PDA

View Full Version : Catching up with Chris - From Sequel To Trilogy!

Chris 2.1
18th November 2003, 03:03 PM
Some may cheer (YAY!), some may boo and hiss (GERROFF THIS BOARD!), but I have written a short collection of chapters featuring Chris after the Indigo Road. This continues from the Indigo Road, which continued from From Rookie To Champion, so I strongly suggest reading those to properly understand/like the content of this topic.

So far I have begun writing Ch3, so don't expect frequent updates.

so, welcome to.....PONTARICO! Our adventure begins...

Chapter One
Farewell to the painter (among other things)
By Brit Chris

"Next we add a pinch of salt..." The cook said. "Stir that round in the pan and make sure to whisk thoroughly; the actings all in the wrists, as if you were abusing a child"

Wobbuffet happily cried his name as he hectically spun the whisk round, sending splatters of pancake batter across the kitchen. There was a window-like opening where my friendly, patient Pokemon could peer through, over my head on the leather couch and eisily see the lady on TV giving the next step. Outside, in the reserve, all my Pokemon played around. Pidgeot swooped towards the large Oak Tree in the reserve and clasped his talons around a thick branch my Noctowl was already sleeping on.

"Geot!" Cried the majestic bird, prodding Noctowl with his wing. Noctowl almost pissed himself as he bolted upright in shock.

"VROO! VROO VROO!" Came its shrill voice. He glanced to his left and saw Pidgeot happily giving the 'wing's up". Angered, Noctowl flew off. Noctowl was steadily becoming more and more nocturnal, which was I never took him to Kanto with me two years ago. When I was there, I'd captured a Pidgey (which I nearly KILLED after using an uuber-Smeargle to battle it), and he'd evolved into this healthy alternative to my moochy owl.

I got up, sighing and filling my lungs with air again. While I was at home, Mum had gone shopping with Grandma, who lived with us now after Grandfather Norman passed away, Dad was currently in Celadon; he was on business with a research team. Tim and Suzie were in town, and Brett, my eldest brother (21 years of age) was working as the Gym Leader in Olivine. He said he was coming to stay soon, but, being a member of our family, was VERY sketchy with the details.

Yesterday, I got a letter from 'Adrian Helmsworth', the son of the Professor Helmsworth who lived on the Island. The Professor, after watching an episode of 'Heartbeat', the local sloppy, badly filmed drama about a police force in Wilkshire, had a heart attack and hadn't quite pulled through. Adrian was in charge of the funeral, and had added onto the list the 20 trainers who had started their journies in 2001. Apparently, 2001 was the last year he sent trainers off, so we were, in a sense, his 'last bunch'. Sighing, I remembered my Magby Egg that got stolen by an agent called Jet. I also remember it evolving, as well as working against me so many times. But I had been given Kecleon from another Professor. Thank god we have two Professor's for every trainer nowadays...

This meant I'd get to meet Krystal again, who was training on a secluded Island far away. The last time I was with her was shortly before she left, when I told her about my secret crush on her. However, she shot me down in flames and simply went off with Lance, the promotional figure for Dragon Pokemon. I hadn't made contact with her since, seeing as I never got her number through the year or so we spent together.

Then there was Tony. I knew him well at first, but grew apart from him ever so slightly. He went to work as an Apprentice at Cerulean Gym, and since then, when me and Krystal went to Kanto, we only saw him for a short time. He had caught a Mudkip for his little sister. Awww, bless...

Ok, so after that trip down memory lane I decided to get ready for the reunion of all the Pontarico Trainers. I met most of them whilst competing in the Miami League; there was Jane, a goth girl whose savage Crobat sent my Electabuzz to intensive care, there was Whitney, a tropically-dressed girl with a Starmie. I whupped her in the qualifying round! Erm...Lewis, this chubby, gullable kid who totally fancied Ash Ketchum, there was Dennis, this loser who sorta fancied Krystal. Oh! Erm...what was his name...ROY! He had a Treecko who beat Kecleon up once, but he told me once Treecko evolved into Grovyle, he started becoming more disobedient and ended up losing Roy's match. Roy also had this fat Cacnea...and I'm sure I heard off Suzie he was now training a grass-type team up. Heh, Pidgeot could completely overpower that guy...

Pokeball Belts now held 8 Pokemon, and I could choose out of my many Pokemon; Kecleon, Noctowl, Electabuzz, Umbreon, Dustox, Ivysaur, Wobbuffet, Pidgeot, Seviper, Smeargle, Weezing and Scyther. Ok, so that meant 4 were left out - I could live with that. I took Kecleon, Electabuzz, Seviper, Pidgeot, Umbreon, Dustox, Scyther and Wobbuffet. I registered Wobbuffet in a Pokeball about 2 months back, since he was never actually mine to begin with, but either way, he put his pancake batter in the fridge as I recalled him into his Pokeball.

Before I left, however, I went out into the reserve. I found Smeargle sitting in a deckchair, chatting to Suzie's Sunflora and Wigglytuff. Smeargle once belonged to the Professor Helmsworth's Grandson, Johnathon, but he had gone to University, so I looked after him for Johnathon. Now, Johnathon had returned to Pontarico, and was eager to see his best friend again. He was picking him up later today, when somebody was actually home.

"So...I guess this is it" I said, a tear in my eye. I really would miss his hatred for my Wobbuffet.

"Smear" He grumbled, swatting me away with his paw. He then began talking rather quickly to Sunflora. The flirting wench.

"I'll probably NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN" I boomed.

"Gle"

The beagle sure was cocky.

"Forget it" I grumbled, getting up from my kneeling on one Knee. I walked through the house, locking the doors and whatnot, we didn't want any burglars stealing our Pokemon! I took a spare door key from the hook in the lounge and wandered out the door.

The walk took about 20minutes; I was GOING to ride my ultimately cool Scooter there, but that broke about a month ago. Electabuzz learned Dynamicpunch, and kinda smashed it. Darn. If I still had it, I woulda named this fic "Electric Scooter to Victory!" Although I'm sure I'd have an angry australian after me if I did!

As I neared the magnificent laboratory, I saw a large blob charge at me. I was confused. I was then bumped into by a fat kid, with large blotchy patches of sweat underneath his flabby armpits. He had wavy blonde hair and sparkling green eyes.

"Chris!" He cried. "I remember you! Chris! Chris!"

"Yea, I see you Lewis" I grunted. He looked 13...maybe 14. I was 15 at the moment. It was SUCH a cool age, although the damned cinema ALWAYS asked for my date of birth! I LOOK 15, DAMNIT!

"How have you been?" He inquired, his tongue lolling out the side of his mouth.

"Why don't we just -

I was going to say 'talk later' but Lewis misinterpreted my words.

"Battle? GREAT IDEA!"

He ran a few feet back, drawing a Pokeball from his belt.

"I choose you, Slaking!"

From the ball emerged a 6-foot tall ape-like creature. It had plump, round, chubby fingers and toes and a large gut. Yuck. I had never seen this Pokemon in real life; they thrived in a place called Hoenn. A league had opeend up there about three years ago, and apparently it was SO tacky and full of tourists.

"You been to Hoenn?" I asked casually.

"Yea! I went there, and then I got lost in this forest for three weeks! and I had to eat leaves and Wurmple poop, and then I met this guy who said he was a professor. He had a van full of cages and nets, and he also had a rifle! He told me all the best trainers go to Hoenn and leave all their other Pokemon behind, so I gave him ALL my old Pokemon except Snorlax! And he said he'd call me when they're ready to be picked up, but he didn't give me a telephone number! Isn't that weird, Chris?"

God, this guy couldn't half talk. He sounded as if he'd been mugged by a poacher...I decided my own Pidgeot would probably be pretty good against Slaking. I grabbed the ball, maximised it and prepared to throw it forward.

"Pidgeot!" I cried. From my ball, the massive bird emerged, flapping into the air and facing Slaking. This match LOOKED juicy!

"Pidgeot, go for a quick attack!" I ordered. "Then follow up with fury attack"

Pidgeot shot through the air, a silvery streak shooting behind him. He smashed into Slaking, who scratched his arse lazily. Pidgeot then tore forward and began jousting at the filthy ape with his beak numerous times. Slaking, however, drove his fist forward and smashed it into Pidgeot's face. Pidgeot squaked and swooped up into the sky, looking rather displeased.

"Ok, Slaking! That's a good job!" Lewis cried, trying to recall the Pokemon. However, Slaking turned and roared very loudly. I could even see Lewis slowly get driven backwards by the force of Slaking's voice. "Try a mega punch!"

Roaring, Slaking held his massive paw back as it began to glow. He then thrust it forward at Pidgeot, who swooped back with his powerful wings. Slaking then pushed off from the ground and smashed Pidgeot in the skull with his attack. Pidgeot dropped down, but picked back up and soared into the sky.

"Steel wing!" I cried. Wings glowing, Pidgeot tore through the sky and collided with Slaking. Slaking roared as he fell down, like King Kong when he was killed. There was a large cloud of dust that rose from the tremour Slsking created. He slowly began to rise and roared out loud. Pidgeot surveyed the scene from the sky.

"Slaking! Flamethrower!" Lewis shouted. He was sweating uncontrollably, and his face was now a blotchy red, making him look like a tomato in a wig. Slaking blasted a firey jet of blazing streaks through the air, but Pidgeot eisily evaded them. However, while Slaking blasted these, it made it difficult for us to attack.

"Pidgeot...we can't get past the flames, so use a whirlwind" I said responsibly. Aha! suck on that, Lewis! Pidgeot flapped a collossal blast of wind, which, as Slaking blasted a flamethrower, was sent back by the wind and torched Slaking's arse. He hobbled around, roaring and groaning. It was a damned funny sight! While he was weak, we cut in with the last attack:

"Skull bash!"

Pidgeot tore down and smashed into Slaking, before pulling back up and darting over to me. Slaking simply collapsed from the attack, leaving Lewis to shoot the Pokeball beam at him and return him.

"Good job" He replied quickly. "Fancy another round? Ok? Good! GO POOCHYENA!"

His next ball released a cute little wolf pup. I'd seen these before; a guy in Viridian Forest called...erm...Mack, yea, he had one. It was pretty easy; I knocked its tooth out. Anyway, I recalled Pidgeot and wondered what I could send out. Maybe test out Scyther? Yea...

"Go Scyther!" I cried.

Scyther emerged, slashing the air and spinning round. What a show-off!

"Poochyena, go for a quick attack!" Lewis ordered.

"Grrr....arf! arf!" Cried the Pokemon, darting forward at Scyther. Scyther held a blade up and sliced it down like an axe at an execution. Poochyena leapt back in retalliation as the blade drove into the ground. Scyther yanked it out and began attacking again, this time by flapping its wings and carrying itself forward.

"SCY!" Came the mantis' roar. Truth be told, this guy was kinda scary and I hadn't trained him as much as everybody else. I knew he had slash, swords dance, skull bash...I'd have to get him checked out sometime. Oh! FURY CUTTER!

"Go! Fury Cutter, Scyther!" I cried in sucession. Scythes glowing a leafy green, Scyther swept forward and delivered a series of ninja-style slashes. Poochyena, however, saw this as a kind of game, leaping and snapping his jaws angrily, while wearing a weak smile on his face. However, Scyther flapped back and kicked the puppy down, before slashing it again with its scythe.

"Poochy!" Lewis cried. "Return"

He shot the ball and took the Pokemon back. I stood with Scyther by my side. Pride wasn't the word.

"Great job..." He said. "I guess I have a lot to learn..."

"Yea, well it does sound as if you gave your Pokemon to a poacher" I sighed, rolling my eyes. Lewis didn't hear me.

"I came outside to wait for Krystal" Lewis said, blushing. "I was thinking now is the time to...you know...pop the question..."

"Ask her out?" I blurted. "WHAT? Lewis, I asked her out and she turned ME down!"

"Well, I can see why she turned you down" Lewis said, eyeballing me. The nerve! THE LITTLE S.O.B! I'll butcher him good.... "But I think me and her just...click, you know? Maybe you're too SPOTTY for a girlfriend..."

"Hey!" I cried, feeling my forehead for that large spot I saw this morning. The damned thing wouldn't pop, so I tried using Suzie's concealer to hide it. I guess it hadn't worked...

"...But I myself think I'm ready for a WOMAN" Lewis remarked, with a perverted blaze in his pupils. I stepped back.

"That's great" I muttered. "I'm going to the laboratory"

I left that stupid creep alone, wandering to the lab to meet some old friends. I would have gladly waited for Krystal, but I want to look casual and laid-back, even though I'm SO nervous!

Ok, so I wandered to the laboratory, with a big banner saying "WEELCUM (awful spelling...I hear Adrain is dyslexic... TRAINES OV 2001". I went inside, and saw loads of people, if I was right, about 17, drinking champagne (WTF?) and chatting to each other. I remember Whitney; she was wearing a nice hawaiian skirt, a straw hat and pretty straw-ish sandals. She had a white t-shirt on with 'Whatever' in black, bold text.

"Hey Whitney" I said happily.

"AAAIIIIIII!" She screamed. "HE HAS A SCYTHER! AAAIIIIIII!"

So I quickly recalled Scyther and tried smiling through my embaressment.

"Nice lip ring, though" She added, gracing it with her finger.

"Thanks" I replied back. "So how are the Pokemon?"

"Ok thanks" She said back. "I got this AMAZING Pokemon! By the way, I just train Water AND Grass types, so its like a Bi-type team! Anyway, this Pokemon's a Ludicolo, it's just KOOL!"

She pulled out a ball. It was a turqoiuse colour. She arched her arm, brought it swinging forward and threw the ball up into the air. It burst open by the hinge, revealling what was simply a Pineapple in a sombrero.

"Ludo! Lu-lu-lu!" It cried, in a tootling voice. It started hopping from one leg to the other frantically, clapping 'happy birthday to you' and murmuring its name. However, as it turned, it saw a buffet table laden with plates and food.

"No, Ludicolo!" Whitney began. Turning to me, she said, "He's been watching Jackasss and think's it's GREAT, but he causes SO much trouble! LUDICOLO NO!!!"

Whitney made a dive for the Pokemon, but it raced at the table and surfed down a metal tray past the food, knocking it and smashing plates, scattering food and sending Pokemon scampering to the scene to try and get a meal. Ludicolo then smashed into a wall at the end of the table and collapsed.

"LUDICOLO!" Came the roar of Whitney, as she stomped over there. "RETURN!"

Everybody was chatting about what happened, including Roy. He was the guy with Treecko; he had brown spiked hair and a cap without a...cap part, it was more of a cap bill that clipped around the back of his head. Today he was wearing cream cargo trousers, chunky shoes and a blue tye-dye t-shirt. He had a Cacnea by his side, which was guzzling down on a jacket potato.

"Chris, is that you?" Roy asked, squinting at me (although he was, now and then, stuffing his face with cocktail sossages).

"Yea, nice to meet you" I said happily. "Still got Cacnea? It's been about three years"

"NEA!" The Pokemon yelped, leaping at me. It clamped around my arm and injected its needles in, giving me a numbing, aching sting. It leapt off and investigated a pile of cheese and pineapple chunks on sticks, guzzling and spitting the cocktail sticks out.

"I don't think he wants to evolve..." Roy told me dully. "But I participated in the Indigo League about four months ago"

"How did that go?" I asked.

"Well I came in the top 8..." He said shamefully. "Thing is, they've never even SEEN Cacnea before, or Grovyle, not in Kanto. Grovyle was in my last match, and FAKED fainting so I lost. I was against a friggin' Poliwhirl"

"Shame" I murmured. "Well I was in Kanto about 2 years ago, I got a few badges and trained a bit...I didn't feel like anything big or important. Since then I've just been at the Battle Park, training and stuff. Although last year we went to Barcelona, my Mum caught a Sharpedo on the beach..."

"Can you use it?" Roy asked keenly.

"If I want...but it's kinda vicious" I replied back. That actually did give me the incentive to try battling with it...when I returned home, I'd let Wobbuffet cook again, he wanted to make some pancakes anyway, so I could take Sharpedo and wipe the floor...hehe...mwa-ha-ha-haHA!

"What was that for?" Roy questioned.

"What?"

"That evil, demonic laugh" Roy replied.

Crap. I didn't THINK laughing, I did an evil laugh. God help me. Then, I had a wicked idea. I grabbed a great ball from my belt and opened it. The light hit the ground and formed into my faithful, social Seviper.

"Tell anyone, and taste poison" I purred. "I have a social life, damnit!"

"We don't take threats too well" Roy growled. "CACNEA! Pin missile!"

Leaping into the air, and spikes brimming white, Cacnea blasted a series of explosive pins at Seviper. Seviper lunged out the way as the buffet table blew up. People screamed and ran towards the corner of the room as Cacnea charged at Seviper. Seviper then spat an acid forward, which unfortunately dissolved what looked like a reception desk. Seviper then swung a poison tail down at Cacnea, who leapt to avoid it.

"STOP!" A voice boomed. A shrivelled man emerged from the back room. He had broken glasses, ruffled, messy, greasy brown hair and a mole on his gaping forehead. "I'm Adrian Helmsworth...come to order! AHEM!"

He had a very trampled voice.

"Ahem, excuse me? PEOPLE! PEOPLE! SETTLE DOWN!"

"We have" Kate pointed out, in her camoflague attire. She was going for the siberian look, with whites, fawns and light colours. A Nuzleaf was at her side. "It's those two, they're both at each other's throats"

"I choose you Hypno!" Adrian called. A muscly Hypno emerged, holding its pendulum and staring at us both down its long, pointed nose. However, as Cacnea released a shriek, Hypno cowered behind Adrian, scared witless.

"SEVIPER! Flamethrower!" I shouted.

"Cacnea, go for a Solarbeam!" Roy commanded.

"STOP!" A voice boomed, as the double doors burst open. There was a figure in the doorway, her two bunches of hair fluttering either side of her face. She wore a billowing cape, and had SOMETHING by her side, it was a round thing with legs. I could just see her shadow.

"Shellgon, go! Endure" Came the sweet voice, with so much determination in it. The white, encased creature bound forward through the crowd, who watched in fascination. Shellgon ran inbetwen Seviper and Cacnea, and, glowing white, absorbed the Solarbeam and the Flamethrower in its hard shell. As I turned, I saw the figure walk into the room. As I did, I saw a trembling Lewis behind her, and Kimi wandering in, too.

"Chris..." Krystal said, shaking her head. She had a hand on her hip. "You always were too rash"

In Ch2...

-A BIG battle,
-Small Pokemon
-A laugh? I doubt it
-Calvin

Thanks, y'all

Zee Sage
18th November 2003, 03:51 PM
ITS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111 Finally Its here, great first chapter, I fear Chris is turning into a new Calvin and EVIL! Cant wait char chapter 2 :) :) :)!

Dragonfree
18th November 2003, 07:04 PM
WHEEEEE!!! FSTT!!!!!

I've been wondering what kept you. The change from the dark TIR to the seemingly very humourous FSTT is weird. I especially liked "I would have named this fic Electric Scooter To Victory, but then I'd have had a certain Australian after me". Nice! Also the evil laughter, that was great too. I can just imagine standing in front of Chris while he's thinking something and he suddenly goes "Mwahahahaha!"... it would sound crazy.

Anyways, the start is great! Me want more.:yes:

Oakbark
19th November 2003, 02:07 PM
Wow. I like it.

It's fresh, original and your technique has improved somewhat.
Loved the battles, and Krystal's entrance was nice.
Ugh. Kimi. I hate that girl.
But for some reason I like May on the anime, since I heard her voice-over. Strange.

Later!

Oakbark. (nearly used Chris as my signature. I'm going crazy...:rolleyes: )

Chris 2.1
19th November 2003, 04:03 PM
Yay, replies:

Zee Sage: Hehe, you're excited! Chis, turn evil? Hehe, I doubt that very much! He's 15 now, a little more immature, hehe, so i doubt he'd have the sense to turn evil. Calvin returns next Chapter, so keep your peepers peeled!

Dragonfree: yea, darkness and despair isn't the way to leave...you want to leave with happiness and smiles etc etc, so that's the approach I've taken for this collection. I'm glad you liked it; did you like Scyther's Battle?

Oakbark: Oh, thankyou verymuch. Krystal's entrance was sorta heroic, and in this she's portrayed very heroically, as if she were a celebrity, almost. Chris is just a dope :-p
What's wrong with Kimi, neways?

Thanks for the feedback folks. Ch2...........another day.....lol. Ch3 still under progress....and thats all from me.

