PDA

View Full Version : RuMbLe oF ThE RoBoT MaStErS1!1!1!

Mewfour
5th November 2003, 06:36 PM
Indeed, indeed, RotRMs has made it's glorious return to TPM! For those of you who have been living under a rock for the past two years and haven't heard of RotRMs, it's only been called the BEST damn Megaman fic in the 21st Century. So without any further ado, here is the Mega-Fic that everybody's been talking about:

Rumble of the Robot Masters

Prologue

Rockman yawned. He sat on the living room chair watching yet another soap opera rerun with his sister Roll. The plot on the soap was as boring and repetitive as usual to Rock. To Roll, however, every episode was as emotion packed and thrilling as the last. "That's so sad..." Roll sighed to herself, dabbing at the tears in her eyes watching some boy band wannabe pretty boy tell the Britney Spears idolizer that he has to move to some other country tomorrow.

"You're right Roll, that is sad..." Rock grumbled.

"Rock! Have you no heart?" Roll gasped at Rock's comment.

"Well, It's kinda' hard to have one once you've watched one episode repeat itself over and over and over again, calling itself a new episode every time," Rock sighed, "and then there's the killer robots always after me."

"Rock!" Roll sounded disgusted.

"I mean, the episodes are so predictable it's not predictable that there's gonna' be something new!" Rockman defended himself. "I mean, first the poser guy meets the tramp, they go out together, guy cheats on girl, break up, make up, someone has to move or find someone else or die...the same thing every episode."

"Honestly Rock..." Roll trailed off.

Just then, Blues ambled into the room. "Hey Rock, what's up bro?" Blues said cheerfully as he walked by the couch and plopped himself down between Rockman and Roll. "Hey sis'," Blues said while playfully ruffling Roll's amber blonde hair, "What's on?"

"Another one of her soaps," Rockman said gloomily, "she forced me to watch it with her."

"Again?" Blues chuckled. "I tell ya' though, it sure beats fighting robots bent on world domination scrapping everything in sight. You above all should know that, Rock," Blues jested, nudging Rockman in the ribs.

"Get off it, Blues," Rockman snorted with laughter, playfully whacking Blues' shoulder.

"Boys, I have some bad news for you," the voice of Doctor Light said from behind them. The three androids turned their heads around to look at their creator in the doorway to the living room. Auto was standing behind the Doctor, his arms crossed around his round body.

"What's up, Doc?" Blues said, a worried tone playing on his voice.

"Boys, I know how much you like that television," Light sighed, making his way to the couch where they sat, "but I'm afraid we can't afford the seven- thousand channel satellite dish anymore."

"What?" Rockman couldn't believe his audio receptors.

"Well boys," said Light, "recently public interest in my profession has, well, declined," Light said cautiously. "Our funding has been significantly cut short."

"Oh well," Blues hummed, "at least I can keep my stereo."

"What for, Doctor Light?" Rockman asked inquisitively.

"Well, people simply don't believe that robotics is the field of the future, Rock." Light sighed. "And at this rate, and at our current budget with cutbacks and all, my work will go under in about three months or so."

Roll gasped. "That can't happen!" she squealed, "You're Doctor Light! The smartest guy in the world! No one could doubt you! No one!"

"I'm afraid it can, Roll," Light sagged, "I'm afraid it can."

"There's gotta' be something we can do! Something that will get people back into robotics!"

"Like...?"

"Like..."

Roll found herself unable to continue.

"Wait!" Rockman gleamed jumping to his feet, "I've got it!"

"Got what?" Blues asked.

"I've got an idea that will get almost everyone back into robotics!" Rock exclaimed.

"What is it?" Light asked his robot.

"We'll- umm," Rockman trailed off. Soon, he was looking at Roll. "Roll, could you come with me for a second?" Rockman asked his sister as politely as he could.

"Umm, okay..." Roll murmured as she got to her feet.

After they brushed by Auto in the doorway, Rockman led Roll to the adjacent kitchen. "Listen, Roll, we both want Doctor Light to keep his job, right?" Rockman asked his sister. Roll nodded once.

"So?" she asked.

"Doctor Light is famous mainly because he built me as a fighting machine to keep Wily at bay," Rockman said. "So, I guess that means that most people are interested in robotics because of robot battles," Rockman reasoned, "does that sound right to you?"

"Yeah, I guess so." Roll shrugged. "So what's your great idea?"

"My idea is that we get all of Wily's and Doctor Cossack's misfit robots from the Robot Museum, reprogram them, and hold a tournament!" Rockman explained.

"That's crazy!" Roll blurted out, "No one would want to see that! Remember what happened last time an idea like that was made? Wily stole all the robots for himself and tried to dominate the world with them!"

"Wily's in hiding now, remember?" Rockman reminded his sister, "I don't think he'll give us any trouble."

"Okay, so let me get this straight: you want to get all of the rouge robots from the Museum, right?" Roll asked his brother calmly. Rockman nodded.

"And then you want to hold some kind of tournament, where people pay to get in to see a pile of robots beat the circuitry out of each other?"

"You got it." Rockman smiled.

"What an absurd idea!" Roll exclaimed. "What if the robots don't want to fight? Even though they'll have to, they'll be sluggish and won't even try to fight! It'll be a disaster!"

"Who says they won't want to fight?" Rockman smirked, looking at Roll.

At first, Roll had no idea what Rockman was getting at. And then, after a few seconds of silence passed between them, Roll caught on. "Oh no. No no no!" Roll pouted.

"Aw, please?" Rockman pleaded.

"NO!"

"Please? For me?

"You heard me, no!"

"For Doctor Light at least?"

Roll paused and bit her lip. "Oh, fine," she grumbled.

"Well then, we'd better start preparing then," Rockman said, completely shifting thought as he walked back into the living room.

-The Asylum's note

So, the tournament begins! And just what did Rockman have in mind for Roll's place in all this? What? You think I'll tell ya' now? Ha, dream on. You'll just have to keep reading, won' cha?

-The Asylum (Chill Man)

Tainted
5th November 2003, 08:50 PM
I've always liked this fic, I forget how far I read into it... ...
Hmm...

Royal_Goddess_Tina
6th November 2003, 10:49 AM
Ok... I have never heard of this so... Ummmmm.... I guess I have been living under a rock for the past two years... Well... I have just decided to come out from underneath the rock.... Ahhh... The sun... My eyes... Eeeek... *Crawls back under rock* :yes: :wave:

Pokemaster Ash
6th November 2003, 06:49 PM
I loved this fic. Some of the RMs got creative in attacking. Others just plain gave it everything they had (if I wasn't mistaken, wasn't an asteroid/nuclear war going on in one of the fights?).

Mewfour
9th November 2003, 11:03 PM
Sorry bout the long wait, but I've decided to update RotRMs once every Sunday night, so don't be holding your breath, k?

Chapter 1- The Wreckoning

The fluffy white clouds hung high in the sky, floating around listlessly just like any other day. But this day was different. Today, people from all around the world gathered into the monstrous Monstropilis City Arena of Japan to bear witness to the epic event dubbed "The Wreckoning," an event so infamous the last month or so that it was constantly advertised all around the international commerce centers since it was conceived. Everywhere anyone in the world turned they would be staring at either a poster or a television screen shamelessly blaring the news of the gathering.

The stadium echoed with the jumbled voices in the seatings chatting amongst them. Suddenly, the large set of lights that illuminated the stadium in a deep indigo glowing abruptly shut off. Instantaneously, the whole crowd silenced with the lights' queue. The stadium was thrown into a pitch-black darkness. Then, a small bright spotlight shone down to the center of the arena. Standing in the light was a small blue robot, known world wide as the Blue Bomber, Rockman. "Ladies and Gentlemen!" Rockman called out to the crowd, "Welcome to the Wreckoning!" The crowd let sound a deafening cheer at the name of the event. "In this seven round tournament, sixty-four of the world's most notorious and feared robots will battle it out to determine the ultimate champion of the robot world!" Rockman continued. "And the undisputed master of metal and mainframes will claim the ultimate prize…" Rockman trailed off, outstretching his arm to one end of the arena as if inviting a guest to join him. Another small spotlight shone its glow down upon the entrance to the field, and a small red dressed blonde haired girl walked out into the center of the ring, accompanying Rockman. "…a one night date with the incredible…" The girl slowly shuffled her feet towards the center of the field. "…the always helpful," The girl was now standing at Rockman's side. "…and the beautiful inside and on the out, Roll!"

"I'm going to remember this, Rock!" Roll muttered under her breath. Roll swore she would remember; she had a large jar of honey at home with Rock's empty lubricant oil canister's name on it.

Instantly, the stadium lights turned themselves on once again, flooding the arena with bright white light. Rockman and Roll both made their way to a small booth behind the borders of the ring, joining Blues on the two vacant seats beside him. "Hey everyone, I'm Blues, and I'll be your ringside announcer tonight." Blues spoke into the microphone in his hand. "You all know who I am," Rockman said into a microphone of his own, "I'll also be your announcer."

"Well now," said Rockman casually, "Let's meet today's two combatants."

"On the north end of the battle field," Blues announced, "the king of physical strength, Guts Man!" A large black-bodied robot trudged from out of the north end entrance to the field.

"And hailing from the south end of the field," Rockman proclaimed, "the master of everything round and hollow, Ring Man!" A red and gold android entered the arena through the opposite end of Guts Man, playfully juggling a large golden ring in his hand.

"Huh huh, I'm gonna' crush ya'," Guts Man guffawed at Ring Man, his lethargic speech processor showing his neuro-circuitry capacity.

"B-Ring it on, chuckles," Ring Man retorted.

Auto suddenly jumped into the arena from the front row seats, aimed his hand at the center of the ring, and exclaimed, "Let the match begin, now!" And he hobbled back into his seat.

The two competitors circled around the field, eyeing each other doggedly while sizing themselves up. Guts man placed his gigantic closed fist into his other humongous hand and cracked his knuckles. He did the vise-a-versa with his other hand as well before sluggishly advancing on Ring Man. Ring Man gripped his ring in his hand tightly, awaiting Guts Man to come within his Ring Boomerang's attack range.

Ring Man found his moment, and pulled back his arm holding his ring. With a mighty sweep of his arm, Ring Man hurled the Ring Boomerang towards Guts Man. Before Guts Man could even move, the ring met him dead center in his face. If Guts Man had a nose, he would have been kneeling on the ground holding his nose in agony. Instead he knelt on the ground holding his face in his hands in agony. The ring projectile bounced off Guts Man's face and sailed back to Ring Man, who caught it effortlessly in his hand.

Within instants, Ring Man was rushing towards Guts Man with Ring Boomerang in hand. Ring Man raised his hand again ready to let Guts Man have it at point-blank range, when Guts Man raised his massive body, letting his height and girth tower over Ring Man, making him look like a scrawny sinew-cable. Ring Man barely had time to blink before Guts Man's massive fist introduced itself to Ring Man's face with inexcusable rudeness.

Ring Man found himself wandering about the ring in a dizzy haze, barely able to see straight out of his damaged visual receptors. "Ouch…thhhat reallly herrrrt…" Ring Man babbled, rubbing his unhinged jaw from underneath his metal mask.

"Huh, that was fun!" Guts Man bellowed, flexing his hydraulics-powered muscle cables.

Suddenly, Ring Man whirled around and threw another Ring Boomerang at his foe. Guts Man, now expecting the speeding projectile from Ring Man, raised his hand and caught the rushing ring. "Oooh, nice bracelet," Guts Man snorted, sliding the ring onto his forearm.

"Gimme back my ring, you freak!" roared Ring Man.

"It's mine now!" Guts Man shot back. "Come get it!"

Ring Man rushed at Guts Man, ignoring his better common sense. Guts Man only held up his hand and stopped Ring Man's charge by blocking him by his face, "Give it back!" Ring Man demanded, swinging punches violently that sailed through the air harmlessly, his outranged attacks kept at bay by Guts Man's burly arm while his face still lay buried in Guts Man's monstrous palm. With one thoughtless movement, Guts Man effortlessly closed his hand containing Ring Man's face shut. Ring Man yelped as his pain receptors sent loads of its received information to his cerebral CPU. And with another effortless motion, Guts Man tossed away Ring Man to the far end of the ring as if he were some pathetic child's toy.

"Haw haw!" snorted Guts Man, "I still gots yer ring!" he taunted. Ring Man then put his hand behind his back, and pulled out the ring that Guts Man had taken for a bracelet.

"Hey! You stole my ring!" Guts Man whined.

"It's my ring, idiot!" Ring Man shouted back at Guts Man.

Guts Man then turned to his side, and grasped a nearby spotlight stand pole beside him with his massive hands. With a grunt of effort and a huge burst of raw power, Guts Man plucked the huge pole out of the stadium floor as if he were pulling a twenty-foot metal weed. Raising the pole high above his head, Guts Man flung down the lights and stand at Ring Man. Ring Man avoided the assault with ease, simply side-stepping to his right, letting the spotlights crash harmlessly beside him. "Ha ha, you missed!" Ring Man taunted. Ring Man's laughter was cut abruptly short when Guts Man promptly picked up the large pole again and smashed it into Ring Man's side, sprawling the ringed robot on his back on the ground. Raising the large spotlight stand again, Guts Man threw down the lights on Ring Man, crushing the poor robot's CPU offline.

"Duh huh huh, I won!" Guts Man cheered, leaving Ring Man's flattened body twitching underneath the crushed spotlight stand.

"And our first battle winner is Guts Man!" Blues announced to the crowd, generating a deafening response cheer.

The Asylum's Note:
Next up: Knight Man Versus Napalm Man!
-The Asylum (Chill Man)

Mewfour
18th November 2003, 10:55 AM
Sorry about the missed update, my 'net connection at home just crapped out, and it won't be up 'till Friday. So to make up for the lost update, here we are:

"Whoa ho!" Blues mused, holding a large wad of money bills in his hand, "Seven thousand eight hundred, seven thousand nine hundred- Holy- eight thousand!"

"And that's just your stack!" Rockman beamed from the other side of the living room where he, Blues, Roll, Auto and Light sat, "I've got over eleven thousand in my stack!"

"And so altogether," Light murmured, awestruck at their profits while punching digits into his calculator, "that makes… fifty-eight thousand, nine hundred and twenty-seven dollars!"

"Now the Doc's business is saved for sure!" Auto exclaimed cheerfully, bearing a large mess of bills in his gripper hand.

"Not yet boys," Light sighed, "We're still at least a billion left in debt, and then there's the other expenses we have to pay for…" Light trailed off gloomily.

"Oh well," Roll sighed, "maybe the second time around tonight we'll make even more than last night." Roll shivered when she remembered Ring Man getting flattened to a pancake.

The stadium tonight was no more different than last night's turnout, except there were at least seven hundred more people watching the event this time. "Dude, I hear Knight Man was one of the stolen robots from the Robot Olympics," one fan said to another in the stands.

"Yeah, but Napalm Man- I hear he uses some pretty mean bombs in battle," replied the other.

