PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a Hoenn Master

Dragon_Claw
22nd April 2003, 11:18 AM
I don't even know how much far I'm gonna go with this fic, I just want to see if it has more succes then P.S.F

Chapter one - Goal: Dragon's Den

Hi, my name is Brad. I live in Blackthorn City. I am currently 10 year old. I already got official permission to go on my Pokémon quest, but I promised my best friend Jason to wait until he was old enough en got official permission. We both study in the Blackthorn Academy, where we have to learn everything about Pokémon before going on our Pokémon quest. Well, class is starting, and I not better get another foul grade.

‘Well everybody, I think we’ll not open the books today.’ The teacher said.

‘Wow, this is great!’ Daisy, a girl from the class said!

‘Not really Daisy, seeing we’ll say goodbye to three people today.’ the teacher sighed.

‘Huh? I thought only Brad and I where leaving on a Pokémon quest.’ Jason said confused.

‘You wished!’ a voice from the back off the class came.

‘That’s right, Alicia will be leaving on her adventure too.’ The teacher said.

Ever since the kindergarten Alicia and Jason hated each other, but I think her heart would be broken if she couldn’t come with us.

‘You want to come with us Alicia?’ I asked her.

‘Come where?’ she replied ignorant.

‘On our adventure!’ I yelled excited.

‘Oh boy’ Jason said.

‘Sure, I’ll go with you guys.’ She said like she didn’t care.

‘Oh yeah, by the way you three, the principal asked if you could come by. I’ll write you a note for the Den keeper.’ The teacher said.

Nobody ever spoke to the principal, only some of the people who left to go on their journey. That is mostly because he lives in the Dragon’s Den, where it’s very tough getting there. Of course this means that we don’t have to visit him when we get punished.

‘Take this’ the teacher said while giving me a box. ‘Use this if you’re in trouble.’

When we got outside Jason and Alicia immediately snatched the box, and they found a Pokéball inside. ‘Pokémon, go!’ Alicia yelled while throwing the Pokéball at the ground.

‘Altari…aaah!’ a blue cloud bird said.

‘Altaria, the dragon/flying Pokémon’ I said.

‘flying? Let’s fly to the principal’s office!’ Jason said.

We climbed on top of Altaria, and we gave the note from the teacher to the Den keeper. ‘Allright kids, you may enter the Den.’

When we got in, we saw trainers training their Pokémon. We flew over them, and then we crossed the water. All of the sudden Altaria fainted, and we all fell.

‘This isn’t that bad, we can just swim further’ Alicia said while returning Altaria to his Pokéball.

‘Is it me or are we moving?’ I asked Alicia and Jason.

‘Brad, don’t look now, but we’re being sucked into a giant whirpool.’ Jason said to me.

We all started screaming, but all of a sudden Jason and I saw Alicia being dragged away by something, and we got lifted in the air.

I opened my eyes and saw a guy standing over me. I jumped up, and looked around. We were in a building, and Jason and Alicia where already awake.

I screamed: ‘Oh my god, it’s the Dragon Master, Lance and Claire!’

Alicia said: ‘Don’t be stupid, they’re simple Pokémon trainers.’

‘I’m sorry to disappoint you little girl, but we are the three strongest dragon trainers.’ Claire said.

‘Yes, and you where lucky Claire and I where back in town, you better thank our dragons.’ Lance said.

‘Then who saved who?’ Jason said.

The Dragon Master said: ‘Salamence saved you, Kingdra saved you little girl, and Dragonite saved him.’

I said: ‘Wow, I got saved by a Dragonite!’

The dragon master then said: ‘We have a starting Pokémon for all of you.’

Alicia whispered to me: ‘Do you think we’ll get dragon Pokémon?’

Chris 2.1
22nd April 2003, 12:12 PM
uh-oh. Well, here goes. Trainer fics are TOO COMMON, and TOO ALIKE, but lets go change things.

Description is important. I DONT KNOW what HAPPNED in that whirlpool...is it some sort of lake at the school? you said 'The dragon MASTER, Lance AND Claire' which contradicts awfully. You then went on to say 'we THREE dragon masters'

Describe what the place is like, what people look like, first impressions of Pokemon and even personal preference with characters. use " instead of ', its eisier on the eyes IMHO.

LegendaryMon
22nd April 2003, 12:39 PM
ShinyMarill the Dragon Master and Lance and Clair are all differen't people. That is why he said there are three and that is why he has the Dragon Master talk himself. Don't critisize if you don't even understand.

Dragon_Claw
22nd April 2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by LegendaryMon
ShinyMarill the Dragon Master and Lance and Clair are all differen't people. That is why he said there are three and that is why he has the Dragon Master talk himself. Don't critisize if you don't even understand.

exactly. but I understand what he means. instead of the three dragon masters I meant dragon trainers

Chris 2.1
22nd April 2003, 12:51 PM
Sorry! I scan read....my bad x_x;;

I'll edit the last post. apologies to Legendarymon and you, Pokeruler. LM, if Pokeruler can understand my confusion, then maybe you could lay off my back -_-;;

Pokeruler: I undertsand now. Keep it up, though! You can ALWAYS improve, so dont hold back!

LegendaryMon
22nd April 2003, 01:36 PM
Sorry about getting so angry at you ShinyMarill but I did not mean to be so mean, my little cousin was annoying so I let out double the anger out on you, sorry.

Chris 2.1
22nd April 2003, 02:32 PM
its alright :) to make up: READ MY FANFIC! ARGH....

sorry, my alter-ego took over..

LegendaryMon
22nd April 2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by ShinyMarill
READ MY FANFIC! ARGH....

I will read your's if you read mine. :wave:

Dragon_Claw
23rd April 2003, 09:57 AM
Chapter two – 2 dragons and a larvae

‘Yes, you will get a dragon Pokémon.’ The dragon master said.

‘You will receive the small dragon wurm, Dratini.’ Lance said while handing me over a blue Pokéball.

‘You will get the small dragon, Bagon.’ The dragon master said while giving Jason a purple Pokéball.’

‘What dragon will I get Claire?’ Alicia asked excited.

‘Well about that, little girl. Bagon and Dratini where the only small dragons with two evolutions. So you can choose. You can have either Horsea, which evolves into Seadra and then Kingra, or Swablu which evolves into Altaria, or Trapinch who evolves into Vibrava and as the next stage Flygon.’ Clair responded.

‘I don’t know yet, what are the types exactly?’ Alicia asked, a bit disappointed.

Horsea and Seadra are water, Kingdra is dragon/water. Swablu is normal/flying and Altaria is flying/dragon, Trapinch is ground and Vibrava and Flygon are ground/dragon.’ Clair answered, noticing her disappointment.

‘Well, I’ll take Trapinch!’ she said, a little happier, taking the green Pokéball.

‘Well you guys better be on your way now, best of luck!’ Lance said.

We said goodbye and the dragon master’s Salamence took us to the exit of the Den. When we walked out we saw the whole class standing. The teacher asked us what they said and we proud showed her our Pokéballs. Everybody wanted to see our Pokémon, although Bagon and Dratini got more attention then Trapinch, seeing it wasn’t a Dragon Pokémon yet.

‘You better go home now, to get your stuff ready.’ The teacher said while Alicia gave back her Altaria.

We told each other to meat at the gym in 10 minutes to get going. I ran over to my house, finding my mom with my bag back in her hands.

‘You already packed my bag pack? Thanks a lot!’ I said to my mother.

‘Just so I could spend more time saying goodbye to you.’ She said with her soft gentle voice.

‘Oh yeah, I want you to see my Pokémon first.’ I told while letting Dratini out of his Pokéball.

‘Wow, a Dratini! How did you get that?’ she asked me.

‘Lance gave it to me!’ I replied.

‘By the way, I found this in the back yard, I want you to take this, maybe you can find out what is it.’ Mom said while handing me the object.

When I looked at it I immediately noticed it was an egg. This egg was green with a red-like spot in the middle, and swipes of dark green on the back.

‘Don’t worry Mom, I’ll make sure it hatches.’ I said to her, noticing she was worried. I continued: ‘Mom, I’ll be fine.’

‘What? Oh, actually, it was the egg I was worried about!’ She said with a blush on her cheeks.

A giant sweat drop on my fore head appeared, but then mom said: ‘Oh yeah, here are the three tickets for you and your friends.’

While I looked at the tickets I saw: ‘Olivine to Sootopolis.’

‘But mom, these tickets are from Olivine City to Sootopolis.’

‘Yes I know, why?’ she replied.

‘Well shouldn’t we do the Johto League first then?’ I nagged to her.

‘Your teacher said that Hoenn was a better place to gain experience.’ She said to me.

‘Okay then. Bye mom!’ I said while hugging her.

‘Bye Hun.’ She said.

I waved at her and then ran back to our meeting place. I saw Jason and Alicia standing there.

‘What’s that in your hand?’ Alicia asked immediately when I came walking up.

‘Oh, my mother found this in the garden, it’s a Pokémon egg.’ I whispered, I don’t even know why.

‘Well my mother gave me a fishing rod.’ She immediately replied. She could be so jealous.

‘My older brother who already is on his Pokémon journey send me his Gulpin. He doesn’t like it, but I think it’s awesome.’ Jason said.

‘Wow, let me see it Jason!’ I yelled.

‘Not now you babies, we must go on our journey now!’ Alicia yelled loud. I hated it when she acted like that.

‘Oh yeah guys, by the way we’re going to Hoenn, the teacher thought it was a good idea.’ I said.

‘Cool!’ they both replied at the same time.

‘But how are we going to get there?’ Alicia asked worried.

‘My mom will take us to Olivine City.’ Jason said.

‘Great, let’s go to your house then!’ I said.

The three of us went to Jason’s house, and Jason’s mother was more then happy to take us. When we where on our way, Jason couldn’t stop playing with his Gulpin, and Alicia was singing along with the songs on the radio. I looked back and saw the Dragon City, Blackthorn, keep getting smaller and smaller.

‘We’re here!’ Alicia screamed with her high-pitched voice.

‘You guys go ahead. I want to battle a Pokémon with my Gulpin.’ Jason then said.

‘Sure.’ I said, and Alicia and I went towards the ship.

When we got on the ship, Alicia started fishing.

‘Can’t you wait until we get in deeper water, you’re not going to catch anything here.’ I said to Alicia.

Then all of a sudden her rod started swinging like hell, and when she pulled it up a pink and white rock Pokémon was on her rod.

‘Cors.’ It said.

‘Trapinch, go. Trapinch, use your tackle.’ Alicia said to Trapinch.

Trapinch launched itself at the Pokémon, what knocked it out. Trapinch stood there like it defeated the 6 Pokémon of the Champion.

‘Lure Ball, go!’ Alicia yelled, while throwing a Pokéball with blue little striped on the front of it.

The ball shook once, shook twice, and then it shook for the third time, and the red light became white again.

Alicia jumped in the air and yelled: ‘Oh my god, I got a pink Pokémon thingy!’

‘How lame.’ I said.

I walked over to the shipper, and asked how many minutes where left for taking off.

‘Three exactly.’ The shipper said.

It surprised me that the shipper was a gentleman, and not some rough sailor. I climbed off board, because it was almost time to leave, and Jason still wasn’t on board.

Dragon_Claw
24th April 2003, 01:44 PM
Chapter three – Heading for Hoenn!

I was checking everywhere in Olivine City to see if I could find Jason. But then all of a sudden I heard something.

‘Gulpin Sludge!’

I ran over there as fast as I could, but when I got there I saw a trainer standing.

‘Excuse me, but have you seen a young man battling with a Gulpin?’ I asked him.

‘Yeah, the guy kicked my Grimer’s ***.’ He replied.

‘Do you happen to know where he went?’ I asked him impatiently.

‘Yes, he was going to a boat in the dock, going to Hoenn.’ He said to me.

I ran back to the dock as fast as I could, but when I got there, the boat was leaving.

‘Crap!’ I yelled. ‘But wait, Dratini come out!’

I called Dratini out of his Pokéball and send him into the water. There I climbed on his back.

‘Dratini, follow that boat!’ I yelled.

Dratini was pretty fast, but it didn’t look like we where gonna make it.

‘Dratini, Extreme Speed!’ I yelled at Dratini.

Dratini then went super fast, and we got to the boat. Jason gave me his hand, and he pulled me up. Then I called back Dratini.

‘How long do we have to stay on the boat?’ I asked Jason.

‘Tomorrow morning we will reach Sootopolis.’ Jason told me.

‘Then let’s get to our bunks to get some sleep.’ Alicia said.

And so we did. We decided to take a snooze, seeing it was already getting late. I grabbed the egg out of my bag back, and I put it beside me.

‘Will all passengers please get off the boat, we have arrived to Sootopolis.’ The speakers boomed.

We got up and left the boat. We where wondering how we got to sign up for the Pokémon league now.

‘Let’s go to the Pokémon centre. According to my brother we have to sign up there.’ Jason said.

So we walked to the Pokémon centre. We opened the door, and saw a nurse with pink hairs waiting.

‘Hello, you must be here to sign up for the Hoenn league right?’ She asked us.

‘Is it that obvious? Yes, that’s why we’re here.’ I said to her.

‘Okay, your name and age please?’ She asked.

‘Brad Beatum, 13 years.’ I replied to her.

‘Okay, all I need now is where you where born, where you want your caught Pokémon to be send to, and the Pokémon who are currently with you.’ She asked.

‘Uh….what’s the question again?’ I asked embarrassed

‘Don’t be ashamed. I’ll give you and your two friends a form, where you can hand it in relaxed.’ She said laughing.

We took the forms and started writing. I was done last.

‘Oh-oh, There’s a problem.’ She said.

‘What is it then?’ I asked her.

‘You three have to strong starters, it could get dangerous for yourself and others, if you can’t handle it. I’ll have to send them to the Dragon Master in Blackthorn City.’ She said.

‘But this is my only Pokémon! All I have left is this egg!’ I yelled.

‘Don’t worry, you can stay here until your egg hatches. Then I will give you Pokéballs so you can catch other Pokémon.’ She said.

‘But Alicia and I won’t leave without you Brad.’ Jason said to me.

‘Don’t worry, I’ll catch up on you. Make sure to give me a call once in a while so I know where you are.’ I said to make him feel better.

Nurse Joy handed them both their Pokédex, and she said: ‘There’s a man from Kanto somewhere in this town who teaches Fearow’s to take passengers to Littleroot town. There Prof. Birch will explain how the Hoenn League system works, and then you can be on your way.’ Then we waved goodbye.

‘Let me take a look at that egg.’ Joy said to me.

I handed her over my egg. She took a look at it and said: ‘Don’t worry, I bet it will hatch in a couple of days. You just try catching other Pokémon until then.

Chris 2.1
24th April 2003, 02:24 PM
its better than when you started. The dragons are going back? aww...nevermind. Does that include Trapinch? Its not technically a dragon :confused: ...

The egg sounds weird...i'm tryin 2 think what it'll hatch into! Red spot...green...:confused: :confused: :confused: Eutger way, its the egg, Gulpin and Corsola! Whee!

Dragon_Claw
24th April 2003, 02:30 PM
ShinyMarill: yes, all the three starters go back to the Den. Probaply they'll make their come-back, but not so soon.

And here you have me thinking it would be to easy to guess what Pokémon hatches.

Dragon_Claw
24th April 2003, 02:38 PM
In the last chapter you got to read how Brad had to stay at Sootopolis because he didn’t had a Pokémon. Brad convinced Alicia and Jason to go ahead, so now Brad is trying to catch Pokémon to go on his journey.

Chapter Four – Hanging around Sootopolis

‘I’m bored, Nurse Joy, can I help?’ I asked, on a sunny afternoon.

‘Sure, can you watch this Mankey for me?’ She asked me.

‘What’s a Mankey?’ I asked confused.

‘That’s a fighting type Pokémon from Kanto.’ She said.

‘Sure, why isn’t it’s trainer here?’ I asked, while looking at the pig monkey.

‘The trainer said he’d be back for it yesterday, but as a fighting Pokémon it needs some movement. Why don’t you take it outside, it could help you catching a Pokémon.’ She said while nursing a Baltoy.

‘Sure.’ I said while taking the Mankey.

The Mankey and I walked outside. Then we saw a little boy being locked in by three Poochyenas.

‘Mankey, Low Kick!’ I yelled, and the Mankey immediately listened. Because fighting types are strong against dark types, Mankey knocked them all out.

‘Pokéball, go!’ I yelled when throwing the Pokéball. The Pokéball shook three times, and then the ball went open. The Poochyena was free again.

‘Fury Swipes Mankey!’ Mankey did this, and the Poochyena wasn’t moving.

‘Pokéball, go!’ I yelled again. It shook three times, but this time, the red button became white.

‘Yes, I caught a Poochyena!’ I yelled excited. Mankey made some dance movements, and Mankey and I ran back to the Pokémon Centre.

‘Nurse Joy, I caught a Poochyena! Please heal him!’ I yelled.

‘Okay, Blissey, please bring to the nursing room. ER isn’t needed here.’ She said while smiling. ‘It’s gonna be fine Brad, you can count on it.’ And she walked further.

I grabbed a comb and started combing Monkey. It seemed like it was enjoying himself. I took the Mankey for a walk to the Pokémart. When we got there I bought Pokémon snacks and a blanket. I gave some food to Mankey, and wrapped the blanket around the egg. I walked back to the Pokémon Centre to pick up Poochyena.

‘Hi Brad. Good news! It appears your Poochyena is healthy again and very fit. I hope this doesn’t mean you’re going on your journey now.’ Nurse Joy told me, when handing me the Pokéball.

‘I probably should go on my way now, see if I can catch up with the rest.’ I told her.

‘Okay, but take this with you.’ She said to me

Nurse Joy handed me a Pokédex and 5 Pokéballs. I walked towards the door, but all of a sudden the door smacked open. I fell on the ground, and dropped the egg. Thank god somebody’s Ralts was able to keep it in the air with it’s psychic powers. I grabbed the egg and saw the person who pushed me.

‘Nurse Joy, please heal my Pokémon, and try not to get scars while doing so!’ The person said.

I took a better look and noticed it was a young girl with black hairs.

‘Immediately, Chansey, take this Pokémon to the ER!’ Nurse Joy said.

Dragon_Claw
26th April 2003, 10:53 AM
Last time Brad caught a Poochyena, and when he was healing him in the Pokémon Centre, a girl accidentally pushed him on the ground, almost breaking his egg. Read now further about how he is reacting, just when he was about to go on his adventure again.

Chapter Five – The most beautiful Pokémon

‘Excuse me for throwing you on the ground and almost breaking your egg.’ The girl said to Brad.

‘Yes, it’s okay. But why are you in such a hurry?’ I asked her.

‘I was trying to catch a very pretty Beautifly but my Pokémon didn’t stand a chance and got defeated. I don’t want it’s fur ruined.’ She said.

‘Why would a ruined fur be a problem? My Poochyena is full of scars.’ I told her.

‘I’m a Pokémon Breeder. I let my Pokémon enter contests to win as many ribbons as possible. When I grow up I want to have a Breeding Centre where I let beautiful Pokémon make beautiful children.’ She answered.

‘Oh okay, I see.’ Brad said while thinking how sick this girl was.

‘Excuse me miss, but your Pokémon is healed.’ Nurse Joy said, while handing the girl a very cute Skitty.

‘Oh yeah nurse, here’s your Mankey back.’ I said to Nurse Joy while giving Mankey back.

‘By the way, My name is Rachel.’ The girl said to me.

‘Hi, I’m Brad.’ I said to her.

‘So you’re a Pokémon trainer? Can you help me catch that Beautifly?’ Rachel asked me.

‘Sure, I’d love to.’ I replied.

So Rachel and I went outside and we saw a massive amount of Pokémon, but Rachel only wanted one, and that was the Beautifly.

‘There, there it is!’ Rachel squealed.

‘Then let’s go get it!’ I yelled.

We ran after the Beautifly like two complete morons. Rachel grabbed a fishing net from her bag back, and looked like a even bigger idiot. However, she grabbed the Beautifly. The Beautifly was very angry, and I saw that it wanted to battle.

‘Go Poochyena!’ I yelled while throwing his Pokéball.

‘Poochyena, use your bite!’ I said to him, while he was running at Beautifly.

‘Try not to damage it!’ Rachel yelled.

‘This is very annoying, but whatever. Poochyena, tackle!’ I yelled at the little doggie.

The Beautifly fell back, and then stood up again. She was furious, and turning all red. Then the Beautifly started flying at Poochyena super fast.

‘Poochyena, this could knock you out. The second she is in front of you, jump up.’ I yelled at Poochyena. Poochyena jumped up, and Beautifly knocked into a rock. This time the butterfly Pokémon was knocked out.

‘Darn it, I’m out of Pokéballs!’ Rachel screamed from behind.

‘Don’t worry, I got five Pokéballs left!’ I said. I threw my Pokéball at Beautifly and the Pokéball wiggled a bit, but then the ball stopped.

‘Beautifly is caught! Oh my god, thank you Brad!!!’ Rachel screamed with her high-pitched voice, hugging me to death.

I handed her the Pokéball and said: ‘here you go!’ But then all a sudden my egg started shaking and I dropped it.

‘Damn, my egg!’ I yelled while it was falling. But when it hit the ground the egg broke, but instead of egg white and the egg yoke, a green Pokémon came out.

‘Oh my god! It is so cute!’ Rachel squealed while lifting up this Pokémon.

I pointed my Pokédex at the green Pokémon, and a Picture appeared. Then a voice said: ‘Treecko, a grass Pokémon. For a grass type Pokémon, this Pokémon is very agile. It has two evolutions.’

The Treecko then jumped away from Rachel, and started hugging me. I hugged it back for a few seconds, but then put it in a Pokéball. The Pokémon then immediately jumped out of the Pokéball, and tried sitting on my shoulder. But I simply called it back again.

