PDA

View Full Version : On The Run (Pokémon fanfic)

Dragon_Claw
15th September 2003, 07:33 AM
Hi people, this is me, Dragon_Claw. You may know me from 'Becoming a Hoenn Master'. If you do, you may have noticed I wasn't writing lately. I've been running out of insperation, and this new fic idea just shot in my head. It is a Pokémon fic, but not a simple 'wanting to become a master' fanfic. I hope you will at least read the first chapter, and then decide if you will continue reading. Have fun!

Chapter one: No accidents

Hi, I'm Koji Sakira, and I'm thirteen years old. I don't have a Pokémon of my own yet, but my dad said I'll get one sooner or later. I wish I could say I had super natural powers, a super rare Pokémon, or this desire to furfill my quest, but unfortunately that would be lying. I'm just another kid, just wanting to own a Pokémon.

It was a normal day, a little sunnier then the average day. As I looked out the window, I noticed the sun was shining bright. I was currently sitting in my classroom, looking around I saw all my classmates. Nobody was ill, and that was strange, because one kid, Ricky, had a serious disease. The teacher then said: 'Okay class, now we'll watch the presentation of the Ampharos. I looked around the class, who was going to give it, but they all looked at me. I panicked, thinking to myself: 'Oh no, I forgot to make one!' But when I looked down, I saw a presentation lying on my desk. I picked it up, and walked to the chalk board. I hung up the picture, and started talking about the Ampharos. 'The Ampharos was always concidered a dragon, tough it is pure electric. When fighting a Ampharos, people often would use Pokémon such as Walrein, because as we all know Ice is effective against dragons. But it didn't help to win the fight, because Ampharos easily beat them with electric attacks. This is why Amparos is one of my favorite types.' I tried to go on, but suddenly the class was filled with laughter. I really panicked this time. Stumbling, I tried to ask what was so funny. 'What...is...' I managed to bring out. But then suddenly, a chill went back my spine. I looked down, and noticed....my clothes where gone!

With sweat on my forehead, I sat in the bed. 'Thank goodness, it was just a dream', I tought to myself. As I stepped out of bed, I dropped the boxershort I slept in. I got a clean one out of my dresser. I grabbed a blue pants, a red vest and a white T-shirt. Nope, fashion just wasn't my thing. I walked to the mirror, and put some gel in my black hair. I grabbed my bag that contained my lunch and books and walked downstairs.

I got down, and threw my bag next to the stairs. I walked over to the living room, where my parents where sitting. 'Hi honey!' my mom said. I replied with a simple 'hi' and started breakfast. 'I've got to go', I told my parents before walking off. I grabbed my bag, put my lunch in it and walked off.

'Hey! Over here!' my friends yelled, after I reached the school yard. I walked over to a group of people, and in the middle I saw Ricky standing with a small green spider on his head. 'Ricky, a spider! I'll get it!', I yelled after swinging my bag at it. It fell of Rickey's head, and a red and white ball fell out of Ricky's hand. The spider tapped its tiny horn on a button, and disappeared in a bright red flash.

Ricky started crying, and ran off. All the other people looked at me, like they could shoot me. I heard comments like 'smart move brainiac!' or 'Just a thing for him to do'. Everybody walked away, exept Carl, my best friend. He said: 'He just got his first Pokémon, because he had been so ill.' I felt my face turning red. I felt really guilty.

All his life, Ricky had bad luck. His little sister didn't make her birth, he had some kind of disease, and wasn't the best athlete. And now he finally found something to be happy about, and I ruďned it. 'Ah, probaply the Spinarak would poison him eventually', Carl said, making me laugh. 'Yeah...probaply so.' I replied.

After one period of detention, I was finally allowed to go home. 'I did him a favor, removing that wig. It looked like some cat puked over him', I tought to myself. I walked off the schoolyard, and noticed two men standing. They where probaply like thirty years old, and a bit scary looking as well. 'Good thing I don't have to walk past them.', I mumbled to myself. As I walked, I had this weird feeling. I looked behind me, and noticed those creeps where following me. I kept walking, but just increasing my speed a bit more then before. I kept doing that, and before I noticed I was running. Running as fast as a could. But something tripped me, and I felt my face hitting the ground. I looked up, and saw a Granbull and a Ursaring standing before me. I saw those creepy men caught up on me, and they where smiling. One was small and tubby, the other one was long and skinny. The fat one said: 'Take it away, guys!', and before I knew what happend, the Granbull hit me in the guts. The Ursaring tried to step on my face, but I rolled to the left. Then the Ursaring started charging up on a Hyper Beam, and I stood up, trying to run away, but the Granbull punched me on the chest. While I was gasping for air, the Ursaring kept on charging and charging. I tought to myself: 'This is the end, this is really the end.' But then I heard a ringtone, and the thin guy answered.

'Yeah boss, yeah we have him right here. What?! Abandon mission?! You can't be friggin serious! What? Yeah ofcourse I intend to keep my job. Okay, we'll be on our way!', the thin guy said. They ordered their Pokémon to go with them, and they walked off. The Ursaring took a slash at my face, leaving me with scratches on my cheek. I tried standing up, but my body couldn't. I just crawled and crawled, untill I got to a house. A old women picked me up, and lifted me into her car. 'Where do you live?', she asked me. I told her where I lived, and she drove me there. When we entered the street, I couldn't believe what I saw. There where flashing lights everywhere, filling up the entire block. We continued driving, and stopped at our house.

'Wait here, I'll ask what's the matter.', the old lady said, stepping out of the care. I then opened my window, to hear the conversation. 'Who are you?', the police officer asked. 'I took the kid who lives here to his house, he looks pretty bad', the lady said, pointing at me. 'Excuse me miss', the police officer said as he walked towards me.

'Hi there, Koji is your name right? Okay. I dont like telling you this, but unfortunately there has been an accident. Well not really an accident. Just a while ago two cars came driving by your house. The drivers had machine guns with them, and ambushed your house. Unfortunately, your parents both got killed.', the police man told me. I didn't know what I was hearing, I got confused and dizzy, the whole world was spinning around me. I started to cry and shout, no matter how many people where there. This where my parents, spots nobody in the world could replace. Then I felt a hand on my shoulders. Threw teary eyes I looked back and saw a man standing. He was very tall and had a tan. 'Koji Sakira, we need to talk...', he said.

[attachment deleted by admin]

DannyBoy
15th September 2003, 02:56 PM
Ok, so far this seems really good. I like that it isn't like a normal trainer fic. But lately I have been noticing lots of fics now with schools and stuff about pokemon and its starting to get a little boring. Spelling was ok, it only had a few mistakes but nothing major. Length was ok since its a start and I know you write good lengthy chapters so im not going to say a lot about that. So far this seems intresting with someone after Kojo and they killed his parents so now I am wondering if he is going to go find the person who did it. I will keep reading this cause I like your writing style so keep it up!

Dragon_Claw
16th September 2003, 11:01 AM
IloveX-TINA: Thanks, altough I was hoping other people would replie as well :( Well thanks, and I'll be trying to make this one less filler-less then my others fics

On the bottom you'll find two pictures. To know who they are, you have to read this chapter. Also, this story takes place in a self-made land, so I'll try to get a map up soon. If you read this, please reply :P

Chapter Two - Nearing with one step

'Hello Koji, my name is Mr. Brown. I understand your parents got murdered and you got beaten up.' Mr. Brown said. 'Maybe choosing your words more carefull would be nice, you're saying it kinda harsh', I replied. 'I am sorry, but I am just stating facts. You have to listen carefull now. What I am going to say, will never be said again out of our, how shall I say it...'organisation'. That your parents got killed, and you got beaten up, wasn't just an accident. It was planned. It seems somebody is after your family. You will have to go with me to our secret hide-out, we can sort things out there. And tell nobody about this conversation.' Mr. Brown said, handing me a card and then walking off.