"Ladies and Gentlemen!" Rockman spoke from the center of the ring with his microphone. The crowd's attention instantly focused on the Blue Bomber. "Tonight's metal-mashing match will be between two competitors of vastly different styles. On the north end of the field comes the expert of massive demolition, Napalm Man!" A purple robot with tank treads for feet, wielding two pointy appendages for hands drove out onto the field. "And from the south end of the field, his creator's identity is still unknown, but that doesn't stop him from dominating in close range combat, Knight Man!" The heavy jingle of clanging chains could be heard echoing over the stadium as a blue robot made his was onto the opposite end of the ring from Napalm Man. He held a shining gold trimmed shield in one hand, and sported a large mourning star ball mounted on a chain in place of his other hand. Rockman quickly dashed back to his announcer's table along with his brother and sister.

Auto, again leaping from over the arena walls, dashed into the center of the ring, and exclaimed, "I am the referee! The first robot to destroy the other wins! Begin battle!" And with that, Auto rushed back to the walls, vaulted himself over, and dissolved into the crowd.

"C'mon now, metalhead," Napalm Man taunted his foe, "be good and sit still so I can blast ya'."

"I shall soon prove to thou thy emptiness of thy idle threats," Knight Man shot back at his opponent.

Without wasting any time, Napalm Man aimed his hand appendage at Knight Man. With a blast of smoke and flame, the orange appendage was sent hurling at Knight Man. Knight Man raised his shield, letting the Napalm Bomb bounce off it harmlessly. Knight Man quickly raised his leg and kicked the explosive back at Napalm Man. However, the Napalm Bomb exploded in midair, sending a hail of shrapnel and fire down upon the two robots.

When Napalm Man lowered his arms that were shielding his eyes from the bomb, he found Knight Man standing at this toes. Raising his attack arm, Knight Man swung his Knight Chain at Napalm Man, Napalm Man barely finding time to jump out of harm's way. Before Napalm Man could launch a counterattack, Knight Man had already raised his mourning star again, and let it sail through the air, smacking Napalm Man on his head.

"Ouch! Jesus, that had to hurt!" Blues exclaimed after watching the fist blood victory, "Right on his head!"

"I tell ya' Blues," Rockman commented, "Knight Man may be a pushover when you've got a bomb launcher or gun, but when he's right up close to ya', you're good as lost."

Rockman's words proved true as Knight Man let his Knight Chain crash into Napalm Man's left shoulder. Napalm Man drove backwards, rubbing his damaged limp left arm with his right. Knight Man again moved in for another attack, however Napalm Man quickly pointed his good arm at his advancing aggressor and fired off another Napalm Bomb. The bomb met Knight Man in the gut with such a force behind it that it exploded upon impact sending Knight Man's body flying backwards for seven meters. Knight Man lay flat on his back, a large smoldering hole blown in his torso. Wearily dragging his damaged body back to his feet, Knight Man collapsed to one knee and spat out a thick glob of oil on the ground. "Had enough yet?" Napalm Man jeered.

"Our duel is far from over," Knight Man snarled back at Napalm Man, wiping away the oil on his helmet and standing up again.

Napalm Man regenerated another Napalm Bomb from his hollow wrist on his functional arm, and sent it flying towards Knight Man. Knight Man, now expecting the explosive projectile, wound back his left attack arm and struck out at the bomb with his Knight Chain, whacking the explosive high into the sky where it detonated, creating a brilliant explosion in the sky- someone in the crowd shouted "Look Mom! Fireworks!"

The remnants of the Napalm Bomb came raining down upon the field again in a dazzling show of flames. Napalm Man quickly let his good arm fly in front of his face again, quickly soon after throwing his arm out again and blindly firing a Napalm Bomb in front of him. Another dashing display of pyrotechnics erupted on the ground from the bomb, throwing the rapidly advancing Knight Man off his balance, sending him skidding on his shield sideways. Knight Man wearily got up to his feet, trying to shake the dizziness from his balance gyros. He held his Knight Chain shoulder in agony- and found his striking arm, Knight Chain and all, lying still on the ground a few meters beside him. Napalm Man aimed his arm at Knight Man again. "See ya', sucka'!" Napalm Man hissed, launching another Napalm Bomb at his foe.

But before the Napalm Bomb could hit Knight Man, Knight Man hunched over and wound his arm holding his shield back across his chest. When the bomb was about to strike a fatal blow upon him, Knight Man wildly flung his remaining arm away from his body, the shield knocking the Napalm Bomb away from him and hurling back at its sender. Napalm Man could barely move in time to stop the speeding projectile from crashing into his search eye mounted on his forehead, and disappearing into his body. "Oh ****!" Napalm Man screeched, furiously whacking his body and search eye with this good arm, desperately trying to knock the bomb out of him. Knight Man crouched down to the ground and hid his body from Napalm Man with his shield.

The explosion of Napalm Man's body was nothing less than titanic. The ear-shattering blast that came from the detonation of Knight Man's foe sent Knight Man flying backwards, tumbling head over heels seventeen times before he crashed into the arena wall. The whole arena was filled with smoke after the flames had subsided. The giant ventilation fans that hung above the arena turned themselves on and began sucking up all the smoke from the stadium. When the smoke clouds cleared, all that anyone could see of Napalm Man was just his legs and waist, just starting to erupt in a small inferno.

"And there we have it, folks!" Blues announced to the screaming audience, "Knight Man is tonight's winner!"

Roll groaned and laid her head down into her crossed arms on the table. "Why did I ever have to agree to date the winner…?"

The Asylum's note:
Boom! About time we had a good explosion here, huh?

-The Asylum (Chill Man)

Mewfour
23rd November 2003, 11:12 PM
Chapter 3 - Clown Man Versus Flash Man

"Ladies and gentlemen!"

Rockman’s call to the audience from his microphone at the center of the arena triggered another silence from the roaring crowd. "It is my pleasure to introduce you to tonight’s combatants! Hailing from the north end of the field, he is the king of gravity, Gravity Man!" Rockman announced, turning to the north entrance of the field. A few motionless moments passed without any Robot Master entering the battle ring. "I said, the king of gravity, Gravity Man!" Rockman announced again, clearing his throat. Still no Gravity Man came to the ring.

"Okay then," Rockman hummed, slightly embarrassed at the odd turnout, "from the south end of the field, he is master of all cutting blades, Cut Man!' Again, no other android besides Rockman appeared on the field.

"Wait a sec," Blues burst out into his microphone, "I’ve just been sent a fax from Doctor Cossack- the one who repaired the Robot Masters for their battles." The crowd was deathly silent, anxiously awaiting Blues’ news. "Doctor Cossack regrets to inform you," Blues began reading the fax, "that neither Gravity Man nor Cut Man have any desire to compete in the competition, despite its first-place reward..." Blues trailed off looking at Roll.

Roll breathed a sigh of relief. "That’s two less creeps I’ll have to date," she hummed to herself.

'Okay then, on with the next match up then," Rockman declared. Again, the response roar from the crowd was nothing less than ear shattering. "In the north portion of the field, he is the undisputed master of defensive techniques," Rockman announced, instantly hushing the audience, "he is the one! The only! Plant Man!"

No movement came from the north entrance of the arena. "Son of a..." Rockman muttered in disbelief. "Well, on the south end," Rockman said, addressing the crowd, "based on a famous mythical character, he is the time manipulator Centaur Man!"

Again, Rockman was left in the center of the field all by himself.

"Hang on another second!" Blues announced to the crowd, "I’ve gotten another fax from Doc Cossack!' Blues cleared his throat and read the fax aloud into the microphone. "Blues, it seems as though Gravity and Cut Man aren’t the only black sheep with me. Centaur and Plant Man also refuse to fight. I told them that they were robots, and they had to do what I tell them, but they still seem grudgeful of my authority. I cannot get them to fully co-operate, so they have been excluded from the tournament. Yours, Doctor Mikhael Servengeigh Cossack."

The crowd was turning ugly. Rockman raised his arms above his head to shield himself from the rainstorm of garbage and boos from the revolting audience. Suddenly, Rush galloped onto the field and stood on his two front legs. The crowd silenced almost immediately. Rush then proceeded to walk around the ring on just his forelegs, managing to stay upright and upside down for seven laps around the arena until finally setting back down on his feet. Rush then scampered off back down the north exit of the field. "I owe you one, Rush," Rockman smiled.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this show if far from over!" Blues announced again, "We introduce the combatants from the next match! From the south end of the field, here comes the lord of silliness and foolery, Clown Man!" From the south entrance of the field, a short robot playfully skipped to Rockman’s side, flailing his monstrously long arms about in the air as he moved. "And from the north end of the field, he is also a master of time manipulation, give it up for Flash Man!" Blues announced. A tall blue robot, bearing a chrome colored plexi-glass dome on his cranium, made his way from the north entrance to Rockman’s other side opposite of Clown Man. Rockman quickly dashed back to his seat at the announcer’s table.

Again, Auto leapt over the arena wall and ran to the center of the ring and exclaimed, "I declare this a robot battle! Begin!" And with that, Auto scrambled over the arena wall again, disappearing into the crowd again.

"Maybe we should just call him Mr. Referee," Blues joked, nudging Rockman’s shoulder.

"Yeah, but for some reason, I just thought of something called Metabots..." Rockman trailed off.

"Tra-la-la! I’m gonna’ beat you!" Clown Man sung to Flash Man, his heavy lisp glitch in his voice processor showing strong.

"I’m gonna’ make this quick and painless for you, kid," Flash Man retorted, morphing his left arm into an Arm Cannon.

Clown Man quickly outstretched his long right arm to Flash Man. With a crackling of thunderclaps, two bolts of electricity shot towards Flash Man, Clown Man’s signature Thunder Claw attack. With amazing agility, Flash Man jumped out of the Thunder Claw’s way and aimed his Arm Cannon at Clown Man. Firing off three plasma shots, Flash Man struck Clown Man in the chest all three times. Clown Man fell on his back, a plume of smoke rising from his damaged body. "That hurt!" Clown Man wailed, bawling like a child.

"You ain’t seen hurt yet, kid!" Flash Man threatened, recharging his cannon.

Flash Man aimed his cannon at his adversary again, when Clown Man tossed out his left arm and fired another twin blasts of electricity him. The blasts hit Flash Man dead center, throwing the blue robot to the ground. Flash Man groaned, then wearily got to his knees. Clown Man was standing behind him in a flash, and wrapped his freakishly long arms around him. And with a big breath and a grunt of equal size, Clown Man squeezed his arms together, trapping Flash Man in a bear hug. Flash Man struggled and squirmed to free himself of Clown Man’s crushing grip, but the robot’s massive arms were just too powerful for Flash Man to wrest away. "Ring around the rosy! Pockets full of poesies!" Clown Man cheerfully sung to himself as he began to waltz in circles around the arena, taking Flash Man with him in his dizzying parade in his crushing arms.

"Leggo’ of me, you little punk!" Flash Man snarled, struggling more violently to free himself. Yet Clown Man hung on to Flash Man like a koala cub clings to her mother, and continued his singsong.

"Ashes! Ashes! All fall, down!" When Clown Man finished the final verse, he raised Flash Man high above his head, and slammed him down to the ground with a brutal force behind it. "Yay! That was fun!" Clown Man cheered, dancing around the ring.

Flash Man groaned and groggily rose to his feet. Clown Man had skipped right in front of him and wound back his long arm, and then shot his limb at Flash Man. Suddenly, Flash Man disappeared from sight in one brilliant flash of light. "Hey, where’d you go?" Clown Man cried, looking around for his foe. "Where are you?" Clown Man called out again, taking a few steps forward. The crowd burst out in collective laughter. "What’s so funny?" Clown Man asked aloud innocently. He took a few more steps forward, again generating a laugh from the audience. "Hey, what’s up anyway?" Clown Man asked himself.

Just then, someone from the front row seats yelled "Dude! He’s right behind you!"

Clown Man spun around to his back to see Flash Man standing right behind him with a big grin. "Say kid, do you like games?" Flash Man asked.

"You bet!" Clown Man cheered, completely forgetting that they was supposed to destroy each other at the mention of anything fun.

"How about, Hide and Go Seek?" Flash Man inquired.

"Oh boy! One of my favorites!" Clown Man exclaimed, bearing a broad grin.

"What the hell...?" Rockman mused.

"Here’s the deal. You count and I’ll hide. Once you count to five, you come look for me. I’ll be in the arena somewhere," Flash Man instructed.

"What the hell are they doing?" Blues asked, just as confused as his brother.

"Goody!" Clown Man cheered, quickly covering his eyes. "One, two, three," Clown Man opened up a slit through his laced fingers.

"No peeking now!" Flash Man said, still standing right in front of Clown Man.

"Four, five!" Clown Man exclaimed, throwing his hands away from his eyes. "Come out come you wherever you are!"

Flash Man was nowhere in sight. "Flash Man?" Clown Man asked to no one in particular. Just then, Clown Man felt a tap on his shoulder. Clown Man whirled around to see the barrel of Flash Man’s Arm Cannon aimed right in his face. The blast of the cannon shooting in Clown Man’s head sent echoes rolling all over the stadium. The dismembered head of Clown Man rolled all the way to the other side of the ring, leaving his body to collapse lifelessly to the ground.

"And there’s our winner for tonight!" Rockman announced excitedly to the roaring crowd, "Flash Man!"

The Asylum’s note:
OY! Next up: Needle Man Vs. Burst Man!
-The Asylum (Chill Man)

Mewfour
3rd December 2003, 08:45 PM
Chapter 4 - Needles or … Burst?

"Dear diary,” Roll murmured to herself as she wrote in her little black heart-embroidered book, “Again I have to see which one of these worn-down creeps I'll have to go out with. If it wasn't for Doctor Light's business going under, I'd have told Rock to screw off!” Roll sighed, and stared out the window of her room. “Well, thank God I don't have to date Clown Man. His idea of a date would probably be a game of tag,” Roll muttered to herself while writing, “And Napalm Man, ugh, no way at all. Guts Man… he's just too dumb for my tastes.”

A sudden knocking at Roll's door made her quickly slide her diary and pen into her desk drawer. “Hey Roll!” the voice of Blues called through her door, “there's a package here for ya'!”

Roll opened her door to see Blues holding a large cardboard box, wrapped shut with ordinary scotch tape and string. “Who's it from?” Roll asked, taking the parcel from Blues.

“Huh, beats me,” Blues said, “but if ya' look at the tag, it seems like somebody likes ya'.”

Roll hurriedly flew her hand up to the top of the package and held the address tag, which was neatly tied to the parcel with string. The tag read:

To: Roll Light

And below the writing, there was a neat drawing of a heart, sloppily colored in red with pencil crayon.

“I didn't even think those guys were smart enough to write…” Roll said to herself, “Thanks Blues.” She said as she closed the door to her room.