‘I’m gonna go on my way again now. Maybe I can catch up with my friends again.’ I said to Rachel.

I turned around, and started walking. Then Rachel told me to stop. I looked at her, listening to what she had to say.

‘I’ve been thinking while you where catching the Beautifly for me. I now realise how bad I am in catching Pokémon, and I’d be completely hopeless if you haven’t caught the Beautifly for me. Do you mind if I travel with you, to learn more about catching Pokémon?’ She asked me.

‘Of course I don’t mind, but I’m a beginner myself too.’ I replied.

‘Great, then it’s settled, we’re travelling buddies!’ She said excited, and then we walked to the Fearow man.

Dragon_Claw
27th April 2003, 03:30 PM
Chapter six – A unknown Pokémon

‘Where do you two want to go?’ The Fearow man said when we got there.

‘Littleroot Town, please.’ Rachel said.

‘Sure kiddos, climb on the Fearow’s neck.’ The man said.

That we did, and by a whistle by the man the Fearows got in the air.

‘Littleroot Town!’ The man yelled. The three Fearows then started flying.

‘Can I steer on this thing?’ I asked the man.

‘Sure sonny boy, just hang to the side you want to go.’ He replied.

‘Right! Let’s see if I can control this birdie!’ I said while steering to the right. I really enjoyed the ride. I saw a Taillow flying, so I let the Fearow fly near it.

‘Fearow, Drill Peck!’ I yelled. However, the Fearow did nothing and just kept flying, a bit confused because of this command.

‘What’s wrong with this Fearow?’ I asked the man.

‘Oh, he doesn’t know how to perform any attacks. It’s used to travel with people, and because of that he forgot his attacks.’ The Fearow man replied.

Five minutes later we arrived in Littleroot Town. Rachel and I thanked the man and his Fearow’s. I saw Rachel writing something in a little book.

‘What are you doing, Rach? I asked her.

‘I’ve never seen a Fearow, so I wrote about it. The fur and stuff, you know.’ She replied.

‘Oh okay, I guess. Let’s go to that Prof. Birch guy now.’ I said to her. She agreed, and we both got on our way to his house.

We walked in and saw a rather chubby guy with shorts, sandals and a lab coat sitting before a Pokémon. This sight made Rachel laughed, and because of that I felt uncomfortable.

‘Done!’ The professor said while jumping up.

‘Done with what?’ I asked him.

‘Studying this Pokémon!’ He said excited.

I pointed Dexter at the Pokémon, and a strange noise came out of it. Then electrical waves came over it, and it exploded.

‘Ouch!’ I yelled, while dropping the Pokédex. My hand was all black and there was blood dripping out of my hand.

‘Let me help you, kid!’ The professor said. He took me to his kitchen and cleaned my hand there.

‘By the way, my name is Prof. Birch.’ He said. ‘I’ll go get you a new Pokédex.’

He walked away, and Rachel walked over to the Pokémon sitting there. She grabbed her notebook, and started sketching.

‘I didn’t know you could draw.’ I said to her.

‘There’s a lot more you don’t know about me.’ She said while winking.

About five minutes later Prof. Birch came back embarrassed. He said: ‘I’m sorry kiddo, I don’t have any Pokédex left. I’ll order them right away, so I’ll receive them over a week.’

‘So I have to stay here for a week?!’ I yelled.

‘It depends, I’m sure you can last a week without a Pokédex.’ He said.

‘I hope so, but it’s going to be hard!’ I said.

‘Then take this Pokémon, this should help you a little bit.’ Prof. Birch said while handing over the Pokémon he just finished studying.

‘Sure, but what kind of Pokémon is it?’ I asked him.

‘It’s a fire Pokémon from Johto. The professor there, Prof. Elm, gave that to beginning trainers in New Bark Town. It’s called a Cindaquil. If flames come out of it’s back, it can perform fire attacks.’ He explained.

‘Cool, it’s so cute!’ Rachel giggled.

Prof. Elm called the Pokémon back in it’s ball, and then gave it to me. Then all of a sudden a kid came running in.

‘Prof. Birch, I just heard you where finished studying Cindaquil! Can I have it now?’ He yelled.

‘I’m sorry Tyson, I gave it to this boy because his Pokédex exploded.’ Prof. Birch explained.

The boy obviously named Tyson looked at me and said: ‘Fine, want to battle?’

I said: ‘Sure, are you experienced?’

‘Yeah, I am the current Champion!’ He said.

Prof. Birch shook his head and said: ‘No he isn’t, I gave him his Pokémon yesterday.’

‘Why do you have to spoil it all?’ He said angry.

‘Oh, then I’ll use Treecko! Treecko, ready for your first battle?’ I asked Treecko, while throwing his ball on the ground.

Treecko nodded, and looked at Tyson with a big smile.

‘Think you’re pretty tough? Ghastly, go!’ Tyson threw a purple Pokéball, and it revealed Ghastly.

‘Treecko, tackle!’ I yelled. Treecko jumped at Ghastly, but went right threw it!

‘Damn, what’s this?!’ I yelled.

Tyson laughed and said: ‘Ghastly is a Ghost type. Ghost types aren’t affected by Normal type attacks. Ghastly, lick!’ Ghastly flew at Treecko, and licked it in the face.

‘Treecko, try Absorb!’ I yelled, seeing that Treecko had a problem defeating his ghostly opponent, Ghastly. But Treecko just stood there, doing nothing.

‘Darn, paralyzed.’ I said. ‘Treecko, just try to move!’

‘Ghastly, finish it off with Shadow Ball!’ Tyson grinned.

‘Treecko, jump up!’ I yelled. And just before the Shadow Ball was about to hit Treecko, Treecko jumped up. Treecko managed to dodge the Shadow Ball. I then looked at the gas Pokémon, and saw it was very tired.

‘I see you taught Ghastly the TM Shadow Ball Tyson. You should know he’s not powerful enough to perform this attack even twice!’ Prof. Birch said.

‘You heard that Treecko, use Absorb to finish it off!’ I yelled at Treecko. Treecko inhaled deeply and drained the life out of Ghastly. This gave Treecko more life, and made Ghastly faint.

‘Ghastly, come back!’ Tyson said disappointed.

‘High five, Treecko!’ I yelled at Treecko. After High fiving Treecko I called him back, but he jumped out of his ball again. I called him back again, but he just jumped right out again. I threw his ball at him again, but he punched the ball back.

‘Now why do you do that?’ Prof. Birch asked me.

‘Do what? He’s not listening, Pokémon belong in their Pokéballs.’ I said, throwing my Pokéball again.

‘My theory is that Treecko is too young, and needs to be with you out of it’s ball.’ Prof. Birch replied.

‘Yeah but…’ I tried explaining, but Prof. Birch butted right in.

‘If you’re that kind of a trainer, I don’t want you to have Cindaquil, seeing he’s young too.’

‘Okay, Professor.’ I said. Tyson walked up to me with his hand at me. I shook his hand.

‘From now on, we’re officially rivals. What’s your name?’ He said while grinning.

‘Brad.’ I replied.

‘We better get going now.’ Rachel said.

I nodded and with Rachel and Treecko on my shoulder we left the small town called Littleroot town.

Seeing it's about time now to post some 'fillers' now, can any of you readers (if there are readers) please PM some info about themself in their own fic (or imagination) so I can use you in my fic? Thanks in advance. P.S. I would love to get some more responds, compliments or some critique (sp)

Dragon_Claw
28th April 2003, 06:27 AM
Chapter Seven – The first TM

‘Are we there yet?’ Rachel asked me.

‘Almost.’ I replied.

‘By the way, where are we going?!’ Rachel snapped.

‘Oldale Town.’ I replied.

‘And what are we going to do there?’ She asked. She was getting pretty annoying.

‘Check if there is a Gym there. And buy some Pokéballs and Potions.’ I said, not caring about her whining.

‘Okay, but let’s hurry.’ She mumbled.

Five minutes later we got there. It was a very tiny town, not much bigger then Littleroot Town.

‘Excuse me sir, what can you find in Oldale Town?’ I asked a passing guy.

‘A Pokémon Centre, a Pokémart and a couple of houses.’ The man said before walking away.

‘Why couldn’t we have stayed in Slateport?’ Rachel asked me.

‘Simple, then I wouldn’t received this cool fire Pokémon!’ I yelled happy.

‘I could have easily given you a Pokémon.’ She replied careless.

‘You told me you only had Skitty, that’s why I caught Beautifly.’ I said confused.

‘Yeah I know. I simply lied.’ She grinned.

‘What?! Then what Pokémon do you have left?’ I asked.

‘Let’s see. Uh…Skitty, Beautifly and Bellossom.’ She said embarrassed.

‘Grrr, pretty good Pokés.’ I mumbled.

‘Well, I’m off to the Pokémon Centre, I think I’m gonna wash my Skitty.’ Rachel said to me, ignoring my mumbling.

‘You and Skittys fur always. I’m gonna go get some Pokéballs and Potions.’ I’ll come back when I’m done.’ I said, while walking towards the Pokémart.’

‘Can I help you?’ A friendly looking man from behind the counter asked me.

‘Yes, Can I have uh…six Pokéballs and five Potions?’ I asked the man.

‘Only if you plan paying for them.’ He smiled, while handing me the items.

I gave her the money, but my eye caught a strange poster. I asked: Excuse me sir, but what does the poster say?’

‘Oh, it’s a special offer. It’s a belt with six Pokéball holders.’ He replied, while working with the cash-register.

‘Cool, may I please have one?’ I asked, while grabbing the money from my wallet again.

‘You don’t understand, you don’t have to pay. When buying five Pokéballs and five Potions you get it for free.’ He replied, and handed me the belt.

I put the belt around my waist and I grabbed the Pokéballs belonging to Cindaquil, Treecko and Poochyena and three empty ones, and put it in the belt.

‘Looking good.’ The man said, and then she smiled.

‘Thanks, I agree.’ I said laughing while walking out the door.’

I walked back outside, and then walked towards the Pokemon Centre. When I entered I saw Rachel washing her Skitty. Skitty constantly tried to play with the water, but Rachel kept Skitty down. I saw Skitty became sad of this. Then all of a sudden a hand was put on my shoulder.

‘Do you wish to wash your own Pokémon too?’ I looked behind me and I saw Nurse Joy.

‘Nurse Joy! Long time no see!’ I said.

‘What? Where did I meet you?’ She asked.

‘Sootopolis, remember?’ I asked confused. How could she forget that.

‘Oh, you must be talking about my sister. See, we Nurse Joy all look the same and we work all in Pokécentres. That goes the same for Officer Jennies. And the salesman in the Pokémart, Sam, all look the same, and are in every city and town.’ Nurse Joy explained.

‘Salesman Sam.’ I snickered.

‘Yes, but do you wish to wash a Pokémon?’ Nurse Joy asked me while smiling.

‘Sure, and who it’s gonna be isn’t a hard choise, seeing only one of my Pokémon has fur.’ I said while throwing Poochyena’s Pokéball on the ground.

‘Pooch…Poochy..ena!’ Poochyena smiled.

‘Do you like this Poochyena?’ I asked Poochyena while putting shampoo in his fur. Poochyena smiled.

‘Stop it Skitty, quit being such a pest!’ Rachel yelled at Skitty. Skitty was trying to escape the water. Skitty then got pushed against Rachel, and out of Rachel’s pocket a strange card fell.

‘Hey Rach, what’s that?’ I asked, pointing at the silver-coloured card.

‘That’s a TM. It learns a certain attack to a Pokémon.’ She replied, trying to push Skitty in the water again.

‘Why haven’t you taught it to your Pokémon then?’ I asked.

‘First of all, I don’t know how it works. Second, I’m not into battling. You take it if you want.’ She replied again.

I grabbed the silver card and noticed there was writing on it. It said: ‘TM 23 – Iron Tail.’ Then I put the card in my pocket.

‘Finished! How about you?’ I asked Rachel.

‘Yes me too. Let’s go now.’ She replied.

‘No wait a minute. I have to go and ask about the TM.’ I said while walking towards Nurse Joy.

‘Nurse Joy, can you explain me how to use a TM?’ I asked her.

She laughed and said: ‘Sure. TMs are moves in a card, that you can teach to Pokémon if they do not learn the move by themselves. However, you can only use a TM on one Pokémon. A TM is silver coloured. Then you have a HM. No Pokémon learns a HM by themselves. A HM is gold coloured, and can used as much as you want.’

‘Okay, thanks, but how do I teach it to my Pokémon?’ I asked her.

She took a deep breath and said: ‘See this black square? Put your Pokémon’s paw on it. If the black square turns green, it can learn the attack. If it turns red, that Pokémon’s specie can’t learn the attack. Then you have this machine to learn it. Attach this wire to your Pokémon’s head, and put the card in the empty space in the machine. Press the blue button, and the Pokémon will turn completely black if it’s working. After he learns the attack, he will turn back to his original colour.’

‘Okay, let’s see if it works!’ I yelled excited. I called Treecko out of it’s Pokéball, and I put his paw on the card. The square turned green, so I attached Treecko to the wires of the machine. Then I put the card in the opening, and pressed the blue button. Treecko turned black. That lasted five seconds, and then he got his original colours. Then we heard a loud beep, and on the machine appeared in red letters: ‘Iron Tail Learned.’

‘Ready?’ Rachel asked.

‘Yes, let’s go to the next city now.’ I replied.

‘And do you know what city that is?’ She asked sarcastic.

‘Sure. Petalburg City. And it gets better, there is a Normal type Gym Located there.’ I said.

We said goodbye to Nurse Joy, and I put Treecko on my shoulder. Together we walked towards Petalburg City.

Shadow Djinn
28th April 2003, 06:29 PM
FIrst off, it's Gastly. Second, this fic is pretty good.

I dont see any flaws besides that Brad has too many good pokemon. Dont get me wrong, it's ok, as long as you slow down with them in the future. I'd like to be in the fic, so Ill just put my thingy here.

Name: Sky
Appearence: Looks like a R/s birdkeeper, wavy spiky hair, not punk style though. Red vest, gray hair. White t-shirt and blue jeans.
Personality: He's sarcastic sometimes, but usually is friendly.
Pokemon: Pidgeotto, Ninetales, Skarmory, Treecko, Mudkip, Scizor

There ya go

Dragon_Claw
30th April 2003, 05:56 AM
Dark Templar 8: Thanks for the compliment. But I disagree that his Pokémon are to good, seeing they're fairly low leveled.

Anyhow, here's the new chapter, starring sky:

Chapter Eight – Pokémon thievery!

‘Wow, it’s like so pretty here!’ Rachel squealed.

‘You’re right, but let’s go to Petalburg City now. Route 102 is getting boring.’ I said annoyed.

‘Ai….pom!’ a purple little monkey said.

‘Awww…how cute! Plus it’s fur is very well groomed. I’m going to catch him!’ She yelled.

The Aipom turned around, and then ran off.

‘Hahahahaha! It doesn’t have any hairs on its butt!’ I laughed, but I got smacked by Rachel.

‘Knock it off, and let’s go get him!’ She said angry.

We walked after it, and then we saw it sitting on the ground.

‘Hey looks, it has a brown bag with him! That’s super duper cute! Beautifly go!’ Rachel yelled, while throwing Beautifly’s Pokéball.

The Aipom caught the Pokéball with his hand-shaped tail, and put the Pokéball in his brown bag.

‘Argh! Beautifly!’ Rachel yelled, and then she ran after the monkey Pokémon.

‘I’ll take care of this! Cindaquil, I choose you!’ I yelled while throwing Cindaquil’s Pokéball in the air.

Then a Delibird jumped out of a tree, and grabbed Cindaquil’s Pokéball. The delivery Pokémon put the Pokéball in his white bag.

‘Damnit, what’s going on here?!’ I yelled angry.

Rachel and I kept on running, until we saw the Aipom and Delibird robbing somebody else. We tried to catch the two thief Pokémon, but we lost them.

‘So, they robbed you too?’ Rachel asked the new victim.

‘Damnit, that’s what it looked like, huh?’ He replied yelling.

‘Hey guy, don’t talk to me like that!’ Rachel snapped.

‘Easy Rach, he just lost a Pokémon of his.’ I said, trying to calm her down.

‘Not just A Pokémon, but five out of six!’ He replied.

‘We’ll help you find your Pokémon back, they stole our Pokémon too.’ I said to him.

‘Great, thanks. My name’s Sky.’ He said.

I looked at him, noticing his strange appearance. White T-shirt, blue jeans, red vast, and grey hairs. Grey wavy hairs. Thank good Alicia isn’t here, she’s try to give him a make-over, right here, right now.

‘Hey, my name’s Brad, nice to meet you.’ I said, shaking his hand.

‘And I’m Rachel. By the way, which Pokémon do you have left?’ She asked him.

‘Pidgeotto.’ He replied.

‘Tell your Pidgeotto to go and look for them then.’ I said.

‘Well duh shorty, I was going to do that!’ He told me with a attitude from here to Kanto. ‘Pidgeotto, go and look for a Aipom and a Delibird!’ He yelled at the bird-Pokémon, which flew off immediately.

‘Let’s not just stand here, let’s go search for ourselves!’ Rachel said.

‘Right. Good thinking! Poochyena, come out. Try to find the scent of Aipom and Delibird!’ I said. Poochyena jumped out, and started searching.

Then five minutes later Poochyena started barking, and Pidgeotto came back. Pidgeotto made a very annoying sound.

‘He wants us to follow him.’ Sky said.

‘How do you know that? Can you talk Pokémon language or something? I asked Sky confused.

‘Oh, can’t you think? We have a strong friendship, we understand eachother, even without talking, duh!’ Sky replied.

‘Yeah, and the Pidgeotto is doing that ‘follow me’ thingy with his wings.’ Rachel whipered in my ear. We both started laughing, and that annoyed Sky.

‘But let’s go now! I want my Pokémon back!’ Sky yelled.

‘Right.’ Rachel and I agreed, and we all ran after Pidgeotto and Poochyena.

After two minutes we saw Aipom and Delibird standing, both with a big grin on their faces in the middle of the road.. The three of us ran at them, but then the ground fell away, and we lay in a big pit.

‘Damnit, we almost had them!’ Sky yelled.

‘Yeah, now I’ll never see my Cindaquil again.’ I sighed.

‘Yeah, and I’ll never see my Beautifly again. But who digged this pit?’ Rachel asked.

‘Who cares, probably some damn Sandshrews!’ Sky yelled.

Then we heard two people laughing.

‘You think this is funny?!’ Sky yelled at them.

‘Who are you guys? Show yourself!’ I yelled.

‘Making the region of Hoenn unsafe.’ A male voice said.

‘From the biggest city to the tiniest cave.’ A female voice said.

‘Stealing Pokémon is our occupation.’ The male said again.

‘We steal so much, no time for vacation. The female said.

‘Alex!’ The male voice said.

‘Lisa!’ The female voice said.

‘Team Aqua here for widening the seven seas.’ The male said.

‘More dangerous then thousands of bees!’ The female said.

We all started laughing because of their ridiculous yell, and that made them mad.

‘Introducing Alex and Lisa, members of Team Aqua!’ The man, apparently Alex, said.

We stopped laughing, and I yelled: ‘Give us our Pokémon back, thieves!’

‘For you? Never!’ Lisa yelled. ‘Aipom, attack!’

‘You too Delibird!’ Alex yelled.

The two Pokémon handed their bags to Alex and Lisa, and they stepped towards the pit.

‘Sky, give me a boost! I’ll handle this!’ I said to Sky.

Sky gave me and Poochyena a boost, and Treecko jumped out of his Pokéball.

‘Ready guys? Let’s begin!’ I yelled.

‘Treecko, use your Absorb on Aipom. Poochyena, you do your Bite on Delibird!’ I yelled at my two attacking Pokémon.

Aipom jumped over Treecko, so Treecko’s Absorb missed. However, Treecko managed to grab Aipom by it’s tail. Poochyena’s Bite hit, and it was a Critical Hit! Delibird got up and ran at Treecko.

‘Delibird, Powder Snow!’ Alex yelled at his Penguin Pokémon.

‘Be careful fool, or you’ll hit Aipom!’ Lisa said to him.

‘Treecko, swing Aipom against Delibird! If Delibird’s Ice attack hits you, you don’t stand a chance! Poochyena, Take-Down attack against the two of them!’ I yelled.

Treecko started swimming Aipom, and then let it go. The monkey banged against Delibird, and they both where lauched at Poochyena. Poochyena then performed his Take-Down against the two Pokémon, and Aipom and Delibird got shot against Lisa and Alex.

‘Come back!’ Lisa and Alex said, recalling their Pokémon. They threw two other Pokéballs. Alex’ Pokéball contained Nidorino, and Lisa’s Pokéball contained Nidorina.

‘Poochyena, Take-Down!’ I yelled. Poochyena ran at Nidorina and Nidorino, but he got bashed back really hard. Poochyena fell back, and walked towards me. He then went back in his Pokéball.

‘What are you doing Poochyena?! Come back, we don’t want any cowards!’ I yelled, but Poochyena didn’t come out.

‘I’ll handle this! Pidgeotto, Sky Attack.’ Sky yelled. Pidgeotto flew at Nidorino and Nidorina, and knocked them both out. Pidgeotto then flew right before Alex and Lisa, and grabbed both bags.

‘Here you guys!’ Sky said while throwing Rachel and me our Pokéballs. ‘Scizor, I choose you!’ Sky threw a Pokéball on the ground, and Scizor came out. ‘Scizor, Metal Claw!’ Sky yelled.

Scizor ran at Alex and Lisa, and they passed out. ‘Scizor, never mind!’ Sky yelled, calling back Scizor.

‘So…uh…what do we do now?’ I asked.

