PDA

View Full Version : That's Life!

classy_cat18
14th November 2003, 05:02 PM
It’s time for a new fic. You might notice a few things about the start of it. I know it’s shorter than the other chapters; I wanted to post this before I went home for the weekend. I’m saving the lame chapter names for Knights to Remember, which I’m still writing. Hope you enjoy this!

Chapter 1

“Leave me alone, you bad…whatever you are!” I cried as I was being chased by a stupid short human and his stupid blue thing. Blue Thing shot more water on my tail, making me roll forward a few feet and stop on my back.

The human stopped and pulled a red and white thing out of his pocket. “Good job, Mudkip! Now I can catch it!”

“They throw this red and white thing at you after you get tired. It sucks you in and makes you a slave,” my brother said one time. “Then the humans make you fight and stuff.”

This is what he meant. Well, it’s not going to happen to me! I stood up, prepared to fight back, and then got knocked back down by Blue Thing. This was it. This was my last stand.

“Pokeball, go!” the human shouted. He threw the red and white thing at me. I could only watch it hit my head and suck me in it.

Oh no, I’m gonna be a slave! I couldn’t hear or see anything. So this is what it’s like to be in a ball…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a while before I was out of that ball. The first thing I saw was another human. I didn’t know my humans, but this one was taller, so he was probably older and stronger. “This is a strong Growlithe, T.J. At least, it’s strong for its age. I would say that it was still a puppy.”

Puppy!?! I’ll show you who’s a puppy! I opened my mouth and shot fire in the human’s face, making him drop me on the floor.

“Well, he sure is…spirited,” the tall human groaned, his face black.

“Where am I? Get me out of here!” I shouted at the two humans.

The blue thing that attacked me earlier walked out from behind the short human’s legs. “What’s the matter? T.J. will make a great trainer!” it said happily.

“I don’t want a trainer! I want to go home!” I shouted angrily.

“He seems kinda angry,” the human named T.J. said.

“You’re darn right, I’m angry!” I said. “Get me back home now!”

“What are you trying to tell me, boy?” he asked me.

“Can’t he understand me?” I asked Blue Thing.

“Humans can’t understand Pokemon,” he said.

I got an idea. “So…I can say anything to him and he won’t understand a bit of it?”

“I don’t think so.”

“Good!” I put on my best “happy puppy” face, complete with drool-dripping tongue. “Hi, stupid!”

“Well, he’s looks happy now,” T.J. said.

“What a sucker! Eat my poo, sucker!” I barked happily.

“That’s not nice,” Blue Thing said to me.

“Come on, this is fun! Hey, what’s the older human’s name?”

“He’s Professor Birch.”

“Birch? You mean, like the tree?” I watched the humans complement on my “friendly interaction with Mudkip”.

“Yes.”

I smirked evilly, then put back on the “happy puppy” face, walked to Professor Birch, and relieved myself on one of his “trunks”.

“Growlithe! Bad boy!” T.J. shouted.

“What did you do?” Blue Thing asked.

“I marked my territory on the tree!” I said, wagging my tail.

“Growlithe needs training…badly,” Prof. Birch groaned.

“I think I’ll name him K-9,” T.J. babbled like the idiot he probably was.

“What kind of a name is Canine?” I asked him before remembering that he couldn’t understand me.

“Why don’t you take him outside so he can meet the other Pokemon?” Prof. Birch suggested.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“This is the reserve. Most of the Pokemon will stay here,” Blue Thing said as we walked outside.

“Then I’ll stay out here, too.”

“Don’t you want to stay inside with me and T.J.?”

I sat down and scratched behind my ear. “Hey Blue Thing, can I ask you a question?”

“Sure.”

“What color is the sky in your world?”

“It’s blue. At least, it’s blue right now. Why do you call me Blue Thing? My name’s Mudkip.”

“Mudkip makes no sense. Blue Thing does. I can call you B.T. for short.”

“Just like T.J. and K-9,” someone said from behind. Turning around, I saw a Machop standing and grinning at us. She was kinda pretty.

“K-9, this is Uppercut. I guess you can call her U.C.!” B.T. said.

I was in heaven. “Can I sniff you?” I said without thinking.

U.C. giggled. “T.J. likes to shorten all of his Pokemon’s names like his own. So I’m U.C., you’re K-9, and Mudkip’s M.K. Although B.T. sounds just fine.”

“U.C. can read and write just like a human!” B.T. said happily.

Wow, she’s smart and pretty. I wonder if she’s strong?

“I guess I can show you around until it’s time for dinner,” U.C. said to me.

“You can show me around until it’s time for the wedding,” I said dreamily, looking into her lovely eyes.

“What did you say?” U.C. asked, on the verge of laughing.

I came back to my senses. “Nothing! Absolutely nothing!” I said quickly.

Venasaur89
14th November 2003, 07:01 PM
Great! a P-P-O-V! Pokemon point of view. Great start. IS this your first fic taking a pokemon POV? Just curious, because I haven't read any of ur other fics. The whole chapter was great.

Keep it up!

mistysakura
14th November 2003, 09:41 PM
New fic! Thsi is quite a different style form what you normally do, but with more personality. Pokemon POV's are usually pretty good (the authors have to be alright to even attempt a PPOV, I guess), and I can tell this one's going to be funny. Great job.

classy_cat18
15th November 2003, 12:38 AM
Venasaur89: Thanks for the reply! Well, although the main character in my other fics is human, a few chapters have been through the eyes of Pokemon (in my first one, Reaper gets a couple of chapters). This will be a new style for me.

mistysakura: Thank you! Wait, are you trying to tell me that my other fics don't have personality? Just kidding! I kid because I love!

mr_pikachu
15th November 2003, 03:45 AM
I considered doing a PPOV once, but changed my mind when I remembered the ideas I favored more. Anyway, this is a nice chapter, but it was kind of... fast. I'm betting the pace will slow down in future chapters, or else you'll be done after eight, if that. Anyway, Growlithe seems very hyper, Mudkip (B.T.) very dedicated, and Uppercut quite jovial. Other than that, we really don't know much about the characters yet. Some character development would probably be good in the upcoming chapter, IMO. Anyway, that's my two cents, so I'll leave you to write chapter number two! See ya! :wave:

classy_cat18
19th November 2003, 11:10 PM
Chapter 2

“How big is this place?” I asked U.C. as we started walking across a huge field. There were a lot of Pokemon doing what they do. It reminded me of home, except home didn’t have so many different Pokemon. I mean, I haven’t seen anyone like B.T. before, but I’ve never strayed far from home. There were green Pokemon, purple Pokemon, striped Pokemon, spotted Pokemon…

“K-9, are you listening to me?” U.C. asked with her beautiful voice. I stopped thinking about all of the different Pokemon and concentrated on her.

“No, I was thinking of something else,” I said.

“Well, I said that it starts at that building behind us and goes past those small hills and those trees and stops at a fence. You can’t see the fence right now, but it’s way over there. You can see it to our right, though.” She pointed to a white wooden fence behind this big pond.

“So, do you like this place, K-9? I think it’s pretty,” B.T. said.

