PDA

View Full Version : Lessons to be Taught

DannyBoy
17th February 2004, 11:48 PM
All I have to say is...yea.

Lessons to be Taught

Chapter one: Beginnings

You are nothing! Get out of my house! a man screamed loudly. A woman began to cry as she lay on the floor with one of her hands covering her face. Daddy stop it! a little girl ran in screaming. The man swung his hand and smashed it into the little girls face. She fell to the floor in tears as she began to shake violently. Daddy! Why? Why? Please daddy, let us be! she cried out. Dont you ever raise your voice to me you worthless mistake! he shouted as he took off his brown leather belt. DADDY! she screamed as he whipped her delicate back. Slash marks appeared on he white shirt as blood fell.

The girls mind began to become numb with fear. Her body torn and reckoned from her evil father. Her mother jumped up and shoved hi away from her and dove on top of her daughters body to protect her. Leave her alone John and leave! she screamed with runny mascara. Get off of her Pam! he shouted as he moved back over and began to smack his wife. DADDY! DADDY! DADDY! STOP HURTING MOMMY! the little girl screamed as her mothers blood and tears fell on her.

Pam cried in pain knowing her daughter will be scared for life. John grabbed his wife and threw her against the brown wood table causing blood to fly all over. The girl helpless, unaided, petrified, wounded, vulnerable, and horrified on the blood covered floor began to scream. He picked her up by her small blood covered leg and spit on her face. You are filth and nothing more! I hope you die and rot in hell oh help me god! Now get out of here you mistake! he shouted as he dropped her on her back.

She screamed in pain as her mom limped over as fast as she could. She helped her daughter up and brought her out of the room. They walked up a dark staircase and up into a dim lighted room. Her mother placed her on the fresh covered white bed and began to take off her daughters shirt. She tossed the short on the floor and left the room.

She walked into a small bathroom in the room and got some bandages from a small shelf above the sink. She walked back into the room and seen her daughter sleeping softly. She walked over and placed the bandages on her back. The girl awoke and began to cry. Its going to be alright baby doll. One day we will leave this place and go somewhere better, she said to her daughter as she got up and walked over to a small brown dresser. She took out a long white shirt and walked back over to her daughters side. She took off her daughters jeans and placed them on the cold hard wood floor. She then put the long pajama like shirt on her daughter.

Mommy, why does daddy hurt us and not James? she quietly asked. I dont know baby, I dont know, she replied as she hugged her daughter softly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to Viridian City, please watch your step as you leave the bus. All trainers from Bento proceed to the Pokemon Center which is right ahead. There you can go meet some other trainers and receive further instructions on what to do. All tourists go where ever you like and enjoy your time here. Thank you for traveling on Poke Blue Bus and have a wonderful stay! a woman announced through a little microphone.

Passengers of all shapes, sizes, hair colors, skin colors, and personalitys exited the bus. A young girl around 15 exited last on the bus. She had light brown hair, dark green eyes, roughly 5 foot five, white tank top, low rise blue jeans, white nap sack, and white sneakers. Her face glowed with determination and her smile was bright.

She looked around at the gloomy day and continued smiling. She started to walk around on the grey sidewalk down to the Pokemon Center. She looked in front of her and saw the enormous red and white pokeball perched on the large white structure and was astonished. She continued to look around as people from all different directions ran around like crazy Tauros on a hot evening. The girl excused her way through the crowd and entered the Center.

Lights shined down from the high ceiling as people rushed around and met new people. The girl walked around and could only see the heads of people. She inched her way over to the side and found an empty green chair. The lightly brown haired girl dashed for it and sat down. Her head moved from side to side to see if there was anyone else besides trainers around.

Hi, a male voiced exclaimed. She turned her head and seen a young man around 15 with black hair, light eyes, about five foot ten, red tee, black jeans, a black nap sack, and black sneakers walked up to her.

Hi, she responded. He looked down at her and asked, Whats your name? She blushed and responded, My name is Becka, what is yours? My name is Conner and nice to meet you Becka, he answered as he extended his arm. The two shaked hands and smiled.

Becka and Conner talked for a while when they were interrupted by a loud noise. Attention everyone, may I have your attention please. Thank you, now you are all wondering what you are doing here, right? Well for all who already have a pokemon, you can leave, for all who dont, please come up to the front and receive a free pokemon for your travels. But before that, I have one last thing. This years competition is different.

After you receive your badge from the gym leader, he will give you a map of the area with an X in a specific area. You will use the map to find the item. What is the item you ask; well it is a puzzle piece that will be a part of seven others. Once all eight are combined, you will have a map to the new improved Kanto Championship Arena. Ok, so for all who dont have a pokemon, come up the desk in three straight lines. For the rest of you, good luck and hope to see you at the finals, a female voice announced.

Wow, thats a lot. So, I have to go get a pokemon but do you want to travel with me? Conner asked politely. Becka nodded her head and responded, I will be outside waiting, hope you get a good one. Thanks, he said as he went off and got in a line.

Becka slowly walked out the glass doors and walked over and leaned on the white siding of the Center. She grinned happily knowing she wont have to travel alone. Becka looked up into the dark and grey sky and watched the dirty looking clouds float by. Then thought about her family she ran away from in Bento. She knew she couldnt take the pressure of her fathers yelling and her mothers crying. She couldnt take the pressure of failing. A small wet tear dripped from her eye as she quickly wiped it away.

Hey, youre still here! he shouted happily. He walked over and smiled at her. I told you I would. So what pokemon you get? she curiously asked. He reached in his pocket and took out a small red and white sphere and said, Well, how about a battle? Becka grinned and said, Fine.

They both walked over to a grassy area by the Center where little to no people we were. Becka stopped and grabbed the red and white ball from her pocket. She tossed the sphere in the air and a bright light shined from the ball. A small green pokemon with spots and a tiny horn on its head came crawling out. Nidoran! it barked as it stretched out.

Wow, a Nidoran female, well lets see how strong it is against my pokemon! Conner exclaimed as he tossed his pokeball in the air. A bright flash of light came out as a small brown monkey came bouncing out. Mankey! it shouted as it bounced up and down.

Wow, looks like you have a hyper monkey! Now lets go Nidoran! Use tackle! she shouted loudly as she pointed at the psycho monkey. Nido, Nido, her trusty pokemon yelped. Mankey use your tackle attack to! Conner shouted. Mankey jumped up and down shouting, Key! Mankey!

The wild monkey dashed forward at the small poison pokemon. Nidoran also ran forward at the tan colored opponent. The two collided causing them to be shoved back into the grass. They quickly jumped back up and were ready to go at it again.

Great, now use poison sting! Becka exclaimed. Ran Nido! it shouted as its horn began to glow. Use leer! Conner cried out. Key! it shouted.

Mankey began to scream loudly causing people all around to cover their ears. Nidoran started to flinch a little but its small horn continued to glow. The horn stopped glowing and five sharp poison needles shot out from the center. The needles flew across the grass and stabbed Mankey in stomach. Mankey stopped screaming and began to moan in pain. It ripped the needles out causing some specs of blood to fall to the grass. Key! it cried out loudly. Its body began to shake as it fell to the ground.

Buthow? he asked. Becka felt bad and replied, Sorry, I should have told you that u been training Nidoran for a few weeks now. He recalled Mankey and placed the pokeball back in his pocket. Becka went up and hugged her pokemon and returned it back to its warm pokeball.

You will become strong, it just takes time. I used to lose battles all the time but now I can win. Trust me, you will get better, she smiled happily. Thanks, I guess I have to get batter and calm Mankey down a bit, he laughed and then began to say, I think we should get going. Everyone is now long gone and we should go to Viridian Forest and train. Becka shaked her head and then began to walk down the light green grass and onto the grey cement.

You see the sign up ahead? That is right by the entrance to the forest, it is very close to the Pokemon Center for people who go train and battle in there. I love it because of all the bug pokemon. I hope to catch at least one, he smiled. Sounds fun cant wait to get there, she replied back.

After a few minutes of so, they reached a large sigh pointing north to a large forest. The trees looked as if could reach the sky and the plants were magical looking. Becka couldnt believe what she was seeing. Lets go! he laughed happily. They continued walking into the mysterious forest to find pokemon and people all over. But it soon began to get quite as the time began to pass. It began to get even darker as the little sun dispatched.

They walked over to a large tree and found a nice dirt area. They both placed their bags down and knelt on the earth. Becka reached into her bag and took out a small flash light and all red sleeping bag. She rolled it out on the ground and crept in it with her flash light. Conner did the same but had a small lantern and black sleeping bag. He crept in his bag and then took out a lighter from his bag. You smoke? she asked with shock. Oh, no, this is for the lantern, he quickly replied with a grin. Oh, I was going to say thats bad but its for a good thing, she smiled back. He lighted the lantern and a bright glow poured into their area. They talked for a while and soon fell fast asleep in the dark forest.

mistysakura
18th February 2004, 02:53 AM
Shocking stuff (no, not in the bad sense of "shocking"). The start really added to the chapter; it would have been a bit plain without it. That was fantastic. The rest of it was okay; the emotions could have been explored more, like in the first bit. It seemed a bit strange that Becka just agreed to go with Conner, but hey, that's what happens in trainer fics, so bleh. I think that the start wasn't just there for nothing; there must be some sort of connection to the plot. Suspense...

Captain Pringle
18th February 2004, 03:59 AM
Yes, very very nice hook. And even better because you didn't immediately refer to the incident afterwards. We just know it's lingering in her memories (assuming Becka was the little girl in the intro), and it leaves of wondering what effect the incident has on her still. Definite potential here! :)

DannyBoy
18th February 2004, 04:45 PM
0.0 Wow, I actually got replies after my leave. Well this does mean a lot to me and made my day.

Mistysakura: Thanks, the thing is, the beginning wasn't planned for the beginning of this chapter. I had it more towards the next chapter. I am glad I put it in. So I figured this will be a story within a story. The beginning part tells the tale of little Becka and growing up with her scared mother and abusive father. I try and make that part the best because it hits so close to home with me because of my father. I hope I don't let you down. Also, you are right, the begininng does have something to do witht he plot. Most everything will be explain around chapter three and four.

CaptainPringle: Hey! Thanks for reading! Yes, Becka is the little girl. Again thanks, always good to get a review from a good writer.