I looked at the card. It had an adress on it. Then I felt something on my shoulder. I looked up and saw a police officer. 'Don't be so nervous. I understand that they where your parents. Do you have any relatives above 18 you can stay with, or else we will have to send you to a foster family', he said. I tought about what that 'Mr. Brown' said. 'What have I got to lose?' I tought to myself. I tought about my brother, already traveling for three years, without contacting his family. 'Yeah, I have a big brother where I can stay with', I replied. 'Jake, look him up. Last name Sakira!', the police officer yelled to a co-worker. 'Yep, he's real, and nineteen years old', the other officer replied. 'Okay guys, pack it up', one officer yelled, and within a minute they where gone.

I went upstairs in my house. It never looked so empty or cold. Bullet holes where in the wall, the television was shot broken, and there where blood staines on the wall. Tears fell from my eyes, on my cheeks, and finally on the ground. I felt alone, so I ran to the place making me feel safe the most: my bedroom. I dropped myself on my bed. I grabbed my pillow firmly and clenched my fist, so hard that they hurt.

I looked on my clock. 'How long have I been sleeping?', I tought to myself. I saw that it was ten O'clock; that meant I slept for about five hours. I went down to get some food, but I couldn't find anything. I felt weak, so I couldn't bother to prepare something myself. I put my hands in my pocket, I really wanted to die that moment...but then I felt something in my pocket. I got it out, and saw it was the card that Mr. Brown gave me. I locked the door, and hung the key on my keycord. I grabbed my bike, and rode away. After ten minutes, a finally got to the right building. I threw my bike on the ground, and walked to the front door. I noticed the door was slightly open, so I pushed it further. It was empty, or so I tought. After I took one step in, I got pushed on the ground. One person grabbed my arm, and twisted them on my back, so I couldn't move them. Then I felt something being pushed in my arm. I looked, and saw another man with an needle. He pulled the needle out of my arm, and immediately I felt rather drowzy. They dragged me into the building, and then everything went black.

I woke up again, but everything was still rather vague. 'I knew you'd come visit me.' I heard it was Mr. Brown....again! 'I want you to have this', he said placing a brown box on the bed I was laying on. He opened it and I saw three items placed in it. One of the items was a key, the other one was a red and white ball, the same one as Ricky had today. 'This is the key we had to give you, or at least that said so in your fathers will. We searched to what lock it belonged, and it fits in two things: One is some sort of safe, and one is a locker on school. We ofcourse believe it belongs to the safe, and we need to open it. You will recieve trainings, and then after a long while, we will send you to retrieve the item that may be in there. Your father said it is extremely powerfull, so we believe they may have killed your parents because they wanted the key', Mr. Brown said. The other one, contains a Pokémon, we cross-bred a few Pokémon, and managed to come with this result', he continued. He pressed the button and a squirrel Pokémon came out. 'Meet Squirl, the squirrel Pokémon. This pokémon has Rattata body and head, a Vulpix tail and Linoone ears. It is a Pokémon of the Normal type, because Normal types have a great move pool available. Get some rest now, because we will start training immediately tomorrow', he said. 'Should we notify the Gym Leaders, they are powerfull and could help', I asked him. 'No, this is too risky, even for them.' And with that, Mr. Brown appeared out of sight.

I looked at the clock hanging above the door. It was one in the morning. I looked around and saw how small this room was. I looked at the desk, and saw my clothes hanging, everything I currently posessed, except for my boxershort then. Ofcourse I was wearing that. I thought about all my upcoming training, and decided I should make a run for it. 'But how?', I tought to myself. I took another look around room, and I walked over to the table. I picked up the Pokéball, and pressed the button. Squirl appeared and squeeked playfully. 'I know we don't know eachother, but you where bred this way to help me. Well, this is your first mission. You have to climb up using the rain pipe out the window, and then you need to steal my files, and bring em to me', I told Squirl. Squirl nodded and ran out the window.

I was getting dressed while waiting there, and after five minutes, Squirl finally came back, with this big file in his mouth. I paged threw it, and came across a cd disc. Something was written on the cover. I took a look at it, and it said 'Important'. I put it in my pocket, and the rest I threw out the window. I got my stuff together, and I looked out the window. Squirl was sitting on my shoulder. 'Go ahead, I'll meet you there', I said to Squirl, who climbed down using the drain pipe. After Squirl got down, I tried using the rain pipe as well. I was halfway, but then I heard something disturbing. I noticed the screws started falling out. As I panicked, I looked around. I could see nothing besides a Gligar. 'Maybe I can use that Pokémon to my advantage...', I tought to myself. As the Gligar neared, I jumped away from the wall, grapping one of the feet of the gligar. The Gligar kept nearing the ground, but because of it's ability to fly, it went slower then falling. About three meters above the ground I let go, and the Gligar and I both crashed. Squirl looked curious as I lay on the ground. I recalled the squirrel Pokémon, and looked at the purple Pokémon. Tongue out of it's mouth, purple coloured and blue wings. However, strangely enough the tongue was not red or pink, it was blue. I knew I would most probapely not have another chance like this in my entire life, but I had no Pokéballs. So I was forced to walk away.

The streets where empty, dark and cold, and I came across all shops with beautyfull things. I knew I shouldn't, but this quest stood above the law. I released Squirl from his Pokéball, and instructed him to go in and steal a bagpack and a Pokénav. I smashed the glass window, making my hand leak with blood. Squirl got in, and got out with a bagpack. 'Where is the Pokénav?!', I asked angrily. That startled Squirl, but Squirl opened the bagpack, and inside where a beautyfull platinum Pokénav and a cool hat. 'Thanks!', I said to Squirl.

Mr. Brown:

'Are you dressed already?', I asked Koji while standing next to his door. No response. This time I asked louder, and knocked again. 'Guess he's still sleeping then', I sighed. I opened the door, and to my surprise the room was gone. I then ran out the room, to the main corridor and pressed the emergency button. about ten people gathered. 'The two on the left, you will check the security videos from room Red 142. The two on the left will check the building. The people left over, you will go outside and check the surrounding area. I walked back to room Red 142, trying to look for some clues. I walked around, and saw something lying on the floor. I bend down and picked it up. It where fine small brown hairs. 'Squirl!', I yelled excited. I looked out the window, and saw some papers lying on the grass, and some papers in the bushes. I saw the name 'Koji Sakira' on it. I searched desperately for a floppy disk. It contained information on it, nobody but the team officials where supposed to know that. 'You search for a floppy disc in that pile of papers, and clean them up neatly', I yelled to a passing team member. 'At least people have respect for me here', I sighed.

And somewhere elsewhere, a certain person stood infront of a sign saying: 'Now entering Giesbeek, and leaving Lathum.' 'Let's get ready!', Koji spoke to his Pokéball.

Latios Latias O
16th September 2003, 03:48 PM
EXCELLENT STORY!!!! And I love Squirl... Don't be suprised if Nintendo uses something like that... Wow that was really good... Keep going I can't wait to read the rest...

Dragon_Claw
18th September 2003, 10:44 AM
Latios Latios O: Wow a new reader lol. Yeah I like Squirl too, and actually Dragonfree made the sprite, as requested in her thread. Squirl's personality will grow greatly in my fic, just watch

I finally finished the map. Let me explain what all the pictures mean. Blue spots are villages, towns or cities without a Pokémon Gym, the red ones are with one. There are five Gyms, as well as some unofficial, but I didn't show those on there. The yellow lines are the one that have to be followed. Trees indicate forests, brown triangles mountains, blue water, half a circle with a black spot means that is a cave, and the green spot means that there is a meadow. The big red one is the place where the Pokémon Leauge is. The second blue spot on the left is where Koji currently is.