Taking a pair of scissors from her desk drawer, Roll hastily opened up the package. Setting the scissors aside on her desk, Roll opened up the package and took out what was inside. In her hand she held a perfectly shaped stuffed doll of herself. Roll hastily took another look at the tag of the package. The addressee was herself, but there was still no indication of who had sent her the parcel. It wasn't until Roll actually set the doll down by her pillow in her bed, beside the other numerous plush wildlife, that she noticed something pinned to the back of her miniature replica. It was a leaf, a bright green leaf that anyone could find dangling on just about any tree. “These robots really are crazy,” she muttered to herself as she tucked her soft duplicate under the bed covers.

The stadium again was packed to the limits like the previous nights. And once again, the crowd was as loud and noisy as ever. “Those stupid bloody robots,” Rockman fumed at his announcer table alongside Blues and Roll, “if I ever get a hold on one of those four robots who stood me up last night, I swear I'll kick their asses twice as hard as I did them last time…” Rockman mumbled.

“Oh well,” Blues chuckled, “at least we know tonight's guys'll show up.”

Rockman sighed and walked to the center of the ring, microphone in hand. “Ladies and gentlemen!” he called, “may I introduce tonight's competitors! On the north end of the field, he is the bubble blowing demolition expert, Burst Man!” A large blocky purple robot trudged onto the field on Rockman's queue. “And, on the south end of the field, he is the sharp shooting master of pinpoint accuracy with pinpoints, Needle Man!” A short bulky blue robot with a crown of three spikes lacing his cranium marched onto the field.

Oddly, the arena was silent. That was until a spotlight shone onto the top rows of seats in the audience, shining straight on Auto. “I declare this a Robot Battle! Begin!”

“Huh, I am thinking of something called Medabots now…” Blues mumbled.

“You say you're tough. C'mon then, let see how much,” Needle Man taunted.

“Let's see how much you laugh when I blow you sky high,” Burst Man retorted.

A small ring produced itself from the top of Burst Man's head, and a large bubble was born from that ring, floating gently to Needle Man, carrying a large bomb inside it. Needle Man transformed his left arm into a Needle Cannon, and produced a single small sharp spike. Needle Man simply jabbed the bubble with his spike, popping it on impact. The bomb dropped to the ground, ticking away harmlessly. Needle Man raided his foot, and kicked the bomb away behind him. “Stupid duds,” Burst Man growled to himself.

Before Burst Man could even move, Needle Man had leapt right in front of him and shoved his Needle Cannon barrel right to his chest. And with a short burst of energy, Burst Man soon felt Needle Man's weapon blasting holes through his body. Burst Man, now reeling in immeasurable pain screaming from his touch receptors, found himself flat against the arena wall. “Ouch,” groaned Burst Man, holding his large multiple wounds bleeding heavily.

Within instants, Needle Man has jumped right in front of Burst Man. Lowering his spike-topped head, Needle Man chuckled “You water-bots were always so hollow.” And with that, Needle Man's spiked top head launched towards Burst Man, his Spikepole Headbutt ramming through Burst Man's body. Burst Man gagged and his body sagged limp, pinned to the wall by only the pole that connected Needle Man to the rest of his head. Needle Man retracted his cranium, leaving Burst Man to flop to the floor lifelessly.

“Eeeeewww!” Roll grimaced, burying her face in her hands.

“Whoo Hooo!” Blues cheered, rooting his fists in the air in applause.

“And there's our winner,” Rockman announced to the screaming crowd as Needle Man began plucking off Burst Man's inside mechanics from his spiked crown, “Needle Man!”

HedgeCat
3rd December 2003, 09:32 PM
Wow...This is an awesome fic. I hope to see SLash Man VS Knightman. That, IMO, would be cool to read. Or, maybe, Plantman VS Woodman! That'd be odd.

I hope Quint wins to tournament.

Mewfour
8th December 2003, 07:00 PM
Chapter 5- Hocus Pocus Tire Burnus

The lab phone mounted on the wall of the development room rang. Within instants, Blues plucked the receiver from the mount and spoke. “Y'llo?”

“Ah, Blues!” a familiar voice said from the other end of the slightly static line.

“Yo! Whuzzap, Doc Coss?” Blues said.

“Is Doctor Light there?” Cossack asked.

“Yeah! Just a sec',” Blues said. Covering the mouthpiece with his large hand, Blues turned his head around and called “Yo! Doc Light! Cossack's on the phone for ya'!”

Doctor Light ambled into the room and took the receiver from Blues. “Hello? … Oh, hello Doctor Cossack- yes, yes-” Blues stood there, watching his co-creator talk. “Why yes, we can- excellent! Goodbye.” Doctor Light hung up the receiver back onto its mount.

“What was that?” Blues asked inquisitively, just as Rockman and Roll entered the room.

“Cossack just told me that those other four robots, Cut Man, Plant Man, Gravity Man and… who was that other one…?”

“Centaur Man,” Rockman chimed in.

“…and Centaur Man, the ones who didn't want to fight in the tournament, have had a little, err, dispute,” Doctor Light said.

“Huh. So?” Blues asked.

“Cossack told me that recently, they were having a little argument between the four of them, arguing who was the best of the four.”

“So?”

“So Cossack asked me if I could hold a `Mini-tournament' inside the real one, featuring those four robots.”

“Sounds cool. When's it start?”

“Well, Cossack says that those four are much too busy bickering between themselves to actually fight… so he's going to keep me posted. Until then, he's having them do various chores with him.”

Rockman chuckled at the thought of Kalinka getting free pony-back rides from Centaur Man.

“Hello again, everyone!” Rockman called to the crowd that had gathered to view The Wreckoning. One again, the crowd let loose a mighty ear blasting cheer of applause. The Blue Bomber walked to the center of the ring, accompanied only by a lone spotlight. “In the north end of the field, here comes the fuel-guzzling, gauge pumpin', tire burning speed demon, Turbo Man!” A sudden loud squealing of spinning tires filled the arena air accompanied by the heavy revving of an engine of some sort, and a cloud of thick smoke billowed onto the field. Then, a large blurry vehicle drove out onto the field right beside Rockman. When the smoke cleared, there was a sleek green hot rod parked beside Rockman. “Oh, ladies and gentlemen,” Rockman spoke into his microphone, “Turbo Man is also a Robot Master in disguise!”

As soon as Rockman said this, the front of the racecar spit in half down the middle, the exposed running engine tucked away neatly into a folding compartment of the body of the hot rod, and a pair of arms found themselves attached to the rear tires of the car as it tipped itself up onto its front end, which folded forwards and the halves became even more distinct from each other, looking like a crude pair of legs. A head with a black shaded visor propped itself up on top of the metal android's body, sporting a fancy checkered-flag stripe on it's forehead. “Yo Rock.” The robot said, his figure towering over Rockman's head by about a foot and a half.

“Show off,” Roll grumbled.

“And from the south end,” Rockman continued, “he is the wizard of Oz, although there is no Oz, but you get the idea! Magic Man!”

A poof of blue smoke erupted from the other side of Rockman, and a tall slender figure stepped from the cloud. The robot wore a tall shining top hat with an oversized red bow, and playfully twirled a long cane in his large white-gloved hand.

“Roll,” Magic Man said, pointing the shining red ruby on the handle of his cane at the female robot, “you like rabbits, don't you?”

“Umm…yeah…” Roll murmured.

Magic Man only nodded, and jabbed off his top hat with the leg of his cane, catching it with his other hand. Opening his other hand, Magic Man's cane began to hover in mid air, as if he was still holding it. With his hand now free, Magic Man reached into the brim of his hat, and plunged his arm down to the elbow into it. When he took it out, he held a large thick-coated albino rabbit by the scruff of the neck. Setting it down gently, Magic Man tapped the little bunny on her rear, just enough to get the little ball of fur hopping towards Roll. Roll gingerly picked the rabbit up and held her in her arms. Magic Man snatched his can back from whatever was holding it still in the air, and flipped his top hat back upon his shining bald cranium.

“They're both show offs…” Roll sighed, sitting back down in her seat and rubbing behind the rabbit's ears as Rockman ambled back to his announcer seat beside Roll.

Suddenly, Auto's voice blared over the speakerphones in the stadium announcing, “This is a Robot battle! Begin!”

“Stop ripping off Medabots man!” A voice shouted from the crowd.

Turbo Man and Magic Man faced each other, staring the other down with locked eyes. Magic Man twirled his cane in his hand again, and then pointed the end at Turbo Man. “You're going down, Hotshot,” Magic Man taunted.

“It'sTurboTime!” Turbo Man announced in a fast and loud enthusiastic voice, striking a bizarre pose. “Andyou'regonna'betheonewho'sgoin'downsucka'!” Turbo Man retorted, pointing his finger at Magic Man.

Turbo Man converted himself back into his hot rod form and revved his engine. And with a loud squealing of his rear tires, Turbo Man thrust himself at Magic Man. Magic Man only hummed casually, and lazily sidestepped out of Turbo Man's path, letting Turbo Man zoom past Magic Man harmlessly. Sensing his failure, Turbo Man hit his brakes sharply, creating another ear blasting squeal, he spun around backwards and charged again. This time Magic Man leapt into the air, allowing Turbo man to zoom under him. Magic Man then pointed the handle of his cane towards the speeding Turbo Man, and a large bolt of lightning shot from it headed straight for Turbo Man.

Turbo Man reverted back into his humanoid mode just in time to have the thunderbolt hit him dead center in the chest. Turbo Man was knocked down on his back by the blast, the thunder leaving a smoking black burn on his chest. Magic Man landed skillfully on his feet, and twirled his cane again. “Had enough yet?” Magic Man jeered. Turbo Man then raised his feet in the air, and flipped himself up onto his feet.

“Bringiton!” Turbo Man challenged whilst striking another odd pose, making a hand motion at Magic Man that said, “Come and get it!”

Then Turbo Man shot out his left arm, and a blazing wheel of flames shot from it with amazing velocity, aimed at Magic Man. Magic Man barely had time to dodge the fiery assault, the Scorch Wheel blazed over his head by a few centimeters. “Hah, you missed,” Magic Man taunted.

“Lookagainsucka'!” Turbo Man snickered.

It wasn't until Magic Man's odor receptors picked up the scent of burning leather that he realized “Ack! My hat's on fire!”

Turbo Man laughed aloud as he watched Magic Man run around the ring, frantically whapping his head trying to quell the inferno above his forehead. Magic Man finally took off his hat, slammed it to the ground, and stomped on it with his foot and cane to put the fire out.

When the fire was finally put to rest, Magic Man set his cane aloft in the air once more and wiped his brow with his hand. Magic Man went to grasp his cane from the air again, only to find that is was now present in the clutches of Turbo Man. “My cane!” Magic Man wailed, pointing an accusing finger at Turbo Man.

“Youwantyourcanebackhuh?” Turbo Man snorted, “comeonandgetitthen!”

And with that, Turbo Man converted his body back into his hot rod mode, tucking away Magic Man's cane into one of his many compartments in his metal body. Revving his engine and letting his tires scream, Turbo Man shot off to the other side of the arena. “Hey!” Magic Man called out to Turbo Man, “You look pretty damn tough from all the way over there!” he taunted, “why don't you come over here and fight like a man?”

“Whateveryouwant!” Turbo Man replied, racing towards Magic Man. Magic Man stood in his spot, totally calm as if completely oblivious to the notion that Turbo Man was going to ram him at top-notch speed. And he did with such impact that Magic Man was knocked high into the air and crashed down to the ground.

Just as Turbo Man had transformed into his upright android mode, stolen cane in hand, Magic Man had formed yet another glowing blue square in his hand, opposite to the hand that was connected to his other arm which hung limp and nearly disabled, and tossed it at Turbo Man.

The glowing blue Magic Card flew through the air with amazing speed, so fast that even Turbo Man could not rush out of its path. The card hit Turbo Man on his belly, but strangely it left no more than a tiny paint scratch. “Whatthehellwasthat?” Turbo Man asked, poking his little blemish.

Suddenly, Turbo Man felt less energetic. He even yawned when he realized that that Magic Card had sapped directly into his power core and took out a portion of his battery energy. Even stranger, Magic Man's nonfunctional arm was magically fully operational once more. “Whuh… what happened…?” Turbo Man droned, yawning once more as his speeding voice slowed down a considerable amount.

“I'll be taking that,” Magic Man hummed casually, strolling over to Turbo Man and snatching his cane. Turbo Man simply snatched the cane back. “Give me that!” Magic Man snarled, tugging on his cane.

“Biteme!” Turbo Man snarled back, pulling back on the cane with his voice beginning to speed up once more.

The two continued wresting each other in their tug-of-war until Magic Man's grip slipped off the cane, sending the weird robot to the ground on his backside. “Heyyouwantyourcane?” Turbo Man asked, now feeling more invigorated having recovered form the Magic Card, “Thentakeit!”

Magic Man got to his feet just in time to have Turbo Man drive his cane straight through Magic Man's torso just underneath his bow tie, the cane fully impaling the magician. “And…that's my…. Final act…” Magic Man groaned as he collapsed to the ground.

“Our winner is Turbo Man!” Rockman announced to the screaming crowd.

Mewfour
15th December 2003, 10:35 PM
Sorry for slackin off. More RotRMs. Enjoy.

Chapter 6- Blizzard Man VS Ice Man

"Ladies and gentlemen!"

Once again, Rockman's call to the audience generated a deafening cheer. "In the north end of the field, he is the first of his kind, the master of ice, Ice Man!" A small stocky robot dressed in a fluffy blue parka made his way to the center of the field. "And in the south end, he would make professional Swedish skier look like an amateur, Blizzard Man!" A rotund white robot sporting ski poles pushed his way onto the field mounted on a pair of skis. Rockman hobbled back to his announcer seat beside Roll and Blues.

The arena was oddly silent. "Hold on, ladies and gents," Blues said,
breaking the silence, "I've been handed a note from Auto. It says that he can't make it to the tournament, so he says to you all: 'I declare this robot battle! Begin!' Sheesh, what an oddball..."

Blizzard Man pointed one of his ski poles at Ice Man and said, "You're goin' down."

"Sure, whatever, ski freak," Ice Man retorted.

Ice Man put both of his hands together, and them spread them apart, holding large slab of ice in one hand. "Here, Blizzard boy, catch!" Ice Man threw the frozen shard towards Blizzard Man. Blizzard Man barely had time todge the Ice Slasher, just managing to raise his arm as the slab of ice zoomed by him. Blizzard Man looked at what remained of one of his ski poles- it was sliced smoothly clean in two.

Just then, Blizzard Man raised his arms. He stood there spread-eagle and shouted, "let there be ice!"

Suddenly, the air in the open-roof stadium became frightfully chilly. Black storm clouds formed in what was once a clear blue sky, thunder and lightning echoed and flashed everywhere. And with a sudden blast of bitterly cold wind, the floor of the arena was coated in a thick layer of ice and snow.

With his one remaining ski pole, Blizzard Man launched himself at Ice Man, his smooth skis sliding along the slippery surface with amazing speed. Ice Man barely had time to blink before Blizzard Man crashed into him with incredible velocity, sending the plump blue robot skidding backwards and crashing into the arena walls.

