PDA

View Full Version : Mod Contest CHALLENGES!

dratinihaunter13
15th July 2003, 09:47 PM
Hey hey! Remember that competition thing some of you signed up for to be a mod? Well it didn't just fade away into nothingness, this idea is gonna fly baby. It's gonna fly.

This topic is to announce the many Challenges of this Reality TV Show Mod Contest. First of all, all 17 of you have been broken up into two tribes. The two tribes will face off, the winner getting "immunity" meaning no member from their tribe can be eliminated that round. Once the number of people per tribe is halved, we'll merge the tribes and continue with elimination and immunity through various competitions. Until 4 of you are left, and then... maybe I won't say what we'll do with y'all yet after that. Just for some suspense! First season of the show, gotta keep it suspenseful. Anyway!
The two random tribes are...

The MR Tribe
Co1 [Quit]
Reborned Dragon
Captain Pringle
Quicksilver62160 [DQ'd]
Dragon Claw [Removed]
I love X Tina
mr_pikachu
Cyndaquil7
Craig

The M_r Tribe
FireGuardian [DQ'd]
Gavin Luper
DragoKnight
Hyperness is a Good Thing
CCC
The Decapitated Mole
Team Rocket's Lugia [Eliminated]
mistysakura

yes yes, one team has 9 and one has 8. that just means some will have to sit out as the numbers change between teams. And as for the tribe names, if you don't get it, you may not have been around long enough to remember those past mods. but it's clever, i swear! *kudos to oz for the clever names*

The members of the team that wins Immunity are safe from elimination. Since they are safe from the mod's wrath, the symbol of immunity will be the seizure-inducing stamp of mewf0ur, who feels quite immune to us anyway ;). the cleverness doesn't stop there though!
Well, maybe it does.

FIRST CHALLENGE Pay attention tribes!

Charmander. Bulbasaur. Squirtle.
The age-old, fool-proof judge of who is superior. Each contestant will send a PM(Private Message) to either OzAndrew or I with a choice in it. The choice will read either "Charmander" "Bulbasaur" or "Squirtle". One person from both teams will be matched up against each other, and the one who picks the stronger pokemon as compared to his opponent's, wins. like rock paper scissors guys! right!

The match-ups:
MR Tribe vs. M_r Tribe
Co1 vs. FireGuardian
Reborned Dragon vs. Dragoknight
Quicksilver62160 vs. Hyperness is a Good Thing
Dragon Claw vs. CCC
mr_pikachu vs. The Decapitated Mole
Cyndaquil7 vs. Team Rocket's Lugia
Craig vs. mistysakura

Gavin and Pringle are out of town so they're sitting out, and I love X tina is out too to even up the teams. they're not out of the mod contest, just not gonna send participate in this one challenge. you still live and die with however your tribe does ;).

Team with the most victories in their match-ups wins! if someone doesn't send a pm they lose automatically!

Team MR send PM to me, dratinihaunter13
Team M_r send PM to him, OzAndrew

You all have til the 18th to send the PM, so hurry up. Choose either Charmander, Bulbasaur, or Squirtle. GO!

any questions post 'em here or pm us

The Decapitated Mole
16th July 2003, 11:56 AM
Uh, a question about the first challenge, what would happen if the Pokémon chosen would be the same. I don't think you talked about that, so would both contestants still be in or something like that?

Andrew
16th July 2003, 05:45 PM
Then its a draw, with no point awarded to either side. ;)

'Sides this is just an immunity challenge. The elimination challenge will be for the losing team. Hehehehe DH is Jeff Probst. Lol.

dratinihaunter13
18th July 2003, 11:42 AM
pm deadline is the end of today! so get them sent! i have 5 from the MR tribe oz, how many do YOU have? hmmmmm???

ack! i've been jeff probsted!

Andrew
19th July 2003, 06:55 AM
Well I think its clear to say that all PMs are now closed, I'll PM DH the results of my PMs so I guess if we don't catch eachother online, he can do the work ;) I mean, have the honour ^^; >=]

And the losing Tribe, well you have to face a task in which the weakest link is evicted. Lol. DH, being Jeff Probst is cool, you go overseas and taunt people :) I'd love that job.

I'm dissapointed team Mew_ryuu ;_; You DO want to win right? But you can still win... somehow. You should've all sent in your PM's

And a new little ditty, if you fail to compete in an elimination challenge, its an Auto KO for you.

EDIT: And if you're going to be away for up to a week, please tell us. More than that and its a KO for you.

Team Rocket's Lugia
19th July 2003, 08:05 AM
Sorry, I ve been busy latly, so I didn't PM, please don't kick me off!

P.S. Please change Lugia of LI to Team Rocket's Lugia please. Thanks.

dratinihaunter13
19th July 2003, 05:27 PM
don't worry, we won't kick you off for not sending the PM, it's just an auto-loss to whoever your opponent was unless he/she didn't send one in either. speaking of which...results!

MR Tribe vs. M_r Tribe

Co1 vs. FireGuardian
Squirtle vs. Squirtle DRAW

Reborned Dragon vs. Dragoknight
Can't find the pokeball! vs. Squirtle M_r Tribe!

Quicksilver62160 vs. Hyperness is a Good Thing
Doesn't have a pogey! vs. Squirtle M_r Tribe

Dragon Claw vs. CCC
Huh? vs. What? DRAW

mr_pikachu vs. The Decapitated Mole
Bulbasaur vs. Charmander M_r Tribe!

Cyndaquil7 vs. Team Rocket's Lugia
Squirtle vs. Sry too busy MR Tribe!

Craig vs. mistysakura
Bulbasaur vs. i'm lost MR Tribe!

