PDA

View Full Version : Earth-PKMN

Dark Sage
27th September 2003, 10:01 AM
EARTH-PKMN

Allow me to introduce myself. I am called The Observer. What do I do? I observe.

I observe not only the things that are seen right in front of our faces, the things people on our firm bit of terra firma see, but other things… things that exist beyond the veil of awareness. My awareness surpasses that of common folk.

I observe different creatures; different lands; different worlds.

And I ask you to imagine…

Imagine if you are able to… a world…

A world with personalities like… Harrison Ford, Brittany Spears, Professor Oak, Nurse Joy…

A world with organizations like… The Red Cross, The Mafia, Team Rocket, The Elite Four…

A world with popular events like… The Superbowl, the Stanley Cup, The Great Race, The Indigo Plateau Tournament…

A world with landmarks like… Niagra Falls, The Empire State Building, Bulbasaur’s Secret Garden, Mount Moon…

And a world whose fauna includes horses, cats, buffalo, eagles, Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle…

It is a world that exist beyond our own, yet parallel to ours… beyond the world of Pokémon, yet just as parallel. There is a spot in the infinite planes of existence where the dimensional boundaries between our world and the one that Ash Ketchum calls home meet in perfect alignment. And at this exact spot there exists a world where the all laws, scientific, cultural, and even historical, are combined. It is a world that I have named “Earth-PKMN.”

Being an Observer, I find few worlds more interesting than Earth-PKMN, where things occur that young children dream of happening. It is a magical place where the fantastic brush elbows with the realistic, and the weird and the strange mix with the logical.

It is my honor and of my interest to bring you some of the most intriguing stories that I have learned to have happened on Earth-PKMN, and I begin with a tale, where two young, aspiring Pokemon trainers, sixteen-year-old Zachary Menage and his thirteen-year-old sister Trisha encounter a sadistic trainer, in a tale that I call:

SORE WINNER

Note: This story occurs shortly before the discovery of most “Houenn” Pokémon. On Earth=PKMN; but they will appear in later stories.

DannyBoy
27th September 2003, 10:08 AM
Well, I must say this sounds like a very good start and it sounds really intresting. You described what the title meant and what Earth-PKMN is and that is really good. You introduced the main characters and told what the fic will be like. So far, you have a really good start and I will definitally keep reading. I seen your post yesturday in the update section and it already sounded intresting. Cna't wait to see how this will be and Keep it up!

Dark Sage
27th September 2003, 10:10 AM
SORE WINNER
By Brian Corvello (The Observer)

Chapter One

Homecoming and Hurting

The modest town of New Haven, Connecticut was always chilly this time of year, even though winter wouldn’t be coming for another month and a half. It didn’t matter to Zach or Trisha; after nearly two months, they were back in familiar surroundings.

“I swear,” said Zach, as he heisted his backpack onto his shoulders, "That is the LAST time I am traveling by Metro-North.”

“You said that the last four times we took that train,” said Trisha smugly, as they started to walk from the train station.

“Yeah, well, I mean it this time,” said Zach. “Seats are uncomfortable, ride makes me carsick, and the prices are outrageous – two-fifty for one can of soda?! What time is it anyway?”

“Twelve-twenty,” said Trisha, looking at her watch.

Zach sighed. “C’mon, let’s head over to the Center and get some lunch. At least there we can eat free.”

“I still don’t know why you wanted to go all the way to Atlanta just to get a badge,” said Trisha.

Zach stopped. “I won the badge, didn’t I?” He opened his jacket, revealing his four badges, including the newest one, which resembled a boulder with ice crystals sticking out of it.

“Besides,” he continued, “I figured that Blastoise and Hitmonlee would have no problem winning a badge called the Stonecold Badge; these Gym Leaders really should try to be more creative with names. And it was a cakewalk; those Rock types and Ice types he had were no problem. And I’m halfway there now. Four more badges from the East Coast League, and I’ll qualify for next summer’s Tournament. You know, Trish, it wouldn’t kill you to start earning a few badges yourself.”

“My team still needs more work,” said Trisha, “And I still have to get a few more; more variety, you know. Shirley is the strongest one I have, and she’s still depressed after getting her butt handed to her by those… things.”

“She tried to take on fifteen Zubat by herself,” said Zach, rolling his eyes. “You really have to talk some sense into that creampuff.”

“I wish you’d stop calling her that…” sighed Trisha

After a few minutes of walking, their objective was in sight: the New Milford Pokémon Center. As they walked in, the place was mostly empty; only the two employees were present: Nurse Joy, behind the counter, working on a crossword puzzle, and ever-loyal Chansey, cleaning the floor with a sponge mop.

Joy brightened up when the two trainers walked in. “Hey, Zach,” she said, “long time no see! How are the Pokémon?”

“Resting comfortably Joy,” said Zach. “Now we just have to do the same.”

“Sure,” said Joy. “You want your usual?”

Zach nodded.

“You heard him Chansey,” said Joy, “ One large deep dish pizza with extra pepperoni, shaken, not stirred!”

“Chansey, chansey!” squeaked the Pokémon, and it ran into the kitchen.

The two siblings reclined on a couch. “Okay sis,” said Zach, “now what gyms are on the list of possibilities for our next trip?”

“Well, let’s see,” said Trisha. She took a book labeled “Triple-A’s Guide to the American Pokémon Trainer: East Coast League.”

“There’s a gym in Boston that has something called the Mystic Badge…” she said.

“Umm…” said Zach, “give that one a ‘five’,”

“Nashville has one with something called the Music Badge….”

“Huh, figures… but that might be promising… give it an ‘eight’,”

“There’s something called the Cosmic Badge in Providence…”

“Uhh… that sounds dangerous, we’d better wait on that one…

“There’s a Shell Badge in Miami…”

Umm… give it a ‘seven’,”

“In Albany there’s a Blitzkrieg Badge…”

“What the heck is a ‘Blitzkrieg’?”

“Beats me. In Washington D.C. there’s a Tombstone Badge…”

“Wait…” Zach paused… “That probably has something to do with Ghost types. Well, no problem, I’ll just have Old Jim send me Kadabra and then we can…”

“Wait Zach, don’t be hasty, haven’t you been reading the news?”

“What news?” said Zach. He turned towards the kitchen. “Hey Chansey, you going to Italy to get the pizza?!”

“Chansey!” came a voice, followed by the sound of broken glass.

“Zach, lately, new Pokémon are being discovered like wildfire,” said Trisha, along with a slew of new Ghosts, and not all of them are half-poison like Gastly is. I’ve even heard a rumor that a Ghost/Dark hybrid was discovered in Germany a few weeks ago; Kadabra would get its clock cleaned by a Pokémon like that. And according to this book, this gym in DC just got its Gym License six months ago. If you go there, Kadabra may not make the grade.”

