PDA

View Full Version : Lapras Valley High II - Shadows

PancaKe
20th April 2003, 03:01 AM
I know you guys have been waiting for this for a while so here it is. The very first chapter of Lapras Valley High 2. You can still access the origional LVH1 in the Fanfic Archive so for those who may get a tad confused, and who have trouble understanding my bad summary then you can go ahead and read all 38 chapters of LVH1. But for now here is LVH2 - Shadows.

~Mist

Lapras Valley High II ~ Shadows of the Night

Chapter One – Introducing... Suspicion

“Do you think that you could get out of the pool now?” Fury began her round of complaining for the day by sitting by the pool and looking in. Ashley was at one end of the in-ground water hole; I was at the other with the water with the volleyball in my hand. Ashley looked ready, and with a swing of my fist I hit the ball over the net and into her waters.

“Fury chill okay?” I replied, diving for the ball and hitting it back over the net where it landed in Ashley’s water. “We’re on holiday. Let us have some fun please.”

“In the water?” Fury raised an eyebrow. “I remember one pool you hated.”

“Don’t bring that up okay?” I snapped back. Fury was referring to the pool in the back yard of Lady Blastoise, our long hated enemy. Before I had the life, the free life, I was living practically under her dictation. She hated Fury and I. She wanted our lives to be hell.

Only last year had we finally kicked her *** and gotten our life back. It was actually a lot like a soapie that you would watch on TV. To sum up my whole life, I used to live in an orphanage. My parents were killed by a werewolf, that same werewolf was Lady Blastoise. I became a werewolf yet I never wanted to join the pack seeing I had Fury and Ashley around. Lady Blastoise was the leader of the pack, her werewolf name being Canis. Lady Blastoise had a theory, if my life were hell I’d want to stay with the pack and not try to avoid being with them.

I was called to stay at her mansion while living in the orphanage one time, and she made it as bad as it could be, forcing Fury to swim laps of her Olympic sized swimming pool everyday until she almost died. A member of the pack, who was pretty high ranked, had tried to warn me and stop me from being there and get me to run away. That was Nafeti, or Jackie as I now know her as. She is the principal of Lapras Valley High, which explained why she knew so much about me on the first day.

A few years after that I hated her and she hated me, I was told that the orphanage of Quagsire Heights which is where I lived, was shutting down. And I could either live with Lady Blastoise or go to a school called Lapras Valley High. Guess which one I chose.

Ashley accompanied us there a week later where we made many friends and formed a close circle of friends including Nayia, Martin, Craig, Kayla, Spike and Greg. Lady Blastoise became a teacher at the school and haunted me all year with sly tactics and hell for class. Jackie was a great principal, she seemed to understand where we were all coming from. I found out at the end of the year that she was Nafeti and she helped explain a lot that was confusing.

The war between Lady Blastoise and I raged on all year, with her trying such tactics as punishing my friends, then attacking Fury, my Vulpix whose stuck by me for as long as I can remember, and attacking Greg. The final straw was when she organized a class outing on a full moon night, hoping to expose me for what I was.

That was a night of hell and war. For about an hour and a half I ran, trying to get a head start out of there before sundown. My friends joined me just as I ran into Lady Blastoise and just as I was changing into a werewolf. Lady Blastoise sent out her pokemon, and a big battle formed, which ended in a mass of tired pokemon. Lady Blastoise knew my weakness, my friends.

And so they became the target. They were chased through Shady Thicket, the forest behind Lapras Valley High, by an evil demon spirit which managed to stab Kayla in the back and almost kill her. But she came back to life in the early morning. Lady Blastoise’s slave, or maybe you might call him a traitor seeing he hung out with us for most of the year, hung back. Blaron Haystacker was shot in the head just so Lady Blastoise could prove that she was being serious.

Lady Blastoise transformed later, fought with me for the rest of the night until the sun rose. Ashley picked up her gun after she transformed and shot her when she was human and I guess long story short we kicked ***. But it was a very twisted tale and personally, I was looking forward to a less twisted year.

“Fury why don’t you hang out with Sugar for a while?” Ashley suggested, serving me the ball. I dived for it and hit it back where it neatly landed behind Ashley.

“Yeah,” Fury shrugged. She got up to leave. “We’ll be wandering around bored okay?”

“Fine,” I replied, serving the volleyball.

Dinner was served. Jackie’s relative, whether it be cousin or aunty or sister (I didn’t remember), was a fantastic cook. On the table was laid out a big feast, it looked delicious. Sitting down, we waited for the okay from Jackie and her relative Susan to start eating.

“Enjoy this meal,” Susan beamed. “It’s your last one here.”

“What?” Ashley asked, surprised.

“We’re leaving tomorrow,” Jackie explained. “Didn’t I tell you? Remember I have to be at school two weeks early? So you can hang out there.”

“Do we have to?” Fury whined. I began to eat as much as I could, Susan cooked great food compared to the cafeteria ladies and I knew that for the next two weeks we would be living off instant noodles and frozen dinners.

“Yeah,” Jackie nodded. “If I could I would dump you guys on Susan for the next two weeks then you could catch the train from here but there isn’t any train lines that run to this neck of the woods. They have train lines in Amber South but that’s about half an hour from here.”

“So we’re being hauled with you,” Ashley concluded. “Its okay, we don’t mind. It should be fun. Having the whole school to ourselves.”

“Just don’t go round ruining rooms okay?” Jackie instructed. “We don’t allow sex at school but some people still might have rubber down the bottom of their draws. Get what I mean?”

I grinned. Jackie was a great principal, down to earth and laid back. She liked her school that way, and everybody pretty much went by the rules. The rules weren’t easy to break either unless you wanted to spray paint a whole classroom wall or smash a window. Then there would be serious outrage coming from Jackie.

When she wants to she can get mean. But she’s really level and cool and takes care of Ashley and I like we’re her best friends. She has a lot of concern for Fury and I. She understands the type of torture we’ve been through, she experienced a small share of it too when Lady Blastoise and I had our showdown. She is really cool, and she’s like an older sister to me. I already have a best friend.

It’s pretty obvious that Ashley is my best friend. She is just one of a kind, really calming and understanding and she is kind of hard to describe. She’s just Ashley. Basically this means that while she is quiet, calm, understanding she is also great fun when she wants to be. But she can sympathize very well; she’s had a lot of it hanging around me.

Fury on the other hand has been hanging around me for ages, about as long as Ashley has, but there are many things to be said about Fury. She is tough, rough, a fighter. She’s like an overcooked steak (Susan’s steaks were always great!) with a side dish of sarcastic rice. Tough and sarcastic but that’s only how she appears. She seems to know the solution to every problem as if it’s the simplest thing in the world. She’s really smart and knows everything about me.

Fury is my first and only pokemon. She’s stronger than most of the pokemon in our grade due to intense struggles for survival in the wild and plenty of experience. She was so brave and strong, I admired her for that. Also she could talk. I don’t particularly have an explanation for that, all I know is that she’s been able to do that for as long as I’ve known her and I’m not sure why. But I hadn’t been bothered to ask her.

“And Sal, if your still listening we’ll have to be packing tonight,” Jackie continued talking. I snapped back to reality and grinned sheepishly. “So get packing as soon as you finish your meal okay?”

“Yeah.” I kept eating, shoving the food into my mouth. Without the cafeteria ladies at the canteen for a few weeks it’d be all two-minute noodles and fast food from now on.

The moonlight reflected off the still water of the pool, each ripple dancing the rays of light along the liquid mass. The night was clear, with the moon shining down, lighting the backyard of Susan’s house. It was a nice place, it would be a pity to leave so soon. I looked around the yard, a few trees planted over by the fence, with a nest of annoying Spearow that screeched in the early hours of the morning. The lawn had been mowed thanks to yours truly earlier this afternoon, and now was a neat short length. I let my eyes move across the beauty the moonlight gave to the simple backyard, wishing that I wouldn’t have to leave. Part of me wanted to go back but I wanted to stay here, the food was great and Susan was a lovely person.

Snapping my eyes back to the pool, I looked from the reflection of the sky up to the real thing, searching for what I had just seen. A shadow had shot straight over the backyard, quite a large shadow as well. It had gone in a flash but I could have sworn I saw it.

Thinking I must have been imagining, I kept my eyes on the sky just in case. A pair of wet hands suddenly clasped my neck, causing me to jump a mile. “Ashley don’t!” I gasped in surprise. “I almost fell out the window!”

“Sorry,” Ashley smiled. “What are you doing?” she asked.

“Just looking out the window,” I answered.

“Have you packed?” I shook my head. “We have to leave tomorrow morning,” Ashley reminded. I shrugged.