“I guess it’s pretty,” I admitted. “Do you guys live here?”

“No, we live in T.J.’s house. I don’t really like living outside.”

My eyes went wide with shock. “You’re kidding me! Are you sure you’re a Pokemon?”

“What’s wrong with living inside?”

“What’s wrong with living outside?”

“Hey K-9, let’s go see some of the other Pokemon,” U.C. interrupted.

The first Pokemon U.C. introduced to me looked kinda familiar. He was a pudgy midget with line eyes and a brown body. He had funny-looking circles on his cheeks. What was his name? Big Kahuna? Make you hate me?

“This is Sumo. He’s a Makuhita,” U.C. said.

“Oh, you’re a Makuhita.”

“Greetings to our humble home,” Sumo said warmly. He sounded friendlier than U.C.

“I wouldn’t exactly call it humble,” I told him.

Sumo walked to me and gave me one of those hugs that your mom gives you when you’re about to go away for a long time and she’s afraid that you won’t come back alive. “He praises our home! He is truly virtuous!”

“Is there something about this place that you’re not telling me?” I gasped. U.C. and B.T. shook their heads.

“He’s only like this when he’s welcoming someone,” B.T. said.

Sumo released me from his grip. “Feel free to come to me for any kind of advice!” he exclaimed happily.

“Just make sure it’s not battling tips,” U.C. said as Sumo walked away.

“Why?”

“Because he’s a pacifist.”

“What’s that?”

“He doesn’t like to fight,” B.T. said. “That’s why he’s here; his trainer didn’t want a fighting-type that didn’t like to fight, but he didn’t want to abandon him either.”

My ears drooped. “That sucks.”

“Actually, he likes it here. He gives Pokemon a lot of good advice because he says that he’s better at that than with battling.”

U.C. cleared her throat. “That’s not it, B.T. Sumo lies when he says that. It’s because he’s too strong.”

“You’re kidding!” I yelled.

She shook her head. “The first opponent that Sumo went up against was a Doduo. Do you know what that is, K-9?”

I nodded. “Yeah, it’s that weird two-headed bird.”

“Well, the Doduo was expected to win because it was a flying-type and it was at a higher level than Sumo. Sumo still won…by a landslide. The Doduo was badly injured and had to see a doctor at once. Sumo was so scared that he vowed never to fight again. I think his trainer was scared, too.”

“Okay. Who’s next?”

“Hi, U.C.!” a deep voice called from the direction of the pond. A Slowpoke was running towards us. Running! Okay, it wasn’t a fast kind of running, but running of any kind is rare among Slowpoke.

“K-9, this is Sprint,” U.C. said. “Sprint, this is K-9, our new friend.”

“Hi, K-9!” he said in a voice that was normal speed. “Tell me when you want to race!”

“Did someone put you in fast forward?” I asked.

“No, I’m as fast as day I hatched from my egg! See ya! Oh, and don’t forget that Demon’s staying here today.” He ran back to the pond and dived in.

“Who’s Demon?” I asked U.C.

“That’s Demon!” B.T. yelled, pointing to a short yellow and red Pokemon with a stupid haircut who was walking towards us. He took one look at me and smiled. It wasn’t a good smile.

“Who’s the new runt?” he asked, poking me in the chest with one of his pointy claws. That was something he was going to regret doing.

I growled and shoved my face into his. “That’s it! Puppy! Kid! Runt! Just because I’m the Puppy Pokemon doesn’t mean everyone can call me that! I’ll burn you to a crisp!” I gave him an Ember attack to show him who was boss.

I’m top dog, and now this Pokemon know why.

“So, you think you’re tough?” Demon sneered, his face not even burned.

Who is this guy? “I know I’m tough!”

“Then let’s fight!” He got into a battling position.

I shouldn’t have said that. “Why do we have to fight?”

“You must fight to prove you’re tough.”

“Who put that idea into your tiny brain?”

“My trainer!”

It would be his trainer. “Did he say that, or did you just assume he said that?”

His expression changed quickly to shock. “Well, I…you’re toast!” He shot his own Ember attack at me. I lay down and missed being burned.

“Ha! You missed!” I barked triumphantly.

Demon just chuckled. “Better check your tail, Fido.”

I looked back at my fluffy red tail. Wait a sec, my tail’s not supposed to be red! “AAHH!” I rolled around in the grass until the fire went out.

“Now who’s the tough one?” he crowed.

U.C., sweet U.C., yelled angrily and grabbed Demon by the throat. “I am, kissy face.” She drew her free arm back and punched him in the kisser. Demon must have had a long time to think about what he did as he flew backwards into the pond. “I hate that guy.”

“Wow, that was great!” I said.

“I may be friendly, but no one picks on my friends while I’m around.”

She’s so perfect. It must be fate that brought us together!

“Guys! Time to go home!” T.J. yelled from the door to the building.

Then again, maybe it was just that stupid human.

“Here boy, I got something for you,” T.J. said, pulling out something from behind his back. It was some kind of black ring with some kind of metal attached to it.

We were at his home, which was like the last building I was at, but different. Details are not important, though.

I looked at him with questioning eyes as if saying “What in the world is that?” I had to start learning how to communicate with humans on some level, no matter how frustrating it may be.

“It’s your collar, K-9. You wear this around your neck. Now everyone will know who you are, who you belong to, and where you live!”

He said that like he thinks I’m going to run away or something. Anyway, the thing looks stupid. I’m not gonna wear it. I pushed the collar away, shaking my head and frowning.

“Come on boy, it will look cool on you!” he insisted, trying to slip the collar on me. I jumped back and growled.

“I just want to make sure that if you get lost or stolen, you’ll find your way back,” he said with a worried look on his face.

Believe me, if I get lost or stolen, the last thing I’ll want is to find my way back.

B.T. sat next to his trainer with a pitiful look on his face. “Why won’t you wear it, K-9?”

“Because I don’t want to. I don’t see him trying to make you wear a collar.”

“That’s because he’s letting you stay out of your pokeball.”

That’s a surprise.

U.C. smiled. “I think you would look good in that collar. Matches your stripes.”

I instantly felt warm and fuzzy. “You really think so?” She nodded.

That’s a Pidgey of another color. I walked back to T.J. and let him put the collar on me.

“There. I have something for you too, U.C.” He pulled something red out of his clothes and tied it around U.C.’s neck. “Cool bandana, huh?”

“Yeah!” she said happily. “Let’s see what your collar says. ‘K-9, T.J. Scott, Littleroot Town’. It also has our phone number.”