BAH! the M_r tribe is victorious!! by one point, the excitement! team, get it in gear. now the M_r tribe gets Immunity, which is a mug shot of Mewf0ur. enjoy. the MR tribe is subject to having one of its members eliminated. we'll update with the elimination game shortly ;).

Captain Pringle
19th July 2003, 06:37 PM
Bah. :P *runs before he gets eliminated* ^_^

Nah, but seriously, as I already told Oz, I'm gonna be out of town this whole week (Monday 21st to Friday 25th), so, errmm, don't do horrible things to me while I'm gone. :D I actually wanna be around when I get eliminated, not have it happen while I'm away. ^_^

Cheers,
~ Pringle

mistysakura
19th July 2003, 06:44 PM
Let me see...when was the last time I had half an hour to go on the net? LAST WEEK??? Sorry, there's beeen too much stuff going on.

Last Exile
20th July 2003, 08:33 PM
Oh, what?! I've been banned from the computer for 5 days! I didn't even know this was on!

Oh well, at least my tribe won. Good work, team!

*gets into big group hug as we hoist the immunity trophy*

*tribe flees at sight of Mewfour*

*breathes sigh of relief that no 1st round elimination occured in our tribe*

The numbers are now evening, Mew_ryuu tribe! Let's go all the way!

If only we had a catchy theme song...

*decides against my zany interpretation of the Survivor theme*

Meh, all I can think of is Another Brick In The Wall Part 2 by Pink Floyd.

Any other suggestions?

*looks at weird expressions on faces*

Hey, it's the ultimate anthem for defiance and standing against the Combine/regime/dictatorship! We need something like that!

And stick that mug shot of Mewfour a bit away from the camP! SO that we don't have to see it and that anyone that sees it flees in terror! :D

Andrew
20th July 2003, 09:11 PM
ELIMINATION CHALLENGE

Well yes, team MR is the tribe that must undertake this challenge. You must give helpful advice on this wonderful piece of writing I have bestowed upon you. You may give advice, re-write it if you may (I think not really) basically do whatever you can in your opinion.

And here are some rules:

- All entries must be submitted to my PM Box on TPM By the 26th of this month.
-All those who do not reply will be auto DQed
- The eliminated will get to talk with our Very Own Gretel on the elimination stage, provided she's back.

And now the wondeful trainer fic I wrote. Enjoy!

To Be A MASTA!

Today I'm turning 10! I'm getting my first Pogemon too! I live in Pallette down with my mum, but I don't know where my dad is. My mum says that he's dead, or rich, or he left her for a real woman. I don't know what that means. My mum goes to shave her face again and I realize I'm late for my adventure! !!!1 I yells out to her bye! and I run to Prof. Oaks, and he says I'm late! I missed ouyt on all the good Pokemon! I yell at him and he says my mum is a shim. He says sorry and gives me a pokemon ball and I realeaze it and I feel Pikachu! Pikach puika! Says Pikachu! Its nice so we walk aound and I get my pika to level 53 and we find a guy named martin and he says do I want a battle so I go ok and I then sent out Pikachu and then he used a sandshrew and then I used thunder and it died so he ran of crying and I said sorry and then I rann into gary and he is mean to me so I cry and hug my bulbisaur squirtle end charmander and we catched a pidgeotto and then i went to a gym and I found brock with a rock and he petted his rocka nd hads fun with ist so i battled him and got his badge and he follwed me. my pickauk catched a clefeair and we had fun. And then I runs into misty and we battles and

Chapter2
then we battled more and I runs iunto another Pikachu! Its RICHIE! He’s Rich! “Hi! I’m Richie!” he said and we battled and he left. Then my Charmander evolved into Charizard and when it battled against Simon’s Jigglypuff and it got mad and wouldn’t listen to me. Oh and My name is Tim and I want to be a Pokemon Master! So then I went to Cerulean City and beat misty and she fell in love with me and so we pretetended we weren’t in love and then we travelled around more and I beat more Pokemon and stuff! Tommorrow I’m in the league finals!

And I forgot this, EDIT! Team rocket followed me around and tried to steal my Pikachu cause its at such a high level, but I got it back. And they had a talking meowth and like a snake. And I battled against a girl named Suzie and that water girl got jealous and stuff but like I won against her. And she had a Pikachu.

MORE TOMMORROW!

And I worked really really really really hard on this, my sister said its really cool! I’m going to work for Nintendo and stuff. Don’t say bad things or I’ll hammer you! >=o

K J J: JP :P> :P:P:

======

I really pity you for this lol. And yeah, all MR members. So if I were you, PM all your team if you can, and get them to participate, its not like you want to lose 6/8 members!

Craig
20th July 2003, 09:57 PM
Andy, that was the single best piece of litterature i've ever read, why do you soil the forums with crap like EBTV, this is much better. You should revise *SPARKLE SPARKLE* EBTV and definitely write it like this. Tim is definitely on the path to greatness, seriously, this beats the pants off of anything here.

*that was a dare, by OZ:P LOL*

anyways, nice fic:P lmao i'll be sending in the challenge later..

MR TRIBE, RESPOND..we dont want the merger to happen like..after this challenge lol

Co1
21st July 2003, 01:09 AM
Ok, Oz knew that I disagreed with having a mod contest in the first place, but I still went with it. But after seeing how the immunity challenge AND the challenge for the elimination, I think this is going no where, and even if you're having fun, Oz, this is not the right place or a suitable time to do it when you're picking a mod.

There are much better ways to eliminate the bottom of the barrel while still having an effective contest that actually proves something.

I just don't like the way this contest is being conducted, and therefore, I withdraw. Good luck to all the contestants.