“Hmm, good point,” said Zach. “Well, what else is there?” Chansey brought the pizza to the table, laughing all the while.

As it left, Trisha looked back in the guide. “Oh, this looks promising,” she said, “there’s a place in Raleigh that…”

At that moment, the doors of the center burst open, and a twelve-year-old girl rushed in, carrying six pokeballs in her arms. “Hang on guys…” she said, almost out of breath.

“Nurse Joy!” she shouted, “Emergency here!”

“Calm down, Karen, calm down!” said Joy. “You have injured Pokémon?”

“Yeah,” said Karen, as she handed the balls over to the Nurse. “They’re all pretty banged up. I was lucky the pokeballs weren’t broken.” Then under her breath she said, “Stupid, laughing idiot…”

Nurse Joy lined up the pokeballs on a machine and hit a button; a reading came up on the screen. “For the love of…” said Joy. “What did these guys get into a fight with Karen, Godzilla?! They were lucky they weren’t killed! This is going to take a while.”

“Well, when you’re done healing them,” said Karen, “can you recommend a good Pokémon psychologist while you’re at it?”

Joy gave her a strange look. “Well, that’s a new one,” she said. “Just what happened to these guys Karen?”

Karen sighed. “This trainer outside of town at the miniature golf course challenged me to a battle. You see what he did to my team physically; but he didn’t stop there; he also totally humiliated them, and me, while he was at it. I’ve never seen such a… a sore winner before.”

Zach came up to her. “Uh, this miniature golf place,” he said, “this trainer, you think he still be there?”

“Pal, I’m warning you,” said Karen, “steer clear of this guy, he’s good.”

“Lady, I’m good myself; never met a trainer I couldn’t handle. And I think this guy needs to be taught a lesson.”

“Okay,” said Karen. “He should still be there. Take the number ten bus to the Janson Street stop, you can’t miss the place. The guy you’re looking for is wearing a T-shirt with a picture of Darth Maul on it.”

“Great,” said Zach. “He lifted up his jacket to reveal his pokeballs. “Feelin’ frisky fellahs?” he said.

Tune in tomorrow for chapter two!

DannyBoy
27th September 2003, 10:26 AM
Wow, first chapter already ok, remember what ever I say, please don't take offensive, I just want to help.

Ok, I like your story and it is very original and sounds interesting with it being in the U.S and not a made up place. Zach and Trisha seem like very interesting characters and it seems Zach is strong with some good pokemon. It also seems like you are making up some pokemon to, I am not clear on that because you said stuff about a ghost/dark hybrid.

Now, as I read I noticed some mistakes but not to bad. Like,

“I swear,” said Zach, as he heisted his backpack onto his shoulders, that is the LAST time I am traveling by Metro-North.”

There should be a quotation mark by "that" and it should be capitalized. I then only noticed a couple grammar mistakes and then in some places where a letter or word should be capitalized. Also, you spelt Gastly wrong, you said Ghastly. But that’s not that important cause sometimes I mess up the names. All you have to do is go over it after you write it and they could be fixed up real easy. Then the length is ok, but I think you could have had a little more added in. The description is not bad.

I hope you continue with this cause I think its good and will continue to get better. Keep it up!

Mew Trainer Rose
27th September 2003, 10:27 AM
This looks like it's gonna me good! I'm looking forward to seeing pokemon in the US, particularly the east coast.

And I'm from Hamden, which, as you probably know, shares a border with New Haven. ^_^

Dark Sage
27th September 2003, 10:53 AM
The "Ghost/Dark" pokemon "discovered in Germany" is a reference to Sableye, but our heroes won't realize that until the third storyline (Sableye IS a Ghost/Dark you know).

But thanks for the support.

- Venusaur

DannyBoy
27th September 2003, 10:58 AM
Oh, ok. I wasn't to sure on the pokemon because you could have made a new one but since you told me I get it. SOrry about that. I know about Sableye, I just have forgot about it. Oh and Shadow Djinn, this is a different person. You got them mixed up, I did the same thing but I noticed the difference one sn has numbers the other doesn't.

Latios Latias O
27th September 2003, 12:56 PM
Excellent story... I love it...Cant wait til tomorrow... I hope there are some made up Pokémon... That would add a good twist to the story line... Great story... Keep writing...

Dark Sage
27th September 2003, 03:07 PM
I have plans for made up pokemon - but not for THIS storyline. Be patient, and you may be impressed.

- Brian

Dark Sage
28th September 2003, 10:20 AM
Chapter 2

Duel and Destruction

A few minutes later, Zach and Trisha were outside waiting for the number ten.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” said Trisha, as the bus pulled up.

“C’mon, Trish,” said Zach, “have you ever seen me lose a Pokémon duel?”

“Well no,” said Trisha, “except for that time last year when we got backstage passes to the KISS concert and you let Gene Simmons win. That was very nice of you.”

“Yeah, it was the only way I could get him to autograph the poster I had brought,” said Zach. “Besides, that Gengar he has was creeping me out.”

“But seriously,” said Trisha, “That Karen’s Pokémon… Nurse Joy said they were lucky to be alive… this trainer must play awfully rough. I hope we aren’t walking into some Pokémon pit fight.”

“Just relax,” said Zach.

“Well, I just don’t want a repeat of ‘The Waldenbooks Incident’,” said Trisha, in a low voice.

“You had to bring that up, didn’t you?!” groaned Zach.

Fifteen minutes later, they had arrived at the Jansen Street stop, where a large building dominated the street. A large sign out front said, Benny’s Amusements, under which it said, “Juice Bar, Arcade, Miniature Golf, Pokémon Trainer’s Arena.”

“This must be the place,” said Tricia. They went in.

Inside, they entered a juice bar, where teenagers were hanging out, sipping milkshakes and smoothies, playing board games, card games and dice games, and chatting among each other. From another room came the sounds of coin-operated arcade games. A chunky man in a Hawaiian shirt and apron was behind the bar, mixing things in a blender.

Zach went up to the bartender. “Um, sir?” he said. “We’re looking for a guy wearing a Darth Maul T-shirt?”

“You mean Oliver?” said the man. “He’s over there…”

Before Zach could look, a voice said, “Did somebody call my name?”

Over in the corner was an seventeen-year-old; he wore the T-shirt over a thick black sweater, and also wore jeans, a Yankees ball cap (worn the right way, not backwards), and sunglasses. Six pokeballs, in full view, were hooked to his belt.