‘I have a idea!’ Rachel yelled

we dragged Alex and Lisa and Nidorina and Nidorino in the bushes, and walked off, after saying goodbye to Sky, we walked off, and entered Petalburg City.

Shadow Djinn
30th April 2003, 09:04 PM
nice chapter Pokeruler, I like Sky ^^. Thanks. Yea ok Pokeruler I guess it's ok, seeing their low leveled. Sky was just how I pictured him, you did it just right. Good job.

Swinubman53
1st May 2003, 07:35 AM
I've been reading this along and it's very good. But I probably like it more then others because It the first fanfic I've read here. If you do continue then could I be in it? heres me id you do.

Name: Sean
Appearence: Has short blond hair that never stays the way he wants it to, shirts with pig pokemon on them, Baggy nylon pants with pig pokemon on them, And a necklace with a bullet on it.
Personality: Shy most of the time but can come up to the top and fight valiantly with his pokemon. He is a very good friend.
Pokemon: Grumpig, Primeape, Piloswine, Azumarril.

Dragon_Claw
1st May 2003, 11:41 AM
swinubman: Thanks for the compliment. I'll write you in a story soon, I didn't do it today because I already finished writing it before you posted.

Well, here it goes:

Chapter Nine – A howling farewell

‘I’m going.’ Rachel said, while standing in front of the gym.

‘Going? Going where?’ I asked.

‘Pokémon centre of course!’ She laughed, and walked off.

‘Treeck….Treecko!!!’ Treecko yelled excited.

‘Yeah, it is exciting!’ I said to him.

We entered the gym, and saw a man standing.

He said: ‘Good day, Champion in making! Norman, Petalburg’s Gym Leader, battles with his normal types. Normal types are fairly weak against Psychic, and very weak against Fighting.’

‘Okay I guess, and who are you?’ I asked him, with a confused Treecko on my shoulder.

‘Sorry that I didn’t introduce me. I’m Trainer fan Toby. You will find me and my family in every Gym giving the challengers advice about the Gym Leader.’ Toby said.

‘Oh well, thanks for the advice. I’m gonna get my first badge now.’ I said while walking further.

I saw a young man sitting, combing a very big Pokémon. The Pokémon was fat with brown fur. The guy stood up and said: ‘Hello, my name is Norman. I battle with normal type Pokémon, and teach children in this Gym.’

I replied: ‘My name is Brad and I’m from Blackthorn in Johto. I’ve come a long way, and I wish to receive your badge, and for that, we shall battle.’

‘To the point, I like that! Let’s begin! Slaking, I choose you!’ Norman yelled.

‘Then I choose Cindaquil!’ I yelled while throwing Cindaquil’s Pokéball on the ground.

‘Not even consulting your Pokédex, huh? I guess I’ll have to be to the point too then! Slaking, Body Slam!’ Slaking stood up, and ran at Cindaquil.

‘Cindaquil, go threw his legs, then jump! Try to get your flame started!’ Cindaquil did this, and Slaking fell on the ground. Cindaquil got his fire started on his back, but to everybody’s amazing this wasn’t your regular fire.

‘What? Blue fire?’ I said confused.

‘Wow, a shiny Pokémon!’ Norman said.

I looked proud and said: ‘Yep, that’s my Cindaquil! Do your Flame Thrower!’ Cindaquil jumped up again, and did a Flame Thrower against Slaking, who was lying on the ground. Cindaquil yelled his name and then a giant blue flame came out of it’s mouth.

‘Slaa!’ Slaking yelled.

‘Whahaha! This isn’t a good levelled up Cindaquil, Brad.’ Norman laughed.

Cindaquil and I felt embarrassed, and all of a sudden Rachel ran in the building.

She came standing next to me and said: ‘Why are you battling with Cindaquil? He never fought a battle before in his life!’

‘For your information, Cindaquil is a she. And I thought that she might win this battle, seeing this is only the first gym.’ I replied.

‘Cindaquil, come back! Poochyena, go!’ I yelled while switching Pokémon.

‘Slaking, Mega Punch!’ Norman yelled.

‘Poochyena, quick attack!’ I yelled at Poochyena.

Poochyena jumped out of the way, but his hind legs got hit by Slaking. Poochyena got smacked against the wall, and started glowing.

‘What happening?’ I asked.

‘It’s evolving. Into Mightyena!’ Norman said.

‘Cool. Mightyena, Bite!’ I yelled at Mightyena when it was finished evolving.

‘Slaking, Bide!’ Norman yelled.

‘It’s standing still Mightyena, you’re too fast. Attack now!’ I yelled at Mightyena. Mightyena kept Biting Slaking, but then Slaking turned red and came running at Mightyena, and he bashed it. Mightyena was knocked out.

‘It’s time for your last Pokémon!’ Norman laughed.

I looked at Treecko who was standing beside me, and I saw the fear in it’s eyes. ‘I quit!’ I yelled.

‘Wise decision.’ Norman said.

‘But you sure are hard for a first Gym Leader. I heard the first Gym Leaders are easiest.’ I said.

‘What? First? I’m fifth. That’s why you lost. If you collect four badges, come back. Before that, I won’t battle you.’ Norman said.

‘Come on Brad.’ Rachel whispered.

‘Here you are. Your Pokémon are healed. Come again any time.’ Nurse Joy said, handing me Cindaquil’s and Mightyena’s Pokéballs.

‘Where are we going now?’ I asked Rachel.

‘Petalburg Woods!’ She replied.

We kept walking until we got there, but then something caught our eye. A girl and a group of Poochyenas where running away, and after that we saw a man with a Pinsir. We figured the man was running after the girl.

The girl ran at us and asked: ‘Please defeat that man, he’s a hunter after the skins of these Poochyenas.’

‘Don’t worry little girl. I’ll take care of this! Cindaquil, Go!’ I yelled.

‘Stay out of my way sonny boy, I don’t want to fight you!’ He said.

‘I know, but Cindaquil and I do! Cindaquil, Flame Thrower!’

Pinsir fainted and the man yelled: ‘I’ll get you Cindy!’ while running away.

‘Thank you. I’m Cindy. I protect these Poochyenas against the hunters here, especially that one.

‘Mightyena, go!’ I yelled while throwing Mighyena’s Pokéball on the ground.

‘Might….ena!’ Mightyena howled while seeing the scared Poochyenas. The Poochyena gathered around Mightyena, and immediately got cheered up.

‘Come to my house, and I’ll tell you more about it.’ Cindy said, and Rachel and I followed, with Mightyena and the Poochyenas following us.

‘So that’s my story.’ Cindy said after saying why she feels responsible for these Poochyenas.

‘That’s so cute!’ Rachel said.

‘Yeah, but I don’t think this is the last we’ve seen of that hunter and his Pinsir.’ She said.

‘Don’t worry, with Cindaquil and me, nothing will happen to the Poochyenas.’ I yelled happy.

‘Yeah, but I suppose you won’t be around forever.’ She said disappointed.

‘No, not really.’ I replied.

‘But don’t you have any Pokémon able to defend them?’ Rachel asked.

‘I do have Pokémon, but they’re not strong enough to face the Pinsir.’ She replied.

‘Well what Pokémon do you have then?’ I asked her.

‘Wait a minute, I’ll get my Pokéballs.’ She said, walking to a desk.

She came back with a Dive Ball, a Luxury Ball, and a Timer Ball. ‘Go, all three.’ She said.

The Dive Ball revealed a Krabby, the Luxury Ball a Chikorita, the Timer Ball a Ralts.

‘I don’t see what’s wrong with this Pokémon.’ I said petting the Chikorita.

‘Nothing really, but they’re low levelled and Chikorita and Ralts are weak against bug Pokémon such as Pinsir.’ She replied.

‘I see.’ Rachel said.

All of a sudden a red light started burning and making a terrible noise.

‘He’s back!’ Cindy yelled.

We ran outside, and Cindy’s Pokémon and Mightyena stayed outside with the Poochyenas. Then Pinsir and the hunter came out of bushes, and Pinsir had his horns around Cindy.

‘Bring the Poochyenas here! Or you’ll get it!’ He yelled at Cindy.

‘Easy, I’ll bring them here.’ I said. I walked inside, but when I got there, I threw Cindaquil out of it’s Pokéball. I told Cindaquil to go threw the back door to Pinsir on Mightyena’s back, while I brought the Poochyenas back.

‘Here they are.’ I said, with the Poochyenas following me.

‘Good! Pinsir? Pinsir? Pinsir, where are you?’ He said.

We looked at Pinsir and he already dropped Cindy, and was battling Cindaquil and Mightyena.

‘Treecko! Pound!’ I yelled at Treecko. Treecko Pounded the hunter, and he fell back, unconscious.

‘Thanks.’ Cindy said.

I looked at Mightyena, and noticed something about him.

‘You want to stay here, huh?’ I asked him. He nodded, and I petted him. ‘Cindy, Mightyena wants to stay here, and I think it’s okey.’

She looked gratefully at me, but said: ‘But that’ll cost you a Pokémon, and Mightyena is your strongest Pokémon.’

‘I know, but the safety of the Poochyenas goes first.’ I replied sad.

‘Here, take Krabby and Chikorita. Don’t expect much, they’re both level five.’ She said, handing me her Dive Ball and Luxury Ball.

‘Don’t worry, I’ll take good care of them.’ I said, smiling.

‘Go that way, that’s the way out of Petalburg Woods.’ She said while pointing North.

‘Then we’ll go that direction!’ Rachel said, before walking off.

I was sad because I lost my only strong Pokémon, but with two new Pokémon, I was kind of happy anyway.

I'm sorry I got the super-overused Pokémon Chikorita, but It's just that Treecko doesn't have good Grass moves, It's more of a mascot then a fighter. Please don't stop reading my fic

PsychoFlame
3rd May 2003, 09:08 AM
hey , great fic, Just wondering, could I be in the fic too?

If the answers yes heres my profile:

Name:Blaze
Appearence: Red t-shirt and blue jeans and black trainers.
Normal build,blue eyes, brown hair.
Personality:Normally a kind caring person but can get angery very easy.
Quite shy, can never turn down a Pokemon battle.Specializes in water Pokemon.
Pokemon : Charizard, Mudkip, Lanturn,Ludicolo,Wailord,Electabuzz

Dragon_Claw
3rd May 2003, 11:31 AM
PsychoFlame: yes I still do that, but you won't get written in the stories yet, seeing Swinubman comes first, and I can't have only fillers.

Chapter Ten – A pig’s life

‘What’s that?’ Rachel asked.

‘What’s what?’ I replied.

‘That, something is lying there on the ground.’ She said nervous.

‘I don’t know, let’s go check it out!’ I yelled excited.

When we got there, we saw a boy on the floor. He wasn’t moving, and his bag back lay down next to him.

‘Aack! Is he dead?’ Rachel asked me.

‘How the hell should I know?’ I yelled.

‘Check his heart beating!’ Rachel screamed.

‘I’m not touching that thing!’ I yelled back at her, totally freaked out.

Then all of a sudden Krabby came out of his Dive Ball, and walked towards the young boy.

‘Krabby…what are you doing?’ I asked him.

Krabby was doing something that almost seemed like a laugh, and then he pinched the boy in the arm. The boy came back up, screaming.

‘Krabby come back!’ I said, returning Krabby to his Dive Ball.

‘Who did that? Where are we?’ The boy asked.

‘His Krabby did this, and we are on route 104.’ Rachel said.

The boy grabbed his bag back and sighed. He said: ‘Hi, I’m Sean, and I train pig Pokémon. I just love pigs.’

‘Yeah, I can see that just by looking at your shirt.’ I replied.

It was true, he had pig Pokémon on his shirt and pants. Only it was hard to see, because he was covered in dirt. That figured, seeing he had been lying down on the ground.

‘Wow, I’m starving.’ Sean said. ‘Can we go somewhere to eat?’

‘The Pokémon Centre is a pretty end away from here, but we have some food with us.’ Rachel said.

‘Great! What do you guys have?’ Sean asked.

I grabbed my bag back and said: ‘ham sandwich and a melon.’

‘What?! Ham Sandwich?!’ He yelled.

‘I’m sorry, you can have the melon.’ I said.

‘But how are we going to cut it, Einstein?’ Rachel asked me.

Sean grabbed a giant pointy rock, but Rachel and I stopped him.

‘Let me, I have an idea. Chikorita go!’ I yelled while letting Chikorita out of her Luxury Ball. ‘Chikorita, use Leaf Blade to cut the melon in half.’ Chikorita did that.

Sean grabbed one half and started eating like there was no tomorrow.

‘Wow, he likes pigs and he eats like one. What a coincidence.’ Rachel whispered in my ear.

When he was done I asked him: ‘Ready for a battle?’

‘Behave Brad, he just recovered!’ Rachel yelled at me.

‘No, It’s okay, I’ll fight him.’ Sean said.

‘Then I choose Chikorita.’ I said, because Chikorita was still outside her Luxury Ball.

‘A grass type. In that case I’ll use my Ice type, Piloswine! Piloswine, come out!’ Sean yelled while throwing a Pokéball on the ground. However, the Pokéball turned out to be empty.

‘Huh? Oh no, Piloswine is gone. I bet he’s gone off somewhere in search for food.’ Sean said.

‘Then don’t worry, let’s split up and look for him.’ Rachel said.

‘A great plan, let’s do that!’ I yelled excited. ‘Come on, Chikorita. Cindaquil, Krabby, let’s search Piloswine. You too Treecko?’ I asked the Treecko was sitting on my shoulder.

‘Yeah, let’s use our Pokémon.’ Sean said.

Sean and Rachel both let out their Pokémon. Rachel her Bellossom, Beautifly and Skitty, and Sean his Grumpig, Primeape and Azumarill. Then we all started looking for ourselves.

Cindaquil, Krabby, Chikorita, Treecko and I where all looking, but all of a sudden we heard a chirping noise.

‘Wing….Wing’ The noise sounded.

We walked towards the sound, and saw a Wingull on the ground. It was hurt.

‘Krabby, Bubble!’ I yelled. Krabby did this, and the Wingull fainted. ‘Pokéball, go!’ I yelled while throwing my Pokéball.

The Pokéball started shaking, but the Wingull was caught. I congratulated Krabby, and we started looking again. Then we heard some noise, and we ran at it. We saw Piloswine running away, and we traced it. It was to fast however, and we lost him.

After another five more minutes we still couldn’t find it anywhere. I decided to let Wingull out of it’s Pokéball, so it could help me search from above.

‘Wing…ull!!!’ I yelled when I threw his Pokéball on the ground. Apparently Wingull was recovered.

‘Wingull, go threw the air and try to find Piloswine.’ I said to Wingull. Wingull took off immediately.

‘Wow, this is a hell of a Wingull. Normally a freshly caught Pokémon wouldn’t listen, but this Pokémon listens better then Treecko sometimes.

‘EEK!’ I then heard. I ran towards the scream, and I saw a little girl standing.

‘Excuse me, what is the problem?’ I asked her.

‘Are you blind?! That thing is searching threw my bag! Get it away!’ She screamed.

I then saw Piloswine sniffing in the girl’s bag back. ‘Guys, attack!’ I yelled at my Pokémon.

They all ran at Piloswine, and Piloswine tried defending himself against Chikorita, Cindaquil, Treecko and Krabby.

‘Chikorita, hold it down with Vine Whip. Then Cindaquil uses his Flamethrower, so try to get your vines away then Chikorita. Treecko, Iron Tail and Krabby Bubblebeam.’ I yelled at them. They all did this, and the last attack was fatal and made Piloswine faint.

‘Guys, come back!’ I yelled while putting Krabby in his Dive Ball, Chikorita in her Luxury Ball, and Cindaquil in his Ember Ball. Treecko jumped on my shoulder again. I picked up Piloswine, and the girl thanked me. She handed me a silver card, a TM.

‘Sean, here is your Piloswine!’ I yelled. Sean was there searching and he grabbed Piloswine’s Pokéball and returned Piloswine. I looked at the TM and noticed it was Bullet Seed.

Sean and I looked for Rachel, and when we found her we walked back to where Sean was when we first found him.

‘Brad and I are going to Rustboro City, will you join us?’ Rachel asked Sean.

‘No, I think Piloswine and I need more time bonding, so I’ll stay here.’ Sean replied.

‘Okay, take care then!’ I said, shaking his hand.

‘And about the battle, I’ll take a rain check.’ Sean said.

‘Finally, we’re here!’ Rachel squealed when we arrived in Rustboro.

‘Hey, wait a minute!’ I yelled.

‘What’s wrong Brad?’ Rachel asked me.

‘Well, I caught a Wingull, and told him to search for Piloswine. Only it still didn’t return.’ I said.

And just when I finished the sentence, I got soaking wet, all of a sudden. I looked up, and saw Wingull flying, back to Petalburg Woods.

‘Well, I guess it’s not as obedient as I thought.’ I said, and Rachel and I laughed.

Swinubman53
3rd May 2003, 01:20 PM
Heheh, I'm so cool :D . "Yeah, those piloswine are hard to control when they're hungry"-Sean, when piloswine ran away only a few days before brad

venkou2
3rd May 2003, 06:52 PM
THis is a good fic. If you are still letting people in your fic.

Name: Jon
Look: I'm 6ft 4 in. in a Navy Blue Long Sleeve Shirt, Navy Blue Pants and Navy BLue shoes.
Personality: Outgoing at the most well travel wth anybody.
Pokemon:
Pupitar, Peliper, Blaziken, Meganium, Electabuzz and Tyrogue

totodilelover
4th May 2003, 06:49 PM
Hey great chapter and the title is funny. Im glad they found poor Piloswine.There was a wide variety of pokemon in this chapter and I like that. This was really good in length and description. Keep writing. Can't wait for next chapter.

Dragon_Claw
5th May 2003, 03:13 PM
Chapter Eleven - The hard-rock trainer

'Are you sure you're ready?' Rachel asked me.

'As ready as possible. I've been living my life to this moment!' I replied.

'I thought you lived your life to a wife and children.' She laughed.

'Haha, a bit early, don't you think?' I said sarcastic.

'Hello, trainer fan Toby, got any tips for us?' I asked trainer fan Toby, who was standing outside the gym.

'Yes. The leader Roxanne, uses rock type Pokémon. Electric attacks don't work, and Normal attacks are not very effectife. That goes the same for Fire. Water and Grass types are a advantage.' He said.

'You study that or something?' Rachel asked him.

'Well, you kinda know the lines after saying this to every trainer.' Toby said embarresed.

We walked inside the gym, and when we entered, I saw many boulders on the floor. We walked further, and then Roxanne was standing there.

'Please, one opponent at a time.' She said.

'No, I'm just here to cheer for him.' Rachel said.

'Are you a teacher or something, cuz you sound like one.' I asked her.

'Yes. Yes I am. And I assume you must be my challenger. What about ten minutes a round tops, and each two Pokémon. Sounds fair, no?' She asked.

'Fair enough.' I said. 'Krabby, I choose you!'

'A water Pokémon? You know your type advantage. Geodude, go!' Roxanne yelled, called out a rock with arms, floating around.

'Geodude, Tackle!' Roxanne yelled.

'Krabby, Harden!' I commanded.

Geodude came at Krabby with a speed, but got bounced back by Harden. The two Pokémon looked at eachother, and you could see the fire burn in Krabby's eyes.

'Krabby, Bubble!' I yelled.

'Geodude, watch out! Dodge it!' Roxanne yelled. Geodude tried to dodge, but got hit really hard.

'Yes Krabby, the first round is in our pocket.' I yelled, and Krabby was cheering.

'Don't be so sure of that! Geodude, Self Destruct!' Roxanne laughed. Geodude let himself explode, and Krabby got hit. When the smoke cleared, both Pokémon where fainted.

'First round is tie! Trainers, call back your Pokémon, and choose your last Pokémon for round 2!' The referee yelled.

I grabbed Krabby's Dive Ball and yelled: 'Krabby, you did okay, come back!'

'Go, Nosepass!' Roxanne yelled while throwing a Heavy Ball on the ground. The Heavy Ball reveiled a Pokémon looking like a stone head with two feet and a big orange nose.

'That's hilarious!' Rachel laughed.

'Which one should I take? Treecko is my starter, and would enjoy the battle. But Chikorita is just a bit stronger, but knows better moves.' I thought.

'Hurry up, we don't have all day. The ten minutes won't start until you threw your Pokéball.' Roxanne yelled at me impatiant.

'Okay, here we go! I choose, Chikorita!' I yelled, while throwing Chikorita's Luxury Ball in the air!

'Rock & Roll Chikorita!' Rachel yelled.

'Nosepass, Tackle!' Roxanne yelled.

'Chikorita, grab Nosepass by his feet with your Vine Whip, and toss him around.' I yelled at Chikorita.

'Don't be such a stoner, Nosepass!' Rachel yelled from behind.

Nosepass ran at Chikorita, but Chikorita grabbed him with her Vine Whip and tossed him back.

'Nosepass, try your Bide!' Roxanne yelled at the Nosepass who was struggling to get back up. Nosepass was standing still and started to glow red.

'He's not moving, just like a rock.' Rachel yelled again.

'Enough with the bad rock puns!' Roxanne yelled irritated, and Rachel and I laughed.

'I've heard about this attack Chikorita. Don't do any damage to Nosepass until it stops being red!' I yelled.

'Darnit, most trainers don't know what Bide is!' Roxanne yelled.

'Sheesh, what a language for a teacher!' I laughed.

Nosepass stopped being red, and Roxanne yelled: 'Nosepass, Double-Edge!'

'Chikorita, Dodge!' I yelled at Chikorita.

Chikorita managed to dodge Double-Edge, but one of her hind legs got hit, so Chikorita couldn't walk anymore. But Nosepass went so fast that he bashed threw the door. The door was broken, and I saw a boy walking. The boy seemed awefully familliar.