Well thanks you guys! I won't post the next chapter for a bit so I don't have to leave you all waiting and waiting for the third chapter which is underway. But if you still want to replies, it would be greatly apprecheated. Thank you again, you restored my feelings about this. Thank you!:yes:

Powarun
18th February 2004, 06:42 PM
This first chapter was, saddening, I heard of of child abuse but never read anything that sad at the start of the chapter. That was a lot of charactization right there, and Brecka is hopefullly able to cope with it. And it is pretty neat that you are able to incoperate the real world into a trainer fic, with peer pressure to smoke, although you may say that statemetn wasn't to ask if she wanted to smole, I think it could just be a bit of for shadowing, keep up the good work.

mr_pikachu
18th February 2004, 11:51 PM
Not bad. The beginning was great; it really put some instant depth into the fic. Also, it allowed you to quickly set this trainer fic apart from the rest. Just remember to build on that, so this doesn't become a garden variety trainer fic.

There was a lot of action in there, but description could have been expanded on. Try not to make the description so direct; use it in indirect statements. Instead of "He had black hair and blue eyes," try "He brushed the pitch-black hair out of his eyes as he took a seat. As he leaned back, he gazed into the sky, allowing the sun to reflect off his azure eyes." You see how that's better? It keeps the reader interested, instead of simply listing facts. Action-description is almost always better than listing. :yes:

Anyway, this was good work (especially the beginning). Again, don't let this slip into a standard trainer fic, because it has real potential. Go for it! I'll see you next chapter! :wave:

P.S. You might want to change the title, since "Lesson's" shouldn't have an apostrophe. :P

P.P.S. Wow. You can relate to that? I'm sorry... um... I don't really know what to say... You must have been strong-willed to make it through something like that. That must've taken real courage.

DannyBoy
19th February 2004, 01:44 PM
Powarn: Hi! Thanks for reading! This will be a sad fic but I will try to not make it one big sobbing depressing story. You will learn more about Becka as it progresses and in the next chapter really shows some emotion with her. Thanks again, hope you continue to like it.

Mr.Pikachu: Thanks! I really try to forget about that, it was a long time ago but making it into a fic really shows what it can be like with abusive father. Also, I am going to go through Chapter 2 and make sure I changed some of the description. I will try and make it more interesting then the basics. Also, this will definitaly be more than a trainer fic. And how come I have bad luck with spelling the titles. First Mysteries that Await now this. I will have that fixed. Thanks for telling me.

Thanks everyone for reading and replies still welcome. The next chapter is going through some editing and it should be out by Saturday. Chapter three is also doing good, it will be finished hopefully by tonight and ready for next week. The only reason why I am able to write so much is because of brake, hope I can continue that when school starts back up. Thanks again and all questions, comments, reviews...are welcome. I can handle anything good or bad. See ya all later!

:D :wave: :yes:

rce35
19th February 2004, 06:22 PM
I liked it-the main charachter has very much potential-will she have flashbacks? How does her father's behavior effect her? Since you have personal expirience with this look at your behavior and model it after her. Are you very trusting of boys? Would you team with a boy so quickly? Good job though I will keep reading

DannyBoy
21st February 2004, 10:20 AM
RCE35: Thanks! Most questions will be answered by the middle. But when you ask am I trusting of boys...I am not a girl, I am a boy. But I don't trust my moms b/fs. I don't like some of them.

Ok, here is the next chapter. It looks a bit different because people said it would look better, so here is it.

Lessons to be Taught

Chapter two: The Mysterious Pokemon! Help From Above!

DID YOU MAKE THIS MESS! a loud male voice shouted. He pointed to the very little cookie crumbs on the green rug.

No, the little girl exclaimed. Tears crept from her cold eyes. Her palms began to sweat with fear.

You liar! I know you did it you worthless piece of trash! he shouted as he began to take off his leather belt. He folded it in his hand and get ready to beat.

MOMMY! she shouted as she stood up from the green rug. Her whole body began to quiver as the tears continued to run on her cold and ashamed face.

Baby, what is it? her mother asked as she ran into the room. No, John! Leave her alone! It is a few crumbs, let me get the vacuum and clean that up. Dont hurt the poor girl, she begged.

Pam, this doesnt involve you! Now go away! he shouted as he walked over to his daughter and raised the belt in the air. Pam quickly ran over and grabbed the belt before he could swing at her.

Women that was the biggest mistake you ever made! he shouted. He ripped the belt from her hand and gave an scolded his daughter.

He turned around and kicked her in the gut causing her to fall back and hit the rug hard. She held her stomach as she ached in pain. A little blood drizzled from her lips as tears poured from her eyes. She watched as he walked back over to their daughter and raised the belt again. He swung it down and hit her head. Blood squirted a bit from her forehead as she cried in pain.

Daddy! Please stop this, your hurting me! she cried out as she felt her head and then noticed the deep red blood on her hands. She started to shake in fear as her father raised the belt again and then swung it at her arm. Luckily, only a small cut formed and it didnt bleed as bad as her head.

Youre lucky youre not going to get hit again, I am in a good mood today, he shouted as he left the room.

The girl quickly ran over and hugged her mother who was in pain. Her eyes began to tear up as she watched her mom struggle to breathe. Mommy, mommy, mommy? MOMMY!? she cried loudly as her dad left the house.

She placed her head on her moms chest and began to cry more and more. Mommy, are you ok? she cried. No answer as her mom lay dying on the rug.

She quickly got off her mom and ran to the black portable phone. She quickly turned it on and called the police.

Hello, this is Diablos County Police Station, how may I help you? a women asked.

HeHello, my mommy is hurt and shes not moving. I need help! she cried out into the phone.

Ok, honey, can you please tell me where you are? she asked. She knew it must be a little girl as she was probably frightened. She tried to use as many small words as possible for the girl to understand.

Im at home, she cried more. Tears raced down her face and onto the rug below. She knew if help didnt come soon, her might die. Soon flashes of her mothers face passed through her mind and her body become soft with fear.

Where is your house? she asked again wondering where she lived. She had to find out soon so help would come. She hoped the girl knew these things.

I live by a big park and my house number is thirty four. I think the street name is Lake Drive, she whimpered. She didnt know what was going on as she watched her mom try to breathe with all her life.

Yes, we will have an ambulance over as fast as we can, she sighed with sadness. The girl hung up the phone without saying good bye and ran to the front door and waited. She looked back at her mothers almost lifeless body. It was like a nightmare she couldnt escape.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wurmple is a cool little bugger, Conner said in his sleep. His body twitched left and right as if he was having a strange dream. Becka laughed softly as she awoke from her sleep.

He continued talking to himself as Becka got up and began to stretch on the beautiful sunny morning. The dark clouds passed as the sun splashed her light skin. She sat back down and indulge herself in the warm heat. Her mind began to race of thoughts from the past. The thoughts of her parents and her brother. Deep inside she felt it was the right thing to do.

I WANT CHEESE! Conner screamed as his head flung of the pillow. His face covered in sweat. He lifted his hand and wiped the moisture off.

Ha, you ok there Con? Becka laughed. She watched him get up and then sit back down. You ok? You talked in your sleep and know youre randomly getting up and down, she laughed again.

Very funny, not my fault I am a little slow on the morning! he complained as he knelt on the warm brown dirt. He rolled his sleeping bag tightly and put it back in his nap sack. He went over to his already blown out lantern and placed it back in his bag.

I am in the mood for a battle; lets go find some people to battle! Becka announced with a big smile as she knelt on the ground and rolled her sleeping bag up. She placed it in her nap sack along with the flash light.

I think I rather train today, not in the mood I guess, he replied with a sigh as he slipped his bag on.

Becka slipped her bag on as well and stood up. Well, then dont. Its ok, plus training is just as fun! she smiled as she helped him up.

Thanks, now lets go look around, he smiled happily as they began to walk on the hard earth.

The sunlight punched through the tops of the trees and sprinkled on the ground. The trees swayed and the laughter of pokemon was heard all around. A loud squawk was heard as they looked high into the trees, a flock of Taillow, swiftly passing by followed by a leader, Swellow. The beautiful blue birds continued to soar through the branches as the sun glistened off of their bodies.

Becka look forward and seen a small white leg sticking out of a large leaf filled bush. She pointed over to it and Conner also looked puzzled. They ran towards it and began to observe it.

Hello? Is there someone under there? Becka asked as she kneeled down on s soft patch of bright green grass.

The leg twitched and the bush began to shake. Becka and Conner jumped back not knowing what was going on. Soon a second leg appeared and a person began to crawl out from underneath it. It was a young boy around ten. He had light blonde hair, about five foot, light eyes, blue tee with a Caterpie in the middle, blue shorts, and no sneakers.

Areyou ok? Becka asked. She stared at the strange boy as he dusted himself off.

Yes, I am just looking for this strange Venonat thats been lurking around, he replied as he bobbed his head around searching the forest still.

Conner and Becka looked at each other peculiarly and both asked, Why is this Venonat strange?

Well, people have been chatting about a abnormally large Venonat. People said it is stronger and larger than the typical Venonat, he responded as he walked over to a large green bush behind Conner and Becka.

He dug is hands in the bush and began to search through it vigorously. Small green leaves flew in the air as his hands went in and out of the bush but nothing was in there. He leaped away from the bush and began to move down the path and into another bush.

Uhwanna getahaway from him? Conner stuttered as he back up a few inches.

Becka looked at him and nodded her head as she too followed him. Inch by inch they slowly moved away and then they turned around and begun to run when the little boy ran in front of them.

Aw! Becka yelped. She was spooked by the boy following them. Yes? she asked softly.

You want to help me find it? Its wont be hard, I set traps in places where I think it might be, he replied to them with a innocent smile.

You set traps? That is not right, I dont even wanna think of helping you, Becka said angrily. She grabbed Conners arm and ran into the forest area.

Wait, he sighed softly. He thought he had some new friends but instead, he lost them. He then went back and started to search the bushes for the Venonat. He was determined to find it eventually before anyone else.

Meanwhile, Conner and Becka continued to run threw the bush infested forest. The pricks from the bushes became larger and began to scratch them. They quickly stopped by a large sap tree where Weedles were sucking the sap on the sides. Conner sat down on the dirt and stretched out from all the running. Becka too sat down and placed her hand behind her when she felt a sharp pain.