Blizzard Man was ready to unleash another charging assault, when Ice Man formed another slab of ice in his hands and hurled it at Blizzard Man. The Ice Slasher just barely clipped the edge of Blizzard Man's spherical body. "Ouch!" Blizzard Man whinced, holding his cut and bleeding side.

"I smell slice n' diced Blizzard Man," Blues chuckled, nudging Roll's side.

Roll only sighed. "Why did I have to do this?"

"Roll, I thought you were friends with Ice Man," Rockman said innocently. Roll only gave her brother a sharp glare. "Oh right, what happened last month." Rockman trailed off.

"What? What happened last month?" Blues asked, totally ignoring the two battling robots.

"Right, you weren't there," Rockman answered, "Doctor Light rebuilt Ice Mance for an Antarctic exploration trip. When Ice Man got back, he 'found' some strange 'plant' on the streets, and..."

"Oh, I get it," Blues chuckled.

"And in his stupor, he called Roll a- well, nevermind." Roll gave Rockman another glare. "She doesn't like to be reminded of it though," Rockman whispered to Blues.

"Hey, was that when-"

Blues' words were cut short as Blizzard Man's massive body flew backward onto their announcer's table. "Oh yeah, that's right! I want some more of that, you little whale-munching Eskimo!" Blizzard Man snarled, getting back up and charging once more at Ice Man.

Blizzard Man's speedy assault missed its mark by a few centimeters when Ice Man quickly leapt out of the way of Blizzard Man's attack. Blizzard Man made a sharp turn on his skis, stopping almost instantly creating a clouf ice and snow spraying the audience. Blizzard Man put his two hands together, and then shot them outward from his body. Instantly, four gigantic snowflakes flew from Blizzard Man's body, aimed straight for Ice Man. Ice Man quickly threw himself down to the ground, just barely avoiding his foe's Blizzard Attack. Ice Man patted the back of his blue parka hood, and found a thick patch of ice that was left behind from one of Blizzard Man's snowflakes. "I just had this washed!" Ice Man complained.

"Anyway," Blues continued, ignoring the two feuding robots, "was when Ice Man also claimed that he was a 'super-robot'?"

Rockman nodded.

"And when he said that he could stop a freight train just by standing in front of it?"

Rockman nodded again, bearing a grim smile.

"That wasn't pretty," Blues muttered, shaking his head.

By now, Ice Man and Blizzard Man had beaten the stuffing out of each other. Blizzard Man looked like he had been caught in an avalanche, while Ice Man looked like he had challenged another freight train to a duel.

"You and me, punk," Blizzard Man breathed weakly, pointing his remaining ski pole at Ice Man, "let's play 'chicken'."

Ice Man nodded. "Let's dance."

With that, Blizzard Man took a leaping dash on his skis again, sending himself blazing down the icy field at Ice Man. Ice Man formed another Ice Slasher in his hand and charged towards Blizzard Man as well. The two met with such a bone-shattering smash that everyone in the audience shut theiyes tightly at the sight.

Suddenly, Blizzard Man's body jolted. Ice Man smirked, and jerked his arm, triggering another jump from Blizzard Man. And with another wild jabbing motion of his arm, Ice Man shoved his arm straight through Blizzard Man's body, the tip of his Ice Slasher poking out of Blizzard Man's back. Ice Man simply swung his arm upward inside Blizzard Man's body, ripping the robot clean in half.

"I guess that's all for tonight folks," Blues hummed despite the roaring crowd, "Ice Man is tonight's winner!"

The Asylum's note:

Ouchies! That had to hurt! Neways, Bright Man VS Metal Man is next.

-The Asylum (Chill Man)

Mewfour
16th December 2003, 06:49 PM
Chapter 7- Bright Metal

"Aw, c'mon Roll, please?"

"I told you Ice Man, I'm not talking to you."

"But- that was a month ago! I'm sorry!"

"I'm still not talking to you!"

And with that, Roll slammed down the telephone receiver back to its base.

"Roll's still mad at Ice Man, huh Rock," Blues hummed.

Rockman sighed. "At least she's still friends with Elec Man."

"Hey, who's fighting tonight anyway?"

The crowd cheered once more as Rockman made his way to the center of the field. "May I introduce tonight's robots!" Rockman addressed the screaming crowd. "On the north end of the field, he is the robot with 'Bright' ideas, Bright Man!" A plump red robot waddled onto the field, sporting a gigantic light bulb on top of his head. "And, on the south end of the field, he's not your ordinary metal robot, Metal Man!" Another red robot walked onto the field, he was tall and quite in shape. He playfully juggled a large circular saw blade in his hand.

Again, Auto was absent from the tournament. "Oh what the hell," Blues groaned, "Robot battle blah blah blah begin already."

As soon as Blues finished, Metal Man lunged at Bright Man. Bright Man could not even twitch before he met Metal Man crashing into him. Bright Man staggered backwards trying to regain his balance. Bringing back his arm, Metal Man raised his Metal Blade and hurled it at Bright Man. The blade zoomed past Bright Man, barely missing him by a few inches.

Metal Man held another Metal Blade in his hand and was about to attack again, when Bright Man threw both his arms up into the air and let loose a dazzling flash from his light bulb. Suddenly, Bright Man disappeared from metal Man's optic sensors. "Hey, where'd he go?" Metal Man growled in his rusty voice. Suddenly, Metal Man felt a sharp pain biting into his side. When he looked at the source of the pain, he found a small plasma shot wound on his body.

"Looking for me, tin grin?"

The sudden outburst of Bright Man's voice form behind him drove Metal Man to spin around, and he found his optics locked with Bright Man. Metal Man again raised his arm, and hurled another blade at Bright Man. With another blinding flash of light from that light bulb, Bright Man disappeared. Metal Man soon found Bright Man's whereabouts when he felt a small blast of plasma poke him in his back. Metal Man wheeled around only to gaze into another blinding flash of light. When Metal Man's optic sensors regain function, Bright Man was once again absent from his sight. "Where are you, you little punk?" Metal Man snarled, shaking his head to and fro searching for his quarry.

"Hey, I'm over here!" Bright Man called. Metal Man spun around again and saw Bright Man standing behind him. "One free shot. C'mon." Bright Man taunted, putting his fists on his hips, wearing a silly smirk on his face.

"You won't move?" Metal Man asked, pulling out another Metal Blade.

"Sure. Robot's honor," Bright Man snickered.

Without hesitation, Metal Man tossed his Metal Blade straight for Bright Man. The Metal Blade sailed through the air and hit Bright Man's light bulb. The blade cut into the bulb, shattered the paper-thin Plexiglas, and sliced the bulb's filament in half. Bright Man screeched in agony as the Metal Blade exited out the other side of his bulb, totally shattering it. "Ouch! No fair!" Bright Man screamed as he held his cut open cranium in pain.

"You said free shot," Metal Man snickered, "and now I'll take another!"

With that, Metal Man brought another Metal Blade back with his arm, and threw it at Bright Man. The Metal Blade's serrated edge dug itself into and beneath Bright Man's armor, spilling blood and oil from Bright Man's rotund body. "What a cheap shot." Bright Man groaned as he collapsed to one knee. Metal Man calmly walked over to his downed foe, and knocked his head clear off his shoulders with one swift kick.

"And there's our winner tonight," Rockman announced, "Metal Man!"

kalad1
19th December 2003, 12:55 PM
I refuse to read any further for your insulting remark to the Battle Network games in your poll, they are an amazing achievement in my opinion.

Mewfour
19th December 2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by kalad1
I refuse to read any further for your insulting remark to the Battle Network games in your poll, they are an amazing achievement in my opinion.

Whatever dude. Your loss.

Chapter 8- The Shady Grenadey

"Aha! My dear chap, we have found it!"

"Found what sir?"

"Why, the coffin of Count Dracula!"

Roll huddled closer to Rockman on the sofa. The black and white screen of their television showed an old rerun of the classic Dracula.

"Hark! Behold the old hell-devil!"

"Hey, is that a 1918 gold coin around his neck?"

"Johnson you fool! Don't touch that! Johnson- oh dear God! Johnson!"

"Ewww," Roll grimaced, clinging tightly to her brother.

"You beast! Have at you- aaarrgh!"

"Yucky!" Roll squealed, squeezing her eyes tightly.

"Aw, whuzzamatter, lil' sis'?" Blues hummed, plopping himself down on the sofa, "Roly-poly not like scary-wary movie?"

"Oh shut up," Roll mumbled.

Blues quickly grabbed the remote and clicked of the television. "How about some Monty Python then? My own tape from the 1900s from the original members of the group." Blues picked up another smaller remote control, aimed it at the tall tape deck beside the television and clicked it on.

"Oy! What 'tis this I 'ave 'ere?"

"Aye, 'tis a small green round thing."

"'Ey look, it 'as a l'ttle pin on top of it! Oh dear, I jus' pulled 't off!"

"Is it yours?"

"No."

"Then plug it back in then!"

"I say! It's not going back in!"

"Well you broke it. You fix it."

"Oy! Where's that ticking noise coming from?"

The fake sound effect of a loud explosion blaring over the speakers sent Blues into a delirious laughing fit. Roll and Rockman groaned in unison.

"Hello again, ladies and gentlemen!" Rockman's call to the audience over the loud amplifiers paled in comparison to the sheer blast of the audience's response. "Let's introduce our competitors for tonight!" Rockman walked over to the center of the field accompanied only by a lone spotlight. "In the north end of the field, you better hope its Halloween if he asks you trick or treat, Shade Man!" A tall slender purple robot sporting large broad bat wings flew out into the middle of the arena beside Rockman. "And, from the south end, he walks, he talks, he blows stuff sky- high, but he's no big bad wolf, Grenade Man!" A large dark blue robot sporting what seemed to be a giant hand grenade clip on his head trudged out onto the field beside Rockman.

Suddenly, Auto popped out from underneath the sheets of the announcer's table and declared, "I declare this a Ro-battle! Begin!" And with that, Auto hid himself back underneath the table.

"What a freak." Rockman murmured.

"Shall we duel?" Shade Man asked casually to Grenade Man taking a slight bow.

" Don't sing it, bring it!" Grenade Man chuckled, raising his Flash Bomb launcher arm.

Shade Man chuckled. "Why then, we shall!"

And with that, Shade Man flapped his wings and took to the air. "Huh, target practice!" Grenade Man snickered, aiming his cannon arm. "Like that old Duck Hunt game Doctor Wily programmed us with!" With a blast of smoke from his cannon, Grenade Man launched a Flash Bomb into the air at Shade Man. Shade Man quickly made a sharp midair turn, the Flash Bomb auto- detonating a few meters beside him in a dazzling sparkle of light. Shade Man quickly recovered his balance and began a speeding dive towards Grenade Man. Grenade Man aimed another Flash Bomb at Shade Man and fired, Shade Man again dodging the awesome assault. Shade Man made a swoop overhead of Grenade Man, a rush of wind blasting upon him knocking him over.

Shade Man landed behind Grenade Man and sucked in a deep breath. Opening his mouth wide at Grenade Man, Shade Man expelled his collected air in one ear-shattering blast of sonic energy- the Noise Crush. The Noise Crush slammed into Grenade Man blowing him backwards and onto his back. "Good show!" Shade Man exclaimed, "Shall we continue our play?"

Grenade Man weakly got back to his feet, reloaded his cannon and said "Hell yeah."

With that, Grenade Man leapt at Shade Man and fired his Flash Bomb. The explosive detonated in another dazzling light show, knocking Shade Man to the ground. Shade Man quickly flipped up into the air once again and landed on his feet with surprising agility. "Excellent performance," Shade Man commented, "And now I have a number for you as well." Shade Man sucked in another deep breath and let out another blast of sound waves. Grenade Man simply put his arms in front of him and withstood the assault with little effort. As soon as the Noise Crush had subsided, Grenade Man took aim with his cannon and launched another Flash Bomb at his foe. The Flash Bomb hit Shade Man dead in the center of his chest, erupting in another blast of light and sending Shade Man reeling backwards and to the floor.

Wasting no time at all, Grenade Man ran over to Shade Man and shoved his arm cannon into Shade Man's face. "Any last requests?" Grenade Man chuckled, preparing another Flash Bomb.

"Yes," Shade Man replied weakly, his hand covering a large bloody hole in his torso. Shade Man gripped Grenade Man's arm cannon and placed it over his mouth and let loose another Noise Crush straight into his cannon- a Noise Crush so fierce and loud it shattered Grenade Man's large clip on his head.

Grenade Man screeched in agony- and screamed louder once his arm exploded and disintegrated from his body. "My request? Why, my Concerto Allegro du Chain-Reaction, ala C- Minor."

Taking a deep breath, Shade Man let out another loud sound- in the form of a well-sung opera. His heavy Romanian accent played games with his voice box, serenading the crowd with his own classical rendition, totally ignoring the screeching Grenade Man, his body parts falling from him and exploding.

While singing, Shade Man then turned to Grenade Man and closed his song with a deafening Noise Crush. Grenade Man's crumbling body was totally blown away to shrapnel and scrap as the sonic waves echoes all over the stadium.

"And I guess Shade Man is tonight's winner," Rockman announced to the crowd, who were cheering and encoring the bat winged- robot as he took wide deep bows in appreciation.

Mewfour
29th December 2003, 06:48 PM
Chapter 9- Double Vision is the Bomb

"Hello everyone!" Blues said into a microphone in a hallway of Doctor Cossack's laboratory. Rockman held a video camera to his eye taping Blues. "We come to you live from Moscow, Russia, in the famous Doctor Cossack's laboratory. Now that the first quarter of The Wreckoning's elimination round is complete, it's time to interview our winners." Blues nudged Roll who was standing beside him and entered a large conference room- holding the eight winners of the first quarter. Blues strolled up to Guts Man and jabbed his microphone in front of the burly robot's face and said, "Gutsie, any words for the folks at home regarding your victory over Ring Man in the first round?"

Guts Man guffawed and snorted in stocky laughter. "Duh-huh, I still gots his bracelet!" Guts Man cheered as he held his left arm up, revealing Ring Man's golden Ring Boomerang slipped snugly around his giant wrist.

"And your next opponent will be Knight Man," Blues commented, "Any words for him?"

"Duh, I'll crush you!" Guts Man snorted.

"Thou do waste thy breath," Knight Man grumbled.

"Oh Knight Man," Blues said, "You have something to say to Guts Man?"

"Thou shall meet thy doom at mine hands," Knight Man breathed in his deep raspy voice, "Like that cowardly Napalm Man!"

"Duh-huh, c'mon then shorty!" Guts Man roared in laughter.

Blues put his hands between the two rivals and separated them. "C'mon now both of ya'! You'll get your chance to beat each other senseless soon!"

"Ah," Blues hummed, strolling up to Flash Man, "Flash dude, you got anything to say about Clown Man?"