He sipped the last of a milkshake, and then tossed the cup over his shoulder; it flew twenty feet across the room and landed with a plunk! in the trash.

“So, what can I do for you two?” he said. “The name’s Oliver North.”

“Uh, yeah,” said Zach, “And I’m Admiral Poindexter.”

The teenager laughed. “It’s my real name kid. My parents’ surname was “North,” and they always hated President Ronald Reagan. I was born in 1987 on a day when the Iran-Contra hearings were at their hottest, so they named me after him. That was the first stupid thing my stupid parents did to me. Know where my parents are now? DEAD! How ya doin’ down there folks?!” He stamped his foot on the ground several times.

“Uh… yeah…” said Zach. “Look, I hear that you’re quite the Pokémon trainer…”

“The best! !!” said Oliver. He snatched his pokeballs up from his belt and then started to juggle them. “I’ve bested trainers in all fifty states and twelve other countries!” he said as he kept the six balls in the air. “You looking to duel? This place has an arena in the back.”

“Sure,” said Zach. “But I must warn you, I’m rather good myself.”

“Oh?” said Oliver, as he caught the balls. “Then how about we make a little wager on that?”

Zach paused and stared at him. “What kind of wager?” he said, firmly.

Oliver laughed. “Loser buys dinner at Harry’s Hamburger Hut! What, did you think I was some kind of hustler? Hey Benny, c’mon, you have another match to referee! And by the way, you can call me ‘Ollie’.”

As Zach and Trisha followed him, Zach said under his breath, “Did I think he was a hustler? Frankly, yes!”

“I can sense a disaster waiting to happen,” sighed Trisha.

The “arena” in the amusement center was the size of high school gymnasium, with a ceiling about thirty feet high; the walls were painted with murals depicting various Pokémon.

“So, ‘Zachary,” was it?” said Ollie. “Ready to have you’re butt handed to you?”

“Don’t count your Chikorita before they hatch!” said Zach, now annoyed. “I have a 100% record!”

“So do I,” said Ollie, in a smug voice.

“All right people!” said Benny, who was now holding two referee flags. “I’m in charge here, and we’re gonna do this MY way! Now listen up! I’m the boss here… obey my commands at all times! I want a good, clean, Pokémon duel, if at all possible! This duel is a six-on-six, elimination match, using standard East Coast League rules! Understand?”

The two of them nodded.

“Good!” said Benny. He raised his flags. “Now go to the far ends of the circle…” they did. On my command, chose a Pokémon and have it come out swinging! And I don’t mean that in a sexual way. BEGIN!!”

Ollie took a step forward. “Alright Zach, just to show you I’m a nice guy, I’ll let you make the first move!”

“Fine!” said Zach. He whisked out a pokeball. “I choose you!” he yelled, and a humanoid figure appeared and assumed a fighting stance. “Hitmonlee!” it exclaimed.

Ollie went for a pokeball of his own and opened it; another Pokémon appeared… one shaped like a tree. “Sudowoodo!” it squeaked.

“WHA…!!” said Zach. “A Sudowoodo…?! You’re going to use a Rock Pokémon against my Fighting Pokémon?!”

“Whatsa matter Zach?” said Ollie, mockingly, “Can’t your Hitmonlee handle one little Sudowoodo?”

“Hitmonlee…” grumbled the fighter.

“Well yeah,” said Zach, “but…”

“Here, c’mon,” laughed Ollie, “we’ll give you a free shot!” At that remark, the Sudowoodo bent over and shook its behind at Zach and his Pokémon, with Ollie laughing cruelly.

“Hitmonlee…” snarled Zach’s Pokémon in anger, clenching its fists.

“Okay, you asked for it! said Zach. “Hitmonlee, High Jump Kick it to Kansas City!”

The Hitmonlee charged… but it mid-jump, the Sudowoodo somersaulted out of the way, and Hitmonlee flew into the air with a “LEEEEEEEEE!!!!!” and crashed to the ground!

Zach let out a cruel laugh. “Man Zach, your stupid Pokémon just fell for the old ‘Charlie Brown football fake-out’ trick!”

“Good grief!” said Zach. “Well he isn’t finished yet!” Hitmonlee started to get up, and was burning mad.

“Sudowoodo, Mimic!” said Ollie. The Rock Pokémon raised a branch, and it started to glow. Then just as Hitmonlee got up, Ollie said, “Now High Jump Kick it back!”

“I can’t look,” said Trisha.

No sooner did Hitmonlee get to its feet than the Sudowoodo deliver a kick to its gut. The Fighter flew across the room and fell splat against the wall.

Benny went and got a good look at Hitmonlee. “Hitmonlee is unable to battle! One round to Ollie!”

“Hitmonlee, return…” said Zach, recalling the Pokémon. “That was a dirty trick and you know it!” he said to Ollie.

“Whatever?” said Ollie. “Now let’s continue, shall we?”

“Fine,” said Zach, drawing another pokeball. “Get ‘im, big guy!” he said tossing it. As the pokeball opened, a Donphan appeared.

“Sudowoodo, return!” said Ollie, recalling the tree-Pokémon. He whipped out another and yelled, “Go!”

A humanoid Pokémon appeared clutching two large spoons. “Alakazam!” it exclaimed.

“Oh, and that’s supposed to scare me?” said Zach.

“Not really,” said Ollie. “Post View!”

“Post View?” said Zach with a confused look. “What the heck is… oh, he’s just trying to throw us off! Donphan! Bowl that thing over with a Rollout!”

Donphan curled up into a ball and rolled at its foe. Strangely, the Alakazam didn’t even try to avoid it and was hit dead-on by the attack.

“That’s it!” said Zach. “Now hit it harder!”

“Alakazam! Psybeam!” yelled Ollie. The Alakazam got up, and a bolt of mental energy from its forehead struck Donphan, knocking it out of its Rollout.

“It’s going to take more than that to take down Donphan!” said Zach.

“Zach!” shouted Trisha. “Get Donphan out of there! Ollie’s setting it up!”

“What?!”

“Homonym usage!” shouted Trisha. “Saying ‘Post View’ was speaking in code! A homonym for ‘post view’ is…”

“Is… FUTURE SIGHT!!!” exclaimed Zach. “Donphan, watch out!!”
But it was too late. Even before he shouted his waning, the ground began to shake, and a column of psychic energy erupted around Donphan.

Donphan started to stagger, as if dizzy. “Shake it off Donphan!” said Zach.

“Hey Alakazam,” said Ollie. “Drum Solo!”