“So?” I turned around and faced her. Dim light came up through the attic door, half lighting the room. “I’ll pack. I don’t have much anyway.” As I talked, out the corner of my eye something large moved across the yard. I spun around and stuck my head out the window searching the sky for what I saw. “Did you see that?” I asked Ashley.

“See what?” Ashley replied.

“That big shadow,” I answered, withdrawing my head from the window. “That’s twice tonight I saw a large shadow going over the house.”

“Maybe you’re just tired and your eyes are playing tricks on you,” Ashley suggested, trying to come up for a valid excuse for the suspected insanity she sensed. She walked over and stuck her head out the window into the still air of the night. “I don’t see anything,” she announced. “We should go to bed, you’re probably tired and that’s what you probably saw.”

I shrugged. I may have been tired but I wasn’t going to agree to that excuse. I knew what I saw and it wasn’t an illusion, no matter what anybody said.

“No can’t you see!” Jackie growled into the phone. “Look, the students are allowed to come in two weeks and just because you want to go on a holiday with some guy you’ll dump right after anyway it doesn’t mean you can dump your child on me. She’s your child!” Jackie spun around in her chair, and took a sip of her drink, most likely to be alcoholic. “I don’t care! If you wanted to have sex then this is the consequence. Nothing I can do here. You may send your daughter here in two weeks. Goodbye.”

A slam echoed the office as Jackie forced the phone onto its hook with rage. She took a large sip of her drink and placed the neatly shaped bottle on the desk. She sighed. The first two weeks back before others arrived was always hectic. There was always the work to be done that hadn’t been done on her laptop, waiting for her when she returned.

“At least I don’t have to put up with the worst ones all the time,” Jackie reassured herself, thoughts of Ashley, Fury and I appearing.

“It’s so empty in the school without everybody else,” Ashley commented. “Makes you feel like you’re in one of those weird dreams where you get locked in the school over the holidays.”

“I’m off,” Fury announced, getting up. “I think I’m going to go and take a wander around the school. That should be even more entertaining than this.”

“Bored Fury?” I raised my eyebrows at Fury’s sarcastic comments. Fury shot me a look, plainly asking how dumb I really was. I poked my tongue out at her and she walked out the room, Sugar following behind her. “It is sort of dull around without Nayia and Kayla and Martin and Greg and Craig and Spike and everybody else who I forgot,” I commented.

Ashley smiled. “Yeah, it’d be so nice if dear Teresa was here to cheer us up,” she joked.

I glared at her, smiling at the same time. “You *****.” Ashley began to laugh and so did I. It was that time of the year, nothing to do, nothing on TV but reruns and soapies, and even though I enjoyed the company of Fury and Ashley and Jackie, I did wish everybody else would return. I’d changed so much, yet I hoped that they hadn’t changed at all.

“It’s so different here,” Fury stated, looking around at the dancing sunlight streaming in between the branches, creating patterns of negative shapes scattered across the floor. Sugar nodded in agreement, and tried her hardest at a little game where she wouldn’t step in any shapes of sunlight.

“Remember last year?” Fury asked. Sugar stopped her game and looked at Fury, scared. Sugar only remembered a small portion of the events that had taken place in Shady Thicket the year before, the horrific battle between pokemon, the pain she had endured, and finally the last look at Fury’s face while she was being recalled. The look of fear blazing in the depths of Fury’s raven pupils.

Sugar shuddered and nodded. “Yeah I remember,” she answered, yet only Fury could understand her words. She spoke in her Eevee language, and even though Fury could speak a language both humans and pokemon understood, it was only possible for the other pokemon of the area to speak their own tongue. “Don’t remind me please.”

“Sorry,” Fury apologized. Fury tended to not be as sarcastic around Sugar, perhaps the reason being that Sugar was one of Fury’s closest pokemon friends. “Hey do you reckon that Nixie will evolve this year?”

“I don’t know,” Sugar responded. “I haven’t evolved, you haven’t evolved.”

“I don’t want to evolve,” Fury stubbornly interrupted. “I’m staying like this until I’m dead and buried.”

“Hey look over there,” Sugar suddenly pointed through the trees and over to where two fox pokemon stood, talking to one another, glancing at Fury and Sugar every now and then. “Why are they looking at us?”

“I don’t know…” Fury replied slowly, in a low voice. The two Vulpix across from them were both male, obviously. They continued their conversation, looking at Fury, who looked back at them with an even gaze. With a nudge from one, the other Vulpix stumbled his way over to Fury and Sugar.

“…Hi…” he greeted in a forced manner. Fury looked him over. His fringe was wild and a light golden brown color, unlike Fury’s dark orange one. His eyes were bright brown and his fur was a light peach orange. The other one sensed that he was in an awkward position and ran over. Fury sized him up also. His fringe and tail hair was chocolate brown, and his eyes showed hazel, with vivid dancing greens and browns. His fur was a dark peach color yet his chest fur was light cream, which also covered his toes.

These Vulpix were different, Fury could tell. Her theory was that this is what the Vulpix of Shady Thicket looked like, different to the city furs of reds and oranges and pinks. “What’s with you staring at us?” Fury asked.

“Um… nothing…” the second Vulpix laughed at the nervousness of the first.

“Well what the hell are your names then?” Fury demanded. “And I don’t appreciate being stared at without knowing the reason why so you can freaking tell me that too.”

The guys looked a bit taken back by her sudden outburst. They would have to get used to the rough attitude she contained. “I’m Rokon,” the first Vulpix introduced himself. “And this is…”

The second Vulpix interrupted Rokon rudely. “I’m Hellfire,” he winked. “But you can call me Hell.”

“Shut up!” Rokon hit his friend. “His name is Goupix.”

“Goupix?” Fury raised an eyebrow. Sugar coughed, trying to politely cover up any giggles. “Were your parents hippies or something?”

“No,” Goupix scowled. “Shut up. It just means Vulpix in Russian or German or something.” Goupix continued his frown. “And I suppose you have a better name,” he shot back.

“I’m Fury and this is Sugar,” Fury introduced. “And yes our names are better than Goupix.”

“Sounds like you have trainer names,” Goupix commented. Rokon seemed quieter now that Goupix had began talking. Fury studied Rokon’s expression, the way he just watched on and let Goupix take the lead. He seemed shyer, yet he had something about him. It might have been the way the light struck his fur, and cast the shadows mysteriously across his face. Fury couldn’t tell.

“Yeah we’re trained,” Sugar replied. “It’s not really a big deal. My trainer is really nice and so is Fury’s. And even though I have a trainer name it’s really okay.”

“My name isn’t a trainer name anyway,” Fury interrupted. “I don’t remember how I was named but I’ve always been known as Fury.”

“Right…” Goupix trailed off. “So what’s your trainers name?”

“Oh we have separate trainers,” Sugar answered. Rokon suddenly pricked his ears, attentive to the answer. “My trainer’s name is Ashley Lien and –“

“And oh my gosh look at the time,” Fury suddenly exclaimed, looking up at the sky. It was mid afternoon, and the sun was shining down on the group with bright light, even if it was blocked by the trees leafy canvas. “We have to go now sorry, nice meeting you.” Fury turned and began to run away quickly. Sugar said her farewells and followed after the speedy Fury.

Rokon looked at Goupix in confusion, hoping that his friend would have some theory of explanation. “What was that for?” he asked.

Goupix kept his stare fixed on the dashing Fury and Sugar. “That’s the one we were looking for,” he announced in a steady voice. “She’s the Fury.”

=+=+=+=+=

Next Time on Lapras Valley High

She’s been through it, she knows what its like. But what’ll happen when she sees somebody going through it as well?

If they’re younger than her?

I looked up. The shabby hotel had many open windows, but one particularly caught my eye. The cool breeze blew through the deserted street of Lapras Valley, carrying with it a shrill voice that pierced whatever calmness I had. The window was open, and anybody could see straight in to the curtain less window. A small boy, suspected age to be around twelve, stumbled through the room, followed by a raging teenage girl.

I would know that face anywhere.

It doesn’t seem to be turning into a good day for Sal today.

“Who the hell do you think you are to treat somebody younger than you like that?” I shouted, angered at the sight I had seen. The boy ran and grabbed his Azurill and holding the small creature to his chest ran into the far corner of the room, watching with a black eye and a cut cheek.

The whole world doesn’t revolve around Sal though, what ever happened to Fury and her friends?

“Sugar, you know those Vulpix we met yesterday?” Fury asked Sugar, who turned to look at her with curiosity. “This is only a hunch but I think they’re up to something big.”