Gavin Luper
21st July 2003, 01:26 AM
I agree that it is your opinion, Co1, and you choice whether you compete in the contest or not, but what makes you think that this is a bad way of judging. This is actually a lot fairer. Rather than have a quick discussion and choose a mod, this lets everyone have a go at least, even if they don't get chosen. It also promotes more fun and interaction within the fanfiction community. If you ask me, it's a very good idea.

If you could think of a better method, then by all means, why not share it with the rest of us. I quote; "There are much better ways to eliminate the bottom of the barrel while still having an effective contest that actually proves something."

So, share your wisdom!

Also, these things are just meant to be a bit of fun. It's a lot more light hearted than having a boring contest, and the challenges do have relevance in the long run.

However, your resignation does mean, at least, that we can now choose a mod much sooner, with one less person to eliminate!

Cheers!

Captain Pringle
21st July 2003, 01:42 AM
Well said, Gavin. I totally agree.

This contest not only tests necessary moderator skills, but it's also fun... and, like Gavin said, it's probably more accurate than just having a little discussion and a vote, and picking the mod that way.

This competition is fair, entertaining, and a great idea... but you totally have the right to withdraw, and I respect that. Still, I wonder as Gavin does... what "better ways to eliminate the bottom of the barrel" do you have in mind?

(On an unrelated note, since the deadline for this is the 26th, I should be able to get a reply in when I get back and still barely make the deadline. :D At the moment I gotta go, though, so I'll have to wait until Saturday to read and critique this delightful story. :P Cheers!)

Andrew
21st July 2003, 01:56 AM
Well Co1 we were looking at if you knew the basics of a Trainer fic. We've got so many on TPM, and we've had some worse than the ones I've written above. Its a shame that you didn't see that this contest combines a bit of fun with a bit of work. Modding shouldn't be a chore, so why should the competition?

Sure you didn't like the contest from Day 1, and you've decided to quit. Oh well, its your loss. Toodles then! Seeya round Co1 and be sure to stop by the Elimination Lounge. Our hostess with the mostest ain't there yet but it'll be set up soon where all our eliminated contestants go for a final chat.

Besides since the beginning of this contest, we've had a rise in activity. Surely it can't be all bad, a new and fun way to help us choose a mod?

Bye now.

Co1
21st July 2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Captain Pringle
Still, I wonder as Gavin does... what "better ways to eliminate the bottom of the barrel" do you have in mind?

How about having a test that actually proves something, instead of just a test that is mindless babble that anyone with half a brain can rate? My argument was that something should have been presented as a piece of writing that could actually be sat down with, examined, and rated. Instead, there was a joke of a fic posted, that anyone can take one look at, and say, "Fix everything from length to spelling." Sure, it eliminates the bottom of the barrel by seeing who is an incompetent moron and who doesn't reply, but this can also be done by posting a decent piece of literature that would still give the more "senior" and "advanced" members somewhat of a challenge.

It's just my opinion.

DannyBoy
21st July 2003, 07:53 PM
Well thats good reason but I feel that as people get eliminated that the challenges will get harder as they go along for people Oz and Dratini beleave would do a good job. So I go along with Gavin and Captin saying this is a good idea.

Last Exile
21st July 2003, 08:59 PM
Wow, so much for skewed starting numbers!

Now we've got 8 a piece! :)

Oh well, sorry to ehar about that, Co1. It was meant to be fun after all.

Well, let's continue the process. And hopefully we can get it done within a month or two! :D I still think this process is fun and right!

Andrew
21st July 2003, 09:31 PM
The MR Tribe
Co1 [Quit]
Reborned Dragon (Submitted)
Captain Pringle
Quicksilver62160
Dragon Claw (Submitted)
I love X Tina (Submitted)
mr_pikachu (Submitted)
Cyndaquil7 (Submitted)
Craig (Submitted)

And CO1, thanks for stopping by the Elimination Station, but letting you know, not everyone is as good as you at detecting problems, everyone has their own level of ability.

So hurry up you MR's you do want a chance to win right?! If there's an unforseen circumstance, tell us ASAP! Cause if you whinge later it mightn't be heard! Bai now.

EDIT: OOh, Pringle and Quicky need to send in theirs ASAP! Good luck!

mr_pikachu
22nd July 2003, 09:50 AM
I have to wonder if this is more than a test of simply editing and revising mistakes... *hint hint*

Dragon_Claw
23rd July 2003, 05:41 AM
I wanted to ask you something. Is there any chance this contest will be paused, because some of us (including me) are going on holiday, so we won't be able to compete anymore. I'd hate to quit, but besides taking a break, I see no other way but quitting :(

Edit: I too sent my answer by the way

mr_pikachu
24th July 2003, 09:55 AM
As of now, I have sent OzAndrew a PM with my answer to the challenge. I am not giving up on this! And my teammates had better reply, too! C'mon, MR Tribe! Let's do it! :P

mr_pikachu
26th July 2003, 01:31 PM
Out of curiousity, when you set the deadlines for the contests, what time zone are you using? And is the deadline the beginning or end of the set day?

Captain Pringle
26th July 2003, 03:44 PM
Well right now it's 1:42 pm (Pacific Time) on Saturday the 26th. I'm working on the challenge thing right now, and I'll PM it as soon as I'm done... so hopefully we're not using some far out time zone for the deadline. ;)

mr_pikachu
26th July 2003, 04:16 PM
I wonder if they're using an Australian time zone, as the majority of the mods (if not all of them... not sure where dh13 is from) reside there. I just thought I'd ask, since it could have some bearing on the results of this contest.

Captain Pringle
26th July 2003, 04:29 PM
Ok, I finished and PMed my response to Oz already. But for future deadlines, I'd also like to know which time zone we'll be using.