I would rather have it say ‘K-9’s heart, U.C., in the palm of her hand’. It’s true, you know!

mistysakura
20th November 2003, 04:23 AM
Fun reading! It's been such a tiring day, and this has really lightened me up.
I like how you reversed the Pokemon cliches, like with fast Slowpokes and pacifist fighting Pokemon. K-('s personality (or should I say Pokemonality) is great for a main character, as the main character weirdly enough usually turns out to be the blandest character. Nice to see this fic doesn't fall into that category.
Hope some form of storyline emerges sometime, though. I can wait, but something happen already... :D

mr_pikachu
20th November 2003, 10:20 PM
Nice chapter. It looks like K-9's accepting his new home... sort of. ;) Personally, I like your other fic a tad better, but it could just be that it gave me extremely high expectations of you. Either way, this fic's pretty dang good. It's more lighthearted, which I'm not used to seeing on TPM. The only thing I can really criticize about this chapter was the occasional tense switch. Watch out for that, as always! Anyway, I've got to go check out the other fics as well. See ya later! :wave:

classy_cat18
20th November 2003, 11:13 PM
mistysakura: I'm thinking of a good storyline. Just you wait and see.

mr_pikachu: I wanted to do something more lighthearted. If you want something more serious, wait until this fic's out of the way. Anyway, I wanted to do something like Minty Thrill, only not as crazy.

classy_cat18
3rd December 2003, 01:23 AM
Chapter 3

When living with humans, I’ve learned one big thing about trained Pokemon.

“Your stupid Machop picked on my Magby!”

They are big tattletales. U.C. stood up for me and what happened? She gets squealed on! If that guy wasn’t in that videophone thingy, I would burn his face.

“I thought humans couldn’t understand Pokemon,” I said to U.C.

“They can’t. Demon must have spent an hour explaining this to Matt.”

T.J. was practically steaming. “Uppercut doesn’t just pick fights with other Pokemon! Demon must have been picking on the new guy, as usual.”

“What new Pokemon?” Matt said.

“My Growlithe, K-9!” I growled at T.J.’s idea of me being his Growlithe.

“Oh, do you have another wussy Pokemon?” Matt sneered.

“You’re calling me wussy?” I barked at the brat in the videophone. Of course he couldn’t hear what I was saying.

“Please don’t get us in trouble,” B.T. whispered at me. “If T.J. gets grounded, we won’t be able to catch a new friend tomorrow.”

Maybe I should get him in trouble. It will give a single Pokemon a chance to run free longer. I shut up anyway; that human Matt wasn’t worth it. T.J. sighed and hung up on Matt.

A tall female human (adult, perhaps) walked in the room we were in. “Is anyone hungry?”

My stomach growled. I knew I was forgetting something. I hope she has some juicy meat ready!

~~

“What in the world is this?” I grumbled as I looked at the plain looking brown stuff. It was round and dry, not very tasty looking at all.

“It’s your dinner!” B.T. said while wolfing down his food, which looked the same as mine. So did U.C.’s food.

“Just try it. It’s more delicious than it looks!” U.C. said after swallowing some of the food in her bowl.

“It’s yucky, I just know it!” I growled as I took a huge bite. It was crunchy and weird tasting, not a bit of meat in it.

“Is it alright, K-9?” T.J. asked me, eating his real meat.

“It’s gross! I should stuff this down your throat!” I said with my mouth full. I swallowed and took another bite. What’s with this stuff? I can’t stop eating it!

“Good, huh?” B.T. said.

I shrugged and took another bite. I didn’t know if the food was good or bad! I kept eating until there was no more.

“Tastes weird, doesn’t it?” U.C. said to me. “You don’t know how it tastes, but you somehow like it. You won’t like mine’s or B.T.’s though; they’re different kinds.”

“But they look the same!” I sobbed as I looked in my empty bowl.

~~

Next we watched something on the TV, which was supposed to be like a videophone, but the people on there talk to everyone. T.J. made the TV change its picture until he stopped at something with Pokemon. They were battling, but not in a field. They were in a bright place with lots of humans watching them.

“They’re making Pokemon fight!?!” I yipped angrily at T.J., who looked at me with surprise in his eyes.

“K-9, this is a Pokemon battle. They choose to fight. It’s like a game or sport to them,” U.C. said.

“What do they get if they win?” I asked in a calmer voice.

“Bragging rights, a big trophy, cash to buy food and stuff…” she started.

This is starting to sound cool. I can show everyone how tough I am. Plus the food I could get… “There sure are a lot of humans watching those Pokemon fight.”

“This must be last year’s Hoenn League. That’s where the toughest trained Pokemon battle. It’s so exciting that humans from all over the world come just to watch.”

My tail wagged quickly with anticipation. “Will we get to go there?”

“Maybe, but we’ll have to wait a while. The Hoenn League happens only once a year, and we’re months away from this year’s. But this would give us plenty of time to get stronger. But then there’s T.J.’s mom. She won’t let him go off by himself.”

“He won’t be by himself. We’ll be there with him.”

“Gee, a Growlithe, a Machop, and a Mudkip protecting a human from who knows what. That’s very comforting,” she said sarcastically. “That’s what T.J.’s mom will think if she heard that.”

My ears drooped. “So what can we do?”

“Train and hope that she’ll come around soon.” She stood up and walked out of the room. Thinking that I had nothing better to do, I got up and followed her. I went down a hallway and through an open door, finding her sitting on T.J.’s bed. She looked like she was daydreaming.

“Hey U.C., whatcha thinking about?” I asked her.

She stared down at the bed. “If I want to evolve.”

“Well, you would be stronger if you did.”

“But…I don’t know.”

“Where did T.J. catch you?”

“I’m not sure. I just woke up one day in a Pokemon Center to find him smiling at me. I don’t even remember anything before that.”

“So you don’t know where you were born? Do you remember your family?”

“I remember other humans wearing white. And lots of metal.”

“I can’t help you there.”

She looked down at me with her beautiful eyes. “Do you want to evolve?”

“Sure I do! I’ll be faster and stronger and bigger and so much cooler looking!”

“T.J. may want to ride you,” she said with a smirk.

“Okay, I take that back. Doesn’t sound right anyway.” I perked my ears to the sound of someone knocking on wood.

“Sounds like we have a guest,” U.C. said, getting off of the bed and walking back to the TV room. I followed her and saw a new human, a young human girl. Beside her sat a Vulpix. A very familiar Vulpix.

“Hello, ugly,” the Vulpix sneered at me.

His name popped up in my mind. “Wildfire! What are you doing here?” I growled furiously. That lowdown pretty boy dare show her face around here!

“You know her?” B.T. and U.C. asked me together.

“That jerk did all kinds of stuff to me when we were little! Playing with my toys then burning them to a crisp! Cheating when we raced and battled! Telling everyone about my flea problem! I knew that he had been captured!”

The human girl looked at me and giggled. “What a cute Growlithe! He and Vulpix would make the perfect playmates!”

“I would rather neuter myself than even think about being pals with you!” Wildfire said disgustedly. “Speaking of that, I hope they take the zippity out of your doo-dah soon.”

“What does he mean by that?” I asked U.C.

“He doesn’t want you to be able to help…make babies,” she murmured.

“I don’t think K-9 likes Vulpix,” T.J. said to the girl.

“Nonsense! Vulpix, go introduce yourself to K-9!”

Wildfire walked to me and put on the fakest smile I’ve had ever seen. “I hope that this pretty young Machop will come to her senses and drop you like a bad habit, you mutt.”

How dare he say that? I lost all control and tackled Wildfire to the floor. He got up and started to run to his trainer, but I grabbed him by the tails and dragged him back.

