one) or even writing one myself. They were so much fun back in the day ...

I just remembered those articles you found awhile ago, Ada, about Author Criticism and stuff - I was thinking about approaching the author of them to ask permission to post them as part of our e-zine, if we were running low on articles or whatever. But it looks like we've got a fair whack of interest this month as it is!

Chris 2.1
7th August 2007, 04:41 PM
I think I'll need to read The Emerald League again to recall what a good solid trainer fic is all about. I might read some early EBTV too to really immerse myself. You know that nostalgic, trainer fic feel? Oh I love it so much. *goes off to read*

Err so yea I'm going to (hopefully) write an article entitled 'Why the Trainer Fic died'. And...its a sort of discursive article, looking at what caused trainer fics to first of all a) become popular, b) become cliched and c) become unpopular over the last 5 years. When I started here TF's were so popular; everywhere there was "Bills PokeItMon Journee" and "Fionas Quest to be the Best Quest Bester" and now...well, there are so few.

*Begins to write*

Gavin Luper
8th August 2007, 01:15 AM
The Azure League was one of the really massive ones, too; DK posted it around the same time I started LTL, and it was insanely popular. Not to mention a brilliant piece of fanfiction with some of the best description I've read (from memory, at least). So they were definitely still the rage in late 2001/early 2002.

Houndoom_Lover
12th August 2007, 04:56 PM
I wouldn't mind to be interviewed...*working on my artical*

darktyranitar
12th August 2007, 06:49 PM
I have an idea on article... something about writer's block.

But alas... writer block is catching up on me ^^;; (how ironic)

I'll see what I can do about it.

darktyranitar
3rd September 2007, 01:31 PM
Good day, fellow fanficcers!

This month e-zine has been rather successful, and we hope we can keep up the trend. To keep things running, we need articles from you, the wonderful contributors.

What could submit for the E-zine? Well, it could be about anything (as long as it’s fanfic related). Among the topics that you could write are:

Of course, that is only some of the theme that you can write on. If you have any other ideas, then let us know! We are always open for new ideas.

If you’d like to submit an article, then PM the article to me before/by 29th of September. It would also be great if you PM me with idea for your article beforehand, so that we know what we can expect and avoid any last-minute work. And no one likes last-minute work.

Well, what are you waiting for? Get out there and start writing! The fanfiction wants YOU!

Gavin Luper
10th October 2007, 05:04 AM
G'day fanficcers!

Yep, it's that time of month again. We're getting ready for the next edition of the Fanfiction Forum e-zine, so we need people to write articles for us!

You guys probably know the drill by now. Anyone can submit an article, as long as it's related to writing or fanfiction in some way. Some common ideas for articles include:

* Events or goings-on around the Fanfic Forum that you'd like to comment on
* Fanfic reviews or under-appreciated fic spotlights
* Interviews with authors or fellow members
* Article on aspects of fanfictions or writing in general

Naturally, these are just some of the templates for articles; we've had ones that have broken the mould in the past, and we're always looking out for new ideas. If you have an idea for an article, let us know!

If you want to submit an article for the e-zine, then PM the article to me by the 30th of October. If you intend to write an article, it would be great if you could post your idea in this thread or PM me, just so we have a rough idea of what articles to expect before the deadline.

What are you waiting for? Pick up a pen or a keyboard (probably won't help to actually pick a keyboard up, maybe just type on one) and start writing! The e-zine needs your contribution!

Thanks guys!

darktyranitar
13th November 2007, 09:41 PM
Good day, fellow fanficcers!

It's time to get ready for the December issue of the fanfic E-zine, but first, we need some articles from you!

To those who are regular to the E-zine, you know what we're looking for. Basically, just send in any article that are fanfic related. Among the topics that you could write are:

And so on. If you have any other ideas, then let us know! We are always open for new ideas.

If you’d like to submit an article, then PM the article to me before/by 29th of November. It would also be great if you PM me with idea for your article beforehand, so that we know what we can expect and to avoid working on the eleventh hour.