Chapter Two: Different Side

Sailor Scorpio
20th April 2003, 03:10 AM
finally the long awaited lapras valley high 2 cant wait to see what happens, i hope it will get good hey tara

Powarun
20th April 2003, 10:31 AM
Good job Mist, I knew you would make a sequel. The two Vulpix will take another major roll in this one right. Maybe another pack or something.

Craig
20th April 2003, 01:49 PM
duuuude

A conspiracy of Vulpix? Thats awesome. Aynways, this fic is awesome..yes..it is, its very awesome.. it reminded me to keep doing my fic that I was doing, even though its..a prequel to this one..yea.. Uhm.. yea:)

Jon UKX
20th April 2003, 03:07 PM
Great first chapter Mist (Can I call you Tara please and I'll let you call me Jon) though I wonder if the villian (or villianess) is going to be worse than Lady Blastoise.

Snakes N' Legends
20th April 2003, 04:31 PM
Sorry, I have been kind of ignoring the Fanfic portion. Whenever I read "To be a Master" by Mr. Mayor, there is always a error that pops up. LVHII is interesting. Why would those Vulpixs care about Fury? Something tells me that maybe there are family or we haven't seen the last of Lady Blastoise. Oh by the way ...

My parents were killed by a werewolf, that same werewolf was Lady Blastoise. I became a werewolf yet I never wanted to join the pack seeing I had Fury and Ashley around. Lady Blastoise was the leader of the pack, her werewolf name being Canis.

... in this section of the first chapter, Sal says she is a werewolf but in LVH, she calls herself a were-pokemon. I kind of found that interesting that you switched from Were-Pokemon to Werewolf. Oh, did you know that Lycanthrope is anothe term for werewolf? Found that out in "The Socerer's Companion." It is a book that quides you through all the mystical things in Harry Potter. It is really a good read. Check it out.

I am babbling on again. Sorry!!! Keep up the good work, Tara or Mist.

mistysakura
20th April 2003, 07:14 PM
Back again.

This is already looking pretty good. Love those shadows. I have a feeling those two vulpix will evolve and be all sophisticated and cynic and all that. Or is it just the Lady B. effect?

Sorry, I'm babbling on again, I'll shut up now.

“No can’t you see!” Jackie growled into the phone. “Look, the students are allowed to come in two weeks and just because you want to go on a holiday with some guy you’ll dump right after anyway it doesn’t mean you can dump your child on me. She’s your child!” Jackie spun around in her chair, and took a sip of her drink, most likely to be alcoholic. “I don’t care! If you wanted to have sex then this is the consequence. Nothing I can do here. You may send your daughter here in two weeks. Goodbye.”

My favourit paragraph in the chapter.

mr_pikachu
20th April 2003, 08:24 PM
Sorry for not replying, but I've been gone for awhile. Great chapter! The summaries were a bit confusing, so most of us are probably going to have to scan through LVHI again. The volleyball scene was jumbled in my view (did Ashley ever even touch the ball?) but it's so minor that it's trivial and unimportant to the value of the chapter.

I have to wonder just what it is that Fury is known for. "The Fury"? What has she done that we don't know about? And please don't make it a Harry Potterish thing, with her parents being famous or something. Once is enough for that plotline. But I guess I can't tell you how to run your fic, can I?

Well, again, nice work, and keep it going! Let's see if the sequel can live up to expectations! (As if it won't!)

Oh, and congrats on the mod status! You deserve it!

Last Exile
21st April 2003, 03:01 AM
Entertaining opening chapter. Sounds like Sal's going to meet someone who's just like she was. I like those kind of scenarios. I suspect eather the werepokemon pack is after Sal once more or that LB ain't dead after all.

EDIT: Sorry about what I put in my sig last week. It's gone, along with the rest of it. Will never say anything like that again. Hope the new sig amuses you. And if you want to burn my carcass to a crisp, I'll give you and Gabi my address. ;)

Andrew
21st April 2003, 10:38 PM
Well well well... another thread to close ;) Heh, I should do that for fun one day! Or change the title.. but that'd be evil... GOOD IDEA!

*Skims Backtracking* Hee, pooling it! I wonder if Sugar'll become a Vaporeon...

Seems Susan was happy to see the terrible trio leave. And Amber Lines a 1/2 hour car trip. Do these people have a fear of travelling in a car that long ~)~ Idiots. I think perhaps Sal should get another Pokemon to reflect her softer side, *Shrugs* something fierce that ends up being a real big whimp.

Ha! Jackie's phone call was hillarious, but really would a fee paying parent send their child back to THAT principle. The love intrest/evil Vulpixes were cool. Go Fury, go find you a man! *Sees fury tackle one of them dowN* Hee!

Oh well its all starting up again, how long do you predict this to be?

PancaKe
22nd April 2003, 03:38 AM
Hee! ^_^

Rob: Hey. No I'm not posting chap 2 until next week becuz I'm too lazy. so stop bugging me on MSN. :P

Powarun: ^_^ maybe ... or maybe not. Only those who were in the LVH 2 RPG have a slight idea about Rokon and Goupix. Cuz I used them in the LVH 2.

Craig: Aren't conspiricies like aliens? lol I dont really know what a conspiricy is.

Jon: I dun care. Call me what you want. As long as its sensible. No Poo Monkey action happening. Nah seriously go ahead and call me Tara. Anybody can! MY NAME IS TARA WORLD! (World isn't my last name.)

SnL: Well I cant say why the Vulpix are there... or why theyre' so interested... my secret. And as for the werewolf thing, I just got sick of writing werepokemon so I changed it to werewolf. Its basically the same though, she turns into a Ninetales still n stuff.

MistySakura: Lol the Lady Blastoise Effect. Bum ba bum makes it sound more scary than it is. I dont know ^_^ And I loved that paragraph 2! I laughed when I wrote it.

Mr Pikachu: and where the ehck did you get "her parents are famous from?!" That plot line sucks. Basically Fury is just her name. I may want to explain it later. And yeah I know that the summary was hideous. Because it made sense the first time i wrote it so I deided to just leave it cuz I was lazy.

Rayn: What do you mean about Sal meeting somebody who is like she was? ^_^ I kinda am confused. And dont worry about what was in your sig. It was pretty cool but just a bit surprising dat all.

Andy: You close my thread I close your butt. They did that on Jackass - pierced Steve-O's butt cheeks together and closed his hole. XD Neways, I dont know if Sugar will evolve or not so nyahhh! XD @ Fury's man. I dont know ! Dont think she'll go for them. I duno

Neway gotta work on the next chapters. I'll post chapter 2 when I come back from kyckstart on Sunday night.

Bai!

~Mist

Drusilla
22nd April 2003, 01:19 PM
Excellentness! I await the next chapter. Sorry bout mine... I really really have NO TIME anymore with my stuff... and I'm about to start my own website of Ghoulscouting in my city. It's gonna be coolies, keep ya posted. (A Ghoulscout is a Murderdolls fan FYI)
Cheers

PancaKe
24th April 2003, 08:39 AM
Okay, i'm going away for the weekned and then i wont be on next week due to school coming back, homework, and band practice, so lyk here's chapter two.

~Mist

Lapras Valley High II ~ Shadows

Chapter Two ~ A Different Side

Same time a new day it seemed. Ashley had decided that seeing people were coming back in a week she would see if she could give Jackie a hand, who had been looking stressed lately. And Jackie was never stressed. There must have been a PRS as well as a PMS. Pre Return of Students.

Alone I was left, after being refused a walk into Lapras Valley by Ashley who had decided to start helping Jackie straight away and see if she could make her day any better. Solitary walks were always nice, I figured it would be nice to spend some time with Fury but she surprisingly refused to walk with me into Lapras Valley. Said she had something to find out.

The streets of main Lapras Valley were packed with Japanese tourists and other visitors to the popular summertime vacation area. The streets were too crowded, and not that I was agoraphobic or anything, it was just that it was too crowded, with cameras flashing here and there and it was impossible to breathe anyway. I looked around for a quiet street linking to any other street aside from Main Street. There were many alleyways, and I looked down them to see if they connected to any streets.

When a shadow moved. It slunk across the wall as if it were running away from something. The shadow reminded me of that night a week and a half ago now, where I stood in the attic. It was so peaceful until the shadows started to sneak.

This one acted as if it had something to hide, and whatever it belonged to I had to know, I had to find out. I pushed and squeezed my way though the crowd on Main Street into the alleyway and ran down to the other end, emerging into what looked like a cleaner version of Quagsire Heights. Well every town had their ****ville street.

The shadow had disappeared, but at least this street was empty. It was lined with large brick buildings, with different signs on each one. One read “6 A – F” in large red letters, while a bar/motel building read “Strip Club”. Every city had a strip club.