Chris

Ultra_Poke2000
22nd November 2003, 04:03 PM
that was a pretty nice chapter. now we finnaly find out what Chris's been doing all these years. that was funny when he did the evil laugh out loud. LOL! heh heh, "Chris is just a dope." poor Chris, what did he ever do to you?

Chris: ya, what did i ever do to you?

how'd you get here?

Chris: i dunno. o well.

*does that "shifty eyes" thing where you make your eyes into slits and look from side to side, then runz*

Chris 2.1
22nd November 2003, 04:39 PM
Ultra_Poke2000: lol, thankyou. There's a lot of funny references in this fanfic, and I've also begun to make litle lovey-dovey parts for some characters........hehe, its so fun playing god...

I'm also writing a team list for each character because 7 trainers=8PKMN each = 72 Pokemon = VERY confusing, it will help me remember what is what and who has who/what......I won't show you guys though because that would spoil everything ;)

Ultra_Poke2000
23rd November 2003, 03:02 PM
crikey! (crocodile hunter style) 72 pkmn! dassalot! (that's a lot) well, since you cant show us the team list cuz it has spoilers, i'll just have to wait wont i? dnag! (sp on purpose) ok, now im gonna have to make a plan to figure it out. *thinks 4 a while* i'll get back to you on that. bye!

Powarun
23rd November 2003, 09:33 PM
I will start my first reply with a complaint
[Quote]she shot me down in flames and simply went off with Lance[end Quote]. I don't fell that was enough detail, Chris was a little more heartbroken, than that. Other than that the story is going well. Lewis was probally the best sub character in this chapter, trying to get Krystal, and how he explains his pokemon were stolen, a classic.

I liked what I read, and I will say keep it up.

Well you did it again Shiny marril, another great opening to a fic, good job, now lets hope that computer of yours doesn't blow up, and please for the sake of our humanity put it on a floppy, or two.

Chris 2.1
24th November 2003, 01:47 PM
Ultra: Hehe well, if you remember I introduced an 8-Pokemon belt in the Indigo Road, which gave Dustox and Smeargle some nice spotlight. Well Dustox is still here, and I'm planning an interesting feud with one of Lewis' Pokemon...

Powarun: Deary me, well you may be right, but Chris wants to literally bury that memory. He's heartbroken, but he'll get all weepy if he goes into more detail, anyway. Beware! I've planned a lot of romance in this, for Chris and other characters!

Ch2 may come soon, dunno really. I'll think about it, as Ch3 is nearing ccompletion

War Raichu
25th November 2003, 01:39 PM
Man, it's been a real long while! :) Chris, awesome first chapter! I can't wait for the next one!

Chris 2.1
27th November 2003, 10:06 AM
Raichu: Hey again! Nice to see you! *hugs* welcme, welcome. Now, since I'm in a good mood, and Ch3 is finished, i'll post Chapter two up for you! Thanks!

Chapter Two
Enter Krystal, the Taming beauty
By Brit Chris

Krystal raced through the parted 'crowd' and appeared, with Shellgon, inbetween myself and Roy. She turned to me.

"Honestly, we're hear to reunite and get to re-aquainte ourselves" She said, her voice irritated and snappy. "Don't go and get at each other's throats like last time"

"Sorry" I said, as did Roy. I recalled Seviper, but Roy simply picked his Cacnea up, who had potato all over his mouth. Krystal, looking pretty disgusted with me, released her Swablu, who perched on her head. She led Shellgon to the buffet table, which was pretty battered and smashed.

Afterwards, and after people mingled with each other again, I approached Krystal. She was picking some cheesy nibbles from the splintered wreckage of the table. Swablu turned, and upn seeing me, flapped her wings happily and shot at me. She pecked my hair, rearranging it as if she were making a nest, but Krystal eisily took her friend back and placed her on her head.

"Sorry about before" I said quietly. She didn't look up.

"Maybe you should be sorry to the people you harmed, instead of me" She said snootily. I felt myself deepen in redness. I cleared my throat while Krystal picked splinters from her cake.

"So how is Dragon Rock?"

"It's great" She said, turning to me, with a perfectly glazed smile. It was as if the scuffle with Roy hadn't even occured. "I mean, it's beautiful scenery, and a perfectly clear crystal lake, with lots of trainers with really strong Dragon Pokemon..."

She suddenly paused.

"What about you? What have the past two years been like?"

"Oh, well I've just been training...I got work at that deli bar in town, it's pretty scabby but they pay me well, erm, I go to that battle park they just built, that's fairly good. Oh, and I go to SCHOOL, remember that? I'm studying English Literature and Art"

"Great!" Krystal cried. "I came into town yesterday, and I've just been hanging around with Kimi. She went to Hoenn with Brock and that Ash twat, well she's been competing in contest houses and won 5 ribbons. They are...smart, cute, beauty, strength and something else...anyway, she's going to Kanto soon, she's gonna set up her own set of contest houses"

"Cool" Was all I could think about. "So, Bagon evolved?"

"Yea, to Shellgon" Krystal replied happily. "Thing is, he won't evolve into Salamenace for a long time.... Swablu doesn't seem to want to evolve, either, so I thought she could go with Kimi to Kanto, She can help in cute contests"

"Yea" I said. "My Mum caught a Sharpedo, and she said I can use it if I want!"

"Hehe" Krystal chuckled. "Bet it's pretty scary, though"

"I could handle it" I replied, trying to flex my muscles. I looked stupid, I felt stupid...I was just a joke.

"Chris...you don't have to...'put on a show for me', you know. You don't have to act so macho, because I know you're not being yourself. I can't stop thinking about your last words to me"

"What, 'I could handle it'?" I asked.

"No, on Fuchsia pier" Krystal said lightly. "That you...fancied me"

"Oh"

"Look, this is getting too depressing" Krystal said lightly. "Do you wanna come and find Calvin? I'm sure I saw him before..."

"Yea"

Truth be told, I felt so awkward before. It was as if, for a brief second, I believed she'd actually say something along the lines of "I've reconsidered and realised my love for you" or something. My heart sank as she suggested finding Calvin. I'd really lost contact with him; his Mother said he was working on an Island quite far away, and he had obviously got a new mobile because his old number didn't work. Darn.

We went past aisles of people, people who'd try getting my attention, I felt like a washed up celebrity with this amount of attention! I saw Whitney again, I saw Jane, that goth girl. She had a Banette with a large bible under its arm. It also had a cross around its neck. She waved, which I returned.

Together, we walked outside and saw the verdant, fresh grass before us.

"I can't see him anywhere" Krystal sighed.

"He can't have come" I said emptily. I felt kinda weird...I didn't really want to SEE him anyway, he seems sorta self-centered now anyway.

"Oh, I came, alright" Came a rapt, darkened voice. I figured it was Calvin, since he answered Krystal's question in the first person. We turned, and saw Calvin appear from the back of the building. He looked the same...except for his swish leather jacket. SOMEONE was a fan of the Matrix....

"Nice to see you again, Chris, Krystal" Calvin said.

"Well someone seems somewhat poetic and mysterious" I replied. "Like the loner in a film who ends up shooting everybody"

"Indeed" Calvin said. "Say, Chris, how about a battle? What a great way for a reunion!"

"Erm..." I began. Krystal butted in.

"I will, I'm a qualified, certified Dragon Mage, and I'd LOVE to battle an old friend" She said. Calvin, who wore a pair of silver shades, took them off and surveyed Krystal. He gave a brief nod, and pulled out a red and white pokeball. I noticed he had three red and white, and five purply black ones.

"I choose Typhlosion!" Roared Calvin, sending the first Pokemon out. From the ball emregd his powerful, vicious starter. It roared loudly, its flame collar blazing and shooting up. Krystal plucked a Pokeball from her belt and released it.

"Go Charizard!"

Her prime fighter emerged and started roaring, too. The two fire Pokemon stared at each other and began to battle.

"Typhlosion, go for a take down" Calvin roared. Typhlosion got on all fours and raced forward. He ran at Charizard, who flew into the air. Typhlosion then leapt into the air, grabbing Charizard's tail, and threw the lizard back down.

"Now use beat up"

Typhlosion began pummelling Charizard manically. Charizard did his best to block the punches, but his efforts were failing. Charizard was getting pushed further and further back, but upon Krystal's command, released a flamethrower in Typhlosion's face. Now, Charizard swung his tail around and smashed it into Typhlosion's face.

"Typhlosion...go for a karate chop, now!" Calvin shouted. Typhlosion began chopping, swishing and flicking his paws forward, but Charizard's slinky neck enabled it to avoid and evade all the hits. Charizard then roared, releasing a torrent of flames as he shot into the sky.

"Charizard! Seismic toss!"

Charizard raced forward, attempting to grab Typhlosion. He was slowly hoisted into the air, but began lashing and trying to escape. Soon, Charizard had to cancel the attack, while Typhlosion landed on the ground with a thump. Typhlodion roared loudly, before beginning to create a shadow ball. In didn't know they could learn shadow ball!

"ROOA!" Came the roar of the beast. Firing the ball, Typhlosion leapt back as Charizard was engulfed by a silky purple energy. Roaring, Charizard dropped down, unable to take anymore punishment.

"Charizard" Krystal cried. She held her Pokeball out, but Calvin drew a purple Pokeball, too.

"Return"

He fired a black beam from the ball, which hit Charizard. Amazingly, the beam absorbed Charizard, vaporised him and drew him inside in the span of a few seconds. Krystal shouted out as Calvin put the ball away.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Came her hysteric scream.

"Hehe" Calvin grinned. He recalled Typhlosion in a normal Pokeball, although normal was becoming increasingly hard to define as I stood in the sweltering sun. He got out a fresh, red and white Pokeball and hurled it out. From the almighty white glow came a Mightyena - a wolf Pokemon, black, white and grey in colour. It growled ferociously as saliva trickled down its sharp, yellowing fangs.

"GIVE MY CHARIZARD BACK!" Krystal screamed. "NOW!"

"This isn't funny" I said, as severe as I could.

"Oh, I KNOW that" Calvin smirked. "Mightyena, go for a take down"

Soon, the hound began charging at us. I leapt back as I thought of who to choose. Someone fresh...Kecleon would get creamed sizewise, so I selected Electabuzz' Pokeball. Stretching, I threw ther ball forward. Electabuzz materialized infront of me. He flexed his arms and roared. I realised speed was a necessity, and I clasped his Pokeball firmly in my hand, for as soon as I saw any of those purple balls, I'd recall my friend.

"Thunderbolt, go" I commanded darkly. From his body, my electric soldier blasted a massive shockwave of electric energy, which arched through the air and shot down at Mightyena. He raced forward and evaded the attack, before tackling Electabuzz. Electabuzz skidded back and launched a series of punches in retalliation. Mightyena leapt back to evade each one, before barking loudly and bolting forward at my Pokemon.

"THUNDERWAVE!"

Electabuzz emitted a warming, sharp, vibrant glow and upon touching my faithful companion, Mightyena was enveloped in a shocking blast, causing it to shoot back and skid against the ground.

"Still strong, Chris" Calvin muttered. "MIGHTYENA, QUICK ATTACK!"

Shooting forward like a blur, Mightyena shot into Electabuzz and knocked him down. Calvin grinned and pulled out a Pokeball. It was purple. Oh god. I took my Pokeball from my hand and shot the beam at Electabuzz, calling him back into safety.

"Damn you" Calvin snapped. "Mightyena, roar"

Roaring, Mightyena sent a black energy around the Pokeball, the Pokeball I held tightly in my sweaty hand. The black energy then caused the ball to burst open and showed Electabuzz in white light as he was dragged back out.

"No!" I cried. However, I heard some loud angry roars, and as I turned, saw Jane, Whitney, Kimi, Lewis and Adam running at us. Jane wore the same violet drapes her black hair was in a plump bun and her green eyes shone brightly, while Kimi seemed kitted out in her tight shorts, yellow bumbag, Pokeball print Bandana and her red shirt. Adam, who I didn't even KNOW, wore a pair of baggy jeans, a rusted-effect t-shirt and had a pair of shades on. He seemed pretty mr.cool, although he entered the league after passing three tests on Pokemon and recieving three certified badges. Show-off.

"GET BACK!" Came Kimi's cry. "Or take on all 7 of us"

"Typhlosion, Mightyena" Calvin croaked. "ATTACK!"

After releasing his Typhlosion again, the two of Calvin's Pokemon rushed towards the trainers.

"Pupitar!" Adam shouted. "Bullet Tackle!"

Pupitar shot forward after sparkling silver. He smashed into Typhlosion, before burrowing underground so Typhlosion couldn't grab him. Calvin looked worried. He drew another Pokeball from his belt.

"Go Absol!"

His third Pokemon emerged, which looked deadly. The Absol my Pokemon fought against was amazingly strong, and that was wild; seeing one trained and tamed, posessing such strength before capture, must show Calvin can really train.

"Abusoru" Came the cry.

"ALL OUT ATTACK!"

Absol ripped Lewis' sleeve, causing the boy to squeal in protest. He drew a Pokeball from his belt and threw it forward. A strange, fat rabbit appeared. It was purple, with strange eyes, and had floppy ears.

"WHISMA!" It screamed. "WHIIIIIIIIIIISMA!"

"Why don't you bloody whisper" Jane sighed. "Duskull, attack!"

"Go Electabuzz" I ordered.

"You're up, Espeon!" Kimi roared. After the Espeon emerged, Krystal snorted. "That's MY Pokemon! Hurt it and I'll hurt you..."

"Go Bayleef" Whitney said proudly, releasing an affectionate little madam.

"AMPHAROS! I choose you!" Krystal shouted. Together, Electabuzz, Ampharos, Duskull, Whismur, Bayleef, Pupitar and Espeon formed. Electabuzz and Ampharos blasted an assisted thunderbolt, Pupitar sent a shower of rocks falling on the group, Duskull and Espeon sent psywaves from their jewels and Bayleef sent a razor leaf at the Pokemon. The three were peppered back by the force and seemed thoroughly beaten. Whismur was bouncing around happily.

"Absol, sudden death" Calvin uttered. Absol leapt high and sent a blue shockwave from its blade. It homed on towards Whismur, but Espeon charged infront of it. She was hit and thrown back against Kimi, and the two fell down. Whismur bounced around still. Calvin drew a purple Pokeball.

"NO!" Krystal screamed. But it was too late. The ball had left Calvin's grip and homed on towards Espeon. Krystal turned as her lavender coloured feline, unconcious on Kimi's stomach, was absorbed by the ball. The ball, now full, shot back to Calvin.

"ESPEON! NO!" Krystal screamed. Kimi watched effortlessly. "YOU BASTARD!"

"Names won't get her back" Calvin growled. "Sudden death, again. KEEP IT UP! Mightyena, go for Ampharos with headbutt, and Typhlosion, send a Heat Wave around the group!"

Given their attacks, the Pokemon obeyed. Kimi released a Beautifly. It shot through the air with such grace, but Typhlosion's firey blasts shot through the air and set her wing alight. Beautifly was screaming as she flapped around frantically. Ampharos leapt to evade a headbutt, while Electabuzz delivered a dynamicpunch and smashed the wolf back. Both blasted a thunderbolt and knocked it out.

"Bayleef, solarbeam" Whitney ordered. Crying out, Bayleef sent the greenish beam of sunlight through the air. Typhlosion ignited a fist and slammed it into the attack, wearing it out. Bayleef was now exhausted after consuming such energy, and swayed to and fro. Absol used a sudden death and knocked her out.

"Haha! Absol, aim for Electabuzz, he's weak, remember? Typhlosion, use Flamethrower on Duskull" Calvin cried.

"ELECTABUZZ! THUNDERBOLT!"

Electabuzz blasted an attack, but the sudden death blade cut through the electric and smashed into Electabuzz. Calvin drew two Pokeballs and hurled them forward at Bayleef and Electabuzz.

"NO!"

I roared with fury. What could I do? GET THE BALLS! I couldn't, really. I then thought of Wobbuffet. He would do brilliantly! I grabbed his ball from my belt, and released Wobbuffet. Now Calvin would feel the pain of his own attacks...

"Wobba!" Came his cry.

"Typhlosion, flamethrower" Calvin cried. Now, Duskull had floated into the sky, scared of the attacks.

"Come on, Duskull" Jane said, her voice fierce in a somewhat strange, caring way. "USE NIGHTSHADE!"

Two streaks of purple energy were jaggered from Duskull's paws. They charged down at Typhlosion, but as it was a long-range attack, it was easy to evade.Typhlosion clutched a fireball in his right paw and hurled it. Duskull just wasn't able to attack Typhlosion. I got the impression Jane's FIRST Pokemon would be GOOD...meh, sue me...

"Duskull..." Jane wept. "RETURN!"

She recalled her Pokemon and released something else.

"Murkrow! Go! Use a sky attack!"

Murkrow shot forward from the sky and sent Typhlosion flying back. Jane smirked as Murkrow perched on her arm.

"Absol, sudden death" Calvin croaked, pointing at us. This was our chance!"

"Cou -

Wobbuffet screamed an unusual scream as the lightening fast blade smashed into him. He skidded back at my feet, showing a weatherworn and defeated expression. He made me look totally embaressing. I recalled him quickly.

"See? You can't keep fighting" Calvin rasped. "Absol, white lightening"

There was a shattering noise, and Absol's blade glowed. He roared as he stood boldly. Large streaks of electrical energy bolted into the ground, shocking whoever was close. Pupitar was struck, Murkrow was shocked and Whismur simply became fried. The three lay there, severely beaten, as did Ampharos, who had tried fighting back, and Beautifly, who was simply not cut out for battling.

"RETURN!" The trainers cried.

"Damnit, I wanted that Pupitar" Calvin growled. "Mightyena! TACKLE ADAM!"

"No" Adam spat. "GO Swellow! PROTECT!"

His amazing swallow-thing flapped a large star infront of itself and Adam. Mightyena forced itself against the barrier. It was thrown back, and later Swellow darted forward and attacked it. Mightyena looked pretty worn, so Typhlosion raced at the blue bird. However, Swellow soared into the air and blasted a fury attack forward, sending darts of energy into Typhlosion. Typhlosion had an injured arm, but carried on firing the flamethrower. Swellow ducked under it and smashed into Typhlosion, too.

"Return!" Calvin shouted, recalling Typhlosion AND Mightyena. He looked at Absol. "Take the group down with an Ancientpower"

We held our ground. I knew I couldn't send a Pokemon out, the chances were it would get captured. I knew Calvin must only have one Pokeball left...but I was still not releasing anything. Swellow was the only one out.

"Oh, god" Krystal sighed. "GO Steelix!"

The large iron snake emerged, roaring and spinning its segments. Absol released a mass erruption of boulders, rocks and pebbles, which shot forward at Steelix. He held his Tail up to defend, and Swellow dived to attack.

"Absol, TACKLE"

Absol ran headfirst into Swellow. He fell to the ground. Calvin drew a Pokeball, so Krystal had Steelix lift Swellow up with its tail. Adam then recalled it. He threw out a Manectric, while Whitney sent out a Cloyster.

"CLOYSTER! ICE BEAM!" Came her angry cry. "DO IT FOR BAYLEEF!"

Lewis then grabbed a ball and released a Lotad.

"YAY LOTAD!" He screamed. "Water gun!"

The strange duckweed Pokemon fired the blast of water, which did, overall, very little damage to Absol. It launched itself into the air and smashed into the water/grass combo. However, Absol was struck by the ice beam, its joints frozen. Manectric blasted a thunderbolt and finally finished off the devestating Pokemon.

"Absol!" Calvin cried. "...Return"

He recalled his Pokemon and grinned.

"If I had 6 friends we'd have won" He grinned.

"Calvin, give our Pokemon back!" I demanded. "I thought you were my friend..."

"Yea! You're one of us!" Whitney roared. "How can you resort to taking away the peices from our past?"

"I do what I want" Calvin said simply. "But now...this reunion must end. I have a life outside Pontarico, you know. Farewell"

Calvin turned, but I grabbed his shoulder.

"Screw your farewell" I snapped. "SCREW IT! GIVE MY ELECTABUZZ BACK!"

"AND MY BAYLEEF!" Whitney roared. "Cloyster, water gun!"

Cloyster blasted the attack but Calvin turned and ran. I gave chase. I ran after Calvin as he began to head through town. He didn't look back as i charged at him. He began to get the better of me; sprinting wasn't my forte, and I slowly lagged behind as Electabuzz, Charizard, Bayleef and Espeon drew further away from me.

"No..." I gasped, merely jogging as Calvin pressed on. "NO!!! GET BACK! THAT BOY HAS MY POKEMON!"