Well, what are you waiting for? Get out there and start writing! The fanfiction wants YOU!

mistysakura
13th December 2007, 08:14 AM
Wow, it's been a year since the first e-zine. I remember restarting this thing... anyhow, if you're stuck for something to do over the Christmas holidays, why not give the e-zine a go? It's not demanding, you can write whatever you want and you get to make everyone read your stuff!

Some suggestions for topics:
Interview with a board member
Review of a fic you'd like to share with others
Tips on improving aspects of writing
Observations around TPM and fanfiction

Please PM all articles to me before the clock strikes twelve and you're partying into next year, whatever time zone you're in. Also, please either post in this thread or PM me beforehand if you have an idea for an article, so we know how much material to expect. Thanks guys!

mr_pikachu
16th January 2008, 08:49 PM

We’re looking forward to bringing you the next issue of the Fanfiction E-zine. But since we need articles to fill each edition, here are some topic suggestions for any prospective contributors!

Is there an event in Fanfic that you want to write about? (The Silver Pencil Awards, for instance?)
Or do you think your fellow Fanficcers could learn something useful from a published novel?

Those are just a few of the things about which you can write. If you’ve got another theme that you think would be good for the E-zine, let us know! We're already planning another Grammar Nazi article, a stellar Interview with the Stars, and more. But we need your help to fill the issue! You make it happen, people!

If you'd like to submit something for the next E-zine issue, please PM the completed article to me, mr_pikachu, by 12:01 a.m. Central Time, February 1, 2007. And if you can get it in sooner, please do. The earlier I get the articles, the quicker it will be to arrange them for E-zine publication.

Gavin Luper
13th February 2008, 05:08 AM
G'day fanficcers!

Yes, here we go again! The next edition of the Fanfiction Forum E-zine is just a couple of weeks away, so we need people to write articles for us!

You guys probably know the drill by now. Anyone can submit an article, as long as it's related to writing or fanfiction or the forum in some way. Some common ideas for articles include:

* Events or goings-on around the Forum (eg. the recent Silver Pencils)
* Fanfic reviews or under-appreciated fic spotlights
* Glossaries or critiques of aspects of Fanfiction
* Interviews with authors or fellow members
* Article on aspects of fanfictions or writing in general

Naturally, these are just some of the general templates for articles; we've had heaps of completely original and interesting ideas before, and we'd love new ones. If you have an idea for an article, let us know!

If you want to submit an article for the e-zine, then PM the article to me by the 29th of February (this year we have an extra day, yay!). If you plan to write an article, it would be cool if you could post your idea in this thread or PM me about it, just so we have a rough idea of what articles might be coming in.

What are you waiting for? Get writing! Fanfic needs YOU!

mistysakura
12th March 2008, 12:54 AM
Hi everyone! Wow, the month goes by quickly. We have... nineteen days until the next issue of the e-zine. And guess what? We're in need of articles again! In order to recognise the contributions of e-zine writers, we're looking into adding an award for the best e-zine article in the next Golden Pen Awards, so if having your work stickied at the top of the forum wasn't enough, here's another reason to write! Anyone can submit their articles, and they can be on any topic from fanfiction to the forums to writing in general to what you had for breakfast (if you really, really want to share that with us).

Please PM all articles to me by 31st March, 2008. Thanks!

darktyranitar
3rd April 2008, 12:02 AM
Greetings, fellow fanficcers!

So, how are you doing? Good? Or… do you suddenly have an itch to write? Or specifically… do you feel like writing an article for the fanfiction e-zine?

Although it’s now only early April, we’re already looking forward to bringing you the next issue of the new Fanfiction E-zine. Hence, here’s your chance to contribute something for the fanfiction e-zine then: basically, you can submit an article (or articles) on practically anything, but it is recommended if the said article (or articles) is/are related with subjects regarding aspects of writing or fanfiction.

And might we remind you that an award for best e-zine article is planned to be put in the next Golden Pen Award; here’s another reason for you to write that article that you have been planning for a while!

All articles are to be send via PM to me by the 29th of April, 2008. Thank you in advance!