'Jason!' I thought. 'Rachel, please tell that boy to come here!' I asked Rachel.

'Please no, I'm much too shy!' She said, blushing.

'Okay Treecko, pretend to be wild, attack him and then come back here, try to let him follow you.' I asked Treecko, who was sitting on my shoulder. Treecko jumped off and ran outside.

'Cheeko!!!' I heard. I looked and saw that Nosepass was storming at Chikorita again.

'Chikorita, Bullet Seed!' I yelled. Chikorita's dots on her neck started glowing white, and then they all shot at Nosepass. They where hitting Nosepass so hard, he fainted.

'I didn't know Chikorita knew Bullet Seed.' Rachel said to me.

'I let Chikorita learn it using the TM this morning.' I told her while jumping up and down.

'Nice battle!' I heard somebody saying. I turned back and saw Jason with my Treecko, and his Gulpin.

I smiled, at ran at Chikorita and picked her up. I walked towards Roxanne.

'You have showed that you're worthy enough to have my badge. It's called the Stone Badge, it's the first of the eight badges. Also, take this TM. This TM card had a 39 on it. It also said 'Rock Tomb.'

'What kind of move is it?' I asked her.

'It's a Rock type move. Your Pokémon throws rocks around the opponent. Then the rocks shatter sending millions of tiny pieces towards your opponent. Being stuck between rocks also lowers their speed.' She said.

'Wow, thanks!' I yelled excited.

'I did it! I did it!' I yelled at Jason and Rachel.

'I know, but first, take your Chikorita to the Pokémon Centre. Then we can talk about what has happened in the past week.' Jason said to me.

Dragon_Claw
8th May 2003, 08:49 AM
Chapter Twelve - Friend reunited

'So you and Alicia parted?', I asked Jason, after hearing his story.

'Yeah, she didn't want to wait any longer for you. did I tell you what Pokémon she has now?', he asked me.

'No. Not yet.' I replied.

'She traded her Corsola for a Kirlia, she caught a Linoone, and somehow she got Trapinch back.', Jason told me.

'She got Trapinch back? How?', I asked.

'I don't know, she called me yesterday. She also said she was on her way to her third badge. She is unstoppable.', Jason explained.

'But how are you doing Jase?', I asked him.

'Pretty fine. I have one badge, a Seedot, a Makuhita, a Meditite and good ol' Gulpin. How bout you?', he said.

'I have one badge too, a Krabby, Chikorita, Cindaquil and Treecko,' I told him.

'But who is this Alicia person?' Rachel asked.

'Alicia and Jason where both in my class back in Blackthorn. Jason and her where always fighting,' I explained to Alicia.

'Oh okay. Let's get going now,' Rachel asked.

'Wait a second, lemme ask Nurse Joy how Chikorita is doing,' I told Jason and Rachel.

'Don't worry Brad, Chikorita is fine. Come back any time,' she said while handing over Chikorita's Luxury Ball.

'Where are we now, Brad? We've been walking for hours,' Rachel complained.

'Half an hour to be precise, and we are on Route 116,' I explained to Rachel.

Then all of a sudden two dark persons appeared in front of us.

‘Making the region of Hoenn unsafe.’

‘From the biggest city to the tiniest cave.’

‘Stealing Pokémon is our occupation.’

‘We steal so much, no time for vacation.'

‘Alex!’

‘Lisa!’

‘Team Aqua here for widening the seven seas.’

‘More dangerous then thousands of bees!’

'Oh no, not those two!' I yelled.

'Yeah. What do you want?' Rachel asked them.

Lisa pointed at Jason and said: 'Him!'

'Why me?' Jason asked confused.

'We know your secret. You've been hanging around with two Team Magma members lately,' Alex yelled.

'Is that true?' I asked Jason.

'Yeah, but the part about me joining them isn't true. Team Magma has been trying to steal my badge and my Pokémon,' Jason replied.

'Don't lie! Delibird, Aipom, attack!' Lisa and Alex yelled.

'Cindaquil, I choose you!' I yelled.

'Gulpin, you're up!' Jason yelled.

'Aipom, mega punch against Gulpin!' Lisa yelled.

'Delibird, Head Butt against Cindaquil!' Alex yelled.

'Gulpin, when he hits you and Aipom's hand is stuck in your body, use Toxic!' Jason yelled.

'Cindaquil, finish this off quickly using Flamethrower,' I yelled at Cindaquil.

Aipom got poisened and his face was turning purple. Delibird was down, completely scorched.

'Ouch, Kentucky Fried Chicken,' Alex said while he and Lisa called back their Pokémon.

'Ready for round 2 kids?' Lisa asked.

'Ready as can be!' Jason and I yelled in stereo.

'Nidorino, Nidorina, Poison Sting!' Alex and Lisa said, throwing out Nidorina and Nidorino.

'Chikorita, Vine Whip!' I yelled while throwing Chikorita's Luxury Ball on the ground.

'Seedot, Nature Power!' Jason yelled while throwing Seedot's Pokéball on the ground.

Nidorina and Nidorino's attack where super effective because Poison is in the advantage against Grass types, and Chikorita and Seedot fainted immediately. But then...

'Look at Chikorita, it's glowing white! Is it...is it..' I said.

'Yeah Brad, It's evolving!' Rachel yelled.

'I'll check my Pokédex!' I yelled.

Bayleaf, the leaf Pokémon. The leaved around Bayleaf's neck cause the scent of a spicy aroma. If any Pokémon smells this they become healthy and energetic, and causes them to want to fight. Bayleaf is the evolved version of Chikorita.

'Bay Bay!' Bayleaf yelled. Bayleaf walked over to Seedot. Seedot jumped up and started glowing white too.

'Thanks to Bayleaf's aroma Seedot is evolving too!' Jason yelled.

Jason grabbed his Pokédex and scanned Seedot's evolution. The Pokédex said:

Nuzleaf, Seedot's evolved stage. Grass and Dark type. It uses the leaf on it's head as a flute to strike fear into trainer's hearts. Nuzleaf starts attacking everybody when his nose gets pinched.

'Bayleaf...' I yelled. 'Nuzleaf...' Jason yelled. 'Razor Leaf!' we screamed at the same time.

Nidorina and Nidorino got sent into the sky together with Alex and Lisa. Alex and Lisa yelled: 'And again we go sky high!'

With Seedot and Chikorita evolved, our heroes continue their journey threw Hoenn, to become a Hoenn Master!

Venasaur89
10th May 2003, 09:47 AM
I am reading your fanfic from the start and its really cool. The things are happening pretty fast, and u don't have any fillers. The thing that I most like is that the person it acting like a beginner trainer but it do have a lot of knowledge about pokemon.

keep it up....

Dragon_Claw
13th May 2003, 01:57 PM
Chapter Thirteen - Breaking threw the rock

As Rachel, Jason and Brad are walking threw Route 116, a sudden down poor starts. Everybody runs away, even the Lotads...

'Come on! We've got to find a hiding place!', Rachel yelled, trying to be louders then the rain drops falling down.

'Look! There's a house right there! Let's try to go in!', I yelled.

'Damn! It's locked you guys!', Jason said.

Rachel walked over to a sign, and she said: 'Tunneler's rest house. I think they're sleeping.'

'What do we do now then?', Jason asked.

'Let's go in that cave, we can shelter there, and when the storm is over we can continue threw it.', I said.

'Excellent idea! Let's go!', Rachel yelled.

They ran over to the cave, and when they got there, it was totally empty. However, creepy little eyes followed our heroes.

'I have the feeling somebody is watching us.', Rachel said nervous.

'Don't be so paranoid. The cave is totally empty.', I said.

'Look! A giant rock is blocking the cave!', Jason yelled.

All of a sudden they heard a loud screech, and pink Pokémon ran wild threw the cave.

'I'll scan them with my Pokédex.', I said while pointing my Pokédex at the creatures.

The Pokédex then spoke: 'Wismur, the whisper Pokémon. This Pokémon has a really soft voice, and it's hard to hear, even if paying close attention. But if it gets scared it screams really loud. This Pokémon doesn't like noise, so it lives in caves hoping for total silence.'

'That explains why they started screaming. Jason yelled so loud that they got scared.', Rachel said.

'Yeah, I guess you're right. Let's whisper from now on.', Jason said.

'Argh, harder! Try harder!', a voice came. We saw a man standing with a Machoke beside him. The Machoke was trying to clear the rock. Then all of a sudden the man looked back and saw Jason, Rachel and Brad standing. He said: 'Care to help me?'

'Depends on what you're doing.', Jason said.

'So, what are you doing?', I asked the man.

'I'm trying to clear the way of the tunnel.', the man said.

'Yes, we can see that. But why?', Rachel asked.

'The town after this tunnel has a Pokémon Contest house, and the city after that one has a gym. By the way, my name is Hank.', Hank said.

'Sure, we'll help.', Jason said. 'Makuhita and Meditite, help breaking this rock!', he yelled while throwing two Pokéballs on the ground.

The two Pokémon immediately started chopping down the rock together with Machoke. They where trained excellent.

'Bayleaf, use Razor Leaf!', I yelled when I threw Bayleaf's Luxury ball up in the air. Bayleaf started cutting down the rock too.

Then all of a sudden hundreds of Wismurs came running up to the heroes and Hank, and they sure didn't look happy!

'Skitty, go! Everybody cover your ears, so Skitty can sing them to sleep!', Rachel yelled after letting Skitty out of her Pokéball. The Wismurs fell to sleep immediately.

'Let's continue our work.', Hank said.

And so they did. After half an hour hard work, the rock was down half the size it used to be.

'I'm beginning to get tired! Cindaquil, Krabby and Treecko, come out!', I yelled, while letting them out of their Pokéballs. I then gave the commands: 'Cindaquil, first heat up the rock using your Flamethrower. Then Krabby, you use Bubble. The two of you working together can make the rock lose its strength. Then Treecko, you try as much as you can to destroy it.'

They did this. Cindaquil's beautifull blue flame and Krabby's clear Bubbles weakened the rock. However, Treecko didn't knew many moves to destroy it, except for some physical attacks and Absorb. Poor Treecko tried as hard as he could, but the rock was still too strong for him.

'Look at that! What's happening too Treecko?', I asked.

Treecko started glowing white and something started happening to his arms.

'It's evolving!', Hank yelled amazed.

'No it's not. Treecko just learned Leaf Blade! Look at Treecko's arms.', Jason said.

It was true. Treecko stopped glowing, but it had razor sharp leaves under his arms.

'Treecko, use your Leaf Blade!', I yelled.

Treecko ran at the rock, with his leaves pointed forwards. He cut the rock, and the rock got scattered to million pieces. The leaves fell off, started to rot, and they eventually dissappeared.

We walked to the end of the tunnel with our Pokémon following us. When we got out, we saw a man and a women with very strange uniforms, neither Team Aqua or Team Magma. They pointed at us with guns, real guns...

totodilelover
13th May 2003, 02:15 PM
That was a good chapter! I really thought that treecko was going to evolve. That's a cool way of using leaf blade since we havent seen it in the anime or read about it. That was really cleaver. The legth was good to. You could use a little more deatial when the pokemon come's in and out of the pokeball. Other than that great. Keep up the hard work!

Venasaur89
13th May 2003, 08:37 PM
Hi, that was a great chapter! keep it up.

I though the next gym would be in Dewford? but its good for a change.

Dragon_Claw
15th May 2003, 11:02 AM
Chapter Fourteen - Guns 'n Roses

'Hand us your Pokéballs!', the male said very clearly.

'Is that the real thing?', Rachel asked me.

'How should I know. Not like I see them every day.', I commented.

'It's for real alright. But this isn't your average gun with bullets. These fire energy bolts, not that big, but they sure are powerfull.', Hank said.

'Powerfull like killing?', Jason asked nervous.

'No, not killing. At least not with one shot. I think you should be hit about hundred times to get killed, but they can shoot very fast, and reloading isn't required.', Henk told us.

'Stop the talking and hand over your Pokéballs!', the female yelled.

'You actually think we're gonna do that?', I asked them sarcastic.

'So you won't give them? Too bad, eat fire!', the male yelled, and then he started shooting at us. Luckily, the Pokémon jumped infront of the energy bolts, but they fainted. Everybody recalled their Pokémon.

'Looks like you're all out of Pokémon, huh? Let's have another go!', the female screamed.

She started shooting again, and we all dropped to the ground out of fear. I noticed we weren't being hit, so I looked up. I saw two Pokémon standing in front of us. They each carried two flower heads in their hands. They where spinning them so fast, the energy bolts got shot back, and with that, the couple dissappeared.

I saw a hand reaching towards me. I was still in shock so I didn't know if this was actually happening. I grabbed the hand, and I got pulled up. I looked at the person who was pulling me up, and I saw it was a girl. She had a very pretty face, and blonde, curling hairs. She was about the same size as me, and she was wearing a black top with a red skirt. Confused I asked: 'Did I die and reached heaven? Are you an angel?' She smiled and said: 'No, you're still alive.' Then I got smacked in the face.

'Stop the romantic stuff Romeo!', Rachel yelled angry.

'Jealous, eh?', Jason asked teasing Rachel.

'Ouch!', Jason yelled, after being hit to the ground by Rachel, with now a very red face.

'So these Pokémon are yours?' Jason asked the girl.

'No, they belong to my grandma and grandpa, they live nearby. They like the nature, but they are too old to go for a walk, so I caught these Pokémon for them, to have some nature inside.', she replied with a sweat smile.

'Let's see...', I said while scanning the Pokémon with my Pokédex.

The Pokédex said: Roselia, the thorn Pokémon. Part Poison, part Grass type. It picks the flowers of which they think is the prettiest. They pick them very carefully, as they always want to have the most beautifull. When somebody is trying to steal them, Roselia shoots poisonous thorns at them.

'That's a hell of a dangerous Pokémon!', Jason yelled.

'Yeah, but I wish I had one of my own...', the girl sighed.

'A Roselia?', Rachel asked.

'No, a Pokémon.', the beautifull girl sighed again.

'You don't even have a Pokémon?', Jason asked confused.

'No, I don't have one. But I do have this contest pass, but it's useless without a Pokémon.

'I have an idea! If I get you a Pokémon, can I have the contest pass.', Rachel squealed.

'Sure, but how are you going to get me a Pokémon?', the girl asked confused.

'You can have my Bellossom. We don't get along, and Bellossom always uses Stun Spore on me.', Rachel said sad.

'That's why I never saw it.', I said.

Rachel handed over a average Pokéball, and recieved the contest pass.

'Yes, now I can finally enter contests!', Rachel yelled.

'Okay, but let's go to the Gym now. I hear the leader uses electric Pokémon.', I yelled excited.

'Oh, I'm sorry I didn't tell you. The Gym is closed because of a death case in the leader's family.', the girl said.

'What else can we do here?', Jason asked.

'Well further up ahead, is a volcano, Mt. Chimney. In a couple of days there's gonna be a fire tournament. So if any of you have a Fire type Pokémon, you can battle with them there.', she replied.

'Then that's where we're going!', I yelled excited. 'By the way, what's your name?' I asked the beautifull girl.

'My name is Roseanne, but just call me Rose. By the way, do you guys mind if I go with you, only for a short time. I wish to see real trainers battle.', Rose said.

Jason and I immediately started blushing and I said: 'Sure! It's going to be cool!'

Conn
16th May 2003, 11:17 AM
Great chapter. I like it.

Venasaur89
16th May 2003, 03:37 PM
that was a great chapter! keep it up.

totodilelover
16th May 2003, 03:42 PM
Another good chapter. You had good detail and I can't wait for the fire compition.

Dragon_Claw
19th May 2003, 03:04 PM
Chapter Fifteen - Evolution Confusion

'If we go strait to the Fire Competition, we'll be too early.', Rachel said.

'Yeah, that's why I'll train here.', I replied.

'Aren't you gonna train?', Rose asked Jason.

'No, I don't have a fire Pokémon.', Jason said.

'Maybe you can catch one.', Rachel said.

'You think?', Jason asked Rachel.

'Yeah, it's full of fire types around the vulcano.', Rose butted in. I noticed Rachel started glaring at her, I guess she doesn't like Rose.

'Hey, are you a trainer? Want to battle? I'm trainer for the Fire Tournament? Are you? Please battle me!', a very hyper trainer said to me.

'Uh...yeah, let's do this!', I yelled.

'Do what? I don't know what you're talking about! Please inform me, I don't want to be left out. That's why I started my journey, because everybody in school left me out with every joke!', the young boy said, started crying.

Then Rachel walked over to him, gave him a wink and said: 'He just wants to battle you.'

'Oh, then it's okay I guess. Then now let's get started so I can train for the Fire Compitition. Have I told you I am entering that. I think I make a pretty good shot. I have trained my fire Pokémon for quite a while now, so I think and hope I'll be able to beat you. By the way, I'm Ferry.', Ferry said.

'I'm Brad. Cindaquil, go!', I yelled, throwing Cindaquil's Ember Ball on the ground.

'Come out team! I choose you, because I need to train for the Fire Competition!', the hyper Ferry yelled. The Pokéballs revealed a Plusle, a Mimun and a Slugma.

'Excuse me, but you can only use one Pokémon.', I said, a little scared of his hyperness.

'I know that. Plusle and Minun are cheering Pokémon. Because of their cheering they make a Pokémon work better in battle. So I chose them just to cheer for Slugma, so he would have an even bigger chance to win against you and your strong looking Cindaquil', Ferry said.

'Okay, if you want to play it like that: Bayleaf, come out!', I yelled.

'Just want to say one thing, I don't want to hurt your feelings or anything but Bayleaf can't cheer, at least not good. Just look at Bayleaf, he can't even clap his hands.', the ultra-hyper Ferry said.

'Yeah I know. I'm not dumb. But Bayleaf's aroma gives Pokémon more spirit. And she's a she.', I said.

'Slugma, use your Ember. Attacking first will give us a advantage, even tough it's just a small one, but I think we should use every we can.', Ferry said.

'Well, the element of surprise is gone really, and it wasn't a quick command. Flamethrower!', I yelled.

Cindaquil's back fire started lighting with blue fire, and then shot a blue Flamethrower at Slugma. However, it wasn't effective. But something happened to Ferry.

'Oh my god! It's a Cindaquil, but not a fire but a water. Slugma, return!', he yelled as he recalled his Slugma. I saw Cindaquil and saw he gained experience.

'Whaa! That's a super rare Pokémon. But I don't think you can use it in the Fire Tournament. Whaaa!', he yelled, and he ran off.

'What a freak.', I said. I saw Bayleaf cheering for Cindaquil, but then I thought of something: Shouldn't Cindaquil evolve by now.

'Is a Pokémon Centre near here, I want to call Prof. Birch.', I said.

'No, but I can lend you my mobile phone.', Rose said.

'Hello, Prof. Birch.', I said on the phone.

'Hello Brad. How are you? How is your Cindaquil?', Birch said.

'I'm good. And about Cindaquil, that's why I called. Cindaquil is much more experienced then te rest, but Bayleaf, used to be Chikorita when I got her, is evolved.', I explained

'Oh dear, Brad, check above Cindaquil's right hip.', Birch replied.

I felt above it's right hip and said: 'I feel a rock or something.'

'That's a everstone. Cindaquil ate a Everstone while she was here. It won't ever evolve.', Birch explained.

'Okay thanks.', I said disappointed. There goes my dream of getting a Blue-fired Typhlosion.

'Look!', Rachel yelled just as I hung up and handed the cell phone back. She pointed towards a camel-like Pokémon, looking very fierce and angry at us.

Jason yelled: 'That's a fire type. Better yet, that's MY fire type!'

totodilelover
19th May 2003, 03:10 PM
Good chpater. I really thought cyndaquil would evolve but that was a cool idea with the ever stone. Keep it up! I wonder what will happen with the numel?

Dragon_Claw
19th May 2003, 03:11 PM
What? You finished reading it already? Damn, you're fast! :D

Conn
19th May 2003, 03:23 PM
Good job! I like it!
Cyndaquil WILL evovle...sooner or later, right?

Venasaur89
19th May 2003, 05:46 PM
gr8 chapter! Cyndaquil will probably evolve before the fire competition or in the competition.

keep it up....

Dragon_Claw
21st May 2003, 10:02 AM
Chapter Sixteen - The Fire Competition gets closer

'Nuuuuuuuuum......el.......', the Numel yelled bored.

'Ow you're so going to be mine!', Jason yelled, and he glared at Numel.

'This is like so boring! Catch him already!', Rose yelled impatient.

'Yes, you're right! Meditite, I choose you!', Jason yelled, while throwing a Pokéball on the ground.

'Tite...tite...medi!', Meditite yelled, before going in a fighting pose.

The Numbel noticed this and took charge.

'Meditite, Confusion!', Jason yelled at Meditite. Meditite stood with his hands forwards and his eyes turned black. Meditite made rounds with his hands, and shot a wave of black energy at Numel. Numel shot back, and Meditite started punching him really hard.

'Meditite, come back!', Jason yelled.

'What's wrong with Meditite?', I asked Jason.

'He gets carried away in fights. If he thinks he has the upper hand, he starts smashing away. Pokéball, go!', Jason told us, while he threw out another Pokéball.

'Maku...hita!', the Pokémon yelled. The Pokémon was fat and yellow, with red circels on his cheecks.

'Makuhita, use Mega Punch!', Jason yelled excited. Then Numel fainted. Makuhita acted very strange and yelled out it's name.

'What is he doing?', Rachel asked.

'It's a bit sad actually. Because Makuhita is yellow and has red cheecks, Makuhita thinks he's a Pikachu, so now it's trying to perform a Thunder Bolt.', Jason explained.

'What do you say when the Thunder Bolt isn't working?', Rose asked.

'In a case like this I say it's not working because Numel is a ground type, and in other cases I say I hasen't learned Thunderbolt yet.', Jason said.