Flash Man took the microphone from Blues and said, "Y'know, that kid was pretty damn strong. Too bad his CPU didn't follow."

"And Needle Man," Blues said, taking the microphone from Flash Man and holding it to Needle Man, "What have you got to say about Burst Man?"

"Pathetic," Needle Man hummed.

"Can't argue with that," Blues chuckled. "Now then, Turbo Man! What are your thoughts?"

Turbo Man snatched the microphone from Blues and barked into it, "Yo!I'llcrushthatlittleeskimoIceMan!Ohyeahohyeahohy eah!" Turbo Man then stood in another bizarre pose.

"Sure, whatever," Blues murmured. "Now, Ice Man," Blues said, snatching his microphone back from Turbo Man, "You want to say anything?"

"Roll! I'm sorry! Please forgive me!" Ice Man pleaded.

"No," Roll said placidly. Ice Man groaned.

"And Metal Man! What about you?" Blues asked the red robot.

"Bring it on, Shady!" Metal Man taunted, "Your *** is grass when we meet!"

"Oh, quite the contrary, my good man," Shade Man chuckled, "I shall mount your head atop my dwelling after I'm through with you!"

"You wanna bet?" Metal Man snarled.

"Let's try!"

Metal Man and Shade Man dove at each other. "Well, that's the interview," Blues hummed, "Back to you Doc Light at the stadium!"

"Well, thank you Blues," Doctor Light said, sitting behind the announcer's table with Eddie- who was standing on the table.

"And now, tonight's contestants!" Eddie announced to the cheers of the crowd. "From the north end, he is a double-crossing two-timer, but that means in a good way for him, Gemini Man!" A short black robot with two large shining blue plates on his chest walked out onto the center of the field. "And, on the south end," Eddie announced, "Call him Mr. Acme, 'cuz he's dynamite, Bomb Man!" A short plump red and black robot sporting a tall red Mohawk walked onto the field beside Gemini Man.

Suddenly, Auto leapt out from underneath the announcer's table again. "I am referee! I declare this a Ro-battle! Begin!" And with that, Auto snuck back under the table.

Gemini Man and Bomb Man paced around each other. Gemini Man then put both hands on his hips and hummed. His body suddenly began to glow a bright blue and an extra pair of arms sprouted from his body followed by another set of legs. Gemini Man's head then shifted at the neck to sit by his left shoulder, making way for another head to pop up on his right shoulder. Suddenly Gemini Man's extra limbs separated from his body attached to a new body totally identical to Gemini Man- a perfect clone.

The original Gemini Man looked at his clone. "Take the right side, I'll take the left," he said. The clone nodded and took an amazingly high leap into the air and landing behind Bomb Man.

"Classic crossfire?" the replica asked. Gemini Man nodded.

Both clones formed their Arm Cannons on their right hands and aimed them at Bomb Man.

Bomb Man's chest compartment opened and out tumbled a large spherical bomb. Catching it in his hand before it hit the ground, Bomb Man looked at the Gemini Man behind him, and then at the real one in front of him.

"Now!" Screeched the true Gemini Man. At that the two robots opened rapid- fare upon Bomb Man as they ran around in circles around him. Bomb Man was battered on both sides without any chance to move from the assault of plasma blasts being blown at him. Managing to raise his bomb, Bomb Man chucked his Hyper Bomb at the Gemini Man behind him. The Hyper Bomb let out a powerful explosion, sending the Gemini Man flying to one side of the arena. The other Gemini Man grasped his side and yelped as if he was wounded along with his clone.

"Oh, I get it!" Bomb Man snickered. He let another Hyper Bomb tumble into his hand and tossed it at the other Gemini Man. The bomb detonated on impact when it hit Gemini Man on the chest, sending him flying backwards into the arena wall. His clone grasped his chest simultaneously and screamed in agony as he fell to one knee. "This'll be easy!" Bomb Man cheered himself on, producing another Hyper Bomb.

Suddenly, both Gemini Men leapt up onto their feet and continued their circular assault pattern. Bomb Man was knocked down to his knees, but not before throwing another Hyper Bomb. The bomb bounced along the ground letting one Gemini Man accidentally kick it as he ran. The bomb detonated sending the unfortunate Gemini Man flying forwards, leaving the other Gemini Man collapse to his knees wheezing.

Suddenly, the Gemini Man that has felt the damage of his counterpart began to crack in his armor and then all over his body as well. With that, the Gemini Man's limbs began to crumble into scrap as his body followed suit. Soon, all that was left of the clone was just a heap of smoldering metal. The real Gemini Man screamed in pain as his clone disintegrated. Bomb Man wiped his bloody lip and grasped another Hyper Bomb. "Eat this, Gemini Man!" Bomb Man screeched as he hurled the explosive orb at Gemini Man. Gemini Man barely found time to scramble out of harm's way as the bomb exploded beside him.

Gemini Man got back to his feet and spat out some robot blood. He recharged his arm cannon and said, "You'll regret that, Bomb Man!"

Bomb Man laughed. "Make me then!" he taunted.

With that, Gemini Man aimed his cannon at Bomb Man and screeched, "Gemini Laser!"

The blue blast of energy that shot from Gemini Man's cannon sped towards Bomb Man. Bomb Man ducked out of the way of the laser and let it hit the arena wall behind him. The laser bounced off the wall and was sent against the other side of the arena. Again Bomb Man dodged the Gemini Laser as it bounced off the wall beside him and zoomed by. Soon the laser disintegrated, but Gemini Man had already launched another one as soon as it disappeared. Again Bomb Man dodged the blue laser and chucked another Hyper Bomb at Gemini Man. The Gemini Laser penetrated the black bomb, detonating it on contact. Both Gemini Man and Bomb Man were knocked backwards from the blast.

When Gemini Man regained his senses, he saw Bomb Man standing over him with Hyper Bomb in hand. "Bye bye, Gemini!" Bomb Man taunted as he shoved the bomb into Gemini Man.

However, Gemini Man blocked the bomb's path with the barrel of his cannon and said, "I don't think so."

With that, Gemini Man fired another Gemini Laser straight through the Hyper Bomb. The resulting explosion was nothing less than titanic. It was at least seven minutes before the smoke cleared from the open-sky stadium. The badly damaged Gemini Man sputtered and coughed through the smoke and stumbled upon the head of his foe, lying limp on the ground before him. Gemini Man playfully kicked the head into the stands as Rockman announced, "And Gemini Man is our winner!"

The Asylum's note:

KA BOOOOOOM! Ha ha ha!!!

-The Asylum (Chill Man)

Mewfour
4th January 2004, 12:40 PM
Chapter 10- Colder than Hell!

"Mommy, what's going to happen?"

"Son, we're going to see two robots beat each other senseless."

"But. why?"

"Because it's fun."

"Yay!"

"Well hello there everyone!" Blues welcomed the roaring audience. "In the north end of the field, he's chilly and cold, but don't call him a penguin named Willy, Cold Man!" A short stocky icy-blue robot trudged onto the center of the field on his queue. "And from the south end, he's pretty hard to pick out from Pinocchio, Tengu Man!" A tall robot wearing a red facemask sporting a long pointy nose flew onto the field using two jet thrusters on his back.

Tengu Man arose into the air aided by his jets hovering high above Cold Man. Cold Man blew out some cold cloudy air from the top of his head, ready to battle. From out of nowhere, Auto leapt into the sky and clung onto Tengu Man. Tengu Man was sent into a dizzying spin in the air until Auto let go. From there, Auto landed in front of Cold Man- his weight shaking the ground tripping Cold Man. "I declare this a Ro-battle! Begin!" Auto declared as he scampered off out of the arena.

Tengu Man finally recovered from his midair spin and outstretched his hand. Instantly three pairs of glowing green blades sprouted from his hand. Cold Man got back to his feet and let more chilly air pour out from his head. The top of Cold Man's flat head began to rise from his body until it was hovering just above him. With a puff of cold wind, a small cloud of frosty air floated from Cold Man's open cranium in the form of a crude little human. Cold Man aimed his short stubby finger at Tengu Man and ordered, "Attack, my drone!"

With that, the cloud drone flew up into the air and clung to Tengu Man. Tengu Man shook himself violently trying to writhe free of the chilly fog, but his attempts were proving worthless. The cloud drone snuck behind Tengu Man and smothered his cloudy body against Tengu Man's jet thrusters. The thrusters sputtered and sparked- Tengu Man's internal CPU told him that they had temporarily malfunctioned- and went offline.

Tengu Man landed on the ground with a bone-shattering thud, squishing the cloud drone beneath him. The wispy cold air of the drone spread over the ground, and then reconvened back into its original shape. Before Tengu Man could shake the buzzing from his damaged audio-receptors, the cloud drone had leapt at him again, latching onto Tengu Man's jet wing. Tengu Man wriggled his wing about trying to shake the pesky cloud off it, but the drone clung to the wing tightly with no intention of releasing Tengu Man's wingtip. Suddenly, Tengu Man dove to the ground on his side, letting his pointy wingtip plunge into the ground impaling the cloud drone. The drone vanished into nothingness as Tengu Man pulled his wing out of the ground.

"Coward," Tengu Man snorted at Cold Man.

"Hey, all's fair in war and- something else," Cold Man replied.

"Fair this!" Tengu Man roared as he dashed towards Cold Man with his hand- blades. Cold Man sucked in a deep breath and knelt to the ground in front of the charging Tengu Man. He let his icy breath fly from him and coat the ground in an ice sheet. Tengu Man never had enough time to leap over the spreading ice before it touched his feet and began to spread all over his legs- freezing his locomotion completely.

Cold Man put his hands on his hips and roared with laughter. "You're pathetic!" Cold Man laughed. Tengu Man snarled savagely as he began to hack away at his icy entrapment with his blades. That was all the time Cold Man needed to form a small wall of ice in front of him and shove it into the frozen Tengu Man. The wall shattered on impact with Tengu Man, leaving him reeling in his spot. Cold Man walked up to the frozen Tengu Man and smacked him mockingly across the cheek. "Who's yo daddy?" Cold Man taunted slapping Tengu Man again, "Who's yo daddy?"

Roll groaned. "What an idiot."

Cold Man soon stopped his mocking when Tengu Man shoved his center blade into Cold Man's chest. Cold Man gasped and staggered backwards, holding his bloody gash which was now beginning to freeze on his frigid metal body. Tengu Man took one last swipe at his ice trap, and finally succeeded in freeing himself. "Now let's see who's laughing!" Tengu Man roared, igniting his jets and taking to the air. Cold Man sputtered and wheezed, and weakly got to his feet holding his bleeding wound

"Tengu Man," Cold Man groaned, "We used to make a great team, remember?"

Tengu Man became motionless in the air. "We used to," Tengu Man admitted, "That was until Rock over there and Forte destroyed us." Tengu Man pointed an accusing finger at Rockman.

"Hey! I was just trying to save the world, you mechanical maniac!" Rockman shouted back at Tengu Man.

"Smart ***," Tengu Man grumbled.

Suddenly, another cloud of chilly air rushed into Tengu Man's face. Tengu Man took a wild slash with his blades, dispatching the foggy cloud into nothingness. "I'm not gonna' fall for that again, Cold Man!" said Tengu Man.

"Damn," Cold Man muttered.

Tengu Man rubbed his backside where he had fallen upon earlier. It still hurt, "but that's nothing compared to what I'll do to Cold Man!" Tengu Man snarled to himself.

"Ew," Roll groaned, watching Tengu Man pamper his bruised bottom.

Suddenly, Tengu Man's thrusters ignited with a blaze of fire, sending Tengu Man soaring high into the air and disappearing into the sky. Cold Man grimaced. "I know this move," he grumbled.

Once again, Cold Man popped his top and another cloud drone floated out from his head.

A sudden ear-shattering screech from the sky echoed all over the stadium, as a small flick of light glimmered where Tengu Man was. The flicker soon became a tiny fireball in the sky- Cold Man knew what his foe was up to. "Get him!" Cold Man barked at his drone. The fog drone nodded, and took to the air headed straight for Tengu Man.

Tengu Man was speeding through the air at an amazing speed, his three blades itching to slash Cold Man to scrap in one swooping dive. The chilly cloud drone was headed for a collision course with the speeding demon-like robot, neither showing any signs of backing down. "My drone'll take his jets," Cold Man relaxed and crossed his arms. "Tengu Man can't possibly survive another crash," Cold Man reassured himself.

And he was right. Just as Tengu Man neared the drone, his CPU blared at him to abort his suicide dive- his thrusters were already badly damaged from the first fall and, another one would destroy them- along with Tengu Man. "Sod the ****ing jets!" Tengu Man screeched, outstretching his arm with his three emerald hue blades. And with one final burst of speed, Tengu Man's blades sliced through the drone like a hot laser-cutter through infra- plastic.

"Oh, ****," were the only words Cold Man managed to mutter before Tengu Man plunged into the ground, plunging his blade deep inside Cold Man's body and finally stopping once it stuck in the ground. Tengu Man yanked his blade from the ground, and thanked his durable blades for absorbing the impact of his fall. Cold Man groaned as his two separated halves fell to the floor.

"And here's our winner," Rockman announced to the roaring crowd, "Tengu Man!"

The Asylum's note:

Wheee! Next to go: Astro Man VS Heat Man!

-The Asylum (Chill Man)

Pokemaster Ash
4th January 2004, 10:36 PM
Ah, Astro Man vs. Heat Man. I remember that fight. Thank goodness for the energy barriers protecting the audience...

Mewfour
12th January 2004, 10:53 AM
Chapter 11 - The Sons of the Sun

The King moved one space to the left, bumping the Pawn out of its resting place. Within instants, the Pawn found itself being plucked by the head up and off the battlefield.

"No fair!" Roll complained, "You said you wouldn't do that anymore!"

Rockman groaned. "C'mon Roll, it's just a game anyway."

"But you always win at chess!" Roll complained.

Rockman sighed. He picked up Roll's captured piece and placed it back on the checkered board. Tapping his King back to its original perch, Rockman moved his Bishop one space to the upper right.

Roll quickly shoved her freed Pawn one space diagonally to the left of Rockman's valiant King and announced "Checkmate!"

"Oh, you win again Roll," Rockman grumbled sarcastically.

"Hello hello everyone!" Blues welcomed the roaring crowd. "May I introduce tonight's competitors! On the north end of the field, his nuclear fusion engine will surely melt you down, Heat Man!" A stream of fire shot from the north entrance of the arena and traveled to the center of the field. The flames soon bonded together and formed a short robot inside a yellow box- like armor. "And now, on the south end of the field, he doesn't reach for the stars, he brings them down to his level, Astro Man!" A green robot - his torso on top of a large black orb and sporting a small weather vane on his head leapt onto the field.

Auto again popped out from out of the crowd and ran onto the center of the field and exclaimed, "I declare this a Ro-battle-" His words were cut suddenly short as a sleek black figure shot down from the top of the stadium and crashed into Auto.

"God, that guy is really annoying," the strange figure grumbled.

"Bass! What the hell are you doing here?" Rockman gasped in surprise.