“Stop it! That hurts!” he yelped.

“What’s the matter? Can’t a purebred like you fight a mutt like me? If there’s one thing that mutts can do better than purebreds, it’s fight!” I put a paw on Wildfire’s head and rubbed down.

“Aah! I just did Vulpix’s bangs today!” the human girl cried out.

“K-9, stop that!” T.J. yelled at me.

“This is what he gets for moving in on U.C.!” I growled.

“What’s wrong with that?” U.C. demanded.

“Well, it’s just plain rude.”

“Remember what you said earlier today?”

I stopped what I was doing. “Oh boy,” I whimpered. I watched her storm back in T.J.’s room. For a few seconds, Wildfire didn’t even exist as long as I was concerned.

Wildfire got up and laughed. “Look who dumped you!”

I went back to hating Wildfire with all of my heart. “Shut up, pretty boy!” I barked.

“Make me, Mr. Uncontrollable Bladder! You remember, don’t you? When you saw your first Duskull? Your mom told you not to drink any water until you were all dry.”

“Oh dear,” B.T. said. He walked out to join U.C.

I gasped. “We promised we would never speak of that again!”

“It was an empty promise,” Wildfire said, laughing out loud.

I was about to maul him when T.J. pulled me back in my pokeball. Stupid dark, round place. Must kill Wildfire, must kill Wildfire…

Topaz
3rd December 2003, 06:05 PM
Wow, that's a way original way to go for a Pokemon fiction. I like the portrayl of K-9, such a puppy. I also love Wildfire! Ahh, so evil! Its also cool the way you have a pattern to your nicknames.

mr_pikachu
3rd December 2003, 11:00 PM
Heh, nice chapter. K-9's going back and forth on whether or not he likes being a trained Pokemon. Can't say I blame him. The characters seem to be shaping up nicely. My only complaints are the occasional tense switch, and that sometimes it's tough to tell who's speaking. Overall, though, this is working quite well. Keep up the good work! :wave:

P.S. btw, what episode is today's "Random Quote" from? ;)

DannyBoy
7th December 2003, 01:40 AM
So far I think this is a very interesting fic. I like how its in the pokemons point of view. It is interesting to see how you make the pokemon feel about everything that a person wouldn't think and that is very creative. K-9 seems really cool and I agree with Pikachu about her going back and fourth about things. I hope she does get into a big battle soon and rpove she is strong. They one thing I noticed was there is a lot of dialouge and there really isnt a lot of paragraphs or description. I think you could add a little bit more into it to make this a great fic. Keep it up!

classy_cat18
7th December 2003, 08:15 PM
mr_pikachu: I'm working on the tense issue. By the way, the last Pokemon Random Quote was from "Bye, Bye Butterfree".

IloveX-TINA: I'll improve on the description. Overall, thanks for replying to my fic!

classy_cat18
11th December 2003, 05:56 PM
Chapter 4

“Being trained sucks. I have to listen to a stupid human, be nice to his stupid friend and her stupid Pokemon, and stay in a stupid ball. I want to go home.” I stayed in my ball for who knows how long. It must’ve been long, because it was nighttime when T.J. let me back out in his room.

He looked down at me with an angry look. “K-9, what’s with you? You’re so out of control. Mom said if I can’t get you to behave, you’ll have to be released.”

That sounds like a good idea. I scratched behind my ear and yawned, showing him that I didn’t care.

He touched some object on the wall, making his room dark. “Can you at least be good tonight? You’re lucky that I let you sleep outside of your pokeball. But tomorrow you’re apologizing to Vulpix.”

“You’re crazy! There’s no way I’m apologizing to that jerk!” I barked angrily. I heard T.J.’s mother’s voice from outside the room, telling me to be quiet.

T.J. climbed in his bed, a slightly softened look on his face. “You must really hate that Vulpix. What happened, did you meet before today?”

I nodded. He might not know what I was saying, but he could really read feelings.

“Still apologize, okay? I don’t really want to lose you. You could make a great companion if I go training for the Hoenn League.” He closed his eyes and started to sleep.

I was left dumbfounded. Did he say “companion”? As in friend, buddy, pal? Does he like me that much? I’m actually speechless! I sat in the darkness, wishing that U.C. was around to talk to. I won’t apologize to Wildfire, but U.C. deserves one. There had to be someone to talk to; I couldn’t sleep!

“Hey kid, over here,” I heard someone whisper. Turning my head to the window, I saw a small Pokemon tapping on the window, which was above a table. I jumped in a chair and then on the table, granting myself a better view of the Pokemon. I identified it as Elekid, an electric Pokemon that was uncommon at my old home.

“Hi. Want anything?” I asked the Elekid.

“Yeah. Opening this window would be nice,” he said in a gruff voice.

I looked all around the window, confused again. “I don’t know how to open it.”

Elekid sighed and started pulling up on the window, finally opening it far enough to climb inside. “Guess I didn’t need your help after all. It’s hard to tell when these humans forget to lock these things.” He took a closer look at me and scratched his head. “You’re a dog, right? I mean, you have a collar and all. Aren’t you supposed to be chasing me out?”

This role of being someone’s Pokemon is confusing. “T.J. didn’t say anything about chasing anyone out, and you’re not doing anything wrong. Why should I chase you out?”

Elekid started to say something but closed his mouth. “Never mind. Do you have any food around here?” He jumped down from the desk to the floor and started to walk out of the room.

I heard T.J. stir and mumble something. “I don’t know where they keep it,” I whispered when T.J. went quiet. “Besides, can’t you find something to eat on your own?”

Elekid stopped and looked down at the floor. “Pickings are slim around these parts. You don’t have anything in your doggie bowl?”

I hesitated before jumping down, hitting the floor hard. “No, I finished all of my food.”

He turned around and gave an annoyed look. “Man, you trained Pokemon are greedy. Don’t you ever think about the starving Pokemon in Kanto?”

I was surprised by his remark. That’s what Mom used to say to me! “I’m sorry. I didn’t know you would come over tonight.”

He plopped down on the floor, defeated. “That’s what you all say. I’m going to go hungry again.”

Again!?! I know there’s some food in those woods; I saw Taillow there earlier! Unless… “Um, Elekid? Do you belong to somebody?”

I was caught by surprise as Elekid punched me. “I don’t need him! I’m free now, see? I’m just having a rough start, okay?” Tears started to stream down his face. He wiped them off and started to walk for the kitchen.

“K-9, I told you to be good tonight,” I heard T.J. say from his bed.

I ran in front of Elekid and sat down. “You ran away, didn’t you?” I said.

He curled his fist and drew it back, ready to punch me again. “Yeah! Got a problem with that?”

He doesn’t know how to take care of himself. And I thought I had it bad here. “Elekid, why did you run away?”

He dropped his fist, climbed in a chair in the living room and started to cry. “I wanted to see the world, but he kept me in that house of his. He didn’t play with me or train with me. One night I heard him say that he didn’t really need me, so I decided that I didn’t need him. But I do!”

“Why don’t you go back to him?”