We all laughed. Jason threw a Pokéball at the defeated Numel, and the ball closed. Beep....beep....beep....beep....ping! The ball closed, and Jason laughed in joy.

'Yes, I finally caught a fire Pokémon, now I can enter the Fire Competition!', Jason yelled.

After twenty more minutes of walking we got to a building, with behind it a great vulcano.

'Mount Chimney...', Rose mumbled.

'Where do we sign in?', I asked.

'I bet it's the building over there.', Rachel said.

'Hello, do you wish to enter the Fire Competition?', a friendly looking women asked us.

'Yes, both of us.', Jason replied.

'Okay, I need your name, hometown and Pokémon.', the women said.

'I'm Brad from Blackthorn City, and I wish to battle with my Cindaquil.', I said.

'Okay, you are registered as number nine. And you?', the women asked.

'I'm Jason, I'm also from Blackthorn City. I'll battle with my Numel.', Jason told the women.

'Okay, you are number ten. I wish you both the best of luck. Next please.', the women said.

'Numel, go out!', Jason yelled.

'Nuuuuuuumel!', Numel yelled. Jason started petting it, and Numel rolled over on it's back.

Jason quickly turned it on it's feet, because of it's round back it was hard to lay on it's back. Jason scanned Numel with his Pokédex and he said: 'It's a girl. Just like your Cindaquil!'

We discovered that everybody participating in the Fire Competition got a room in a three star hotel. We decided that Rose and Rachel should share a room, and that Jason and I would share a room. The thing was that Rachel and Rose both wanted a room for their own. Shees...girls....

Jason and I let Cindaquil and Numel out of their Pokéballs for the night, to get plenty of rest in the bed. But the bed wasn't big enough for all four of us, so Jason and I slept on the floor.

totodilelover
21st May 2003, 03:34 PM
THis was a good chapter and funny. I like the makuhita thinking it was a pikachu that was great lol. I can't wait for the next chapter. I think it will be good also.

Conn
21st May 2003, 06:01 PM
Goodjob!IalsolikedtheMakukita!Sorry,mykeyboardisn' tworking.

Dragon_Claw
22nd May 2003, 02:20 PM
I was reading 'Electric Buggy To Victory' and 'From Rookie To Champion - The Indigo Road' and I saw their characters got questions. Hmmm, you wouldn't make them think they're boring, now would you? O yeah, the next chapter, right. here it is.

Chapter Seventeen - Fire Competition, Begin!

'And now, the Fire competition opening will begin!', the boomers boomed, shocking all the people in the audience.

A guy with ten Pokémon of the same specie appeared. The Pokémon where red and yellow coloured, had sharp claws and a beak. I consulted my Pokédex.

The Pokédex said: 'Magmar, the Spitfire Pokémon. This Pokémon is born in volcanoes, and tries to spend it's life near one as much as possible. This Pokémon's body heat is close to 2,000 degrees, but touching it won't hurt you.

The Magmars started to stand around him, facing the aucience. The man started to blow on a whistle and the royal-looking spitfires started to roar their name. The man blew on his whistle now twice, and the Pokémons used an Ember on some fire-works, and the fire-work rockets got lifted up in the air. They exploded and in the air was written: 'Fire Competition.'

The boomers then banged: 'And now the people who will compete in the Fire Competition will enter the stage.'

A lot of people, Jason and I walked up to the ring and waved at the audience. Everybody started clapping, and the Magmar's walked to the walls of the battle field. We then left, and we got ready for the first battle of the day. We looked at the board, and saw that Jason was battling against Ferry, the hyper-active trainer from a about two days ago.

Jason:

I was nervous when I walked up to the stage, seeing I never battled with Numel before. I wasn't really expecting to win this entire contest, I knew that I wouldn't even stand a chance against Cindaquil and Brad. I was just more trying to train Numel. I arrived at the place where I had to stand, and I looked over at Ferry. He was as hyper as ever.

'Trainers...begin!', the referee yelled.

'Slugma, come out and use your Ember!', Ferry yelled while throwing Slugma's Pokéball on the ground.

'Numel, use your own Ember.', I yelled. The two Embers hit eachother, and they each disappeared. I could see their strength was about equal.

'Slugma, Yawn!', Ferry yelled.

I noticed Ferry wasn't as hyper-active anymore since Brad defeated him. We should get a reward from his parents. 'Numel, Take Down!'

Numel took charge and when she just hit, Slugma started to yawn really hard. The yawn got over my Numel, and Numel started to sleep.

'Numel, try to wake up girl!', I yelled at Numel, but Numel was fast asleep.

'Slugma, Body Slam!', Ferry yelled.

'Oh no, this is gonna be the end for us!', I thought. Slugma jumped on Numel's back, but the whole in Numel's back grew red, and fire erupted from it. The fire lifted Slugma up in the air, and shot him back on the ground.

'And so the sleaping Numel defeated Slugma, without even able to celibrate it's victory!', the boomers spoke, as I lifted Numel in the air and yelled: 'We did it, we did it!'

Rachel:

I saw how Jason's Numel lifted up Ferry's Slugma in the air, and how the Numel won.

'I sure could turn Numel into a real beauty queen!', I yelled while Jason was cheering.

'With that dull face expression? I think not!', Brad said joking.

'You of all people should know better that beauty is from the inside as well as the outside!', I said dissappointed.

'Numel defeated Slugma while sleeping, never having a battle with Jason as trainer. Or Numel is strong, or she has much experience. Either way, Jason will do her fine.', Brad told me.

'Hmmm, Never realised Brad knows that much about Pokémon.', I thought to myself.

Brad:

'Wow, I never saw Jason battle like that. Numel was so powerfull, and Jason knew exactly how to control her. If I have to fight against the two of them, I would have a hard time. But if I ever need to fight those two, Cindaquil and I will have some practice against other people here.', I tought to myself.

I looked at Rose, at noticed she was blushing. She didn't say anything during the fight, but she was giggling all the time. The time we got to our room, I noticed Jason was cheered up, I haven't seen him like this in a while. In fact, the last time I saw him so happy was when his older brother sent him his Gulpin. I saw on the board that Cindaquil and I had to fight an old man with a Growlithe...

totodilelover
22nd May 2003, 07:20 PM
That wqas pretty good. I liked the battle. I thought it was funny when Rachel said she could make numel look cute. Keep on writing.

AltariaMaster
23rd May 2003, 02:22 AM
Impressive!
Very well done!

Venasaur89
25th May 2003, 10:20 AM
Last chapter was kinda confusing. I didn't get If the competition started or not/

Dragon_Claw
25th May 2003, 03:47 PM
venasaur: Yes the fire tournament has started, and Jason has won the first round.

Chapter Eighteen - Heating up the battle

Brad:

'Cyndaquil, Flame Thrower! Krabby, Bubble!', I yelled at my two Pokémon.

'cookie cookie!', Krabby yelled, as he dodged the flamethrower and started pinching Cyndaquil.

'Krabby, cut it out! Train Cyndaquil!', I yelled at Krabby, but Krabby came running at me.

'Krabby, don't you dare pinch me! Listen to me, for I am your trainer!', I yelled at Krabby.

'cookie cookie!', Krabby threatened me.

'Cyndaquil, help me!', I yelled at Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil stepped forward, but Krabby looked at Cyndaquil with evil in his eyes, and I recalled Krabby.

'Not going to well, huh?', Rachel asked me.

I grinned at her and I said: 'Krabby is always trying to pinch somebody.'

'Yeah, training can be a drag. Don't overdo it, you'll be fighting this afternoon. I heard your opponent and his Growlithe are very tough. The fights of yesterday are being showed, you can watch that guy and Jason can watch himself.', Rachel said.

'Okay then, let's go get Jason and Rose now!', I yelled excited.

Rose:

'Come on Rose, wake up!', Rachel yelled.

'Yeah yeah.' I replied. 'Come on Bellossom.' Bellossom yawned and waited for me to get dressed.

'Bella!', Bellossom yelled as she climbed on my shoulder.

Five minutes later I heard a noise coming from behind me.

'Vuuuuuuuuul!', the noise sounded like. I looked back, but saw nothing.

'Vuuuuul!', the noise came again. I looked back and saw a red fox-like Pokémon.

'Let's see...', I said to myself. I grabbed Jason's Pokédex (which I stole from his Pocket) and scanned the Pokémon.

'Vulpix, the fox Pokémon. This Pokémon is born with only one white tail. The one tail splits into more tails if it gets older. The most tails it can get are six.', the Pokédex said.

'Wow, I want to have one!', I yelled. 'Bellossom, do your thing!'

Bellossom:

I watched in fear as Rose was putting me in a battle against that fire monster! I hate fire types! I want Rachel!

'Don't do it! Don't do it! I can pretend to be a Vulpix!', I yelled in fear to Roseanne, but she couldn't understand me.

'You're so cute when you think you can beat everybody!', Rose giggled.

'Hewwo! Who awe youw?', Vulpix asked me.

'I'm Bellossom. Where is your mother?' I replied.

'Mommy has been cauwt! I want a new mommy! Wilw you be my mommy?', the Vulpix asked.

'Hurry up and fight, Belly ossomy!', Rose yelled impatient.

'I hope that isn't a new nickname. I don't want to, but she wants to be you new mother.', I said.

'What do I have to do? Tell me, ow pwetty pwetty pwease!', Vulpix yelled.

'Walk up to her, grab a nice looking Pokéball and go in it.', I explained.

And so Vulpix did. Vulpix walked up to a Pokéball with little diamonds in it, tapped her nose on the button, and she became a bundle of bright white energy. She didn't try to come out, so the Diamond Ball just beeped.

'Wow, I'm like so good!', Rose yelled.

Rose:

'Wow, Belly and I make a great team!', I thought to myself while running towards the movie room. 'Just to bad Vulpix picked the Glitter Ball, I was going to put Bellossom in it.

After five minutes Rose arrived at the movie room, and she sat down next to Rachel. Rose saw a man with his Growlithe using very fast moves. this Growlithe outran the Vulpix of it's opponent, confused it by moving so fast, and eventually knocking it out.

'Hmmm, I've seen that Pokémon before somewhere...', I said. I didn't quite remember where.

'Maybe you caught the Pokémon.', Brad said, making Jason and Rachel laugh.

'Oh, right. How do you know that?', I asked Jason confused.

Then they all looked stunned at me

Venasaur89
25th May 2003, 05:02 PM
That was a okay chapter. Nothing exciting didn't happen/ The title of the chapter was different than the chapter. Actually, pokemon don't act the way Vulpix do. It was pretty short, only about 620 words. An average chapter has about 1000 words.
hope u improve that./

Anyway, keep it up....

Dragon_Claw
26th May 2003, 08:18 AM
Yeah I noticed that just after you said that. The title was next chapter's title, accidentily mixed them up :rolleyes:

And for the shortness, I didn't have any spare time so I just rounded it off.

Dragon_Claw
26th May 2003, 02:31 PM
Damnit, my brother and sister now know my password so I'll have to change username, I'll post my new username after I made one :P

Dragon_Claw
26th May 2003, 02:54 PM
Well....Tadaa, this is me (PokéRuler)

Hanada Tattsu
26th May 2003, 03:08 PM
Wow, I just read this story, and I loved it!

It's really cool, the description is great, and so are the Pokemon! Great job!

Write more!

pokemonrule13
26th May 2003, 06:02 PM
WOW! The life of a pokemon can be tough. I like how you descirbed things so well. You make your storys at a good length so it does not take forever to read. I like the luxuary ball thing. That was really neat. You are a very good writer.

Dragon_Claw
27th May 2003, 02:18 PM
Chapter Nineteen - Heating up the battle

'On the green side, all the way from Vermillion City, Sigmund and his Growlithe! And on the red side, straight from Blackthorn City, Brad and his special blue-fired Cindaquil!', the announcer spoke threw the boomers.

'I've been watching your last fight, and I must say you're impressed!', I yelled to 'Sigmund'.

'Well, I haven't see you battle yet, but I hope you're pretty strong. Growlithe and I hope you'll be worth fighting. Growlithe, go forward and approach your opponent.', Sigmunt said.

'Yeah uh right, Cindaquil, start off with a Flame Thrower, now!', I yelled at Cindaquil.

'There's no need for yelling, now is there! Growlithe, Extreme Speed.', Sigmund said to Growlithe.

Growlithe dodged Cindaquil's blue Flame Thrower, and hit Cindaquil in the progress. Cindaquil smashed back, and the beautifull blue fire on Cindaquil's back went out.

'Cindaquil, try to get your fire back on!', I yelled at Cindaquil, who was getting pretty scared by now.

'Cinda.........quil!', Cindaquil yelled, but the fire didn't go on.

'Yes Growlithe, we got Cindaquil right where we want him. Tackle, now please.', Sigmund spoke politely to Growlithe.

'I'm not gonna lose to some english guy, and neither are you Cindaquil! Try your own tackle!', I yelled at Cindaquil, with spit flying around.

The dog Pokémon and the mouse Pokémon hit eachother with their heads, and then they started pushing.

I yelled: 'Cindaquil, this is good! Use your Smoke Screen, try to get out as many smoke as possible!' Cindaquil heard this, and Cindaquil used a very strong Smoke Screen, and Growlithe was surrounded by a pitch black smoke. Growlithe started coughing and completely lost sight.

'Cindaquil, remember that Swift always hits? Have fun with shooting stars!', I yelled. Cindaquil started smiling and opened it's mouth. Three beautifull golden stars fromed in her throat, and she started shooting. About fifteen stars where shot at Growlithe, and Growlithe got shot back.

'Growlithe, a taste of Cindaquil's own medicine, Sand-Attack.', Sigmund said and Growlithe started throwing sand in Cindaquil's eyes (who always are closed but whatever). Growlithe did this for about five minutes, and both Pokémon where walking around like Spinda drunks.

'Growlithe, Flame Thrower.', Sigmund said, starting to get impatient.

'Cyndaquil, good! Your Flame Thrower now too!', I yelled. I smiled as I saw that both Flame Throwers where missing.

The two fire typed Pokémon where walking around, nearing eachother, shaking their head and arms around. Then they got too close, at they hit their heads. The Pokémon both fell back.

'Oh no! This is bad! Growlithe, come up!', Sigmund yelled nervous.

'Such bad manners.', I said smiling.

'Shut up! In case you didn't notice, your Pokémon has the same problem.', Sigmund yelled angry at me.

'Maybe you should pay less attention to me, and more to the field!', I yelled laughing.

It was true. Cindaquil was crawling back up, and looked as good as before the headbutt with the watch-dog Pokémon.

'I have another trick up my sleeve too!', Sigmund yelled, as he threw a rock at Growlithe.

'Hurting your own Pokémon will not make them win, It'll just make them faint!', I laughed. I looked how the rock hit Growlithe, but Growlithe didn't yell in pain, he started glowing a beautifull white colour. Growlithe also started growing bigger and wider.

'This is an illegal move! Therefor, Cindaquil is the winner of this match!', the referee yelled.

'What?! Evolving is totally legal!', the red-hot Sigmund yelled!

'Not if the Pokémon evolved with a stone or other object.', the referee yelled.

The big screen showed a live image of Cindaquil, of Cindaquil cheering.

'Good job!', Rachel, Jason and Rose yelled at the same time.

I then thought to myself: 'This isn't the way I should win, right?'

Next time, next chapter, a very special chapter: Dragon Special!

Venasaur89
27th May 2003, 07:33 PM
That was a pretty cool chapter. Specially at the end, when the trainer tried to evolve its Growlithe.

Good job'

keep it up.......

Zenith Magus
27th May 2003, 07:58 PM
PokeRuler/DragonClaw: Are you still looking for "filler" people?

Conn
27th May 2003, 10:06 PM
Heh, good chapters.

Dragon_Claw
28th May 2003, 04:07 PM
This chapter is Pokémon Tongue, meaning the Pokémon actually speak to eachother, in real words, but the trainers won't understand them (like Island Of The Giant Pokémon)

Dragon Special.

Dratini:

'Looks like somebody is hungry today!', the Dragon Master said.

'Yeah I sure am, what's it going to be today?', I asked the Dragon Master.

'I'm sorry Dratini, but I don't have food for you today.', DM (dragon master) explained.

'It's going to be Magicarp again huh?', I asked DM before jumping in the water.

'Hey Dratini, over here!', I heard Bagon calling.

'Hey Bagon, hows the flying going?', I asked him.

'Don't mess with me, okay? Even tough I'm a Bagon, I'd rather swim then fly, like you. When you're fully evolved, You'll fly, not swim.', the purple little dragon said.

'You don't have it as hard as Trapinch there. She nicknamed herself 'Anti-Dragon', just because she's not even dragon, and she'll never be a pure dragon.', I said.

'Hello? Anybody here?', a boy asked.

'I bet it's another challenger.', a Seadra said.

Trapinch walked up to the boy, and started chewing on his leg. The boy shouted: 'I don't want a ground Pokémon, I want lots of dragons.'

This angered Trapinch even more and she shouted: 'Feel my fury!', and he started biting even harder.

They boy managed to get Trapinch off, and dissappeard. Then DM came walking up. He said: 'Bagon, Dratini, your trainers on the phone!

'Look, look! There they are!', I heard my trainer, Brad yelling.

'Yeah, I see Jason now!', the excited purple Bagon said, smiling.

'Look, I think they're recognising us!', Jason smiled.

'I think so too, at least, I hope so!', Brad smiled back.

'So, how have you three been? Speaking of three, where is Alicia?', DM said.

'Alicia went on her own journey, but she said she got back Trapinch.', Jason said.

'I think she has been lying about that, Trapinch is still here, altough a little friendless.', DM replied.

'Maybe she has been lying about her badges too then.', I said confused.

'But you must know, if you ever need your Dragons, you can always get them. But you are too in-experienced for these dragons, so only use them if you don't have any other option.', DM said.

The kids and DM said goodbye, and the dragons went off again.

'Stop him! He stole my Swablu!', a trainer yelled, running after the boy who was attacked by Trapinch.

Then two trainers stood infront of the stealing trainer. I recognized them as Clair and the Dragon Master.

'I'll handle this one!', DM said.

'Hitaro, Don't you think you and Salamence are getting to old to fight?', Clair asked, revealing the Dragon Master's name.

'Salamence and I may have an old body, but our spirit and will is as young as when I was eightteen, and Salamence's as young as when he still was a little Bagon.', Hitaro said.

'Okay, but let me and Kingdra fight too, we need a good challenge once in a while, after beating so many trainers!', Clair yelled excited.

'Go!', they both yelled, while hurling their Pokéballs on the ground.

'Let's do this!', Salamence screeched with Kingdra yelling to response.

'Dragon Rage!', the two dragon trainers yelled.

'Come on out, and let's steal some Pokémon!', the Pokémon thieve yelled.

He threw two Pokéballs on the ground, revealing a Dewgong and a Walrein. 'In the water, dodge their attacks, and fire Ice Beams from there.', the thieve screamed nervously at his Pokémon.

'Maybe you're forgetting that Kingdra is one of the fastest and strongest water type!', Clair laughed.

However Salamence and Kingdra where fast, Dewgong and Walrein still managed to avoid the Dragon Rages. They fired Ice Beams, hitting the two dragon Pokémon.

'I've had enough of this! Twister!', Clair yelled impatiently. Kingdra pointed her head completely above, and she was like a straight line. Kingdra then started spinning and spinning, and she created a whirpool.

'Quickly, get all the Magicarp and other Pokémon to the other pools!', I yelled to the other Pokémon. Hundreds of Horsea, Seadra, about fifty Bagons and Dratitinis appeared, and five Gyarados and Vibrava. The Pokémon able to swim handed the Magicarps to the Bagons, and the Bagons threw them in the other water. The Vibrava picked up the Magicarps, and threw them in the other pools.

'Let's help the Pokémon!', a group of trainers training there yelled. Fearows, Quagsires, Murkrows, Golducks, Lanturns and many more Pokémon helped saving the Magicarps, who weren't even noticing the danger.

'Heeeeeeelp! Heeeeeeeeelp!', I heard. I saw a baby Chinchou swimming away from the whirpool, but the streaming was too fast.

'Ill help!', I yelled at the Chinchou, what put a smile to the tiny Pokémon's face. I grabbed Chinchou with my tail, and threw it towards a Gyarados. The Gyarados took the tiny Pokémon back to shore.

'Oh no, the whirpool is pulling me back myself! Help!', I yelled but I saw no other Pokémon. Then I was lifted higher above, above the water, in the sky. I looked up and saw a beautifull yellow Dragonite.

'Pokémon and their trainers, all alike. First I saved your trainer, now I saved you!', the Dragonite laughed.

'Dragonite, bring Dratini here!', Lance yelled. Dragonite swept down, and put Dratini on the ground. Then Dragonite grabbed Walrein, and threw the Ice/Water Pokémon on the ground. Then Dragonite grabbed Dewgong, who was trying to get away, by the tail. Dragonite started spinning and spinning, for almost two minutes. Dragonite let go of Dewgong, and Dewgong bumped into Walrein, who bumped into the thieve. The two Pokémon and their trainer then blasted off, and the trainer let go of Swablu.

Swablu flew back to it's trainer, and for the rest of the afternoon, every Pokémon but Trapinch, helped to put the Magicarp back to their original lake.

Conn
29th May 2003, 06:19 PM
Great chapter!

...Dratini rocked. :P

Wizzy
30th May 2003, 04:45 PM
This was a great chapter!
I think it very original!
Keep up!

Dragon_Claw
1st June 2003, 12:53 PM
Chapter 20 - Farewell Hoenn?

'Torkoal, Body Slam!', the trainer yelled.

'Cindaquil, dodge it!', I yelled back. It was my second battle in the fire competition, and I wasn't planning on losing it. Cindaquil got shot back, and I saw the fire on her back weakening.