Drum Solo? Thought Zach. There’s no such move as…

But the Alakazam went up to the dazed Donphan, sat down in front of it, and to the astonishment of Zach and Trisha, twirled its two spoons around, and started hitting the plates on Donphan’s back as if it were playing a drum set!

“OLLIE!” shouted Zach. “That is way out of line!!”

“I’ll say,” said Ollie, “you should really have that Donphan tuned!”

“Benny!!” yelled Zach.

“I’m sorry Ollie,” said Benny, “But torturing a Pokémon on purpose in a match is not allowed. So you tell that wizard or mystic, or whatever it is to start fighting normally, or you forfeit this duel!”

“Oh, all right!” said Ollie. “Alakazam, Psychic!”
The Pokémon stopped drumming, and then, before the Donphan could even get up, a powerful burst of mental energy threw the Ground Pokémon against the wall.

“Um…Donphan is unable to battle,” said Benny. “Two rounds to Ollie.”

“Uh…wa… buh… Donphan return…” said Zach, recalling the Pokémon. “You would hit a Pokémon with Psychic from point-blank range, you lunatic?! If that had been any Pokémon other than a Ground, Rock, Steel, or Dark, you’d have killed it!”

“Hey, it gets the job done,” said Ollie.

“Oh, really?” said Zach. “He took out another pokeball, and then said into it, “N.S.” Then he threw it.

“N.S.?” said Ollie. “What does that…” But before he could finish, a ferocious Houndoom sprung from the pokeball! In a panic, Ollie groped for Alakazam’s pokeball, but in the next instant, the Houndoom blasted Alakazam with a beam of pure darkness from its eyes. The Alakazam flew took four steps backwards and was out cold.

Benny looked over. “Alakazam is unable to battle, He said. One round to Zach.”

“But…what…” said Ollie.

“N.S., Nightshade,” said Zach. “A surprise attack that Houndoom and I made up for dealing with psychics.”

“How the heck did you teach a Houndoom Night Shade?” sneered Ollie.

“No idea,” said Zach. “He knew it when I captured him.”

“Fine,” said Ollie. “Alakazam, return.” The Alakazam vanished back to its pokeball.

“But the warm-up’s over.” He took another pokeball out.

That’s odd, thought Zach. The pokeball Ollie was now holding was blue… the one that held his Alakazam was green, and the Sudowoodo’s one was red. Zach took a closer look. No, they weren’t custom-made balls or Apricorn balls – they were plain old store bought balls. Very odd.

“GO!” shouted Ollie as he threw it. A humanoid Pokémon popped out – it was a Hitmonchan.

“Um, Zach, you might want to switch Pokémon here…” said Trisha. “This one’s got type advantage over Houndoom.”

“I’ve got three others left,” whispered Zach. “It’d have just as much advantage over one, and I’m saving the others for last. Besides, Hitmonchan may be Fighters, but I happen to know that they know very little actual Fighting moves.”

“Yo, squirt,” said Ollie, “if I knew you were going to stall this much, I’d have brought a magazine!”

“Ooohhh!” seethed Zach. “Houndoom, fry that thing with your Flamethrower!”

“Hitmonchan, Detect!” yelled Ollie. As Houndoom breathed flames from its mouth, the Hitmonchan raised its gloves in a defensive position, and a glowing shield of energy stopped the fire.

Nuts, thought Zach, forgot about that…

“Hitmonchan, Mach Punch!” yelled Ollie.

“Wha…!” said Zach.

“Hitmonchan! Yelled the Pokémon, and in a flash of light, it rushed forward, and clocked the Houndoom on the chin! Dust seemed to fly from where it struck.

“Again!” shouted Ollie.

“Hitmonchan!” yelled the Pokémon, and it punched Houndoom again, this time in the flank. The Dark Pokémon skidded across the room, but it wasn’t out yet.

“Float like a Butterfree, sting like a Beedrill!” laughed Ollie.

“Houndoom! Use Double Team!” said Zach. Houndoom glowed, and then multiple Houndoom appeared, surrounding the Hitmonchan. The fighter looked around, puzzled.

“That Hitmonchan is good with that Mach Punch,” said Zach. “But it’s rather useless when it doesn’t know where to punch! Houndoom, Night Shade!”

“Hitmonchan! Counter!” yelled Ollie.

“Counter?” said Zach. “Houndoom! Wait, don’t!!”
But it was too late. The real Houndoom blasted its enemy with the attack, and it knocked the fighter down; but the black energy then formed an aura around the Hitmonchan, and it then blasted an even bigger Night Shade back at Houndoom!

“Houndoom!” yelled the Pokémon, as the beam struck, dispelling the Double Team effect.

“Back at ya!” said Ollie. “Now finish that pup off with another Mach Punch!”

“Hitmonlee!!” shouted the Pokémon, and it slammed Houndoom with an uppercut! It fell down.

Benny went over. “Houndoom is unable to battle,” he said. “Three rounds to Ollie.”

“Houndoom, return,” said Zach, in a low growl. “Okay, I now officially hate this guy.”

“Say Zach,” said Trisha, “do you notice that his Hitmonchan’s boxing gloves are yellow?”

“So?”

“First time I’ve ever seen one whose glove aren’t red,” said Trisha.

“Yeah, there is something weird about this guy…”

“I’m waiting…” said Ollie.

“Alright, fine!” said Zach, reaching for his fourth pokeball. “Pushy son of a…” he said under his breath. “I chose you!” he shouted.

A bright yellow humanoid Pokémon with black stripes appeared. “Electrabuzz!” it shouted.

“Ah, bringing out the heavy artillery I see?” said Ollie. “Hitmonchan, return.” Hitmonchan vanished. “Remember this guy?” he said, throwing a pokeball out. The Sudowoodo reappeared.

“Um, Ollie,” said Zach, “you are aware, aren’t you, that it’s Ground Pokémon that are immune to Electric attacks, not Rock ones?”

“Yes, I am aware of that,” said Ollie in a mocking tone.

“Fine, it’s your barbecue,” said Zach. “Electrabuzz, Thunderpunch!”

As the Electrabuzz raised its fist and started to advance on its foe, Ollie gave the command, “Sudowoodo, Mud-Slap!” The Pokémon flicked its branch forward, and threw a clod of mud into Electrabuzz’s face!

“Electrabuzz!!” shouted the Pokémon, as if the mud stung. It tried to wipe the stuff of its face

“Mud-Slap?” said Zach. “What is that?” Trisha took a manual out of her duffel bag. “Try a Thunderbolt attack Electrabuzz!” shouted Zach.

Electrabuzz shot a bolt of lightning at its foe, but it missed!