OW! she shouted. She looked back and found a small claw trap on her hand. The metal thorns jabbed into her hand and arm causing blood to ooze from the wound. Conner, get it off! she shouted.

Conner ran to her side and tried to pry the trap open but it was no use. Blood continued to fall from her arm and hand to the grass. The ground and grass started to suck the blood in. Becka screamed in pain as Conner continually tried to open it but no use. Tears leaked out of her sad eyes and onto the blood soaked ground.

NA! a loud voice screamed.

Conner and Becka looked up into the trees and seen branches ruffling about. Soon a large shadowy figure passed through he branches back and fourth as it came closer to the ground. Becka continued to cry as she stayed close to Conner.

The figure then leaped from a branch and landed on the ground next to them. It was about four foot five, bright purple hair, two large incest eyes, two large white antenna, and small white feet.

Veno! Nat! Nat! it shouted as it moved closer to Becka.

Connerwhat is it doing? she asked quietly as it moved in even closer. Becka began to shake and fear what this large pokemon was going to do.

I think its that Venonat the crazy kid was talking about, he responded with shock in his eyes. He couldnt believe what he was seeing.

The Venonat finally stopped moving and leaned over to Beckas quivering pale arm. Its antenna began to move around as they reached down to the trap. Its antenna began to rap around the metal and pull. Soon the trap was loosened up enough and Becka slid her hand out.

Oh my god, thank you, she cried as she held her bloody arm. She quickly took off her nap sack and searched for bandages.

She grabbed a long piece of cloth from the bottom and wrapped it around her wound. Venonat watched her carefully as she tied it tightly. Becka looked at the kind looking Venonat and extended her arm out. Venonat moved back a little but moved in a bit for her to touch it.

Thank you, she cried happily. She began to pet the soft pokemon gently.

Venonat, it purred happily. It rubbed its body against her soft hand.

Becka, we should get moving, we should go find a good place to set camp and just have you rest for a while, he told her as he helped her up.

Thank you and bye, Becka said as she walked away from the big Venonat.

Veno Venonat! it cried out.

There you are! a loud voice shouted.

Becka and Conner turned around and saw the crazy little boy standing with a small orange lizard. The lizard opened its mouth and let loose a burst of red and yellow flames. Venonat tried to get out of the way but the flames hit its side.

Leave it alone! Becka shouted. She reached in her pocket with her good arm and took out Nidorans pokeball.

She tossed it in the air causing the small light green poison pokemon to be released. The ball went back to Beckas hand as Nidoran stretched its small body out.

Nidoran! the small poison pin pokemon screeched.

Nidoran, use tackle attack on Charmander! Becka shouted loudly. She had faith her pokemon could beat Charmander.

Ran! it shouted as it dashed forward at the surprised pokemon.

Nidoran slammed its small body into Charmander causing it to fall back and smack into its trainer. Nidoran began talking to the burned Venonat and ran back to Becka. Becka looked a the hurting pokemon and then went into her bag and grabbed an empty pokeball. She threw it at the hurt Venonat causing it to open up and suck the pokemon in.

WHY DID YOU DO THAT? THATS MINE! he shouted loudly. His face become red as he yelled with an angry passion.

The ball fell to the ground and began to shake rapidly. Left and right the ball shaked and soon a dull sound was released as the ball stopped moving. Becka went over to the ball and picked it up. She knew Venonat wanted to be hers.

I caught it to protect it from crazy people like you. It saved me and I bet I could be a way better trainer than you. You are a pokemon collector. I can tell you dont like pokemon to love and cherish. You want it because its different! Becka shouted with no reason as she began to remember things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daddy no! the little girl shouted.

You dont deserve to have a pokemon! he shouted a she pointed at the small rat.

Daddy, please, its my only friend! she cried out as tears began to fall from her delicate eyes.

Her father picked up her new pet Rattata. He flung it up in the air and punched it. The poor small baby rat pokemon flew into the wall and began to bleed from the head. The rat fell from the side of the wall and lay motionless on the floor.

NO! she shouted loudly. Her only friend, animal, pet, and pokemon was gone. Everything in her life began to go down hill.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A tear began to roll down from her angered eyes. She recalled Nidoran and placed both pokeballs in her pocket. She walked back over to Conner and grabbed his arm as they walked away.

THATS NOT FAIR YOU BI-, he was interrupted by Charmander launching a hot molten flame ball at his face. Charmander then ran off into the forest.

What was that all about? Conner asked as they continued to go threw the branchy forest.

Just things, she sighed to herself as she rubbed her hurt arm. Can we talk about this later? she asked him.

Sure, he replied as they walked for a while more.

The sun began to fade into the sky and the moon began to peak from the darkening clouds. They found a quiet place to stay and set up camp. They laid and talked about things they went on that day

Thanks for reading, all replies, comments, probloms...are welcome. See ya!

Captain Pringle
21st February 2004, 04:49 PM
Good job integrating the flashbacks into the story. It flows like a good anime would, showing parts of the characters' pasts, then flashing back to the present (it reminds me a lot of Naruto, if you've ever seen that :P great anime). Not only does that introduce a secondary storyline (the character's past), but it's a cool way to explain why the characters act like they do in the present. Quite a few grammar and spelling errors here and there, but nothing too bad. Good job.

mistysakura
21st February 2004, 11:21 PM
Not bad! By the way, the thread name's got an error. Do you want me to fix that?

Same as what CP said, I think that Becka's past was connected well to the stuff happenng in the present. It also gives some interesting character background, whihc is one thing you don't see a whole lot.

HedgeCat
22nd February 2004, 12:59 AM
Whew! Good thing you haven't gone too far into this story.

This is a great story. Her dad is harsh. I wonder why her mom married him? Maybe for money. I like how you put the flash back in the perfect spot.

DannyBoy
22nd February 2004, 10:18 AM
CaptainPringle: Thanks! She will have a few flashbacks every now and then. Her past does play a good role in the fic especially around chapter 6 maybe. Thanks again!

Mistysakura: Thanks! Yea, I was about to go to the name chaging place but I would like that. Again, past is a role and I don't want to lose that in this. You will see more of it as it continues on. Thanks again!

HedgeCat: Thanks! Always good to get new readers. Good question though, never thought about that, some people marry others just to have someone to love even though they may not be prince charming or cinderella. Thanks again!

Chapter three is just about finished and then I can get to work on four. Thanks for the replies again! All replies are welcome and so are new readers. Thanks again!

mr_pikachu
22nd February 2004, 11:09 PM
Good job. This was an emotional chapter, with the feelings of Becka and "the crazy kid" hurt in many ways. The kid set traps? I can sorta see traps that force a Pokemon to battle, but traps that hurt Pokemon are just cruel. Not to mention Becka's memory... poor little Rattata! It didn't deserve that!

The only problem I really had was with the description type; again, it was too direct. Try using indirect description, instead of the "list format". You could have some sort of action make the characters take note of the clothing, or just make them realize some sort of oddity about it after awhile. But a list just makes the reader skim through it without really paying attention, so it's not good for keeping interest in the fic. Other than that, this was good. Just work on the description, and this'll be a great fic.

See you next chapter! :wave:

Powarun
23rd February 2004, 09:12 PM
Pretty darn good chapter. It was cool how she got a giant pokemon, and how she just confronted the collector. But her flash backs, are getting worse, and that is bad. I feel really sorry for her, and along with that, is how true the child abusing part of the fic is. Makes you think. But why didn't the police ask more questions about Brecka's mom? Oh well, keep it up.

DannyBoy
24th February 2004, 02:16 PM
mr.pikachu: Thanks! I already wrote that chapter so it was kind od hard for me to re edit some things. But I listened to what you said and did my best for the next chapter. Thanks again!

Powarn: Thanks! Doing the abuse parts are my favorite because I can show people who haven't seen or know a lot about that, start to learn about that.

I will have chapter three up on Thursday night. Again thanks everyone! I will be starting chapter four as soon as I can. It's hard handling a puppy and be the computer.

DannyBoy
29th February 2004, 03:50 PM
Sorry for the delay, I got my new puppy last sunday and all week it has been hard to find time and finish up the chapter. I finished it this morning but had to go but now I am here with it. It is my longest and I hope you all like. All reviews, replies, questions... are welcome. Now here is chapter 3!

Lessons to be Taught

Chapter Three: Double Rivals! Double Battle!

Little girl, what are those marks on your head? a teacher asked. She walked over and seen a large red scar on the back of her neck.

OhI fell when I was playing out in my back yard yesterday, she replied softly.

You sure? she asked with a puzzled look. She wondered if the girl was lying or telling the truth. The red marks looked like they were from a whip of some sort.

YesI am sure, she sighed as she looked down at the light green desk top. She could see her eyes in the shiny desk. She could see the pain and sadness rushing through her mind.

The teacher sighed as she walked back to her steel paper covered desk. She sat back down in the rolling blue cushioned seat and reached in her desk for a pen. She then moved her arm across the desk and ripped a piece of white sticky note and began to write on it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Memo,

Have Becka checked on. Red marks on back of neck and seems to be stressed. I feel child abuse is happening. Child is in denial and hasnt admitted it yet. But I feel she may be in danger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Few hours later

What happened today? a male voice asked with a cocky tone. He walked over with his shoulders high as he glared at his small blue dressed daughter.

She sat there innocently in her blue dress, white undershirt, and small black shoes. Her mind began to fill with worry and thoughts of her mother. Her mother was her number one priority, not some stupid thing a teacher told her father.

Nothing dadaddy, she stuttered quietly. She stopped playing with her yellow and black Pichu doll and stood up. She flattened out her dress and tried to look her best.

Thats not what I heard you worthless piece of existence, he shouted, you think looking pretty is going to help you?

Daddy, I swear, now can we please go visit mommy? her soft tender voice asked.

The aroma of fear and worry filled the air. She began to back up and soon her rough hands felt the cold green wall as she leaned up against it. Her toes gripped the rug tightly in hope nothing will happen. Her father moved over and looked down upon the saddened alarmed girl.

Can we go visit mommy, he imitated, No, we cant see mommy. That old hag isnt worth it. I hope she rots in there until she dies!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun was high in the sky as the silky white clouds soared. Taillow flew happily through the cool calm breathe of the earth as they chirped with pleasure. The sounds of chat among the pokemon could be heard all around in the trees, bushes, and sky.