Blademaster
3rd April 2008, 05:40 PM
Sometime before May, I'll have a new 'fanfic' up.

Once it's up, I'll be willing to have that interview... I understand it's been so long since YGOTP was updated that there's not much in THAT field to ask me about... Hopefully the new idea I came up with will stir up some curiosity...

Gavin Luper
15th May 2008, 01:30 AM
G'day Ficcers!

We're building the June edition of the Fanfiction Forum E-zine, and as always, we need your contributions. If you're reading this, you can send an article in for publication in the E-zine. Articles can be on just about anything to do with writing, reading, fanfiction and the forums.

Stuck on the next chapter of your fic? You could channel your frustration into an article about the rigours of writing!

Have you picked up on some common trends in fanfiction that you feel are noteworthy? Why not use the e-zine to share your insights with the rest of the forum?

Discovered a great new novel? Knock out a book review for us! Or, if you've found a gem of a fic on TPM, why not do an Under-Appreciated Fic Spotlight?

Excited by the goings-on in the forum, or anything else? Write about them!

Don't forget that this year's Golden Pen Awards (which are now on the horizon) will include an award for Best E-zine Article. So what are you waiting for? Put digits to keyboard and send your articles in to me via PM by no later than May 31, 2008.

Cheers!

mistysakura
17th June 2008, 06:40 PM
Hi guys,

No, the E-zine hasn't died, the mods have just been preoccupied. So if you have wonderful ideas for the e-zine, and have been wondering where to submit, never fear! Anyone can submit to the e-zine, and the articles can be on any topic, including:

~Interview with a TPMer
~Review of a fic that deserves a 'spotlight'
~Writing tips and techniques
~Fanfic happenings and observations

Please PM all articles to me by 30th June, 2008. Also, if you're planning on sending in an article, it would be nice to PM me or post in this topic once you're writing the article, so we know how many articles we can expect.

Oh yeah, if anyone has ideas for articles that they'd like to see, but won't be writing the articles themselves for whatever reason, please post your ideas here! Maybe someone else can pick up on them (with full credit, of course).

mr_pikachu
16th July 2008, 02:03 AM

We’re looking forward to bringing you the next issue of the Fanfiction E-zine. But since we need articles to fill each edition, here are some topic suggestions for any prospective contributors!

Is there an event in Fanfic that you want to analyze? (The Silver Pencil Awards, for instance?)
Any great fics that have earned some extra kudos, or maybe something that isn’t getting the attention it deserves?
Do you think your fellow Fanficcers could learn something useful from a published novel?

Those are just a few of the things about which you can write. If you’ve got another theme that you think would be good for the E-zine, let us know! We're already planning another Grammar Nazi column, a stellar Interview with the Stars, part two of Moderators Are..., and more. But we need your help to fill the issue! You make it happen, people!

If you'd like to submit something for the next E-zine issue, please PM the completed article to me, mr_pikachu, by 12:01 a.m. Central Time, August 1, 2008. And if you can get it in sooner, please do. The earlier I get the articles, the quicker I can arrange them for E-zine publication.

mistysakura
11th August 2008, 12:16 AM
Hi all,

The Silver Pencils are very exciting, and fics are springing up all over the place, but don't forget the e-zine! The August issue has been one of our most successful, and it would be awesome to follow that up with another interesting issue. For that, we need your help. Have any stray ideas floating around? Make the e-zine their home! Writer's block on your fic? Why not take a break and write something else? Articles can be written on anything by anyone. Possibilities include:

~ An interview with a fanficcer
~ A review of a fic that deserves a spotlight
~ Muses and rants on fanfiction or writing in general

Please PM all articles to me by August 31. Also, if you have an idea for an article, please PM me or post in this thread beforehand so we know how many articles we're expecting. Thanks!

Chris 2.1
11th August 2008, 01:17 PM
I'd like to do an article please. It will follow a certain sort of discursive format like my last one for August. :)

Gavin Luper
13th September 2008, 02:57 AM
Hi everyone!