As I walked, the buildings blocked out most of the commotion down on Main Street, causing this street to be much quieter. That is how I heard the cry. It wasn’t a loud scream for help, but it was defiantly a cry of pain. I had given too many of my own to know what one sounded like.

I looked up. The shabby hotel had many open windows, but one particularly caught my eye. The cool breeze blew through the deserted street of Lapras Valley, carrying with it a shrill voice that pierced whatever calmness I had. The window was open, and anybody could see straight in to the curtain less window. A small boy, suspected age to be around twelve, stumbled through the room, followed by a raging teenage girl.

I would know that face anywhere.

But the one question remained, what would Teresa be doing here this early? School didn’t start for another half a week and why would she be staying at such a hotel? But despite the fact those questions weren’t answered, I barged right into the hotel lobby and up the stairs. I could hear Teresa shrieking her brains off at the poor child, making it easier to find her.

The door had been left open to their room. Teresa was standing there, fishnet stockings and short skirt with a short top showing her midriff. At least now I knew how she was affording this dump of a room.

“And you think that you can just do whatever you want?” Teresa continued her outrage. “Well I don’t think so! I work damn hard to afford this because that ***** we call mum kicked us out of her home!”

“It was only for two weeks,” the little child replied. But the fear in the boy’s eyes was enough to drive me over the edge.

“And how hard have you been working?” I asked Teresa. She turned around and glared at me, preparing another yelling insult.

“What the hell are you doing in here?” she demanded. I was sick of her, sick to death.

“Who the hell do you think you are to treat somebody younger than you like that?” I shouted, angered at the sight I had seen. The boy ran and grabbed his Azurill and holding the small creature to his chest ran into the far corner of the room, watching with a black eye and a cut cheek.

“Mind your own business Sal,” Teresa snapped. “This aint none of your business, so just piss right out of here understand?”

“I’m not going anywhere until you stop hurting this kid,” I yelled.

“You’re getting out of here!” Teresa shouted back.

“I’m not leaving,” I replied. “Not even if you come over to whip me with your skank whip.”

You could see Shady Thicket’s long extending body from the top of Solaria Tower. It spread across like mould on cheese; it was never ending. It was so beautiful, but Fury had to agree that it is a pity in some cases that beauty is only skin deep. The Shady Thicket was the perfect example. The horrors that occurred within the mask of trees and elegant bushes were ones that I wanted to erase from my mind forever.

The stairs of the attic creaked behind Fury, and she turned around to come face to face with the bright eyes of Sugar. “Oh hi Sugar,” Fury grinned, beginning to breathe again from her sudden act of shock.

Sugar poked her tongue out at Fury. “I scared you didn’t I?” She teased.

“Nah you didn’t,” Fury scoffed as if the idea were impossible. “So how come you’re here? Shouldn’t you be helping Ashley?”

“I was but there wasn’t anything to do,” Sugar answered. She began talking on about what Ashley was doing to help Jackie. Fury’s attention turned to the window and back to the goings on in Shady Thicket.

“Sugar, you know those Vulpix we met yesterday?” Fury asked Sugar, who turned to look at her with curiosity. “This is only a hunch but I think they’re up to something big.”

“You think badly of people and pokemon a bit too much,” Sugar replied sympathetically. “Just give them a chance. I seriously think that Rokon liked you. That’s why he was so nervous.”

“Liked me?” Fury spat disbelievingly. “Heck no.”

“Come on, you’re a very attractive city Vulpix,” Sugar winked. “I’m sure a forest Vulpix wouldn’t mind a wild city slicker.” She nudged Fury with her paw, laughing at Fury’s angered look.

“You have two seconds to be quiet,” Fury threatened.

“Hey didn’t you and Muska have a thing going on last year?” Sugar questioned, ignoring the warning that Fury gave.

Fury glared, then began to smile. “No,” she grinned. “We’re just good friends and even if we did dance at every disco and party it doesn’t matter. I don’t think that we can be compatible for mating anyway.”

“Why?” Sugar raised her eyebrows. “Wanna get drunk?”

“Chill Sugar,” Fury laughed. “I’m not liking any pokemon, not Muska, not Rokon, not Goupix, not any. I don’t want a mate anyway.”

“Okay it’s cool,” Sugar relaxed. A few seconds later, after Sugar shut up, she piped up again. “Then can I have him?”

“WHAT?!” Fury exclaimed.

“Come on, he’s a really cool Vulpix, he’s cute, got attitude, and besides, he’s really straight forward.”

“Are we talking about Rokon or Goupix here? Or Muska?” Fury looked at Sugar strangly.

She looked shocked. “Goupix of course! What a spunky name!”

“Everybody has their dark side,” Fury began seriously. “I’m beginning to think this is yours.”

“Just get out,” Teresa ordered furiously. “Get out of the apartment and get out of my life! At least until we get back to Lapras Valley High.”

“Leave the boy alone though okay?” I told her. I took a deep breath. This young boy shouldn’t see us have a punch up, even if my desires were to take the nearest stool and shove it neatly up her… nose.

“Mind your own business,” Teresa yelled at me, completely loosing any grip she had in the first place.

“Leave the boy alone and I’ll leave,” I replied quietly. Without my aggression she was becoming more annoyed and pissed off. I had a different strategy, and it was quite fun using it. From the corner, clutching the small Azumarill still, the boy peered out and took a look at me, then at the angry face on his sister.

“Fine get out,” Teresa hissed. The phone rang and she snatched it up. It was a wonder she could find it in such a cluttered messy room. “Hellooo,” she purred.

I signaled to the boy to come over with me and I grabbed his arm and pulled him outside into the hallway, which was about as messy as the room, if not worse. “Look, kid,” I began. “I’m not gonna hurt you or anything, I just hate Teresa. Don’t let her push you around okay?”

The kid nodded, quite frightened. “Okay,” he replied.

“Are you coming to Lapras Valley High?” I asked him. He nodded as a response. “Okay don’t worry about anything okay, you’ll be in year 7 or 8 right? Just don’t worry, she cant attack you there anyway.”

The kid nodded and I left him. I don’t know what came over me, perhaps it was a side of me even I hadn’t seen. But it sort of scared me, half of me was frightened by it. The other half of me was glowing with happiness.

“What are these papers here for?” Ashley asked, carrying a stack of folders and papers from the desk into the storeroom. It was a hidden room, but contained about fifty filing cabinets and lots of storage spaces. And at the moment it was very messy.

“Oh those,” Jackie looked back at Ashley’s pile. “They’re the profiles of people who are coming to the school this year. They go in those filing cabinets over there.”

“So all these filing cabinets are the people in our grade?” Ashely asked.

“Each grade has a filing cabinet,” Jackie explained. “All you have to do is sort the files into alphabetical order and place them in their right places.”

“Okay,” Ashley nodded, understanding. She looked at Jackie, who looked quite frazzled, her hair was becoming very messy and her eyes had dark rings underneath. “You look stressed, go out and get yourself a coffee or something,” Ashley told Jackie.

“You’ll be right without me?” Jackie asked.

“Sure, go ahead,” Ashley grinned. “I think I can manage.”

“Thanks Ash,” Jackie sighed. “You’ve been a big help today. I cant believe I only gave myself two weeks to do all this work.”

“You’re wasting time,” Ashley told her. “Shoo, go and have a break.”

“Thanks Ashley,” Jackie thanked and walked out the room. Ashley sighed and went back to filing. Many of the files belonged to the new grade, year 7, all the new kids arriving, but many were also people winning scholarships and of course there were those who were transferring schools.

She flicked through the files, sorting and placing until she came to one. “Year 9” it stated inside, belonging in our filing cabinet. “Toby Logan,” she whispered as she read. Opening the filing cabinet she shoved Toby’s file in there, resisting temptations to look at my file and hers. She knew what she’d find in our files anyway but she was desperate to see what Jackie had in our files.

“Sally Anne McGregor,” Ashley spoke to herself unknowingly. She pulled out my file and opened it up. There was a stupid photo that they had taken of me in the orphanage, and a photo from last years school photos. At the top of the page my name, age and background was listed.

In red texta a word had been scribbled across the page.

“Reishe – Werewolf”

“People start arriving the day after tomorrow,” Jackie told us over dinner, store-bought chicken and chips from the corner store. “It’s a good thing those tourist people cleared out a while ago.”

“So it’s been two weeks already?” Ashley commented, eyebrows raised.

“Time flies fast doesn’t it?” Fury’s sarcasm was hidden under her breath but I could still hear it.

“So tomorrow the cleaners are coming back and so are the kitchen people,” Jackie continued. “So just get lost for the day, that okay with you guys?”

“Fine with me,” I shrugged.