I turned behind me to see Jane sitting on the back of a Gengar as it soared through the sky after Calvin. I saw Krystal and Whitney behind me, each looking flustered, but with the strength to continue. Where was Kimi? Where was Adam? Where was Lewis?

"CALVIN!" I roared, suddenly turning. He had disapeared. I hobbled along through the town, shouting for him, as Jane swooped ahead. Krystal and Whitney panted and stopped by me as we recovered by a large fountain. Through the crystal-clear water, small glints from bright pennies flashed proudly.

"No..." Krystal wept. "NO!"

"Bayleef..." Whitney whimpered. "My darling Bayleef"

"Charizard...Espeon..." Krystal sniffed. "HELP US!"

"Jane's chased Calvin" I told the girls. "I hope she gets that scumbag"

I heard a familliar voice. Turning I saw my mum, kitted in her uniform, coming around the corner.

"What are you doing here, honey?" She asked. "What's wrong, Krystal?"

I explained to her about Calvin. Ok, so while I was in Kanto, Mum went to this training place and earned heaps of qualifications, and then she joined the POLICE ACADEMY. I mean, WTF? She's an easy mug target.... Anyway, now she works as a Policewoman in Pontarico. It's pretty convinient.

"Where is he heading?" She asked. "Growlithe, come on!"

The Growlithe by her side barked and the two ran through town. Us three followed, as the crowd parted and whatnot. We ran through town, out town, to the outskirts, past the outskirts and even headed off through the forest. As we came out, we saw the shoreline. Jane was sitting on the floor, head in her arms.

"Jane!" Cried Krystal, running over. "Jane, what happened?"

"I-it was awful!" She cried. "I used G-gengar's s-shadow ball to stop him, but he released ch-charizard! It had dark eyes and was very strong. Gengar wasn't a m-match for it! A-and then he threw a 5th dark ball at Gengar and c-captured him!"

"He got away..." mum said sorrowfully. "Jane, how did he escape?"

"There was a speedboat on the beach" Jane whimpered helplessly. The poor thing...she must feel awful. "There was a Tangela driving it...with its vines"

"Yea, that's Calvin's Pokemon" I pointed out helpfully. Well, nobody replied. Cheeky beggars...

"He must be working for the Black Market" Krystal pointed out. "Why don't we send out water Pokemon after the boat?"

"We could, yes" Mum said. "Sharpedo, GO HONEY!"

From her Lure Ball came the angry shark.

"SHARSHARSHAR!" Came its unhealthy roar.

"Honey, go find a speedboat with a 15-year old kid in it. There should be a Tangela driving, too" Said my Mum. "He's wearing a leather jacket, has ruffled, maple-brown hair and...green-no-brown...erm...and has eyes. Ok? EYES"

"Wait!" Krystal cried, getting two Pokeballs out. "GO! DEWGONG, KINGDRA!"

My mouth was left hanging as a fluffy white Dewgong emerged into the water. It cried the last part of its name in a childish voice. I remembered Krystal's Seel being stolen...

"I got Seel back! THEY GOT DANE!" Krystal cried happily. "And I trained him a LOT. Kingdra, Dewgong, go with Sharpedo. Kingdra, you remember Calvin? You're looking for him"

"Da-doo!" Kingdra croaked. He swam off, as did Dewgong and Sharpedo. Whitney sent Cloyster and a Gyarados, too. The five went off in search of Calvin. Meanwhile, Mum got out a set of keys from her Pocket.

"We'll be pursuing them by boat, of course" She smirked.

"What?" I asked. "You have a police boat?"

"Well no, but this is the master key, it fits any ignition to a Delux Speedking Speedboat" She replied.

She took us around the side of the Island, only a five minute walk mind you, and we got to a pier. There was a fat fisherman with a Poliwag and Tentacool, who was in his Delux Speedking. Mum told Growlithe to bite him. Hehe. Mum got the man off the boat and gave him the breathaliser; she had apparently warned him earlier. He failed! How lucky. Mum did tell me, away from the man, that she had let him off as he wasn't actually drink-sailing, but she accused him of trying it any minute. She rang headquarters and told an officer to take him to the station for a 'small talk', while she attended unfinished business. She invited the seven of us onto the boat; it was two-storey and looked more of a fishing cruiser! We all clambered aboard as Mum set off to find Calvin with us. And so began our wee 'quest', as it shall henceforth be known...

Chapter3:
-A trading card,
-A secret
-Coupling

!

Powarun
27th November 2003, 10:49 AM
Holy, um some curse word I will not say. Calvin is a very bad kid, I really hope he goes to jail. Hmm, you should make a poll saying who was the meanest person, um, I forgot who was her name but the girl that killed Granbull, Mortimer/Sid, or Calvin, that would have intresting results. Because most people don't steal stuff at a funeral party unless they are not part of the will and are very envious. Also funny how Chris is still going after Krystal, when you would think she would have a boyfreined by now.

Dragonfree
27th November 2003, 12:16 PM
WHOA! :o

You surely can surprise, Chris.

Anyway, interesting. Very interesting. Calvin has turned into the villain, nice (I've told you before, I love evil). But still, NO ONE DARES STEALING MY FAVORITE POKÉMON! Go hunt him down, Chris... and use Scyther a lot. For me.;)

Oakbark
27th November 2003, 02:38 PM
Wow. You certainly did not exaggerate when you said there'd be a BIG battle!

So-many-pokemon....
Pokemon overload..... how many poke's were in that scene?

Calvin's like a Team Snatch dude. Or maybe The Organisation are developing better pokeballs.

Which leads me to Dane (a.k.a yours truly) who has been caught. Well, I am a loyal employee, I'm sure Holmes will find it in his wallet- I mean heart- to get me out somehow.

Trading card? Coupling?

Tell me more!!

War Raichu
27th November 2003, 05:00 PM
Oh, man, Calvin's been a very bad boy! Wasn't there a hint of him turning bad back in the Indigo Road? Poor Krystal, losing Charizard and Espeon............ Seems Calvin's using the Dark Balls from Pokemon 4Ever. I'm also interested in this "Coupling" subject. Can't wait for Ch. 3!

Andrew
27th November 2003, 05:45 PM
Wow, an action packed episode, so Espeon, Charizard, Electabuzz and who else were stolen? Not Wobbuffet!

And if they really wanted to stop him, why not send ALL your Pokemon after him? He obviously can't steal them all.

Heh, I found Chris's mum to be an Officer hillarious.

Just ummmm be sure to clarify things a bit more, even with a short paragraph recapping everything that happened for the audience in narrative.

K then.

Chris 2.1
28th November 2003, 12:58 PM
Yay, replies galore.

Powarun: Yea, I may do a poll. We'll have to see. Hmm...Calvin has reasons for stealing, I think anyway (!) and it will be interesting how this all turns out, really. I'm looking forward to writing more about him in the future. Lol, Chris still fancies Krystal but... but...she may be taken!

Dragonfree: Scyther has a good battle in Ch5> (that means chapter five or after), but who it's against I won't say! I'm glad i surprised you, because I love surprising!

Oakbark: Umm....lots! Typhlosion, Mightyena, Absol, Electabuzz, Espeon, Charizard, Bayleef, Duskull, Murkrow, Whismur.....loads more than that! Lol. Anyway, Dane's BUSTED! I doubt he'll get out anytime soon. Yes, it seems the Organisation has been going back to Pokemon...but why? And NO, no spoilers for the next Chapter!!!.!.!.!.

Rai: Yea, I hinted he joined the organisation at the end of TIR. Also, the dark balls were indeed from PKMN4EVER, I just stole them ;) I hope you enjoy the coupling!

Ozzy: Hey, thanks for reading! Yea, Buzz, 'Zard and Esp' were stolen, as was Jane's Gengar A.N.D Whitney's Bayleef. Meh, I wish Lewis got stolen ^^

LOL well Chris' Mum may have some POV's if it proves popular enough, I want to have more of her. Wobbuffet may also get some spotlight! Thanks.

Ch4 beginning. This is more of a Lewis chapter, but it DOES include Chris' eldest brother, Brett! The steel Gym Leader from Olivine is HERE! ^^

Oakbark
28th November 2003, 01:17 PM
Oakbark:
Ummm.....
Did you have to put 'busted' in caps? What a killer blow....

Dane:

Oakbark:
Oh know you don't! You're down and out pal!

Dane:
No I'm not - look at your avatar alias and sig....

Oakbark:
Shut up you!

Wobbuffet:
Wobba!!

Oakbark:
Wobbuffet?

Wobbuffet:
Wob wobba buffet!!!

Oakbark:
There's a fire at Old Man Steward's barnhouse?

*Wobb' nods* *Oak and Wobb race off in unison*

Chris 2.1
29th November 2003, 06:24 PM
Oakbark: In all fairness you won the role of a TIR character, but I'm sorry to have to break it to you. Nevermind, eh? Wait...that character in your sig was DANE? Well, that's certainly interesting. Did you notice Jane has a religious Banette with a cross around its neck and a bible? ^_^ little TIR reference there. Although the pendant...well...you never know...

Ch4 is going really well, I've written lots of it. Very little Chris, this focuses on Lewis for a reason! More of the coupling thing I mentioned, and I'm also planning a farfetched chapter near the end, which EVERYBODY will enjoy!

Also, here's a funny piccy: (I hope)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ultra_Poke2000
29th November 2003, 09:31 PM
shee-ot! what in the poo is happening?! DIE, CALVIN, DIE!!! he stole CHARIZARD!!! noooooo!! that (this has been cencored out for the benefiet of pokemon comunity at large, especialy the little ones out there. ;) ) Calvin! arghablrfintolbirchtinderble! WTF happened to him? man, if i was there with my ultra team raised from my good old Gold/Siver days, argh! there was a super ultra combo that they could have done if i released them all at once. or maybe if i had a gun. hmm... yeah! lets see Calvin pull off a Matrix now! BLARGHAHAMWAHARGLEFLARGHAHA! *grabs a machine gun and goes CrAzY!*
to self: wait! calm down. its ok. breath. *calms down and becomes sane again*

ok. now then. after my insane rant, let me say: that was the one thing i did not expect to happen! you never cease to deliver, Chris. great chapter. cya!

Oakbark
30th November 2003, 08:49 AM
Hey!

Ummmm....sorry Chris - no more Dane conversations I promise! Yeah, I noticed the Banette religious thing - maybe it's the norm for ghost poke's.

*lol*
When you say farfetched, do you mean very false or do you mean Farfetch'd the pokemon? I'm very much assuming the former. Although Farfetch'd are cool....

Funny how a character you hate can become the focus of a chapter - sometime's it works out well, and you begin to like them. But then again, it's Lewis.....

Nooo!
Can't see the picture! What is it?

Later!

Oakbark.

Chris 2.1
4th December 2003, 11:29 AM
Here's Ch3!

Chapter Three
The Secret of Happy Meals
By Brit Chris

"POTATO chips!" Came Lewis' happy cry as he ran up the metal spiral staircase to the upper-deck. "I choose you, guys!"

Lewis threw four Pokeballs onto the ground; a Whismur, a Lotad, a Poochyena and a Shroomish emerged. They looked weak. Lewis clutched the bag of potato chips happily as the four looked on eagerly. Lewis ripped it open, splitting the packet and sending a wave of crinkled chips at myself, Kimi and Whitney.

"LEWIS!" Kimi retorted, lifting her silver shades from her face. We all lay on loungers on the top deck, but now we were covered in the ruffled chips. Kimi released her Torchic and ordered a peck attack. Lewis squealed rather delicately as Torchic bombarded him.

"Lotad! Water gun" Lewis mumbled. Lotad was eating, and spat in Lewis' eye. "Ok, ok, Poochie, bite!"

Lewis' Poochyena just snapped its jaws together while laying down. Lewis sighed. He got a doggy treat from his bag, but before he could tease his Pokemon with it, the grey puppy had knocked Lewis to the ground and began ripping his bag.

"Poochie!" Came the weak cry of Lewis. He had trouble rolling back up; he reminded me of a beached whale. Torchic flapped back to Kimi and relaxed. Whitney seemed to enjoy watching Lewis get attacked; she released a Breloom, which looked disgusted at its pre-evolution romping around so beefily. This Breloom seemed quite dainty; maybe it was female?

I released Dustox; he hadn't been out for a while, and Kecleon. Kecleon sat with me, while Dustox flapped off to investigate the ship. I knew, being attracted to lights, he would probably electrocute himself, but I had carried some paralyse spray which could tense his muscles and help him. I didn't release anybody else yet; we didn't want this to become a petting zoo.

Krystal

"Kecleon, don't stick to a certain colour" Jane said calmly. "Like, totally mix your emotions"

Jane and me watched as the waves rolled against each other, lapping against the side of the boat. Jane's purple Kecleon swirled with a lavalamp effect; it was totally snarky. I hadn't seen Chris' Kecleon yet, I was going to see him on the top deck soon anyway; Jane reeked of gange, a smell most uninviting.

"What else have you caught?" I asked the goth, as Kecleon made woozy noises. It began swaying lightly.

"Well, I like got another Victreebel for my male one, i've been expressing my emotions through painting while they express theirs through sex. It's like a porno shoot, but in watercolour"

"Uh-huh" I grumbled. Like, I DON'T GIVE A FRIG!

"And, when, like, you know, you get the munches for a totally MEAN snack? Well I was like trying to get some gherkins and I found this Unown thingy, well I totally caught it, and the morning after the night before I was all DUDE!?!"

Yea, dude indeed...

"Lovely" I said. "Well Azumarill is at home; she met a male Azumarill...she's a cranky Mom now. My Seel evolved"

"Cool" Jane said. "So ANYWAY, like Unown, I was all WOW so I caught it, and here it is"

She released an Unown, identical to the one I saw in that temple with Chris ages and ages ago. I wasn't impressed with this 'G' Unown. Meh, I wasn't too bothered with Jane anyway. I gave her some stupid excuse I went to see Mrs Haruka, and after seeing her Unown keep a track on me, I decided to actually go and see her.

Her Sharpedo had a waterproof tracker device; it resembled a proximety mine. It clung to the star on Sharpedo's back and as Sharpedo swam after Calvin, and Mrs Haruka's navigation system displayed how close Sharpedo was from them.

"How's it going?" I asked kindly.

"Great so far, Sharpedo's found the boat" Mrs Haruka explained. "We're very close to them, and we'll get those five Pokemon back"

"Thanks so much" I said sweetly. "Dewgong and Kingdra are doing their best"

I bid farewell to Mrs Haruka and went to find Adam. He wasn't on the top deck with Chris and the others, so it would be good to spend some quality time with him. He seemed pretty nice, he was good looking and had a nice tan. He had never been this hot before, he was like a super-geek, but three years does a lot to some people...

I found Adam at the back of the boat. He was talking with his Swellow, who had fought bravely in the battle earlier. He must have revived.

"Hey" He said lightly, as Swellow soared through the sky. "Sorry about Charizard and Espeon"

"It's Ok!!" I yelped extatically. Oops. Adam looked scared.

"Well, we'll fight to the bitter end to get them back" Adam declared. "You're a great trainer; I hear you're in the Dragon Clan of Dragon Rock?"

"Yea" I smirked. "Dragon Mage, that's my status"

"Congratulations" He replied, hugging me. Aww...he felt warm...

Chris

"POKEMON!"

"EGG!"

"POKEMON!"

"IT'S AN EGG!"

Kimi and Lewis continued to get at each other's throats as they argued over the Pokemon on the ground. Lewis had released it, explaining he had found this 'rare Pokemon egg' in a large ditch, and caught it in a ball. Kimi argued it was a Silcoon, she had one herself before it evolved to Beautifly, but Lewis was too boisterous to admit defeat.

"I have to admit, Lewis" I said calmly. "IT'S A GODDAMN POKEMON!"

"NO IT'S NOT!" Screeched Lewis, grabbing the white cocoon (which cried "silcoon" as it was lifted) and walked over to a lounger. He sat there and drew a Pokeball, sending out a scrawny Meditite.

"Medi-tite-tite!" It cried. Ugh. Bad Monkey.

It was performing these strange jump kicks and whatnot, but Kimi had her Torchic use a quick attack. It knocked Meditite down onto the ground. Meditite, angered, got up, but Torchic fired a bombardment of embers and sent the Meditite crying. Lewis recalled it.

"KIDS! CALVIN'S IN SIGHT!" I heard Mum cry. GREAT!

"He's used up all his Pokeballs" Kimi thought. "On Electabuzz, Charizard, Espeon, Gengar and Bayleef. We're slightly safer now, then, aren't we?"

"Yea" I mumbled. "Kecleon!"

I threw my ball to the ground and released Kecleon. He looked pretty hyper, happy and overly excited, poor mite. We went to McDonalds; IT COST ME Ł50! I mean, 8 Pokemon, a meal each...add Seviper, who ate a table AND the Ronald McDonald costume and you've got an even heftier bill. I sent it to Mum.

"I choose you, Rosie!" Kimi cried. She released a very small Roselia. It looked sharp. "ROSIE! RAZOR LEAF!"

Rozelia spun around and leapt into the air, releasing a torrent of sharp leaves shooting at the boat. It hit the side. Nothing happened. Sharpedo and the other Pokemon had safely circled the boat, so Calvin couldn't get away. He had a gash on his face; looks like one of the Pokemon had attacked.

"Kecleon, fire a thunderbolt!" I ordered. From Kecleon's stripe, which had flashed to a yellow colour, he blasted a streak of electricity. It arched through the air and bolted down at Calvin. I suddenly realised what I'd done; it was against the law to attack a human unless it was in retalliation...hopefully I'd be let off, this was, in a sense, a form of retalliation...

"Roselia! sleep seed!" Kimi cried. Her voice was somewhat elegant as she spun around. Roselia spat a large seed from her mouth; hocking that great big seed must have hurt! The seed hit Calvin and released a cloud of aromatic perfume. Within a few seconds Calvin had drooped to sleep. Kimi cheered and watched with Kecleon and Myself; Whitney and Lewis had gone to find Jane, Krystal and Adam, as well as my Mum, on the main deck.

"Good job" I said, rewarding Kimi. She thanked me.

Whitney shouted Gyarados over and, clambering onto its back, she swam over to the speedboat. There was still that damned Tangela at the wheel. It sent two vines shooting at Whitney, trying to overthrow her, but Gyrados sinewed out of the way, before shooting a water gun and stunning the Pokemon. It didn't deal a lot of damage, but enough to hurt Tangela while Whitney grabbed the five Pokeballs from Calvin's belt. She held them in her cradled arms as Gyarados sailed back to the boat, where Whitney leapt off and recalled her Gyarados. Kingdra and Dewgong swam to the side of the boat, waiting for Krystal, and Cloyster emerged, giving Whitney the chance to recall it. Mum had Jane use her Duskull to levitate Calvin onto the deck. Mum handcuffed him.

"Krystal? Adam?" Whitney shouted. By now, the 5 of us had joined together as the boat began to sail away to the land, but no sign of Krystal or Adam. This was curious. I wonder where she had gotten to?

"I'll go look" I hissed, recalling Kecleon and wandering off across the deck. This boat smelled really weird, like seaweed and...plastic. I was so pleased Electabuzz wasn't hurt; it was so good knowing he was back on my team...well, he wasn't yet, but he would be sooner or later, once I found Krystal. She'd be pleased to have her Charizard and Espeon back...

"Krystal?" I cried, wandering around the back of the boat. Unfortunately, I saw an awful sight. A disgusting sight, a sickening and altogether upsetting sight. Before me lay Krystal and Adam, embracing, kissing, really going for it, right infront of me. They were on the floor, at the back of the boat, eyes closed in harmonic peace.

"Mmmph! Chris!" Krystal cried, pulling apart from Adam. Her makeup was all over Adam's face, who wiped it off casually as he lay on the floor. His shirt looked ready to be strewn from his body. "Have they got our Pokemon back?"

"No thanks to you" Came my uttered breath, as I led them back to the top deck. They quickly followed, almost unable to keep up with me as I stormed towards the stairs. I got a feeling of happiness from the words I'd said, as well as making Krystal feel bad about snogging Adam. That's how it should be; she should be panged with regret every time she kisses a boy...