“Again Sudowoodo!” said Ollie, and the Pokémon threw the mud clot again.

“Here we are,” said Trisha, looking at the manual. “Mud-Slap: a technique once only able to be taught by special devices, new Pokémon are being discovered who learn it naturally. This highly useful Ground attack can… Zach! Look out! He’s taught that Sudowoodo a Ground attack!

“Ground attacks, plural!” said Ollie. “Sudowoodo! Earthquake!”

“SUDOWOODO!!” boomed the Pokémon, and it struck the ground with its branch. The whole building shook, throwing Zach, Trisha, and Benny to the floor. And when they got up, Electrabuzz was on the ground, clutching its head, and Ollie was laughing his head off.

“Um… I don’t think Electrabuzz will be fighting anymore today…” said Benny. “Four rounds to Ollie. And Ollie, if that Earthquake broke anything at all in this building, I expect a check for the damages the instant this duel is over!”

“Maybe you should quit before someone gets killed,” said Trisha.

“No way,” said Zach, as he recalled Electrabuzz. “I’m going to teach this lunatic a lesson if it’s the last thing I do.” He reached for his next pokeball. “GO” he yelled.

A rather large Pokémon appeared – a Piloswine.

“Sudowoodo, return,” said Ollie. “You know, Zach, maybe we won’t go for burgers after all; I might feel like something else…”

He took out another pokeball and through it. A Scyther appeared.

“…diced ham!” he said with a laugh.

“I don’t know what’s worse,” said Zach, “your fighting dirty, or your bad jokes.”

“Whatever,” said Ollie. “Scyther, use Agility!” The Bug Pokémon started to charge forward at blinding speed.

“Think that scares me?” said Zach. “Piloswine, Ice Beam!”

“Piloswine…” grunted the Pokémon. And it shot forth a beam of frost from its forehead, hitting the Scyther dead on! The mantis fell down.

“What?” said Ollie. “Get up you stupid bug!” The Scyther tried to, but it was clearly shivering.

“Looks like that Ice Beam turned into a Scythersicle!” said Zach. “Finish it off with a Take Down attack!” The Piloswine charged forward and rammed the Scyther, and it fell prone.

Benny went up to it. “Scyther is unable to battle,” he said. “Two rounds to Zach.”

“Scyther, return,” said Ollie. Then Zach noticed that the Scyther’s pokeball was a different color the others – white. This is really odd, he thought.

“Big deal,” said Ollie. “I’m still winning four to two, and I intend to keep your score at two.” He took out another pokeball (and this one was brown). “Go!” he yelled.

Out of the pokeball, a very bulky Pokémon appeared; it was a Tauros, nearly twice the size of an average one! Steam poured from its nostrils as it glared at the Piloswine.

Zach flinched for a moment. “Kinda intimidating, ain’t it?” said Ollie.

“Size isn’t everything,” said Zach. Hmm, he thought. Given its bulk and weight, it shouldn’t be very fast or agile…

“Piloswine, charge that lunkhead!” yelled Zach.

“Piloswine!” roared the Pokémon. It sped forward, tusks first; but before it reached its foe the Tauros stepped crouched down and leapt right over it! The Piloswine skidded to a stop.

Okay thought Zach, so is rather fast and agile…

“Okay Tauros, time for your secret weapon...” said Ollie.

“Tauros,” said the monster, and stream blasted from its nostrils. Then, it breathed a gout of flame, engulfing Piloswine! The Ice Pokémon fell to the floor, its fur charred. Zach and Trisha gaped.

“Umm...” said Benny, “Piloswine is unable to battle. Five rounds to Ollie.” Then he said under his breath. “Not again... big jerk.”

“How did you teach that thing Flamethrower?!” gasped Zach, as he called back Piloswine.

“I know a guy who can teach Pokémon great moves, if you have enough money,” said Ollie. “And I am not allowed to disclose his name... well, I’m allowed, but I’m just not telling you!”

“Zach, maybe you’d better forfeit,” said Trisha.

“Not on your... hey...”

“What?”

Zach didn’t answer; he noticed something on the Tauros. Some mark he couldn’t make out.

“Alright, Ollie,” he said, “I have one more, but he’s my best - my starter in fact! Blastoise, go!”

Zach’s enormous Blastoise emerged from the thrown pokeball and roared.

“Well,” said Ollie, “in that case, I’ll use MY starter.” He recalled the Tauros, and let loose another pokeball; out flew a large Typhlosion which bellowed and conjured an aura of flame around itself.

Alright, thought Zach, he’s using a fire type against my water type... but I’m not taking chances this time.

“Blastoise, Hydro Pump!” he yelled.

“Typlosion, Agility!” yelled Ollie, and the Pokémon ran in a zigzag pattern. The blast of water missed.

“Darn!” said Zach.

“Typhlosion, Thunderpunch!” yelled Ollie, and his Pokémon hit Blastoise with a punch that let of sparks when it flew! Blastoise yelled in pain.

“Wha...!” yelled Zach.

“Again!” yelled Ollie with a maniacal look, and the Typhlosion repeated the attack.

“OLLIE!” yelled Zach. “I surrender!”

But Typhlosion just hit the poor Blastoise again. Ollie laughed.

“I said, I surrender!!” yelled Zach again, and then Typhlosion hit one last time, and the enormous water-type fell.

“Blastoise is unable to battle,” sighed Ollie. “And the winner is...”

Ollie interrupted: “And the winner is, me, ME, ME!"

Zach ran to his Blastoise’s side. It was crying and moaning. “Ollie you maniac!” he yelled. “I said ‘I surrender’!!”

“Oh, did you?” said Ollie, in a calmer voice. “I didn’t hear you; they were making too much noise.”

“I’m afraid I didn’t hear it either,” said Benny.

“Liars...” mumbled Zach, as he recalled the battered Pokémon.

“So, Zachy-wacky,” said Ollie in a cloy tone; how’s about we hit the Hamburger Hut now? I’m starved.”

“What?!” said Zach. “Can I at least drop these guys off at the Center? If they don’t need surgery it will be a miracle!”

“Oh, c’mon you wimp...” said Ollie.

“You know the League rules!” snapped Benny, who was now showing signs of anger himself. “A trainer has the right to heal Pokémon following a duel before ANY wager is carried out if he so chooses!”

“Fine...” said Ollie. “Your just like your Pokémon - a sissy.”

As Trisha sat down and sighed, Zach clenched his face and teeth.

“And by the way, said Ollie, with a laugh, “you now have only a 99% record!”

Who will have the last laugh in this cruel contest? Tune in tomorrow for the last chapter, "Fables and Felons" to find out!

