PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon and their Characters

Chris 2.1
11th May 2003, 05:30 AM
Hey guys. I started this thread after reading fanfics where the Pokemon has a really strong character, like The mimicking Mankey in EBTV!

If you are a fanfic writer, and have any striking Pokemon characteristics, then it'd be great if you could post them here, and we can all see how much talent we have!

In old fanfics, I've had a Boelemic (sp?) lickitung,
a social Seviper (social as in - TOO FRIENDLY),
A Bulbasaur and a Pidgeotto that are both unsocial,
a Lazy Seel, one that NEVER BATTLED in its life,
and a Tangela with hayfever. the result? everytime he sneezes, he released a stun spore!

How about you?

Jon UKX
11th May 2003, 05:44 AM
Well I've got ideas for new pokemon for the characters in SD.
A Zangoose who is friends with Sevipers.
A Wurmple who wants to be a Dustox (but ends up a Beautifly)
A Cluff (different one from Jon's) who is quite sensible.
A Girafirig who has a split personality.

Chris 2.1
11th May 2003, 06:09 AM
lol! That Girafarig ones sounds great...it could be telapathic. Maybe its head just says "Kill....KILL THEM ALL!" and causes Girafarig to maul people down...:o

Well, i think those are good, as long as you keep them with those characters. EG:

Jon looked at Cluff. It floated there. It was sensible. How could that be, he asked himself, looking at his own Cluff, the one that, at this present time, was chasing a group of brownies by sprayig them with water? Maybe it was having deja-vous...

and keep it up and up and up until we choke on it.

Oh, and in TIR...I have plans for an attention seeking Swablu!:

"Swablu!" Krystal said hotly. The soft Pokemon nuzzled Krystal on her face. "Oh...you didn't mean it now, did you?"

Marill watched her with an angry, determined look on her face. Swablu then glared back angrily, causing Marill to run over and talk to Kecleon.

Meh, in development. any others?

Dragon_Claw
11th May 2003, 10:53 AM
A very stubborn Pichu
A Zangoose always protecting the other Pokémon
A Heracross always training
A Krabby that likes pinching
A tyrogue who wouldn't evolve, yet he did
A Snorlax liking fighting better then sleeping

Darien Shields
16th May 2003, 02:30 PM
You two (Jon and SM) have just given me an idea... I'm going to go dream up a Schizophrenic pokemon for my fic... But otherwise:

An Asanan who's cold and bloodthirsty (Does this count?)

Most of my pokemon have personallities, since I think most of them are moderately intelligent. Now, let me just go and gtet the poll to see...

Iveechan
25th May 2003, 06:08 PM
I had this series of gay Pokemon stories. Some of the characters:

A Hitmonchan who loves to cook, collects dolls, and cries easily.

A Machoke who plays videogames.

A playboy Mr. Mime.

An angry Electabuzz who eats a lot.

A vengeful Jynx who always comes back from the dead.

A female Machoke named Chokema.

An Eevee with a New York accent.

A female Hitmonlee.

God of Fire
26th May 2003, 09:21 AM
Let's see in the fanfic me and my friend are working on, we have:-

A Vulpix that flirts with ANYTHING

A Blaziken that wears a cape, pretends it's a superhero and tells jokes.

A overly hyperactive Xatu that spends most of his time running round in circles and clutching his trainers head with his talons.

A Groudon that likes to sleep all the time.

A Zangoose that also pretends it's a superhero and wears a bandanna.

And the enemy has very careful Voltorbs and Electrodes. And this is supposed to be a rather serious fic too.

Chris 2.1
29th May 2003, 03:37 PM
cool! Prior to some new chappies I have:

A religoious Banette, always telling himself Jessu will save him..

I have a Mawile that tries to lighten things up with awful jokes...thats fun...

An Ampharos intent on shocking somebody. This isn't an emphasised one, but it pops up every now and then.

In a characters dream, I have a Psyduck with a headband and wristands who checks his pulse. Funny! hehe

Erm...that's it methinks. Oh, i have a Wobbuffet who deals with Suicide meals! I have a Smeargle & Dustox duo who hate Wobbuffet...hehe.