We were now sailing back to Pontarico; the cruise would take 20 minutes. Mum, holding the five Dark Balls, released our Pokemon before the seven trainers. Electabuzz emerged, Charizard formed, Espeon and Bayleef emerged and Gengar, too, stood in the light from the Pokeballs. I hugged Electabuzz, happy he was safe. Bayleef nervously trotted to Whitney, who bent down and embraced her close friend. Krystal had left Adam's company and hugged Charizard tightly, while Kimi, kneeling below her, hugged Espeon. Gengar and Jane hugged each other, too. We all kept our Pokemon out, the ones that had been stolen anyway. Dustox had apparently been interested in a torchlight he had found, but Mum brought him back to me. I recalled the pesky, powerful bug.

Home was near, and I was hoping to just get back and relax. I had, however, considered a celebratory meal at McDonalds with my team. It sounded good; I was actually partly interested in the holographic trading card free with my Happy Meal. So far I got Armaldo (My brother Brett had one of those, you know), Lileep, Sableye and Makuhita. I wanted more, damnit, more!

We sailed to the dock, at which time everybody thanked Mum and headed off. I wanted to go to McDonalds with Krystal, but she didn't seem interested. She wandered off with Adam, trying to look discrete. Well...I couldn't exactly head to McDonalds on my own, could I? Electabuzz and me watched as the other trainers filtered off the boat happily, heading home, to the battle park or just into the town.

"You look lonely"

I saw Whitney walk over to me. Her Bayleef was by her side, looking rather flushed and weatherworn with the events of recently.

"I wanted a bite to eat" I said, as if I were a spoilt child. "But I don't wanna go on my own..."

I recieved a sharp shock from Electabuzz, who looked somewhat flustered and angry.

"I mean with another friend, Electabuzz" I reminded him. He looked pissed off.

"I'll come with you..." Whitney said soothingly. "Could we swing by the battle park first? I'd like to give Breloom a battle...she's been fairly inactive recently, you see"

Truth be told, I didn't like the idea. Nevertheless, if it meant another foil card from Maccy D's, I'd be happy to go with Whitney.

We arrived at the battle park. There was a lot of arenas, different textured ones or different surfaces. There was the marble arena, a smooth, sleek arena which needed good grip, the muddy arena which was dug out from the ground about a foot deep, filled with sloppy mud. This was good to practise evading and stuff. There was the standard arena, made from compressed soil, there was the safari arena, with long grass obstructing the Pokemon. There was loads more, like an icy arena, a rock field and a water arena. The one I liked was the Dynamo Arena; this had the floor hooked up to shock pads and was for non-fliers only. After a long time on the ground a sharp electric shock was given; this meant your Pokemon had to use a lot of attacks in mid-air and had to be very agile. I had trained here with Kecleon, who after learning thunderbolt, was very resistent against electricity in recent months. Whitney decided to battle on the normal arena, while I decided to go on the muddy one.

I had to pick my three Pokemon before hand, so I selected Seviper, Umbreon and Kecleon. They were great for mud. I handed my other 5 Pokeballs to the lady in the building and walked outside, out back, where many arena's greeted me. The whole place had signposts directing me to the various arena's, but I knew my way. I walked along the gravel path to the arena. I met eyes with this Latino stud that was on the opposite side of the arena, a Great Ball clasped in his hand.

"Arr choo my opponent?" He asked me.

"Yea"

"Then let us battle" He spoke, his voice sharp, yet mysteriously soft. He threw his first greatball out into the mud. The sludgy surface engulfed the ball, but as it burst open a large shower of light parted the mud away while a Pokemon formed. It splashed in the mud playfully, yet with a sense of dignity and maturity in there. It was still. A light brown, with red markings on it. It was very tiny; it must have touched the bottom of the mud pit.

"I've never seen that before" I mumbled.

"Thees issss a Baltoy" The Latino spoke. "Ent I am Robert"

"I'm Chris" I said. "Seviper, go!"

Seviper dived into the mud and emerged, brown splatters over its face. Robert clicked his fingers and twirled.

"Teech those sukkers our rapid spin!" He cried. Baltoy made a strange noise and began spinning, sending a twirling, muddy tornado swirling around him. The mud splashed into Seviper's face, but he (disgustingly) licked it off with his forked tongue. Baltoy leapt into the air and tackled Seviper, but Seviper sent an iron tail at him, smashing into his side and throwing him back into the mud.

"Return" Robert said. "My Pokemon, it is weak"

He recalled Baltoy and reached for another ball.

"Go Hitmonlee!"

His next Pokemon emerged, legs in the mud. He eyed Seviper ferociously.

"Seviper! Poison tail!" I cried. This guy hadn't even seen the start of Seviper's startling, sceptic special.

So, after the battle (I beat Robert's Hitmonlee AND Swampert; Seviper got KO'ed by Hitmonlee, but Umbreon finished the job nicely), I met Whitney, who used a spore/jump kick combo to beat the living turkeys out of her opponent. I only saw his Kirlia fall down to Breloom. What a chump. After that, we walked out, I picked up my Pokemon team (As did Whitney) and we went through town. Whitney told me I was funny, which was sweet. She seemed to be really friendly.

We went to McDonalds, and we sat down to our meals. Whitney had a Fillet 'O' Fish, which looked disgusting, while I stuck with a happy meal. I chomped on my eight Mcnuggets happily, popping them in my mouth. It was satisfying...I felt so happy...so carefree...in an odd sense, a sense I only expirienced with McDonalds...

"You know, I only became vegetarian after that documentary exposing McDonalds" Whitney told me. "Anyway, I'd come here if you were here..."

"That's sweet" I grunted, crumbs flying from my mouth. "MY HAPPY MEAL!"

I grabbed the box and peeped inside, remembering I was here for a trading card. I picked it out and glared happily at my Sableye. It shone brightly...I waved the card to and fro excitedly as the shinyness dazzled my pupils. To...fro...to...fro...

"Chris?" Whitney asked. "Chris? Chris? Chris? Chris?"

I saw her face wobble and misshape. Her hat began to leap from her head. A mouth formed.

"QUABALABALOOTWANAWANNAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE E!" It screeched.

"NO! THE HAT!" I screamed, falling from my chair.

"Chris?" Whitney asked. "Flobadob, flob flob flobadobadob?"

"NO! EVIL WOMAN!" I screeched in protest. I thudded to the ground, Seviper walked from behind me and began talking. He had a monacle, a pipe and a Sherlock Holmes hat on. He kinda propped himself up strangely.

"Quite frankly" He began, in a Chris Eubank style voice. "I am hooked on this stuff"

"You know..." Whitney said, her face vibrating wildly. Soon, her eyes dropped out and her lips crawled off her face. They screamed 'free Nelson! Free Nelson!'. "I think someone's been tinkering with these ingrediants"

She tore a nugget apart, but Seviper lunged and wolfed it down. Seviper then began singing...

"Oh I do like to be beside the seaside,
Oh I do like to be beside the sea,
I do like to stroll along the prom-prom-prom,
Where the brass band plays, tiddley-om-pom-pom"

"NoOoOoOoOoOo!" I screamed, holding my hands out. "NOOOOOOO"

"Chris?" Whitney asked.

I looked around. My head throbbed violently. I felt awful.

"You're awake" She said soothingly.

"What happened?" I asked; my voice suddenly shot up and down.

"You had a dose" Whitney told me. "Of Cocaine"

"What?" I cried. "Cocaine?"

"It was in the McNuggets" Whitney said. "I don't know how they got them in. My Mum's been looking at a sample I brought home. You went all funny and fell off your chair, and then you knocked Seviper's Pokeball, and that's why he emerged. Then you just got really freaked out at everything"

"I feel awful"

"You'll be fine...I think" Whitney said. "You took enough to be ill, but not enough to be taken to hospital or anything serious"

"Well can I sue McDonalds?" I asked.

"Oh, well I think so" Whitney began. "My Mum's only a Doctor, not a Lawyer. I suppose you have a case"

"Why would they out Cocaine in the food?" I asked. "And why have I been the only person to be affected by it?"

"Who knows?" Came Whitney's calm reply. I looked around. I was in a cream coloured room. The sheets were a sky blue, and one wall had blocks of baby, sky and navy blue printed variously. Her silky curtains wafted in a breeze. This must be Whitney's room. She had a poster of a woman named Erica on her wall; Erica had a Weepinbell, A Treecko and a Troprious with her, around a circular badge in seven colours. The door was ajar.

"That's Erica, she's a grass-type trainer" Whitney told me.

"Cool"

Our conversation was interrupted when a lady strode through into the room. She had Black hair like Whitney's but it came to her armpits. Her complexion was smooth and her eyes glazed an emerald green. She wore a wooly sweater with a pattern on it, and carried a tray with two mugs of hot chocolate on them. She placed it on the end of the bed and smoothed my sheets.

"Hello" She said to me. "I'm Whitney's Mum, Jodi. How are you feeling?"

"Quite migrane-ish" I mumbled.

"Dear, dear" She sighed. "Whitney told me what happened, but it's Ok. I'm a Doctor. I've been working from home these past few weeks but I'm working on this now. I believe we can get sufficient information from this sample Whitney brought home. You could sue the pants off Ronald McDonald"

"Did my Pokemon get any of the drug intake?" I asked.

"I'm not all that sure" Jodi replied. "Well, Seviper has, we know that. He's recovering downstairs. I only know that because Whitney told me so; I can't really find any way of finding out weather your other Pokemon have been affected or not"

"That's Ok" I said kindly. "Thankyou"

I took the drink and sipped it. I began slurping, so I soon settled the cup down in embaressment.

"We'll give you a lift home, poppet" Jodi said. "I'll tell your Mum what happened, Okay?"

"Thanks so much" I said happily. "Thankyou"

"Oh, you're welcome" Jodi said, smiling. She wandered out Whitney's bedroom.

"I hope none of my other Pokemon have had a cocaine intake" I sighed. "Power-enhancing drugs are illegal for Pokemon...I could get sent to jail!"

"You won't get caught" Whitney assured me. "Everything will be fine"

I didn't feel her optimism. I felt scared. Drugs. Those things everybody tells you to stay away from, and I've taken them! Without knowing, I've consumed drugs and I feel...I feel...dirty. Filthy. Diseased, even. My Pokemon might be hurt, too. I don't know what to do...the secret of Happy Meals is...is...Cocaine in the McNuggets?

Dragonfree
4th December 2003, 12:40 PM
I was kinda surprised that they caught Calvin in this chapter. I thought you'd make a bit more out of that. It was really, really funny when Chris got high, I haven't laughed like that at a fanfic since Quite Possibly the World's Weirdest Vacation by Latios. And DOWN WITH McDONALDS! Hehehe...

Krystal and Adam? Chris is going to have a hard time...

War Raichu
4th December 2003, 04:32 PM
Man, right from the beginning, poor Chris experiences Krystal kissing another guy. :( But the part where Chris got high was probably one of the funniest moments you've ever created! :P So THAT'S why the new McNuggets are "white" meat. :D

Powarun
5th December 2003, 04:55 PM
I read the chapter yesterday, I was eating mcdonalds and reading this fic. So O_o, luckily I didn't get a cocaine filled burger. My question is why would some one put something so valuable like that in a chicken nugget, no I don't do drugs I just know that drugs cost a lot.

Other wise it was a pretty good chapter, I was disapointed in Chris's attitude when he saw Adam making out with Krystal. I mean you are slacking in the whole Chris's attitude with Krystal deal. This is just me but I still want to punch the kid who is dating a girl who said I didn't really have a chance with her.

Well got to go.

Ultra_Poke2000
6th December 2003, 06:20 PM
the secret of Happy Meals is...is...Cocaine in the McNuggets?hahaha! the truth is revealed! it was realy funny when Chris was spouting off things like "NOOO! EVIL WOMAN" and when Seviper was singing. i thought the whole thing with Calvin stealing everyone's pokemon was going to be the main plot line for this fic, but now i guess it's gonna be about... CHRIS SUEING MCDONALDS FOR COCAIN IN HIS HAPPY MEAL! *snicker* anyway, ill cya later!

Drade130
6th December 2003, 09:00 PM
OMG CHRIS!!! YOU ARE MY HERO!! Seriously I knew you couldnt stay away from this series, I know these things. Im so glad its back. Poor Chris, getting high. I couldnt stop laughing when Seviper began singing. Visions popped all about my head. I cant wait for the next chapter!

Chris 2.1
7th December 2003, 08:05 AM
Dragonfree: At first, it was going to be, but I found it hard to keep this going, especially when the fic seems to now go through Chris' highs and lows of going through 'young adult' life. It does feature many things i would never normally put in a fic, but it is designed to cycle through life and how harsh it can be.

Oh, and Krystal and Adam isn't the only coupling going on...;)

Raichu: Lol i'm so glad you enjoyed it! Hehe. Chris does try getting a girl as the fic progresses, and as you'll see he tries overcomplicated it! Lol!

Powarun: Well McDonalds make a lot of money, you grant me that. Their profits went into getting drugs which will have the addictive effect and result in more customers. *sigh* and people thought kids were in it for the toys...

Look, you may want to hit a girl if she turns you down, but I'm not like that. How can that help? If I get turned down I accept it, I become friendlier with the girl and soon we get on better than before. It's a civil way to do things...

Ultra_Poke2000: Hehe, yea. Well Calvin will probably have more of a part in the fanfic, but the whole of this is literally Catching up with Chris: he's going to go through lots of things in life that you'll all be able to see!

Teddiursa: Wow i'm so pleased you like it! It was fun to write that, and the whole fanfic, to be honest. It's serious and fun!

Chapter four's actually going quite well so far. I should have it done in a few days, I think. I'm planning a very adult-themed part for the fic, which I hope you enjoy.....

Powarun
7th December 2003, 01:54 PM
No, I meant jumping on Adam, even though that may disgust Krystal, he should let his emotions out.

Hm, nice theory about adding drugs to Mcdonalds food, but I don't think it is relavant, humans are almost automatcically brought to fattening food. Becase fatty foods are comforting in a way. But like Coke, Mcdonalds do have a mystery ingrediant to their food, maybe it is added to the oil? I read a book on scams like your example in this story and it seems relavant. I just have a question, if Chris sued the Mcdonalds, couldn't Mc Donald's hire lawyeres, or brive Chris out of sueing?

Oh, and what is in the Happy Meals in England, here we have The Haunted Mansion toys.

DannyBoy
7th December 2003, 02:10 PM
Well over my break I started reading this and I just finished chapter three. I must say this is very good. Lewis is my fav character in this, he seems to be the dopey funny one. I like how you have a wide variety ok pokemon in this. It makes it more interesting to see all these different kinds and they all got interesting personalitys. Also all the characters seem to have a good personality and you stick to it. Also in chapter three I thought the beginning was funny and I liked that. Also the battle was good. I def. will keep reading this! Keep it up!

Chris 2.1
7th December 2003, 02:48 PM
Powarun: Oh, Lewis tells Krystal, all right.....hehe. Also, at the moment our Happy Meal toys are Brother Bear cuddlies, which is nice and suiting ^^

Xtina: Can I call you this? A short version ^^ Well I've seen you on the boards; you're a very devoted reader, and you seem to be a good author yourself - i loved house of hush! Well I'm thoroughly enjoyed to have got a new reader...have you read the opriginals in the archive? They're my other works and although much different to this fic, star Chris and Krystal. Anyway, cheers for the reply!

Chapter 4 is going well; I'll probably post it in a week at the least. It's a titanic battle as you'll find, and even more hilarious chunks of meaty goodness.

nearly XMAS!

--Chris' Christmas--

What's Santa Claus getting you for Christmas this year?
OR
Do you NOT celebrate Christmas?

Dragonfree
7th December 2003, 03:06 PM
Santa Claus isn't getting me anything for Christmas because we have no Santa over here.:rolleyes: On the other hand, we've got thirteen guys who used to steal food and slam people's doors, but then someone got them mixed up with Santa and they now wear his clothes and pur presents in kids' shoes when they arrive in town. They arrive one a day, from the twelfth to the twenty-fourth, meaning thirteen little presents from the thirteen-little-santa-guys, but no big ones.

Also, the present day for us is Christmas eve. Mwahaha. I'm getting my presents early. :P

Powarun
7th December 2003, 03:45 PM
Santa, is going to get me, a watch with a blue flame animation, and a class ring. Curse my mom for odering my class ring, before I could maek up my mind between that, and a new gamecube with four games.

But its a good thing to have brothers, he he he, they are gettign an Xbox, and plenty of games for Gamebue and Xbox, with my recomindations, I will have a merry christmas.

How about you Chris? about 200 pounds in Mcdonald food, or a lawsuit from Mcdonalds? I like your sig though, very helpful.

DannyBoy
7th December 2003, 04:00 PM
Yea you can call me that. A lot of the people here call me Xtina. Thanks for the comments but you to are a good writer and reader. If you liked House of House I hope you like the sequal. I just finshed it yesturday but I wont post it for a while, got to read over it and its long. What is Santa getting me? Usually money, a new chair for my desk, cd's, minutes for my phone...hopefully good stuff! I am going to print the two storys so I can read them when i am at places. I bet it will help me understand things more. Again, cant wait for your next chapter!

CharizardILG27
7th December 2003, 04:38 PM
Pheew I finished all of it so far! And I must say, i could definatly tell an improvment as the chapters went on. This series is great! I really liked chapter 3 with the McDonalds thing, *snicker*

Anyways, keep it up, and you got yourself a new reader ;)

EDIT: Christmas, whats Christmas? :P

No actually, what i want for Christmas is...

-new baseball bat
-new bike
-pc games
-cds
-dvds

i guess thats all

Drade130
7th December 2003, 05:46 PM
I tell you right now, I won't be asking for one of those play McDonald food things that my neice has! Hopefully Santa will get me a guitar, so I can follow my dream...well that was cheesy.

War Raichu
7th December 2003, 06:15 PM
I asked Santy Claus for Game Boy Player (RuSa on the TV!), The Simpsons: Hit & Run (WOO HOO!), another Memory Card 251 (now in a smaller, easier-to-break-into package :P; also, free labels!), and Scary Movie 1 & 2 (FUNNIEST. MOVIES. EVER!)

Chris 2.1
8th December 2003, 11:39 AM
Dragonfree: Cool...where do you live again? I'm sure it was somewhere far away! That sounds really cool 0_0!

Powarun: Lol well I'm getting a new cymbal for my drumkit, actually, and an MP3 player. It's my birthday on January 3rd, so i'll get some Gc games then!

Xtina: Lol you typed house of house :p sorry, that was just funny to read ^^
Great idea, printing the fics off. LOL i'd laugh if people requested a copy themselves and I became a famous author at 14 :p
Looking forward to HOH2!

Charizard: Hey! WOW, another new reader! ^^ Thanks for reading this, and I'm glad the McDonalds incident has lured you in! Expect more gags soon!

Teddy: Lol yea, I've seen those McFlurry makers...hehe. Guitar? Dream? Cheese? Sounds like a ruddy good Christmas to me ^^

Rai: Nice choices mate! I like S:H&R it's good good fun! My Memory Card 251 has all 14 GC game's data on, it's brilliant! LOL yea, SM2 is really good, I love the butler with the gammy hand ^^

Ch4 completed, Ch5 just beginning. I'll post 4 in a couple of days time, folks.

Dragonfree
8th December 2003, 01:18 PM
Iceland. It's not that far away. If you put another Britain's southeast corner at the real Britain's northwest corner, it would probably manage to tickle Iceland's east coast. If you want more details, check a map.;) It's a pretty interesting country. Besides having thirteen Santas, it used to be believed that it had the enterance to Hell in one of the volcanoes. Sounds nice, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

I don't really know why it's all on Christmas eve, but it's just like that, the Christmas dinner and presents and Christmas cards and all that is on Christmas eve. On Christmas day, you just sleep after having to read all your Christmas cards and start the nice new books and video games you got all night. Oh, and maybe go to Grandma's and hear a lot of "Wow, you've grown so much" from fellow family members. But we're not doing that because everyone in the family appears to have either moved to Sweden or Denmark or went to visit the ones that moved there.

Chris 2.1
9th December 2003, 02:03 PM
CHAPTER FOUR! WHOOHOOWHOOHOOWHOOHOO!

hope you enjoy! PS: Teddy, glad you liked the extract!

Chapter Four
A crush-clawing defeat
By Brit Chris

Chris

It's been a rough week. I've been in bed, and although I feel fine my Mum's going ballistic over my condition. I think she's expected me to go green or something. The family are convincing Grandma I have a migrane; women at 72 don't usually handle drug mistakings well at all. She was trying to use leeches on me, but I wasn't going to get sucked dry! I've been in bed, resting. Resting from the scare. In McDonalds, they've been putting cocaine into their McNuggets, and as I wolfed loads down (you get a free trading card...) I've been exposed to the drug. Seviper, and my other Pokemon who have eaten the McNuggets (I can't remember which ones that is, though; they're getting scanned soon) will also be exposed. The door creaked, and Grandma's old fat Skitty sulkily plodded into my room.