But hopefully the MR tribe won't be the ones facing elimination next round anyway. ;) *waves little MR Tribe flag* ^_^

dratinihaunter13
26th July 2003, 10:19 PM
I'm from Kansas. Time zone... CMT? or is that country music television? i don't really know for sure. as for the official deadline, we're lenient, if it's near the deadline we'll take it. i haven't seen oz at all today though, so i haven't been able to check out the entries yet. it looks like y'all need an exact deadline though. which is cool, i often do as well, so next time we'll make sure ya know the time zone. right now though, we're just saying 26th, and just giving all time zones a chance i suppose ^_^. right, oz, send me the entries already >_<.

Captain Pringle
27th July 2003, 03:04 AM
Hmm, well I was just talking to fellow MR tribe member IloveX-TINA on AIM, and I started wondering...

After this round, there will be 15 people left in the game. If every elimination challenge takes a whole week, and only eliminates one person... we're looking at a 15-week-long contest. Kinda long, no?

Maybe we could eliminate more than one person per round, or have shorter deadline periods. Four months just seems a bit long for such a contest. :P But if you guys want it to go that long, it's fine by me. Just thinkin' out loud here. ^_^

Andrew
27th July 2003, 06:05 AM
Woah. Replies! I haven't been on for two days! El Gaspo!

Well unfortunately, Dragon_Claw has to be DQed as his 3 week trip to Croatia will end up delaying us, so I'm afraid we'll have to let you go :( I feel really bad.

And our other evictee is Quicksilver, for not replying! So if you two could make your way over to Mist's Elimination Station in the lounge and complete the 10 Big Q's we'd be mighty happy.

And Dragon Claw, have fun in Croatia! Sorry we couldn't delay the contest for you!

Ok and regarding the Time Zone thing - I did not specify one, but generally, when I say the date, its generally the 26th in America. But for future refrence, we'll post it. Sorry for any confusion caused. Cause if I use the Aussie one, half of you couldn't work that out ;) jk. lol

And DH, I'll pm all the contestants results to you ASAP.

Looks like the next challenge shall be up soon!

And Pringle, we've already got 3 down, who knows how many M_r might lose in an elimination challenge eh?

27th July 2003, 06:11 AM
!!! Ooooooh....don't scare me...;_; People are getting eliminated so quickly!

=( Oh well..... when will the next contest be held?

mr_pikachu
27th July 2003, 11:55 AM
NGGGYYAAAAHHH!!! 4 in one round! Jeez, that's harsh!

Cap'n, I don't think you need to worry. At this rate we'll be done in one month, not four. Although, personally, I'd like it to go awhile. That way, when each of us gets eliminated, we can feel like we lasted a long time. But that's just me. Anyway, I am now officially worried about my team and its members... we're on the endangered species list! :o Well, good luck to one and all! It looks like we're gonna merge soon!

EDIT: C'mon, tell us who the eliminatee was! I'm shaking from nervousness here! Ease my tension!

*dies from hypertension*

Um, yeah. But, anyway, tell us when you get a chance! Please?

Andrew
27th July 2003, 06:54 PM
Well after losing 3 members in one round, we've taken pity and decided not to eliminate a 4th MR member this round. So those who replied are all through to the next round! Isn't this fun!

And the next immunity challenge will be available soon. Just waiting for DH to take a look at it.

mr_pikachu
27th July 2003, 07:01 PM
Excellent! We're only behind by two! Go MR Tribe! Yes, this is fun! Thank you, oh forgiving masters of the survivors! We are most grateful to you! We humble ourselves before your greatness, oh great mods! Your modliness is fantastically extraordinary! :rolleyes:

Craig
28th July 2003, 12:22 PM
haha, mr pikachu..thast funny:) You crack me up

anyways, 3 in one round..that is harsh, and its a good thing ( I guess )That your not eliminating more people, well since 3 of our people are gone there really isnt much of a chance that we'll win the next challenge unless it involves a few people from the tribe and they pick who, etc etc.

You should make 2 sub-forums MR and M_r and only let those of the tribe see them :P

mr_pikachu
28th July 2003, 01:45 PM
Actually, if I recall, OzAndrew said at the beginning that members of a tribe that had more members would sit out challenges as the numbers fluctuated, so I guess that's what will happen here... still, it make it a lot tougher in the elimination challenges for the team who is shorthanded.

And how would we manage a sub-forum open only to members of a certain tribe? I mean, it's a great idea, I just don't know how it would work. And if we could do it, would tribe members be banned from the sub-forum as they were eliminated? (You know, to keep from spying after the fact.) It sounds good, so if the current mods approve it and if anyone knows how to create and run it, I'm all for it. Go MR Tribe! *blows tiny horn* Whee.

Andrew
28th July 2003, 06:52 PM
Immunity Challenge 2!

Well Team MR seems you've had a bad stroke of luck this past but now we have another fun task for you. Its called a Scavenger Hunt

What you must do is acess the EzBoard, which Fanfic once resided in for a time. You must go back to it, and search through it to find a fic that once was there, which now is on this board. Like for example, my fic. It is on the EzBoard and also here. So you must find as many pairs as you can.

Also as an added twist, if two people on the same team bring in the same pair, they'll be null and void, resulting in no points for your team for that pair. But you must also provide hyperlinks, not just the names of fics, this is so we can check it.

And because Gavin and Pringle and Tina sat out the last Immunity Challenge, they may not sit out this one. And for M_r your two to sit out this round are - CCC and Team Rocket's Lugia.

Remember, you are playing for immunity! The team that brings the most pairs wins! Lets go!

M_r PM DH and MR PM myself.

This contest ends at 3rd of August, 6 PM Australian Eastern Standard Time

And for you Yanks, I think its 18 hours behind. So 11:59 of 2nd of August.