“I don’t know where he is! Even if I did, he wouldn’t want me back. There’s no turning back.”

I started to whimper. Man, I hate sob stories. Makes me all teary-eyed. I better find something for him to eat before we cry the night away. I walked in the kitchen and smelled something on the table. Jumping in a chair, I saw a bowl of apples. I jumped on the table and turned the bowl over, making them drop to the floor. “Hey Elekid, I found you something to eat.”

Elekid walked in the kitchen and nearly screamed at the sight of all the apples. “Thanks, dog.” He picked up the nearest apple and started chowing down.

I watched him eat, relieved that he decided to stop crying. “My name’s K-9. Do you have a nickname?”

He stopped eating for a second. “No, just Elekid.”

An idea popped into my brain. I jumped down from the table and started barking as loud as I could. Elekid started looking around the room. “What are you doing? Do you want me to get kicked out?”

I stopped barking. “No, I want you to get caught.”

He looked at me with confused eyes. “I don’t follow you.”

“You definitely don’t know how to take care of yourself. Why don’t you stay with my trainer? He’s nice. Stupid, but nice.” I started back to barking.

Elekid gave a small smile. “Will we go places?”

I stopped barking again. “Hopefully, we will go to great places. So, do you follow me now?”

He laughed out loud. “I do now! HEY, HUMAN!”

The light in T.J.’s room came on. “K-9, don’t make me put you back in your pokeball,” he groaned as he walked to the kitchen. He took one look at Elekid and instantly dropped his jaw. “Whoa, an Elekid! In my kitchen! Let me get my pokeball!” He ran back to his room and came back with a pokeball just like mine. “Oh man, my first electric type! I can’t wait for it to evolve into an Electabuzz!”

I smiled at him. “See ya later, pal!” Elekid was hit with the pokeball and stayed there.

T.J. looked at Elekid’s ball excitedly. “I think I’ll call him Gigavolt, or G.V. for short. What do you think of that, K-9?”

I barked happily. I don’t know what a gigavolt is, but I like the sound of it! I followed T.J. back to his room and watched him climb back into bed. I lay down, finally sleepy.

T.J. looked around his room, and then looked down at me. “K-9, did you open the window and let G.V. in?”

I growled and closed my eyes. Stupid human knows I can’t open anything like that with these paws of mine.

mr_pikachu
11th December 2003, 07:55 PM
Not bad! I'm glad K-9 (ugh, I hate that name...) is finally starting to make some friends, and he was able to save a starving Pokemon in the process! But I wonder if they'll meet up with the evil trainer in the future... we finally got a tad of background about K-9, which is good. This is really starting to develop as a fic. I'm looking forward to the next chapter! :wave:

Topaz
11th December 2003, 10:16 PM
I love all these awesome characters you have, each add a new perspective to the life of a trained Pokemon. I still enjoy K9 most, simply because of all his opinions!

Snakes N' Legends
12th December 2003, 12:07 AM
I have read but never responded to this. I am like that. I have to check it out first. But this is a good fanfic. Not many people do fanfics that included a Pokemon's Point Of View. You did it exceptionally well. And the characters are interesting. I like when K-9 tried to find ways to get kicked out. He wants to return to the wild life but something is holding him back, I think.

This fanfic is just as great as A Doolittle of Pokemon and Knights to Remember. You have a great talent of writing. Keep up the good work.

mistysakura
12th December 2003, 12:38 AM
It's fantastic how K-9 develops from hating being trained to at least tolerating it, even thinking of going places with his trainer. Character development, especially in non-humans, is something that marks a good fic.
The Elekid's (not G.V. I don't like the nicknames) encounter with K.9. was a nice event. It's one of those little incidents that fics can't live without, and it's good (as I said before).

classy_cat18
16th January 2004, 01:04 AM
mr_pikachu: Don't like the name? Tough cookie!

I’m finally done with this chapter, although I’m not sure about this one. I’m trying to go somewhere with this. I’m definitely having an easier time with Knights to Remember.

EDIT: Okay, if you insist. I still had to modify this chapter a bit.

EDIT: Edited!

Chapter 5

So there I was, wondering whether I should ditch the human loser and return home. The decision would have been easier if I had known where home was. I have no sense of time when I’m stuck in a pokeball. I had a few reasons why staying would have been better. The fact that I was completely lost was one of them.

“Hey K-9!”

Another reason just yelled in my ear. Uppercut, the goddess of fighting fury, the princess of punches, the queen of clotheslines…

“K-9, time to wake up!” she said louder. I finally woke up and trudged over to the kitchen where Gigavolt and B.T. were already eating.

“Good morning,” I said as brightly as I could (which was just plain pathetic). Gigavolt was too busy stuffing his face to say anything. Good thing, too; the guy would’ve sprayed half-chewed food in my face.

“K-9, guess what? Mom’s finally let us start getting ready for the Johto League! Isn’t that great?” T.J. said from the table.

Is that great? Human, angels have descended from heaven and decorated my neck with fresh cut flowers! I can hear them singing to me! Unable to contain my excitement, I threw my head back and howled.

“Guess you’re really excited. We’re starting tomorrow.”