Jackie looked at me and frowned. “I had something to tell you…” she began. “Ah yes! The night after next, its full moon. You can camp out if you want, I’ll just tell people that you’re helping me or something.”

“I’m okay,” I shrugged. “They all know anyway.”

Jackie raised an eyebrow. “I suppose they would,” she paused thinking over it. “Seeing most of them were unnecessarily involved in last years ‘incident’. But are they the only ones who know?”

“According to what we know they know what would happen if anybody else was to find out,” Ashley put in. “And I wouldn’t tell. The only thing I can imagine bad happening is if Teresa finds out seeing Lady Blastoise was her Aunt.”

“Good point,” Jackie nodded. “If you guys hear anything that she says come and tell me straight away. I’ll have to find a way to shut her up.”

“Good luck,” I told her. “You’ll be needing lots of it.”

“Fury’s gone again,” I announced to Ashley, who looked out the bathroom door to face me. Her toothbrush was in her foam covered mouth, and she continued her brushing, watching me look for Fury. “If you’re in here and your not coming out I’m going to put you in your pokeball and lock it,” I threatened.

Ashley spat out the toothpaste. “I don’t think she’s here,” she announced, not very helpfully. She gargled her water and spat again, then rinsed the sink. “Sugar do you know where she is?”

Sugar shook her head. I sighed. “This isn’t like her to go out without telling me.” To be honest I was slightly worried. Nothing that I knew of would get the better of her but not knowing where she was especially after eleven thirty was unusual.

“Don’t worry about it,” Ashley advised. “Remember when we were facing Lady Blastoise and how well she handled it? She’ll be right.”

“Yeah I suppose you’re right,” I agreed. “I’m not tired yet, do you want to come with me?” I got off my bed and walked over to the door, pausing to look back at Ashley.

“Where are you going?” she asked. I shrugged in response and Ashley came over to me. “I’ll come.”

It was so dark, without my Vulpix vision I would be blind. But the shapes were still visible thanks to being an animal. I looked around for him. I had reached the spot where we had agreed to meet, but I couldn’t see any sign

It was so dark, anybody walking through would have been blind, but not Fury thanks to her Vulpix night vision. The shapes were still visible to her, she could still make it through without walking into a tree or falling off the edge of a cliff. Fury stopped her walking and looked around, obviously looking for something, or someone.

She sat and waited, her back against the hard bark of a tree, looking around, ears pricked and alert. She couldn’t see whoever she was waiting for but continued waiting. And waited, for probably another five minutes.

“Damn,” Fury cursed under her breath, and ticked off, got up to leave.

“Wait! Fury,” a voice called. Fury turned around, and her anger disappeared, as the owner to the voice came into view.

=+=+=+=+=+=

“Why cant you tell me?” Fury asked, her eyes piercing, searching the eyes of the other she was talking to. “I deserve to know what the big deal about me is.”

Curiosity killed the cat, but it never killed the fox did it? Fury has a right to be curious and she wont stop until she gets some answers.

“I have to warn you about something…”

Can she trust him? Can she take his word for the warning and watch her back more carefully now? What could possibly happen anyway that would be so bad?

“And you’ve known me for sooo long that you know that I’m a whore isn’t that right?” I retorted angrily, glaring up at him. He may have been taller but I’d been around longer than he had.

But what came I wasn’t expecting.

Chapter Three: Fury’s fury

Jon UKX
24th April 2003, 09:11 AM
Great Chapter Tara, though I wonder if LVHII will mainly be about Fury but I think Sal seems to like Teresa's little bro even though she hates Teresa.
Can I ask you something? Do you mind if I can use Lady Blastoise as a reference cos in the next chapter of my fic Skin Deep, Leah, Annie and Jon are discussing is a better villian between Lady Blastoise and my villianess Madame Dussane.
Here is how it would go:

“I think Lady Blastoise could kick Madame Dussane’s *** any day!” said Leah and she smiled as if Madame Dussane had been defeated at that very moment.

“Bull****!” yelled Annie. “All Madame Dussane has to do is get her handgun and shoot Lady B to Kingdom come!”

“Er..Annie,” asked Jon. “Have you ever read Lapras Valley High? because it may occur to you that Lady Blastoise is a WEREWOLF!”

“Actually,” replied Annie. “I have read Lapras Valley High and also Lady Blastoise is a were-POKEMON not a werewolf.”

“Werewolf, Were-pokemon. Same thing.” Said Jon and then he shrugged his shoulders. “But if Sal, a teenage girl who was also a were-pokemon could defeat Lady Blastoise then surely Madame Dussane could kick her ***!”

“Actually, it was Ashley who killed Lady Blastoise.” Replied Annie and she stuck her a tongue at him.

Lady Vulpix
24th April 2003, 01:12 PM
Whoa, 2 whole chapters already! My friends get active when uni keeps me away. *Prints.* I'll be back with a reply tomorrow.

Drusilla
24th April 2003, 04:55 PM
I read it during lunch but ran out of time to reply...
Excellentness! I'm waiting to see if Dru shows up. *crosses fingers*
Intresting... what's Teresa's story now? I mean... woah. o.o Poor kid too...
He he, nice convo between Fury and Sugar too. XD
Later, keep it up...

Snakes N' Legends
24th April 2003, 05:30 PM
Me thinks we will get to see a bit of Fury's past. Why doesn't Fury want a mate? Something tells me that Fury is holding back. Also does Teresa know Sal's secret? Did Lady Blastoise tell her that Sal is a werewolf or is Teresa in the dark? Good chapter, Tara

mr_pikachu
24th April 2003, 07:01 PM
As I said in my first post, I got the idea from Harry Potter. The only thing in your fic that suggested it to me was the line in chapter one where the Vulpix (I don't remember which) asks the other, "Fury? The Fury?" or something along that line. Also, for this chapter, does the boy have an Azurill or an Azumarill? Before the part where Sugar and Fury talk about the two Vulpix, you called it an Azurill, but afterwards you called it an Azumarill. Just wondering. Also, a conspiracy is when a group of people do something in secret that is kept away from another group, whether it is just one person or all of society. Just thought I'd answer your question.

Last Exile
25th April 2003, 01:18 AM
Well, Fury got just as much airtime as Sal did in LVH1 so I don't see any real difference in LVH2 except that there is more substance to Fury's character now. Sal like's Teresa's brother and feels good about doing some good. Who would've thought it possible? :D And why do I get the feeling Ashley is beginning to toe the line of self-destruction? She's beginning to tread a very fine line. Well, shall be interesting. Enjoy the trip, Tara! Don't work TOO hard, but do work hard! :D

Gavin Luper
25th April 2003, 03:20 AM
YAY! My FF is finally back!

I'm really tired at the moment, so I didn't absorb a great deal of the chapters, but this is cool - Rokon and Goupix I mean. Sparks off a whole new curiousity. I'm very interested in how this is going to work.

I really hope the next chapter has everyone returning to school. I can't wait for everyone to come back - Nayia, Martin, Kayla, Craig, Spike and Greg. I wonder if they have changed much?

keep writing (I know you will, but I'll say it as usual!)

Seeya!

mistysakura
25th April 2003, 05:41 AM
'Reishe - Werewolf' is 2 words :D

As usual, great chapter. I seriously thought Teresa's mom was the one who rang up Jackie for a while. then I realized it couldn't be possible.

“Leave the boy alone though okay?” I told her. I took a deep breath. This young boy shouldn’t see us have a punch up, even if my desires were to take the nearest stool and shove it neatly up her… nose.

I'm really starting a 'quotes' section in my posts. Weird.

Lady Vulpix
25th April 2003, 10:41 AM
Wow, lots of surprises! A great start. I'm already looking forward to next chapter. :) Maybe some questions about Fury will finally get their answers? :rolleyes:
Oh, by the way, did you switch to Fury's POV for a moment near the ending? It would be clearer if you stated it some way.
As for Teresa... she couldn't fall lower, could she?

Sailor Scorpio
29th April 2003, 04:33 AM
what a mad chapter i cant wait to see what happens next keep writing tara its getting interesting.

Lady Vulpix
29th April 2003, 02:43 PM
Sailor Scorpio I don't intend to sound mean or anything but written text gets quite annoying when it doesn't have any punctuation don't you think so

EVme15
29th April 2003, 04:07 PM
Wow... I missed a chapter? I told one of you to PM me! ;) j/k, but I did.
Great! Just great! And how you worked the previous story into this one is wonderful. OK, enough with that...
I remember the Vulpix! I remember those from one of the LVH! Once you mentioned they were light-colored I knew that those were from the RPG. ^_^ Lets see how this turns out...