Oh and regarding that hidden subforum thing. Its a big hassle, plus people who aren't logged in can see it. So there's easy spying. Plus we Fanfic mods can't create it so I don't know how we can stop you seeing it :\ And Mr_Pikachu, are you sure you're not getting caught up in this contest a bit too much? lol *Sees all his posts*

Last Exile
28th July 2003, 11:43 PM
Hmm, interesting challenge. I notice I'm sitting that one out though. Good luck to all. M_r tribe, let's keep the streak going! :)

Tyler and Hobbes
29th July 2003, 03:51 AM
Ahhhhh, I don't know how to acess EZboard, ahhhh. Oh and Lord Andrews, the wich was there, which is still on the board reminds me of: I was the one that was, That is, yet isn't. ^^

Team Rocket's Lugia
29th July 2003, 05:53 AM
Am I still able to help people to get to the EZ board as seeing fireguardian has some trouble.

mr_pikachu
29th July 2003, 12:57 PM
Oh, c'mon, now Oz! We all know there's no such thing as getting too into a competition! Especially when it's for modship! :D Go MR Tribe! *waves around sparklers to spell "Go MR Tribe"* Whee.

Andrew
29th July 2003, 04:25 PM
FireGuardian, I'm sorry if you don't know how to access the old EzBoard, perhaps using the EzBoard's main page you can search for it.

Lugia, you're fine to help out behind the scenes, we can't stop you, but you cannnot submit an answer.

Mr_Pika, it seems you always get the last say on here ;) lol. Or rather the latest post.

Team Rocket's Lugia
29th July 2003, 07:58 PM
Fireguardian, a PM has been sent to you for assistance.

Anyone else need help?

30th July 2003, 07:38 AM
Oooh! ^_^ I've submitted, and am waiting for the others...=) Go M_r Tribe!!!

-_- I spent quite some time..*sighs* I hope no one else took that fic ...

Craig
1st August 2003, 07:06 PM
MR will win for sure, we wont lose again! :O *taunt*

Yea, thats right, were gonna win!

*Does a little dance like th eguys in his signature*

We had some big organisation, but still a few people submitted the same ones ( I believe there was 2?) I wonder if M_R has this entire..idea..thing

mr_pikachu
4th August 2003, 12:39 AM
If I'm not mistaken, this contest should have been over yesterday. I guess you guys are currently going over the results, right? Good luck to both teams, and may the best tribe win! :D

*plays tiny MR Tribe drum* Whee. :rolleyes:

DannyBoy
4th August 2003, 01:24 AM
I have a question, I remember before the results of this first challenge were revealed, Oz said,

And a new little ditty, if you fail to compete in an elimination challenge, its an Auto KO for you.

That did not happen but I am thinking it was because of it being said after the contest was done. Now the second one is over will that be the rulefrom now on with the 2nd challange?

mr_pikachu
4th August 2003, 01:33 AM
I think it means from that point on, but I also don't think immunity challenges apply. Only elimination challenges. At least, if I'm correct in my assumption.

Andrew
5th August 2003, 01:03 AM
MR Wins Immunity.

Congratulations.

M_r you're up for elimination. Expect the next challenge soon.

And if you fail to respond to an elimination. You are DQed.

Craig
5th August 2003, 01:53 AM
Hah! I knew we'd win!

*wink* :D

5th August 2003, 04:26 AM
*cries* awwwwww......We lost.....

;_; When will the elimination contest thing be held?

Andrew
5th August 2003, 08:03 PM
Elimination Challenge

Unfortunately Mew_ryuu, welcome to your first Elimination Challenge. Today in this challenge, you have to respond to a set of Hypotheticals. And answer on what would you do, you can choose to close a thread, move a thread, warn someone, ect ect ect, put your "Mod Powers" to use. There is no absoulte right or wrong, we'll be judging on your actual judgement.

1) Main Forum - HI!! I IS NEW!

Real One Bjarni - Hi! I is new to TOPM! :) I write my fanfci! I have fun fun fun! Mai Malktank will roll outver MOOOOO you. So, zi I'need persmistsion to write fic? MOXERATOR HELP ME! MOOOOO! MILKATN! I is 45 Where I write my stories of malktanks and cp!

NO BANN ME!

IttyBittyPichu - Hi! Welcome to fanfic :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) I like smiley faces!!!!

Real One Bjarni - YOU NOT MODERATOR! I HAMMAR YOU KNO!

2) Main Forum - High And Dry.

Ho-Oh's Ho - The sun was hot, the sky was clear and the waves were pounding against the shore with a thunderous crash. It would've been a lovely day at the beach if you were planning on swimming. But alas, a Tentacool and a Tentacruel had been cruelly thrown onto the sand where they would eventually die.

The Tentacool looked over to his evolved form and with a weak chuckle said, “Nice day isn't it?”

The Tentacruel simply gave a bitter laugh, “Yeah I come here all the time, why'd you come?”

Both of these Pokemon had their Ruby of the Ocean shining brightly in the midday heat. There were some Pidgey and Spearow around, feasting on the fish and chips scraps tourists had left on the beach, littering it. The water was getting ever further away as the tide that had dragged them in was now brutally leaving them with an immanent death.

“Ah well you wouldn't believe it but I was looking for a school of Remoraid or Goldeen that I had heard were nearby. I was looking for my swarm's benefit so we could have a feast” said the elder

“Ah I'm more of a freelance Pokemon, almost as long as I could remember I was alone, but that was until I made friends with a Shellder,” replied the Tentacool, recalling his life.