I stuck my head in my food dish and started eating. Oh man! I have to apologize to Wildfire today! There goes my day.

~~~~~~~~~~

We walked outside to the warm sunshine, the perfect refresher for a fire-type like me. Gigavolt, on the other hand, looked very sleepy. I get like that when I eat a lot, too. But he kinda went overboard when he ate Uppercut’s leftovers. “Man, I need a Pepto Bismol,” he moaned.

“What’s that?” I asked him.

He plopped on the grass. “Never mind. Hey, who’s that?” He pointed to a human girl and her Pokemon.

There goes the neighborhood. “Word of advice, pal of mine: don’t do anything. Don’t say anything, don’t do anything, and don’t go anywhere.”

“Gotcha.” He sat and watched Wildfire and his trainer walk to T.J. Wildfire looked up at his trainer with an innocent smile on his face.

“Hi, T.J. Is your Growlithe acting better this morning?” the girl asked T.J.

T.J. looked up at me. I copied Wildfire’s look. “Yeah, he’s just fine today. He wants to apologize to Vulpix, don’t you?” He looked at me with a “you better” look.

“I’m sorry,” I muttered to Wildfire. I could’ve said anything to him; T.J. wouldn’t have understood what I said. But it looks like I’ll have to swallow my pride if I want to make it through today.

“Of course you are,” Wildfire said smugly.

Must…not…rip throat out.

Gigavolt stepped between me and Wildfire. “I’m sensing a little uneasiness between the two of you, which is probably common for you canines. I’m Gigavolt, but I guess you can call me Volt for short. What’s your name?” He held out a hand.

Wildfire merely snorted. “It seems that this whole team is full of helpless children. Is the Machop capable of changing diapers?” He threw back his head and gave a yiplike laugh.

“Told you not to do anything,” I whispered to Gigavolt.

“I should’ve listened to you. Yeesh, this guy laughs like one of those evil ladies on TV. No wonder he gets on your nerves.”

“Why don’t K-9 and Wildfire battle?” the girl said.

“Why not? Hey boy, wanna battle Vulpix?” T.J. asked me.

This is too good to be true. I put on a doggy smile and wagged my tail. After T.J.’s back was turned, I snickered at Wildfire. “Prepare to suffer.”

“Alright, let’s go to the practice field!” he started to walk down the street. Not really knowing exactly where this field was, Gigavolt and I followed the others.

“Okay, so it’s one-on-one?” the girl whose name just happens to be Julie asked.

T.J. nodded and motioned for me to take my place in the practice field. This is smaller than the one that I saw on T.V. Then again, it’s just practice. I stepped forward, but immediately got stopped by Gigavolt. “What’s the matter?”

He shifted uneasily from foot to foot. “K-9, are you sure you wanna battle this guy?”

I faced him and pushed my face in his. “Wildfire’s been bouncing on my last nerve since we were born. Of course I want to battle him! I gotta show him who’s top dog!”

“Come on, K-9!” T.J. said impatiently.

“Stat wise, you should be stronger. Are you happy now?” He started hopping around like crazy.

“What is your problem?”

He switched to rocking back and forth. “I’ve seen battles between your and Wildfire’s kind. You’ll go all day if you have to. You have to stop the madness before it starts!”

He’s either very eager to battle or desperate to use it. “Dude, it’s a battle, not a war. Nothing is gonna keep me from fighting this guy!”

SQUAWWK!!!

“DODRIO!!!” Uppercut and B.T. yelled out.

I turned around and saw a weird three-headed bird running our way. “Except that.” I shot an Ember attack toward the bird, only to have it dodged. Wildfire tried the same thing and got the same result. “What is a Dodrio doing here!?!”

The Dodrio stopped in its tracks, all three heads ticked off at the two dogs that attacked them. “Charge!” the heads said in unison.

“But you just got finished doing that!” I yelled while running away. Gigavolt wasn’t with us; he probably took off the second he saw that thing.

He went back to running towards us. T.J. and Julie stood in the Dodrio’s path in a lame attempt to shield us. Did you know that humans have almost zero defense? I found that out as I looked back and saw the two get knocked down and almost trampled. B.T. was next, and we were approaching a fence.

“CHARGE!” the Dodrio squawked even louder.

“But you’re doing that now!” I yelled. “Guys, keep running! I’m going to slow Dodrio down!” I skidded to a halt and faced the triple-headed bird. Dodrio also stopped.

They continued and eventually dove into some bushes. “Now back to us. Man, you are one slow Dodrio. I’ve seen much faster Dodrio where I come from.”

“CHARGE!” it squawked again.

“Yeah, I got that the first time. Why are you charging us?”

They started chuckling. “Because we don’t have any money!”

My jaw dropped. That’s when I looked at its faces. Its eyes had an ignorant yet blissful look. “Are you drunk?” See, most humans don’t think that’s possible out in the wild. But I knew of some berries that made you drunk if you ate too much. It made children drunk if they ate them at all.

“We took a wee nip of the creature,” the center head hiccupped.

“A wee nip!?! Dodrio, you bit the poor thing in half!”

Dodrio stumbled around, its heads almost tangling themselves from looking at all different directions. “Which way did it go?”

“Um, that way?” I pointed in the direction Dodrio came from.

“Thanks a lot!” the heads said together as it started to stumble in the opposite direction. But having three brains makes it hard to go anywhere, and it ended up kissing the canvas.

Okay, that was the most pointless moment ever. Will I have more like this? Where did this Dodrio come from anyway?

The other Pokemon including Gigavolt walked out of the bushes. Wildfire was shaking his paws, wearing a disgusted look on his face. “Eww! What did I step in?” he shouted.

“Sorry!” Gigavolt said, blushing.

I laughed out loud. “What goes around comes around! You know what that’s called? Bad karma, that’s what!”

“Isn’t that true?” Wildfire said, smiling wickedly as he walked up to me. “Why don’t you have some?” He smudged some of Gigavolt’s – business – on my nose. I growled and prepared to tackle him when Gigavolt pulled me away from here.

“Um, buddy? Save it for the League. Besides, I have to get him now for that comment he made earlier,” he said. He checked to make sure the humans were still out and started winding up his arm. When he was done, he grabbed Wildfire by the scruff of its neck and turned him around so that they were facing each other. “Payback time, foxy!” He drew his charged up arm back and punched Wildfire as hard as he could. For what seemed like hours, Wildfire was flying like the Fearow jerk he was before landing face first in what looked like someone else’s business.

I cautiously walked over to the Dodrio and poked it with my paw. The head on the right opened an eye and rolled it back. “Nighty night, doggy,” it said, and closed it again.

That’s right. Stay here and sleep it off.

“Is it dead?” B.T. asked me softly.

“Yeah, dead drunk.”

Uppercut stood between us. “That’s the third time that something like this happened. This has got to stop!” She pounded a fist in the ground.

“This has happened before?” I asked her. “What’s causing this? Dodrio come from the Safari Zone where I was born, not here.”

“They made this big capture park between here and Oldale,” she explained. “Somehow Pokemon started busting out of there and trashing this place. But they were always sober; no one knows why they’re doing this.”

“It’s because it’s too small. I keep telling them that, but you know our language.” I sighed heavily as the humans started to stir. “I wonder where my siblings are. They’re probably in someone’s pokeball now.” My ears perked to the sound of humans yelling; they were getting closer. “Let’s hide behind the bushes again.”

Two more humans came behind the park, heading straight for Dodrio. They were clothed in black clothes. “Dude, I told you not to feed that bird beer,” one of them said.

“Yeah, but you still owe me twenty bucks. Now let’s tow this thing back to the boss,” the other one said as he took out a black pokeball and returned Dodrio. Turning around, they noticed T.J. and Julie, who were now recovering from their possible near-death experience. “What should we do with these two?”