Craig
29th April 2003, 08:53 PM
THis is cool, Hehe Teresa's brother is cool, although the entire "Teresa is a prostitute" thing was a bit pushing it!! :/ Oh well, its cool dawg ( I like wigger speech, its ghetto .. LOL ) Anyways, make more chapters.. :wave:

Oh and for the record, I think Fury should get some luvin later.

PancaKe
8th May 2003, 03:16 AM
Im really sorry I haven't been around. Last week a few things happened. One - I got banned from the internet cuz I stayed on till like 2 am three nights in a row and scared the **** out of my mum cuz she thought i was somebody breaking into our house when i went upstairs at night. :P Two - I've been practicing like crazy with my band and with my friends for performance evening and even though I dont think we'll get in its been taking up time. But I'm back, wrote a new chapter and I'm glad to see you guys didnt forget me that much... (page three huh?! :P)

Jon: Yeah thats cool. When I first read it i was like - Using my characters eh ^_~. Lol its all good. Go ahead, the last line made me laugh. :P But beware, if I catch any mistakes! bwa!

Gabbi: Great to see you! Yep u should be kept away at uni more. Yeah questions about Fury will be answered. No its not a fic entirerly about Fury but Fury does play a bigger part than just "sal's pokemon" in the fic. She's still going to be the same just have her own little problems as well. And as for the last part - oh crap! I rewrote it, and was meant to delete that part but i forgot. I did accidently swtich POVS and its very hard to not to so if you see stuff like that you can sort of figure it out but sowee if it happens again.

Dru: Yeas Dru shows up. But not until a few chaps l8r. I wouldn't forget Dru.

SnL: Well thanks! ^_^ yeah also, um, I'm not too sure myself. I think she might know soemthing but lol I dont know. And probably we will see Fury's past appear in here and a lot more Fury answers. ^_^ she's getting quite popular.

mr_Pika: Yeah i c what u mean. It's not like she's famous or something - you'll understand later. Also, what was i going to say? Ah yes now i remember! It iz an azurill. I must have made a typo or somethig but good noticing it out skilz. ^_^

Ryan! Hey Ryan! ^_^ Lol yeah who would have thought it was possible. Sal is changing, but not too much. And what exactly did you mean about Ashley? I didn't really understand that but I'm sure it was cool anyway :P Lol. Yeah I'l email u l8r so we can chat! Bai!

Gav: Wat up! Lol yes do not read if tired. lol. Curiosity eh ^_~ lol I'll keep writing, and you have to say that. It's your quote saying cliche thingy.

Misty: Actually it was sort of supposed to be Teresa's mum who would ring but like yeah. For now it can stay a mystery but it is teresas mum... eh teresas mommy rang. The end. Lol and your quote thing is back.

Robert: Yeah i'm going to keep writing im glad u like my fic and i will write so that you can reply this time with punctation. Lol jk. I'm only mukin round oky? ^^

EVme: Sorry! Lol I just forgot! Dat all. Yes they are the ones from the RPG. I decided to take some things out the RPG so you may remember some things but others you may not because they simply weren't in the RPG. :P

Craig: Yeah Teresa's little brother was a cool extension *pats back* but yeah I didn't realise what I was writing until I read over it and saw I did push it. I'll like, make her not do that no more. She'll get a new start or something Somehow. Yeah. lol wigger speech. ^_^

~Mist

PancaKe
8th May 2003, 03:55 AM
Lapras Valley High II ~ Shadows

Chapter Three ~ Fury’s Fury

“You girls should be in bed,” Jackie told us, turning around as we entered the teachers lounge. We had wandered the school for a little over half an hour and accomplished two things. One, knowing that walking all of Flaria and the cafeteria took a little over half an hour, and two, Fury wasn’t in any of the areas we wandered.

“Should,” I repeated, and took a seat next to Jackie, who was watching TV. “What are you watching?”

“Something you guys shouldn’t watch,” Jackie grinned. “How old are you two now?”

“Fourteen,” Ashley answered.

“We know most of what’s going on anyway,” I replied.

“Have you seen this?” Jackie asked, surprised.

“Nope,” I shrugged. We watched as the guy pulled a knife on the screen. The other guy he was with backed off, scared as the knife advanced towards him. The knife slashed through the air and into the other guy, sliding down his shoulder. Ashley cringed at the sight.

“You REALLY shouldn’t watch this,” Jackie insisted. “I wouldn’t be a good guardian and be doing my job if I let you watch this.”

“All good, we wont dob,” I replied, settling in comfortable.

Fury watched as the other creature walked over to her, and leant forward to lick her cheek, a sign of a kiss. Fury hit him away with her paw. “Where were you?” she growled at him.

“Sorry I was late,” he replied. “I had a hard time getting away from him.”

“So why did you want to meet me here, late at night?” Fury questioned.

“I have to warn you about something,” he whispered. “There’s a big deal about you with him… but I can’t really tell you…”

“Why cant you tell me?” Fury asked, her eyes piercing, searching the eyes of the other she was talking to. “I deserve to know what the big deal about me is.” She snarled at him, baring her pointy fangs.

“Okay Fury just back off,” her acquaintance told her. “You’re more pretty when you don’t snarl.”

Fury glared. “Just get to the point,” she told him through clenched teeth.

“Fine,” the other sighed. “You have to be careful. This year a few more are going to join and if you’re not careful then you could get hurt, seriously hurt. And not just you, but Sally Anne also.”

“How do you know all this!” Fury demanded. “And how do you know my trainers name!”

“There are a few things I cant tell you, yet,” the other told her. “But just please, be careful. Watch out okay?”

Fury stared at him. “This is what you called me out here late at night for?”

He nodded. “I’d better go back, otherwise Goupix will get suspicious. I’ll see you later?”

Fury turned and walked away, leaving Rokon standing there. “I doubt it,” she muttered.

“I can’t believe I’m back! I’m so happy to be here!” Kayla Myssina sighed in excitement. She looked around, her suitcase in her hand, smiling broadly. She looked up at the school, at its magnificence and sighed another deep sigh of joy.

“Kayla!” Nayia Waterflower shrieked, running up to her with suitcase and dropping it before giving Kayla a big hug. “How are you?”

“I’m great!” Kayla replied. “In the holidays I stayed with Craig and we played Charizard Battler and it was so much fun! And his good looks run in the family, his brother is SO hot!”

“You had a good time,” Nayia snorted, picking up her bag and walking with Kayla into the school. Behind them Martin Naeco and Craig Parker were in a deep conversation all ready.

“What happened with you?” Kayla questioned.

“Nothing much,” Nayia sighed. She looked back to see how far back Martin was then continued her conversation. “Well,” and out of her poured one of the longest most direct complaints ever to come out of the jaws of chatterbox Nayia. “I don’t know, we were really close at first but like, I don’t know, its not how I imagined it. I liked him for ages, he liked me for ages, and now we’re like, it’s hard to get emotion between us. I mean look at you and Craig, you guys are really close, you can see that. But with me and Martin, emotionally relationship wise it’s like there’s a brick wall between us or something!”

Kayla was unsure of how to respond. “Maybe… you should talk to Martin about it,” she suggested uncertainly. “I’ve never really been in that situation so I’m not sure what to tell you sorry.”

“It’s okay, I don’t expect you to have all this advice,” Nayia told her. “Its just like I don’t know how to explain it. I always imagined us to be really close and like if we were ever to get together I imagined it to be perfect. But its like, he’s loosing his feelings and I’m loosing mine. I’m pretty sure that the only reason we stayed together for these past two months was because we didn’t see each other more than once or twice.”

“Well you have to talk to him about it okay,” Kayla replied. “Promise me you’ll talk to him about it okay?”

“Okay,” Nayia sighed.

“You little *****!” a voice shouted angrily. Kayla and Nayia instantly turned their attention to where it came from, and they saw Teresa and one of her friends, Marina, yelling at a boy about the age of twelve, or thirteen. He was pushed sharply and stumbled back. The Azurill on the ground backed away a bit.

Kayla angered. Following Kayla’s lead, Nayia charged over and pushed Marina aside, leaving Teresa for Kayla to deal with. “What is your problem!” Kayla yelled at Teresa. “Can’t you go for five minutes without having to bash up somebody younger, yet better than you?”

“Stay out of this Missy,” Teresa glared, using the nickname people had for Kayla when they didn’t like her. She hated being called Missy, after her last name Myssina.

“You just shut up!” Kayla continued yelling. “Why don’t you pick on somebody your own level? Oh sorry, you don’t like fighting with sewer rats do you?”

“Why don’t you just shut up you skanky ho?” Teresa retorted.