“I never really knew any Pokemon as friends except for the Tentacool in my swarm. My partner used to be a Trained Pokemon but one say she ran away because she wanted to live her own life. She liked travelling for quite a few years, but one day she just got out and left, and she was never happier,” replied the Tentacruel

“Anyway, we used to be best friends, and we used to do everything together Crusty and I, until one say when we were in the shallows, some kids caught her in a bucket saying something about Show and Tell, and I never saw him again, I heard his screams to be put back, but the children simply thought he was laughing. It was tragic” The Tentacool would have shed a tear for his lost friend, but he needed to conserve all the moisture he could if he wanted to survive.

The ever-absent surf was just out of the Pokemon's reach, taunting them with its white froth and endless blue ripples. Both the Pokemon looked out sadly, this may be their last time to see it.

“Yeah my wife, she loved the ocean, my swarm is probably worrying about me right now. I hope they don't worry, I won't survive this, but mate, if you ever make it back tell my swarm I died happy and I love them,” whispered the Tentacruel weakly

“Come on man you can hold on, tell me about your kids, you'll see them again” responded the Tentacruel, full of life, but in a life-threatening situation.

“Ah I've had so many, most were eaten when they were young by Mantine and Octillery, but I had this one son who was so full of life” said the Tentacruel weakly, his brilliant blue fading, the tips of his tentacles withering away.

“Go on”, urged the young one.

“Well he always said he wanted to go out and explore the world, saying how he'd be the best Tentacruel ever. But one day he simply disappeared while we were on the surface during a storm, watching the lightning in the sky. I thought he had just gone under because it scared him, but when I realised he wasn't there I began to panic” The Tentacruel continued, his huge body straining to stay alive.

“What was his name?” asked Tentacool

“It was a long time ago…. What was it?… Jem, because his jewel was so red and pure. That's right, Jem.” coughed the old one.

The second the Tentacool heard the word Jem uttered, his subconscious mind, full of long gone memories came flooding back to him, faster than any Staryu or Starmie. The Tentacool now realised who he was. Jem.

“Dad?” asked the Tentacool

“What? Jem, is that you?” the Tentacruel's eyes filled with shock.

“Is that really you?! I've missed you for so long” the Tentacruel reached out with his withered tentacle and wrapped it around Jem's, squeezing it tightly.

The Tentacool wrapped his tentacle around his long lost father, “I've been lost for so long, but now I've found you Dad. We're going to get through this!” said the ever-weakening Tentacool. He now had a reason to live, the Tentacool had been washed up on the shore after trying to take on a Kingler, and the Kingler had simply flung him onto shore to die.

The Tentacruel saw his time was drawing short. “Jem I want you to live, take my last fluids. Maybe someone will walk past and put you back. Anyway you're young, I want you to live. Don't argue,” said the Tentacruel sternly, his time had come, he'd lived a long and happy life. Now he was dying in the sand, in which he was born.

The Tentacool simply nodded, and struggled to hold back tears as his father began to deflate and groan. The Tentacruel groaned out, “I love you son, and I'll always be with you” before his dried husk, slumped onto the ground.
The Tentacool was filled with joy, amazed to have found his father, only to lose him moments after. Jem was lost in his grief. After what seemed like hours the tide began to come back, but it would not reach him fast enough, Jem would perish before he would be able to get back into the water.

Unexpectedly a girl with Red hair and blue eyes came over to Jem, her face was kind, and she spoke softly to Jem. “You poor thing you must be really tired, let me look after you?” and as she said that she held out a ball. Jem had seen one of them before somewhere but in his weakened state he couldn't remember what.

Behind her there was a boy with a yellow thing, that was building a sandcastle, he rudely said, “Come on Misty, you don't need to catch that ugly blue Jelly! I've got my next badge to get!”

The girl moved away from Jem for a minute, “Ash Ketchum, you pig. All you care about is you, you, YOU! For god's sake, look at this poor Pokemon, its about to die and all you can care about is a stupid piece of plastic! Maybe you should prioritise and stay away from me” she said full of rage, pointing at him and giving him a look of disgust.

An older boy stepped in, he had a tanned complexion and he also turned to the boy who had just been yelled at, “That's right Ash, you have been a jerk lately ever since you lost to Ritchie again. Maybe you should just cool down for a while”

The girl turned back to Tentacool, and a small Pokemon in a shell waddled in the sand, and petted the Tentacool with concern. Jem gave a slow “Tentacool” with the last of his energy, and the girl touched the red ball on Tentacool's jewel and said, “What a beautiful Jem you have Tentacool, I can't wait to get to know you better”. With that Tentacool was sucked inside the ball where it was cool and safe.

Tentacool shed a tear for his father and slipped into unconcinousness.

NewbieFlamer101 - You suck.

Small reply Sunkern. - (y) Good.

3) Archive - Lapras Valley High

Mist's Stalker2 - OMFG! I LOVE THIS FIC! WRITE MORE OF LVH! I saw this unlocked and HAD To reply! YOU ROOL! I WANT TO SEE YOU SOON!

4) Main Forum - ****ING RIGGED!
Mewfour's Long Lost Cousin - Can I tell you how stupid your awards are. They're so bloody rigged, its a joke. ****! ****! I like my swear words! HOW CAN I NOT WIN! MY FIC IS BETTER THAN THE LOAD OF **** YOU OTHER PEOPLE COME UP WITH! I'm going to spam your forum to death now! DIE YOU STUPID MODS DIE!

5) Lounge - Hi...
Tiny Torchic - Hi... I'm new

6) Main Forum - 6 Topics - I HATE YOU ALL!
Latias 4 - I 'm SPAMMING YOU TO DEATH! DIE DIE DIE! I"LL SOHOW YHOU NOT TO GIVE ME AWARTDS! DIE YOU STUPID MODS DIE!

7) Main Forum - When Destinies Collide
Random++ - Post more. Now.