"Reear!" She cried. The stupid thing. Unfortunately, all my Pokemon were in the reserve so I had no way of repelling this evil cat. I lay in my bed as the cat slinkily paced towards me. It hated me. Seriously, it did. It pounced, but as it did, Suzie rushed into my room, Sunflora by her side. Sunflora cast a Sleep Spore, which lulled the cat to sleep. It smacked the floor quickly.

"You ok?" She asked.

"Fine, thanks" I said weakly.

"Seviper's still at Whitney's house" Suzie said. Her voice was very shaky. "Dad's ringing some Lawyer's up; he wants McDonalds shut down...but I think he might settle for a large wad of cash. Tim's gone to the park with Mum, Grandma and Brett"

Brett came home about four days ago. He was 21, and pretty broad. He had scraggy brown hair, lovely hazel eyes and a nice, beaming smile He was really clumsy. Olivine City had re-elected Jasmine as their leader, and the Pokemon League comittee moved Brett from his position. They did, however, send him to the brand-spanking new Gym in Pontarico Industrial Estate. He worked there now, but had a day off.

I lay in my room. The curtains were still drawn. The squares of cream colour projected the daylight into my room, so we weren't cast into darkness. The door, which was ajar, was at the opposite end of the room to my Bed. I had a poster of Good Charlotte, my favourite band, as well as a poster of the Elite Tournament, with Lorelei, Agatha, Bruno, Will, Karen, Koga, Phoebe, Sidney, Glacia and Drake surrounding a stadium. I wasn't good enough for that kind of tournament, and knew it myself. I didn't want to try my luck if I knew the result.

"I have to go, I've got work soon" Suzie said kindly. She worked at a car showroom, surprisingly, and was training as a mechanic. How strange. Tim didn't do much apart from watch Lord Of The Ring's, he had the special edition DVD which had about fifteen weeks of extras. He wasn't a geekazoid nerd, I still thought Tim pretty cool, but he was a lazy slob. Suzie walked out the room with Sunflora to change into her 'work clothes', leaving me all alone. I sat in bed. My eyes scanned the area for my TV remote, but it was miles away, I couldn't reach. I sighed heavily, before dropping off to sleep.

Brett

"It's too windy!" Grandma screeched. "FLAAFFY! GET MY HAT!"

Grandma's Flaaffy, greying and weak, plodding after the flowery fruitbowl that was Grandma's formal hat. The wind was very strong, and our trip feeding the ducks had turned sour. Tim and me endured the harsh gales. Mum seemed to be doing Ok, too, but Grandma was losing her hat, then her bag, then her hat again and then her glasses, somehow.

"This blows" Tim muttered to me.

"I have a ticket out of here, though" I smirked. I got my phone from my bag. "Hello? What? A challanger?"

This had drawn attention. Mum, who was supporting Grandma, listened as I went on. Tim's grin looked disapointed.

"Well...I was having a day off" I went on. "Urgent? Oh, I didn't realise! Well, no match is more important than my family"

"No, honey" Mum began. "We'll be Ok, go on to your Gym"

My mind cheered.

"Ok, new plan sir" I said. "I'll be down at the Gym in about an hour"

I put my phone away, even though I hadn't got a call.

"Well, it's been great today. I'll be home by about 7" I said kindly. "Goodbye, Grandma!"

"TIM! YOU'VE GROWN!" Grandma cried. Mum comforted her hysteria. Tim and Mum bid farewell to me as I gripped a Pokeball. I released it, and my big Skarmory appeared. He let out a healthy screech as his metallic wings flapped dust away. I clambered onto his back and shot off into the air, the clouds whipping into my face. Although I loved Grandma, and although I loved her toffee, spending time with her was such a chore!

Lewis

We walked down the road. Busted played through my yellow headphones. I strummed the beat on my leg.

"And I'm glad I crashed the wedding,
Nah-nah-nah regretting,
Nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh nuh, nuh-nuh-nuh nuh-nuh, he didn't wanna have a second name"

My Pokemon were all in their balls. I had actually sold my Slaking to the zoo for $100! I'll never have this much money AGAIN, I swear. I bought a nice watch, it had a fourth hand on for time travel...or something. I also bought a new backpack. The road leading away from Pontarico slowly wound towards my destination, which was the Gym on the Island. It had opened very recently, and since I've already competed in the Miami League AND had two badges from Hoenn, I felt strong enough to win.

The gym was a square shape. It was metallic silver. The words 'Gym' were above, in orange lettering. I approached the doors, when they both opened for me. I leapt back in shock. Cautiously, I crept inside, expecting a pitch-black room. However, I was greeted by a friendly reception area, with canary yellow and candyfloss pnik wallpaper. A lady typed behind a desk, while shouting the name of a trainer.

"Gentry, Mathew"

The boy, who looked 18, got up. He was very tall. His black hair was styled with wax. He wore jeans and a zip-up jacket. Mathew paced towards the staircase and walked down to face the Gym Leader. I took a seat and waited for my name to be called. As I waited, a girl walked in with a Jynx by her side. The two booked a battle and took a seat.

The cog's that powered my mind clicked and whirred as I began to think about whom to use against the Gym Leader. I didn't know the type, and besides, most Gyms used theme teams, they were awfully popular. That's why it really helped having a balanced team. I had dark, normal, grass, water, normal and fighting, as well as my egg. I wonder what it will hatch into?

About twenty minutes later, Mathew walked up the staircase.

"I won" He said, grinning at me. He clasped the badge in his palm. I couldn't see it. "Good luck mate"

Mathew walked out the doors and disapeared. I looked up at the receptionist, who called out:

"Adams, Lewis"

I leapt off my chair. My heart pounded happily. I paced towards the staircase and walked down the staircase. It was a spiral one, so I kept going round and round. The view from above disapeared, and as I walked, noticed that I was in almost pitch-black. I stopped. Staring above, I saw a velux window shining a patch of light on few of the metal stairs. I kept going. Soon, as I walked off the staircase I came to a shiny silver arena with red linings. A man stood at the other end. He had brown, scruffy hair and green eyes. He was about Mathew's size. He wore a pair of black jeans, with white stitches, and had a navy blue hoody on, the hood down.

"Lewis?"

"Y-yes" I replied shakily.

"Four Pokemon a side, that Ok?" The leader asked. I nodded. "I'm Brett, the Gym Leader. Let's rock"

Although we were bathed in light, more floodlights came on. Brett grabbed a great ball and threw it forward onto the arena. It opened mid-air and released the white energy, which formed into a large, dinosaur-like Pokemon. It had strange eyes.

"Armaldo" Brett cried confidently.

"I choose you, Lotad!" I cried, releasing Lotad from his Pokeball. Lotad screamed as he made eye contact with Armaldo. Brett looked confident. "Use water gun, Lotad! GO!"

Lotad leapt into the air and shot a stream of water out his mouth. Brett didn't even issue an attack. Armaldo was struck in the chest by the attack, but barely moved. He was forced back a small distance, but leapt forward and stomped the ground, causing a tremour. Lotad was hit. Armaldo began roaring loudly.

"Armaldo, crush claw" Brett snapped. Armaldo ran along the arena and grabbed Lotad. He then squeezed as hard as he could. Lotad was screaming loudly as he could as Armaldo gripped onto his fleshy body. "Armaldo, seismic toss, hyper beam combo"

Armaldo spun around a few times, Lotad still in his grip. He released Lotad, who soared into the air. From there, Armaldo released an orange beam of energy that flowed from his mouth gracefully. The beam hit the target, causing Lotad to drop limply from the sky. It smashed against the steel floor and twitched once, twice and once more. Armaldo stood over the Pokemon.

"Recall it, Lewis" Brett told me. "It's unconcious"

I grabbed his Pokeball and shot the beam at him.

"I'm sorry, Lotad!" I cried. Putting the ball away, I selected the next. "Try your luck, Meditite!"

Meditite formed from the light. He began practising a few punches. I cut in with the first attack. You see, I bought a book on battling. The first attack is always the decider. "Meditite, go for jump kick!"

Meditite leapt into the air, leg tucked into body. Roaring, he smashed his leg into Armaldo, who took the damage with force. Armaldo then rpared and forced his pick-like claw down at Meditite, but he leapt out the way. Meditite continued to leap out the way of Armaldo's stomps. Angered, Armaldo blasted a hyper beam at the floor, which Meditite had evaded.

"Great!" I cried. "Psybeam!"

From his palms, Meditite blasted a rainbow-coloured beam of energy. It reflected off Armaldo's shiny coat and smashed the ground. As Meditite leapt back, Armaldo stomped forward. He blasted another hyper beam and hit Meditite. He flew through the air and hit the ground heavily. I considered recalling him, but he sprang back up. Meditite sprang into the air and launched a focus punch, but it didn't do much damage at all. Armaldo swiped his claw and sent my Pokemon hurtling to the ground again.

"Meditite, go for a jump kick NOW!" I cried hotly. Meditite shook the damage off. Jumping, he forced his foot into Armaldo's face, and suceeded, Armaldo stumbling back. Meditite then launched an ice punch and hit Armaldo again. Unfortunately Armaldo hadn't been frozen, but took a lot of damage. Meditite, after dealing lots of damage, was pepped up and leapt high again.

"Yes!" I cried. "Attack with a psybeam again!"

"It won't work" Brett snapped. "ARMALDO! Blast furnace"

Glowing, Armaldo began roaring uncontrollably.

"It's ok!" Brett re-assured him. "Keep it up!"

It's body began to brim with heat, and red energy. It looked as if Armaldo, heating itself up somehow, was in extreme pain. It began staggering around wildly. It's metalic armour was flashing red and orange as he began to look up. He stared at the ceiling as the reddish glow fully eveloped his shiny body. Roaring, a large plume of flames soared into the air, before diving down at Meditite. It was continuous, as Armaldo was still supplying the heat for the attack. Meditite screamed its name as it was thrown into the air and slapped down to the ground. I watched on, concerned for him.

"Meditite's down" Brett told me sternly.

"Oh...umm...yes"

I took the ball in my hand, but hesitated for a second. I'd watched my idol, Ash Ketchum, and when his Pokemon were beaten up they managed to evolve to win. I stared at Meditite longingly.

"Meditite...come on, you can pull off another ice punch" I said gently. His body was charred and he looked awful, dare I say it. His eyes were closed and his breathing heavy. "Please, we're a team"

"Recall it" Brett snapped. "He's very hurt!"

"Ok, ok. Meditite, I want what's best for you, so if you can find the strength, we can win -

"RECALL YOUR ****IN POKEMON NOW!" Brett roared. "IT'S UNCONCIOUS FOR GODS SAKE!"

I sniffed as I recalled Meditite. TWO unconcious? Not for long. I sneakily clutched my next Pokemon and released it. The ball opened and from the burst of flashing, morphing white light, my powerful Shroomish formed.

"Shroomish, shroom"

"Haha! Show this thing how we battle" I said admirably, clenching a fist. Shroomish nodded.

"Armaldo, it's a weak one...AGAIN" Brett sighed, rolling his eyes. "Use an iron tail"

As its large, spiked tail flashed, Armaldo sent it swinging around. Shroomish crouched (as if that's possible), and leapt high, evading the attack. In mid-air, he blasted some razor-sharp leaves through the air. They repelled off Armaldo's coat. Shroomish then landed, and blasted a stun spore from the spout on his head. It whirred around the arena very quickly and soon, Armaldo inhaled it.

"Armaldo?" Brett questioned. His Pokemon had been frozen stiff. "ARMALDO!"

"HAHA!" I cried. "Great job, Shroomish!"

"Return" Brett growled. He recalled Armaldo and put the ball away. FINALLY, he was taken down.... Brett, however, grabbed another Pokeball, this one metallic silver on the top, and hurled it forward. After hitting the floor, the ball flew up and released the Pokemon. I'd seen it before, but knew not of its name. It had large steel wings and massive, clenchable talons. It gave a screechy cry.

"Skarmory's no pushover" Brett told me.

"Shroomish, another stun spore!" Came my cry.

As Shroomish's top opened and he blasted the thick, orange cloud into the atmosphere, Skarmory flapped high into the sky. Cawing again, it flapped its large wings with extreme force, sending the stun spore shooting back to our end of the arena. I began coughing heavily, but it soon dispersed. Skarmory then shot down to Shroomish, preparing for an attack. It smashed into my Pokemon and forced it back. Shroomish toppled over and looked pretty dazed. We had to keep going...

"Shroomish, try a solarbeam!" I yelled. The tip of Shroomish's head glowed as a green orb formed. Energy was leeched from the surrounding area and added to the ball, making it slightly bigger each time. Skarmory watched with Brett. Soon, Shroomish blasted the refreshing, green beam at Skarmory. His expression looked as if he was deep in concentration. It smashed into Skarmory's left wing, but it barely even moved. It then flapped high into the air.

"Steel types are resistant to grass" Brett told me, his voice low and contemptuous. "STEEL WING"

Wings sparkling silver, Skarmory tore through the air and sliced into Shroomish. The force sent Shroomish flying back into my arms. He had a large gash on his side. I pulled his Pokeball out and recalled him as Skarmory circled the sky. It then landed infront of Brett.

"Got anything else?" He asked. "Look, Lewis, this match is over"

"Not yet!" I cried hotly. "I have another Pokemon left!"

"It won't be a match for Skarmory, or my other two pokemon"

"How do you know?"

"I can safely guess" Brett said firmly. "Rules state I have to accept any challanges, which I have, and they also state I can end a match if I feel I am prolonging the inevitable, IE my opponent being too weak or too powerful. Please, just leave"

I looked into his eyes. He watched me with a determined look, but his voice seemed sympathetic and kind. What a contrast. I sniffed slightly and turned, leaving the arena and wandering up the spiral stairs. As I sniffed more, a pearly tear rolled down my face and down my cheek. I kept my hand clamped onto the banister as I patrolled up to the waiting room, where I had to face those people.

I came out the Gym and looked down the gravel path leading to the docks. The ships went to another Island in the distance, I think. I saw Krystal and Adam walking down the road happily. Krystal had released a Swablu, which flew in the skies with a Swellow which was Adam's.

"Hey there!" Krystal said happily.

"Hi" I mumbled.

"How did you do at the Gym?" Adam asked.

"Lost" I sighed.

"Nevermind, Gym's are supposed to test your strength" Adam said kindly. "Keep training and go back someday...teach that guy a lesson"

"I will" I said, my mouth turning to a smile. I wandered down the road and left those two to their happy thoughts. Brett wasn't going to win next time, not once my egg had hatched....

Chris

Today was drab. I'm feeling a little bit better. I came downstairs in my dressing gown and just watched daytime TV. Wobbuffet made me a get well cake, and even iced an ecstacy pill on the top, but unfortunately Grandma's Skitty wolfed it down with her pestery Taillow. Taillow had, in fact, broken out its cage, and when Mum, Grandma and Tim came back from a day out, Grandma assured Mum that Wobbuffet opened the cage, despite the fact the only key was tied around Grandma's ingrown toenail.

A few hours later, Brett had come back from another 'hard day at work'. He told me he was battling Lewis today, and that he whupped him to pieces. He also battled Rika, the Miami League Champion. She had been so strong and kept her Champion post for three years now, and was currently doing training to become a member of an Elite-style league in the North. Apparently she was very strong when battling Brett; He told me she used Ninetales, the same one that wiped me out in the Miami League finals, as well as a Gengar, Ampharos and a Medicham. Brett's standard was 4-4's; he used an Armaldo, a Skarmory, a Scizor and a Mawile. Mawile wasn't actually as weak as people made out; Brett's was very powerful; it had grown to 3 feet, and knew Hyper Beam. It was awesome.

Tim was outside with his Pokemon; he had caught a Houndour a year or so ago, and the two were running around with his Hitmontop. Tim really wanted Houndour to evolve, because Houndoom were the ultimate in cool Pokemon. I doubt it will; Houndour are rare, and Houndoom are even rarer. They take a very long time to evolve. Suzie came through from the Kitchen with a glass of Peach Juice and sat down next to me.

"How are you?"

"Fine"

"Your Pokemon seem to be Ok" She began, sipping the thick drink. "Although Dustox is a little drowsy... Thing is, most the immediate effects will have gone now, but there may be traces in their blood"

I noticed Suzie never mentioned "Cocaine" or "drugs"

"Jodi and Whitney came round this morning, when you were asleep. They brought Seviper"

"How is he?" I asked. I had been asleep till about 3PM.

"Very subdued. I think he's depressed" Suzie replied all-knowingly, taking another sip of her peach juice. I've tried that stuff, but it's too thick for my liking.

I stared out through the french windows. I could just see the reserve behind our Garden, with a load of Pokemon running around happily. I sighed. Dad was currently on the phone, ringing our Lawyer, Mrs Malarky. Why we have a Lawyer I have no idea, but she was apparently very professional. I thanked Dad as he talked. Mum was making tea, until Grandma started adding sugar until the Korma turned a sickly black colour and began shooting sparks. I turned my attention back to the TV.

"CHRIS! CHRIS!"

Suzie charged into my room. The door burst open as she handed me an envelope.

"Why are you shouting?" Came my inquisitive cry.

"I saved it from Houndour" Suzie said. "And he's quick"

I was worried, for a brief moment that sunday morning, that I had awoke to bed news. I took the envelope and ripped it carefully, before taking the letter out and unfolding it.

"Mr Haruka...blah blah...congratulations...surprise, random blood tests for three random Poke- OH MY GOD!

I raced out my bedroom, letter clutched in hand.

CharizardILG27
9th December 2003, 02:50 PM
Gah, a cliffhanger!! Good chapter, a phew grammer mistakes but nothing bad. I wonder what the letter is about...cliffhangers make me crazy

DannyBoy
9th December 2003, 03:04 PM
That was a great chapter! Brett was a real jerk to Lewis. I hope Lewis goes back and wins big time. I wonder what will happen with that letter, Chris got either excited or freaked out cant really tell. What ever it is, I cant wait to find out. The congrads and blood test thing makes me wonder whats with that. There was a few typos but nothing to worry about, Keep it up!

Dragonfree
9th December 2003, 03:38 PM
You know, I find this type of cliffhangers more exciting than the live-or-die type (because I've never come across one where the character hasn't lived). This offers too wide a range of possibilities, I've already started making up theories that are probably each more wrong than the other...

Great job, Chris.

Chris 2.1
9th December 2003, 04:01 PM
Charizard: I apologise for the grammar; this document i use has no spellcheck 0_o;; so....I can't be perfect ^_^;; I tried explaining the cliffhanger, yet at the same time it does indicate what its about.....meh, i'm confusing myself ^^

Xtina: Yea, but at the same time Brett is, in a sense, trying to look after Lewis' Pokemon by refusing to fight.... This guy has been introduced as a jerk, yea, but we'll see if that changes. Do you really think Lewis can beat Brett? :P

Dragonfree: Hehe yea, a very confusing and intriguing type ^^ I'm sure you'll have fun thinking up possinilities for this while I type Ch5!

Chapter five is already 1/4 done, approx, and it features a scene I'm very proud of in an alleyway. No more on that, but It's very nice to have written and planned out! It's scaary tho...

Drade130
9th December 2003, 04:54 PM
Excellent as always. You know, from the first FRTC to the Indigo Road, to Monica's Army, and now to this, I can really tell how your writing skills have matured. I read back to the older ones and then read this. You really have changed, for the better of course!

DannyBoy
9th December 2003, 05:30 PM
Well it really all depends. If the egg hatchs soon and its a fire type he might be able to or if he trains a bit more he could. Anything can be possible but I have a feeling he will win next time with a new pokemon or some of his others will evolve.

Dragonfree
9th December 2003, 06:00 PM
Well, the egg isn't very likely to hatch, it's a Silcoon, remember?:rolleyes:

DannyBoy
9th December 2003, 07:13 PM
Oops my bad, sorry its been a long day and I am frusterated with my moms b/f. And when that happens I start forgetting things. But in Lewis eyes it seems to be an egg so when it evolves he will have a new pokemon. But sorry bout' the mix up.

War Raichu
9th December 2003, 07:43 PM
<Homer Simpson voice> Oooooh, cliff hanger! </voice>

I can't believe Lewis thinks his Silcoon is an egg! :rolleyes:

Powarun
9th December 2003, 10:06 PM
LOL, Lewis is stupid, maybe his parents worked at Mcdonalds and all they fed him were mcnuggets.