The figure turned around to face Rockman. "Whatever I please," he responded coldly. Bass walked over to the announcer's table and sat down beside Blues.

"How- how did you know we were here?" Blues asked.

Bass groaned. "It's kind of hard to miss it with all the bloody advertising for this tournament, Blues," Bass replied.

"Why- why did you hurt Auto?" Roll asked innocently.

"Wily told me to."

"Wily! How-?" Rockman gasped.

"He has a TV in his hideout, you know," Bass said. "And thank God too. I can't stand that old fool's endless babbling. Wily loves this tournament, but he felt Auto was bringing it down. So he asked me to 'help'."

"Hey!" Heat Man shouted from the middle of the field, "Can we start already?"

"Yeah," said Astro Man, "I'm getting bored."

Auto wearily got to his feet. "Ro-battle. begin," Auto groaned, limping off the field and back into the crowd.

"Now be a good little lighter and sit still," Astro Man taunted Heat Man.

"I'll blow you sky-high," Heat Man retorted.

With that, the lid to Heat Man's armor shut closed. A burst of flames erupted from Heat Man's body. Soon, all that was visible of Heat Man was simply a ball of fire. The fireball rose into the air and shot forwards at Astro Man. The fireball slammed into Astro Man sending him reeling with offset balance on his orb. The blazing inferno soon took the shape of a robot, and rematerialized back into Heat Man. "Had enough?" Heat Man taunted.

"Hardly," Astro Man said. Astro Man raised his arms high into the air, and then flung them down. "Astro Crush!" he shouted.

The sky seemed to darken, strangely without the presence of clouds. What seemed to be glistening stars in the sky grew in size, turning out to be little flaming balls of fire, and they were headed straight for the stadium. Heat Man gasped, and took a preparation stance. "See how you like my fireballs!" Astro Man snickered as he pointed one of his stubby golden fingers at Heat Man. The fire in the sky now increased their speed as they zoomed down onto the battlefield. Soon, the arena was a battleground gone mad as the flaming balls of fire revealed themselves to be small meteorites and hailed down upon the ring. Heat Man quickly slammed his lid to his armor shut and burst into flames. The Heat Man fireball raced around the ring, weaving to and fro trying to avoid the interstellar assault. When Heat Man's circuitry could no longer stand the intense heat of his phase shift, he reformed back into his body. Luckily for Heat Man, he kept his lid shut, shielding him from the barrage of flaming meteorites raining onto the arena.

"Mommy," One young child in the audience asked, "Why aren't those fireworks coming on us?"

"You see those little posts at the wall of the ring?" the child's mother answered, "Those are force-barrier generators. We're safe from all stray firepower."

"Yay!" cheered the child.

When the galactic onslaught was over, Heat Man popped his lid back up and groaned, "Ouch." Heat Man rubbed his head.

Astro Man snickered. "You like that?" he taunted, "Here, have another!" Astro Man raised his arms again and threw them down screeching, "Astro Crush!"

Another hailstorm of meteors flew down from the sky. Heat Man quickly shifted states back into fireball form and sped this way and that trying to dodge the meteorite storm. When the assault was over, Heat Man reshifted back to his normal form and popped his lid back open.

"Astro Man never could do that," Bass muttered.

"Oh, we used Astro Man's old blueprints," Rockman said.

Heat Man put both of his hands together, setting them alight. "I've got a blazing surprise for you too, Astro Man!" Heat Man chuckled to himself. Heat Man wound one arm back and then formed his hand into a fiery fist. Heat Man then made a baseball pitch with his arm, his giant fist shooting a large fireball at Astro Man. The speeding inferno smashed into Astro Man, knocking him off balance. "Like that, Astro Man?" Heat Man snickered, "That's straight from my nuclear reactor engine! Atomic Fire!"

With that, Heat Man formed another fireball in his hands. Heat Man grimaced and focused more energy into his fireball, letting it grow into an even large ball of flames. As soon as Astro Man regained his balance Heat Man tossed his charged up Atomic Fire at him.

However, a small panel in Astro Man's orb opened up like a little doorway, and out flew a small black ball, orbiting around Astro Man's body. When the Atomic Fire neared closer to Astro Man, Astro Man pointed at the fireball and barked, "Attack!" The ball detached itself from its miniature orbit and raced towards the oncoming fireball. The ball and the Atomic Fire collided with each other with a flaming explosion. Both Heat Man and Astro Man were thrown off balance by the blast.

As soon as Astro Man retrieved his balance, he found Heat Man had teleported in his fireball mode right behind him. Heat Man grasped Astro Man's orb with both hands and snickered. Heat Man's hands became a blazing inferno. Soon, Astro Man felt Heat Man's flames begin to melt through his orb's armor. "Get off me!" Astro Man yelled as he swung his arms wildly, just barely missing Heat Man. Suddenly, Heat Man thrust his arm deep inside Astro Man's wound and screamed "Atomic Fire!"

The following explosion was an epic. Heat Man was blown backwards to the other side of the arena by Astro Man's detonating body. "And there's our winner," Blues announced to the roaring crowd as Heat Man groggily got back to his feet, "Heat Man!"

The Asylum's note:

KAAAAAAAAA-BOOOOOOOOOOOMM!!! Ha ha ha ha!

Next up: Flame Man VS Slash Man!

-The Asylum (Chill Man)

Mewfour
20th January 2004, 10:18 AM
Chapter 12- Flamin' Slash!

Bass snuck up behind Roll. "Hey Roll," he said, putting his hands on her shoulders, giving her a startled jump, "Why don't ya' ditch these pack o' losers and go out with a real 'bot?"

Roll sighed. "I would, if you weren't a psychotic, sadistic, maniacal war machine."

"Oh, sure. Be nit-picky," Bass grumbled.

"Bass, what you did to Auto was really mean," Roll growled, turning around to face Bass.

"Aw, c'mon. Wily told me to shut him up. And you know the second law." Presently Bass grumbled. "Stupid old man."

"And then there was the time when you fought King with Rock-"

"I wasn't helping him. King was mainly after me."

"- I thought you had turned good. Now I see differently."

"Bah. I gotta' go. Wily said to return as soon as possible." Bass was surrounded by a purple aura, and soon vanished from sight.

"What a creep," Roll muttered.

"Ladies and Gentlemen!" Blues' announcement to the audience made them roar. "Here are tonight's competitors! From the north end of the field, He slices n' dices, hell, he even trices, Let's hear it for Slash Man!" A wild yell echoed all over the stadium as a shaggy robot sporting a pair of long razor- sharp claws leapt onto the field. His golden brown hair stood spiky and upright, locks of pointy hair jutted out from all over his head and arms. He snapped out of his slouch and threw his body upright.

Slash Man then roared out an ear-deafening battle scream, "Slash Man kill- ee! Kill-ee!" He beat his chest and hollered another war cry.

"And, from the south end, he's a guy you don't want to aggravate on the Internet, Flame Man!" A slender red robot wearing a large turban and pointy feet walked out onto the field.

Auto popped out from the stands again, and hobbled to the center of the field. "Ro-battle, yada yada yada- Begin!"

"Slash Man not like crazy robot!" Slash Man shrieked, and took a wild slash at Auto. Auto quickly leapt out of harm's way and scrambled back over the wall of the ring and into the stands. "Slash Man Kill-ee! Kill-ee!" Slash Man screamed, chasing after Auto.

Rockman quickly leapt in front of Slash Man before he could climb the wall. "Slash Man, you're supposed to 'kill-ee' Flame Man."

Slash Man gawked, and tilted his head to his shoulder. "Kill-ee who?" He asked, confused.

"God no, I sure hope he doesn't win!" Roll groaned.

"Apparently that oil bath Cossack gave him before the match didn't help much," said blues, holding his nose.

"Kill him, Flame Man," Rockman said.

"Kill-ee Flame bot?" Slash Man mused. "Slash Man want kill other bot."

"Well, Slash Man won't kill other bot."

"Me want kill-ee! Kill-ee!" Slash Man screamed, jumping up and down on the spot furiously. "Kill-ee kill-ee kill-ee!"

"Okay, Flame Man is Auto."

Slash Man gawked, and then looked at Flame Man. "Flame bot is Auto bot?" Rockman nodded. "But other bot go there! How Flame bot be Auto bot?"

"Because he is," Rockman groaned.

"Kill-ee!" Slash Man screeched, turning around and lunging at Flame Man.

Slash Man's claws sailed through the air, Flame Man found just enough time to leap out of their path. Slash Man landed on his feet, and with skillful ninja-like agility, he bounded back for another lunge as soon as he touched the ground. Flame Man again narrowly dodged Slash Man's Slash Claw attack. Slash Man quickly whirled around and started throwing lightning-fast punch after punch at Flame Man, his Slash Claws sailing through the air like bullets like his arms were both Tommy-guns. Flame Man kept leaping backwards, narrowly avoiding Slash Man's attacks as the savage robot gave chase.

"****! Look at him move!" Blues gasped, "Rock, how did you ever manage to beat this psycho?"

"Barely," Rock squeaked.

Suddenly, Flame Man leapt high over Slash Man's head, and slammed his arm cannon barrel to the ground. With a dazzling flash of fire, Flame Man sent out an enormous wall of flames around him. Slash Man blindly leapt into the inferno, and quickly leapt back after the flames had burned him. "Ouchie! Ouchie!" Slash Man screamed, holding his burned hands. Slash Man quickly spat into his palms and began to lick them.

Flame Man arose to his feet, aimed his cannon at Slash Man, and fired a small fireball. The fireball plopped onto the ground at Slash Man's clawed feet. "What this?" Slash Man asked. His question was soon answered when the Flame Blast shot up into the sky like a rocket, blasting Slash Man in his face. "Burn! Burn!" Slash Man shrieked, holding his face in agony.

"What a freak," Flame Man muttered. Flame Man leapt into the air, and dropkicked Slash Man in the nose. Slash Man was sent flying backwards a good seven meters from Flame Man's attack.

However, as soon as Slash Man hit the ground, he kicked himself back up to his feet. "Flame bot hurt Slash Man!" Slash Man snarled, "Slash Man kill- ee! Kill-ee!" Slash Man screamed, lunging at Flame Man again. Slash Man jabbed his Slash Claw at Flame Man, catching Flame Man by his turban. The claw cut through the material like a scissors through paper. The turban began to unravel; Flame Man quickly tucked it back into place. Slash Man again threw his claws rapid-fire at Flame Man's face, Flame Man barely avoiding each of his foe's vicious assaults. Suddenly, Slash Man's body began to glow a burning red, and he lunged at Flame Man. He tackled Flame Man and pinned him to the ground. "Kill-ee!" Slash Man screamed, plunging his claw into Flame Man's body. Flame Man screamed in agony as Slash Man twisted his Slash Claws in his body. "Kill-ee kill-ee kill-ee!" Slash Man continued to holler, savagely wiggling his talons about in Flame Man.

Flame Man suddenly held his cannon arm up at Slash Man's face and gave him another Flame Blast in his face. Slash Man screeched in agony and leapt off Flame Man. Flame Man wearily got back to his feet, and grippe the large bloody wound in his torso, his inside mechanics and wire just beginning to spill out.

"Ewww!" Roll squealed, covering her eyes and looking away.

"Whoo-hooo!" Blues cheered.

"Ouch, that's gotta' hurt," Rockman muttered.

Slash Man had soon recovered, and was attacking Flame Man again. He took slash after wild slash at Flame Man, Flame Man just barely managing to dodge his assaults. Suddenly, Flame Man jabbed his cannon into Slash Man's claws, and fired another ball of fire. Slash Man screeched as his claws began to melt away. "Slash Man not need claws to kill-ee!" Slash Man screamed, lunging at Flame Man again. Again, Slash Man was kneeling on top of Flame Man. He threw his fists down onto Flame Man's head with wild passion. Flame Man again countered his foe's attacks by shoving his cannon into Slash Man's face and firing another Flame Blast. Slash Man leapt off of Flame Man and again screamed in pain.

As soon as he rose to his feet again, Flame Man rushed in front of Slash Man, grabbed him by his wild hair, and viciously yanked on it. Slash Man screeched in agony as Flame Man pressed his cannon at the side of Slash Man's head, and let loose another blast of fire. Slash Man and Flame Man leapt apart from each other.

"Slash Man not feel good," Slash Man groaned.

"Do you like bacon, Slash Man?" Flame Man asked casually.

"Slash Man like! Why?" he asked.

"Cuz' you're turning into it," Flame Man s******ed.

At that moment, Slash Man was suddenly ware that something was burning. And then he realized it was him. "Hair! Hair! Slash Man's hair on fire!" he screamed, running around the ring, whacking his head trying to smother the fire. Flame Man groaned, and stood in his spot, rubbing his bleeding wound. When Flame Man had had enough of Slash Man's screaming, he promptly intercepted Slash Man's circular running path, and threw a single punch at him when he neared. Slash Man instantly shut up, and fell to the ground lifelessly.

"And there we have it," Blues declared, "Flame Man is tonight's winner!"

The Asylum's note:

Ha ha ha! Fun fight, eh? And Flame Man won! Long live the underdog!

-The Asylum (Chill Man)

Mewfour
25th January 2004, 11:26 AM
Chapter 13- Just Leaf your Waves behind.

"Yahoo!"

The sudden shriek from Auto nearly made Rockman and Roll jump out of their skin. "Wh-what-? Auto?" Rock stammered.

"Thank you Doc C! I'll tell him right away!" Auto cheered gleefully into the receiver of the phone, quickly slamming it down to its mount.

"Auto, what is it?" Roll asked.

"Oh boy oh boy oh boy," Auto giggled, "Doc Cossack's found the remains of the Stardroids in Russia!"

"Th-the Stardroids!" Rock gasped, "Sunstar-!"

Auto shook his head. "Nope! But he's found his other eight officers, the ones named after planets!" Auto bounded around the room singing as he spoke. "Their super-resistant metal armor survived re-entry to Earth's atmosphere, and landed right in Russia! All eight of them!"

Roll sighed. "So that's what those 'meteorites' were, too bad it wasn't Duo."

"And just think!" Auto exclaimed with a demented giggle, "we can have them in the Wreckoning too!"

"Oh, goodie," Roll groaned.

Rockman glumly sighed. "Sunstar, I should have been able to have saved you," he muttered under his breath.

"Well hello ladies and gentlemen!" Blues welcomed the roaring audience. "Let's see tonight's competitors! On the north end of the arena, he's a lumberjack's worst nightmare, Wood Man!" A large blocky robot with a body that looked like a large fat tree stump for armor waddled onto the field. "And on the south end, be sure to 'Wave' to him next time you're surfing, Wave Man!" A rotund blue robot with a scuba-mask and harpoon launcher integrated into his arm cannon wobbled his way beside Wood Man.

The arena was silent once more. "Oh bugger," Blues sighed, "Auto says 'Ro- battle begin,' yada yada yada.."