Come on out Venonat! Becka said with happiness in her voice.

She gripped the red and white pokeball and tossed it in the air. The ball spread open and released the tall purple bug type pokemon. It shaked its body as it looked around at Becka and Conner. The ball went back to Beckas hand as she walked over.

Im sorry for catching you like that. I didnt want anything bad to happen and it reminded me of something in my past, Becka said softly as she hugged her pokemon.

Veno nat Ven no nat! it jumped happily in her arms. Its soft purple fur rubbed against her arms as she laughed.

That tickles! she laughed again as she backed up. Ok, see you later, she announced as she recalled her new pokemon.

You ready? Conner asked as he slipped on his black nap sack.

Yup, she replied with as smile. She put Venonats pokeball back in her pocket as they both continued to walk.

The ground was moist from the early morning dew as they sneakers packed it down. There heads were high as they continued along the Viridian Forest to Pewter city. They continued to look around through the thick deep brown trees to see if there was anyone around.

Looks like its gona be a boring day, Conner exclaimed as he kicked a small rough shiny rock.

You never know, we might find some people, she sighed as she also kicked a small rough rock.

The rock tumbled over and into a bush. A loud scream was heard as Conner and Becka froze quick. Some shuffling around was a heard and two tall red headed sisters popped up. The red headed sister on the left was tall and was straightening her bright pink shirt. The second sister who was slightly shorter was in a blue shirt. They walked from behind the bush revealing there matching white pajama like bottoms. They stretched out their bodies as they widened their mouths to yawn.

Why the hell did you kick a rock at us? the left one shouted. She rubbed her soft brown skin in her awakening eyes.

Im sorry, we were just kicking rocks around, and we didnt thin k that anyone would be around. Sorry, Becka commented.

Whatever, we were going to wake up anyways, right Linda, she exclaimed in a snotty voice.

Right Heather, she said as she turned around causing her soft white bottoms to twirl around her leg.

The two went back behind the bus and disappeared. The sounds of zippers being zipped and thing being moved around was heard. Becka and Conner were about to start walking when Linda popped back up from behind the rough forest green bush.

Wait, were not done talking with you two yet, she said pushing back her curly red lock of hair from her light eyes.

Becka and Conner froze in place and waited for the dimwitted twins to finish getting ready. After few minutes of getting ready, the two popped back out. Linda was straitening her green tee and arranging her rough looking jeans. Heather folded the red sleeves of her shirt up and lifted her jeans up a little bit so they wouldnt be to low.

So, Linda began to speak, are you two trainers? She looked at them with a curious smile and a flip of her hair.

Yes, we just started out, Conner responded with a grin on his soft spoken face.

Oh like my god, we are to! Heather shrieked loudly, Wanna have a double battle? We just started out to, she spoke again with excitement in her voice.

Conner and Becka stared at each other and then looked back at the ditzy girls and shaked their heads. Heather and Linda then moved back a bit to make some room on the hazy dirt ground. Heather slipped her small tan hand into her left pocket in her blue jeans and removed a small circular ball. Linda reached to her side and took her only pokeball from a smooth belt. She nagged it off causing the belt make a popping noise from the pressure of magnets from the ball and belt.

Lets play Sandshrew! Linda called out as she tossed the smooth ball in the air.

The ball exploded with light causing a form to take shape on the dusty surface of the ground. The ball shut quickly and floated back to her hand. The small creature lifted its short arm and scratched its rough yellow body. It blinked its small brown eyes as it looked around.

Shrew! the pokemon shouted happily as it jumped in the air and shaked its tiny arms and legs happily.

Come on out Taillow! Heather announced as she gripped the ball in her tight blue jeans.

The ball floated in the air as it enlarged. The red and white opened up revealing a bright shiny light that filled the air. A small form flew out of the ball and into the dry air. The pokemon continued to soar as the ball closed and placed itself back in her hand.

Low Taillow! the tiny bird pokemon squawked loudly as its soft blue wings felt the breeze.

Go Nidoran! Becka shouted loudly with a flip of her wrist causing the red and white ball to fly into the air.

The smooth red ball opened up releasing a white light that smashed into the warm hard ground. A small form flourished from the ball and onto the dirt. The light went back into the ball leaving the pokemon out as it floated back to her hand.

Ran! the small poison pin pokemon cried as it scratched its soft green ears with its small back leg.

Lets fight Mankey! Conner exclaimed as he tossed his starter pokemons pokeball.

The ball busted open releasing a bright light. The light flashed over the ground as a jumping form appeared. The light faded and the ball closed going back to his hand.

Mankey key! it cried loudly as it jumped up and down shaking its smooth tan arms and legs.

Lets begin, Nidoran, use poison sting on Taillow now! Becka shouted as she pointed at the blue bird.

Nido Nidoran! she screamed as she took stance.

Taillow, fly down and tackle it before it can sting you! Heather said as she pointed to the poison pin pokemon.

Ta Taillow! the tiny blue bird chirped as it soared through the air.

Mankey use low kick on Sandshrew! Conner exclaimed as he pointed at the dry skinned pokemon.

Mankey key man Mankey! it shouted loudly as it jumped around pounding its small light skinned rubbery hands on its fluffy tan fur.

Sandshrew use scratch attack now! Linda cried out as she pointed her tan finger at the hyper monkey.

Shrew, Shrew! it exclaimed happily as small sharp claws formed from its dry sand like hand.

Taillow flew around swiftly in the air as it gained speed for tackle. Nidoran glared at the flying bird as its horn grew a bright purple. Taillow saw Nidoran getting ready to attack and began to fly forward towards the small light green pokemon. Nidoran saw it coming and released five sharp needles from its glowing horn. The needles dripped of poison as they flew in the air towards Taillow. Taillow flew to the left dodging the needles but one of them went through its wing causing the poison to go in its blood. The bird pokemon fell to the ground and began to weaken already. Nidoran was in shock on how fast it struck the bird.

Taillow! it cried as it began to wobble on the ground but still capable to battle.

Sandshrew and Mankey looked into each others eyes with an evil passion. The fire grew as they darted towards one another. Sandshrew lifted his short arm and swung at the monkey in front of him. Mankey dodged and kicked Sandshrew in the gut hard with its rubbery leg. As Sandshrew fell back, it dug its claws into Mankeys soft stomach.

MANKEY! the pokemon screamed in pain as it rubbed its stomach.

Shrew! the ground type shouted as it rubbed its slowly bruising abdomen.

You did good Taillow, use peck attack! she shouted with a deep passion.

TalowTaillow! it painted as the poison continued to run through its blood and into its veins.

Great, now use tackle! Becka exclaimed with a grin of excitement.

Nidoran! she yelped happily.

Mankey, you ok? Conner asked quickly with a worried look upon his warm tanning face.

Mankey! it shouted with determination.

Great, use leer! he exclaimed with a sigh of relief.

Sandshrew, you can make it! Use tackle attack! she shouted at her pokemon.

Shrew! it nodded as it got in position.

Taillow ran as fast as it could on its small yellow legs as Nidoran began to run at full force towards the ever weakening bird. The two pokemon ran head first into each other causing them to be shoved back into the earth as dirt particles flew in the air. They both took equal amount of damage as they struggled back up.

Low! it shouted with anger.

Ran! it cried with hatred.

Mankey looked at the small shrew as it began to run towards it at an ever growing speed. The monkey opened its small mouth and released a sound so loud it made Taillow and Nidoran cringe with pain. Sandshrew stopped in utter agony as it covered its ears as it continued to try and run. Soon Sandshrew became immune and ran full force into Mankeys already hurting abdomen. The horrid yelling stopped as it began to scream in pain.

MANKEY KEY MAN MANKEY! it cried out as it felt the warm soil glaze its back.

Shrew! it called out as it jumped happily and began to shake its small thick yellow brick looking tail.

Talow, it whimpered as the poison began to hurt more from the leers defense damage.

Nidoran use poison sting again! Becka shouted as she flung her pointer finger at the very weak Taillow.

Nidoran! it growled as it got ready to fight.

Taillow, I know you can do this, just try, use tackle! she pleaded to her almost fainted pokemon.

TaTaTaillow, it chirped with trouble.

Sandshrew use tackle attack! she shouted with confidence.

ShrewSand! it cried as it got ready to go at it again.

Mankey use low kick attack now! Conner said as he hoped his pokemon could continue.

Taillow tried its hardest to run on its small feet but soon collapsed on the dry dirt. Nidoran saw it fall and its horn began to glow a bright purple. Soon three needles shot from the center of the horn and at Taillow. The needles jabbed the pokemons back as the poison dripped all over its small body.

TAILLOW! it cried loudly as it popped back up and began to flutter with its one good wing. It soon fell back down to the ground and fainted fast.

You did good Taillow, return, Heather sighed as she took out its pokeball and recalled it.

Great job Nidoran! Becka shouted happily.

Meanwhile, Mankey began running on its four limbs at the still going shrew. Sandshrew saw it coming and it also began to run. The two looked each other in the eyes as Mankey stopped quickly and swung out its leg. Sandshrew ran into it and tripped over into the dirt. Mankey jumped up causing a little blood to drip from its wound and landed behind the pokemon. Sandshrew slowly got up but Mankey kicked its left leg into Sandshrews back causing it to fall face forward.

SANDSHREW! it shouted as it tried to get back up. It turned its head and looked into the bright sun and then fell back down.

You did great Sandshrew, return, Linda cried as she recalled her ground type pokemon.

Linda flipped her red locks and placed the pokeball back in her pocket. She dusted some of the dirt off her soft shirt and looked back up at Becka and Conner. Their faces filled with happiness and joy as they congratulated their prized starters.

You two really love your pokemon and thats an important part of training. We will see ya later on in your training. Maybe we will bet stronger for are next match. See ya, Heather called out as her and Linda began to walk down the dirt path through the lushes bushes and trees.

Thanks see ya later! Becka called out as she waved good bye.

Bye, Conner waved happily.

The sun began to fade into the moon as the stars began to pop out. Becka and Conner recalled their pokemon in a flash of a light. They placed the balls back into their pockets and began to walk again.

That was fun, we actually have people we will continue to fightlike rivals! Conner said with an excited tone in his voice.