We're in the process of putting together the next edition of the e-zine, and as usual, we need your help to flesh it out. Sick of university or work? Feel like procrastinating for a few hours? Why not write an article for the e-zine and see your own (screen) name in print! Anyone can write an article, on almost any topic. Some common ideas include:

- Interviews with your fellow ficcers, be they writers, readers or general lurkers
- Reviews of fics that you think might deserve a month in the spotlight
- Any theses you might have developed to do with anything related to writing and fanfition
- Inspired/angry/joyous rants on fanfic and writing in general

Articles need to be PMed to me by September 30th. If you're thinking of writing an article for the e-zine, it's helpful to post in this thread so I have a rough idea of what we can expect.

Cheers guys!

mr_pikachu
21st October 2008, 05:52 PM
(So we're a little late this time, but hey. Life happens.)

Is there an event in Fanfic that you want to analyze? (The Fanfiction Hall of Fame, for instance?)
Any great fics that have earned some extra kudos, or maybe something that isn’t getting the attention it deserves?
Do you think your fellow Fanficcers could learn something useful from a published novel?
Did you really like having pancakes for breakfast?

Those are just a few of the things about which you can write. If you’ve got another theme that you think would be good for the E-zine, let us know! We're already planning another Grammar Nazi column, a stellar Interview with the Stars, and more. But we need your help to fill the issue! You make it happen, people!

If you'd like to submit something for the next E-zine issue, please PM the completed article to me, mr_pikachu, by 12:01 a.m. Central Time, November 1, 2008. And if you can get it in sooner, please do. The earlier I get the articles, the quicker I can arrange them for E-zine publication.

mistysakura
9th November 2008, 11:16 PM
It's the ultimate e-zine issue for the year! This year has seen eleven issues of awesome articles, so we'd love to go out with a bang. We need your help to make this issue as great as possible! So before you get caught up in Christmas shopping and family dinners, consider writing about:

~ A fic which you'd like to introduce to the whole of Fanfic
~ An interview with a fanficcer
~ Your ideas and tips for fanfic writing, or writing in general
~ Anything that comes into your mind (I do know of this poem called Brain Storm...)

Please send your article to me by 30th November. If you have any ideas for articles that you'd like to write this month, please post here or PM me so we know how many articles to expect. Thanks guys!

Gavin Luper
10th November 2008, 07:21 AM
I'm gonna submit a poetry spotlight or something like that, so that's one article down.

Cheers!

PancaKe
10th November 2008, 08:07 AM
THIEF! I totally had that idea.

Haha but I wasn't going to use it anyway.

Ada, I don't know why I PM'd you my ideas. I honestly don't. I'll blame it on the time. It really is quite late. :)

So I was thinking of writing a little something about creating characters with depth.
And maybe doing a spotlight of a classic fanfic. The kind of things we hunt down in the Searching for A Fic thread. :)

Lady Vulpix
12th November 2008, 07:45 AM
Brace yourself, Ada! 2 articles are on their way to your PM inbox.

PancaKe
12th November 2008, 08:57 PM
Whats the deadline? I'm writing mine next week.

Oh never mind you already said its nov 30. I should read things properly.

You guys should pick the best bits from the year and do a flashback of Fanfic 2008. I can't do it because I've only been back for a month or so - but someone who has been here all year can take that idea.

I demand you do it! haha

Gavin Luper
13th November 2008, 03:19 AM
*points the finger at someone else*

But yes, I agree, that could be a cool addition to our end-of-year e-zine issues.

PancaKe
13th November 2008, 08:54 PM
well I know I'm definitely doing a backtrack with the gold i found in the archive forum and even in this forum from like, 2004 and stuff. There is so much good stuff out there!

Yay!

Gavin Luper
26th November 2008, 05:53 AM
I've done my interview for the spotlight. It just needs some touching up and I'll be able to submit it for the December 'Zine.

:waycool:

PancaKe
24th February 2009, 03:32 AM
I will write something! Don't know if i'll make this issue though. Lots of interviewing to be done!