Wave Man eyed his harpoon. "I'm gonna' use you as my dartboard!" Wave Man snickered, looking at Wood Man

"Wood floats. And your cold dead body will too!" Wood Man rebutted.

Suddenly, Wave Man threw both his arms up into the air and exclaimed, "Water Wave!"

The ground began to tremble and shake. Wood Man found himself stumbling for balance above the tremors. Suddenly, a large spout of water erupted from the ground. Wave Man aimed his Harpoon Cannon at his adversary and said, "Go forth, my wave!"

The water sunk back into the ground, redoubling it's shaking of the arena. The Water Wave shot out of the round again, followed by more streams just like it, all heading towards Wood Man.

Wood Man closed his eyes, put his hands in front of him, and yelled, "Leaf Shield activate!" A barrage of metal leaves suddenly sprouted from Wood Man's body, and flew about around him like a spherical wall. The Water Wave slammed into Wood Man, spraying water all over the arena. When the waves subsided and soaked back into the ground, Wood Man was still standing in his spot.

"Nice try!" Wood Man bellowed with laughter. As soon as Wood Man pointed his stubby finger at Wave Man, the mess of leaves that encircled his body stopped their movement. With a mighty war cry from their master, Wood Man's leaves shot towards Wave Man. The razor-edged leaves slammed into Wave Man, knocking the round robot over. As soon as Wave Man got back to his feet, Wood Man leapt in front of him, and delivered a knuckle-lined package to his face. Wave Man was bowled over by Wood Man's assault, and rolled all the way to the other side of the ring.

"Ouch," Blues murmured.

Wood Man was at Wave Man's feet, and plucked him up to his feet by the scuba-cord on Wave Man's face. "Time to die!" Wood Man snickered.

"Wrong-o!" Wave Man growled. With that, Wave Man shoved his spear into Wood Man's body. Wood Man roared in agony, dropping Wave Man and stumbling backward, falling over onto his rump. Wood Man groaned, and stroked Wave Man's harpoon that was lodged deeply into his heavily bleeding body. Wood Man gagged, and spat up a wad of oil-blood. Wave Man wiped his bloody chin and groggily got to his feet.

"You'll pay for that!" Wood Man vowed.

Wave Man stared Wood Man in the eyes. "We'll see about that!" he taunted.

In a flash, Wood Man was in front of Wave Man, and let him have a iron- skinned fist to his face. Wave Man reeled backwards from the blow, but jabbed his arm cannon into Wood Man's body, the butt-end of his harpoon re- loading into his cannon. "Goodbye," said Wave Man calmly, firing his harpoon.

The harpoon blasted through Wood Man's body and flew out of the arena and into the sky. Soon, it was but a flicker of light to join the stars in the night sky. Wood Man groaned, and fell flat on his back, unconscious. "Well, here's our winner," Blues hummed, "Wave Man!"

The Asylum's note:

Ouch, bad way to go! Poor Mr. Woody!

What? Ewww! Not THAT Mr. Woody! You bloody pervert!

-The Asylum (Chill Man)

Mewfour
1st February 2004, 08:10 PM
Chapter 14- Air Man VS Aqua Man

Centaur Man suddenly appeared in front of Rock and Doctor Light in the lab. Hey, Light," said Centaur Man, looking at Doctor. Light, "Doc Coss. says he could rebuild those Stardroids that fell to earth and use them in the tourney."

Doctor Light sighed. "I don't know, we had a miniature tournament planned for you, Plant, Gravity and Cut Man," said Light.

Centaur Man scratched his head, and wagged his tail about. "Yeah, plus we found their leader-"

"Sunstar?" Rock gasped.

"Nope, not him," Centaur Man said, a tad annoyed by Rock's rudeness, "Terra just came down a few hours after Cossack phoned you guys."

"I don't know," Light murmured.

Blues suddenly popped out from out of nowhere and whispered into his creator's ear, "More robots mean more money!"

"Hello again everyone!" Blues welcomed the roaring crowd with his siblings. "In the North end of the field, he'll huff and puff and blow you away, but he's not some fairy tale, Air Man!" A tall blue robot sporting a large fan inside his torso walked onto the field. "And from the south end, you can see what he's made of, literally, Aqua Man!" A rotund robot, his body being a glass orb filled with water and a pressure valve mechanism and wheel stepped onto the field beside Air Man.

Suddenly, the spotlight stands of the open-air arena went out. Then a small single-person spotlight shone on the top row seats of the stadium, right on Auto. "Ro-battle, begin!" he declared.

"I'm a' gonna' bash you good, punk!" Air Man taunted his foe, letting his fans whir.

"Don't just sing it, bring it" Aqua Man retorted, loading his Water Balloon launcher.

Aqua Man aimed his nozzle-arm at Air Man and shot forth a small projectile. Air Man crossed his arms in front of his face, and then shot them outward, letting his main chest fan blow the projectile away and high into the sky. In retaliation, Air Man aimed his arm cannon at Aqua Man and let loose a blast of air at him. The Air Shooter slammed into Aqua Man, bowling him over and rolling along the ground on his round body. As soon as Aqua Man got back to his feet, Air Man had leapt in front of him, and let his main fans blow Aqua Man head over heels away to the other side of the ring.

"This just isn't my day," Aqua Man groaned, slumped against the arena wall as Air Man approached him. As soon as Air Man was within an arm's reach of Aqua Man, Aqua Man shoved his nozzle-arm into Air Man's chest fans and shot a Water Balloon into them. Air Man quickly tried to switch on his fans to deflect the attack- but the Water Balloon's skin shattered once it hit the fan blades, spun around with the fans, and jammed up the mechanism completely. A burst of smoke and spark erupted from Air Man's belly, blowing the tall blue robot over on his back. Air Man quickly spewed air from his arm cannon, putting out the little fire that covered his chest fans.

Aqua Man and Air Man groggily got to their feet. "You're going down, blowhard!" Aqua Man vowed, pointing his nozzle at Air Man.

"I'll smash you in," Air Man rebutted.

Aqua Man quickly shot out his nozzle-arm and shot out another Water Balloon. Air Man tied tore-activate his fans, but only got a sizzle and spark of burnt out machinery in response. The steel-skinned projectile smashed into Air Man's forehead, blowing water and bits of Air Man's forehead armor every which way. Air Man staggered backwards a few steps, rubbing his bleeding forehead. Blood began to dribble down his face in a stead stream.

In a flash, Aqua Man was standing before him, ready to jab his nozzle into Air Man's wound, and pump him full of water. "Say goodbye, Air Man," Aqua Man snickered.

Suddenly, Air Man shot his had out and grasped Aqua Man by his pressure valve wheel. With a sharp spin, Air Man released all the pent-up air inside Aqua Man's body. Aqua Man only laughed.

"You think Wily would've really built me to be defeated like that?" Aqua Man laughed.

"I guess not," Sighed Air Man, "But I bet he didn't build you for this!"

With that, Air Man tore off the wheel from Aqua Man's belly, and jabbed his arm cannon into the resulting hole. The hum of whirring fans echoed throught Aqua Man's transparent water-filled body, as Air Man continued to fill his foe up with air. "Ever wonder how Hydraulics work?" Air Man snickered.

Aqua Man felt bubbles of air tickling him from the inside of his body. "Stop!" he pleaded, waving his arms about frantically, "You'll make me burst!" His shoulder joints sparked and set ablaze, as the pressure inside him continued to build.

"That's the point," Air Man laughed as he continued to fill his foe up with air. The spray of water, shrapnel, and shattered glass flew all over the arena, as Aqua Man exploded into millions of tiny pieces.

"There we have it," announced Blues, "Air Man is our winner!"

The Asylum's note:

Blammo! Tee hee hee. I never liked the MM8 RMs anyway..

-The Asylum (Chill Man)

Mewfour
10th February 2004, 10:07 AM
Chapter 15-Elec Man VS Toad Man

"Yes! Atta' boy, Air Man!"

Bass groaned. "You stupid old man, are you still watching that?"

"I can't help it!" Wily said, "What can I say? I made all of them! I love this tournament!"

"All of them? No you didn't," Bass grumbled.

"Oh, smart ***," Wily grumbled.

"I swear, one more day in this goddamn cave, with one half-burnt out light bulb for lighting, one extra energy pack, eight new other junkheaps in your lab, and with you and that goddamn TV, I'll blast it in!" Bass roared.

"Oh, quiet down!" said Wily harshly.

"Quiet down?" Bass screamed, "You've taped every single fight and have been watching them over and over and over and over-"

"Hush!" barked Wily. "I watch them to improve on my designs, and to notice where I made my flaws."

"Uh huh," Bass grumbled, "So you need a twelve-pack of booze and seven bags of chips to study, huh?" he asked, not expecting any answer, pointing to the armchair Wily was in.

"Hush up!" Wily snapped, plunging his hand into a nearby coffee table in a bag of chips, and taking out a handful. Wily jabbed them in his mouth and chewed loudly. "Chip?" he offered Bass with a full mouth,

"I think I'll pass," Bass groaned.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" Blues welcomed the roaring crowd. "Let's say hello to tonight's competitors!"

"On the north end of the field," said Rock, "he's one electrifying guy, Elec Man!" A slender black robot with a yellow eye mask walked to the center of the field. "And, don't get him mixed up with Kermit the frog, Toad Man!" A loud frog's croak echoed all over the stadium as a fat green robot that looked like a bullfrog leapt onto the field.

Auto popped out from the stands of the stadium, hobbled over the arena wall, and dashed in front of the two combatants. "Ro-battle, begin!" he declared, and then scrambled back over the walls and back to his seat.

"Weirdo," Roll groaned.

"Rrrr-ibit!" Toad Man croaked.

"Hey Roll!" Elec man called to Roll, "Wish me luck!"

"Good luck," Roll sighed.

Suddenly, a compartment on Toad Man's belly opened. "Let Hell rain on you!" Toad Man snickered. Toad Man angled his open stomach to the sky, and out flew a small capsule. The capsule shot into the sky, and soon exploded in a puff of smoke.

A small drizzle of rain fell from the night sky. A droplet landed on Elec Man's hand, and cut a hole straight through it with a sizzle. "Acid rain-!" Elec Man gasped.

Toad Man s******ed aloud. "And that's not all!" he laughed. Toad Man flung himself at Elec Man with blinding speed. Toad Man's speeding body felt like a runaway freight train had smashed into him. Elec Man was thrown backwards by the impact of Toad Man's assault.

Elec Man landed a few feet away from Toad Man. "Had enough?" Toad Man croaked. Elec Man jumped to his feet and aimed his finger at Toad Man, shouting, "Thunder Beam!"

Elec Man shot a large blast of energy from his fingertip, aimed straight at Toad Man. The Thunder Beam slammed into Toad Man, knocking him backwards. "Ouch," Toad Man croaked.

The acid rain from Toad Man's Rain Flush had let down its last drops. Elec Man rubbed his acid-burned body. Toad Man recovered his senses, and quickly threw himself in a tackle towards Elec Man. Toad Man smacked into Elec Man again, this time landing on top of Elec Man's fallen body. Elec Man struggled underneath Toad Man, but Toad Man's hefty girth and weight pinned him to the ground. Toad Man opened up his stomach panel again. "You're gonna' eat this!" Toad Man snickered, preparing another pod of acid rain. The pod poked out of Toad Man's belly, ready to be fired point-blank range at Elec Man.

But before Toad Man could fire, Elec Man writhed his arm free of Toad Man's body, and shoved it into the pod compartment elbow-deep. "Eat this," Elec Man smirked, "Thunder Beam!"

Toad Man's body was blow to smithereens from the dazzling flash of light from Elec Man's Thunder Beam. "And here's our winner tonight folks," Blues announced to the cheering audience, "Elec Man!"

The Asylum's note:

Ouch! You gotta know that's oughta' hurt.

-The Asylum (Chill Man)

Mewfour
15th February 2004, 08:49 PM
Chapter 16 - Cryssssssssstals.

His orange-armored hand ran over the shining scissor blade with cloth and polish. "Cut Man," Gravity Man groaned, "are you just gonna' polish that damn cutter of yours all day?"

Cut Man had taken offence to Gravity Man's remark, and propped the pair of blades back atop his head. He got up from his chair and said, "Yes, I am. What's that to you?" Cut Man said.

"You've been cleaning the thing for seven straight days," Gravity Man moaned.

"So?"

"Don't you ever get bored?"

"No."

"Oh, silly robots," a giggling voice said from the doorway of the room.

"Kalinka," Cut Man groaned, "Through with Plant Man yet?" he asked.

Kalinka giggled, and reached into the hallway behind the doorjamb. She pulled out Plant Man and propped him in front of her. Plant Man's four face- petals were painted a bright green and blue pattern. Pink eye shadow lined his eyelids and a little trinket of a jewel was positioned on his helmet. His two vines were neatly tied together in a long braid. "Save me," Plant Man groaned.

"Welcome back to the Wreckoning!"

Blues' address to the crowd triggered another roaring applause. "In the north end of the field, he's hissy, but that's a good thing for him, Snake Man!" A tall robot with a large snake head-like helmet with a long appendage that looked like a snake's tail at the back walked to the center of the field. "And, from the south end, He may not be made of diamonds, but he's just as tough, Crystal Man!" A shining green robot sporting numerous crystal balls on his body walked onto the field beside Snake Man.

Suddenly, Auto's voice blared over the speakers in the open-air stadium. "I declare this a Ro-battle!" Auto declared, "Begin!"

Snake Man cocked his Arm Cannon. "Sssssssay hello to my little friendsssssss," he hissed.

Crystal Man opened his palm, and formed a large orb of energy in it. "Shut up and fight!"

Not as much as a millisecond passed between the times Crystal Man said that and when Snake Man took a flying lunge at him. Crystal Man took a giant leap into the air, letting Snake Man literally eat dirt below him. "Crystal Eye!" Crystal Man exclaimed as he hurled his energy orb at Snake Man. Snake Man rolled over just in time to avoid the speeding sphere, which shattered into many pieces when it hit the ground. Snake Man reared up, and kicked his legs into the air, the momentum of his kick flipping himself back to his feet. Crystal Man landed a short distance away from him.

Snake Man was soon on the offensive once more, this time tackling Crystal Man to the ground. Snake Man sat on top of his foe, and aimed his Cannon at the ground. A little puff of white smoke flew from the barrel of his weapon, and out slithered a small green mechanical snake. "Give him a kissssssssssss," Snake Man ordered his drone.

The Search Snake slithered towards Crystal Man. Crystal Man struggle beneath Snake Man, but could not pry himself free from his pin. The Search Snake prodded Crystal Man's ear with his snout, and then nibbled at the side of his head. Crystal Man cried out in agony as the snake began to engorge itself into Crystal Man's head.

With a burst of power, Crystal Man wrenched his arm free from underneath Snake Man's body, and fired another Crystal Eye in his face. Snake Man screeched as he was blown clear off Crystal Man. Crystal Man quickly got back to his feet, and plucked the wriggling snake from his head. He held the small drone in his giant palm, and took a small look at it before crushing it in his fist.