- The Observer

Mew Trainer Rose
28th September 2003, 11:31 AM
It might just be my computer, but a lot of the time there's words that seems half is missing, and there's parts of < /br > tags all over the place. and half-way thru teh chapter, it looks like an italics and bold tag didn't get closed right. the rest of the chap stayed italics-ed and bold-ed.

and I'm guessing by the irregularities in Ollie's pokemon and pokeballs that he's doing something that ain't quite legal. :( but what it is, i doubt we'll find out quite yet. :)

Latios Latias O
28th September 2003, 01:41 PM
Cool Cool... Can't wait until tomorrow... LoL... I love this story...

Dark Sage
29th September 2003, 04:44 PM
Chapter Three

Fables and Felons

After Ollie reluctantly wrote a check for $350 for the milkshake machine that had toppled over and smashed due to Sudowoodo’s Earthquake (“That would have bought about a hundred and twenty-five cheeseburgers, Mr. Break-Everything,” sneered Benny), the three of them went to catch the bus back to the Center. It was almost evening by now, and the two siblings hardly noticed that two teenage girls in black leather jackets and sunglasses decided to leave the place and go to the bus stop at the same time.

As the three of them got on the bus, Ollie was still gloating and relating his favorite parts of the battle. “I can’t believe that dumb Hitmonchan of yours fell for the oldest fake-out in the book!” he said. “Too bad Charles Schulz is dead; I’d love to call and tell him. He had a few Pokémon of his own, you know - let’s see; there was a Golem, a Rhydon, an Onix, and an Aerodactyl.”

“Why all the Rock Pokémon?” asked Zach.

“He liked blockheads,” laughed Ollie, “just like you and your Pokémon!”

Zach’s eyes narrowed.

“You know Zach,” said Ollie, “you should get yourself a Vileplume - it couldn’t stink any worse than the rest of your crew!”

“I do have a Vileplume,” said Zach, and I’ll have you know that it was instrumental in my winning my second Badge.”

“Huh,” said Ollie. “I should find that Gym - the Leader must have stunk even worse.”

“Will you shut up?” said Zach.

“Don’t be a sore loser!” said Ollie.

“I’m not a sore loser,” said Zach, quietly, “but YOU’RE a sore winner.

Ollie paused for a minute; for the first time, he looked dumbfounded. “A what? ‘Sore winner?’ What the heck is THAT?”

“Ollie, have you ever heard of the Greek writer Aesop?” said Zach.

“Aesop?” said Ollie. “Rings a bell somewhere... Oh, didn’t he write those dumb fairy-tales like ‘The Tortoise and the Hare’ and ‘The Fox and the Grapes’?”

“They are called ‘fables,’ not fairy tales,” said Ollie.

“What’s the difference?”

“A fable is a story meant to teach you something - a story with a moral. He did write ‘The Tortoise and the Hare’ and ‘The Fox and the Grapes,’ but he wrote hundreds more. Why don’t I tell you one of his lesser-known ones: most people call it ‘The Roosters and the Hawk,’ but its real title, as he called it, is ‘The Victor Vanquished.’”

“I’m all ears,” said Ollie, leaning back on his seat.

This is what Zachary quoted:

In a barnyard, a rooster who had gotten the worst of a fight with his rival for the favors of the hens went and hid in a dark corner, while the victor climbed onto the highest wall outdoors, and crowed at the top of its voice, bragging over its victory. Hearing its boasting, a wild hawk swooped down upon the braggart and snatched him, taking him back to his nest to devour. The other rooster was safe in his dark hiding-place, and was now able to woo the hens without fear of interruption.

Aesop once said: This story shows how the powers above resist the proud, but give grace to the humble. Pride goeth before the fall.

“Interesting,” said Ollie with a chuckle. “In other words, ‘Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the Earth.’” he patted his belt of Pokémon. But in the meantime, the strong will give the meek a hard time!”

Zach sighed. He had hoped the story would teach the lout something, but it hadn’t. One thing for sure, when they got to the hamburger restaurant, he was going to pay for whatever Ollie wanted and then leave.

After getting to the center, Ollie followed them in, followed by the two teenage girls, who sat at a corner table. The place was crowded now. Zach went up to Joy’s desk and placed his Pokémon balls on it. “Hit the machine Joy,” he said, “these guys need a long rest...”

“I’ll get right on it,” said Joy, taking them.

“Well Ollie?” said Zach. “Aren’t you going to heal your Pokémon that got hurt?”

“Heck, they can take it,” said Ollie. “Hey Chansey! Get me a strawberry milkshake, extra berries! The one at Eddie’s was totaled”

“Chansey...” sighed the attendant, walking over to the milkshake machine. There was something Chansey didn’t like about Ollie.

While he was asking Zach the question, Zach got a good look at Ollie’s pokeballs.
So THAT’S it, he thought. I wonder... better make sure.

“Say, Ollie, can I see your Tauros again?” he asked.

“Heck, sure!” laughed Ollie. He took out the pokeball containing the Tauros and let out the huge Pokémon. Everyone in the place was startled.

“Excellent specimen, huh?” he said.

“It is indeed,” said Zach, looking at the beast’s side. I’m certain of it now, he thought.

“Um, Zach,” said Joy, “can you come here a minute?”

“What?!” said Zach, something wrong with my Pokémon?”

“Well, sort of,” said Joy. “Come in the back room with me.”

“Um, I think I need to use the men’s room,” said Ollie, and he got up.

As Joy led Zach to the back, she said, “I was checking them one at a time... they really took a beating, and when I examined your Houndoom... well, see for yourself.”

As Zach walked in, where Houndoom was sitting on the floor, he yelled, “WHAT THE...?!”

Several large portions of Houndoom’s black fur had been stained blonde. The truly humiliated Pokémon was growling and crying at the same time.

Zach was too angry to talk, when Joy said, “It’s like he was splashed with peroxide. How could this...”

“Wait,” said Zach, “those gold gloves that his Hitmonchan had... Finish healing them Joy, I’ve got an Oliver North to subpoena!”

As he walked into the common room, Ollie was chuckling, but he stopped when he saw Zach.

“North!” said Zach angrily. You wouldn’t happen to know anything about golden Hitmonchan gloves covered with powdered peroxide packs, would you?!”

“Whatever are you talking about?” said Ollie, innocently. My Hitmonchan has ordinary red gloves.”

“You’re lying!” said Zach.

“See for yourself,” said Ollie, taking out Hitmonchan’s pokeball. He released the fighter, and it did have red gloves.

Trisha pulled Zach aside. “He spent a long time in that bathroom...” she said.