Yea, that was fun. Hopefully we will reach Pewter City soon so we can have a gym match and get the first clue thing. But I can see you did well with Mankey, even though you still need some work for the gym. I heard it is rock, so we should train a little more. Hopefully Venonat knows an attack to help me out. But you shouldnt have a big problem, I remember one of my old friends telling me about fighting pokemon and that theyre strong against rock types, Becka stopped to take a gulp of air.

Cool, Mankey already knows low kick so that should be good plus leer! he smiled as he looked deep into the darkening sky.

We should stop and set up camp, we need are rest for tomorrow, Becka announced as she stopped walking and began to turn her head around searching through the thick forest of trees and bushes.

Sure, he commented as he began to look around also. Hey, over here looks good.

She followed him over to a large area of dark green grass. They soon set up camp and created a fire with some near by branches. They rolled out their sleeping bags and quickly fell asleep under the moons light.

Thanks, all replies welcome! Thanks for reading! See ya later! :yes: :D :wave:

Also, coming up will be some trainers. If you would like to be one, please fill out the form below.

Name:
Pokemon: ( Have a few and no legendarys thanks )
Type of Trainer:
Appearance:
Anything else you would like me to know:

Thanks again!

Zee Sage
1st March 2004, 09:49 AM
Cool Chapters. Very Detailed and Described, I like the Flashback thingies.

Name: Soni Savage
Pokemon: Chikorita, Poochyena, Absol
Type of Trainer: Strong and funny, very carefree away from battles but supe serious in battles.
Appearance: 4'11", 89 lbs. Cargo blue jeans and a red silk shirt with silver sleeves, a black coat vest.
Anything else you would like me to know: N/A.

mr_pikachu
1st March 2004, 11:21 PM
Not bad. The girls seemed inexperienced with Pokemon, so they should be alright as rivals for Becka and Connor. Becka had better train hard for the Gym battle. The flashbacks are good, as always, although I was a little unclear as to what happened to the mother. Was she thrown in jail for the abuse? Hmm.

I liked how you changed your description style; it made things flow a lot better. The one thing I'd like to point out is something I don't see a lot on this forum. It's that there was a heck of a lot of criticism, almost to the point that it broke up the good flow you'd created with the necessary descriptions. When you're in a double battle, you don't need to describe each Pokeball opening. Once per chapter is more than enough; any more starts to hurt the fic more than it helps. But that's alright, that was one of the few instances of the over-description. You're doing good. This is a good plotline, and it's interisting to learn about Becka's past. I'm curious as to how she got away from her father. But I assume there'll be more on that later. Anyway, good work. Keep it up! :wave:

mistysakura
2nd March 2004, 12:43 AM
Fun battles. The girls definitely weren't character-less opponents... I think that how the sisters got a bit less "ditzy" during and after the battle was slightly strange, but it had a good effect; after all, if they had continued in that way throughout the chapter, we would totally have gotten sick of it.

As mr_pikachu pointed out, though, there were a few unneccessary details; I myself find the Pokemon's cries after each attack was issued a bit repetitive. Perhaps that could be cut down a bit.

Becka's past really adds to the chapter, although the connection's not too obvious right now; but that's probably a good thing. Nice work.

DannyBoy
3rd March 2004, 04:11 PM
Zee Sage: Thanks! I will have your character in around after the first badge.

Mr_pikachu: Thanks! This was my first time...I think, doing a double battle and it was a bit confusing for me but thanks for saying that. I will do that the next time they meet. You will find out next chapter where her mother is. Becka does have to train a bit but remember what attacks her pokemon can learn. Nidoran and Venonat do have some good attacks. THanks again!

Mistysakura: THanks! I really like showing some people can be ditzy but can turn serious when they need to. Thanks again!

I got the beginning part of chapter 4 done and I hope I will have time to write during the week and have it out as soon as I can. THanks for the replies! See ya all later! Remember, all replies, reviews...are welcome. Good and bad also...I can take it!

:yes: :D :wave:

Edit: Didn't want to double post so I fixed things up. Also, this is IloveX-TINA for those who don't know. People been getting me mixed up and are confused about the whole name change. Just wanted to say that and also, the next chapter is well underway and the beginning will be shocking in a creepy messed up way.

Powarun
3rd March 2004, 07:55 PM
Pretty good chapter. had a rather long battle, but it was good. Ah, I see it now though, Becka is going to be beaten again, or she is going to have an outburst and maybe run away. Keep up the good work, and sorry I will not give my trainer Identity right now. And why did you change your name again?

DannyBoy
4th March 2004, 03:25 PM
Powran: Thanks, it was kinda long of a battle. More things will happen to the little girl. I changed my name again because I felt like I needed to change. I like to change things everyonce in a while. Keeps me going and plus ILXT was just a name I quick thought of. This sn fits me more but I still love X-tina. Thanks again!

Chapter 4 is going great and I have a little part from the beginning for your reading pleasure!

You see what you make me do! I do this for you! This is to make your life better and more suitable to be in. Dont you see how much I care about you? he yelled loudly as he went back to cracking the belt on his now red hand. He had no sign of pain or feeling.

Yes daddyI understand, she whimpered softly rubbing the tears of hate and anguish away. Her mind began to fill up with ideas to escape from the torment and disgust of her father.

There it is...hope it makes you wonder and speculate. Thanks again, all replies still welcome. Thanks for reading! See ya later!

DannyBoy
6th March 2004, 05:18 PM
Ryu Slayer X 2.0: Thanks! Her dad is the villian of the fic and he is strange, twisted and messed up in so many ways. I will try and use as many under used pokemon as possible! Thanks again! Also your character will be showing up right after the first gym.

Well so far so good on the next chapter. It is going strong and I will try and have it out late tonight or late tommarrow night. Plus I will have off from shcool maybe on monday, tuesday and wendsday! So then I can work hard on the other chapters! See you all real soon and thanks for the replies again! It makes me happy to know people like it. Again, see ya!

DannyBoy
13th March 2004, 10:11 AM
Sorry for the delay! I started working on the Contest fic thing and got caught up in it but I had off so I finished this! So here it is,

Lessons to be Taught

Chapter Four: Welcome to Pewter City! Rock Fight!

Daddy, where is mommy? Is she still at the Hospital? the little girl asked softly to her father. Her voice filled with fear and questions.

Her father looked down at her from his large brown leather chair. He stood up and grabbed his shiny silver belt buckle. He undid his belt and slipped it off. Her eyes grew dark and frightened as she watched her fathers every move.

What did I tell you about asking about mommy? he asked as he slapped the belt against his rough dark hand. The sound of the leather hitting flesh made her small young bones to jump.

daddy, she worried with the rapid quivering of her tiny light pink lips. Goosebumps formed up and down her small delicate body as her father came closer with another whip of his leather belt hitting the skin on his hand.

You have to forget about mommy. She doesnt even exist to me. I want her gone! Youre lucky to be here! he shouted as the belt again hit his hand. Tears circled around her eyes as she eyed the belt going up and down in his hand.

IIII WANA SEE MOMMY! she cried out with all her might. She then began to think of all the horrible things that would come. Her body began to shake as she looked deep into her fathers hating, rotting eyes.

Her fears soon became reality as his father growled at her and lifted the leather belt. All things froze for her as the belt got ready to hit her. A mental picture of her mother appeared in her eyes. She felt the warmth of her body cover over her like a blanket. But the soon loving feeling broke as the tan leather whipped across her stomach.

Her heart began to pump faster and faster as the pain grew. Sweat fell from her body onto the red fiber carpet. She grabbed her stomach in pain as her eyes shut. She didnt want to see the cause of pain as her hands became soaked in tears. Her voice scared to talk kept shut as the pain was ready to burst out of her tiny body.

You see what you make me do! I do this for you! This is to make your life better and more suitable to be in. Dont you see how much I care about you? he yelled loudly as he went back to cracking the belt on his now red hand. He had no sign of pain or feeling.

Yes daddyI understand, she whimpered softly rubbing the tears of hate and anguish away. Her mind began to fill up with ideas to escape from the torment and disgust of her father.

Good, now get the hell away from me! he shouted as he started to place his belt back on his waist. He buckled it back up as he glared evilly at his disobedient daughter.

Yes, she sighed as she left the room. Her small legs ran as fast as they could as she tumbled up the cold wooden steps. She looked at the walls covered with photos of a family she once knew, a family she loved, and a family that was perfect no more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~

Venonat, use confusion again! Becka shouted. She watched her pokemon get ready to use its new attack it learned.

The pokemon then shouted, Veno!

Venonats eyes grew dark as its body became shrouded in a purple glow. Its short purple fur stood straight up as a large purple metallic ring formed in front of its body. The small tan and white bird chirped with fear as it watched the bug pokemon prepare to attack. Soon the large metallic ring shot out from its body and smashed into the tiny bird pokemon.

Pidgey! it cried loudly as flashes of purple metallic lights went around its body.

In confusion Pidgey flew high into the air and started to fly into the bright yellow burning sun. It soon disappeared into the early morning breeze. Venonat stopped glowing as it started to jump up and down happily. Conner and Becka laughed at the excited bug.

Good job Venonat! she exclaimed. She ran over and hugged her large pokemon tightly. She then took out its pokeball and returned it.

To bad that Pidgey flew away, it would have been cool to see you have, he told her with a short smile.

YeaI guess but at least Venonat is gaining experience. Plus it learned a new attack. Nidoran and Venonat should be able to kick some rock butt! she replied as she placed the pokeball in her left pocket.

Ok, now can we go to the gym? It is just like a few minutes away and I really wana battle! he whined loudly. He was full of anticipation and the joy of having his first battle was overwhelming.

I know how you feel! she replied with a grin.

They began to walk on the dusty dirt path. They quickly indulged themselves in the bright heat of the ever burning sun. Becka lifted her silky smooth hair and tied it with a small red band from around her tan wrist.

As the walked further a large stone structure appeared above the horizon line. It was a large upside down u that was cold and gray looking. As they walked even more, small rock like house began to appear all around.

The dusty dark dirt path slowly faded into a gray cemented sidewalk as they walked under the large arch. Both of their eyes shimmered with shock as the looked at the stone town. Everything seemed to be dark and gloomy but when they looked down, it was filled with beautiful flowers in everyones front yard.