“Nothing, if you value your lives!” Uppercut yelled out. She sprung out of the bushes and charged at them at full speed, too fast for any of us to stop her.

I stepped out of the bushes and spit a small fireball, hitting the human on my right. The humans could only panic and roll around on the ground stupidly as their clothes caught fire. When the fire was put out, they ran away.

“Are you okay?” I asked her as I ran to her. I looked in her tearful eyes, full of fear and anger. She raised an arm and…

“You stupid jerk!” she yelled out as she slapped me. My brain burned as hot as my cheek as it searched for a reason why she did that.

“What did you do that for? I saved you!” I yelled angrily.

“I didn’t need to be saved!” She took off in the direction as the two humans, leaving me in a stupor.

Oh man, is my head spinning! “What…just…happened?” I said slowly, almost feeling tears in my eyes.

Gigavolt casually walked up and scratched me behind the ears. “That’s the thing with strong females: they don’t like guys saving them. I should know: my old trainer used to make me watch a lot of shows with stuff like this.”

“What should I do?”

“Find someone else. It’s a lot less painful that way.”

It was like a shot through the heart. “But…I don’t want someone else!”

“You could always apologize to her, but it’s going to be tough. Hey, where are you going?”

I was running out of the practice field. “I’m going to apologize to her. Are you coming or not?”

“I’m coming! Don’t leave me!”

DannyBoy
16th January 2004, 03:53 PM
That was a good chapter. The whole part about some berries making pokemon drunk was great! Never heard that before so it was good. You do good giving the pokemon human characteristics. They have the same conflicts and probloms which is cool. Keep it up!

mr_pikachu
16th January 2004, 07:07 PM
THIS POST HAS BEEN DELETED BECAUSE OF ITS AUTHOR'S INCREDIBLE STUPIDITY IN CREATING IT. THANK YOU.

classy_cat18
16th January 2004, 08:42 PM
That's it! I'm starting over from scratch! Just get rid of that nomination for Best Comedy b/c it's just not working for me!

mr_pikachu
16th January 2004, 11:41 PM
Oh no... what have I done?

Please, don't throw this out. I've been too harsh lately, and other members have even contacted me saying that I should tone it down. Your characters are excellent, and the plot was original from the start. It's just been slowing down lately. That's okay, though, really. You're doing a great job, and I've been a real idiot. I'm sorry, classy_cat. In fact, heck, I'll say it right now. I'm sorry to the entire forum, because I've probably offended a bunch of people who just haven't said anything. God, I feel like an ***hole right now. I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't throw out something you've worked hard on, just because one stupid jerk doesn't like something about it. Just... I dunno. Just forget about my last post, okay? I was an idiot, and I can't apologize enough. I'm sorry.

Snakes N' Legends
17th January 2004, 01:17 PM
classy_cat18, don't give up so easily. Even the greatest writers probably had troubling when it came to writing. You think Shakespeare came up with Romeo and Juliet that easily? I bet he had some issues when he wrote that play. You think that J.K Rowling and J.R.R Tolkin had no problems when it came to writing the Harry Potter and the Lord of the Ring Series (along with his other books)? All authors and writers go through this. I am doing the same. You are a great writer just like Citrus Crush Chikorita, OzAndrew, Mist, Silver Machop, Gavin Luper and Venasaur89. (I would have put myself in their but I figured that would make me a tid bit big headed.)

mistysakura
18th January 2004, 07:29 AM
Okay, persuasion first, comments later.
I fully refuse to get rid of the nomination. Firstly, I nominated it, and you're not going to ruin my judgement. Second, people have already voted for it. Third, quitting doesn't make you ineligible anyway. Fourth, and most importantly, IT'S GOOD.

I don't know how it's "not working for you"; it doesn't show in the fic at all, so I'm afraid I can't help you much. But all I can say is, if it's not working, take a break and look at it again in a week or so. Maybe you'll be able to get back to it. If that doesn't work, try it again the week after. And the week after that. If it worked fine when you started, there should be some way it can work eventually. (I'm giving really bad advice here, because I quitted SS myself becuase it "didn't work", so feel free to ignore.)

The main point is that you should never fully quit a fic; from your post, I gather that you might be redoing it; go and do that if you want to. But don't totally forget that this fic ever existed.

Okay, comments time. I think that this fic really helps relieve the "stress" from more serious fics like WDC. I've never heard of drunk Pokemon before -- original. The whole incident was amusing and fun, but the bit explaining where the dodrio came from also added a bit of seriousness. It was a good effect. As IloveX-TINA said, the pokemon personalities are fantasic. I'm struggling as to whether to give criticism, but you probably won't believe me if I don't so I'll just say that the events in the fic don't seem connected enough, but that's just minor.

Keep it up; it's usually just a phrase to end my post, no offense to everyone else I reply to, but this time I really mean it.

classy_cat18
19th January 2004, 12:56 AM
I decided not to start over...not yet, at least. I'm still going to edit that chapter.

DannyBoy
20th January 2004, 03:28 PM
That was better but the other was still good. I am glad you left the drunk part in! I love that for some strange odd unknown reason. Also the end was cool witht he two talking about strong females. The length was real good. Keep it up! I really hope you keep up with this story. It is deifferent and I like it.

Snakes N' Legends
20th January 2004, 07:00 PM
The edited chapter is much better than the last one. Still, you have so much talent and you shouldn't get frustrated. Team Rocket is finally involved or are they? It seems like that. I like the whole conflict with Upper Cut and K-9 not to mention the rivalry between K-9 and Wildfire.

classy_cat18
1st March 2004, 10:19 PM
Alright! I'm finally finished!

Chapter 6

“Whoa, wait up!” Gigavolt shouted as he struggled to keep up.

I stopped and sniffed the ground again, catching Uppercut’s scent. “Did she have to run off like that?” I asked Gigavolt when he caught up. “So I upset her. That slap was all she needed.”

He plopped on the ground, his chest heaving. “She needs some time alone. Let’s give her some time so she won’t decide to sock me!”

“But we’re so close!” I started to follow Uppercut’s trail at a slower pace so Gigavolt wouldn’t complain so much, but I didn’t even take three steps before I found Uppercut sitting against a tree, muttering to herself. I went up to her and opened her mouth to say something, but she beat me to it.

“Leave me alone! I don’t need some guy to look after me!” she yelled angrily.

“We were looking for you! You know, to apologize,” I said.

“He was looking for you. I was just tagging along; I have nothing to apologize for,” Gigavolt corrected.

Uppercut snorted and turned her back to me. “You had no right to jump in like that! I could take on those guys easily!”

My ears drooped. “I just thought you could’ve used some help, that’s all.”

“Well, I didn’t need help!”

Love is painful. Maybe I should keep my nose out of it for now. I walked around Uppercut and looked into her eyes. “Look, is there anything I can do to make you stop being mad? You could punch me or something.”

Gigavolt slapped his forehead. “Don’t give her that option!”

Uppercut balled up a fist and relaxed it. “No, I accept your apology. Just let me fight my own battles unless I say I need help. Now let’s go find those humans in black!”

I turned around and started to walk back to the practice field. “Okay – what!?! Why should we go after those humans?”

Her voice became angry again. “Because they’re messing with those Pokemon! We have to stop them!” She broke into a run, heading towards the town limits. Gigavolt and I looked at each other and ran after her. She stopped at some kind of truck. We followed her into some bushes and watched the two humans in black jump out of the back of the truck and walk to the front. “There’s something in there. Gigavolt, do you think you can stall them?”

