PDA

View Full Version : Quest to the Pokemon World Championships!!

Girafarig
1st May 2003, 04:12 PM
Hey, this is my first fic, so it's probally not too good, but oh well...

Chapter One-

"Chim, Chim, Chimecho! Chim, Chim, Chimecho!", the clock shrieked. "Aw, crap shut up", I sleepily said. I, Samuel Coffin, was waking up to what would be a normal day, had it been that I wasn't getting my first Pokemon today. But, I was, and I didn't want to be late, so I scrambled into a T-shirt and shorts, sprinted downstairs, and gulped down two slices of bacon, some scrambled eggs, and a piece of toast.

"Whoah, son, you sure are hungry! Don't choke on your big day! Oh dear, hehehe!", my mother jokingly said.

"Come on mom", I said, mouth filled with food, "I gotta get to the lab before they take all the Pokemon!"

"Fine, fine, let's go.", my mom chimed in. "Get in the car!"

We drove all the way to the lab. Even though my hometown, Littleroot Town, was very small, it still had the major Pokemon lab of Hoenn. At the head of it all was Professor David Birch.

"Oh, my little boy, growing up, getting his own Pokemon! Ohhh, I'll miss you so much! I hope to see you at the Pokemon World Championship!!!!!! Goodbye, and goodluck!", my mom wailed, sqeezing the breath out of me.

"Ack, ack, I'm twelve, Mom! I'll be fine... Ack, ack, let go, can't breathe!!!", I barely coughed out.

Inside the lab, I looked around. Scientists were everywhere, studying, reorginizing, and typing. Suddenly a voice came out of nowhere.

"Hello, young fellow, are you Samuel?", he queried.

"Huh? Oh uh, yes. You must be Professor Birch.", I replied.

"Yes, yes I am. You are here for a Pokemon, I presume?" I nodded.

"Good, good, come here please. There are many choices for you! Here are the Pokemon you can choose: Torchic, Charmander, Cyndaquil, Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Mudkip, Totodile, Squirtle, Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Pidgey, Spearow, Tailow, or Shroomish!"

I pondered it over. "Hmm... Shroomish looks interesting, so I'll take it!" The professor gave over a Pokeball and a Pokedex.

"Good luck!", he said, with a wave, and I walked off. "Wait, trainer!", a scientist said. "Here, take five Pokeballs to use for catching Pokemon!!" I thanked him, and went on.

I walked through a meadow with many wildflowers along the road. Looking for Pokemon, I searched through a tall patch of grass. Suddenly, I thought I heard something hiss in the grass. "Sssssevpier! Vi, viper!" A large purple snake with a malicious looking tail slithered out.

I held out my Pokedex to it. "Seviper, the Fank Snake Pokemon", it bleeped. "This Pokemon uses its sword-like tail to inject poison into its opponents. It has a bloodfeud with Zangoose."

"Okay, a Pokemon's a Pokemon! Goooooo SHROOMISH!" I hurled a Pokeball at it, and my Shroomish popped out. "Shroo, shroomish!!", it cried. "Shroomish, Absorb" Shroomish fired out a green energy beam at Seviper, draining some of it's life force. "Se, seVIPER!!!!", it shrieked, lunging at Shroomish with its fangs.

"Shroomish, Leech Seed!" Shroomish fired some seeds at Seviper, which latched on, sucking more of its energy. Seviper hissed, and fell on the ground. "Go, Pokeball", I yelled. The Pokeball enclosed around it, shaking. For a few seconds which seemed like an eternity, the Pokeball glowed red, vibrating. Then, it stopped, and I ran and picked it up. "Yeahhhhh!!! I CAUGHT SEVIPER!!!!!", I jubilantly yelled. "Shroo, Shroomish!", my Shroomish chirped.