'Cindaquil, Swift!', I yelled and Cindaquil fired three stars at Torkoal. However, Torkoal was part stone and the Swift wasn't very effective.

'Torkoal, Tackle!', the other trainer yelled. 'Cindaquil, try your tackle too!' Torkoal and Cindaquil ran at eachother, and Cindaquil knocked Torkoal's head with her shoulder. The Pokémon both got shot back.

'Cindaquil, are you allright?', I asked. Cindaquil was exhausted, and shook her head. 'Alright Cindaquil, come back!'

Cindaquil ran to me, and Torkoal and it's trainer where pronounced as winners. 'It's alright Cindaquil.', I assured Cindaquil, who started to climb on my shoulder.

Rachel:

'I'm sorry you didn't win.', I said and I patted Cindaquil on her head. 'Cindaaaa!', she replied.

'Don't worry, can't win em all!', Jason assured me. 'Besides, it's no wonder you lost.'

'Don't say he's so bad Jason!', I said and I punched Jason on his shoulder.

'He's not. The guy with the Torkoal lives here, and he's been Fire Competition Champion for three years in a row.', Rose said.

Brad:

'Quil!'

'Cookie!'

'Treeck!'

'Bay...Bay!'

All my Pokémon where eating while I was thinking about the match. That Torkoal was so tough. The match only lasted for what, three minutes.

I grabbed a cookie from my bagback that my mother stuffed in my bagback. However, this was a while ago so they where knd of soggy. 'Oh well.', and I put it in my mouth.

Then the phone rang. I walked over to it, and it was my grandma.

'Hiya grannie!', I yelled excited.

'Hello? Is this Brad? Oh, hello Brad. How are you?', she asked.

'I'm allright. Just lost a battle but my Pokémon and I are over it. How's things going with you? And how's mom? Talked to her?', I asked.

'That's the reason I called you. It wasn't easy getting this number. But about your mother. Brad, listen carefully. Your mother had a heart attack.', grannie spoke.

Then, everything wen't black. I swallowed, and dropped the phone. My Pokémon ran at me, and gathered around me. They tried snapping me out of my confusion, but they didn't succeed. Then Krabby couldn't resist, and pinched me in the ***. I snapped out of it, and grabbed the phone.

'A heart...', I swallowed. 'A heart attack?', I asked her.

'Yes, I'm afraid so. The doctors said it might be because of her stress. You and your mother might need to move to another country. It's full of islands and it has a nice and warm climate. It has a Leauge. I don't know everything about it yet, but you might want to come back. Call me with your decision, and if you want to come back I'll come and take you home.', She said, before hanging up.

I put down the phone, and Jason and Rachel came in. 'What's up?', Jason asked. Then I explained them everything.

'So...Are you quitting the Hoenn adventure?', Jason asked insecure.

'I don't know. Should I?', I asked confused.

'I don't know. Either way, you're giving up alot.', Rose said.

'Maybe I won't become a Champion ever. But if I don't go back home, my mother's status could worsen.'

'Rose and I will go, but when you decide let us know.', Rachel said, and the girls walked off, and Jason and I went to bed.

This was the stunning 20th chapter of 'Becoming A Hoenn Master'. After Brad's mom having a heart attack, will Brad leave the region of Hoenn and move to other islands. If so, will he enter that leauge? What do you think, or better yet, what do you hope?

Venasaur89
1st June 2003, 03:52 PM
gr8

that was a awedsome chapter, probably the best .

I think he will go back home because ur parents r important than anything else.

Conn
1st June 2003, 08:43 PM
So, the last chapter of becoming a Hoenn master?

Great chapter, too.

pokemonrule13
3rd June 2003, 03:55 PM
I have read all your chapters and they are all really good. But the last one you did chapter 20 was a little short. It had good description though. I hope he continues on to become a master in hoenn.

ralts_mudkip
3rd June 2003, 10:17 PM
I hope that his mom makes a complete recovery, and that brad gets to continue on his adventure, cause if he has to move to the other islands and that's the end of the story, then this would make out to be a very bad fan fic. ;p and now for some nit picking:

Torkoal is not part rock,

Treecko can not learn Leaf Blade, it has to evolve into Grovile first,

Chikorita can't learn Leaf Blade at all,

i think that Nosepass should have got a chance to use Rock Tomb,

and last but not least: Rock type pokemon are not imune to eletric attacks!!! ground types are.

Oh, yah and i don't think you develop your characitors enogh.

(looks like a chance t have my characitor in this fan fic is out of the question. ;o )

Dragon_Claw
4th June 2003, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by ralts_mudkip
I hope that his mom makes a complete recovery, and that brad gets to continue on his adventure, cause if he has to move to the other islands and that's the end of the story, then this would make out to be a very bad fan fic. ;p and now for some nit picking:

Torkoal is not part rock,

Treecko can not learn Leaf Blade, it has to evolve into Grovile first,

Chikorita can't learn Leaf Blade at all,

i think that Nosepass should have got a chance to use Rock Tomb,

and last but not least: Rock type pokemon are not imune to eletric attacks!!! ground types are.

Oh, yah and i don't think you develop your characitors enogh.

(looks like a chance t have my characitor in this fan fic is out of the question. ;o )

In 'Tracey's quest' a mudkip is part ground, but I don't hear anybody complain about that.

In the anime you see Pokémon use moves they can't even peform.

And I wish that Pikachu would stop using Thunderbolt, so we're even.

It is my fic, so I decide that here.

They only got one badge, give me a little time to do that.

If you don't like my fic, please just don't read it.

ralts_mudkip
4th June 2003, 07:12 AM
I'm sorry... I was rather rude wasn't i? I'm still enjoying your fan fic thogh.

Dragon_Claw
4th June 2003, 07:45 AM
Chapter 21 - The decision

Jason:

'Oh no, Numel!', I yelled. I saw Numel there on the floor, and Magmar and his trainer laughing. Then it struck me, I lost.

'At least we can go to the Mauville gym again.', Brad was trying to cheer me up.

'I guess so. Besides, a badge is much better then some trophy.', Jason said.

'Yeah, so let's get on our way again.', Brad said, dissappointed.

'By the way, are you going to your mother?', Jason asked Brad.

'No, she's doing much better. Only if it gets worse, then I'll leave. I already told this to grandma.', Brad replied.

After walking for some hours, Brad, Jason, Rachel and Rose got to a beautifull park.

'What's this?', Rose asked.

Rachel walked over to a board and said: 'The sign says it's a golf course. But not for people, but for Pokémon!'

The gang all laughed. 'Let's go and take a look!', Jason said excited.

'Welcome to the Pokémon Golf Course. Would you like to enter the tournament?', a man behind the counter asked.

'We don't have any golf clubs.', Brad said.

'That's okay. You get golf clubs to lend. The trainer of the Pokémon if the caddy. If you win, you get the latest golf cart.', the man said smiling. 'Would you like to enter?'

'I'm not, it seems boring!', Brad said.

'I will use Makuhita, it doesn't look boring to me.!', Jason yelled excited.

'I would enter, but I can't use anybody.', Rachel said sad.

'Yes you can. Take back Bellossom, I already caught a Vulpix.', Rose said, handing back Bellossom's Pokéball.

'Thanks. Then I'll use Bellossom.', Rachel said.

'I'm going shopping, I'll come and check on you guys later.', Rose said.

Rose:

'Wow, what a darling dress, I must get that!', I said talking to the girl behind the counter. I looked at the shiny red dress.

'It's made out of satin.', the girl said. 'Okay, I take it!', I said happy.

I paid and but the dress in a plastic bag. I let Vulpix out of her Pokéball, and noticed she only had three tails. 'You're very young, aren't you?', I asked Vulpix. 'Vuuuuuul!', she replied.

'Get your stones right here! Every stone in existance here!', a boy screamed walking with a basket full with stones.

'Wow, a pretty nice glowing red stone with a flame inside!', I said when I looked at the stones.

'The fire stone, yes, and a pretty one too.', the boy said.

'I'll have one.', I said, while handing him the money. I then put the fire stone in my bag, and I went on, with Vulpix right behind me.

'Brad:

'You wanna battle?', I asked a man with a human-shape Pokémon.

I pointed my Pokédex at the funky-haired Pokémon, and the Pokédex said: 'Mr. Mime, the mime Pokémon. With the special dots on it's hands it can create barriers and lightscreens. This Pokémon isn't good at fighting, but it can defend great using it's walls. This is a psychic Pokémon.'

'I beg your pardon? I'm going to put in a minute. I can't deal with rif-raf like you.', the man said, before walking away.

'Do you want to battle?', I asked a man with a Magmar.

'No I'm sorry, I don't have time for the likes of you.', the man said.

'Jason!', I yelled, while running to Jason. 'Nobody wants to battle!'

'Then go to the kiddy room, there are kids with Pokémon.', Jason said. 'Gotcha!', I said before running off.

'Anybody wants to battle?', I asked when I arrived there.

'Yes, I will battle you.', a kid of my age said. 'Halfpipe!', he yelled, and the room turned into a halfpipe.

'I choose Treecko!', I yelled while hurling Treecko's Pokéball on the floor.

'My Pokémon is Golem!', the snobby kid yelled while throwing a Heavy Ball on the ground.

'Let's see!', I said, scanning Golem with my dark-red Pokédex.

The Pokédex said: 'Golem, the mega ton Pokémon. This Pokémon's hard body is capable of living threw exlosions. During earthquakes this Pokémon will come rolling down mountains all at once. This is a Rock/Ground Pokémon.

'Golem, Rollout!', the boy yelled. Golem started rolling up and down, and started rolling with an incredible speed.

'Treecko, Steel Tail.', I yelled. Treecko smashed Golem back, but Golem continued on rolling.

'Treecko, evade!', I yelled panicking. Treecko jumped to the right, and then to the left. 'Keeping to evade isn't going to win this battle! Golem, keep going!', the boy yelled.

'No it's not! Treecko, Leaf Blade!', I yelled. Treecko tried to slash with his sharp leaves, but Golem evaded it. The leaves dried and fell off, crumbling to nothing.

Treecko started to glow a shiny color of white, and started growing. He grew taller and got a long leave on his head, three leaves under each hand, and a tail made of two long leaves. The white color dimmed, and the leaves where dark-green.

'Grovyle!', it yelled. Golem rolled down again, and Grovyle just stood there, two hands pointing forward. Golem hit Grovyle's hands, and Grovyle lifted Golem in the air. Grovyle threw Golem in the air, and he hit a metal pipe. Golem fainted, and the trainer recalled Golem.

'Nice fight.', he complimented.

'Thanks.', I said smiling. I recalled my new Grovyle. The red beam hit Grovyle, and Grovyle turned into small red particles, and then went inside the Pokéball.

Then the gang all got back together, just in time for the prizes to be given to the golvers.

'And the first prize goes to...Jason and his Makuhita!', a man yelled. Jason walked up and recieved a ticket. The man said: 'With this ticket, you can get a golfcart with a radio in it. Go to the electric store in Mauville city. If you hand the ticket in there, you get a golf cart with room for four persons.'

Another man walked up to Jason and said: 'Hello. I was wondering, would you please want to trade your Makuhita?', the man said.

'It depends for what.', Jason replied.

'for my Kangaskhan. Kangaskhan is a strong normal type body, that raison young Pokémon in it's pouch. This one doesn't has a child though.', the man said.

'sure.', Jason said.

After trading, Brad asked Jason: 'Shouldn't you have told him about Makuhita thinking it is a Pikachu?'

'No, I really want this Kangaskhan.', he said laughing.

'By the way, how was things with you?', Jason asked Brad.

'Treecko evolved into Grovyle!', Brad said excited.

'Congratulations!', Jason said.

'Let's go walking towards Mauville again.', Rose and Rachel said at the exact time.

Conn
4th June 2003, 10:23 AM
Woo! Great chapter. You have to change your sig now. =P

Venasaur89
4th June 2003, 08:05 PM
gr8 chapter

Keep it up!

Dragon_Claw
8th June 2003, 08:10 AM
Chapter 22 - A shocking match

'So? Who's going first?', Brad asked Jason, standing before the Gym.

'You go first. I'm going to get that golf cart.', Jason said.

'I'm going back to my grandma and grandpa. I guess this is the end of my journey with you guys.', Rose whispered.

'Goodbye. If we ever come back to Mauville, we'll be sure to pay you a visit.', Rachel said.

Rachel, Jason and Brad said farewell to Rose, and Rachel and Brad went inside the Gym.

'Hello trainers. Wattson is the Gym Leader of Mauville City. He battles using his electric Pokémon. To get to him, you have to dodge the electric beams shooting from the walls.', Trainer Fan Toby said.

'Dodge!', Rachel yelled as a electric beam was coming towards me.

Brad dodged the electric beam, but a second one hit me in the knee. I fell on the ground, worn out. A man appeared. The man was rather fat, with short white hair and a big white beard. He had a big smile on his face. He said: 'You can quit, but then you can't battle me.

'So, you're the Gym Leader Wattson?', Brad asked.

'Yes. Do you wish to continue?', he asked.

'Yeah, yeah I will!', Brad said confident. Bayleaf jumped out of her Pokéball, yelling her name. She lifted Brad on her back using her vines.

'Bayleaf, will you carry me to Wattson?', Brad asked his female grass Pokémon. 'Bay Bay!', Bayleaf yelled.

'Remember, Electric moves aren't very effective against Grass types, so Bayleaf will be able to make it threw.

Bayleaf got hit by 2 electrical beams, but she still managed to walk on. After five minutes and six electric beams we got to the fighting arena. Bayleaf fell to the ground, worn out.

'Bayleaf, it's okay, you can rest now.', Brad said aiming the orange light from Bayleaf's Luxury Ball at the Aroma Pokémon.

'Come forward girl, the electricity beams are switched off.', Wattson said, and Rachel came forward.

'And now, let's battle!', Brad said, trying to look like Ash Ketchum in his gym episodes.

'The match is played without a time limit and both trainers can use two Pokémon. A withdrawel is concidered a loss. Trainers, begin!', the referee yelled.

'Voltorb, I choose you!', Wattson yelled. As he threw out a Pokéball, the Pokémon that was inside came out. This Pokémon was just like a Pokéball, but then with two eyes, and they weren't friendly looking. Brad pointed his Pokédex at the Pokéball-like Pokémon.

The Pokédex said: 'Voltorb, the Pokéball Pokémon. After discovering new material for the Pokéballs, people started making Pokéballs with this Pokémon as design. This Pokéball began to grow more populair then the apricorn Pokéballs. However, this Pokémon isn't too populair because people rather have an organic Pokémon.

Brad:

'Grovyle, go!', I said, as I threw the Pokéball containing my newly-evolved Grass Pokémon. 'Grovyle!', my velociraptor Pokémon screeched.

'Voltorb, Rollout!', the white haired tubby named Wattson yelled.

'Grovyle, Quick Attack!', I yelled quickly. Grovyle threw his body against Voltorb's, and the Pokémon both fell on the ground.

'Voltorb, Thundershock!', Wattson yelled. I could see this Pokémon had more experience, because for a Grass Type Pokémon, Grovyle sure took a lot of damage.

I knew I had to come with a plan. 'Wait a second, isn't this Pokémon known that if he gets hit too much, he uses explosion?', I thought to myself. 'Yeah, I've got it. Grovyle, use Leaf Blade on the floor to make a big hole!', I yelled excited.

Grovyle's six leaves, three on each hand, started to grow really big and sharp, and with about ten slashes, a 2 meter hole appeared in the ground. 'Now, Grovyle, use Iron Tail to throw Voltorb in the hole!', I yelled, not trying to sound mean.

Grovyle jumped behind Voltorb, and swung his now metal coloured tail against Voltorb, making him roll into the hole. Voltorb started charging energy, and he blew himself up. But the explosion didn't come above the hole, so Grovyle was the winner of the first round.

'Alright, I can win this!', I yelled excited.

'Don't get your hopes up. This Pokémon will be too much for you to handle...', Wattson said with a grin on his face, clenshing a Pokéball with a lighting beam on it...

ralts_mudkip
8th June 2003, 09:55 AM
Yay! An up date! :D I can't wait to see what hapens next (jumps up and down expectantly) Oh yes and can you give Wattson's pokemon a chance to use Shockwave? (a never miss Electric attack)

Conn
8th June 2003, 11:26 AM
I like the chapter. Is Minun/Plusle coming out next?

Venasaur89
8th June 2003, 11:30 AM
Gr8 chapter!

But too short.... only about 700 words? U should have atleast started the round 2.

Keep it up.......

P.S> Try to update more often.

Dragon_Claw
9th June 2003, 04:32 PM
Chapter 23 - A Shocking Match II

'This one, you can't defeat!', Wattson said, throwing his Lighting Ball on the ground.

A mouse-like Pokémon with red cheeck, a big tail and long ears appeared. 'Pika!', it said.

'Hmmm, let's check the Pokédex.', I mumbled.

'Pikachu, the mouse Pokémon. This Pokémon uses electrical attacks to frie berries in the wild. This Pokémon is fast but not so strong, and is often used as pets for especially girls. However, Pikachus with experience can be very strong. This is an electric-type Pokémon.', the Pokédex spoke with his metallic like voice.

'Okay Grovyle, Quick Attack!', I yelled at my wood gecko Pokémon.

'Pikachu, counter with your own Quick Attack!', Wattson yelled. Both Pokémon jumped against eachother with their shoulder forward, and because Grovyle was much bigger Pikachu fell back.

'Pikachu, Thunder Shock!', Wattson yelled.

'Grovyle, use your Mega Drain.', I said. I didn't knew if Grovyle knew this attack, I just saw this attack standing while I searched info about his first form, Treecko.

Grovyle's Mega Drain was pretty good. He drained the energy he lost by the Thunder Shock right back. Both Pokémon got pretty tired, Wattson and I could both see that.

'Grovyle, Leaf Blade!', I yelled. Wattson got pretty scared of Grovyle's growing Blade. 'Pikachu, Agility!', he yelled. Grovyle tried to hit Pikachu, but Pikachu jumped on Grovyle's head, making Grovyle fall to the ground.

'Pikachu, Iron Tail!' Pikachu's tail turned white, and he hit Grovyle on his back. 'Grovyle, come back!', I yelled with Grovyle's Pokéball in my right hand. a red beam was shot at Grovyle, and Grovyle turned into the same red light. He then disapeared in his Pokéball.

'Don't be down Brad, Grovyle was already tired.', Rachel tried cheering me up.

'Which Pokémon should I use now. Krabby was strong, but he was weak to electric attacks. Grovyle was out ofcourse, so my choise was between Cindaquil and Bayleaf. Bayleaf could be already tired, and Iron Tail could be hard to handle.', I thought to myself.

'I...I made my choise, and it is...Bayleaf!', I yelled, throwing Bayleaf's Luxury Ball on the ground.

'What?! Are you crazy? Bayleaf had to carry you and get hit by the electric beams. Plus Iron Tail could take her out!', Rachel screamed.

'I know, but I trust Bayleaf.', I said, smiling at Bayleaf.

'Too bad, trust just isn't good enough!', Wattson yelled laughing. 'Pikachu, Quick Attack!'

'Bayleaf, Razor Leaf!', I yelled at Bayleaf. But Bayleaf missed with all three leaves, and Pikachu threw Bayleaf to the ground.

'I said you should have chosen Cindaquil! Bayleaf is too tired!', Rachel yelled from the back.

I checked the Pokédex for some of Bayleaf's attacks. The Pokédex said: 'Tackle, Growl, Razor Leaf, Reflect, Synthesis, Poison Powder, Body Slam, Light Screen, Safequard and Solarbeam'

'What? Synthesis? What's that?', I tought to myself. I pressed Synthesis on my Pokédex.

'Synthesis, used by only a few Grass type Pokémon. This is a Grass type move. When using this attack, this Pokémon recovers energy. How much it restores, depends on the surroundings. How cleaner it is, the more it restores'

'Okay Bayleaf! Synthesis!', I yelled. Bayleaf started glowing green, and after the green light disappeared, it left Bayleaf almost fully healed.

'Yes, Mauville uses green energy, and is one of the cleanest cities in Hoenn.', Wattson said proudly. 'Oh wait, Pikachu, another Quick Attack, that seemed to work well!', Wattson continued. Pikachu quickly dove from left to right, from right to left, and like that he raced forwards.

'Quickly Bayleaf, Body Slam!', I yelled at Bayleaf. Bayleaf belly-landed on Pikachu, and Pikachu's head and tail came from below Bayleaf, nothing else. 'Pikachu, Agility!', Wattson yelled. And Pikachu ran away from under Bayleaf.

'Pikachu, climb on Bayleaf and use Shockwave!', Wattson yelled. Pikachu ran at Bayleaf, and jumped on her leaf, which was standing on her head. Pikachu started using Shockwave, and Bayleaf fell threw her for-knees.

'Bayleaf, listen carefull. Use Razor Leaf pointing at the wall!', I spoke clearly. Bayleaf did this, and Pikachu was sitting on one of the leaves. Pikachu got smacked against the wall. 'Bayleaf, quickly before he falls down, use Body Slam!', I yelled.

Bayleaf Body Slammed Pikachu even further in the wall. 'Should we continue, or are you wise enough to give up?', I asked Wattson.

'You are right, Pikachu, return!', Wattson said while his Thunder Ball was absorbing Pikachu. 'You are a better trainer then I am. Take this.', Wattson said while handing me a silver card and a badge. I looked at the TM card. It said: 'Electricity Swift.' 'Huh? Electricity Swift? Never heard of it.', I said, putting the card in my bag. 'No, I made it myself, and then it got approved by the official Pokémon Leauge Federation. Your Pokémon shoots three swift stars, bursting with electricity. This attack never misses.', he said.