As for Chris, I know it has to be about one billion dollars, that would probally used as hush money from Mcdonalds, or something, that or his pokemon died.

Chris 2.1
10th December 2003, 12:51 PM
Teddy: Hehe, I think so, too ^^ Yea my style's more set and I really like my work, to be honest. I hope you all remember me when I leave!

Xtina: Lol, true, although he has Silcoon, remember? Well you'll see how the egg does soon enough, maybe ^^. I'm planning for it to be a special Beautifly, but we'll see HOW soon!

Rai: Hehe, yea I know. I remember Powarun saying they were just like eggs with eyes and it gave me an ingenious spark ^^.

Powarun: Lol I dunno....I'd like to write Lewis' folks in the fic sometime...if I HAVE time, that is. I am at a crossroad with the McDonalds plot...it's starting to get quite confusing. Well, I'll manage somehow......:)

Ch5 goin well. Bout halfway done.

Arnold
11th December 2003, 09:11 AM
Great to see you did a 3rd in the series....just finished reading the chapters and it's still great...lewis..he really is a dumb bugger ^^;;

anyways..can't wait to read the next chapter sounds like a exciting one ^^

Chris 2.1
11th December 2003, 02:04 PM
Arnold: Lol I know, Lewis is a no-hoper aint he? Glad you like the work so far!

Number1ChanseyFan
12th December 2003, 11:24 AM
I just read the chapters for the first time, your work is really good. The latest was very exciting, I would love to read the next chapter when you are finished, I bet that the next one is gonna be really cool and exciting too!! Keep up the good work!! :)

Also, BTW Brit Chris, I've been trying to send you a PM, but your inbox is full!!

Chris 2.1
12th December 2003, 11:42 AM
Thankyou so much for reading,Number1Chanseyfan:! I'm getting so many readers! s_s;; well I will empty my PM box and await your PM, thanks! Ch5 will be up within a week at the most, i'd guess.

Ultra_Poke2000
14th December 2003, 10:44 AM
dang, ive been gone for a long time, havnt i? o well. now, to catch up on stuff i missed: Lewis seems to be one of those guys that's stupid, doesnt know it, and will never learn, which is really funny! lol! as for my theory on the letter, im guessing its something from the official pokemon ppl/league/guys who are saying something like "congrats, your a great trainer and all, but to keep trainers from using illegal enhancment drugs and the like, all trainers must submit three of their pokemon, randomly chosen, for a drug test. dah dah dah duh dah..." and so bcuz Chris and his pokemon ate the cocain in the chicken nuggets from McDonalds thats going to be in thier blood and he'll be forced to stop being a trainer and possibly get arrested or something like that. thats just my thoery. anyway, great chapter Chris. keep up the good work! :wave:

Chris 2.1
14th December 2003, 10:57 AM
Ultra_Poke2000: Hehe, lovely theory my friend; we'll have to see how it shapes up.

Ch5 has been killed, unfortunately. It wont let me open the file on my pc, but i'll try on my laptop. If all else fails i'll simply rewrite it. No worries.

Dragonfree
14th December 2003, 11:13 AM
Ahhh! Chris, I hate your computer...

Powarun
14th December 2003, 02:16 PM
>_< lets put it this way, your computer won the least reliable piece of technology of the twiethith century. Arg, I wish I could strangle it.

Other than that, please keep writing.

Chris 2.1
14th December 2003, 03:03 PM
Powarun/Dragonfree: Lol. And I have hardly any time left here, too! Well i'll keep at it

SSMGoku
14th December 2003, 08:42 PM
:) :P This story get's better and better evetrytime i read a new chapter.

Chris 2.1
16th December 2003, 11:16 AM
SSMgoku: Thanks very much! It's an honour to recieve such optimistic replies to my work. I hope you enjoy Ch5!

Ch5 up soon...I hope. Definitely bny the weekend, earlier than that, even.

Dragonfree
16th December 2003, 05:36 PM

Something just occured to me...

There's two weeks left until you leave, Chris. Will you be able to finish From Sequel to Trilogy before that?

Chris 2.1
17th December 2003, 11:44 AM
Dragonfree: Well the lucky thing is, Ch5/Ch6 rounds a few things up, and everything after that is a bonus, really. I mean I should get Ch6/7 done by the end of the year! Don't worry.

Ch5 up soon! VERY SOON, maybe even tonight!

Chris 2.1
18th December 2003, 03:09 PM
Chapter Five
Thug Life
By Brit Chris

Chris

My letter was from the Pokemon National Health Service; the PNHS. They did checks on Pokemon trainers by sending them to regular blood tests for themselves and their Pokemon. Dad said he had been picked once, and it was very calm and not at all intimidating. He hadn't got drugged-up Pokemon, though...

So, that was all last week, and today you've caught me at the breakfast table having, ironically, breakfast with the family. At the head of the table was Grandma, scowling with her sharp green eyes. Mum and Dad were left and right to her, Tim and Suzie were next to their corrosponding gendered parent, and I sat next to Tim, while Brett sat next to Suzie. So on the left was Mum, Suzie and Brett, on the right was Dad, Tim and myself, and Grandma sat at the top. We hadn't been able to discuss the scan today, as Grandma still thought I had suffered from a migrane, ('He needs to get out more; too much electrimacal doodads, yup, that's it' she had told Mum). We stayed quiet on the matter.

"Hmph, this toast is too crisp" Grandma huffed, picking the floppy bread. It looked as if it was heated by a radiator for ten minutes. "Skitty, dearest, would you like it?"

She dropped it to the ground, leaving her plump furball to wolf it down. Skitty then romped around the table, begging for scraps like a dog. Taillow was now secure, back in its cage, and Flaaffy sat outside, smoking a pipe. Grandma got Flaaffy to smoke because Grandpa Norman smoked a pipe...I think she was dressing Flaaffy in suits, too...

I took some rashers of bacon and began wolfing them down. Grandma, after complaining her rasher was infact fat with bacon in the inside, dropped it from the table into her Skitty's gaping mouth. Mum looked horrified; that bacon was very expensive.

After our hearty meal, I cleared my plate and left the table. I took my Pokeball belt from my bedroom, loped it through my jeans and grabbed four Pokeballs in each hand (one going in each web between my fingers, the fourth between my thumb and index finger) and threw them out into the reserve. They each hit the floor and shot a red laser at their lodger, wherever they were. Seviper was recalled from the tree it coiled around; Pidgeot, who was on the topmost branch in the large tree and even Kecleon, who was camoflauged and scampering around the long grass. All eight were recalled and their now full Pokeballs shot back to my hand. Unfortunately, now they were large and coming fast, so I became pelted by the balls and fell to the floor.

"You Ok?" Tim asked apprehensively as Rocky, his Marcargo, sloppily slid towards him.

"F-f-fine" I gasped.

"You're appointment is in half an hour" He continued. "I'd set off soon"

So, after getting myself ready and collecting my Pokeballs, I set off firstly, to Whitney's house, before making my way to the clinic together.

Jane

Kecleon held my pins and needles, while Banette and Murkrow patrolled either end of the alleyway. I darned my trousers with a large red patch over it; it actually looked pretty good. You shouldn't sell yourself to crap clothes brands, it's all about creating your own trends and getting people to follow them. I sat in the darkness as the bitter, icy weather wrapped around my shoulders.

"Kecleon, hold those" I said, handing my chameleon two more pins. It smiled at me, his tongue snaking from his mouth and touching the tip of his nose. I laughed, before getting back to my work. After darning one pair of trousers, I folded them and placed them in my large backpack. From there i pulled out my NOFX hoody and was about to darn the sleeves after a bad day yesterday. I had gotten in a fight with some powderpuff in town. She called me a scraggy tramp, and put a cigarette out on my sleeve. I've got a caramel-brown burn on my skin now.

As I took the hoody from my bag, a creased picture fell out. I stared at it. I stood inbetween Mum and her boyfriend, Carl. He had her arm around her. She looked happy. So did I. I sniffed, clutching the photo and stuffing it in my bag. Turning, I saw a sillhouette at the end of the alleyway. Banette stood his ground, but being small didn't seem to be a problem for this large Pokemon.

"Leave us alone" I said. "Banette, prepare yourself"

Banette turned and nodded. An imp-like squeal came from his zipped mouth. As I stood there, Kecleon stood by my side. Murkrow was still patrolling around the corner. The shadow stepped forward again, revealling itself. It was a Blaziken. Why it was here, I soon found out, when a figure stepped into the light from the moon. He looked rough.

"How are you, trampy?" He sneered.

"Leave me alone" I cried, bitterness and innocence in my voice.

"We don't want to" The man growled. "Blaziken, ember"

The Pokemon clenched its fists and roared. Its orange-bottomed legs throbbed as jets of flame and small sparks shot from them. I leapt back in retalliation, as did Banette and Kecleon. Kecleon then spat the three pins at Blaziken, who suddenly clutched its leg in pain. While it slowly pulled the pins out, Kecleon blasted a psybeam and hit it.

"Banette! Shadow ball now!" I shouted.

"Go Rhydon!" The man commanded, releasing a large, stone rhino. The Pokemon took the shadow ball with ease, and swung its large tail around. Doing so, Banette was flung across the alleyway and smashed the floor behind me. I turned, but turned back as Kecleon used a quick attack on Blaziken. Blaziken swung its foot around, caught Kecleon and sent it flying with Banette. Both lay defeated. I recalled them, and grabbed my bag. I made a bee-line for the other end of the alley, which was around a corner. As I ran, I shouted for Murkrow to help me. I got no response. My legs pushed themselves as Blaziken sprinted after me. I could hear its feet thud against the floor loudly and unforgivingly. I grabbed a Pokeball from my belt and threw it. It hit Blaziken and released Crobat. He soared into the sky and flapped a large whirlwind. I stood behind him, calling out for Murkrow. She didn't return.

"Blaziken, take down" The man cackled. Errupting into flames, its body now streamlined with a layer of orangey-red fire, Blaziken forced itself through the air and tackled Crobat. Crobat flapped back and raced forward, but Rhydon released a Pewter Punch and sent Crobat flying back. It shook the damage off and continued to battle, but Rhydon and Blaziken both attacked, and soon Crobat was defeated.

"Leave me alone!" I cried. I recalled Crobat, and kept on running.

"Blaziken, follow her!" The man cried. "Rhydon return!"

I was so scared and so worried as I ran. Gengar was still taking time off after he got stoned yesterday. He wouldn't be able to battle at all. My mind throbbed with desperateness as the gears within clicked and tried to sort the situation out. I ran around the corner and came to the exit of the alleyway, only to find it blocked by three men. A Swampert was out, and one man, slightly infront of the other two, seemed to be its trainer. I then gasped as, looking down, I saw my Murkrow, bloodied, feathers ruffled and beak out of shape, lying on the floor in a pool of blood.

"Great work, Swampert" The man said. The other two agreed.

"MURKROW!" I screamed. "YOU BASTARD!"

They laughed.

"We've seen you in this alley a few times" The Swampert's trainer said. "What's wrong: did your hippy parents get arrested?"

"Was it 'too mellow' for you?" Another guffawed. I dropped to my knees, infront of Murkrow and gently sobbed as I heard Blaziken approach from behind. As I sobbed, the four talked.

"Sorry, but we hang here. Not you" The Blaziken trainer said. "Blaziken!"

Blaziken roared loudly. I screwed my eyes shut and ran past Murkrow and towards Swampert and the three men, but one tripped me up. They laughed as my face grazed against the rough, jagged floor of the alleyway. One man grabbed me by the collar and, with his strength, threw me back across to my designated spot. Now, the Blaziken and its trained joined the three men and the Swampert.

"Look at her" one man cried. "She has to sew her own clothes"

"Blaziken" The man commanded. "Take the bag"

Blaziken ran at me, but I leapt back.

"Get off!"

They immitated me in mock-baby voices. I grabbed two Pokeballs and released Duskull and my male Victreebel, the first one I had. The two stood opposite the four ruffians, who had Blaziken and Swampert go against them. Duskull floated up and blasted a nightshade. It shattered the ground, and Swampert blasted a water gun forward. Victreebel then released a razor leaf, which hit Swampert, but Blaziken leapt at my plant Pokemon and struck it with a fire punch. Victreebel sighed. Since mating, it was less agile and dedicated to battling. It used a vine whip on Blaziken, while Duskull blasted a psybeam at Swampert, but Swampert fired an ice beam, and Blaziken a Flamethrower, and soon my Pokemon were done.

"Blaziken"

"Swampert"

"Double hyper beam!"

"NO!" I screamed. I ran infront of my two unconcious Pokemon as the two large orange beams homed onto us. My eyes were screwed shut as an eternity went by. Then, I felt it. I collapsed.

Chris

Together we sat. Whitney was quiet, sensing my apprehension of the situation. Sometimes, she would ask the time, to which I would answer by murmuring the numbers on my silver watch. Minutes slipped by blissfully. I felt rather confused; Cocaine was bad...I was educated to think that, yet drugs themselves can save lives. Someone in the newspaper had been prescribed with drugs to get them off another drug; some people took drugs for medicinal purposes and they were very useful, but using a drug which was, to my knowledge, class C, felt as if I'd sinned against those looking out for me. Still, Whitney hadn't left me.... I had given the Doctor my eight Pokemon, which he took and ran tests while I waited. If their results were dodgy, I'd get a scan. I sighed into the leather couch as concern and worry flooded over me.

"Haruka, Chris"

I looked across at Whitney, who smiled. She gave me the thumbs up. I nervously paced the room, as the receptionist allowed Whitney to come, too. Thank god for her...

Together we walked into the room. The Doctor, who was a balding, grey man, took a seat behind a mahogany desk.

"Mr Haruka" He said. His eyes were surrounded by wrinkled, creased skin. He took off his half-moon spectacles and let them hang from the gold chain around his neck. "Your Pokemon's results were...disturbing"

My heart sank, as if someone had hurled a pebble down my throat like it was a wishing well of sorts. I felt myself redden as I looked at him. Here he was; the pure doctor, and here I was, with drugged-up Pokemon.

"We did tests on Seviper, Dustox and Electabuzz. Seviper and Dustox had traces of Cocaine in their blood. I have not done tests on any more of your Pokemon, as our policy is to test THREE randomyl chosen Pokemon. Now then, as your results could obviously be a lot worse, and as you don't have a bad record, you will not recieve a scan yourself, although your Pokemon will be sent to a rehabillitation class with you for two weeks"

"I see" I said lightly. "And...do I just take Seviper and Dustox?"

"Yes"

"Ok then" I said, my voice still light and floaty. "Where are the classes held?"

"At the community center, in town" The Doctor told me. "Begins at 9.30"

Together, we left the room and thanked the doctor.

"That wasn't too bad, I suppose..." Whitney began.

"Rehab'll be rubbish" I sighed. "Those people NEED help, I don't. The Doctor even said I didn't have a bad record"

"This is a sign that you could go downhill" Whitney pointed out irritatingly. "So they're ironing you out, so you'll be Ok"

I invited Whitney back to my place, where, once we got in, I introduced her to everybody. Grandma approached her wearily, asking why Suzie was so small all of a sudden, but Whitney didn't understand. Tim and Suzie each said hello. Brett was still at work, but Mum and Dad each introduced themselves to Whitney, who was thrilled to see Mum again. She thanked her for saving Bayleef. Mum told Whitney that she was a nice girl for me to date, which made us both blush. We quickly went upstairs.

Now, the thing is, see, I'm not the kinda guy who kisses and tells. But...since you are technically looking at this BECAUSE you want to hear the details, I'd better reveal a little. We sat on the bed and hugged, kissed and went on to do a little more. The minutes slipped by, and together we shared each moment like it was worth a diamond and a ruby. I don't know how long we spent together on my bed, but I enjoyed every second...

Krystal

"Finally, some time alone" I sighed, kicking my shoes off. I sat on the bank as Charizard, Ampharos, Shellgon and Steelix roamed the area around me. Kingdra and Dewgong swam around in the lake. Adam sat next to me and placed a hand on my hip. His Manectric, Camerupt, Alakazam, Glalie, Swellow and Mankey all explored the area where we were situated.

"Yea" Adam sighed, caressing my body. "All the time to ourselves..."

I sighed heavily and dreamily, fading into a lie-down. Adam supported me as he moved down to kiss my lips...

"KRYSTAL!"

I gasped. I turned, sending Adam rolling down the grassy bank and almost into the water. Kimi walked onto the scene, my Swablu perched on her shoulder. I'd given it to her to take care of after she decided to enter more contests to win more ribbons to do more bragging. Swablu chirped happily. Brock and Ash wandered alongside, Brock with a Mudkip out and Ash with a Pikachu on his shoulder.

"Looks like we've killed the mood" Brock said romantically.

"Anyone fancy a battle?" Chimed Ash.

"NO" Kimi snapped. "So, should we l-

"Yes" I snapped.

"I really need a battle for the league" Ash whined. "We're currently training in a league...erm, what's it called, Brock?"

"The Tedium League" Brock sighed.

"So, anybody fancy a battle?" Ash cried.

"Ash has been having after-effects from some anti-biotics he took" Kimi told me. "So...could someone battle him?"

"Fine" Adam growled. "Swellow!"

Swellow flapped onto the grass by Adam's side. Ash sent Pikachu out to battle.

"Go! Start with thunderbolt!" Ash screamed.

"Evade" Adam snarled. "DRILL PECK!"

Swellow was magnificent; it soared through the air, but less graceful as it shot at Pikachu. Despite running, Pikachu was struck and flew across the arena with a sickening thud. Swellow tore up into the air and watched. Pikachu, after getting back up, blasted an orangey-yellow thunderbolt from its red cheeks. The jagged streak of electricity bolted through the air, curving and aiming for Swellow.

"Swellow! Agility, then go for take down" Adam ordered.

Obaying, his Pokemon tore back around at Pikachu. Pikachu watched as the thunderbolt zipped past his targets body. Now worried, the small rodent scampered left and right as Swellow dived down. Pikachu turned, but was struck suddenly by the blue bird.

"Pikachu! Thunder!" Ash called weakly. Cheeks brimming with electricity, Pikachu launched a shaft of lightening towards Swellow. It curved across the smooth sky and darted at the rodent. Screaming, the mouse was thrown into the air by Swellow's sheer power. In mid-air, Pikachu was jousted by Swellow's magnificent beak and collapsed.

"Pikachu, KEEP GOING!" Ash roared.

"Swellow, steel wing" Adam shouted. Sparkling a metallic colour, the bird swooped down and knocked Pikachu out. Pikachu, dazed and confused, simply lay on the grassy floor as Swellow landed by Adam's side. Ash, having no option, shot a Pokeball beam and recalled Pikachu. May walked forward, a Pokeball in-between her fingers.

"Come on, cous" She growled.

"Fine" I sighed. "Great job, Adam. SHELLGON!"

My faithful little buddy scampered onto the arena to join the fray. I stood, watching Kimi as she threw a Pokeball out. It hit the ground, opened and formed into the one Pokemon I was apprehensive against battling: MY Espeon. Yes, folks, nbever forget to stop giving your favourite Pokemon to your relatives, else they'll do this to you...

"Shellgon! Tackle!" I roared. Gathering speed, my Pokemon collided sharply with Espeon. She flew back, but eisily landed on her feet and pounced towards Shellgon. Shellgon leapt into the air, but Espeon brought her beautiful tail swinging up and smashed it into him. For something so light and wavy, it was certainly very powerful.

"Espeon, psybeam!" Kimi shouted. From her jewel, Espeon blasted a beam of rainbow energy. Shellgon took the attack and recieved minimal damage, retalliating by headbutting my agile Espeon. Espeon hissed, before racing forward and making contact with a quick attack. Shellgon then used a flamethrower upon command, surprising Espeon by sending a streak of silky flames shooting past her ear.

"Be careful, Espeon!" Kimi cried. "Zap cannon"

Jewel glowing an electric yellow, Espeon began charging a large orb of electrical energy. Shellgon, meanwhile, was preparing to headbutt the psychic Pokemon. As he raced across the arena, but Espeon released the zap cannon, which made contact with Shellgon.

"Shellgon! Endure!" I screeched quickly. Shellgon began to glow, but it was too late. He was shocked, hit and hurled across the arena, landing infront of me with a sickening thud. Truth be told, he still looked ready to fight. He raced forward and tackled Espeon. She flipped back, firing another psybeam. This one missed. Shellgon charged and smashed into Espeon.

"Espeon!" Kimi cried.

"Just leave it there" I said to her. "Good job, Espeon. You too, Shellgon"

Shellgon looked exhausted, so I recalled him then and there. Kimi recalled Espeon.

