PDA

View Full Version : Half Life 2!! - Preview

GreenShirT
1st May 2003, 06:23 PM
Thats right, after 5 years of people crying out for a sequel those nice people at valve and seirra have answered with Half Life 2, due out in September: SPOLIERS BELOW, if you dont wanna know the story, look away!
¬¬
¬¬
¬¬
¬¬
¬¬
¬¬
¬¬
¬¬
¬¬
¬¬
¬¬
¬¬
¬¬
¬¬
¬¬
¬¬
¬¬
¬¬
¬¬
¬¬
¬¬
You play once again as Freeman and you now work for G-Man (The office worker looking guy you kept poping up to help and kidnapped you in the end, along with a few other of the Black Mesa scientists. Set in the future Freeman is given orders from G-Man who, during the course of the game you find out about. Also Barney returns in this game, although I havent heard anything about Shepard as yet. New characters are abundant but your main ally will be Alyx Vance, whos mother was killed in the incident at Black Mesa in HL and Eli.
Also continuing where Red Faction left off HL2 will include more advance GeoMod Technology which should make killing grunts just that little more satsifying :)

I dont know about anyone else but I simply cant wait for this, I am playing through all the Half-Life games again at the minute and am remembering why they are considered the best of the best.

Come September 29th I am going to Gamestation and buy it, although I am expecting delays. EEP HL2!!!!! :)

PNT510
1st May 2003, 06:43 PM
I can't wait for it :> Although my friend almost ripped my arm off in excitement when I told him when I found out a few days ago :<

Cowboy_Bebop
1st May 2003, 07:49 PM
HL2 is going to be good and all, but Condition zero > HL2

dienamight
2nd May 2003, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Bebop
HL2 is going to be good and all, but Condition zero > HL2

Hahahahahaah. I bet you think Half-Life is a mod of Counterstrike or something.

Anyway, the G-Man didn't kidnap Freeman, he gave him a choice; work for him or die.

Also, I read the entire scanned article thingy and HL2 sounds amazing. The sequel to the best FPS of all times is finally upon us. Valve is a marketing genius.

Cowboy_Bebop
2nd May 2003, 03:42 PM
dienamight, why the **** would I think that HL is a mod of CS? I'm saying this on an account of its having a single player, great multiplayer, and online cooperative. It has so much replay value... So why would I think that HL is a mod of CS? Condition zero and HL2 are totally different games, in no way related.