Rachel ran towards me and hugged me. I was amazed but then she said: 'Uh, sorry. Good job though.' We walked outside and saw Jason sitting in a golf cart. He had a big smile on his face and said: 'let's go to the PokéCentre.' 'Yeah, we can sleep their.', Rachel said laughing.

We sat in the golf cart, and the engine spun like a Skitty. Then Jason broke the silence and said: 'By the way, got any tips to beat Wattson?', after I told him I won my second badge. 'Are you sure you want them?', I asked him. 'No, never mind. I would feel better just finding out myself.', Jason said. And we continued driving towards the PokéCentre.

Conn
9th June 2003, 05:31 PM
Good chapter. Bayleaf rocked!

ralts_mudkip
10th June 2003, 11:24 AM
I'm pretty sure that it's same thing as Shock Wave, the move i requested. But oh well... :(

Dragon_Claw
10th June 2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by ralts_mudkip
I'm pretty sure that it's same thing as Shock Wave, the move i requested. But oh well... :(

Shockwave WAS used!

'Pikachu, climb on Bayleaf and use Shockwave!', Wattson yelled. Pikachu ran at Bayleaf, and jumped on her leaf, which was standing on her head. Pikachu started using Shockwave, and Bayleaf fell threw her for-knees.

Jukain
10th June 2003, 02:50 PM
Rats, you stole my thunder.:P I thought I was the only one to write about Wattson. Oh well, mine is really different. I'm still reading through all the chapters. I'll be back with my opinions later. I'm glad someone is this far in Hoenn besides me.

ralts_mudkip
10th June 2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Dragon_Claw
Shockwave WAS used! My point is that Eletric Swift (in the video game) is cald Shock Wave.

... here i go, geting all nit picky again. ;o

Dragon_Claw
17th June 2003, 09:16 AM
I know I haven't updated for a while, and I won't probaply. The Netherlands (where I live) are experiencing a one-in-a-lifetime heat wave, and i live near the beach, so I'll take full advantage of it

Dragon_Claw
18th June 2003, 04:45 PM
Dearest readers, I am forced to make a hard decision, I cannot make by myself.

Many people are starting to write their fic in Hoenn, and plus the anime, it's not original enough anymore for my feeling. I now have two options: Continue the fic in Hoenn, or continue the fic in a whole new place (the island I have been talking about).

Please choose, I only write to entertain the audience.

DannyBoy
18th June 2003, 05:46 PM
I think you should keep on going through hoenn. I think you were doing a great job already so I think you should keep goiing with it!

Venasaur89
18th June 2003, 05:47 PM
JUst continue in hoenn because there are only 2 more Hoenn fics beside you.

Dragon_Claw
19th June 2003, 10:17 AM
yeah but it still seems alot, 3 Hoenn fics, and It's not that interesting to people who have played the game

Karania
19th June 2003, 12:28 PM
I don't agree. I think that any number of Hoenn stories are fine. It give the subject of each story more flavor.

Jukain
19th June 2003, 01:55 PM
Actually, I liked the game so much, that it was part of the reason I made my fic. However, I am aware that not that many share my opinion. I doesn't bore me in the slightest. In fact, I like a lot of the original ideas in this one. I know it's not a really original concept to do Hoenn, but that doesn't stop me, and my fic isn't even on this board. Like Karania says, each one is different, and that can still make it good.

Dragon_Claw
19th June 2003, 03:38 PM
Jukain: Thanks! I hope you'll put you're fic here some day, I am looking forward reading it.

And everybody else, I will continue in Hoenn, but when I think it's enough, I'll probapely stop. I'll make less fillers, because this is only the second Gym fight.

Chapter 24 - Trainer in a pouch

'This time I will win the Pokémon Leauge! This time, nobody will stop me!', Brad yelled in the open beach air.

'Hey punk! Show your skills in a match!', a tall boy yelled.

'You're on! I choose you!', Brad yelled as I threw a ball on the ground. The ball opened, and revieled nothing more then emptyness, complete emptyness.

'Sucker!', the tall guy yelled. He threw out six Pokéballs, reveiling a six mean looking Pokémon. The Pokémon all walked closer, and the boy's laugh was heard from the distance, further and further away, and everything went black.

'Brad, Brad wake up!', Rachel yelled, trying to wake Brad up. Brad jumped up, with sweat to his forehead. 'Good, it was just a dream. Actually a nightmare.', he mumbled.

'Get dressed Brad, my Gym Match in half an hour.', Jason smiled.

'Wattson, I challenge you. I came to get a badge, and I won't leave this town without it! This battle will be fought in honor of my Pokémon, so show yourself, and battle me now!', Jason yelled.

'Wow, he really takes this thing serious, doesn't he?', Rachel asked snickering. 'No kidding, he lights up fighting in a gym!', I said laughing.

'Wow, you're rather excited, aren't you?', The fat Wattson yelled. 'Okay, then let's get this started? 2-2, I can't swith, and there is no time limit.', Wattson replied.

'What a mouthfull. Okay, I choose you, Gulpin!', Jason yelled, throwing the Pokéball containing his favorite Pokémon on the ground. Gulpin came out, and started flexing it muscles (well, it looked like this, I don't know if it has muscles underneath all that sludge)

'That looks impressing. See if it can match this! Magnemite, go!', Wattson yelled. The Pokéball landed on the floor, and a strange looking Pokémon came out. The Pokémon was a silver ball, with two magnets on it's side, and one giant eye in the middle. 'Magne....mite!', it yelled.

'Magnemite, Iron Tackle!', Wattson yelled confident. 'Gulpin, Poison Gas!', Jason yelled.

Gas was formed around Magnemite, and it got poison. It also lost side of Gulpin, and it crashed in the floor.

'Gulpin, pound!', Jason yelled. Gulpin smashed himself on Magnemite, and the battle wasn't easy for it. 'Magnemite, Shock Wave!', Wattson yelled.

Magnemite started shocking Gulpin, and Gulpin started getting fried (or so it smelled). 'Gulpin, get out of there!', Jason yelled scared. But it was simply too late, and Gulpin was defeated.

Jason felt as defeated as Gulpin was, and dissappointed he aimed the red beam of his Pokéball at Gulpin, who was put back in his Pokéball. 'And what now? My strongest Pokémon, defeated. But wait a minute...', Jason thought to himself. 'Ofcourse, Kangaskhan!

'I choose you, Kangaskhan!', Jason yelled, throwing a Ultra Ball on the ground. A big yellow and brown Pokémon appeared, and roared her name loudly.

This Pokémon was very confused, it never was out of her Ultra Ball since being traded, so it didn't know anybody. Jason started waving at Kangaskhan, and she started to look at Jason in the strangest way. Then all of the sudden she ran towards Jason, grabbed his shirt, and tried to put him in her pounch.

'No, no! Stop it!', Jason yelled, trying to escape the strong grip. But it was useless, this Pokémon was very strong.

'Let me check my Pokédex.', Brad said, pointing his Pokédex at Kangaskhan, trying to get an explenation of her behavior.

'With no baby in her pounch, a full-grown Kangaskhan female can get very lonely. It will see another creature as her baby. This sometimes comes in handy, seeing she will do her best protecting her newfound baby', the Pokédex explained.

'I wonder how she is gonna name him!', Rachel yelled laughing.

'Hello? The fact we don't have a time limit, doesn't mean you should keep us waiting all the time!', Wattson yelled angrily.

Kangaskhan turned around, and glared at Wattson. Then at Magnemite. Then at Wattson, and then at Magnemite again. Kangaskhan (with Jason in her pounch), started running at Magnemite. Magnemite looked scared, and had reasons to. Kangaskhan grabbed Magnemite, and threw it right at Wattson.

Wattson and Magnemite both where scared, and Magnemite got hit against Wattson's head. Wattson was off better then Magnemite, who was now knocked out.

'K.O!', There referee yelled. Wattson called back his Pokémon, and now it was one on one.

'Okay, this one won't be so easy to defeat! Wattson clenched a Thunder Ball, which he threw at the ground. The Pokéball opened, revieling a orange mouse.

'Raichu, the mouse Pokémon. This Pokémon is the evolved version of Pikachu, when it's exposed to a Thunder Stone. This Pokémon's arms and feet are grown stronger and taller, so it can kick and punch harder. This Pokémon's electric power is so strong, an average one can parylize a Dragonite.', the Pokédex said.

'So, you evolved it after you battled me?', Brad asked.

'Yes, right after you defeated me. I thought I couldn't have a Pikachu losing to a Bayleaf.', Wattson said. 'But to get back to the battle, Raichu, Thunderpunch!'

Raichu send a fist with crackling electricity towards Kangaskhan, but she just blocked it, trying to protect Jason, who was still in her pounch. 'Dizzy Punch!', Jason yelled.

Kangaskhan punched Raichu on the cheeck, making it confused. Raichu was walking around the field, not knowing where to go.

'Kangaskhan, Faint Attack!', Jason yelled. Kangaskhan started disappearing, but you still could see Jason sitting in her pounch. He was so ashamed, but it looked funny. You couldn't see his legs, because everything below the stumic was inside the pounch.

Kangaskhan then re-appearred and bashed Raichu with her shoulder. Ofcourse did was hurting Raichu, but Raichu snapped out of his confusion.

'Raichu, Thunder!', Wattson yelled. Raichu started powering up, and Kangaskhan grabbed Jason under his arms. When Raichu released his Thunder, Kangaskhan threw Jason in the air, taking the hit herself. After Raichu stopped, Kangaskhan caught Jason again, putting him in her pounch.

'Wow, what I wouldn't do for a Raichu!', Brad thought to myself.

'Comet Punch!', Jason yelled. Kangaskhan started pummeling Raichu, but Raichu then jumped back. 'Iron Tail!', Wattson yelled.

'Quick, try to get hold of it in your hands!', Jason yelled at Kangaskhan, from out of her pounch. Raichu's tail started glowing white, and he smashed it down hard. But somehow Kangaskhan still managed to catch it. The white glow went away, and Kangaskhan started to spin Raichu around. faster and faster and faster, and then Kangaskhan released him. Raichu smashed against the wall, knocked out.

'The winner is the challenger! This means the challenger gets the badge!', the referee yelled.

'Now we got the same amount of badges!', Jason said proudly, while sitting in the golf cart. 'Ready to go?', Jason asked? 'Yeah!', I said. 'Okay, then you steer.', Jason said. We traded place, and I started driving.

'Where are we heading?', I asked. 'I don't know, let's check tomorrow. Just go South, I'm sure that's the good way.', Jason said.

Jukain
19th June 2003, 05:36 PM
lol @ the Kangaskhan That was great. I'm glad to be of help, I'm really a n00b to this, and I was really unsure if anyone would really like mine because of the prevailing opinion of trainer fics, but someone got me to post it somewhere, and I was reassured. I had a lot of problems, but surprisingly, the other authors there helped me out. I might bring it here, but I'm really embarrassed of what Shiny Marill would think. He's my mentor, my inspiration. The fact that it's a trainer fic alone would make him :rolleyes: at me. That and my first few chapters are short compared to a lot of my other chapters. But if you really want to see it, I'll see what I can do.:D

Karania
19th June 2003, 05:37 PM
yay! Please continue! YOur fic isn't dragging at all! I have two Hoenn stories I'm working on. THere not up here yet. Maybe I'll post them sometime.

DannyBoy
19th June 2003, 06:54 PM
Great chapter. That was a funny battle with Jason and Kangaskhan. Good length and description. Keep it up!

Reborned-Dragon
26th June 2003, 06:37 PM
Awesome job D_C. Don't forget to check out my fic. Other than that, great length and descriptions.

Venasaur89
26th June 2003, 08:08 PM
Nice chapter!!

But when are you gonna update????

Its more than a week since your last chapter!

Dragon_Claw
27th June 2003, 01:03 PM
Chapter 25 - The Positive and Negative

'Where are we?' Brad asked.

'Route 110' Jason replied while driving.

'But why?' Brad asked again.

'Well, we forgot to go to the Dewford Gym, so by Route 110, we can go to Slateport. We can take the boat there to Dewford.' Rachel said.

'Only one problem, we don't have a boat ticket!' Brad yelled impatient.

'Ah don't worry, we'll get one soon. If you watched the anime, you would have known that.' Jason replied proudly.

Brad sighed, and they continued driving.

Route 110 was a long road over the water, filled with grass, Pokémon and trainers. After driving some more, our heroes saw many people standing.

Jason pulled over, and stopped the golf cart. He took the key out, and locket the engine.

'Excuse me.' Brad said while pushing people out of the way, just to see what was happening. Jason and Rachel followed him.

'Plusle, Minun, Thundershock!' a boy with a yellow cape yelled. 2 Pokémon looking like Wattson's Pikachu, but then smaller and with a different tail, face and ears both performed a Thundershock.

'Linoone, Dodge' another trainer yelled at his slim brown and white Pokémon.

'Kadabra, Teleport!', a trainer standing next to the Linoone trainer yelled to it's yellow Psychic Pokémon.

The two Pokémon tried to flee, but Minun and Plusle got them anyway, making Linoone and Kadabra faint.

'Return, both trainers owning the losing Pokémon said, pointing a Ultra Ball and a Great Ball at them, very disappointed.

Both trainers walked over to the boy with the Plusle and Minun, and they handed him some money. 'Anybody else who wishes to fight for money?', the boy said smiling.

Jason and Brad exchanged looks and then Jason brought up his hand. He said: 'We'll take you on for 20 bucks!' Brad and Jason smiled as they handed both 10 dollars to the referee, and the boy handed over 20 dollars.

'My name is Jerry.' the boy said. Jason and Brad introduced themselves, and the battle begon.

Jason pointed his Pokédex at Minun, and Brad his at Plusle.

'Minun, the cheering Pokémon. This Pokémon prefers cheering over battling. Minun isn't good at battling alone, but together they fight very good. Minun has a higher defence then attack.'

'Plusle, the cheering Pokémon. Plusle will always be glad to cheer for their fellow Pokémon, and this gives those Pokémon the strenght to accomplish more. Plusle has a higher attack then defence.'

'This should be good. I choose you, Nuzleaf!' Jason yelled.

'Yeah, there's only one team that can beat them, Jason and I. Therefore I choose, you, Cindaquil!' Brad yelled while throwing his Ember Ball on the floor.

'Nuzleaf, Nature Power!', Jason yelled. The Pokédex spoke: 'Nature Power turned into Swift.' Nuzleaf threw 3 small stars at Plusle.

'Cindaquil, let's play along! Use Swift too!' Brad yelled.

'Minun, Plusle, Agility!' Jerry yelled.

'hahaha, Swift never misses!' Brad laughed, and both electric Pokémon got hit.

'Funny eh? How about this: guys, formation 4-15 D!' Jerry yelled. Plusle and Minun where standing a bit away from eachother. Plusle started running towards Minun, and jumped in Minun's hands. Minun threw Plusle up in the air, and Plusle let loose a ThunderShock just before Minuns feet, and Minun got blasted in the air too. They held eachothers hands, and started spinning. They stopped, and they jumped on Cindaquil's and Nuzleaf's head. The Pokémon fell back, and got shocked.

'Hold on guys!' Brad and Jason both yelled.

'You see, this is why almost nobody can beat me?' Jerry laughed.

'Cindaquil, Flame Thrower!' Brad yelled. 'Nuzleaf, Razor Leaf!' Jason yelled.

Plusle and Minun got hit, and they both fainted.

30 minutes later in the SlattePort Pokécentre:

'That was quite the battle.' Jason said laughing.

'Yeah, you guys really deserved to beat me.' Jerry smiled.

Nurse Joy came back with Plusle's and Minun's Pokéballs. 'Here you go' she said smiling.

'Thanks nurse.' Jerry said. Then all of the sudden, all lights turned off.

‘Making the region of Hoenn unsafe.’

‘From the biggest city to the tiniest cave.’

‘Stealing Pokémon is our occupation.’

‘We steal so much, no time for vacation.'

‘Alex!’

‘Lisa!’

‘Kicked from Team Aqua, what else could we do?.’

‘Join a different team, a destiny change for us two’

'Joined Team Rocket, the best team of all.'

'Unlike Team Aqua, this group aint small!'

'Not you again!', I yelled out of frustration.

'Please turn back the power on, or Pokémon will die.' Nurse Joy pleaded.

'We're not letting them die.' Alex said, sounding offended.

'Unless we don't get all the healthy Pokémon.' Lisa said laughing.

'I can't ask the trainers that!' Nurse joy yelled.

'Then they will die.' Lisa laughed.

'Nurse Joy, save those Pokémon, we'll stop them!' Jason yelled.

'And Minun, Plusle and I will take care of the electricity.' Jerry said.

Jason and Brad got ready to draw their Pokéballs, but then they noticed that their belts where empty.

'What, where did my Pokéballs go?' Jason asked confused. 'Yeah, mine are gone too!' Brad yelled.

'Stay away from my Pokémon!' Rachel yelled. Rachel kicked Aipom and Delibird away from her. She checked her belt and only saw one Pokéball left. Aipom and Delibird got reunited with Lisa and Alex, and they all left.

'Come out, who ever you are!', Rache yelled, throwing her remaining Pokéball on the floor. The Pokéball burst open and revealed Beautifly.

Nurse Joy came running in panic. She said: 'Team Rocket stole the energy switch. We've gathered a couple of electric Pokémon, but it's not enough. A Zigzagoon already died, so please get back the Pokémon and the switch.'

'You and Rachel must get them, I'll stay here.' Jason said to Brad.

'Right!' Brad nodded and Rachel and Brad ran outside. As they got outside they noticed that it became dark.

'Beautifly, go on ahead and lead the way.', Rachel said to Beautifly. Beautifly was flying, and all of a sudden a purple head with two hands flew next to her.

'What's that?', I asked pointing the Pokédex at it. A boy came running next to me. He said: 'Don't check your Pokédex, it'll take up time. It's Haunter, the evolved form of Gastly.'

I took a closer look and recognized him: it was Tyson. He smiled and said: 'Let's get back those Pokémon' and he threw out another ball. A moth like Pokémon appeared. When both Rachel and Brad looked curious he said: 'It's Beautifly's counterpart, it evolves from Wurmple as well.

The three kids ran after Haunter, Dustox and Beautifly, until they reached a truck. They all hid behind a rock. 'You two distract them with your Pokémon.' Brad said.

'But how?' Tyson asked. 'I don't know, maybe a battle or something' Brad said.

Rachel and Tyson stood up, and walked over to Lisa and Alex. Tyson called back Haunter. 'Hey, you guys want a two-on-two battle?' Tyson asked them. 'sure' Alex replied. Tyson gave Brad the thumbs up, the signal he could go.

Brad:

'Complete silence. Nothing more then mere darkness. Maybe I should write poetry.' I thought to myself.

He then saw something shooting across the truck. 'What was it. A Pokémon, a Rocket member?' I thought. An electric flash appeared and I was eye to eye with a strange looking Pokémon.

I studied the Pokémon. It was like a yellow tiger, a sabertooth tiger. He had a skull around his head, a bend tail with a star at the end, and purple curled thingies. 'Is this my chance? I have no Pokémon, but is this the chance every trainer is waiting for. If this would be a legendary, it would be the chance to get into the history books.' Brad thought to himself, clenching an Ultra Ball in his hand palm. 'No...no, for some reason, it just didn't feel right. This Pokémon was helping him, trying to catch him might offend him.' Brad thought again.

The Pokémon moved his head to the left, and it growled: 'Rai'. Brad looked what this Pokémon was pointing at, and he saw a brown bag, full of Pokéballs. He picked it up, and the Pokémon nodded before running off. Amazed he ran out of the truck, and Lisa and Alex stood their, with a knife to the throats of Rachel and Tyson. Obviously Tyson and Rachel lost.

'Hand them over, now!' said Lisa. 'Wow, you guys became much more professional since you got fired from Team Aqua, huh?' Brad said, dropping the bag. Alex bend over the Pokéballs, who where falling out of the bag. Then Grovyle jumped out of his Pokéball, and he kicked Alex in his face, and he fainted and got a nose bleed. his knife fell on the ground, which Rachel picked up. Haunter got out of his Pokéball, and used Hypnosis on Lisa.

'Shouldn't we lay Alex on his chest, so he won't choke?' Rachel asked. 'Yeah, I don't want to get arrested for murder.' Tyson said, turning over the body.

'Maybe I should tell them about the Pokémon...neh, they wouldn't believe me.' I thought to myself.

By the time they got to the Pokémon centre, they gave the switch back to Nurse Joy. They heared a Oddish was on the verge of dying, but that we saved it.

'So, where are you guys going?' Tyson asked Jason, Brad and Rachel.

'Tomorrow we're taking the boat to dewford. And you?' Jason asked.

'I'm going to Dewford as well. Would you mind if I go with you guys, just to the gym that is.' Tyson asked.

'No, ofcourse not!' Rachel said.

10 minutes later they all where in bed, but a certain somebody couldn't sleep. 'Will I ever see that Pokémon again?' Brad asked himself.

DannyBoy
27th June 2003, 01:33 PM
Good Chapter! The battle was ok but a little short. I like Lisa and Alexs part in this. HAd lots of different pokemon mentioned in this. You had good length and some pretty good description in there. Keep it up!

Karania
27th June 2003, 02:49 PM
good chapter, please continue.

Jukain
27th June 2003, 08:30 PM
Cool. I wonder what a Johto legend is doing in Hoenn. This is definitely unlike anything I've seen before.

Dragon_Claw
29th June 2003, 09:19 AM
Chapter 26 - Cruisin' towards victory

Lisa:

'You think we'll be kicked out again?' Alex asked me.

'No, it wasn't our fault. Those losers like Tyler and Yvonne in Johto keep failing all the time, and they're executives.' I replied coldly, staring out the window.

'And besides, the boss will be pleased the plan 'Doxy' turned out to be succesfull. After Mewtwo, Team Rocket might finally have the strongest Pokémon.' Alex said. I think he was trying to convince himself more then me.