The two of them rushed to the men’s room, and Zach opened the door.

“Phew!” said Trisha. “Someone’s been smoking in there!”

“Or,” said Zach, going in, “someone came in here, locked the door, set fire to an object - like a pair of cheap synthetic boxing gloves covered with peroxide powder - held them over the toilet and flushed the ashes down the toilet when he was done...”

Trish held her head.

“No matter,” said Zach. “We’ll see who has the last laugh. Keep the jerk busy... I have a phone call to make.”

“Huh,” said Trisha.

Ten minutes later, Zach still hadn’t returned. As Ollie sipped his milkshake, he got a little annoyed. “Where is he?” he said. What type of phone call did he have to make?”

Zach walked into the front door. “One that I made down the street,” he said, “and waited for the person I called to respond.”

At that moment, an Officer Jenny walked in, clearly angry. “Keep your hands where I can see them, North!” she said.

“What?” said Ollie. Jenny snatched his pokeball belt from him. “Officer I haven’t done anything illegal...”

“Oh no?” said Jenny. She took the pokeball containing the Tauros and let it out; it started to roar, but Jenny sprayed it in the face with a small aerosol can. It immediately fell asleep.

“See this?” said Jenny, pointing to the side of the monster.

On the side of the Tauros was a mark - a letter “B” with a circle around it.

“This is a brand,” said Jenny, “signifying that this Pokémon is property of the Circle-B breeding ranch in Tombstone, Arizona. And I’m pretty certain that if I run checks on these other pokeballs, I’d discover them on the stolen Pokémon police rap sheet.”

“You see Ollie,” said Zach, “you aren’t a trainer... you’re a thief.”

Ollie’s eyes darkened. “How’d you know?” he said.

“Well, first of all, you had the attitude that fit a crook,” said Zack. “But my first real clue was when I noticed that all your pokeballs were different colors. When I finally got a good look at them, I noticed that the reason was, they were ALL different brands of pokeball: six different manufacturers. You have a Microsoft ball, a Xerox ball, a Dell ball, and three other little known companies. Any trainer worth his salt starts with one brand, and stays with it throughout his entire career.

“That made me suspicious,” said Zach, but that brand on the Tauros was all the proof I needed.

“You’re a thief, and not a very good one. A good thief switches stolen Pokémon to different balls to hide their ID numbers; and even a dumb thief knows to have underworld surgeons remove brands from branded Pokémon.”

“What I don’t get,” said Trisha, “is how he got stolen Pokémon to obey him.”

“He didn’t,” said Jenny. She removed something from behind the Tauros’s ear - a small square thing made of metal. “This is a brain-bonder,” she said. “It’s a new underworld device that allows a human to mentally control a Pokémon’s every action... and even owning one is a serious act of cruelty to Pokémon.”

“So, you were controlling them by artificial means,” said Zach. “That means you forfeit our match. And off the record, you aren’t only a sore winner, you are a cruel, sick, degenerate, egotist... and a cheater as well.”

“And you’re under arrest too,” said Joy, taking out her handcuffs.

“Stay away from me copper!” said Ollie. As Jenny came near, he punched her in the face!

“Mary! Shelly!” he yelled. One of the two girls at the corner table tossed a duffel bag to him. He caught it, and then he ripped off his Darth Maul sweatshirt. The two girls removed their jackets.

All three of them were wearing black shirts, with a large red “R” on the front.

“They’re Rockets!” yelled Trisha.

“Bingo!” said Ollie. “Normally, this would be the time I’d shout some long catchphrase, but I’d rather skip the dramatics this time.”

Jenny, bleeding from her nose, grabbed her radio; but then one of the girls kicked it away.

“Uh-uh!” she said. “No calling for backup!”

“Girls, grab some ammunition!” said Ollie. He and the girls reached into the bag and pulled out two pokeballs each.

“You’re right, those are stolen,” said Ollie, “but these are standard Team Rocket issue!”

The three of them tossed the pokeballs, and out came six mean Pokémon - a Vileplume, Raticate, Gastly, Golem, Vulpix, and Muk. All six of them snarled.

“Get’em,” said Ollie with a big grin. They all charged.

“Let’s see just how good a trainer you really are,” said Zach. “I choose… EVERYBODY!!” He threw out all six pokeballs, and Hitmonlee, Electrabuzz, Donphan, Houndoom, Piloswine, and Blastoise, all fully healed, emerged. They snarled when they saw Ollie, Houndoom most of all.

“You guys know what to do!” said Zach. “Let’s flatten these felons!”

In an instant, six things happened: Hitmonlee launched himself into the air, hitting the Golem with a Hi-Jump Kick. Electrabuzz zapped Muk with a Thunderbolt. Donphan went into a Rollout, and struck the Raticate. Piloswine fired an Ice Beam at Ghastly. Houndoom shot a Flamethrower at the Vileplume. And Blastoise shot a Bubblebeam at the Vulpix.

In the next instant, the Rockets’ six stunned, frozen, burned, or soaked Pokémon fell to the floor and they were out.

“Blastoise!” shouted Zach. “Now pump them full of Hydro-Pump!”

Blastoise roared, and fired his high-pressure water cannons at the three criminals. He hit Mary and Shelly, who were knocked down, but Ollie dodged.

“So you got the first six,” said Ollie. He reached into his bag as his hench-women got up. But I’ve got plenty more!”

“This has to end...” said Zach. “Trisha, let out the creampuff!”

“Stop calling her that!” said Trisha. She took earplugs out of her pockets and put them in her ears. Zach did the same, and tossed a pair to Jenny.

“What are...” said the officer.

“Just put them in!” said Zach. She did.

“Shirley, go!” yelled Trisha, throwing a pokeball.

The ball opened... a small round shape emerged...

“Jigglypuff!” it squeaked.

Ollie screamed. He tossed out two pokeballs at random. A Golbat and a Growlithe emerged.

“Get that thing, or you’ll wind up in police impound!” yelled Ollie. The two Pokémon rushed towards Shirley.

“Bad choices,” said Trisha. “Shirley, Rollout!”

The Jigglypuff rolled into a ball, and plowed into the Growlithe, knocking it across the room! Then it turned to the Golbat; with a sudden burst of cowardice, the bat Pokémon retreated to its pokeball.

“Worthless little...” said Ollie, reaching under his shirt. “Fine, I’ll do it myself.”

He pulled from his shirt the most illegal item in all Pokémon battles - a handgun. Everyone in the Center gasped in horror.

But then, a stream of fire hit his arm. He screamed, and saw Zach with his Houndoom.

“Forget about ME, you cheater?” said Zach.