I don't have a name for the country yet, so I'm going to have a little contest. If you know a original and interesting name for the country, I will make you shine in my fic. Just PM me up to two names, and I will announce the winner after a while.

And now, a small preview:

"Name: Koji Sakira. Age: 13. Gender: male. Koji is currently wanted by 'Devastation Inc.' a team created by the three most wanted men on earth: ***, *** and ***, all brothers. They are after Koji because he has a key, used to open a highly secured safe, which may contain the most dangerous item of the century." the computer screen said. I gasped and tought to myself: "If Devastation Inc. are the bad guys, and I am the good guys, what is Mr. Brown's team?" I clicked the floppy out of the computer and left the Pokémon Centre.

Mew Trainer Rose
18th September 2003, 11:04 AM
Ooo, cool. I love this, it already looks like he has to keep out of sight of at least two different secret organizations of somewhat unknown origins. hard to stay out of sight when you don't know where they'll be. :) Nice job!

Dragon_Claw
19th September 2003, 04:50 PM
Mew Trainer Rose: Yeah, I wanted a fic that's not about somebody getting badges and joining the leauges, but I wanted to show off my newly created land, so this was all I could imagine lol

Chapter Three - A close encounter

"What's that? Rain? But my face....it's dry..." I tought to myself after waking up. I looked around and saw a Growlithe standing, with a leg raised. "Come on Growly!" a feminine voice said, making the Growlithe go away. "Argh, this running away thing isn't really hygiënic" I complained. "But first to get to a Pokémon Centre and clean up" I said, trying to give myself some spirit again.

"Hello! I'm Nurse Joy. Welcome to the Giesbeek Pokémon Centre. Can I help you?" the pink haired nurse asked me. "Yeah, I could use a room for about half a day. "Okay, do you have any kind of identification?" Joy asked. "Identifi...cation?" I gulped. "Yes, you know like papers, Pokédex, trainer card?" she replied. I then got a little folded paper out of my pocket. I unfolded it and looked at it. It had a picture of me with my name, birthdate and more information about me. I handed it in, and she entered the information in her computer. "Thank you, here are the keys to room 20, you can check out tomorrow or sooner." and with that, I went off.

Mr. Brown:

"Sir, we just got the security tapes ready! We need to have you there!" a member of the team said. "Fine, I'll come with you..." I said smirking. "Koji, you can't get away!" I tought to myself. After a while when I got to the camera room, a few members where waiting on me. "Sir, here it is" one member said and started playing the tape. I saw Koji getting up, getting dressed, and Squirl giving the files, and then they ran off. "So, we know Squirl helped him." I spoke out loud. I grabbed my cell phone, and dialed the number of the lab that created Squirl. "Squirl is obeying too good, is there anything we can do?" I asked one of the scientists on the line. "Yes...yes...we tought this might happen. We installed a chip in Squirl's head, in cases like this. With our device right here, we can activate the chip, blowing up Squirl." the scientist replied. "Use it...now!" I ordered. "Im sorry, but we will have to be in a range of 10 meters or less to activate the chip." the scientist pleaded. "Useless, I want you to give the device to somebody who can track him!" I yelled angry. "How can a single boy outsmart a special team?! I'm so furious!" I yelled, smashing my hand against the wall. Blood started to dripp from his hand...

Koji:

"Go Squirl!" I said, pressing the Pokéball button. Squirl appeared in a white flash, and started climbing around in the curtains. I chuckled a few times and walked over to the washing machine. I put my shirt and pants in it, and turned it on. I then logged on the computer. First I decided to check my E-mail box. I then noticed I had a lot of E-mails from 'The Pokémasters.net'. It was about this super cool fic about some guy running off with a brown Pokémon or something. Like that would ever happen in real life. I then remembered the floppy disk. Good thing I remembered to empty my pockets before washing my pants. I took the floppy and inserted it in the computer. "Squirl, I'm going to take a shower! Don't dare touching the computer!" I yelled as I went underneath the shower. When I got back, and walked to the computer, a message was standing there. I sat down and started reading. "Name: Koji Sakira. Age: 13. Gender: male. Koji is currently wanted by 'Devastation Inc.' a team created by the three most wanted men on earth: Giovanni, Archie and Maxie, all brothers. They are after Koji because he has a key, used to open a highly secured safe, which may contain the most dangerous item of the century." the computer screen said. I gasped and tought to myself: "If Devastation Inc. are the bad guys, and I am the good guys, what is Mr. Brown's team?" I clicked the floppy out of the computer and left the Pokémon Centre. But first I gave the key back ofcourse. I walked outside with Squirl on my shoulder. Then a young boy about the age of ten walked straight towards me. "I hope he isn't a member of Devestation Inc and is here to beat me up..." I tought to myself. He said: "You look tough mister! Want to have a Pokémon Battle? Do ya, well....do ya?" "A Pokémon battle? Well...I dunno" I replied. "Please, I need to train my Pokémon!" he begged. "okay then, but this is my first battle! Squirl, do your best." I said putting Squirl on the ground. "Then this is it, the chance to prove you're the best of all Pokémon. Nobody can beat you, since I raised you myself. Let's beat this guy and..." he said, but I interrupted him. "Excuse me, but is this taking a long time?" I asked him annoyed. "Oh sorry. Go....Killer!" he yelled. I got scared and expected a Pokémon with big teeth, ten horns and big wings, but instead a small yellow caterpillar came out. He had a stinger on his head, and a very small on on his behind...but that was it. "Uh...killer?" I asked the boy. "Yeah, doesn't it look cool?" He said proudly. "I guess then." I said. But then it hit me, I never fought with Squirl, and because I didn't have a Pokédex, I knew no attacks! "Start off with a...use a...Tackle or something!" I commanded Squirl. Squirl ran at Killer, and smashed him back with his head. "Killer, Poison Sting!" the boy yelled. Killer cried out: "Weedle Weedle!" and then fired many little white points. "Use your uh....Quick Attack?" I asked Squirl. Squirl nodded and dodged the points, and smashed Killer into a tree. "Killer now use a...oh...he fainted" he yelled disappointed. he recalled Killer and walked off, disappointed. "Don't worry...he'll get over it" I reassured Squirl. "er...eventually...I hope" I smiled. I petted Squirl over his head and Squirl climbed back on my shoulder. I saw one men in costume walking towards me. About five metres away from me he stopped and grabbed something from his pocket. I noticed it was a knife. It was the skinny man that beat me up before. "So...we meet again Mr. Sakira" he laughed. "Don't think you can even lay a hand on me. I'm too fast for you" I said smirking. "So you're saying you are going to run away?" he asked laughing. And with a grin I replied: "Atleast it's better then to get killed." He took another two steps towards me, but instead of running I punched him on his nose. "Ouch, you minger! My bloody nose, I think it's broken!" he yelled angry. He then swiped at me with his knife, but before I knew it Squirl jumped in his face. Squirl started scratching and biting, and when Squirl jumped off his face, back on my shoulder, the face of the guy was seen. He has scratched and flesh wounds. It looked gross, and I decided to make a run for it. I looked at my Pokénav, to see where we should go next. I had to go right, to go to Boomville, the city of trees. I ran that way, and didn't look back.