“I can try a sneak attack,” he suggested. He ran out the bushes while Uppercut and I stayed. A few seconds later, my ears rang with the sound of humans shrieking like scared Fearow. Unfortunately, another sound came from the truck that Uppercut didn’t like.

“They’re driving off!” she yelled. She and I sprang from the bushes and ran to the speeding truck. Uppercut was too slow to make it, but I was able to speed up and jump into the back of the truck. A pokeball like the one that the humans used to contain Dodrio rolled out the truck and onto the ground. I stuck my head out and watched the shrinking form of Uppercut, my chest heaving from near exhaustion. Between breaths, however, I heard someone else breathe. I turned around and looked in the dark corners, seeing a shadowy figure.

Out stepped a Granbull, a powerful pooch in purple. Strangely, he wore a shirt that reminded me of the humans that were driving the truck. He also wore a hat like the humans and a spiked collar. He growled and marched up to me on its four legs, its mouth dripping with drool. “Whatcha doin’ back here, puppy?” he said in a rumbling voice.

I lay down with my ears drooping, trying to show him that I meant no harm. “Umm…hitchhiking?” I laughed nervously.

He stepped closer and rose on his two legs. “Ain’t no hitchhiking on this here truck. I’m gonna hafta throw ya out.” He picked me up by the collar and held me over the moving ground.

I started to squirm and then stopped in fear that he might drop me because of that. “Wait, can’t you just drop me off at the next stop?”

Granbull looked up as if it was in thought. Yeah, right. “You’ll squeal!”

I mock gasped. “I never squeal! Where I come from, squealing got your nose dunked in Tauros dung!”

He didn’t seem to be convinced. “Roll when ya hit the ground, okay?”

I looked down at the ground again and felt a whimper rise in my throat. “You don’t want to drop me. It would be murder on your conscience.”

“Scruffy don’t have no conscience,” he growled as his grip on the collar loosened.

My terror turned to amusement. “Who’s Scruffy?”

He pushed his face close to mine, our noses touching. “I’m Scruffy!”

I felt relief as my paws slightly touched the inside of the truck for a second. “Your name is Scruffy? Who named you that?”

“Scruffy’s trainer.”

“Who is?”

His eyes looked down. “Tina.”

I tried so hard not to laugh. “Does Tina work with the humans in black?” He shook his head. “Where is she?”

Scruffy’s eyes softened and eventually got teary. “Scruffy don’t knoooooow!” He gave a long howl. Out of sympathy (and instinct), I howled with them.

“Quiet back there, you!” one of the humans shouted from the front.

“Why are you here, then?” I asked Scruffy.

“Scruffy got stolen by the humans a few days ago. Humans say if Scruffy don’t do his job, they’ll throw Scruffy in the ocean.” He set me down and sat in front of me.

I growled at the thought of such cruelty. “That’s mean! You should go tell someone!”

He reached back and pulled on a metal chain that was attached to his collar. “Scruffy’s chained.”

“Oh, so you can’t go anywhere. I guess I’m not, either.” I looked outside. The truck seemed to have no signs of slowing down. “Where’s this truck going, anyway?”

“Scruffy don’t know.”

My ears perked at the sound of something loud and annoying. What’s more was that it was getting closer. I stared at the horizon until something rose from it. I didn’t know what it was, but it had two wheels and plenty of metal or whatever attached to it. It was catching up to us pretty quickly. As it got quicker, it looked like a female human with blue hair was riding it. A different two wheeled vehicle appeared, this one carrying a female human with yellow hair.

“It’s the cops!” the humans yelled in fear.

“It’s Tina!” Scruffy cried happily, barking as loud as he could. The yellow haired human waved to us and sped to one side of the truck while the blue haired human went to the other side. Some shouting started, and the truck finally slowed down and stopped. Relieved to finally see the ground stop moving, I jumped out of the truck, forgetting that Scruffy couldn’t get out. A few seconds later, however, Scruffy jumped out with the chain still attached to the collar. There just wasn’t anything attached to the other end.

“Wait. I thought you couldn’t get out. Did you know you could break that chain?”

“Scruffy didn’t know.”

I slapped my forehead. “Scruffy doesn’t know his own strength.”

Tina ran to Scruffy and scooped him up in his arms. “Did Scruffy miss his trainer?”

“Scruffy missed his trainer so much!” he cried, licking her cheek. I turned my back to them and made a gagging sound. “Scruffy heard that, puppy!”

“The puppy’s name is K-9,” I said.

Tina set Scruffy down and walked to me. “And who is this handsome doggy?” She looked at the dog tag. “So you come from Littleroot. I can give you a ride.” She picked me up and put me in a little basket that was attached to the vehicle and sped off towards home.

“Where were you, K-9?” T.J. asked me, clearly upset. We were in T.J.’s yard. “First I find Uppercut and Gigavolt outside the town, and then some lady arrives in a motorcycle with you? Were you chasing a Skitty or something?”

I rolled my eyes. Those furballs aren’t worth chasing for more than ten minutes.

“Don’t make me put you in your pokeball.”

“Oh no, not the pokeball,” I said with sarcasm in my voice. “So, how did the cops know what was going on?” I asked Uppercut.

“Well, that pokeball that rolled out of the truck contained that drunken Dodrio. We took him and his pokeball to the cop and showed her where we found it. She immediately got her motorcycle and went to find the truck.”

“That’s cool. So what else are we doing today?”

Uppercut pulled me over and whispered in my ear. “Something’s wrong with B.T. For some reason, he…he…”

“He sucks,” Gigavolt whispered in my other ear.

“You mean I got captured by a loser!?!” I said a little too loudly. “I knew it! That guy has almost no personality. So, what are we going to do with him?”

“Dump him off at Prof. Birch’s and say that we’ll come for him later,” Uppercut said.

“How does B.T. feel about this?”

“Just fine. He said he’ll get homesick anyway.”

“I’m sorry to hear that.” Yes!

"You won't like this part," Gigavolt muttered.

"What's that?"

"T.J.'s trading him for Wildfire."

"Okay." Nooooooooo!

mr_pikachu
1st March 2004, 10:34 PM
Oh, no. If there's one thing I've learned over the duration of this fic, it's that K-9 and Wildfire don't mix. There's gonna be some fighting going on pretty soon... *takes a seat* Popcorn, anyone? ;)

Heh, so K-9 made Scruffy cry? Mean K-9! And just because Scruffy was going to throw him off the back of a truck. Making Scruffy cry was uncalled for! :rolleyes: So, the Rockets were caught... I assume... and K-9's back home. But B.T.'s gonna be traded for Wildfire... can you say disaster?

Well, this was good. I'm glad you've started this back up, and I'm looking forward to the impending chaos of Chapter 7! Party on! :wave:

mistysakura
2nd March 2004, 04:38 AM
Good one. A bit of a filler, but the last bit was sure important. This spells disaster... doesn't T.J. know they hate each other? :rolleyes: Scruffy's lines are funny! Pity it seems he's not going to come back in this fic, though.

Yay, something exciting's happening! It would be cool if a more substantial plot started to form, though.

DannyBoy
2nd March 2004, 02:12 PM
I liked this chapter! Always good to see new chapters. That was good, especially the end. The emotion that is going on seems to be a lot like confusion, like why. Mr.Pika already said but it was mean of K-9 to make Scruffy cry. Not nice at all. AGain good. Keep it up!

classy_cat18
2nd March 2004, 04:31 PM
mistysakura: Well, who said that Scruffy was a one-time-only character? Anyway, I'll let them start their journey on the next chapter.

ImmortalDreams: I wish you would give me a heads up when you changed your name. But K-9 didn't mean to be mean, didn't you?
K-9: His name was Scruffy for crying out loud!

mr_pikachu: I thought I needed something very interesting to end the chapter. Plus I needed to make something up so Team Rocket would get caught in some way.