'The boss is expecting you guys.' a grunt told us, waving us to follow him. We walked behind him, threw the empty cold rooms. I looked to the right of me. I saw some weird proffessors experimenting with a Loudred. They sent a strike of electricity threw his body, making him fall to the ground. He cried out in pain, uncontrollably. One of the men got out a gun and shot him, first threw the stumic, then threw the heart. Poor Pokémon, how faith can change people.

'Bring the report here.' the boss said. Alex walked over to him and gave the report book.

'Hmmm good, good. So project 'Doxy' is completed, and you managed to teleport a Pokémon over. From where did the Pokémon came?' he asked.

'All the way from Johto.' I replied.

'That's impressive. I guess this Pokémon is more powerfull then Mewtwo. My father Giovanni completely screwed up with him, but our family name will get rid of this Mewtwo smudge thanks to project 'Doxy'. By the way, what Pokémon was it?' He asked.

'Believe it or not, but it was a Raikou.' Alex said proudly.

'Raikou, isn't that a Legendary?' he asked.

'Yes...yes it is...' I replied.

'Very well, for this you should be rewarded with a Pokémon. You may go now...' he said coldly, throwing two Pokémon towards Alex and me. We took the Pokéballs and walked away. I looked at my Pokéball, and it had a sun carved in it. I caught a glimpse of Alex' Pokéball, and it had a Moon on it.

I smiled, thinking about the Pokémon inside of it. Team Rocket may be harsh, but I love the money and the Pokémon rewards...

'Cyndaquil, I choose you!', Brad yelled. He just got up, and already promised Tyson to fight. But something strange happened. When the Pokéball took the form of Cyndaquil, the fire on it's back wasn't blue. At least, it was partly blue. The half was blue, the other half was red.

'Huh? How can this be?' Brad asked himself in disbelief. However, Cyndaquil seemed happy. I quickly ran over to the phone, and I entered Prof. Birch's number.

'Hello? Birch speaking.' prof. Birch said, rubbing his eyes. Brad agreed, it was very early. All of a sudden, a purple Pokémon crawled on Prof. Birch's head. It had a big fase, and two jewel eyes.

'Oh yeah, sorry, forgot to introduce you two. Brad, this is Sableye. I caught it while I was studying Poochyena's a week ago. It's really helpfull, and it was beaten up by some trainers. Now it's my Pokémon.' prof. Birch said.

He then saw Cyndaquil sitting on my shoulder and he said: 'Oh hi Cyndaquil. Shees, you look different. Got a haircut?' he asked.

'No professor. That's the reason I called. When you first gave it, it had a blue flame. But now, it's part blue part red.' Brad said confused.

'Send it over, i'll take a look at it.' prof. Birch said worrying. Brad recalled Cyndaquil, and placed it in the machine next to the phone. Prof. Birch turned it on, and Brad pressed the send button.

'I recieved her.' prof. Birch said. 'Call me in a while, and I'll see if I know what's wrong.' prof. Birch continued, and he then hung up.

Tyson:

I was standing in the ship's battle stadium, yet Brad still wasn't there. I looked over at Jason and Rachel, but they didn't know where he was either, I could tell from their face.Then I saw him rushing to the stage.

'Sorry I'm late, I had to make a very important phone call.' he said. 'let's get this started.'

'Right!' I yelled excited. 'Who should I choose. Mawile was always excited to battle, but perhaps too inexperienced, because Rachel told me Brad was so good. Dustox had good moves, but Haunter was the strongest and most experienced.' I thought to myself.

'For this battle I choose....Haunter!' I yelled, throwing Haunter's Pokéball on the ground. Haunter emerged from his Pokéball, and started making funny faces at Brad.

Brad laughed, but then he looked serious. He clenched a Lure Ball in his right hand, and a Luxury Ball in his left. Obviously he didn't know which one too choose. He then threw the Lure Ball at the ground and yelled: 'Krabby, emerge!'

A small crab emerged from his Lure Ball, snapping with his pincers. 'Krabby?!' Jason yelled amazed. 'You should have gone with Cyndaquil or Bayleaf!' Rachel yelled.

'I know, but Cyndaquil is at Birch's for studies, and I thought I might as well give Krabby more experience.' Brad explained his friends.

'You may change Pokémon you know, I don't mind.' I said. Krabby heard this and didn't like it, and started blowing bubbles at me.

'That's okay, Krabby will try. Won't you Krabby?' Brad asked. Krabby nodded, and looked happy.

'Okay then, Haunter, start off with a Hypnosis!' I yelled at Haunter. Haunted looked Krabby in his eyes, and he started sending sound waves at Krabby. Krabby jumped up, avoiding the Hypnosis.

'Good going Krabby! Bubblebeam!' Brad yelled. Krabby nodded, still in the air, and shot a stream of bubbles. Haunter got hit and was shot back.

'Haunter Lick!' I yelled at Haunter. Haunter threw it's tongue at Krabby, but Krabby jumped on Haunter's tongue. It walked sideways up it's tongue, untill it got to Haunter's face.

'Krabby, pinch it!' Brad yelled. Krabby blew out bubbled of joy, and pinched Haunter in it's lip.

'Haunter, Faint attack!' I yelled. Haunter disappeared before Krabby could pinch it, and Krabby fell on the ground.

'This time we will succeed Haunter, try another Lick!' I yelled again. Haunter threw it's tongue again at Krabby.

'Krabby, catch it!' Brad yelled. Krabby managed to grab Haunter's tongue. 'Now swing Haunter around, and then release it.' Brad yelled.

Krabby did this, and released Haunter. Haunter shot right towards the wall, but Haunter went right threw the wall! It flew back, laughing hystericly.

'Haunter, finish Krabby off with a Shadow Ball! This time he can do it, Brad!' I laughed.

'Oh no, Krabby! Please, use Protect!' Brad yelled, obviousy not knowing if Krabby had learned Protect yet. But before Krabby could even try, it fainted because of Haunter's Shadow Ball.

'Return Krabby!' Brad said disappointed. I recalled Haunter as well. I walked over towards Brad and said: 'Don't be so hard on yourself Brad, last time you beat me. And besides, you didn't use your strongest one.'

'Attention, Attention. The boat arrived in Dewford. If you bought a retour ticket, we're leaving tomorrow from twelve o' clock untill ten o' clock, every half hour.' the captain spoke.

We got off the boat, and we set our tents up, ready to spend the night, and go to the Dewford Gym.

Jukain
29th June 2003, 11:41 AM
That was great. Interesting stuff about the Cyndaquil. I shall await the next one with much anticipation.

Karania
29th June 2003, 12:07 PM
good chapter. Please continue.

Dragon_Claw
29th June 2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Karania

This is what you said last time :confused:

DannyBoy
29th June 2003, 12:13 PM
Good Chapter! I wonder whats going on with Cyndaquil. I hope it is ok. Good length and description. Keep it up!

Karania
29th June 2003, 02:03 PM
That's what I tell every one when I read a story and like it. Even if I said the same thing the time before it.

ralts_mudkip
29th June 2003, 08:21 PM
Hmm... So Cindaquil's flame is part red, part blue. What could it mean?

Dragon_Claw
9th July 2003, 10:41 AM
Chapter 27 - Struggling towards victory

Brad:

I looked at my watch. I saw it was eight thirty: time to make a phone call. I diled the number, and a formiliar face appeared. 'Hello? Birch speaking.' the Prof. Birch said.

'Hello Professor. You told me to call you? About Cindaquil, remember?' I asked him.

'Oh yes...yes indeed. I searched his DNA, and the....' Professor Birch spoke, but he then was interrupted. 'Uh...Professor...Cyndaquil is a she.'

'I'm sorry. I searched her DNA, and I found she's not naturally blue-flamed. She is just an ordinary Cyndaquil.' professor Birch spoke.

'How can that be? I know it's blue! It's always been!' I yelled. 'Relax...please relax Brad. Somebody put it in her vains.' the professor explained.

'But I got her from you! How can that be?' I asked in panic. 'To be completely truthfully, I'm not Cyndaquil's first trainer. Before me, Prof. Oak owned her. And he found her right infront of his door. He was to busy, so he send her to me. I never got her to light her fire, she was ill. Travelling with you has served her well.' prof. Birch explained.

'But what is going to happen now?' I asked confused. 'Well, the blue fire looks cool, I can make it whole again, but the blue fire is making Cyndaquil feel trapped. What do you want me to do?' the prof asked.

'Well, the blue fire is special. But I don't want to hurt Cyndaquil, so get rid of the stuff. When will Cyndaquil be able to battle with me?' I asked. 'That might take a while, so see this as a chance to train other Pokémon.' professor Birch said. We said goodbye, and I hung up.

Jason:

As we sat down and ate, we where wondering where Brad was. 10 minutes later he appeared, he seemed sad.

'Uhhh....I guess I should take the first go against the Gym Leader, huh?' I asked. 'Yeah, okay...' Brad replied. 'Then we'll go to the beach Brad! Wadya think?' Rachel asked Brad. 'Thatsokay' Brad replied. 'Then I'll come with you!' Tyson said. I liked that Tyson for some reason. He reminded me alot of Brad, in a different way.

Tyson and I walked towards the gym. When we got there, Tyson said: 'Wait up!' 'What's the matter Tyson?' I asked him. He pulled of his shoe and let the sand stream out of it. 'Yeah, the gym leader probaply won't like us then!' I said and we both laughed.

'Enter!' a voice said. We looked and saw a blue haired man standing there. Confused I looked around and asked: 'Uh...Where's trainer fan Toby?' 'He's ill...but let's forget that. I am the Gym Leader, Brawly. I fight with my fighting Pokémon. I only have one Pokémon fit here, so it's a one on one battle. That okay with you?' he asked. 'Yeah...sure!' I yelled with excitement.

'Then my pick is Makuhita!' Brawly yelled, throwing a red and white Pokéball on the floor. The ball opened up, and a Makuhita appeared! 'This is good, I had a Makuhita once. Gulpin, I choose you!' Jason yelled, throwing his own Pokéball on the floor. His small green poison Pokémon appeared, smiling.

'Makuhita, Arm Thrust!' Brawly yelled. Makuhita wobbled over to Gulpin, and started punching Gulpin. Gulpin just stood there, watching his own body being wobbled, but nothing happened at all. 'Gulpin, now use Toxic!' Jason yelled confident. Gulpin looked like he was going to throw up, but a purple liquid came oozing out of his mouth. Makuhita got covered in the liquid, and then steam was coming of Makuhita.

'Good going Gulpin! We now have the upper hand!' I yelled at my green little friend. 'This isn't over yet! Makuhita, Vital Throw!' Brawly yelled. The tubby little Pokémon walked over to Gulpin and grabbed the little Pokémon by his arms. He started spinning and then let go of the poison Pokémon. Gulpin went nearer and nearer the walls of the Gym. He got smashed against them, and let out a screech. As Gulpin fell on the ground, he started to shine a beautifull familiar white shine...

Rachel:

I looked at him, while walking down the beach. I heard the Wingulls flying above us. He looked at them with fascination twinkeling in his eyes. He then said: 'I have a Wingull, only it flew away.' I sighed. How could he be so interested in Pokémon, not noticing...me...not at all.

'Why are you so sad?' I then asked him. I don't know why, it just popped out. 'I'm not sad...' Brad siad unsure. 'I know you better then that. We've already been on the road for like what...three months?' I replied. 'Okay then...' Brad sighed. 'It's Cyndaquil...'

After hearing the story I was sad too. Not about Cyndaquil, well, not only about Cyndaquil, but all he cared about where Pokémon. How can he be so childish sometimes... 'Look! Over there! That's a Swablu!' Brad yelled excited. I sighed and looked up. It was a blue ball with a small beak, cotton cloud wings and 2 feathers on it's head. 'I'm going to catch it!' I said, hoping to impress him.

'Go Beautifly!' I yelled, throwing her Pokéball on the sandy landscape. My Beautifly emerged from the ball, and I commanded the attack: 'Stun it with Stun Spore!' Beautifly flew up, and released yellow dust pieces above Swablu. Swablu dodged to the left, so only Swablu's right wing got powdered. But now she couldn't fly anymore. She fell down, and I caught it with my arms. I recalled Beautifly, and called out Skitty. 'Skitty, use your Sing!' I yelled. Skitty started to purr, and Swablu fell asleap. 'Okay Skitty, now Tackle!' I yelled. Skitty ran towards Swablu, and then smashed her head against the Cotton Cloud bird. 'Okay, it's been a while since I got to do this!' I said, clenching my Pokéball. 'Pokéball....go!' I yelled, throwing my Pokéball at the Swablu. The Pokéball hit the Swablu, and the Swablu got turned into red particles. The red beam flew in the Pokéball, and the button turned red. The ball shook once, twice, and the Pokéball beeped, the Pokémon was captured. I picked up the ball and looked at Brad, he was impressed.

Jason:

'Jason, Gulpin evolved in a Swalot!' Tyson yelled from the sidelines. He was right. I looked at the purple giant sludge pile: he was enormous. Then I saw, he also had a big mustage grown. Ewww: the only thing that came to mind. 'Uh-uh, Makuhita, use....' Brawly yelled, but then I interrupted him: 'Swalot, Swallow!' Swalot crawled over to Makuhita, opened his mouth and swallowed Makuhita whole. I could see Swalot's stumic moving. Makuhita was struggling to get out. After the struggling stopped, I commanded Swalot to spit it out: and Swalot obeyed. 'This match is over, and the challenger Jason and his Swalot won!' the referee yelled.

Tyson walked over to me while cheering, and hugging my Swalot. Swalot then tried to swallow me, but luckily I could call him back right in time. Brawly walked over to Tyson and me and said: 'Congratulations, you've won my respect, and my badge.' Brawly handed me his badge, it was a boxing glove. 'It's the Knuckle Badge. I believe I saw you two coming with another boy and a girl. Can I expect some more challengers?' Brawly asked. 'Yes, that boy and I will challenge you.' Tyson replied. 'You do know it will take another week for you to challenge me, because you saw me battle?' Brawly asked. 'Yes, I am aware of that. I wish to stay here and train in the caves.' Tyson replied.

Tyson and I then saw Brad and Rachel sitting on the beach. We told eachother our stories, and then we went back to the hotel.

Jukain
9th July 2003, 11:57 AM
Awww, Cyndaquil isn't special after all. I would've never thought of Skitty purring as Sing. Good job. lol @ Swalot swallowing Makuhita. Good job.

DannyBoy
9th July 2003, 12:14 PM
Good CHapter. Poor CYndaquil, I hope it gets better. That was a good and funny gym battle. I bet Swalot will be a funny pokemon in the story. Good length and description. Keep it up!

Dragon_Claw
9th July 2003, 12:54 PM
Jukain: You're quite wrong about Cyndaquil not being that special anymore. You didn't forget the big question: who made it's fire blue? (that's going to lead into a kinda saga)

IloveX-TINA: Thanks, I'm glad you like this fic. Yeah, Swalot will become a pretty funny Pokémon. I never really liked Gulpin/Swalot, but I try making it as funny as possible

Dragon_Claw
12th July 2003, 11:39 AM
Chapter 28 - Water aint helpin'

Brad:

There we where, walking across the beach. All four of us, walking over the hot sand, towards the Gym. Everybody was saying encouraging things. I honestly felt like a Pokémon Master already. We stood infront of the door. The door then opened, revealing the Gym Leader. This must be the Brawly Jason told me about.

'Welcome, I am Brawly and...' 'I know who you are. Just battle and let's get over it' I replied coldly. I liked this bad@$$ attitude thing. 'Very well, you seem to know what you're doing. Let's get over to the platform then.' Brawly said. Brawly walked me over to the platform, and the rest took a seat.

'Still...my Machop is unable to battle. For that, this again is a 1-1 battle. The battle is faught by the official rules of the pokémon leauge federation.' Brawly said. He sighed. 'I choose you, Hariyama!' Brawly yelled, throwing out his Pokéball. I looked at the sumo wrestling Pokémon. I looked at my Pokéball belt.

'Shouldn't you consult your Pokédex first?' Brawly asked, mocking. 'Nope, no need to. Jason told me your Makuhita was ready to evolve, so just to be sure I studied both Makuhita's and Hariyama's attacks.' I said, laughing. Brawly started to get worried, I could tell by the look on his face. 'Then my choise is Krabby!' I yelled throwing my Lure Ball on the floor. Krabby emerged, ready with his pincers.

'Krabby, Mud Shot!' I yelled. Krabby pushed his pincers in the ground, making sand coming up. Then there was a small hole in the ground. Krabby then started to bubble in it, and then the hole became a puddle of mud. Then Krabby pushed the mud in Hariyama's face. 'Hariyama, Arm Thrust!' Brawly yelled. Hariyama punched Krabby with wide hands two times, making Krabby fall back.

Krabby got smashed hard, but he grabbed with his pincers in the ground, he didn't get smashed back hard. 'Hariyama, Whirlwind!' Brawly's voice sounded. Hariyama started to punch forwards really fast, and a whirlwind was created. The whirwind lifted up Krabby, and Krabby got smashed against the wall three times. 'Krabby, Ice Beam!' I yelled. I gave him this TM card, I bought it yesterday. The Ice Beam got shot out of Krabby's mouth, and the feet of Hariyama froze to the ground. Krabby fell out of the Whirlwind, and landed on his feet.

'Stomp Krabby!' I yelled. Krabby walked sidewards to Hariyama, who was frozen to the ground, and stomped Hariyama on his head. Hariyama fell on his back, and the ice shattered. Hariyama became furious, and grabbed Krabby. He spun around and threw Krabby against the ground. 'Nice Vital Throw' Brawly laughed.

Then all of a sudden two Pokémon broke threw the roof. A sun Pokémon and a Moon Pokémon. Jason and I both used our Pokédex and found out that they where both rock/psychic Pokémon, Solrock and Lunatone. They flew around the room, bashing the furniture and the battle field. Then two people jumped out of the hole in the roof. I could recognize them: They where Alex and Lisa. They where laughing at the trouble they where causing.

'Oh no, what will I do now?' Brawly asked us. 'Get help, Brad and I will take care of them!' Jason yelled. Jason called out Swalot and Kangaskhan. I called out Grovyle, and Krabby went towards me to help me. Swalot then tried to swallow Jason, but Kangaskhan grabbed Jason by his neck and put him in his pouch. Jason climbed out and yelled: 'Why me?!'

'Krabby, Bubblebeam! Grovyle, Leaf Blade!' I yelled. 'Swalot, Sludge Bomb! Kangaskhan, Water Pulse!' Jason yelled. All four Pokémon launched their attacks, and Solrock and Lunatone simply avoided them. 'Too easy!' Alex said laughing. 'Come on, let's finish them off!' Lisa yelled. 'Ex......plosion!' Lisa and Alex yelled at the same time. Solrock and Lunatone started to glow white, and then exploded. All the Pokémon where blown back, except for.......Krabby!

'Krabby used protect to get threw the blast!' Jason yelled excited, recalling both his Pokémon. I recalled Grovyle too. Krabby started to blow bubbles, only this time more then usual. Then Krabby glew white and started to grow bigger. 'This is...a....a Kingler!' Brawly yelled, who just came in. He had a Machamp by his side. 'Machamp, Dynamic Punch!' Brawly yelled. 'Kingler, Guillotine!' I yelled. Both Pokémon used their attacks, and Solrock and Lunatone got bashed against Alex and Lisa, who got knocked out.

'Guys, the police will come in five minutes.' Brawly said, coming off the phone. 'Can I get my rematch tomorrow?' I asked Brawly. 'No.' Brawly said coldly. 'No? Wha... what do you mean no?' I asked him insecure. 'I said no. You don't get a rematch, but you do get the badge. 'Huh? Why?' I asked confused. 'Well...without you this Gym had a good chance of getting destroyed. And with that Kingler, I have no chance of beating you. So just take it.' Brawly explained. I took the badge and said: 'thanks Brawly!'

'It's been nice seeing you again Tyson.' I said. 'Yeah, and I hope to see you again.' Rachel said. 'That would be nice yeah.' Tyson replied. 'And thanks for the advice in my Gym Battle.' Jason said. We all said our goodbyes, and then Jason, Rachel and I got on the boat towards Slateport.

Jukain
12th July 2003, 12:46 PM
lol @ the Swalot and Kangaskhan. Great battle, nothing like an interruption to show the gym leader what you're truly capable of. Until next time.

DannyBoy
12th July 2003, 01:12 PM
That was a great battle. I am so glad Krabby evolved! Kingler is a really cool pokemon. Brawly was cool for giving him the badge after that. Maybe he knew he would lose since Krabby evolved. Swalot still funny along with Kangaskan. Keep it up!

ralts_mudkip
12th July 2003, 01:28 PM
Kangiskan and Swalot are pritty funny. XD
'Guys, the police will come in five minutes.' Brawly said, coming off the phone.
... Some how i don't think that's the end of TR. :rolleyes:

Diamondlance
28th July 2003, 09:00 PM
Great story so far! I'm interested to see what happens next. I'd be glad to be in your fic if you want to use me.
Name: Joe

Sex: Male

Looks: 5'8'', kind of skinny, short spiky brown hair, brown eyes, dark blue hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans

Personality: Uses brains before brawns. A bit quick tempered, but tries to control it. Not very athletic, but super smart.

Pokémon (Nicknames in parentheses): Houndoom (Pyrodoben), Starmie (Neptune), Magneton (Magnet), Crobat (Venobat), Tyranitar (Rexsaur), and Machamp (Fisticuffs)

Experience: Beaten the Elite 4 (Several times over)

Kyogre Owns All
20th August 2003, 03:01 PM
I just read this. Very interesing!
Keep with it!

Karania
20th August 2003, 05:36 PM