8) Writers Lounge - How Do I become Mod
Razzamatazz - HI! I mod at other fanfic boards and I want to mod here. Please mod me now. www.fanfiction.net www.pokemon.com www.pokemonfiction.com www.televisionwithoutpity.com/forums See I mod there. Mod me now. I deserve it.

9) Vault - New Gamecube Game
Tron's Bro - Hey dudes, the new Mario game looks 1337. My 1337 speak r0x0rs y0 s0x0rs. www.gamespot.com Mario can now jump! AND he can swear!

10) Main forum - Newbie's Fic! BEWARE!

Togepi's Mom - I'll write fic later, I'm tired. But like, any suggestions? And I'm starting off with a Pikachu. :) And I'm travelling with Ash! I"m so good!

M_r you must have your submissions in by:

10th August 6pm for Aussies
9th August 11:59 for Yanks.

Any Q's post them. If you fail to respond, you are eliminated.
Remember. These are hypotheticals, respond as you would to a person. And if you would use any mod powers, if any.

Good Luck.

Last Exile
6th August 2003, 12:09 AM
I've sent ya a PM Andy. :yes:

Good luck to eveyrone else. Stay strong, M_r! :)

Andrew
6th August 2003, 12:28 AM
Thank you CCC.

Here is a list of the M_r Tribe and who hasn't yet submitted their form.

Citrus Crush Chikorita. (Submitted)
FireGuardian
Gavin Luper (Submitted)
DragoKnight (Submitted)
Hyperness is a Good Thing (Submitted)
The Decapitated Mole (Submitted)
Team Rocket's Lugia (Submitted)
mistysakura (Submitted)

Any Questions, ask.

Team Rocket's Lugia
6th August 2003, 06:30 AM
GO m_r tribe! we can make it!

I have sent my message!

*waves a M_r banner!*

The Decapitated Mole
6th August 2003, 08:19 AM
We can do it!

I've submitted mine. Go M_r! *has M_r shaved in his hair* *drinks M_r brand soda* *wallpapers his room with M_r banners and posters*
Um...yea.

o_0
jimm

mr_pikachu
6th August 2003, 05:47 PM
Well, good luck to the M_r tribe! Hopefully you won't lose 5 members this round! ... Then again... :P

Well, anyway, too bad about the elimination, but someone had to face the music, I guess. May the... uh... worst man lose! ... Yeah... Anyway, Bjarni jokes... so cruel... and yet so true...

Team Rocket's Lugia
10th August 2003, 08:11 AM
Isn't this suppossed to be over 9 hours and 12 minutes ago?
Anyways, I want to see the results!

GO M_r! *Blows a whistle to summon a whole parade with everything!*

mr_pikachu
10th August 2003, 02:55 PM
So, did Fire, Gavin, and Drago ever submit their answers, or are they Auto KOed? I'm anxious with anticipation here!

Go MR Tribe! *clangs trash can lids with "MR" painted on them together* Whee.

Andrew
10th August 2003, 04:56 PM
If you two impatient kiddies can wait, the results will be up ASAP Ok. DH and I need to confer and we're on opposite sides of the world ok. K Then.

dratinihaunter13
11th August 2003, 03:23 PM
Okeydokey, it was tough but Oz and I agreed on who to cut. This contest really helped us a lot in evaluating the contestants. Now we know your opinions on some things and have seen your approach to modding (which is varied, we like ;)). Thanks to everyone put some time and thought into that elimination challenge. Unfortunately, one had to go, and that contestant was Team Rocket's Lugia. Sorry dude, please don't think we hate you, it's just part of the contest. Any thoughts can go in Mist's Elimination Station at the Lounge.

On a side note, Fireguardian has failed to send in his pm before the deadline, so he is DQ'ed. Thanks for signing up Fireguardian.

The field is thinning and Oz and I won't be able to talk today, so expect the next immunity challenge to be presented within the next couple days. Please no prodding for us to hurry up this time. It... really doesn't help ;).

*gets an amazon native band to play some theme music for everybody*

mr_pikachu
11th August 2003, 09:12 PM
Tough break, TR's Lugia, and you too, FireGuardian. But hey, hope you two had fun with it! Anyways, congrats to the rest of the contestants for moving on to the next round! May the best candidate win! And don't worry, we'll be patient! Really! Yeah! :rolleyes:

*blows whistle of MR Tribe train* Whee.

mistysakura
12th August 2003, 01:39 AM
Oh well... too bad TR's Lugia and FireGuardian... what can I say? Hope you had fun anyway! I guess the two tribes are even now. Go M_r!

dratinihaunter13
13th August 2003, 05:49 PM
Immunity Challenge #3!

I think it's #3.

Anyway! This time we have Fanfic Trivia!

Each tribe gets these ten questions to answer.

1. Name all three members of the “Fantasy Trio”
2. Which pokemon was on Fanfic’s first custom banner?
3. Which of the four seasonal Awards Ceremonies were run by the Moderators, and which by the members?
4. During the April Fools’ joke where the mods switched forums, where did the Fanfic mods go?
5. Name one pokemon on the rejected, second custom banner idea (illustrated by Mew_Ryuu)
6. Which member was a Fanfic mod for four days?
7. Which member wrote “Mark’s Journey”, a trainer fic?
8. Who came up with the Fanfic Soundtracks idea?
9. What was Mist’s original TPM name?
10. Name 5 past mods of Fanfic (name more than 5 for extra credit)
Note: In the case of a tie of questions answered correctly, the tiebreaker will be however many more than 5 past mods a tribe is able to name.

The team captains are I Love X-Tina and Hyperness is a Good Things (randomly selected). Oz and I will only grade X-Tina's and Hyper's answer sheets, and they can receive help from the rest of their tribe through Private Messages, AIM, whatever.