About half an hour later I stopped, and sat down on an park bench. "If you keep resting so long, you may fall asleep and never wake up!" somebody said. I looked back, and saw a guy walking in the bushes. "Really, it happened to a friend of me. He never woke up and he told me that!" he said, trying to convince me. I started laughing, and this only triggered him to talk more nonsence. "Did you know I used to be a Pokémon Master one day?" he continued. "Yeah really, and I owned a Dragonite and a Mew and Lugia and even Ho-oh but then they left me because I cheated on them with Jennifer Lopez. But then she discovered about my Pokémon and she left me to go live with them, and now I'm all alone." "I bet you do sir" I said, laughing. "I want you to enjoy of my glory as well laddie! Here, take this and catch your own Dragonite!" he said after handing me a simple Pokéball. "Did you know I also used to have Mewtwo? But he went off on his mission to destroy the careers of important stars. See what he did to Britney Spears? That was him!" he yelled. This guy was as drunk as possible. He was funny, even tough his breath stunk worse then a Muk's 'Poison Gas'.

Latios Latias O
19th September 2003, 08:51 PM
Damn... This gets more and more interesting everytime I read it... I love it... I hope that Squirl evolves... I can't wait to see its evolution... LoL... Consider me a fan of Mudkip's Dragon Claw... LoL...

Dragon_Claw
20th September 2003, 09:12 AM
Latios Latias O: Yeah, and it gets even more interesting, just continue reading lol. And is it me, or did all the readers disappear (even tough their where only 3)

Spoilers!

-Koji meats up with a very interesting person!-
"No! I dont break no rules! Don't ban me! I no spam!" the boy yelled as he and his Furret got kicked out of the Internet Café. He sat down and started crying.

-And Koji comes eye to eye with a wild Pokémon-
As we walked threw the forest, I heard some rumbling in the trees above. I looked up, and got hit by something hard. I got back up, and looked in the eyes of a very sore looking Pokémon.

And more chapters to come, so behave!

Venasaur89
20th September 2003, 12:25 PM
Great story! So did you actually quitted Journey through Hoenn?
Thats sad, it was pretty good.

Anyways, I read the first chapter, and, it was good, but short-lengthed, several typo errors, and a small amount of grammer mistakes.

I will read the next chapter when I will have time to.

Keep it up!:)

Latios Latias O
20th September 2003, 03:05 PM
Yea please hurry with the next chapter... Iz madd good... Cant wait for the next one to come out...

Dragon_Claw
30th September 2003, 10:42 AM
Quick notes: I'm sorry for not updating for such a long time, school is really taking hold of my personal life. I'm ill right now, so I am glad I was able to write this.

Also, this chapter makes fun of a certain Autistic person we all know. Don't take the comments in this fic personal, they're just meant to be funny. :wave:

Chapter Four - The first capture

Koji walked on the road, heading for Boomville (pronounced bowmville, not boom), accompanied by his faithfull Pokémon, Squirl. Squirl was eating a Black Apricorn, which they found on the ground. The apricorn was kind of heavy, so Koji helped Squirl with holding it. They both smiled. But they where rudely interupted by a noise made not so far ahead. They heard a male voice screaming, so Koji and Squirl ran towards the noise.

"No! I dont break no rules! Don't ban me! I no spam!" the boy yelled as he and his Furret got kicked out of the Internet Café. He sat down and started crying. Koji walked towards him, and asked him if he was alright. Squirl did the same with Furret. "Thanking you you're best friend! come and travel!" the boy yelled excited. "Uhm...what's your name?" Koji asked him, startled by him. "I'm Bjarni. How are you?" he asked Koji. "I'm er...fine?" he replied carefully. "Yes but what's name?" Bjarni asked excited. "Koji Sakira." Koji simply said. "Koji my best friend. Will always travel together!" Bjarni yelled out loud. "But I think you're kind of...wel...annoying." Koji said scared. "No! No ban me! Just for me please!" he yelled with watery eyes. "Okay okay, you can come!" Koji quickly said. Just a second later, Bjarni was smiling again. Squirl looked at Furret questioning, but Furret replied with a sigh.

"Koji and Bjarni friends! Never seperated! Furret and small brown thingy friend too!" Bjarni sang. Koji sighed, and Squirl looked at him with a desperate look. "I'm sorry" Koji apologised to Squirl. "I know let's battle!" Bjarni cried out all of a sudden. "If you promise to shut up." Koji whispered under his breath. "Uh okay. Sure." Koji said.

"I choosing you Furret!" Bjarni yelled as he grabbed Furret from the ground and threw him towards Koji's legs. Furret made a belly slide. Koji kinda felt sorry for the little ferret. "Squirl, win, but go easy on Furret. I think he has been hurt enough." Koji said and smiled. Squirl ran to the arena, facing Furret. "Start off with a Quick Attack, Squirl!" Koji yelled. "Furret Hyper Beam!" Bjarni yelled excited. Squirl managed to dodge it, but the tip of Squirl's tail got scorched. "Hyper Beam! Hyper Beam! Hyper Beam! Thunder Wave! Hyper Beam!" Bjarni yelled excited. The poor Furret, Koji almost felt bad for it, but not as bad as for squirl. Squirl managed to dodge them all. But then the Furret ran towards Squirl and paralyzed him. Furret ran back to Bjarni. Koji thought it was trying to say it was tired, but Bjarni was too busy to notice. "Squirl, bite!" Koji yelled. Squirl ran towards Furret, and bit him in the tail. Furret was running around, trying to throw Squirl off. "Squirl, don't let go! This hurts him more then it hurts you!" Koji yelled. "No! No! Don't hurt Furret. I have autism!" Bjarni yelled! On that moment Furret managed to get Squirl off, and Squirl flew through the air. "Tackle!" Koji yelled while Squirl was in the air. Squirl put his energy in his head, and landed with his head on Furret's back. Furret's eyes started spinning, and soon after that Furret fainted.

"Yeah Squirl, we won!" Koji yelled, filled with excitement. "No, Furret! You can do it!" Bjarni yelled. And with that, he threw the Furret against Koji's head. "Should I take him with me? That would crush Bjarni's feelings...if he has them." Koji thought to himself. Bjarni ran towards Koji, and kicked him against the leg. He picked up Furret, and then apologised. "I'm sorry, I have autism! Don't ban me! Only for me! Please!" he said. Koji sighed and thought: "This is going to be a long journey!"

"You being a Pokémon master?" Bjarni asked. "No, I'm sorry but I can't tell you what I'm going to do." Koji replied. "Okay then you draw me a baby Golem?" Bjarni asked with a big smile. "Baby Golem?" Koji asked confused. "Yeah not Geodude but baby Golem!" Bjarni said. "Uhm...whatever!" Koji said. As they walked threw the forest, Koji heard some rumbling in the trees above. Koji looked up, and got hit by something hard. Koji got back up, and looked in the eyes of a very sore looking Pokémon. A strange looking Pokémon with a big head stood infront of them. "That's a Bellsprout!" Koji yelled excited, as he recognized him. "Bell...Sprout!" the Bellsprout yelled, as he jumped towards the young trainers.

"Squirl, attack!" Koji yelled as Squirl jumped off of his shoulders. "You helping too Furret!" Bjarni yelled, as Furret jumped out of his Pokéball. Bellsprout moved his two leaves, and two Razor Leaves where fired: one at Furret, and one at Squirl. Still weak from the fight before, they both got hit. They where both tired, but Bellsprout was bursting with energy. He now used Vine Whip at Furret, but Furret disappeared. "Good Agility!" Bjarni cheered. Bellsprout ran at Furret, and used another Vine Whip. This time Furret got hit straight on, and Furret fell back. Bjarni ran at Bellsprout and kicked Bellsprout against a tree. Bellsprout hit the tree really hard, and got steaming mad. He ran at Bjarni, jumped over his head, and fired a Vine Whip at Bjarni. The vine hit Bjarni's ankles, and Bjarni fell on the ground. Then Bellsprout fired two Razor Leaves that took care of Bjarni's ugly cap.