Wow, this is justwhoa, Becka commented as she passed by the rock houses and beautiful gardens.

Look over there, Conner pointed, it looks like the gym! It was a larger stone building.

The building was all one giant boulder which must have been carved inside to make the gym. Smaller gray boulders were scattered around the building. Two straight small gray and black pebbles lead the way to the entrance of the gym.

Ready? Conner nervously asked as he stared at the large gym.

Umfirst how about we find the pokemon center and heal our pokemon? Becka asked as she swung her head left and right peering through the houses. Over there it looks like, she pointed to a little bit larger type house. On the side of the smooth rock was a large red pokeball.

Ok, lets go! Conner exclaimed happily as he grabbed her warm hand and dragged her to the medium sized house.

He pulled her quickly until they came up to two brown swinging doors. On the front it read, Pokemon Center. They pushed the ridged wood forward as they entered a very bright light welcomed them.

The floors were covered in red and white tiles with red and white furniture covering the sides of the wall. On the right side of the place was a large black and white painting of a slender pokemon hanged on the rock wall. Its arms were covered in feathers and its legs were bare. A large head perched at the top of the body with scolding eyes that looked as black as night viewed the healing place.

That is one creepy painting! Becka whispered into Conners ear. She looked strangely at the incredible figure in the paint.

Ok! Ok! Lets heal are pokemon and go battle! he begged as he dragged her to the white counter.

She pulled her arm back and walked forward with him. She looked at a bright smiling nurse who was fixing her white hat on her fluffy red hair. She looked forward and noticed the two coming forward. She quickly flattened her white outfit and put a smile on her soft caring face.

Hi, welcome to the Pokemon Center, how may I assist you? she asked politely.

Hi, can you heal are pokemon please? Becka responded being polite back.

Thats my job, isnt it? she giggled, Just give put your pokeballs and I will have them healed for you.

Becka and Conner reached into their pockets and each grabbed their pokeballs. They handed the small red and white spheres to the nurse. The nurse then walked over to a large silver machine with pipes and buttons all over it. The pokeballs got sucked into a hole causing the machine to make noise.

A few minutes passed and Conner and Becka waited at the smooth white counter. They were full of anticipation and adrenaline they couldnt wait to battle. Soon the machine began to make different noises. Then a large pop noise and the balls popped out of a small hole at the bottom right side into a basket. The nurse walked over and took the pokeballs and walked back to the counter.

Here you are, she responded giving two balls to Becka and one to Conner. They quickly placed their pokeballs in their pockets.

Thanks, the responded quickly as they ran towards the swinging wood doors.

ByeGood luck! she waved as she watched them leave.

Bye, they both waved back as their hands pushed into the swinging wood doors.

As they exited the Center, they soon entered a blustery cold rain storm. The rain poured heavily as it slapped against their bodies. They quickly ran down the wet sidewalk passed the houses and gardens and quickly to the gym. Everything on them was wet and smelling like the fresh rain drops from the sky.

They placed their cold wet hands on the gym door and looked at each other. They both looked back at the houses, the gardens, the skies, and the pebble path up to the rock door. The colds hands then pushed on the rock door as it slowly opened releasing the light from inside, outside.

Beckas cold wet lips began to move as she nervously said, Ready?

Conner nodded his head and grinned as he continued to push open the door. For a second t he light blinded them and then as they walked in, they could see things clearly. The gym was a large room with a white outline of a battle field on the hard clay ground.

Who enters? a deep male voice shouted from the other side of the room.

Hi, my name is Becka and this is my friend Conner. We are here to battle the gym leader for the Boulder Badge, she exclaimed looking at a tall young man scratching his tan skinned chin.

He walked forward as he placed his tan hands inside his gray jean pockets. You could see him eyeing out the two to see how tough they looked. He walked some more and stopped inside a small white block of clay and stood there.

I accept your challenges, since you guys look to be amateurs, this will be a one on one battle with no time limit. Alright? he asked.

Sounds good to mewhats your name? Conner asked with a puzzled look.

My name is Brock Rollders. Now which one of you will go first? he asked.

I will, Becka exclaimed as Conner sighed with relief.

Ok, lets battle! he shouted as he grabbed a red and white pokeball from his silky black shirt pocket.

He tossed it in the air releasing a small rough looking pokemon. Te ball levitated back to Brocks hand as he slipped it back into his pocket. The pokemon extended its rock arms and blinked a few times and shouted, Geo!

Becka looked at the pokemon and then took out her two pokeballs. She stared at them and then put one back. She tossed the small red and white sphere causing Nidoran to come out. The ball went back to her hand and she put it back in her pocket. Ran, the small creature called out as it scratched its lightly furred body.

Geodude, use tackle! Brock shouted as he pointed at the small bunny type pokemon. Dude! the rock type shouted as it pounded its large rock fists together.

Use double kick! Becka shouted as she hoped she would win. Nidoran, it cried happily.

Geodude floated fast as it came towards Nidoran with tremendous speed. Nidoran locked eyes quickly with she flew backwards onto her back. She put her two small back feet up and got ready to kick. Geodude neared and its body touched Nidorans feet. She pushed her left leg back and shoved it forward kicking Geodude hard. The she pushed her right foot back quickly and kicked even harder causing the pock type to fall back and hit the clay ground.

Great job Nidoran! Becka exclaimed with a large grin. Nido! she blushed.

Come on Geodude, get up and use rock tomb, he shouted to his pokemon, Geo, it yelled as it got off the now indented clay.

Use leer Nidoran! she crossed her fingers hoping it would work. Do! she yelped.

Geodude began to glow a bright blue as the ground under Nidoran began to tremble. Nidoran panicked as a rock began to push out of the clay. She quickly opened her mouth and released a glass shattering scream. Soon the ground stopped shaking and Geodude began spin around banging its fists on its head. Becka and Brock to began to cover their ears from the horrible sound. Soon she stopped and everyone sighed with relief.

Good job Nidoran! Now use tackle! she shouted. Ran! it exclaimed.

Geodude, counter it with your tackle! he said with confidence still in his voice. Geo! it cried as it stumbled around.

Nidoran and Geodude looked deep into each others eyes and saw the fire burning deep inside. They both then dashed forward. Brock and Becka watched the two pokemon run into each other

Thanks for reading and all replies are welcome! All newcomers are welcome also! Stay tuned for more!

Edit: THis was edited a bit so it looked different and added little things in.

:yes:

mistysakura
13th March 2004, 10:33 PM
The cliffhanger's not bad. I like the background stuff (i.e. Becka's past), but maybe a few hints as to what it has to do with the rest of the story could help build the suspense. The description of Pewter City was nice; never imagined it that way before, really.

Keep it up!

DannyBoy
13th March 2004, 11:18 PM
Mistysakura: Thanks! I wanted to change the outlook on the places in Kanto, all the towns will be re worked then what everyone saw in the game or show. Between 12 and 16 will be the big start of the fic. But more and more will by said each time.

Well the next chapter is already complete! I been in a writing mood and finished it and I am half way through the next one. But, so I don't have to make you all wait long periods of time, I will post Chapter 5 on Saturday. I will try for every saturday now since I hope to get one and half more chapters done this weekend. But I am not promising anything except for the next two Saturdays there will be a chapter posted.

See ya all later!

BTW: All replies are still welcome, no matter how good or bad they may be. Also all new readers are welcome to post. I am sure this is not perfect...

DannyBoy
20th March 2004, 07:07 AM
Well...like I said here is the next chapter. I guess the last one sucked but I hope this is better for your likings. I make it as action packed as I can and here it is...

Lessons to be Taught

Chapter 5: Dark Night! Battle Finish!

Its time, the little girl sighed as she pushed open her white window.

She watched as the rain poured heavily on the ground below. There was about three feet to jump from her window. She carefully slid her legs out the window and little by little slid down the side until her small feet reached the soggy ground.

A bolt of lighting and a crackle of thunder rushed over her as she began walking on the slippery mud. She quickly turned around and looked at the old creaky hell she had been living in. She wondered about her mother, she was still in the hospital after all the brutal beatings. Her father, the devil, the one who had hurt her in so many ways still not in any trouble.

She turned back around and ran into the dark night passing trees and into the neighborhood. The street lights shined down on the wet pavement of the street as she cried softly to herself. Leaving everything behind was the only way for her to be happy. But the thought of her mother going back lingered in her mind.

Why daddywhy? she questioned. Soft, wet tears flowed down her already rainy face. Her hair, soaking wet and covered part of her tormented face. Her pink pajamas, stick close and tight to her delicate hurt body.

Then, a soft smile erected on her face. The thought of no more yelling, fighting, hitting, aching, crying, and the thought of death would no longer be in her thoughts and dreams. But that soon faded away, the thought of never hearing her mothers soft, beautiful voice would never be heard by her young ears anymore.

She continued walking as she wrapped her cold soaking arms around her frozen body as she moved from the street to the drenched gray sidewalk. She moved her hands up and wiped her face of all the water and tears.

After walking a bit more, two bright lights flashed behind her. She turned her head to see a large black and white cop car pull up next to her. She turned her head and continued walking acting like it wasnt there, but it was.

Excuse me, little girl, the cop began to say, what are you doing out here so late? he asked her but with no response.

He parked the car on the side of the damp road and exited the car into the rainy night. He ran on over to her shaking body. He walked in front of her and turned around. He saw a lost, lonely, confused girl walking in front if him. He stopped walking backwards and moved down.

Why are you out so late? he asked wondering what she was doing. He saw in her pale eyes she was hurting deep inside.

I want my mommy, she softly replied with depression and sadness in her voice,

Ok, where is your mommy, he asked hoping for an answer.

The hospital, she sighed as she stood there looking at the ground.

Ok, now you just got to tell me what one and I can help you, I promise, he told her with hope.

I duno, I just want to leave and find my mommy! she cried as her knees fell to the ground. I just want to be happy, I want to be away from my, she was inturpted.

There you are honey! a familiar male voice shouted as the feel of nasty arms wrapped around her drenched body. I been looking for you, he said as he turned her around.

NO, she cried and kicked at her father hoping the cop would help her out.

Excuse me sir, but who are you? the cop suspiciously asked the man in a large brown trench coat.