“Are you talking to yourself because you’re the only whore I can see around here,” Nayia tormented lightly. Nayia had a different style of fighting, instead of picking on the person and screaming out her lungs she just talked casually, knowing this peeved the other person out of their minds.

“Well if I’m the only whore you can see when was the last time you looked in a mirror?” Teresa asked.

“This morning,” Nayia shrugged. “And from my memory I don’t remember wearing a belt as a cheap excuse for a skirt.”

“Well at least a skirt is better than whatever you call what your wearing,” Marina put in. “Would you call those clothes, or trash bags?”

“Clothes,” Nayia replied. “Would you like me to get you a dictionary so you know what the difference is between the two?”

Behind them, Martin and Craig laughed at Nayia’s fighting strategy. Kayla also let out a giggle.

“What do you think you’re laughing at,” Teresa demanded.

“I’m laughing because of the way Nayia just chopped Marina,” Kayla answered. “Unlike some people, I have a sense of humor.”

“Unlike some people you also have no taste for clothes,” Teresa replied.

“Unlike some people I don’t want to look like a hooker everyday,” Kayla replied. “Now leave the kid alone and in future, fight with people your own level.”

“Even if they are in the sewer water,” Nayia poked her tongue out, laughing. “Come on kid, come with us.”

The kid fumbled for his stuff, and picking up his bag ran after a laughing Nayia and Kayla, his Azumarill following. “Thanks,” he thanked timidly. “Sometimes my sister is such a *****.”

“She’s your sister?” Nayia exclaimed. “Oh you poor thing.”

“I know,” the boy replied.

“So what’s your name kid?” Nayia questioned.

“Hang on, you’re Teresa’s little brother aren’t you!” Kayla suddenly exclaimed.

“Well maybe if you were listening,” Nayia rolled her eyes, not meaning to be mean or anything.

“Yeah,” he replied. “I’m Robbie. Robbie Blastoise.”

“You poor thing, related to those awful people,” Nayia sympathized.

“Did you hear what your Aunt did to poor Sal?” Kayla asked Robbie. Nayia trod sharply on Kayla’s toes. Even though Nayia was a blabbermouth she wasn’t about to bring up the horrible experience they suffered last year. It would give away the secret Sal kept.

“How she was after Sal because she hated her and stuff?” Robbie asked.

“Yeah,” Nayia interrupted Kayla before she could say anything more. “So how old are you? Is this your first year at Lapras Valley High?”

“I’m twelve,” Robbie answered. “I’m turning thirteen next month, and I’m in year eight this year. And yeah this is my first year.”

“We’ve been here since year seven,” Kayla spoke for the both of them as they walked into the front gates of the school and signed in for the year. “We used to be enemies, but now we’re practically best friends.”

“I know yeah,” Nayia grinned. “So what house are you in Robbie?”

“Aquaria, but I don’t think that Teresa is going to show me where that is,” Robbie answered, scowling back in the direction of Teresa, who was busy kissing hello to her friends while trying to sign in at the same time.

“I’ll take you, I’m going there anyway,” Nayia told him. “Is this your Azurill? He’s so cute!”

“Yeah,” Robbie nodded.

“Martin! Are you coming?” Nayia called. Martin nodded and headed over into their direction, leaving Craig and Kayla together alone.

“We haven’t gotten to talk much since you stayed at my house,” Craig told Kayla. Kayla put her bags down as Craig did and shook out her arms. Craig brushed a piece of hair out of her face and looked at her. “I just want you to know that nothing could ever break us up,” he told her.

“Wow Craig,” Kayla whispered, taken back by Craig’s sudden soft side. “You know, I missed you so much over the holidays,” she told him.

“I missed you too,” Craig replied. Before they knew it, they began to kiss in the middle of the bustling traffic around them. Even the sounds of somebody tripping over and spilling the entire contents of their bag behind them couldn’t break them apart. The cruel laughter of Teresa’s gang didn’t stop them, they were separated from the world, yet together in another.

“So which dorm are you in?” Nayia asked. “Dorm’s change every year don’t they?”

“Yeah,” Martin replied, scanning the list up and down.

“I’m in 5D,” Robbie announced, picking up his bags, his Azurill sitting on top.

“I heard rumors that the dorms would be bigger than two person rooms this year,” Nayia told the two as they moved towards their dorms. They walked up the stairs, legs getting tired as they walked along. “Honestly, they should install an elevator or something,” she sighed.

“I agree,” Martin commented.

“This is your level Robbie,” Nayia told him. “You should have gotten your key from the front, did you?”

“Yeah,” Robbie nodded. “Thanks.” He and his Azurill got off the stairs and walked over to the dorm door and let themselves in, leaving Nayia and Martin to continue their walk up to the seventh floor.

“Hey we’re opposite each other!” Nayia exclaimed happily.

“Yeah,” Martin commented, lacking enthusiasm in his voice. “That’s cool. I’m going to put my stuff away now.”

“Okay,” Nayia shrugged, and went to walk into her room. She dropped her bags on the floor and her mouth hung open as she stared. The dorm had expanded from holding two beds to being able to bunk six. There were now three sets of bunk beds all lined across the room. At the sides of each bed sat bedside tables, except there were six now, and aside from the expanded bed space and bedside table space, wardrobes had slightly expanded.

But not as much as Nayia’s mouth hung open. “Wow,” she whispered, dumping her stuff on her bed. “So now there’s going to be six.”

“We’re all meeting up in the common room,” Ashley told me. “The Aquaria common room though, that way its easier to talk and catch up and stuff. You going to come?”

I nodded. “It’s like right across the school though. Long or short way?”

“I’m not coming,” Fury announced and crawled under the bed for no apparent reason.

“Short,” Ashley shrugged. “May as well see the hallways, even though they’ll be crowded. Come on, I told them we’d be there like five minutes ago.”

“What you tell them that for?” I asked her following her down the stairs into the hallway leading to the main building. We entered the main building hall and were met with a large crowd, all bustling to get to towers and see the new classrooms and other things. There were many smells wofting from the cafeteria, and already they were cooking non-stop.

“It’s so crowded, don’t loose me!” Ashley called over the noise. She reached back and I grabbed her hand as she weaved through the crowds. It was hard to see where I was going but I knew that I wasn’t going to hit anybody once the crowd died down a bit. There was enough space to breathe, let alone walk, and we continued comfortably.

Teresa walked into the hallway, a smug look on her face. Next to her was a guy who looked around fifteen, late fourteen. His clothes although looked punk and skatie enough were totally new, and as if he had gone shopping especially. I mean, there wasn’t anything wrong but his clothes were the homie version of skatie. Still, he looked to be like a male version of Teresa.

She pointed at me and said something that made the guy laugh. I glared at her, hoping that one-day looks would kill and she’d be buried. We walked past Teresa and her friend, and he slammed his shoulder into my side with force. I stumbled back and turned around.

“Did you see that?” I hissed to Ashley. Ashley turned around, and looked at my clenched fists, my fierce expression and the glare I had fixed right on the back of that guy’s head.

“Its too early for a fight,” Ashley sighed. “What happened?”

“Teresa told him some **** about me, he rams his shoulder into me really hard, he goes down,” I replied, and began to walk after him. Ashley rolled her eyes and followed. She’d seen enough fights to know that she didn’t want to see any more.

“Oy!” I shouted at him. “Hey!” He turned around and looked back, as if he were asking ‘Who, me?’ “Yeah you!” I yelled.

“What did I do?” he asked, turning on the innoncent charm.

I walked right up to him and stared him square in the eyes. “Why’d you walk into me back there? You just came up and barged right into me, are you BLIND or something?!” I yelled.

“I’m not blind but you’re acting like a whore with PMS,” the guy replied

“And you’ve known me for sooo long that you know that I’m a whore isn’t that right?” I retorted angrily, glaring up at him. He may have been taller but I’d been around longer than he had.

“You said it, not me,” he shrugged.

“Well why did you barge right into me? Something that that ***** told you?” I demanded, pointing over to Teresa.

But what came I wasn’t expecting.

My head jerked back as his fist landed in my cheek. My cheek throbbed but a punch like that couldn’t stop me. I rubbed my cheek, looking up at his face, which no longer smirked down. Lightning fast, my fist flew into his stomach and he stepped back to steady himself. I went to punch him again but he blocked and went for my face.

I ducked.

Around us a circle of people gathered to watch and cheer on. Ashley was there, groaning and watching, still wanting me to win but not wanting me to get into another fight. Teresa was there, trying to spit on me as best as she could. Martin, Craig and Greg were there, cheering me on and laughing, while Nayia and Kayla were talking about how the other guy looked and how well I would beat him.