Bellsprout turned around and looked at me, with great anger. Bellsprout ran right at me, but got bashed away by Squirl. Squirl was ready to battle Bellsprout again. Bellsprout fired two Razor Leaves at Squirl, but amazingly enough Squirl used Agility! Bellsprout was really amazed, and Squirl did a Quick Attack on Bellsprout. Bellsprout got bashed against Furret, which was still on the ground. "Poor Furret." Koji said. Bellsprout and Furret both got up, and Furret Mega Kicked Bellsprout towards Squirl, who bit Bellsprout in his right leaf. Bellsprout tried getting up, but was very weak. And as a last attempt to escape, he spread a Poison Powder around the area. Everybody got hit, including Bellsprout himself.

"This is my chance!" Koji yelled excited. "I was supposed to use this Pokeball to capture Mewtwo, but Bellsprout will do aswell." And with that, Koji tossed his only empty Pokéball at the Grass/Poison type Pokémon. Bellsprout got sucked in, and the ball started shaking. Out of excitement everybody held their breath in, or it could be because of the Poison Powder ofcourse. Whatever it was, it seemed to have helped, because the Bellsprout has no chance of escaping. Koji walked to the Pokéball and picked it up. Bjarni yelled: "No! Wait! I want it! I weakened it! I have autism!" but Koji just ignored him. "That has nothing to do with autism." Koji said, as he put the Pokéball in his pocket, and picked Squirl up. He walked towards Furret, and picked Furret up as well. Koji then walked off.

"Excuse me miss, but can you heal my Pokémon?" Koji said to Nurse Joy. "Ofcourse!" she smiled. Koji handed over Furret, Squirl and Bellsprout's Pokéball. "The Furret isn't mine, is that a problem?" Koji asked. "No, not at all. You can release it back in the wild if you want." Joy replied. After done healing, Nurse Joy gave back the two normal types and the Pokéball.

Koji put Squirl on his head, and Bellsprout's Pokéball back in his pocket. He held Furret in his arms. As they got out, Koji put Furret on the ground. While Koji did this, he saw Furret had a scar on his right paw. Koji felt sorry for him, and said goodbye. Furret scampered off. Koji grabbed Bellsprout's Pokéball, and pressed the button. A white flash appeared and Bellsprout stood infront of them. Bellsprout looked around confused, and Squirl jumped off Koji's head. Squirl tried shaking Bellsprout's hand. Erm...leaf. But Bellsprout just smacked Squirl's hand away. Squirl got angry and pushed Bellsprout back. The two Pokémon belonging to Koji got in a fight, and Koji quickly recalled Bellsprout. "I hope you'll get along soon." Koji said to Squirl. Squirl crossed his arms and quickly turned the other way. Koji sighed.

"Furret! Furret! Furret!" a still poisoned Bjarni yelled. Tears where running down his face. A certain little Furret was looking at the desperate trainer, and walked up to him. "It's making me feel bad." Furret thought to himself, as he walked closer. "Furret! You me friends! Let's find Koji and little brown thingy!" Bjarni yelled happy again. "But not bad enough!" Furret tought. He did a sand attack in Bjarni's eyes, and ran away. "He shall never hurt a Pokémon again! I'll make sure of it!" Furret thought to himself as he ran off.

Mew Trainer Rose
30th September 2003, 10:53 AM
lol I've heard of the autistic guy.
I feel really bad for the Furret, good thing it ran away. :)

Togetic
30th September 2003, 03:26 PM
LoL Cool... I liked that... Good for furret... Perfect example of my Sig...

Dragon_Claw
10th October 2003, 01:19 PM
* Note, Lorentz is the land the story is taking place in.

Chapter five – The first gym

Koji stood before a giant sign, saying ‘Welcome to Boomville.’ He walked in, with Squirl on his shoulder.

“Well, this is it. Do you think the Gym Leader will believe us?” Koji asked Squirl. Squirl nodded happily, giving Koji new hope. “Do you need to go to the Pokémon Centre first?” Koji asked concerned. Squirl shook his head, and hid underneath Koji’s cap.

Standing before the Gym of Boomville, Koji breathed in and out. A tad nervous, Koji pushed the doors open and took his first step inside a Gym, ever. Before him, he saw many trainers with their Pokémon training. He saw pink balls, pink fairy-like creatures and other pink Pokémon.

“Must be a girl Gym.” Koji thought to himself. “Where is the Gym Leader?” Koji yelled out loud.

The trainers looked at Koji’s direction, making him blush. A few girls started giggling, and boys looked angry at him.

A girl trainer walked over to Koji, and said: “You can’t just walk in here and ask for the Gym Leader sweetie. You have to face two trainers, and then a 2 vs. 2 battle.”

“Okay, I guess. When can we start?” Koji asked insecure.

“As soon as you want sweetie!” she exclaimed and then winked. “That would be now!” Koji yelled excited, looking forward to the battles.

“Your first battle will be against me sweetie!” the girl yelled. “Go, Jigglypuff!” she yelled, and the pink balloon came out.

“So it’s called a Jigglypuff.” Koji thought to himself. “Go Squirl!” he yelled, and Squirl jumped of his head.

“Jigglypuff, Double Slap!” the girl yelled. Jigglypuff ran towards Squirl, trying to slap him!

“Squirl, dodge!” Koji yelled, and Squirl rolled to the left. This angered Jigglypuff and Squirl started laughing.

“Jigglypuff, Rollout!” the girl yelled. “You aint gonna get passed me sweetie.” she said, laughing. Jigglypuff started rolling at Squirl, with an incredible speed.

“Squirl, get out of the way!” I yelled, but the Jigglypuff was too fast. Squirl got hit, and got smashed into a wall.

“And Jigglypuff just keeps getting faster, the more she rolls!” the girl yelled excited.

“Pure force isn’t working, so I have to come up with a strategy fast.” Koji thought to himself, watching in horror as Squirl just got hit again. Then it struck him: “If Squirl gets bashed away, something more firm could surely stop Jigglypuff!”. “Squirl, run towards the wall!” Koji yelled. Squirl then ran towards the wall, as fast as he could.

“Don’t let the mutt get away!” the girl yelled. Jigglypuff started chasing Squirl the moment she heard this. Squirl ran as hard as he could, but the spinning Jigglypuff was simply faster. Jigglypuff was closing in on Squirl, and Koji held his breath of excitement. But then something happened, Squirl was disappearing and re-appearing. “Damnit, your Squirl used Agility sweetie!” the girl yelled at Koji. Squirl then stood with back against the wall, with Jigglypuff nearing. Squirl looked at Koji in panic, like he was trying to ask Koji what to do.

“Jump!” Koji yelled, a second before Jigglypuff was about to hit Squirl. But Squirl jumped, and Jigglypuff smashed against a wall. Even though Jigglypuff’s Rollout was very powerful, it couldn’t bring down a wall. “Squirl Bite!” Koji yelled. Squirl landed and bit Jigglypuff in her ear, making Jigglypuff cry. Jigglypuff ran back to her trainer, with tears in her big green eyes.

“You won, your next battle will be in 5 minutes.” the girl said.

“Good, I’ll be ready.” Koji replied, as Squirl climbed back on his shoulder.

Next, a boy Koji’s age walked towards the battle area. “I got the longest straw, it’s my turn to battle now!” he said, smirking.

Koji give a faint smile and said: “I can handle you. Squirl could take you on as well, but my other Pokémon needs training as well.”

“You may say so now, but I’ll rather see so for myself. Go Snubbull!” the male trainer yelled, as he threw his Pokéball on the ground. A pink small bulldog came out. Koji instantly started laughing, angering the male trainer.

“He may appear cute, but don’t underestimate him!” he yelled. This made Koji laugh even more. Snubbull started growling, ran around a few times and ended it with a howl. Snubbull instantly grew white, and started to get bigger and broader. Big fangs grew out of his mouth, and Koji watched with amazement.