I am this girls father. I was worried sick when I went to check on her and her bedroom window was wide open. Sorry for bugging you sir. Its ok now baby, daddys here to take care of you, he said as he turned around and was about to go back home.

Wait, your daughter says she is looking for her mother and that she is the hospital, is that true? the cop asked the father.

Yes, her mother fell down and hurt her abdomen and shes just was sent there and is getting treated. Trust me, everything is fine, he glared at the curious cop.

Alright, just wondering because she said she had to find her. I am glad you found your daughter, good night, the cop responded as he wiped some mud off of his black uniform and walked back over to his car.

That was the stupidest thing youve ever done. Wait till we get home, he whispered in her cold wet ear.

NO! she screamed as she punched and kicked her father. Images of what may come flashed before her and what could happen. She knew she was in trouble and she knew the pain just started.

Her dad walked her home in the freezing rain. He slammed open the white front door and entered the green carpeted living room. He threw her on the floor and slammed the door fast. He sat on the floor and grabbed his daughters wet hair. She rotated her eyes so she could see him. The look upon his face was horrid. The anger roared loudly as he looked into her eyes.

You piece of trash, who the hell do you think you are running away from here! What were you thinking? Did you think you would find mommy and have her TRY and help you out?! Nothing will help you now, he shouted as he slammed her against the floor.

Tears flowed out of her eyes as she felt blood coming from her mouth. The bitter tasting liquid fell drop by drop onto the floor. She began to release her fears in the tears she continued to cry. She felt her life was built on the no stop tears she could no longer control.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~

Good job Nidoran! Now use tackle! she shouted. Ran! it exclaimed.

Geodude, counter it with your tackle! he said with confidence still in his voice. Geo! it cried as it stumbled around.

Nidoran and Geodude looked deep into each others eyes and saw the fire burning deep inside. They both then dashed forward. Brock and Becka watched the two pokemon run into each other. They both yelled their names as both bodies smashed into one another. They both got shoved back and hit the ground hard.

NIDORAN! Becka called out with worry.

GEODUDE! Brock yelled with panic.

Nidoran stumbled up and stood on all fours and yelled its name proudly. Geodude lay on the ground knocked out. Brock sighed and recalled his weak pokemon and walked across the battle field to Becka.

Great job! Beck yelled as Nidoran ran up to her. Nidoran nuzzled her leg and yelped happily. Becka recalled back her pokemon and slipped the pokeball back into her pocket.

That was a great battle. I must have underestimated you. You are very strong and so is your Nidoran. Now here is your badge like I promised, he announced as he handed her a small gray rock shaped badge.

Beckas eyes glowed with relief, happiness, and pride. She received her first badge fair and square. She held it in her warm tan hand and smiled then placed it into her pocket so she wouldnt lose it. Conner walked on over and patted her on the back and then looked at Brock.

Are you readyConner? the gym leader asked the young man.

You bet! he squeaked. I mean yes! he re-responded with more strength and confidence in his tone of voice.

Alright, lets battle! he shouted as he returned to his side of the field grabbing another pokeball from his silky shirt pocket.

He tossed the red and white pokeball high in the air and a medium sized pokemon came out. It was a large rock that looked like a duck. It moved slowly and was gray with and orange beak. PASS! it shouted loudly.

Conner looked at the weird pokemon strangely and then grabbed Mankeys pokeball. He held it tightly and said softly, Please god let me win.

He tossed the ball in the air releasing the wild tan monkey. It jumped up and down wildly as it looked at its opponent. The ball returned to Conners hand and he slipped in back into his pocket. Key Mankey! it yelled loudly as it jumped up and down.

Use thunder wave Nosepass, Brock called out to his rock type.

Thunder wave? That is really strange, Conner thought to himself before speaking, Ok Mankey, dodge it and use low kick! Mankey looked at him and gave thumbs up.

Nosepasss nose began to glow a bright blue as it leaped into the air. Mankey watched its every move and then a large blast of yellow energy shot from its nose. Mankey jumped around it and dodged it. Nosepass came back down and Mankey ran up to it. The monkeys left leg went straight down into the rock pokemons lower abdomen causing it to shout its name in pain. Mankey quickly jumped back and awaited its next order.

Great job Mankey, use tackle! he shouted out to his monkey pokemon. Key! it nodded.

Rock tomb! the leader shouted to his compass like pokemon. Nopass, it shouted with a passion.

The rock pokemons body began to glow a florescent blue and the ground began to tremble. Mankey was about to run but a large bumpy tan rock shot from the ground and smashed into his side. Mankey fell to the ground and soon rocks swallowed the pokemon up. Mankey yelled in pain as the rocks squished it inside.

Mankey! Use low kick! Conner shouted with worry.

Nosepass use tackle! the gym leader shouted out loud.

Mankey struggled to move but nothing would work inside the dark tomb. Nosepass soon slid forward and smashed into the large rocks surrounding Mankey. Mankey was thrown into the rock wall and slid down. Blood drooled out of its mouth and one eye stayed shut and the other looked bruised badly.

Mankey! Come on buddy! Use leer! Conner hoped and prayed leer would help just like it did for Becka.

COME ON CONNER! Becka shouted from behind him. Her fingers were crossed and hoped he could win.

Nosepass use tackle again! he shouted to his power house pokemon.

Nosepass heard its command and began to slide towards Mankey at an amazing speed. Mankey saw it coming and quickly opened its mouth as fast as it could and released a loud screaming sound. Nosepass stopped dead in its tracks and moaned its name in pain.

Great! Mankey use low kick! Conner said with more confidence.

Watch out Nosepass, dodge it! Brock shouted loudly.

Nosepass didnt hear its command and Mankey ran as fast as it could on its hands and legs and slammed its left leg again into Nosepasss side. Nosepass fell over in pain and shouted its name loud. Mankey stood there and waited for its next order, but there was no order.

Nosepass! Brock shouted as he ran to his pokemon. He recalled his fainted pokemon and stood back up.

III won, he stuttered to himself. His eyes bugged out as Becka ran up and hugged him.

You did it! she shouted happily as Mankey walked over and fell face down on the ground and went to sleep.

We did! Mankey, you did great, return, he called out as he recalled his tired pokemon.

Well, I am surprised. I really thought I had you beat but you trusted you pokemon and continued. I am very proud to give you the Boulder Badge, he smiled as he handed Conner his first badge of the Kanto League.

Thanks! he announced as he smiled happily at the boulder shaped badge.

Good luck and have fun! Brock smiled as the two began to leave the building.

Thanks and bye! they both waved as they left the gym.

They exited the gym and were back in the rain storm. The clouds dark and gloomy filled with water poured on the town. They quickly ran back to the center to take a good long rest for the next day.

Thanks for reading, all replies welcome...

DannyBoy
22nd March 2004, 02:31 PM
I don't want t sound annoying or whining and I am not begging which it seems like but I am very, very confused.

I really thought people liked this fic. It is just getting started and everything and it seems no one really likes it. It sucks when i have been around for a while, I am pretty active, people say its good and all I got last time was one reply and so far this time none. Is it that bad? I really want an onest opinion. I try my, work hard, and take time to write this because people seem to be enjoying it but now it doesn't feel good and I don't know if anyone likes it. Have I angered anyone? Have I said something that might be offensive? I kno for a few days I haven't been active but everyone gets like that a few times. I just want to know. Writing this makes me feel like I am the most stupidest, whinyest person ever. But I am confused. I know I am not the best writer but I don't understand...:confused:

HedgeCat
22nd March 2004, 09:34 PM
I really like this fic- don't quit it! I just forgot to check the fan fiction last night, and I didn't see the chapter til now. It's quite origanal. Don't quit!

mistysakura
23rd March 2004, 05:11 AM
"I kno for a few days I haven't been active but everyone gets like that a few times." You've said it yourself. We're all still reading, just we're not quite... here.

The last chapter was okay. I think the battle could have been described more, but Becka's memories were really good; you're really making us sympathise with her.

Yes, we are reading. And we like it. Be reassured.

DannyBoy
27th March 2004, 10:16 PM
OK thank you two! It means a lot now I have 2 readers but I am going on break for a while. I want to write up a bunch of chapters so I there wont be a really big gap of time in between chapters and maybe that will help keep readers interested in the fic. So I am taking a break and right now I will start back up on April 12th. I did start a new fic which is a fic I know I can stick to and I will hope to have that finished by May and try a chapter a week. I enjoy writing Horror and Thriller type fics and this one should be fun. So see you all on April 12th with a new chapter which is titled,
Chapter 6: The Cry of a Mother and Daughter! The Potent Slugma!
So see ya all then and if you like scar stuff check out Never is a Promise. I have the prologue up and the first chapter should be out in a couple of days or I might just wait till next Saturday. Who knows but I hope everyone likes it. See ya soon!

DannyBoy
25th April 2004, 01:54 PM
I had this chapter almost finished and I gota weird feeling so I decided to finish it and who knows I might just continue to write this and Runaway. But who knows, depending on responses will be if I continue this fic. Except this will be one of the more graphic type chapters.

Lessons to be Taught

Chapter 6: The Cry of a Mother and Daughter! The Potent Slugma!

“Hello?” the little girl asked as she picked up the peach cord phone.

“Baby…,” a soft tender familiar voice called out.

The girls eyes filled with tears of joy as she responded, “Mommy…is…is that you?” Her mind was racing of things to say, things to tell her, what might happen, if her mother comes home…what will happen to her.

“Yes, its mommy. Oh how I’ve missed you so much and I want to come home. How are you? Has…Has your father done anything to you? Hurt you? Touch you? Yell at you? Its going to be ok just tell mommy,” she said softly without crying.

“Well…Well…Daddy has hurt me. I am so sorry mommy. It was all my fault! I don’t know what to do and I tried to run away and then he caught me and then the cop and then and then I don’t know what’s going on anymore,” she began to cry to her mother. Her small head filled with so many words and didn’t have enough breathe to express what she needed to say.

“It’s going to be ok, I promise you that. Mommy has been talking to,” she was soon interrupted by a loud yell.

“Who are you talking to?!” a loud male voice shouted into the phone as he held the girl back. She started to cry, kick, and scream.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU MONSTER?!” the girls mother screamed in terror not knowing what was happening over there. Her mind started to race with fears and terrors of what he could do to her.