"Well, we're heading to the Gym in Pontarico Town" Brock commented. "Nice meeting you again Krystal, and you, Adam"

"I hope we can battle again!" Ash cried. The three walked past us towards the other side of the mountain. Adam looked very frustrated.

"That guy is such a WANKER!" He snapped.

"Calm down" I said gently. "They're annoying, but...well...we're alone now, aren't we?"

"I'm not in the mood" Adam growled. "Come on, let's just go"

I walked down the rocky mountain, once my Pokemon were recalled, feeling like a deflated balloon. This had been fun, until those three had gotten here. I sniffed, upset that Adam was being in a foul mood. Chris was never like this...

Chris

"And THEN that's when we add the sugar" Delia Smith said. "I...just...dab it on...gently..."

Wobbuffet was taking more cooking lessons from Delia Smith on TV. Whitney and me sat infront of the TV while Whitney's Bayleef was talking to Suzie's outside. All of her Pokemon were once nervous to go to the reserve, but now they seemed to enjoy it now. Mum and Grandma were both shopping, but Dad and his Venomoth were outside with Tim. Suzie was in her room.

"This place rocks" Whitney said calmly.

"Thanks" Came my weak reply.

"I mean...your own reserve" She said dreamily. Whitney stretched across and pecked me on the cheek.

"I guess we're lucky" I said lightly. "WOBBUFFET! Can we change over?"

My psychic Pokemon nodded, after putting his christmas cake in the fridge. I didn't tell him you added the egg white, not the egg shell, and that his icing made him look dyslexic. Whitney liked Wobbuffet, but after his nasty battle with Absol so long ago, and had refused to battle since. I left him out my team and put Weezing in. She was a good battler, and liked me very much. We had battled a trainer with a Hitmonchan yesterday, and Weezing did amazingly well, combining a flamethrower from her foetus-like head and a thunderbolt from herself, making a double whammy and an excellent combo.

I heard the door.

"I'll get it!" Came my healthy cry. It was probably Mum and Grandma, back from '$ave$ave$ave', the local, cheap supermarket that smelled of feet and burning plastic. I jogged the length of the room and approached the door. I opened it and stared freshly at the person facing me.

It was the last person I expected.

Dragonfree
18th December 2003, 03:37 PM
Hmmm... was it Krystal, perhaps?;) If so, we now have a triangle of Chris, Whitney and Krystal. How is this going to end...

o.O Do you have big issues with Murkrow? You've now killed off two of them (or at least killed one and seriously injured another).

Did I miss something, or is that Jane thing just something that hasn't been mentioned before?

Rehabillitation? How very fun...:rolleyes: Can't wait to see that...

Chris 2.1
18th December 2003, 03:45 PM
Heck, it could be anybody! Well usually I am fine with Murkrow but yes, two have died in this fic. The Jane part, is the first in a few but we hear more of why she's like this as we progress. It may be confusing, but it's very interesting to write. As is Rehab ^^

War Raichu
18th December 2003, 03:51 PM
Ooh! Chris has a girlfriend! Or make-out friend, at the very least. :rolleyes: And I do LOVE cliffhangers! :D Who shall be at the door..............?

Powarun
18th December 2003, 08:13 PM
Wait, hold on, hold on, first you kill another Murkrow, no biggie, but you returned Ash's pikachu to its pokeball, now there was your mistake, ever since the first episode it has not been in its pokeball, how can you break the chain. I am just joking, actually this chapter was pretty cool. Oh, and if you need any ideas about rehab, I can help, I went through it, no I didn't do drugs, but I needed help emotionally and over half the kids that I did rehab with, were druggies, and spoke of their problems. If you are going to kill another pokemon, can you make it a drozee though?

Chris 2.1
19th December 2003, 10:32 AM
Rai: Yea, THIS was the coupling I mentioned :) Who is at the door? OoOoOoOoOoHh YOU'll have to wait and see!
:P

Powarun: Help would be appreciated, yes. BTW Pikachu was A: in very bad shape and his Pokeball would stop him getting worse and B: this is Pikachu's stunt double, he gets recalled fine! Oh, and I shall kill a Drowzee for you :)

Dragonfree
19th December 2003, 10:49 AM
Can you kill a Kingdra for me too? Well, on the other hand, nah. I'll do it in my own fics, as soon as I feel a longing to put a Kingdra in them at all.

Ultra_Poke2000
19th December 2003, 06:36 PM
so i was right! aha! at least all chris has to do is go to rehab, although i dont see why he didn't tell the doctor the truth about McDonalds.;) anyway, the battle with Ash was funny, but im not sure how the whole chris-krystal-whitney thing will turn out. that is, if it's Krystal at the door! ;) oya, today is the Friday right b4 my winter break! WOOHOO!(homer simpson style) i go back to school on Jan. 7 btw. YAY! awsome! victory dance! *does funny little victory dance* hehehe...

Oh, and I shall kill a Drowzee for you LOL! imagine someone saying that in casual conversation. lol.

well, till later my friends! :wave:

Drade130
19th December 2003, 07:33 PM
*Laughs evilly, pulls out his duck tape, shotgun, map and large boat with a van in it*

Chris...When you leave TPM, you should take a trip to America with me...

Loved the chapter, I can't wait for rehab, that will be great for Seviper ^_____^!

Chris 2.1
20th December 2003, 10:10 AM
Dragonfree: Lol, personally im a Kingdra fan, so no can do, my friend. You're welcome to kill A kingdra in your own fics, I guess.

Ultra: i doubt the doctor would have believed him...it's a very far fetched story really, isn't it? The love triangle, well square if you want to include Adam, will probably finish nicely *crosses fingers* but it may be either very happy or very sad!

Teddy: Well someone's sadistic! Hehe. Dustox and Seviper have a great time at rehab.......but Chris doesn't!

Drade130
20th December 2003, 08:01 PM
sa...sa...sadistic? No no no, i just want more of this fic.Tis like god is writing it. Nah its just Chris :->!

Dragon_Claw
21st December 2003, 07:27 AM
I just came back for a visit, to see how everybody was doing. And to my surprise, Chris quitted Monica's Army and continued with Chris. From now on, I shall be an avid reader once again.

Anyhow you never fail to surprise me using your talents. Good work my friend, and keep it up!

Chris 2.1
21st December 2003, 03:59 PM
Teddy: Phew! I was worried there. Glad you like the work.

Dragon_Claw: Hello stranger! Hehe glad youre back and enjoying my new work, thanks mate.

Ch6 on halt while I am away from home (sniff ;_;) but i'll be back soon!

Oakbark
26th December 2003, 09:26 AM
Hiya Chris, it's me - Oaky!

Just letting you know I'm back 'til the end of the sequel, or should I say sequel's sequel. I've been reading the chappies all the time, but because of a dodgy connection I've had to hurry, save pages offline, and read them without time to reply.

But it's ok now, and I'm here for a quick reply.It'll be sad seeing you go from here, but then again I'll also be going - need to get outside the box. I take it you'll wait until new year? Or is it until your birthday?

I'm glad Chris has found a friend (or make-out-with) friend. But I sense hints of regret from Krystal (i.e "her comment about Chris never having the angry spurts like Adam")
Could it be her waiting at the door, tears in her eyes, waiting for a shoulder to cry on? If it is, would Chris take the opportunity to get her or does he like Whitney enough? Is Whitney just an outlet for his disappointment over Krystal, kinda like him being on the rebound? Oooh, the questions, the questions!!!!

Here's the first of the last set of posts.

Later!

Oakbark.

Chris 2.1
26th December 2003, 09:57 AM
Oakbark: Hey, and goodbye! Almost ;_; well glad to see you here, and you NEVER KNOW who's at the door! Well, you will VERY soon indeed!

I am dreadfully sorry, I';ve been busy with the festivities and whatnot, but at the same time, working on Chapter 6. The 'fic' will have an epilogue, too, which will be a shorter version of a Chapter, summing up FRTC altogether...for ever!

Ch6 is being polished, and is below! Enjoy!

Chapter Six
Agreements and Conflict
By Brit Chris

Jane

My arm hurt. I barely got up. I looked around. I was in a different alley. To my right, a neon sign flickered slightly. It was light now; I could hear cars rush by the road I presumed was nearby. I brushed my hand across my cheek and felt a twinging gash. It was cracked and dry. My Pokemon were all here, save for my poor, poor Murkrow. I began to cry.

My bag had been stolen. All my weed, all my rollies and my lighter. To top it off, my money I took from home, my clothes and everything I had that reminded me of life back home. That could be a plus, I suppose. My right arm, the one that hurt, had tatters of the sleeve that was once there, probably from those people who attacked me. I whined thinking of my pain, but knew I had to overcome this; I couldn't crawl back home...

I wondered what I could do. I wandered onto the streets, but didn't recognise where I was at all. People stared at me, treating me like filth or ****, something they barely regard at all. Murkrow...dead. Banette, Duskull, Kecleon, Crobat and male Victreebel were all beaten to a pulp. Gengar was stoned, and female Victreebel was laying her seeds. I was defenceless.

"There she is, officer!"

I turned to see a familliar face run at me - it was the Blaziken trainer from last night. A policeman ran alongside. Panicking, I leapt down the alleyway and looked around. It was a long straight that branched off to left and right. I sprinted as fast as I could, but soon found myself weak in the rib area. I must be hurt. I began to slow down as familliar cries of my name and 'goth girl!' echoed through my mind. I began to sway and barely kept myself up as I pressed on. I needed some miracle...

I cried out.

A Growlithe tackled me. I fell to the ground. It had a hold of my clothes in its sharp teeth. I was scared. I saw the round, corpulent officer jogging with the Blaziken trainer. They approached me.

"Keep still, Drugs Bunny"

"Please! I hurt everywhere!" I cried innocently.

"We had to attack her, officer" The trainer said. He glared at me uncomfortably. "She was trying to curse us with her ghost pokemon"

"He stole my bag! He took my posessions AND launched a hyper beam at me!" I defended.

"I aimed a hyper beam at the ground, to scare her, and SHE ran into it"

Actually, he was right!

"This lad saw you taking a lot of drugs on many occaisions" The policeman said angrily. "He's confiscated them, and we're sending you to rehabillitation"

"This guy was awful" I whined.

"Doing my job" He answered gruffly. "As a model citizen"

I sighed as I was handcuffed. I couldn't believe it. This guy, as well as his friends, must have been smoking my joints and my weed...and probably making a fire with my clothes. My wallet would be raided so they could buy booze...yeuk, the sheer thought of what they did with my posessions made me sick, metaphorically. I watched the trainer's face as he mimed smoking a joint. The bitter bastard...

Chris

"What the -"

I stared, open-mouthed, at the figures standing on my doorstep. At the front was Ronald McDonalds, sporting his red perm, his loveable yet hideous clown shoes and his cheery, painted-on smile. To his right was Grimace, the purple blob. He looked very nervous, with a sense of angriness in the stare from his small eyes. Behind him and slightly to the left was Hamburglar, already unscrewing the bulb from out outside light and stashing it in his Pocket. His red tie sported mini-hamburgers and made me smile. Next to him was Birdie, the yellow bird, looking as if she'd been mugged during a shoot-out in the aftermath of a nuclear bomb, IE - Nervous.

"Hey-low there!" Ronald cried googilyly. "Aaaaaaarr YOU Chris Haruka?"

"Ye-

"SUPER!" Hamburglar cried in a toffee-nosed accent. "Absolutely corking, old chap"

"We're here to negotiate..." Grimace murmured; if I hadn't known better, I'd have sussed he read from a cue card.

"Over your class-action court case against us" Ronald said, his voice murmury and sad.

"Well come on in, and we'll talk business" I said cheerily. "Whitney, look! It's the McDonalds freaks!"

"PLEASE, freak is such a diabolical term" Hamburglar uttered. "We prefer rejects of normality"

"They're both pretty dumb" Whitney noted, taking my hand. "Anyway, come on in"

We all grouped around the dining table.

"We have a VERY generous offer" Ronald said kindly.

"You're sure to say yes!" Birdie cried, shooting nervous glances after she spoke.

"Go on..." I began. Ronald got, from his side, a large, leather breifcase with golden, padlocked hinges. He typed in a 3-digit code and the hinges sprang open. He opened it up and displayed the most amount of foil cards I had ever see. This was amazing!

"We even have the limited edition 'Brendan' Card" Ronald noted.

"Oh my god!" I cried. "And this is in exchange for my silence?"

"Yes...silence is golden" Grimace murmured. "I AM THE ANGEL OF DEATH! BOOYA!"

Grimace roared and sprinted off into the reserve. As he did so, Seviper lunged at him and began tearing his costume up. Grimace was screaming uncontrollably while purple, fur-fabric tatters lay around the floor.

"We'll also give you 500 BIG ONES" Ronald said, eyes widening piggily.

"I'LL SIGN!' I cried, grabbing a biro from the study. Ronald handed a slip of paper with very tiny writing. I signed my name on the dotted line and smiled at Ronald. He gave me an unforgiving stare back.

"Chris! He could be conning you..." Whitney pled. "It may be a trick..."

"He isn't, he works with KIDS, Whitney" I said, stating the obvious. "He's no criminal"

"No..." Ronald began. "GO! GO!"

Together, the three lifted the table over. Me and Whitney ran back as Birdo, Ronald and Hamburglar ran out the front door, leaving their breifcase with them. I looked at the card of Shiny Electabuzz.

"WHAT ABOUT MY MONEY?" I cried.

"YOU'LL GET YOUR 500!" A voice cried back. "VERY SOON!"

Whitney may have shot me a dismissive look, but I happily took the suitcase up into my room, taking Whitney with me for a make-out session.

Krystal

Today we sat by Pontefract Lake. It was a glistening, crystal-clear lake in a pure forest east of Pontarico town. Adam had released Swellow, who was practising his double team against Manectric, who was practising his thunderbolt attacks. I hadn't been able to see Adam all week; he had a part-time job at a Warehouse, where he put things into boxes for 6 hours a day. He told me the pay was good. Sucker. I had brought Azumarill with me, so now I had her, Shellgon, Charizard, Steelix, Ampharos, Kingdra and Dewgong - a total of 7 Pokemon.

Adam and me had prepared a really nice picnic. The idea was the same as last weeks, but this time we were by a peaceful lake instead of a mountain crest. I had to tell Mum about Adam, because Kimi had visited on thursday and had, unfrotunately, told my Mum I had something to tell her, something that, if I didn't explain, she would. I shuddered at the look of content on Kimi's face. Needless to say, Mum was angry as hell, but now she's calmed down somewhat.

I took an egg mayonaise sandwich and began eating. I'd sprinkled ground pepper on lightly, just for some added flavour, and it really did the job. Dragon Rock sent me a letter asking when my visit to Pontarico would end. They had, unfortunately, had to pass a new rule expelling any non-dragon Pokemon. I, of course, argued Ampharos' Japanese name. Denryuu, did have a dragon-sounding part to it, but that wasn't allowed. I would have to leave Steelix, Azumarill, Espeon, Ampharos AND Dewgong at home. I then thought about catching another Swablu, since Kimi and MY Swablu were now best buddies. I mean, if she would have evolved into Altaria we would be awesome, as Altaria IS a dragon. Anyway, unless I caught more Pokemon, I'd head back with only Kingdra, Shellgon and MAYBE Charizard...

I stopped eating suddenly. Manectric and Swellow had both stopped battling and had now approached the lake's edge, after spying a bubbling on the surface.

"What's up, guys?" Adam asked.

"Ectric" Came his dog's reply. "Man man"

"I'll send Kingdra for a look" I said, wiping mayonaise from my mouth and grabbing a Pokeball. "GO KINGDRA!"

Kingdra emerged. I was rather intrigued, as the lake was still and silent most the day. We were told no Pokemon inhabited it at all, so if there WAS one, then I'd like to see what it was.

"Kingdra, check out the lake, tell us wh -

I was cut off. A large roar issued as a snake-like figure rose from the waters. It was...a Gyarados! This one had reddish-gold scales, and looked very tall. I guessed it was fully grown. The Gyarados launched its head down, but Kingdra ducked underwater and avoided it. Gyarados must have been angry because Kingdra was in its territory. I watched apprehensively, as Gyarados watched Kingdra from underwater.

Smash.

With a terrifiying roar, Gyarados swung its tail up and sent Kingdra flying out of the water. It landed back into the crystal clear lake and bobbed back up.

"DRAGON RAGE!" I shouted. Kingdra shot a silky shot of teal flames at Gyarados. Gyarados, using its sinewy body, squirmed to the left and evaded it. Roaring again, it blasted a hyper beam down at us.

"Swellow, protect!" Adam cried. For the second time, I witnessed Swellow conjour up a large, yellow star over us. The impact was wearing out the forcefield Swellow was producing, but soon enough, it stopped.

"Swellow, Manectric! Steel wing and Thunderbolt, GO!" Adam roared desperately.

"Azumarill, Dewgong!" I shouted. "Double ice beam! Kingdra, twister!"

Azumarill and Dewgong each fired a beam of icy moisture. Gyarados, after taking the powerful, double-blast attack, seemed to have a middle segment of its body frozen. Swellow then shot past it in a metallic streak and smashed into its side. Manectric's yellow streak of electricity shocked the bugger even more, but not before Kingdra fired a large twister of green energy at Gyarados.

It roared loudly. Another hyper beam issued.

"EVERYBODY, GET OUT THE WAY!" We screamed. The group spread out. Adam released Pupitar.

"Pupitar! Hyper beam!" He cried. "Krystal, send out more Pokemon! Overpower Gyarados!"

As Pupitar released a large, orange beam of immense power, I grabbed Charizard's Pokeball and sent him into the fray. Roaring, my Pokemon soared above Gyarados' head and blasted down upon him a torrent of flames. They circled Gyarados while he was weakened by a hyper beam from Pupitar. Pupitar hopped up and down frantically, before becoming enveloped in an amazing, white glow...

...but I had no time to watch.

"WATER POKEMON, USE HYDRO PUMP!" I ordered. "Charizard, go for Iron tail!"

"Tyranitar!" Adam cried happily. "GO! Use shadow ball!"

I turned to see a gigantic figure charging a purple ball of shadows, umbras and spirits. Once the ball was large enough, about the size of a computer, Tyranitar hurled it UP into the air, before smashing it forward with its massive paw. Gyarados was struck heavily by the jets of water, the smash into the face from Charizard, and was finished off by the purple ball splitting over him and causing a huge explosion.

"Phew' I gasped. I grabbed a Pokeball from my belt.

"Krystal..." Adam began. "YOU'RE going to catch it?"

"Well, it's strong, it's a dragon..." I said, my eyes rolling. "GO POKEBALL!"

Gyarados was smashed on the head and brought inside its captive home. I cheered loudly as the ball came back to me.

"Great catch, Krystal" Adam mumbled, grabbing a bacon roll. He recalled Tyranitar.

"I'll take that sarcasm seriously" I bragged, reaching for a can. I drank the Dr.Pepper (I never knew it tasted so fruity...) and smiled at my sucess.

Chris

"Now then" A soothing voice said. "Are we all ready?"

Nobody listened. They just talked among themselves, or in most cases, TO themselves.

"So, what are you in for?" I asked Jane. Jane was on my right. On my left was some fat punk with a mohawk.

"Found in posession of gange" Jane mumbled. I noticed she tried disguising her arm, which was in tatters. It had scabbed well, but looked atrocious.

"What happened to your arm Jane?" Came my innocent question.

"Nothing" She replied.

"Erm...hello?" The lady in the circle cooed. "Ready to start?"

"That wasn't from nothing" I said angrily. "Come on, Jane. Were you bullied?"

Jane turned, staring out the window at the pleasent wintery scene outside. While her mind drifted to winter, mine drifted to all that money and all those foil cards! I even got the rare, limited-edition holofoil POKEDEX card!

"Y-yes" She uttered. Her face was reddening with humiliation. "I was mugged and attacked by four rough-looking men in an alleyway last night. They killed my Murkrow with their Swampert, and their Blaziken beat up most of my Pokemon"

"What were you doing in an alley?" I asked keenly.

"People!" The lady screeched. "Quiet now!"