“He…he…” Koji stuttered.

“Yeah, he evolved…into Granbull!” the male trainer laughed. Both trainers took a look at the big purple bulldog Pokémon: Koji’s face filled with fear, the other guy’s face fill with joy.

“No…turning back now…” Koji stuttered. He pressed the button on his Pokéball, and Bellsprout jumped out. Bellsprout started flexing his body, looking at Granbull. But Bellsprout for one, didn’t seem all to impressed.

“I guess Bellsprout is a real fighter.” Koji said proud, looking at Bellsprout.

“Granbull start off with bite!” the guy yelled. The purple bulldog ran towards Bellsprout, but Bellsprout jumped away. And with that, Granbull crashed with his face into the ground. Angry as he was, Granbull charged for another attack.

“Bellsprout, Vine Whip!” Koji yelled. Bellsprout fired to vines, and smacked Granbull in the face.

“I can’t believe it! Just eat the damn plant!” the boy yelled. Bellsprout got angry by this, and fired a flock of Razor Leaves at Granbull. Granbull tried dodging them, but did get hit.

“Tackle him, Granbull!” the boy yelled, and Granbull ran at Bellsprout. Bellsprout stood ready, and jumped up just before Granbull was about to hit him.

“Sleep Powder!” Koji yelled. Bellsprout turned in the air, so he had his head down. Bellsprout then released a white powder, which landed around Granbull. Bellsprout landed on both his legs, behind Granbull. Granbull was breathing in the powder, and soon fell asleep.

“And the winners are Koji with his Bellsprout!” the referee yelled.

“Bellsprout, good work!” Koji yelled. Bellsprout ran at Koji, and Koji opened his arms, expecting a hug. But Bellsprout jumped against his Pokéball, and got sucked in.

“At least we won, right?” Koji asked Squirl. Squirl sighed.

“Nice battles, but you won’t be able to beat me as easily as you beat them.” a boy said. He had short brown hairs, was about the same height as Koji and wore fancy clothes.

“Hi, I’m the Gym Leader of the first Gym in Lorentz! My name is Collin.” the boy said, holding his hand out at Koji.

Koji looked at his hand and said: “I’m Koji, and I desperately need to talk to you.” Koji then shook his hand.

“Come back tomorrow when you’re rested. We shall have our battle then.” Collin said.

“I didn’t come to…” Koji tried to say, but he was interrupted by Collin.

“Just come back tomorrow, will you?” he asked.

“Sure, see you tomorrow.” Koji said, as he walked off.

DannyBoy
10th October 2003, 05:49 PM
Sorry for not posting in a while I am trying to catch up on lots of things and then when I ever I ge tto read I have to go but I have time now so here I go. Ok, so far I think this is good. Squirl seems to be a really cool new pokemon and I think it is strong. Also Bellsprout as your second pokemon is cool, that is not used a lot. I think you could add a little more length to your chapters and you could add some detail on what the enviroment looks like but you do a good job with the battles and pokemon. I really like that you are having him have to battle trainers before the gym leader, I have not seen that in a fic yet and I really like it! I think you are doing pretty good so far, keep it up!

Togetic
10th October 2003, 09:11 PM
really good I enjoy it... Squirl is so cool...

Dragon_Claw
18th October 2003, 08:35 AM
Finally, a chapter of good length :P

Chapter Six:

"Hi Koji, welcome home." his mother said, smiling.

"Hard day at school son?" his father said.

"Tell me about it. My Am pharos had to battle a Golem." Koji replied.

"Son, no Pokémon is invincible. You have to learn that everybody loses at least one time in his life." Koji father told him, putting his hand on Koji's head.

"Thanks dad, I'll remember it." Koji said.

Then all of a sudden he felt something chewing on his ear. He looked and saw a giant Spinarak! Koji screamed, and all of a sudden he was lying in bed. He looked to his left and saw Squirl sitting.

"Again a family dream, as always." Koji sighed.

"Squirl Squirl!" Squirl yelled.

"What is he so hyper about? O yeah, the Gym Leader, Collin, wants to meet me today." Koji thought to himself, as he was getting dressed.

He released Bellsprout from his Pokéball. Bellsprout instantly jumped at Squirl, trying to tackle him.

"Squirl!" Squirl yelled, climbing up Koji's arm, with Bellsprout on the run.

"No you don't, leave Squirl alone!" Koji said, grabbing Bellsprout.

"I'll have the Syrup Pancakes." Koji said to the waiter in a breakfast restaurant. "And some Poké-nibbles for them" Koji continued, pointing at Bellsprout and Squirl.

"Right sir, it'll come in a minute." the waiter said, smiling.

"So guys, are you fit after your battles yesterday?" Koji asked.

Both the Pokémon nodded. Koji smiled.

"I hope we can convince the Gym Leader to help us." Koji said. Both Pokémon lowered their head.

"Sorry, didn't mean to upset you. I'll guess it he's a good Gym Leader he'll help us." The Pokémon smiled again.

"I'm so good with Pokémon." Koji thought to himself. But then he saw the waiter with the food. "Guess I'm not that good after all." Koji mumbled.

After eating, and paying the bill of course, the three headed towards the Gym. Koji opened the door and saw Collin standing next to a Pokémon.

The Pokémon was brown with a small ball on top of a big ball. Two scythes where attached to the big ball, as well as two legs. A pearl was placed on its head.

"I see you're looking at my Pokémon. It's my strongest one. It's a Duivel, of the Normal type of course." Collin said.

"It looks strong!" Koji yelled excited.

"Yeah, it is." Collin said. "But I think you didn't come here to battle for a badge."

"Yeah, but how do you know that?" Koji asked confused.

"I can see it in your eyes." Koji looked even more confused. "And I did a check-up on your ID, and you're not registered for the Pokémon League. That makes more sense doesn't it?" Collin asked.

"Yeah, pretty much." Koji said laughing.

"Okay then, follow me." Collin said with a now serious face.

Mr. Brown:

"Have we located him yet?" I asked some agents.

"No, not yet. Sorry sir. However, we did make an underestimation that he could be in Boomville."

"Boomville huh? Send five Mightyena trainers. They should be able to stop him.” I said cool.

“Sir…five? He’s just a kid!” an agent yelled out.

“That kid has managed to escape our base! I want no backtalk, send them now!” I yelled angry. “Or do you dare to question my authority?”

“No…no sir. I’ll send them by heli.” the agent replied.

“Good, the faster the better!”

Collin:

“I understand the situation here. You’ll have full cooperation of me and my trainees.” I said. “How can a boy with about the same age as me have such a responsibility?” I thought to myself.

“Thanks, I appreciate that. I’ll have to go to the next town today.” Koji said.

“Today? Why so early?” I asked confused.

“Because…I am running out of time. The faster I ask all the Gym Leaders, the faster I can stop everybody else.” Koji replied concerned.

“I admire your courage. I’ll train the members of my Gym even harder, so they’ll be ready.” I answered. “If you want to leave now, I’ll walk you out.”

“Thanks, I appreciate your help.” And with that, the two walked out.

“Wait a minute, do you want to have a battle?” Koji asked me all of the sudden.

“Sure, I’m ready.” I said, smiling.

“Go Duivel!” Collin yelled, throwing his Pokéball on the ground. The brown Pokémon appeared, ready for battle. He put both his scythes in the ground, giving Koji an intimidating look.

“Who will I choose?” Koji thought to himself. But then Squirl jumped of Koji’s head on the ground.

“Squirl, give him some intimidating glares as well!” Koji yelled excited. Squirl stared oddly at Koji, and then started to scratch his head.

“Awww, how cute. But that’s not going to save you here! Duivel, a scratch should do it!”

