PDA

View Full Version : THE GREAT FANFIC MOD ELECTION!!!!!!!!!!! VOTE NOW!!!!!!!!

Gavin Luper
13th December 2008, 12:47 AM
Good morning, afternoon and evening to all members of Fanfic!

Following the resignation of darktyranitar as Fanfiction moderator, the remaining three moderators (myself, mistysakura and mr_pikachu) seek a replacement mod.

In the applications thread, we were astounded to find 14 people putting their hands up for the position. Thanks to everyone who applied, but there can of course only be one mod chosen from the pack. After some seriously gruelling discussions that have taken the better part of a week, we have been able to narrow down the field to our final two candidates.

They are:

classy_cat18

PancaKe

So, who do you want as the next mod of Fanfic? Vote now and let your voice be heard!

Voting closes precisely 7 days (one week) from when I make this post! Get cracking!!!

Andrew
13th December 2008, 01:33 AM
Frankly, Tara has the experience for Fanfic and she comes up with a lot of great topics.

Lady Vulpix
13th December 2008, 05:56 AM
I think either of them would be a good choice. I have no preference between them.

Greyfox
13th December 2008, 05:44 PM
Waitaminute! This list is flawed. Those two aren't me! There must be some sort of mistake. Or my Internet's broken.

That aside, my vote goes to PancaKe. She's had prior experience and is one of the friendliest members of the forum.

-Grey

Captain Pringle
14th December 2008, 04:31 AM
Wow, I had pancakes for breakfast this morning. Tara gets my vote. :) She's definitely got the experience, on top of being super friendly!

Heald
14th December 2008, 10:41 AM
I'm just wondering how seriously you took my application. Clearly not seriously enough.

Ultimate Charizard
14th December 2008, 01:14 PM
I'm just wondering how seriously you took my application. Clearly not seriously enough.

Oh Heald you know noone really likes you ;) thats why i didnt get picked either :(

*tosses a coin*

No really, tbh i think id have to give it to Pankace, it would be good to see a Mod that is actually a Nice person too :) (not that Classy isnt nice of course, forgot to say that...but Pancakes AV just looks happy lol)

Dark Sage
14th December 2008, 02:39 PM
Heck, I applied, but I think Tara would make a much better mod than I would.

Blademaster
14th December 2008, 08:37 PM
My vote goes to Shonta. I'm of the out with the old, in with the new mindset. Just in case I haven't made that clear enough by now.

PancaKe
14th December 2008, 09:37 PM
Are you calling me old Blademaster?
I'll have you know I haven't even turned 20 yet.

What happens if there is a tie? Do we both get to be mod? YAY!

Jeff
14th December 2008, 10:11 PM
Jelly wrestling.:P

Meh, can't decide. Of course I don't feel like I visit fanfic enough to have a good opinion. Both are definitely qualified so I'd be happy with either joining the modding team.

Bulbasaur4
14th December 2008, 10:28 PM
*smacks Jeff*

Anyway, I like both of them as well! Pancake is very cheerful, helpful and nice but classy is as well! @_@ I think what decided my vote though was that Pancake was already a mod but then it wasn't too long ago at all that she wasn't' even at TPM anymore. She has experience, but ... let's face the truth: being a mod doesn't really need that much experience! xD Classy gets my vote because she is simply ALWAYS around on AIM and on TPM! She could practically be TPMer's emergency 911 call due to how she's always stalking this board 24/7. xD

Blademaster
14th December 2008, 10:38 PM
Are you calling me old Blademaster?

No, I'm saying that you were a Mod before. >: Give someone else a chance God damn you. ):<

Jelly wrestling.:P

I nominate tag partners. Kalah and Houndoom_Lover should help them.

classy_cat18
14th December 2008, 10:44 PM
She could practically be TPMer's emergency 911 call due to how she's always stalking this board 24/7. xD

I do not stalk this board 24/7! I need sleep, you know! *chugs fourth bottle of Vault*

Jelly wrestling.

I nominate tag partners. Kalah and Houndoom_Lover should help them.

No, nope, nein, iie, and hell no.

Bulbasaur4
14th December 2008, 10:48 PM
No, nope, nein, iie, and hell no.

She only says that because she's allergic to gelatin. PUDDING MATCH YOU SAY?! *runs off*

PancaKe
14th December 2008, 10:49 PM
Naw come on Shonta! Little bit o' jelly wrestling never hurt anyone! :D

classy_cat18
14th December 2008, 11:03 PM
Naw come on Shonta! Little bit o' jelly wrestling never hurt anyone! :D

No, but it makes good material for blackmail.