"I..." Jane began. "I...left home. Mum got a new boyfriend. Called Carl. Right bastard he is. Dislikes me smoking. He tried getting on with me, but...he just picked at me, at the same time. It was as if he was befriending me infront of Mum, really, to make her happy. Then he started taking Mum out for meals, or to the cinema, and left me out the circle. Me and Mum got on great before; we bonded once Dad died, it brought us together, but Carl tore us apart. One night, I had packed my things and was at the door. I told Mum to choose, choose between me, her daughter, flesh and blood, or Carl, her boyfriend. 'Carl is my life, Jane dear' She said. ' Maybe you'll understand when you fall in love'. I wasn't expecting that, so thinking rationally I just left. I used Gengar to cloak me, so they wouldn't find me. Carl put on a mock-plea voice and called all over for me. I was, at one point, about five feet from where he stood, but I searched the city for someplace to live"

"I see" I mumbled. "W-where do you live?"

Jane looked at me sharply.

"I won't tell Carl"

She sighed.

"I know you wouldn't..." She began soothingly. Her voice became rapt and hushed. "I'm living in St. Martin's Church, the abaondoned one"

"That must be freezing" I said, not exactly to Jane; it was more of a comment in general.

"OH FOR GOD'S SAKE!" The plump women cried. "I'VE ASKED FOR QUIET FOR SO, SO LONG NOW! CAN'T YOU PEOPLE JUST LISTEN TO ME? IS IT SO MUCH TO ASK?"

She broke into tears.

"*hic* W-we'll meet on thursday for the first proper session" She sniffled. "Oh god, I need whiskey"

Rather profoundly, the women left the room, her curly blonde hair bobbing up and down from her round head. As her plum-coloured dress disapeared around the doorframe, people began to get up and disperse. One man, grizzly and mangy, toppled over and smashed his head on a chair. Some people flocked to help him, while me and Jane simply wandered out of the room and went outside.

The weather was bitter. It was forecast to snow over the next week. With Christmas simply drizzly and wet, and New Year damp and soggy, the weather could at least pick up before I started Spring Term at College. Jane and me ploughed past the heavy winds as they forced against us.

"I'm cold..." Jane murmured. She placed an arm around me. "You'll keep me warm"

"Heh, yea" I began, trailing off. Meh, she had a good reason, I suppose.

"Listen..." Jane began. "You got any medicine for my Pokemon?"

"Erm..." I began. "Yea, I've some in my bumbag. Hey, did you know they're called fannypacks in the states? Fanny is BUM over there, I guess. Or maybe cos they go over the fanny...I mean if you wore a bumbag on the bum then everybody could steal stuff from it..."

I blabbered on as we turned down into a dark alleyway next to the building we'd left. I turned my bumbag around to get to the compartment, and when I'd pulled out the mint-green bottle of medicine I saw Jane leaning against the alley wall, watching me with seductive eyes.

"You want this?" I asked her, raising an eyebrow.

"I want you" She purred, stalking forward. She put her hands on my shoulders, turned me around and pressed me against the wall very fluidily. Is fluidily actually a word, I wonder? Meh, who cares? (I say Meh WAY too much...). I was apprehensive and of course, worried, as I was dating Whitney. It was impossible to pull out of it; her tongue ensnared my senses, in a somewhat unsexual way, and kept me rooted to the spot. We kissed for what seemed like an eternity; small noises were absorbed and forgotten as we kissed; a Rattata knocked a can over, but it was soon drowned out by my emotions running high at the time. Unfortunately for me, the one person who could have stayed away was here, as I heard their shrill voice pierce the moment -

"CHRIS!"

It was Whitney. I pulled from the kiss, Jane's arms still around me, to see Whitney, in her Parka Jacket, standing at the entrance to the alleyway. We were a few feet inside its gloomy presence.

"Whitney!" I cried, pulling away from Jane. "What are you doing here?"

"Me? I'm surprised you remember me" She hissed coldly. "I came to pick you up from your first meeting, and decided to keep you warm on the walk home. I come here and see you with this gange-smoking tramp of a girl, KISSING in an alleyway? You two-timing jerk!"

"I'd rather be a tramp than a powderpuff like YOU" Jane snapped.

"Fine!" Whitney cried hysterically. "Fine Chris. If you want to throw your life away, go ahead. If you want to snog ratty girls in dank alleyways after rehabillitation for the posession of drugs, GO AHEAD!"

She stormed off.

"Whitney!" I cried. "Whitney, she came on to me for god's sake!"

" And 'she' wants to come on to you again" Jane said seductively.

"Leave me alone" I snapped. I bolted out of the alleyway and into the harsh, windy night. It was beginning to get dark, and in the space of a few seconds, my life was reversed around. Whitney hated me, Whitney had, presumably, chucked me; Jane had spouted new feelings for me, feeling's that I didn't have back, and I've left two girls disapointed and downtrodden. I could really use Krystal right about now...

Calvin

"Please...we have nothing you want..."

"Just go..."

"DO NOT GIVE ME ORDERS!" I bellowed. The two trembled. "Absol...sudden death on Drowzee. NOW!"

Absol nodded, racing forward and launching into the air. The Drowzee shifted directly infront of his trainer, who was shivering behind her partner. She watched fearfully, gripping her cinnamon pigtails with her clammy hands. Her brother, to her left, stood with his Hypno. While slightly taller, he was no more heroic in the face of myself. Or so I thought.

"Hypno! Psybeam!" He shouted.

"Absol, halt" I demanded. "Let him attack"

As Absol stood, the blade on its head still glowing a feverish cyan, Hypno blasted a rainbow-sparkling beam from its mouth. It passed through Absol as if it were a gas of sorts. The boy gasped, stepping back. I smirked, took off my shades and pointed.

"SUDDEN DEATH! GO FOR DROWZEE!"

"Hypno! Please! Focus punch!" The boy sniffed, staring at the ground. The shattered remains of Hypno's pendulum lay on the ground. Both lost what confidence they once began with.

"TO HELL WITH YOUR DAMNED FOCUS PUNCH!" I screamed, getting my gun. One blast, and Hypno lay on the ground. The boy screamed, leaping down to comfort his Pokemon. "It's dead" I said stonely, as the boy began crying. "Dear me, we're at January 1st and you're already one Pokemon down. Aren't we unlucky"

"Drowzee! Use -

"Absol, use a Bullet Tackle and just finish it off" I said lazily. Absol sparkled silver and tackled Drowzee, who, before even being able to hit the ground, was recalled by the little girl, in fear of him dying, too.

"Please, don't kill us" The girl whimpered. Tears formed in her green eyes and trickled down her face. "We've had such a fun Christmas"

"Oh, really" I said, mocking her babyish voice.

"What did you get from Father Christmas?" She asked shyly.

"DO NOT SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT!" I roared. "I AM NOT YOUR FRIEND! I AM HOLDING YOU AT GUNPOINT!"

The cold winds picked up and blew our hair slightly. The boy, about 12, got up. His sister looked about 9.

"If you let us go, we won't tell anybody" He whimpered.

"How would you explain that bullet in Hypno?" I sneered. "Absol, Mightyena"

The two wolf-like Pokemon stared at me. I had to say it. Two words, that was all. The words lay cluttered in my throat. I swallowed, sending the idea away. It came back as I clutched my gun. I had shot a Pokemon a few times, but never a human. Holmes said it 'broke you in', and in my what, 2, 3 years of being in the Organisation, I'd just hung back while people did missions. Now...now was the time.

"K-k" I stuttered. "Kill them"

I'd done it.

Dragonfree
26th December 2003, 11:35 AM
Now, let's see... Jane's turned into a freak. Chris has turned into a victim. Whitney, however, has turned him down. Ronald McDonald has turned into a desperate briber who owns a lot of holofoil cards. Krystal has turned revengeful and now it's her who's catching a pokémon someone else has the honour of defeating. Calvin has turned to the dark side. Those two kids have been turned into ghosts who will hopefully haunt Calvin for the rest of his life. The only one who hasn't turned is Adam, so I guess he's alone with the right side up. The poor guy.

Yeah, I'm feeling freaky at the moment. How could you guess?

War Raichu
27th December 2003, 02:27 AM
Man, Chris is REALLY unlucky. :rolleyes: And Calvin is REALLY evil. And Ronald McDonald is a con man. :P It's gettin' good!

Drade130
27th December 2003, 07:49 AM
Wow, Jane? Wow! I'm really curious about Jane, I believe I'm attracted to her in an odd sort of cartoony way. Great chapter Chris!

Powarun
27th December 2003, 08:25 AM
Yay you killed a drozzee and a Hypno, thank you. Yay. But you killed two kids, hope Calvin doesn't go into denial.

Chris, when will he learn that inanimate objects don't bring happiness, and what would have happened if those cards were fake. And why didn't you sue Mcdonalds for their money like 200000000 Euros, or somethign and buy all those cards back.

Wel thanks Brit Chris, well I am a bit busy, so happy new year. and that goes to the rest of you readers too.

Oakbark
27th December 2003, 09:06 AM
Poor Chris, and stupid Jane. You know I really feel sorry for Whitney, in a strange "chris-isn't-good-enough-for-you-whitney" way - if you get my drift.

Jane annoys me for some reason, I just don't like her, or the people she represents (i.e. drug addict). Oh well.....

Ronald McDonald is a freak!!! Is there anyone that actually likes clowns, or semi-human clowns? Chris was sooo duped by them - why oh why must he act like a fool?

The way Chris wanted Krystal as a friend by the end of the chapter make me think he's getting over her somewhat, and getting used to the fact she's unavailable to him.

Calvin's gotten really evil, is he really the same nice guy from FRTC?

Gotta go.

Later.

Oakbark.

CharizardILG27
27th December 2003, 11:09 AM
hahah niucechapter Chris! Porr Chris, i feel bad for him. I hate when that happens never to me though heh,

i cant speel today

meh meh meh

see ya

Chris 2.1
29th December 2003, 11:58 AM
Dragonfree: Adam has turned; in FRTC he was a cyber geek and over the years he has sorta changed into a cool guy, I guess. This chapter was kinda dark, with Calvin and all the rest, but the epilogue, nearly finished, is pretty cheery.

Rai: I know...poor guy. Luckily I wasn't caught in such a situation! Thanks for reading!

Teddy: Really? I think Ch5 increased sympathy for her really, that's mainly it. I don't really find myself attrracted to any of the characters....well, Krystal's sorta cute ^^

Powarun: Hmm, we'll never know. I think he might, deep inside, but he'll have to squash it out his system, or else he'll surely lose his job...

Oak: You feel SORRY for her....b ecause CHRIS isn't good enough? :-? well I'm confused >__<
Jane's a nice enough girl; I'm not too keen on stoners (the name for them) myself, but my GF was a stoner, and one time she took me under a tree, while about 7 people smoked themselves stupid >_>. I know, it wasnt fun...
Chris and Krystal need each other, me thinks. Ideally, I'd like to have written another TIR, where they go off, with Tony and maybe Calvin if he wasn't evil. Oh well.

Charizard: Oh really? Never happened to you? *raises eyebrows* I know your type, lol! I hayt eet whan youu carnt spell veery wall. Meh Meh Meh

Epilogue under way, up soon!

Drade130
29th December 2003, 12:36 PM
Well, let's just say that if you don't leave *holds up shotgun and grins* There should be more Jane scenes. :x

Powarun
29th December 2003, 06:48 PM
Eh, I don't like stoners either, they just are way too slow, but is Jane also a Goth? Hmm, well was Ronald on drugs, that was something I was wondering while rereading the chaoter. Hmm, I saw a possible drug connection between Jane and Ronald if it was true, but that would be another story. Hmm, how are you going to wrap all this up without your computer messing up?

Chris 2.1
30th December 2003, 08:43 AM
Teddy: Lol, well my mind is mnade up, sorry!

Powarun: Well the Epilogue is nearing completion, actually. It's got Chris and Krystal perspectives on everything, and it even ends with a news report! Hehe. Hope you enjoy, it's posted tomorrow, MY LAST DAY HERE!!! *cries*

Ultra_Poke2000
31st December 2003, 06:54 AM
eep! today is your last day? so soon? nooo... o well.

o ya. TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!! W00T!!! GO ME, GO ME! I'm 14! woohoo! lol! alright, i'll cya guys later.

o ya, Chris, btw, what's been happening in Great Brittan with the change from pounds to euros? im just curious, seeing as you're the only person i know who's from Europe at this moment.

bye ppls! :wave:

CharizardILG27
1st January 2004, 10:41 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOO No No no NO NO NO! Chris is leaving! :( *cries* You and your fics will be dearly missed. At least this story will, end. Happy New Year Chris, and have fun outside of TPM! :(

-CharizardILG27

Dragonfree
1st January 2004, 11:26 AM
Chris? Chris? WHERE'S THE EPILOGUE?:confused: I NEED THE EPILOGUE! YOU CAN'T LEAVE WITHOUT POSTING THE EPILOGUE!

Chris 2.1
1st January 2004, 12:35 PM
Dragonfree, I won't leave until the epilogue is posted. There are a few reasons I can't leave just yet.

there are two ways to acess the internet, my Laptop and the PC. Now, my brother, after proving he knows computers, dismantled it and the internet cable has disapeared. Dubious indeed. I can't acess the internet on the PC. Nevermind, we have the LAPTOP! *applause dies down*

The laptop's disc drive is faulty after SOMETHING, dunno why, so I can get on the internet on the laptop, but can't acess the Epilogue. On the PC, I can acess my Epilogue, but can't get on the internet.

By now I should have been long gone with NOTHING but lovely, fresh memories baked in your mind, all of me me me! Alas, I'll be 'hanging around' (loosely,I assure you) until I can get the epilogue up.

Thanks all

Oakbark
1st January 2004, 12:58 PM
Hiya Chris. I guess this'll be one of my last posts, on this site and to you.

Hate to get sentimental and all, but I've known you now for quite a while. How long is it since you began posting From Rookie to Champion on the Serebii Forums? Serebii was the first forum I ever joined, as our family had only just got a computer. I set up a Hotmail account, and soon I was browsing the pages on Serebii. When I found your fic, I thought "finally, a writer with my tastes".
I loved reading it, and when Serebii forums vanished I was annoyed at never having finished reading the story.

Many weeks later, I was at Gamefaqs, and decided on a desperate plea to find the fic (sad, I know). Some people directed me to here, where I found the Kecleon I knew had evolved into a ShinyMarill. I spent a few days catching up on missed chapters, and soon I was back on track. When the story finished, my mission had been completed, but there was that little void when I went on and there was no new chapters to watch out for. Would Chris win his gym battle? Would Krystal's Marill evolve? Would they end up battling in the finals as opponents?

Then you announced the sequel, and it was like old times again. I happily read as before, but with a hint of scepticism. Would it be as good as FRTC? I needed not fear, as it was better. When the competition came, I entered with the same pessimistic view as I do all competitions - I wouldn't win. But to my delight I did, and Dane was created. That made the sequel twice as exciting, and I couldn't wait for each new chapter.

When FRTC:TIR ended, and you announced your departure, I was sad to say the least. But you pulled through with Monica's Army, a brilliant fic apart from the unfortunate mishap midway through.

Although I haven't replied much this time, for FSTT, I have been in the shadows all the time. Now that your departure is only days away, I feel like I'm losing a friend - albeit someone unknown to me. As the end of Chris fic's means the end of me on PM, I'd also like to say my goodbyes. To anyone I've ever known during these fics, I'd like to say goodbye.

Not only am I leaving PM, but I'm leaving behind the world of pokemon. I mightn't have noticed, but pokemon has been a HUGE part of my life over the last few years, since the release of R/B/Y. When I look back on this part of my life, I'll remember pokemon.

Phew! I've got that off my chest. I'll be around until the Epilogue. Sorry for intruding on your fic space Chris.

Later.

Oakbark.

P.S. Dane and Ditto say goodbye!

Powarun
1st January 2004, 01:54 PM
Chris, at first I didn't want to read your fic because I hate reading something, then having a comment on the 2nd chapter and I can't post anything until the umpteenth chapter. But after sheer boredom I came entranced in your fic. it was old style, and good like the fic Azure League, which brought me in the fan fiction area first. Now after reading all 3 of your fics, I am glad I took a step into your FRTC sereis. I will miss you but change is inevitable and things must end somewhere, exept for pi, but that is mathematics.

I will read your next chapters, then let you go, and I will stil pester these boards until they close or people start making fics that unintrest me.

Dragonfree
1st January 2004, 07:35 PM
*claps*

Great! Absolutely great. I actually CRIED when I finished reading your trip down the memory lane and went on to that terribly long space after "Epilogue - By Brit Chris". Then it was so funny it was really awkward, but I will really miss something when I don't have your fics here knowing there will be a new chapter up soon. I'll keep an eye out for any British actors called Chris by first name and born in 1989.;)

But don't forget about writing even if you become an actor, you're a really good writer as well. Maybe I'll keep an eye out for books by British actors called Chris and born in 1989, too...

Good luck with your life and career, by all means discover that pokémon are real, and then sue McDonalds to make it all perfect.;)

BYE CHRIS!:wave:

Powarun
1st January 2004, 07:37 PM
I will miss you, bye, bye and have a good life, this really sucks that you are leaving but bye. You were one of my favourite authors, above Gary Paulson and J.K Rollins. You will be missed, and I am glad that you have entertained me with your awsome writings. Hope you have a good life.

As for the last chapter of FRTC, it was odd, loved teh Lewis part, and how Brett wanted to move because of it. Good Job for Chris for sueing Mcdonalds, and well I will miss all this. I will miss you, and you too Oakbark.:wave: :wave: Now have a good life, and if you can try to write a real novel and make money off of it, you make get some readers, who would pay to see your writing.

I don't know what to see now, its just like you are going to die, I will try to remember

Note, I am quoting your Bjarnie paragraph in my sig, and Dragonfree, curse you, you posted 2 minutes before me

Other note, my friend from england has a funny pic that is related to this story, it is a picture of Mcdonalds, and underneath it reads, Over 1 billion stoned.

Oakbark
2nd January 2004, 12:07 PM
Well, there it is, and that's my calling card.
Goodbye Powarun, and Dragonfree, and everyone else.

How ironic that Krystal really did have feelings for Chris....

*sigh*
I'm really sad, I want to stay but it's not going to happen.
Goodbye everyone. Live happy and healthy lives, and don't forget the buddies you knew during the FRTC fic!

Chris, if you ever write a book, dedicate it to us, won't ya?

Goodbye!!!:wave:

Later, for the last time.

Oakbark.

Dragon_Claw
2nd January 2004, 12:29 PM
Seeing this fanfic ends, it's just a little bit frustrating.

Seeing you leave, is very frustrating.

Seeing how people change, it's good and bad at the same time.

I think I'll be visiting TPM less often from now, my favorite writer and fiction gone and all.

Zee Sage
2nd January 2004, 05:15 PM
GREAT GOING CHRIS! BY LEAVING YOU THREW A BOMB AT THIS BOARD! Half the members are leaving cuz of you!

Just Kidding.

I loved this fic and all others by you! The FRTC Era was great I will miss it. Good Bye!

War Raichu
2nd January 2004, 07:31 PM
*Sniff* Awesome epilogue, and an even better trip down memory lane! I almost cried when I found out Chris and Krystal never got together. And suddenly, it's over with. Just like that.

*Sniff* :( I'm gonna miss ya Chris! :( I've been coming to Pokemasters lately, just because of your fics. It's been real! :yes:

Ultra_Poke2000
2nd January 2004, 08:43 PM
NOOOO!!! WAIT ONE MORE DAY FOR ME! dang it! im guessing you already left. NOOO!!! the memory lane trip was fun, seeing as i've been following this fic since the first time you went to Serebi. i can understand about not wanting to have to keep your love of pokemon a secret, especialy since you have to spend so much time writing to make these fics real. i'll realy miss you, Chris. i'll still be around, checking out some of the fics here. see you guys later. :wave:

Powarun
3rd January 2004, 03:33 PM
Well even if Chris isn't here I will wish him a happy birthday, and Zee Sage I don't think you are kidding, really half of these readers are gone. Dang Chris why did you have to move on? Even though I have no finishing questions for your fic, but its not the same. My final goodbye, which is something I hope you read, since I see no sense in saying you are leaving keeping a topic wide open, then just abandoing it without saying goodbye to the otehr peoples reply.

CharizardILG27
3rd January 2004, 03:58 PM
Well, this is it...the last of Chris and his wonderful fics. You will truely be missed along with Oakbark. Have a wonderful life, and always remember the people at TPM who admire your writing...cough me cough. Anyways, maybe we'll see you some time later in your life. Again, live life to the fullest, and never trust McDonalds. I never do, never will. I mean, "All White Mean Chicken Nuggets" I mean what the hell was in the in the old ones!!?? And those commercials do suck. Anyways, this is the last time i shall see you, and goodbye.

Goodbye and Good Luck,

CharizardILG27