“We’re not gonna take this Squirl, are we? Use Bite!” Koji yelled.

Squirl jumped up when Duivel was about to hit him, and Squirl bit Duivel in his Pearl. But Squirl immediately fell off.

“That’s something Squirl won’t do again. Duivel’s pearl is harder then diamond.” Collin yelled excited.

“Tackle its legs, they look weak!” Koji yelled. Squirl tackled Duivel’s right leg, and Duivel started to wobble.

“Now the other one!” Koji yelled. Squirl now went for the other one, and hit that one as well. But when the left leg was hit, Squirl’s back got scratched by one of the scythes. But Duivel fell on the ground.

“Oh no, Duivel has a hard time getting up.” Collin yelled worried. “I have to think of something!”

Then they heard people clapping. They saw five men standing clapping. The men where dressed in cool black costumes. They also wore a helmet.

“I think the brown thingy won.” one of the men said.

“No, everybody knows a Duivel is sooooo strong!” another guy said laughing.

“Well, I know for sure they can’t handle Mightyenas!” a third person yelled.

“No, you’re right!” the one at the left yelled.

“Absolutely.” the one on the right side said.

And with that, all five threw their Pokéballs, revealing five Mightyenas.

“Attack!” all five men yelled.

Two Mightyenas jumped at Squirl, and three jumped at Duivel, who was still on the ground. Squirl was busy evading them, but Duivel stood no chance.

“Go Bellsprout!” Koji yelled, while throwing Bellsprout’s Pokéball up in the air. Bellsprout jumped out. He instantly grew excited seeing the five attacking Pokémon.

“Bellsprout, use Vine Whip to get Squirl out of there!” Koji yelled worried. Bellsprout shot two vines out, wrapped them around Squirl and pulled Squirl in.

“Alright Bellsprout, now use Razor Leaf to help Duivel!” Bellsprout shot flocks of Razor Leaves at the three remaining Mightyena, making them jump of Duivel.

Koji and Collin Quickly ran at Duivel, helping him to get up.

The five Mightyena all growled at Koji, Collin and their Pokémon.

“We’re outnumbered five to three here!” Collin yelled.

Then all of a sudden, the five Mightyenas jumped up, ready to attack. Duivel stood before the gang, ready to protect them.

But then, a big green tail appeared out of nowhere. The tail hit the five Mightyenas, making them fall on their backs. As they whimpered in pain, Koji looked where the tail came from. He saw a girl, a beautiful girl standing there. She was standing next to a big green creature, owner of the tail. And a small brown creature stood next to her as well.

“I saw you guys, and came to the rescue. I’ll help you guys out!” she yelled.

Venasaur89
18th October 2003, 08:48 AM
Great 3rd chapter! But...uh...thought is not spelled, tought....'

just pointed out the mistakes.

Keep it up!

Dragon_Claw
18th October 2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Venasaur89
Great 3rd chapter! But...uh...thought is not spelled, tought....'

just pointed out the mistakes.

Keep it up!

Third chapter?

Darn, and I thought I had the spelling check completed

Togetic
18th October 2003, 09:58 AM
Cool, cool i love this chapter... Iz the gurl austic too?

DannyBoy
24th October 2003, 02:40 PM
That was an ok chapter. I thought it was funny when Bellsprout went after Squirl. Bellsprout seems like a very playful or rough pokemon. I like your pokemons personalitys. I tink the length was ok it was longer than the others. I wonder if Bellsprout will evolve when it continues against the Mightynea. Keep it up!

Dragon_Claw
12th November 2003, 02:03 PM
I am sorry I haven't been able to put up a story for such a long time. I have been ill and stuck with school, and some personal problems which I wont be discussing around here. But without further ado, Chapter 7!

Chapter Seven

“Enough talking, let’s start this!” A Mightyena trainer yelled.

“Fine! Tail Slap Nessie! Mega Kick Spier!” the girl yelled. The big green dinosaur-like Pokémon slammed its tail against one Mightyena, and the smaller brown creature kicked one Mightyena. The Mightyenas fell on the ground, shaking the ground.

“Duivel, Slash!” Collin yelled. Duivel ran forwards and slashed one Mightyena on his side.

“Squirl, Bite! Bellsprout, Razor Leaf!” Koji yelled. Bellsprout shot leaves at a Mightyena, and Mightyena fell back. Squirl jumped on the face of a Mightyena, and Squirl bit a piece out of the Mightyenas ear.

“Lets finish this off then! Nessie, Water Gun!” the girl yelled. The big green monster fired a big stream of water at all the Mightyenas and their trainers, making them fall back. They all hit a big tree and didn’t move.

“Guys, I think its time to go now. I’m gonna go back to the Gym and train my pupils even harder. Good luck Koji.” Collin said, and he and Duivel walked off.

“So your name is Koji?” the girl asked.

“Yeah, and this little fellow is called Squirl.” Koji said, looking at Squirl on his shoulder.

“I’m Melody. The brown Pokémon you saw earlier is called Spier, and he’s a normal and a fighting type. And the green creature is called Nessie, and it’s a water Pokémon.

“Okay. Tell me more about yourself.” Koji asked, and they started walking.

“I used to live in the Orange Islands, and my parents had a show on the T.V. about Pokémon. But the show got cancelled, and they would get a second chance if they would travel more. And they decided I could train for myself.”

“Wow, that’s cool!” Koji said.

“Yeah. But now tell me something about you.” Melody asked.

And Koji told his new friend Melody all about it…

“You guys go back to the headquarter. I’ll get them, sooner or later.” one of the Mightyena trainers said.

“But we’re ‘The Five’, meaning that we should stick together.” Another trainer said.

“Nevermind that, report back to the base!”

“But…Jack”

“Listen to me, I’m the boss of us five, so you must follow my orders!” Jack yelled.

“Yes sir.” and the other four walked off, leaving Jack and his Mightyena behind.

Jack sat down on one knee next to Mightyena. “That Squirl took quite the bite out of your ear, didn’t he?”

Mighyena replied with a sad look.

“This will make you be able to get your revenge. Jack took a Moon Stone out of his pocket, and touched Mightyena with it.

Mightyena intstantly started shining a bright white color, and started growing and standing on his back legs…

“This forest is big, isn’t it?” Melody asked.

“Yeah. But you’re not scared, are you?” Koji asked.

“Well no, but I’m no fan of dark places…” Melody smiled.

“You think there might be scary Pokémon?” Koji asked, gulping.

“From what I’ve heard, there should be many bird Pokémon around here.” Melody said.

“Cool, let’s look for some then!” Koji yelled excited and ran off.

Melody sighed. “Okay wait up!” and Melody ran after Koji.

“Isn’t that a Pidgey?” Koji asked.

“It sure is, why?” Melody asked.

“Just see. Squirl, jump on his back and use Scratch!” Koji yelled, and this is exactly what Squirl did. Pidgey tumbled down, and fell on the ground.

“Can I borrow a Pokéball?” Koji asked Melody.

“I’m afraid not, you’ll just get disappointed. Catching a Pidgey is wasted time, catch something more powerfull.

“Will do, follow me!” Koji said as he buggered off again.

After a while the two arrived at a large tree. Underneath the tree there where all kind of cages, with many flying Pokémon stuffed in them.

“We should definitely help those poor Flying types!” Melody said.

“Yeah, and we will!” Koji cried out.

But all off a sudden, Squirl’s ears stood up, and Squirl started looking around himself.

“Somebody’s coming!” Koji yelled.

“How do you….?” Melody asked confused.

“Nevermind that, let’s just hide!” Koji yelled and pulled Melody into the bushes, with Squirl running behind them.

Then, a middle-aged man, with a black beard and old-fashioned clothes came driving up in a jeep. A Voltorb was sitting next to him.