PancaKe
14th December 2008, 11:24 PM
As long as you don't know anyone mean enough to blackmail you , you should be fine!!!

:D

mr_pikachu
15th December 2008, 12:46 AM
See, this is why I was pushing for a steel cage match, but noooooo. Ada just wanted to see both of you all wet and slippery.

mistysakura
15th December 2008, 06:23 AM
Why can't we have both? Jelly fight in a steel cage -- rock on!

Bulbasaur4
15th December 2008, 06:39 AM
OOO! I demand that I get to be the announcer then! : D Mwha!

Mewfour
16th December 2008, 12:52 PM
Wasn't Pancake already a mod?

Or am I just senile?

classy_cat18
16th December 2008, 03:11 PM
Yes, but she applied again (obviously).

EDIT: She was, but then she resigned.

PancaKe
16th December 2008, 05:33 PM
Yeah ages ago I was a mod ; then I hit final year of high school, or the final year and a half and was like "gotta resign man"...

and then we couldn't afford internet at my house anyway in the final year of high school - so I guess it was good that I resigned cos I became inactive after that..

and then when I tried to come back once I got the internet found out that my account had been hacked and banned and couldn't be fixed even after emailing administrators etc....

and THEN after all that, I spoke to Andrew and he unbanned me and fixed everything. So that's where I went for 2 years. Life story.

Dark Sage
16th December 2008, 05:35 PM
And we're all happy to have you back. We were all wondering where you had gone, after all.

Don't go away again, please.

PancaKe
16th December 2008, 05:43 PM
And we're all happy to have you back. We were all wondering where you had gone, after all.

Don't go away again, please.

Don't plan to leave for a while :D

mr_pikachu
20th December 2008, 12:51 AM
18-17. It looks like we have a winner!

Tara, I think the closeness of this election really demonstrates how much this forum loves you. Do stick around! It's great to have you here. ^_^

And Shonta, there's nothing to say except congratulations! Welcome to the team.

Asilynne
20th December 2008, 12:53 AM
GRATS CLASSY :D

classy_cat18
20th December 2008, 12:58 AM
This was so close, and I couldn't have asked for a better rival. *shakes PancaKe's hand*

Let's just hope I can avoid going blind in case Roy Karrde decides to post certain pics.

mistysakura
20th December 2008, 02:25 AM
That was one nail-biter of a jelly fight. Congratulations, Shonta. Welcome to the team. *tries to teach secret handshake, then realises we don't have one* It's going to be fun working together. And well, if Roy decides to post photos, we'll go blind together :P Tara, it'll still be great having you around the forum :)

Bulbasaur4
20th December 2008, 02:40 AM
Congrats Shonta! It's pretty neat to see a close race like this- shows how much the forums appreciate and love the both of you.

Again, congrats! I look forward to harrassing you now. ^_~ It's an RPG mod's duty to harrass our parent forums' moderators.

Blademaster
20th December 2008, 03:25 AM
Ahhh...

The system works.

Gavin Luper
20th December 2008, 03:41 AM
Whoa ... that was a ridiculously close battle there, pretty much vote-for-vote each time ...

Congratulations Shonta! We're all looking forward to having you on the team - here's your modstick! Use it wisely (or become drunk with power like the rest of us, hehe).

Commiserations to you though, Tara, I would have loved to work with you once again too. We'll still see you around though, right?

Now, we wait for the admins ...

Lady Vulpix
20th December 2008, 08:49 AM
Wow, that was really close! I guess every vote counted. Except mine, because I didn't vote. :P

Congratulations, Shonta!
And Tara, congrats on getting 17 votes. Please do stick around.

darktyranitar
20th December 2008, 09:12 AM
Congrats, Shonta! I'm sure you'll do great at moderating =)

*salute the fanfic mods*

Jeff
20th December 2008, 11:28 AM
Congratulations and welcome to the modding staff!

Now, we wait for the admins ...

*Jeopardy theme plays*...

Goodnight Seadra
20th December 2008, 12:05 PM
That was one nail-biter of a jelly fight. Congratulations, Shonta. Welcome to the team. *tries to teach secret handshake, then realises we don't have one*
Heh, secret handshake. Reminds me of that one recent episode of the Simpsons. BEST SECRET HANDSHAKE EVER! XD

Anyways, congrats classy_cat! I may not know you too much, but I've read your posts and you seem like a nice gal. Good luck! :)

PancaKe
21st December 2008, 05:25 PM
This sucks. LOL not!

Congrats Shonta! You know, origionally I was going to force you to apply if you didn't apply yourself, so I'm glad to see someone deserving got the position :D

Thanks everyone who voted for me ^_^

xo