“You really want to know what I do to her, just listen!” he shouted as he dropped the phone.

He grabbed his daughter’s hair causing her to scream and shout in pain. He then picked her up by the waist and dropped her on the ground.

THUG!

BAM!

WACK!

BOOM!

Was all the frightened mother heard.

“MOMMY!” the girl screamed loudly as blood came from all different directions. Seeping into the rug, the thick red substance was all over. Her face, cut and torn and bleeding.

“NO!” her mother screamed from the phone but no one could hear her. Her hands shaked as she held the phone tight and the screams of a little girl in hell rang.

Nurses quickly rushed into the all white hospital room and found the women yelling into the phone and quickly grabbed her arms and legs. One nurse came over and hung up the phone and tried to relax her. Her whole body shaked rapidly as she soon went into shock.

Meanwhile back at the house, the little girl soon opened her swollen eyes. All she could see is the white ceiling above her. She turned her head slowly and saw the black tub next to her; she knew she was in the bathroom.

“Mo...Mom,” she struggled to say. She moved her body over to lie on her stomach. She looked down and noticed she was in a puddle of her own blood. She slowly stood up on the blood cover tiled floor and walked backwards until she came to the corner of the room.

Her eyes bulged out as she looked at the red moisture covering the floor. She slid down the white wall covering it with blood from her shirt. She looked at her bloody hands and just shoved her face in them. All her deepest darkest horrors continued to come true but one thing still lingered in her mind, her mother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~

“Here you are,” the nurse said walking over to Becka and Conner.

They both looked up and saw the nurse grab three pokeballs from her large white pocket on her white nurse’s dress. She handed Becka two pokeballs and Conner one then went back behind the counter for other customers.

“Ready to hit the road Beck?” Conner asked placing his pokeball back in his pocket with his new badge.

“Yup, lets go!” she replied happily as she put her two pokeballs in her pocket.

They both stood up and exited the Pokemon Center. It was now just mid-day and a lot better from yesterday’s rain storms. The sun was high in the cloudless blue ocean and the heat pounded on them. They started walking on the dry sidewalk to the next route.

“So where are we going next?” Becka asked as Conner took out a small map from his right pocket.

“Well the next place is Moon Town which is right next Mt. Moon,” he replied as he showed her on the map where they were going.

“Ok, let’s get going then,” she said quickly. She was feeling so good to know she got one badge and the next was coming.

They continued walking down the cold looking sidewalk until they reached a large sign that read, ‘Now Leaving Pewter City, Please Come Again!’. They then started back walking on the changing sidewalk; it went from cement to dark dusty dirt.

Soon the clouds began to soak up the sunshine as it became gloomy. A smell of warmth and joy flew through the air and up Becka and Conner’s noses. The smell filled there bodies as the released a sigh of relief.

“Can…Can you smell that?” she asked as she walked with her eyes closed. She felt calm and relaxed with no worries what so ever. Her hands gentle brushed her soft hair as she stretched her long arms into the sweet air.

“Yea…It…It smells…I don’t know. It just smells so amazing!” he shrieked with a passion. Goosebumps formed along his arms and legs as the smell grew stronger and stronger.

They continued walking with soft smiles on there faces. They passed through the green bushes until the realized they were following the scent. As they walked more, the scent grew stronger and stronger.

Soon their eyes grew large at what they saw. The smell was coming from the small reddish, orange creature in front of them. It looked moist yet a bit slimy. The streaks of steam floated of its body and into the scented air. But it was more than steam; it was a strong smell of delight.

“What is that?” Conner asked to Becka. He was in shock at the sight of this strange but magnificent pokemon.

“Wait…I forgot all about my Pokedex. I had one from a long time ago but never used it. Let me see if I still have it,” she said as she dug into her right jean pocket. She soon felt a square object and pulled it out. “Ah, there it is,” she smiled looking at the red cell phone like object.

She pressed a small red button on the side and it flipped open to reveal a white screen and some buttons. She pointed it at the slug like pokemon and a white beam shot out at the pokemon. Soon the blank screen turned on and data was being given. Then a voice began to say,

Slugma, the fire slug pokemon. These pokemon are born from volcanoes. When one erupts millions of hot flames are shot out from the volcano and soon turn into SLUGMA when they hit the ground. Usually they are found by large caves, old volcanoes, and ones that are still active. SLUGMA usually give off strong amounts of heat.

“I want one!” Becka shouted with joy followed by, “I just wanna know why it smells so good.”

“If you catch it, you could ask a nurse at the pokemon center about it and maybe she could test it out. But go on, catch it,” he smiled at his travel buddy.

“Let’s battle Nidoran!” Becka shouted happily as she tossed the red and white sphere into the air. A burst of light shined as the small female pokemon came crawling out. The ball shut and went back to her hand. “Nidoran, use poison sting!” she shouted.

“Nido Ran Nidoran Ran Nido!” it shouted back to its trainer.

The slugma looked in confusion as it continued to stay put on the warm dirt ground. Nidoran’s small green horn glowed bright and five sharp poison dripping needles shot out at the slug pokemon. The needles penetrated through the lave going right threw it. But the poison brushed aide it leaving some behind causing it to flow through the magma.

“Slug…Ma…Slugma!” it cried out as the poison began to take shape. It cried weakly as it glared at Nidoran with much anger now.

“Use tackle,” her trainer said once more the light bluish green pokemon.

“Nidoran Ran Nido!” it yelled as it dashed forward at the pile of lava.

Slugma watched carefully as Nidoran came forward and jumped in the air a little bit. It quickly slid over a bit so it wouldn’t get hit. Nidoran noticed it and shifted her body down on the pokemon, but not like a tackle attack.

“Look, Nidoran just learned body slam!” Conner said in shock as he pointed at her pokemon.

“Congratulations Nidoran, use body slam again!” she cheerfully exclaimed still indulging in the sweet scent it was still giving

“Nido!” it called out with happiness.

“Slugma!” it cried out from underneath Nidoran’s paws.

Nidoran walked off of Slugma and then turned back around. It then lifted its front legs and pounced on the already hurt Slugma again. Slugma cried in pain as Nidoran’s paws went right through its body. Nidoran got back off and awaited its next order.

“That’s good Nidoran!” Becka called out as she grabbed the cold sphere from her pocket.

She threw the ball at Slugma causing it to burst open. A white shining light flung out and grabbed the hurt Slugma. Soon Slugma was sucked into the ball like a vacuum. One, two, three, four, and five shakes and Slugma was caught.

“YEAH!” Becka cheered as she ran over to the small patch of grass and grabbed the pokeball.

“You did good Becka. Now you will always smell good!” he snickered out loud as she watched her recall Nidoran after a good few pats on the head.

“Thanks, now let’s go to the pokemon center to find out why it smells so good,” she said as she slipped the two pokeballs on her side.

They began walking east towards Moon Town where they could bring Slugma to and find out why it had a smell to it and continue there way to the next gym.

mr_pikachu
26th April 2004, 09:56 PM
Not a bad chapter. The Slugma's uniqueness could prove to be an intriguing element to the story (or not), and the flashback was... umm... violent! But that's fine, just don't overdo it, ok? *face turns pale at all the blood*

Anyway, my only real ongoing criticism is about the Pokemon sounds; we all know what noises a Nidoran and Slugma make, so you don't need to quote them. Remember, cater to your audience. Since your audience doesn't need to learn the pattern of Pokemon noises... well, you get the idea.

Other than that, this is good. I can see that your descriptions are really beginning to develop. Being able to describe senses other than pure sight can prove to be a valuable asset to a writer. In fact, you really didn't even describe the scent; you were able to get your characters to do that for you. Good job in that regard. Just watch the pace; slow things down a little. I'm looking forward to the next chapter... and yet another flashback to continue the story! (Nice touch!)

mr_pikachu
26th April 2004, 10:07 PM
Not a bad chapter. The Slugma's uniqueness could prove to be an intriguing element to the story (or not), and the flashback was... umm... violent! But that's fine, just don't overdo it, ok? *face turns pale at all the blood*

Anyway, my only real ongoing criticism is about the Pokemon sounds; we all know what noises a Nidoran and Slugma make, so you don't need to quote them. Remember, cater to your audience. Since your audience doesn't need to learn the pattern of Pokemon noises... well, you get the idea.

Other than that, this is good. I can see that your descriptions are really beginning to develop. Being able to describe senses other than pure sight can prove to be a valuable asset to a writer. In fact, you really didn't even describe the scent; you were able to get your characters to do that for you. Good job in that regard. Just watch the pace; slow things down a little. I'm looking forward to the next chapter... and yet another flashback to continue the story! (Nice touch!)

mistysakura
27th April 2004, 07:03 AM
Cool chapter, like the Slugma's uniqueness. I hope it comes into play soon. The flashback was... good. The sounds really helped the description (shivers), so there was just the right combination of sound and visual description. I just think that the flashbacks could be linked to the main story more, because right now they seem to be two separate stories. A link (besides the running away thing) would relaly unite the fic.

Yeah.

DannyBoy
27th April 2004, 10:37 PM
Thanks but right now I doubt I will be finishing this anytime soon. I just felt to get the chapter out there since it was almost finished. I may or may not because I am enjoying Runaway and so are people at other sites...but I still don't know. Who knows???????Even I don't know. Also dor those who have been wondering why I don't read a lot of fics anymore, I just feel this place is going down and a lot of people are gone now. The only writers here are Brit Chris and Venasaur. I changed my name and I disappear, all my readers gone. Soon this is going to be an empty place. I look and the forum is never really updated as much as it used to be.

Powarun
1st May 2004, 09:10 AM
You are correct, and it sucks. But this chapter was pretty good, with the slugma capture and all.

Charles Legend
9th July 2004, 12:57 PM
[COLOR=DarkOrange]Um ImmortalDreams not to be rude but are you Still going to contue this fic? because I want to see what happens in moon city, and if my charater makes an aparance there.

~Ryu [\color]

DannyBoy
9th July 2004, 01:03 PM
Sorry, I wont be continuing this fic. Maybe in the far, far, far, far, far, far....future I might but as of now and this summer, not likely. I am struggling now to get my other fic going since I been lazy and busy but I have writers block on top of everything. I really wanna focus on the fic I am on now and get this one done. Sorry. Plus I got rid of all my info and stuff on this fic.