PDA

View Full Version : Away/Back Topic (Revived)

mr_pikachu
8th August 2005, 11:26 PM
Since it appears that the old Away/Back thread was lost during the server move, I'll start it back up. (I was going to post in it when I realized that it wasn't there.)

Basically, this thread is for anyone in Fanfic to announce when they are going to be absent from the forum for a period of time and/or when they return. So, if I was going out of town and I wasn't sure if I would have access to the internet, I could make a post here saying that. The same goes for any absence from the forum for any other reason.

...I may as well make the first declaration. I'm back from a short vacation my family and I took. It was a lot of fun, but I'm still happy to be back at the forum.

The Decapitated Mole
10th August 2005, 09:07 AM
Uh... I'm back from being gone since friday at my cousin Eric's wedding. 'Twas an awesome time, especially since he paid me a hundred bucks to videograph it.

o_0
jimm

dratinihaunter13
14th August 2005, 02:12 PM
I'm gonna be on the east coast touring schools with my little brother. he's heading off to college soon. should be hitting baltimore, D.C. and Boston. anyways, i'll be back on the 19th, then flown right back to arizona, then wonderful school. ms pancake and gavin, if any of you want to start up the nomination topic for the GPs while i'm gone, please go right ahead. i can catch up once i get back.

Lady Vulpix
15th August 2005, 12:33 PM
I'm back from Finland. The trip was lovely and inspiring, and there's a new chapter of Quest of Twelve up. :)

dratinihaunter13
20th August 2005, 04:51 PM
Back! and i love providence rhode island. something about that town, i dunno. loved it. boston of course rocked as well. time to catch up on stuff now.

Darien Shields
2nd September 2005, 02:46 PM
[Enter School]
[Exit Darien Shields]

Master of Paradox
2nd September 2005, 03:52 PM
For the time being, I'll only be around on the weekdays, and absent during national holidays and the summer.

Why? Because I'm stuck on college computers until AOL and my phone company stop kicking my ass.

mistysakura
24th September 2005, 05:17 AM
Well, I'm away from tomorrow until Friday. I'll be at Sydney for a gymnastics competition, and there's no internet access, so yeah I'll be having fun and stuff and see you all next week.

mr_pikachu
4th October 2005, 01:03 AM
Well, I'm back. I was at my parents' house from Saturday afternoon to Sunday night, and the only internet access was on a computer that takes ten minutes to load Microsoft Word. Needless to say, I had much less in the way of internet capabilities than I expected, which is why I didn't post a note about going away in the first place. But I'm back now. :)

Gavin Luper
11th October 2005, 02:11 AM
Hi everyone.

This isn't a real "away" notice as such, because I will probably be back sporadically for the next week or two, but ultimately, I'm going to be away from TPM for the next uh ... six weeks. Study, graduation, exams, etc. means I'll have very little time to hang around here, but luckily it's only a temporary absence. I'll be back, free from school, around November 23!

Just to let everyone know that I haven't evaporated completely. The FFRO and LTL will continue as usual upon my return.

Cheers!

- Gavin.

mr_pikachu
14th October 2005, 07:13 PM
I'll be gone for a couple of days myself. We're heading down to Houston to cheer on the Cards. Woohoo! :biggrin:

EDIT: Good news: I'm back from the trip to Houston.

Bad news: The Cardinals got beat in both of the games that I got to see.

eevee-shayna
23rd October 2005, 10:20 PM
I'll be gone from the 25th to the 30th. I'm going to Kentucky to compete in the national Food Science comepetition for FFA, being the over-active FFA enthusiest that I am.

eevee-shayna
30th October 2005, 03:23 PM
^back

mistysakura
19th November 2005, 12:05 AM
Well, my excuse is that I've been too busy to post in the Away topic. But anyway, incase you haven't noticed (which you probably wouldn't have considering my normal inactivity), I've got exams at the moment, until Friday 25th. so I won't be able to come on much until then. See ya all!

mistysakura
1st December 2005, 12:01 AM
And I'm back. Took a little longer than expected because f some computer troubles. But it's all good now.

mr_pikachu
24th December 2005, 02:41 AM
Well, I didn't think I was going to be gone for a week...

I've been dealing with massive computer issues since the 16th. I have no internet access at home right now, so I'm writing this post from an incredibly wretched PC at my grandparents' house. I don't really feel like dragging myself through the process of explaining the problems at the moment, as it's 2:35 A.M. where I live, which means I've gotten no sleep whatsoever for the last 40 hours or so. So I'm tired, wired, and currently trying to pry Elvis out of my bed with a crowbar.

Depending on how quickly I can get net access back up, I might be on regularly again starting Monday or a few weeks from now, when I move back to the dorms. And that's yet another nightmare I'll explain once George Washington gives my grandma's wooden dentures back.

...It's been a long week.

Gavin Luper
24th December 2005, 05:31 AM
Hi people.

Well, I'm going on holidays to Perth and then to the Gold Coast (Queensland) starting Boxing Day and I won't be back until the 11th/12th of January next year. So, just letting you all know that I'll have pretty much no internet/computer access at all during that time, thus no modding, no FFRO (as I said in the PM) and no new chapters of LTL til mid-January.

I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas for tomorrow! :biggrin:

I'll see you all in the new year.

Cheers!

- Gavin.

Gavin Luper
15th January 2006, 04:34 AM
Well ... just a quick note to say that I'm (obviously) back at last. Gold Coast was great, I had a great time!

Cheers!

mr_pikachu
31st October 2007, 02:13 AM
Time to revive the revival topic!

I'm probably going to be gone for most or all of next week. It's not that I'll be out of town or anything, but I've got some serious studying to do before that Saturday. I've been trying to build up my studying for awhile now, and I'll have to absolutely crack down during that last week.

mistysakura
31st October 2007, 03:29 AM
Speaking of studying... I have exams until the 13th so I 'should' be away. But I'll probably be taking too many 'study breaks' for that to happen :P

Lady Vulpix
31st October 2007, 05:53 AM
Good luck to both of you!

As for me, I'll be very busy, but I'll stick around.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
31st October 2007, 09:53 AM
Good luck with studying! I myself won't have much to do until autumn 2008 when I have been asked to teach Japanese in my current hometown. I don't know if I am going to do that, but I consider.

Anyways, I am not a big Fanfic person, I have not replied many fics, but I admit I am looking forward to mr_pikachu continuing WotF and that with some other fics have made me interested in Fanfic forum nowadays.

darktyranitar
4th November 2007, 12:35 AM
Right, so some of you might have noticed that I'm away for a while... You see, I had exam in the past 2 week (that, and plus my laptop is on mantainance). Though I am (slightly) free at the moment, I'll definitely be very busy once the second semester starts next week.

So yes, should you notice any sudden disappearance from me, it will probably mean that I am caught up in the college's tight schedule hullabaloo (in one way or another). You have been warned ;)

Goodnight Seadra
4th November 2007, 02:48 PM
Hey, everyone! Miss me! XD

Well, I had been gone for the past few days because of midterms (actually have one right now I should be studying. XD ) So yeah...probably won't be here until winter break. Might only come here to update "Nothing, Everything". :P

mr_pikachu
10th November 2007, 05:05 PM
Good news: Internet's back (was down for awhile) and the big test is over.
Bad news: Said test went badly.

I hope I don't have to retake it. I mean, I really, really hope I don't have to retake it...

Mewfour
22nd November 2007, 07:12 PM
Well it's about that time again to go an post something to keep my account active. I'm not so much returning as I am keeping myself able to lurk every now and then.