"Now you'vvve done it," Snake Man hissed, kneeling as he held his face, "You'vve gone and gotten me annoyed!" Snake Man stood up, and took his hand away from his face. Half the artificial skin on his cheeks and jaw was torn off from the Crystal Eye, dribbling blood all over his chin.

Crystal Man formed another energy orb in his hand. "Come get some!" he challenged.

Snake Man needed no further provocation. He charged at Crystal Man again, poising his Arm Cannon for an assault. Crystal Man wound back his arm, ready to hurl his Crystal Eye at Snake Man.

Crystal Man flung his arm forward, sending the Crystal Eye speeding forwards at Snake Man. Snake Man took a flying somersault over the deadly orb and landed in front of Crystal Man. Before Crystal Man could even budge, Snake Man buried his Arm Cannon into Crystal Man's right shoulder. "Ssssssssay goodbye!" Snake Man chuckled with a hiss, and fired his cannon, making Crystal Man jolt.

Snake Man quickly back-flipped away from Crystal Man and landed skillfully on his feet. Crystal Man screamed in pain, clutching his damaged shoulder and collapsed to his knees. Crystal Man gave another agonizing cry hunching over, staring at the ground. Finally, Crystal Man's voice processor blew a fuse with his last ear-blasting scream, as a Search Snake's head popped out from within Crystal Man's belly. The small snake slithered out of its Crystal Man burrow and slid back to Snake Man, leaving Crystal Man to slump to the floor in a pool of blood.

"Ewww!" Roll squealed.

"Yes!" Blues cheered.

"And there's our winner," Rockman announced to the roaring crowd as the Search Snake slithered up onto Snake Man's shoulder, "Snake Man!"

The Asylum's note:

Yes, I did watch the "Aliens" trilogy. Why do you ask?

-The Asylum (Chill Man)

Mewfour
3rd March 2004, 12:09 PM
Chapter 17 – Crash N’ Burn!

“You know the drill, folks!” Blues said into the microphone in a long corridor of a laboratory, “After each quarter-division match, we interview the division’s winners!”

Rockman, peering at Blues from behind a handheld television camera, gave his brother a thumbs-up. Blues nodded, and pushed open a nearby door. He entered the adjacent room, with Rock close behind. Inside the well-lit room, there stood the eight winners of the last eight matches.

“Yo, Gemini, got any words for the folks at home?” Blues asked the robot, holding the microphone to Gemini Man’s face.

“Yeah,” his counterpart chimed in.

A tap on Blues shoulder made the red robot whirl around. “I’m gonna’ win, you know that,” said a perfect clone of Gemini Man.

Blues crossed past the two clones and stood beside Tengu Man. “Got something to say, Tengu Man?” Blues asked. Tengu Man towered above Blues, taking the microphone from the smaller robot.

“Cold Man was always a wimp,” Tengu Man muttered.

“True,” Blues said. “Now Heat Man! What’d you think of Astro Man?”

Heat Man strode over to Blues. “Weird,” Heat Man mumbled.

“Fair enough,” Blues hummed. “Ah! Flame Man! You got something to say?” Flame Man shook his head once. “Okay, whatever,” Blues sighed. “Wave Man, how about you?”

“Hey Air Man,” Wave Man said, “I wonder how you’d look like with my spear right through that fan of yours!”

The tall blue robot was visibly irritated. “Save it for the Wreckoning, dead ‘bot walking!” Air Man retorted.

“Elec Man!” Blues said to another robot, “You wanna’ say somethin’?”

“Yes,” Elec Man replied slowly, “I’m going to win. End of story.”

“You wissssssh,” Snake Man hissed, waving his snake tail hood in the air. “I’ll crussssssh you for ssssure!”

“Wanna’ try now?”

“Let’sssssss!”

Elec Man and Snake Man lunged at each other. Blues quickly stepped in between them. “C’mon now, save it for the Wreckoning!”

“Welcome to the Wreckoning!”

Blues welcomed the roaring sell-out crowd back to the arena. “In the north end of the field, he’s a ‘smash hit,’ Crash Man!” An orange robot with a glass eye shield on his forehead walked out to the center of the ring. “And, from the south end, he’s everyone’s favorite firebomb throwing maniacal psychopath, Burner Man!” A stumpy red robot sporting two large propane tanks for shoulders leapt onto the field beside Crash Man.

“Me burn you!” Burner Man giggled with demented glee. A large green flame erupted from a vent on top his head.

“Don’t sing it, bring it,” Crash Man retorted.

Auto suddenly sprang from out behind the arena’s walls. “I am referee! I declare this a Ro-battle! Begin!” Then, Auto hobbled back over the walls and back to his seat.

“What an idiot,” Rockman muttered.

Crash Man and Burner Man paced around the ring, eyeing each other down. “Hee hee, burn you will!” Burner Man cackled, bearing a silly grin. A trickle of oil ran down Burner Man’s chin from the corner of his lips as he giggled.

“You got some major problems, dude,” Crash Man quickly said, aiming his hand drills at Burner Man.

With that, Crash Man’s drill appendage shot forward, the Crash Bomb headed straight for Burner Man. Burner Man, with another eerie chuckle, leapt to his side, letting the bomb sail past him harmlessly, exploding a few moments afterward. Burner Man reached behind his back, and pulled out a large blue canister. “See you in Hell!” Burner Man screeched with a laugh, tossing the container at Crash Man. Crash Man leapt backwards just as the can hit the ground where his feet once were, exploding on impact into a burst of flames.

Before Crash Man could land, Burner Man flung his body at him, smashing into Crash Man with his head-flame. Crash Man was knocked over on his back from the blow, with Burner Man sitting on his chest. Burner Man aimed both of his fists at Crash Man’s face, with a wild smile on his face. “Burn!” he screeched.

Suddenly, Crash Man shot his arm upward, the drill appendage catching Burner Man in the face. Burner Man screeched aloud, and tumbled off Crash Man holding his bleeding face. Crash Man wearily got back to his feet, just as Burner Man leapt to his.

Wasting no time, Crash Man charged towards Burner Man, and let his drill hand sail though the air. Burner Man easily avoided the punching assault, and buried his fist into Crash Man’s gut. Crash Man winced, and doubled over. Burner Man quickly grabbed Crash Man by the face, and from his hand he shot a blazing wave of flames. Crash Man screamed with agony, only to have Burner Man deliver another punch to his cheek. Before Crash Man hit the ground, Burner Man grabbed his hand and pulled him back up, and let him have another taste of knuckle.

Crash Man fell withering to the ground. Burner Man cackled, and stood over his foe and raised his foot. But before Burner Man could stomp Crash Man’s cranium in, Crash Man rolled to his right and leapt to his feet. Crash Man slipped behind Burner Man’s back, and wrapped his arms around his neck. Burner Man gagged and struggled to free himself, but Crash Man still clung tightly to his opponent’s neck.

Suddenly, Crash Man’s audio receptors picked up something. It was the sound of sloshing liquid, coming from Burner Man’s body. “His fuel tanks!” Crash Man gasped.

“Let me go!” Burner Man protested, having nearly wrenched himself free form Crash Man’s grasp.

“Sure thing!” Crash Man snickered. With that, he let go of Burner Man, and then quickly catapulted himself onto Burner Man’s shoulders. Raising his drill arms high, Crash Man screeched, “Eat this!” Crash Man jabbed both his drill hands into each of Burner Man’s propane tanks on his shoulders.

Burner Man’s exploding body was ear shattering. The titanic blast Sent Crash Man flying backwards through the air, and left him to land hard on his back.

“And our winner!” Rockman announced to the screaming crowd as Crash Man got to his knees and groaned, “Crash Man!”

The Asylum’s note:

Ka-Blammo! Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

-The Asylum (Chill Man)

Mewfour
16th March 2004, 12:39 PM
Chapter 18 – Searching for something Dynamic-o…

“Sssssssyay baby,” Snake Man crooned, putting his hands on Roll’s shoulders. Roll jumped with a startle. “Why don’t you sssssave yourssself sssome boredom and go out with me?” Snake Man hissed with a chuckle. “I’ll win the tournament anyway.”

Roll turned to face Snake Man. “Snake Man, of all the robots I would rather win, the list does not include you.”

“Aw, come on,” Snake Man smirked, “What if sssssssomeone like Frosssst Man won?”

“I’d say ‘At least it’s not you.”

“Funny… very funny,” Snake Man laughed. “But you don’t want to go out withhhh a big moron like him, do you?”

“What are you getting at, Snake Man?” Roll groaned.

“You know I’ll win the tournament, Roll,” said Snake Man, “Why don’t you ssssssave yoursssself the anxxxiety and waiting and jusssst go out withhhhh me, hmmm?”

“Snake Man, aren’t you supposed to be gay?” Roll quickly said, shrugging Snake Man’s hands off her shoulders.

Snake Man only laughed with an eerie hiss. “Thhhhat wass a dare by Sssssspark Man! You shhhhhhould’ve ssssseen Toad Man’ssss face! Why would I join thhhe tournament if I wasssss gay?”

“You creep me out, Snake Man.”

“Ssssso, how about it, Roll?”

“Snake Man, I’d go out with you if you were a smoldering pile of wreckage with a tombstone stuck on it saying, ‘Snake Man was a moron.’”

Snake Man paused. “Sssso, issss that a no?”

“Welcome to The Wreckoning!” Blues addressed the roaring crowd. “In the north end of the field, he’s a two-headed Schizophrenic, Search Man!” A wide stumpy robot sporting army-camouflage painting scheme and two heads on its shoulders stumbled out onto the center of the field. Suddenly, Search Man tripped and felon his belly.

“You’re supposed to move the left leg!” the right head barked at its left head.

“Me? You said you’d control both legs!” said the left as Search Man picked himself up.

“No! You were supposed to move the left!”

“You were supposed to control the arms!”

“No I wasn’t!”

“Yes you were!”

“No!”

“Yes!”

“No!”

“Yes!”

Search Man raised his right cannon-arm and whacked his left head with it. “Ouch!” yelped the left head. “Two can play at that!”

With that, Search Man’s left arm flew through the air and walloped his right head. “Why you little-!” Search Man’s right head growled at the left.

“Shut up both of you!” Rockman suddenly yelled. Both heads quit their bickering and muttered.

“Anyway,” Blues hummed, “from the south end of the field, he’s a really ‘Dynamic’ guy, Let’s hear it for Dynamo Man!”

Again the crowd roared as a stocky green robot leapt onto the field. He sported a large Plexiglas dome over his head, two power generators over his shoulders, and wielded a small lightning rod in place of his right hand.

Auto, bounding from out of the crowd, leapt into the arena. “Ro-battle begin!” he exclaimed. And with that, he scampered of back into the audience.

Search Man wasted no time in deploying his many explosive warheads. His entire body seemed to split apart, revealing half an army of various missiles. With a thunderous boom, warheads shot from their barrels and zoomed towards Dynamo Man. Dynamo Man quickly leapt backwards, barely avoiding each detonating missile at his feet as he skipped backwards. When the barrage was over, Dynamo Man aimed his lightning rod-hand at Search Man. With a blast, the rod shot from his wrist and sped towards Search Man. Search Man simply parted a gap between his two heads and let the projectile sail between them. “Damn,” Dynamo Man growled, regenerating his hand appendage.

Suddenly, Search Man leapt into the air, and let his body slam into Dynamo Man’s chest. Dynamo Man winced as Search Man pounded his feet into his chest and sprung off them like a springboard. Dynamo Man was shot down on his back, just barely managing to kick himself up to his feet as soon as he was knocked down.

“They may look like heavyweights,” said Rockman to the crowd, “But Search Man and Dynamo Man are both incredibly agile!”

Search Man pivoted on his heel and faced Dynamo Man. “Had enough?” both heads taunted in unison.

Dynamo Man rubbed the hair-thin crack in his Plexiglas head-dome. “Hardly!” he retorted, his voice echoing and slightly muffled inside the protective shield.

Suddenly, Dynamo Man raised his lightning rod arm to the sky and shouted “Lightning Bolt!”

A crack of sizzling thunder shot down from the dark nighttime sky. If Search Man had not moved when he did, the Lightning Bolt would have split him down the middle, where the blackened smoking hole on the arena floor was now. Again, withy his arm still in the sky, Dynamo Man hollered, “Lightning Bolt!” Another blast of lightning came to Earth, with Search Man nimble hopping out of the deadly electricity’s way.

Search Man aimed his right arm-bazooka at Dynamo Man. “Let’s play tag!” both heads snickered. With a puff of smoke, a small sleek missile shot from Search Man’s cannon. The warhead sped past Dynamo Man just as he bent his body out of the way.

“Hah! Missed me!” Dynamo Man taunted.

“Or did we?” Search Man’s right head snickered.

Dynamo Man turned his head, only to see Search Man’s Homing Sniper speeding back towards him. Dynamo Man dodged out of the missile’s path; the Homing Sniper missed him by inches. With a sweat, Dynamo Man leapt away from Search Man, just as the heat-seeker roared around Search Man and came back at him. With leaps and bounds, Dynamo Man raced around the walls of the circular arena, with the Homing Sniper in close pursuit. Search Man was heartily enjoying watching Dynamo Man run around the arena with a missile chasing him. It took all he had to keep both heads from laughing. When Search Man finally bored of being a spectator, he stepped into Dynamo Man’s circular path and stuck out his foot as his foe approached. Dynamo Man, who was much too busy trying to outrun the Homing Sniper, never knew what hit him when he tripped over Search Man’s outstretched leg. With a cry, Dynamo Man was sent sailing through the air, and had the Homing Sniper meet him in his back in a dazzling explosion of flames. Dynamo Man, bits and chunks of his armor spewing off his back, fell to the ground, his body smoking from the Homing Sniper wound. Dynamo Man dizzily got back to his feet, and rubbed another large crack in his dome-shield.

“How ‘bout another game?” Search Man’s left head asked the right.

“Right on!” the right cheered, raising the cannon arm again. With another blast of smoke, another Homing Sniper shot from the bazooka barrel, and raced straight to Dynamo Man.

“Oh, ****,” Dynamo Man growled, shaking off his dizziness and going back on the run from the second lethal warhead.

“Looks like Search Man’s got this’un won,” Blues muttered.

“Let this be over soon,” Roll groaned.

Dynamo Man was still running around the arena, desperately trying to outrun Search Man’s weapon. Search Man could hold in his amusement no longer. Both heads roared with laughter. They soon stopped when they noticed Dynamo Man was running straight to them.

Before Search Man could utter a word from either head, Dynamo Man leapt over him like a marathon runner and his hurdle, and grabbed him from behind.

“Ouch,” Rockman muttered as he and his two siblings shielded their eyes from a brilliant explosion of flames and shrapnel. “Well, there’s our winner for tonight folks,” Rock announced to the roaring crowd, “Dynamo Man!”

The Asylum’s note:

Ka-Blammo!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA ha ha ha ha ha….

-The Asylum (Chill Man)