So X-Tina and Hyperness, PM your completed answer sheets to yours truly, dratinihaunter13 before the end of August 16th. That's EST, New York time. Good luck tribes. BWAHAHAHHA

DannyBoy
13th August 2003, 06:37 PM
Ok everyone on my team im me on Dannifrmdablock so we can figure this out. If you dont have aim pm me so we can get this right. We can do this!

14th August 2003, 04:29 AM
Okies..
@_@ I was wondering why did I suddenly get so many private messages... *laughs*

Anyways... Team M_R...please please PM me immediately... as soon as you can, I need to compile the answers...

mr_pikachu
14th August 2003, 11:03 PM
Uh... guys? I'm not sure if you noticed, but Psi Yamaneko's back. In case anyone forgot, he's the mod who's spot is being filled.

So... what happens now? Are we going ahead with the competition, or are we giving him his modship back? :confused:

Andrew
14th August 2003, 11:55 PM
Mr Pikachu. How. Many. Times. Have. You Posted IN THIS TOPIC!? Its insane! ARGH!

And Psi will not be remodded even though she is back. And for the record - Psi Yam is a girl. So you can continue on k.

dratinihaunter13
16th August 2003, 03:46 PM
Hyperness has submitted her tribe's, still waiting on X-tina's tribe answers. it's not a race though, submitting later could be an advantage, more time to find out the answers. =)

17th August 2003, 04:46 AM
I thought you said there was a deadline..by the end of 16th August?

The Decapitated Mole
17th August 2003, 08:18 AM
Yeah, me too, and from where I am now it is Sunday, August 17 9:16 AM.

o_0
jimm

DannyBoy
17th August 2003, 10:07 AM
The deadline is at the end of august 16th and I sent it before the 16th was over. Now we just wait.

dratinihaunter13
17th August 2003, 10:08 AM
Both tribes got their answers in before the deadline, we're reviewing the answers right now. :wave: don't worry we didn't forget or anything

dratinihaunter13
17th August 2003, 07:40 PM
class! gather round the answer key!

1. Name all three members of the “Fantasy Trio”
BBP (Damian Silverblade), Timarelay, Rapidash Rider

2. Which pokemon was on Fanfic’s first custom banner?
Butterfree

3. Which of the four seasonal Awards Ceremonies were run by the Moderators, and which by the members?
summer/winter - mods , spring/fall - members

4. During the April Fools’ joke where the mods switched forums, where did the Fanfic mods go?
RPG

5. Name one pokemon on the rejected, second custom banner idea (illustrated by Mew_Ryuu)
Rattata or Sentret

6. Which member was a Fanfic mod for four days?
Tygerofdanyte

7. Which member wrote “Mark’s Journey”, a trainer fic?
Andy Newer

8. Who came up with the Fanfic Soundtracks idea?
Mewf0ur

9. What was Mist’s original TPM name?
MistyDeeDee

10. Name 5 past mods of Fanfic (name more than 5 for extra credit)
BBP, Timarelay, Mew_Ryuu, Misty Rocks, Togechukku, Psi Yamaneko, Growlithe_Trainer, Tygerofdanyte, Blitzzzzzzz, Ginger Cat, Starfire, Chicken Winger Mew to name a few (we didn't count more than one alias per actual person)

After some good gradin', the gold star goes to the MR tribe for their smarts. :D They also get immunity! M_r, you all are game for the next Elimination challenge. One of you will be out of the competition after this challenge, and here it is.

Elimination Challenge # 3

M_r Tribe - Write a short story using these three things some way, somehow. 1. A lightbulb 2. A key 3. A knife.

Your story must be 1500 words or less. Nope, not a lot of breathing room, but a Fanfic mod has to be able to write well. It's tough to write out a plot in 1500 words, so don't think it has to be one big start to end story. It can also be a description of a scene, part of a larger story, as long as it uses a lightbulb, key, and knife. We'll be looking at how much you can do with 1500 words and how creative or crafty you can get incorporating these three things. Any genre, any rating, any length under or at 1500 words. It doesn't have to be right up to 1500 if ya don't need it.

M_r tribe, PM OzAndrew your short stories by the end of August 21st.

Thanks for the great participation people =).

mr_pikachu
17th August 2003, 10:16 PM
Congrats MR Tribe! It looks like M_r is gonna have to face elimination for the second round in a row... bummer. But, I guess it had to happen to somebody. Anyway, good luck to you guys in the elimination round! May the worst member lose! :/ That doesn't sound very kind, but hey, at least it makes sense...

Oh, and OzAndrew, think of it this way: At least I'm dedicated. Sure, I may be dedicated to a fault, but better that than the other way around, right? Anyway, I can understand your concerns, and I'll try to post a little less in this topic. It's just that I've had nothing to do this summer other than hang around TPM, and I enjoy this forum (and the contest) so much that I spend most of my time around here. I've also spent quite a bit of time in the PCG forum, so I'm not just picking on you all or anything. Well, as I said, I'll try to post here a bit less. In closing, good luck, M_r Tribe! We'll see how this turns out! :)

Andrew
17th August 2003, 10:23 PM
Mr Pikachu. I understand you were bored, and I have no problems with how many posts someone makes in any topic, as long as they're relevant and not spammy. I guess I got fed up with the amount of spammy posts... 16 or 17... *Shrugs*

Don't do it again.

Andrew
24th August 2003, 09:18 PM
Unfortunately we let CCC, Gavin and The Decapitated Mole go.

CCC and Gavin for no submission and TDM for his simply very very very odd piece of writing. Which was a Microstory.

Congratulations to those who passed. Please proceed to Stage 2.

All those removed, please make your way to Mist's Elimination Station.

Good Evening. *Closes*