“Sing Shirley, sing!” yelled Trisha.

The Pokémon stopped its Rollout, and a familiar song came from its lips: “Jigggggllllypuff, jigggglllly...puff. “Jigggggllllypuff, jigggglllly...puff.”

And that was all it took. Ollie and the recovering Mary and Shelly fell into a deep slumber.

“And that does it,” said Trisha, taking her earplugs out. “Jenny, you can call for backup now... and have them bring smelling-salts.

Half an hour later, Jenny and two other officers were leading the handcuffed Rockets into a paddy wagon.

“You have the right to remain silent,” said Jenny to Ollie.

“I choose to wave that right,” said Ollie. “I’m gonna remember this you jerk!” he yelled at Zach. “This ain’t over!”

“Sorry, Ollie,” said Zach, “but I now know that you’re not just an egotistical, cruel, sick, degenerate, cheating, sore winner... you’re a sore loser too.”

Ollie started to say something, but Jenny shoved him into the van and slammed the door.

“So now what?” said Trisha. “Maybe I should start challenging Gyms on my own.”

“Maybe,” said Zach. “But first, let’s go home. Even MetroNorth would do.”

EPILOGUE

Two days later, Ollie was sitting in a holding cell, when a guard opened the door.

“Okay, Ollie, you’re out of here,” he said.

“Huh, why?” said Ollie.

“Why indeed?” said the guard, with a look of disgust.

As Ollie walked out of the police station, he stopped short in fear. A large man in a black business suit was waiting for him.

“M-m-m... Mr. Giovanni?!” he said. “L-listen, it was like this...”

“No it wasn’t!!” said the Rocket leader. “Don’t you ever lie to me again!”

Giovanni calmed down. “First the good news,” he said. “Remember when I told you that, after what happened to your parents I owed you a favor?”

“Um, yes...”

“I had my lawyers pull some strings and get the charges dropped. We can consider that favor done!

“But there is something else...” he said, grabbing Ollie by the shirt. “Do you realize I had a buyer in Denmark who was willing to pay a quarter of a million dollars for that Tauros alone?! If this were the first time your rotten ego cost me something, I could have forgiven it, but it isn’t even close.

“You’re out of Rocket; Shelly and Mary too. They are at your house now, and I’ll let you tell them that. And incidentally, here is a warning: Team Rocket will not actively look for you, but they WILL kill you should they ever see you.”

Giovanni dropped him to the ground, and then started to walk away, as thoughts of hate and revenge aimed at Zachary flared in Oliver North’s mind.

“That kid was right about you when he told you that fable...” said Giovanni as he walked off, “you ARE a sore winner. I’d watch out for hawks and Flyers if I were you...”

THE END

(Of this story)

This is only the beginning. Stay tuned as Zachary and Trisha visit their mentor and make a special delivery, in the next EARTH-PKMN story, Insect Inside, coming soon.

I am The Observer.

Togetic
29th September 2003, 05:30 PM
Well this story didn't end up like I suspected it too... LoL... But It was good... I never suspected that Ollie was a member of Team Rocket... Good twist... I like the Jigglypuff too... I think Imm gonna go train one... LoL...

Mew Trainer Rose
29th September 2003, 07:39 PM
The jerk got what he deserved. Now Team Rocket doesn't even like him any more. He should have had to stay in jail for a little while longer, tho. >: (
Oh, well. I get the distinct feeling that Ollie is going to show up again in these stories.

Nikku-San
1st October 2003, 12:55 AM
Wow... just wow. That was freaking AWESOME! It was very realistic and just perfect. You're a great writer and you really made me hate Ollie. I think the owner of that juice bar should have been arrested too though. Couldn't hear him, yeah, right. >( Great job and I'm looking forward to reading your next story!

Dark Sage
14th October 2003, 09:32 PM
I'm bringing this to the top so that those who are reading the second story who missed the first can now read the first.

- Venusaur

Dark Sage
4th November 2003, 02:48 PM
Again, I'm bringing this to the top so that those who missed the first story can read it before the second.

- Venusaur

mr_pikachu
15th November 2003, 05:52 AM
A few things.

1. You aren't really allowed to "bump" your story up to the top so people can read it. Heck, you're not supposed to do that with any fic whatsoever.

2. This was good, but very, very short. I guess that's your style, though - repeated short stories. I prefer long ones myself, but it's fine.

3. Here's a little quote from Chapter 1:

“In Albany there’s a Blitzkrieg Badge…”

“What the heck is a ‘Blitzkrieg’?”

Sadly, I know EXACTLY what a "Blitzkrieg" is. And I'm happy to say I've never been beaten by it. ;)

All in all, this was a good fic. There were some spelling mistakes, and of course the ever-cliched "Rockets vs. the hero" ending, but it worked out alright. Just promise you won't end every conflict with the ol' "Jiggly song". That could get really dull really fast. ;) See ya at the next adventure! :wave:

FusionSonicX
14th December 2003, 10:30 PM
Sweet,can't wait for the special chapter

sorry for grammer:wave:

FusionSonicX
20th December 2003, 08:29 PM
Rush Devlin

Male

White t-shirt, black vest, black cargo pants, black boots, brown hair with gold highlights

Haunter, Shuppet, Duskull, Absol and Banette

2 badges and dreams of becoming a Dark/ Ghost Pokemon Master

if not to late can i be a cameo or travel buddy..

Dark Sage
2nd February 2004, 05:07 PM
Hey everyone!

If you've liked what you see so far (and you like my other fanfic, "Yu-Gi-Oh Junior: Legacy of the Duelist") I have an offer - one that can put you in the limelight and help me out immensely.

I'm going to need some opponents for Ishmael to face - and who better than the fans of all these fanfics?!

If you are interested, PM me with the following information about yourself:

Name:
Hair:
Eyes:
Clothing Style:
Personality:
Favorite Pokemon: (Give three or four, no Legends)
Any other info that might be vital

Help me out, and soon you might show up in this fanfic!

Destiny awaits!

- Venusaur

Charles Legend
6th March 2004, 04:43 PM
nice fic, yeah her dad is/was a jerk.

I like how you used under used pokémon so far....

==================================
Name: Ryu Dragon
Pokemon: a Shining Charmander, Totodile, Treecko
Type of Trainer: Dragon tamer/Pokémon researcher in training......
Appearance: 6'6", 120 lbs. I where black Jens, with a dark green T-shirt with a green flanal shirt over that, and I were eye glasses.
Anything else you would like me to know: I was raised by fire mages.(like see in FF but they train fire Pokémon as well as use fire magic.)
===================================

~Ryu