“What is going on here!” Jackie roared all over the talk and commotion. We stopped our fighting, all the excess cheering and talking came to a halt. Jackie walked through the crowd and faced both of us, her eyes shifting from me to him. “You,” she pointed to the other guy. “Follow me. Sal, you come too.”

“Ooh Sal,” Teresa jeered from behind. Jackie turned around from her walking and glared at Teresa.

“You, stop being such a *****,” Jackie snapped. “But you can come too if you think its so big a deal.” Teresa stood there, chewing her gum. “Well are you going to stand there all day trying to look pretty or are you going to move your ***?”

Teresa rolled her eyes and followed.

“Trust her to get into a fight on the first day,” Kayla commented.

“Especially with somebody new,” Martin added.

“Hey where’s Fury?” Nayia suddenly asked. “I cant believe she missed that.”

“Fury I had to come and see you again.” Fury looked over to the doorway. She had been lost deep in thought, deep in the silence of the room, but it had been shattered now. Rokon stood at the door, looking at her.

“Rokon,” Fury narrowed her eyes.

=+=+=+=

“Does she trust you?”

Rokon is more than Fury thinks. Much more to be exact.

“I thought he was really nice,” Nixie commented.

“So did I," Fury sighed.

And Sal’s new “friend” seems to be siding with Teresa very quickly.

“She started yelling at me and I had no idea what about!” he yelled at Jackie, jumping up and pointing his finger at me.

“If you cant talk in a civilized manner then SIT THE HELL DOWN AND SHUT THE HELL UP!” Jackie bellowed over the top of him.

Chapter Four: Ego Brain

mistysakura
8th May 2003, 04:57 AM
Quote time.

“Well at least a skirt is better than whatever you call what your wearing,” Marina put in. “Would you call those clothes, or trash bags?”

“Clothes,” Nayia replied. “Would you like me to get you a dictionary so you know what the difference is between the two?”

Another great chpater. I kind of feel guilty because I'm supposed to be writing my fic, but I really don't feel like here so I snuck out here instead, and guess what I found.

What's happeneing with TFIBE?

Drusilla
8th May 2003, 07:41 AM
Heh heh heh... Teresa isn't based on Avril Lavigne is she? Oooh, there's a whore for ya. You want to get me mad, get me started on her. *grinds teeth* In fact, I'm going to stop before I go any further...
I'm also intrested in who this new guy is. Hmmm... another male pain in the arse for Sal. She never gets breaks, does she?
Keep it up Mist, lookin forward to the next chapter!

Last Exile
8th May 2003, 07:54 AM
Ah, Kayla Msyyinya. Oh, such a cool play on words! :D Ah, Sal, always there for a punch up. Interesting build-up. As for Robbie, would be interesting to see his story.

Powarun
8th May 2003, 11:26 AM
That was a good chapter near the end. WIth the fight and all. Guys should NOT hit a girl first. That is an unwritten rule that should apply to all. Hope he gets in a lot of trouble, like expulsuion or something better like cleaning toilets. I think that Fury is going to get caught in a net or something, and there will be ransom.

mr_pikachu
8th May 2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Mist

The kid fumbled for his stuff, and picking up his bag ran after a laughing Nayia and Kayla, his Azumarill following.

GAH! MAKE UP YOUR MIND! Azurill or Azumarill! Pick one! Please! It's driving me crazy!!

On another note, Fury's Fury is a good title, but... I dunno, it didn't seem to apply to this chapter. I do hope Rokon is really on Fury's side, and not tricking her... of course, what fun would that be? ;) Oh, and Jackie is such a good guardian, isn't she? :D

Anyway, it's looking great so far! Can't wait for Chapter Four!

EVme15
8th May 2003, 08:19 PM
*takes a deap breath and stops laughing* I like the way Nayia thinks. Yeah, great chapter... um... *running outta good comments* Oh! Did any of you know (I'm pretty sure) that LVH was the first time I used my name (Kayla) for an RPG? I just remembered that. So, yeah, there's the end of my review... um... g'night all! *goes to bed*

Gavin Luper
9th May 2003, 04:42 AM
It always is really great to have all the old characters return - more characters means more fun and more fights. That new guy must be a real loser to punch a girl, not that Sal is weak but the principle of it. Ah, where's Sal's dagger when she needs it?

I'm interested to learn more about Robbie and Teresa's relationship, and the appearance of Rokon warning Fury to be careful seems like a Harry Potter 2 kinda thing; what could be happening at the school this year??

I'm hooked into it again. Carry on ;)!

Snakes N' Legends
9th May 2003, 09:04 PM
Teresa??? Oh, I am beginning to despise her just as I did with Lady Blastoise. I think she is trying to do some serious damage to Sal. Maybe there is more to Teres than we know. For all we know, Lady Blastoise could have told her everything and Teresa could be talking out on Sal. But that's just a theory ... my theory at least. Poor Fury, what is going on? Is there someone after Fury or Sal? Good chapter, Mist!! Keep it up!!!!

Shadow Djinn
9th May 2003, 10:48 PM
Hi! I've been reading LVH and LVHII and it's really good! Though I am confused if it is Azurill or Azumarill. Rokon is vulpix's japenese name...Wonder who Fury was talking to?

Sailor Scorpio
10th May 2003, 02:28 AM
Wow Mist! another great chapter. That was an excellent fight at the end, keep writing more!

Lady Vulpix
11th May 2003, 10:25 AM
Nice chapter, Tara!
The word fight between Nayia, Kayla and Teresa was great! :D
By the way, are you still reading my fic? No one posted a reply to chapter 12. I don't expect everyone to like it, but it would be nice if someone at least posted saying "I've read it".

Andrew
12th May 2003, 07:09 PM
Well I'm a lazy bastard so I'm catchign up!

Chappie 2: Heh PRS AND PMS, God, I'd hate to be on Jackie's bad side. AND A STRIP CLUB! WTF! But Teresa prostituting herself... woah... how old is that kid? Skank Whip! LOL! Woah, kinky!

And ROFL! Sugar the ****! That would be funny, but Fury is being too suspicious... lol. And Sal helping a poor disadvantaged kid.... I just figured out the best job for her... social worker.

Ashley you sneak! I don't think Jackie wrote that there, it was obviously planned. I'd love to see the board of education "Werewolf eh.. how's that extra-curricular activity working out?"

3: Heh! What scary movie is it? Scream 2 by the looks of it... Heh, Kayla and Nayja are back... why can't they have simple names... like Lucy... and Sally... now THEY'RE COOL!

I feel a bit sorry for Teresa, she really needs some help.. I'm surprised she hasn't turned to dear old Aunty for help... or child services... the road she's going down ain't nice...

The whole fight thing... I'm surprised a guy would be that big of a jerk to a girl, everyone knows you don't hit girls, if I were him I'd would've stayed out of it. But well another sucess for Sal, we know she won't get in trouble lol. Teresa is the instigator so she's goin down.

And why won't this school get a councillor? They all have one these days.. and why not one named Ryan :D lol...

Nice work Tara TTYL!

Drusilla
13th May 2003, 10:04 AM
Andy- they can't have the name Sally, it's taken already silly! BTW, you may want to shorten your sig before Suzie sees and has OWNAGE O_O!

Doomykins
9th June 2003, 10:36 AM
Mist, where are you? I was reading this you know. And then you just go off and leave me hanging :P j/k I hope whatever is going on with you gets worked out so you have time to do what you want, whatever it may be.

Craig
9th June 2003, 03:38 PM
she is in england right now with relatives..etc.. she'll probably be back next week I think...

mr_pikachu
17th June 2003, 06:50 PM
Er... 2 things. (1) It's been more than a week. (2) Uh, Craig, switch the e and u in Blood Fued. Yeah, like that. Blood Feud. There ya go.

Round and round the discussion goes. Where's the author? Nobody knows.

Doomykins
4th July 2003, 08:23 PM
Okay, this is on page four after what, a month since the last post? Has anyone seen hide or hair of Mist? This is a little unnerving, where could she be?

Andrew
4th July 2003, 10:40 PM
*Can't help but Duh people who are wondering*

Ya know, perhaps looking in stickied, mod created topics may appease you.

http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13489

Have a read of the news, you might find some answers there...

*Sighs* Ya know you really should read that thing.

Lady Vulpix
9th July 2003, 12:51 PM
Ok, but why is she STILL away? Have you heard from her lately? Is she alright? Did her vacation get an extension?

Andrew
9th July 2003, 05:46 PM
Well Lady G, she left on the 22nd of May, and she said she'd be gone 2 months, so late July would seem to be the time she'd arrive back. Plus Ryan told me that in an email to her, she said she'd be back on the last day of July roundabout.

Mmmkay ^^