“Look at this! I have Spearows, Taillows, Pidgeys, Hoothoots, and even one Swellow!” the man said.

Voltorb grinned when hearing this, and he shot sparks around him. The Flying types looked at the Voltorb with fear in their eyes.

“We should stop them.” Melody whispered.

“And we are going to do that.” Koji whispered back.

“Fetch’d!” somebody said.

“Yeah, definitely.” Koji agreed.

“Huh, wait a minute…” Melody said. she looked past Koji, finding a brown duck Pokémon standing on the ground! Melody got startled, jumped up and started screaming. Koji got up, trying to discover what was happening. Koji looked around and saw the screaming Melody, and the angry hunter looking their way…

“Sir, Koji had people helping him. The gym leader and some girl helped him win the fight. Jack instructed us to go back and let him handle it.” one of the Mightyena trainers reported to Mr. Brown.

“Fine, you may leave now!” Mr. Brown instructed. “Not only did he get away once again, he managed to get help from the first Gym Leader as well.” Mr. Brown thought to himself, as he slammed his fist down on the table.

He grabbed his cell phone and pressed a few buttons. “Hi Jack, you know you are my right hand and I have total confidence in you.” Mr. Brown said.

“Yeah, I know that. Me and my ‘new partner’ will definitely get Koji, and that girl.” Jack replied, looking at the large creature standing next to him.

“Surprise me…” Mr. Brown said with a deep voice, before he hung up the phone.

Dragon_Claw
21st November 2003, 08:50 AM
Not even one replie...:(

Well anyways Orion The Blue Star created a Melody sprite, and I created sprites of her two known Pokémon, Nessie and Spier.

HedgeCat
21st November 2003, 06:27 PM
Nice fic. I like the fake Pokémon you made. Expessily Squirl! Squirl is the best. =D
Good sprite of Nessie.

Dragon_Claw
21st December 2003, 12:54 PM
Chapter Eight – The empty-handed little duckling

“Voltorb, Thunder shock!” the hunter yelled angrily. Voltorb jumped up, and started shooting electricity at the trainers, Squirl and Farfetch’d.

“Bellsprout, time to shine again!” Koji yelled, throwing his Pokéball, containing the Grass Pokémon on the ground. Bellsprout jumped out.

Voltorb fired another Thunder shock, but at Bellsprout this time. Bellsprout buried his roots in the ground, making the electricity attacks ineffective.

“Vine Whip!” Koji yelled excited, pointing at the Pokéball like Pokémon. Bellsprout fired both his Vine Whips, wrapping them around the surprised Voltorb. Bellsprout started smashing Voltorb against the ground.

“Rollout Voltorb!” the hunter yelled. Voltorb started spinning as fast as he could, damaging Bellsprout’s Vine Whips.

“There ya go, as good as done!” the hunter yelled happily.

“Bellsprout, return!” a disappointed Koji yelled, beaming the grass type back to his Pokéball.

“Go Spier!” Melody yelled at her turn, revealing the normal/fighting type from his ball. Spier started stretching his muscles, and put his hands in the ground.

“Voltorb, Thunder Shock!” the hunter yelled.

“Spier, dodge!” Melody yelled. Spier, after hearing the command, jumped up in the air, dodging the electricity attack.

“Mega Punch!” Melody yelled again. Spier ran towards Voltorb while his fist started glowing a bright white color. When close enough, Spier punched Voltorb, making him roll backwards.

But the fight was interrupted by the unexpected sound of the starting of an engine. The hunter jumped out of his jeep where he just jumped in. He tossed the cages filled with bird Pokémon in his jeep, and drove away. Voltorb rolled after his jeep, as the hunter recalled him.

“Well, he escaped.” Melody said disappointed, as the jeep got out of sight.

Farfetch’d flew towards Koji and landed on his shoulder.

“And why didn’t you help us!” Melody yelled at Farfetch’d. Farfetch’d got scared and sat behind Koji’s shoulder.

“Go easy on him; he is the best thing we have about now.” Koji said, smiling.

“I don’t trust this for one bit, but what do you mean?” Melody asked Koji.

“He didn’t have any Farfetch’d, and I know that they are rare. So he’s bound to come back for him.” Koji said, smiling at Farfetch’d.

“Go Farfetch’d, fly up and look around for him. Report back if you find him.” Koji said.

And with that, Farfetch’d flew up, soaring threw the air.

“And what are we gonna do now?” Melody asked.

“Let’s wait here until Farfetch’d returns.” Koji suggested.

“Melody and Koji sat down, as Squirl and Spier ate some Capricorns that Spier bashed out of the tree.

After five minutes of waiting, Farfetch’d returned and sat down on Koji’s shoulder. Farfetch’d lifter up with Squirl on his back, and flew up towards the direction he came from. Melody, Koji and Spier ran after them.

After a while of running, they saw the hunter, Voltorb and even more bird Pokémon. Just as they where about to attack, something jumped down from a tree. It was something grey with black fur and the size of a normal adult. The creature growled and menacingly walked towards the hunter.

“Thunder Shock!” the hunter yelled in panic. Voltorb did this, but it had no effect. As the creature neared the hunter, the bird Pokémon locked in cages started squawking and flapping there wings.

“Kids, help me!” the hunter yelled in panic, looking towards Melody and Koji.

“We’d like to, but what is it?” Melody asked.

“I believe it’s a Whereyena, the result of giving a Moon Stone to a Mightyena at full moon.” the hunter yelled.

Whereyena grabbed the hunter, and smashed him against a tree, knocking him out. Voltorb rolled towards his trainer, hiding behind him. The Whereyena then walked towards the birds.

He picked up a cage filled with Spearows, who could do nothing to defend themselves. But then, Farfetch’d came and tackled the Whereyena. Squirl jumped off of Farfetch’d back, and tackled the Whereyena as well. The foul creature tumbled backwards.

He raised his lips, looking at Squirl.

“Why is he looking at Squirl like that?” Koji asked, looking at Melody.

“Look at his ear, this was the Mightyena Squirl’s ear bit off.” Meody replied.

“You’re right, I haven’t even noticed it.” Koji said. “Farfetch’d, use your sharp beak to open the locks on their cages.” he continued. And Farfetch’d walked over to the other cages.

While Farfetch’d was doing this, Spier and Squirl where busy dodging Whereyena’s attacks.

“We need more power here Melody! Use Nessie!” Koji yelled.

“You’re right. Nessie, I choose you!” Melody yelled, throwing Nessie’s Pokéball in the air. Nessie got out, and she crawled towards the action.

While the others where fighting, Farfetch’d was done unlocking the cages. He flew over to the fight aswell, and all the other bird Pokémon followed. Whereyena tried to beat them all, but there where just too many.

Then one Spearow started glowing, and even evolved. He turned into a very large Fearow. The Fearow put his large beak against the throat of Whereyena, making sure he had no chance of moving. All the other birds landed on Whereyena as well.

Melody and Koji walked towards the defeated Whereyena, both smirking. Melody got a piece of rope and wrapped it around Whereyena.

Farfech'd flew towards Koji and started 'talking' to Koji.

"What is it? Do you want to join us?" Koji asked curiously. Farfech'd replied by sqauwking, jumping up and down and smiling. Koji got out a Pokéball, and put it down on the ground. Farfetch'd walked closer, and pecked on the button with his beak, ending up getting sucked inside the Pokéball. Koji picked up the Pokéball, and smiled.

"Welcome to the team!" Koji exclaimed happily, putting the Pokéball to his belt.

HedgeCat
21st December 2003, 01:31 PM
Cool chapter. That Whereyena sprite looks odd, i expected him to look more dog-like. Squirl and Nessie are the best Pokémon in the fic IMO.