UmbreonCurse
29th May 2003, 07:53 PM
(including pokemon soon to come on other chapters)

A sarcastic umbreon that dislikes humans..and isn't too social to begin with.

A VERY hyper jumpluff that never seems to shut up (unless she's asleap..or upset), is afraid of the dark and enjoys dancing on people's heads

A growlithe that's WAY devoted to his trainer, whom he considers to be "the best human in the whole damn universe"

A poetic/melodramaticaltaria that almost constantly speeks in verse and claims to have seen Mew

An eevee that attacks shoes and blenders

A raichu that belives it can sing wonderfully, but in reality has a TERRIBLE singing voice

A zigzagoon that's constantly depressed

A very lazy skarmory

A breloom that sleeps in random people's bags

A schitsophrenic (sp?) luvdisc

A chinchou that seems to have the urge to solve EVERYONE's problems. All the time.

Chris 2.1
30th May 2003, 12:27 PM
Umbreon, those sound great, especially the Altaria singing in verse!

Wild Female Machoke
30th May 2003, 03:04 PM
Here are some ideas of mine which might be used in my future fanfics:

A Machamp who thinks he is a dragon

A Feraligatr who still flirts with other female Pokémon no matter how many times he is unsuccessful

A Celebi who doesn't like to do time travel much

A Jigglypuff that is a terrible singer

A Hitmontop who easily gets sick after many spins on his head

An Exploud who prefers to be quiet

A Jirachi who refuses to give people wishes

Powarun
30th May 2003, 03:21 PM
This topic gave me an idea, that you should give your pokemon a personality. Um future ideas,

A shiftry who thinks he is a bad a$$ but can not take one punch

A polycharacterstic Minun

Suicidal Pikachu's

A Latios whom wants to get to know its trainer more, but scares him by releasing Luster Purge all the time.

A venguful CUbone, if it is beaten it would want revenge.

A smeargle that when it beats an opponent paints a yellow dot on the back of their head.

A Chimecho that is weak to Poison and Fighting attacks.

Iveechan
30th May 2003, 03:24 PM
A Hitmonchan who is so ashamed of his scrawny legs he always wears pants :D

A Swablu who loves to play in mud

classy_cat18
30th May 2003, 03:34 PM
I need to try out that Growlithe idea, Umbreon. I have few suggestions myself.

A childless Kangaskhan who smothers and overprotects her trainer like she's his mother.

I'm working on a surfer dude Golduck. Radical!

A Charizard that likes to sing N'Sync. Hey, I don't know what I was thinking when I came up with it. Just thought it would be funny.

Chris 2.1
31st May 2003, 04:20 AM
Lol! My Swablu's a cleanliness fr££k! Check it out....:

"SWABLU!" The Pokemon screamed. It tore through the air, shooting past me and stroking me with its cottony wings. I had to admit, it felt good!

Tom turned and ran from Swablu, but it wasn't long before the (surprisingly) speedy Pokemon started whipping him with her gentle wings, wiping the dirt from his face. Her delicate wings now a dirty brown, she pecked Tom on the head before zipping back to Krystal.

Jukain
31st May 2003, 05:30 AM
The only thing I've come up with is a Combusken that likes to start fighting without the trainer's instructions. In other words, it just goes out and beats its opponent up. XD I'll never be as good as any of you. You may have just prevented me from ever even thinking of placing my fic here. You people are just too good for me.

MatthewKetchum037
31st May 2003, 03:02 PM
Let's see what I got in the fic I'm working on:

A vulpix who can be very full of herself and very cocky, and like biting on people's ears when they say something dumb.

A pidgeot who likes to flirt with every female (human and pokemon) he sees.

A fearow that fights all the time with the pidgeot, making some real funny moments.

An alakazam who shows no emotion, only logic.

A scorned charizard who is trying to make up for his past.

A dewgong who follows Pidgeot's philosophy on women.

A baby lapras that's a million years old, and likes calling her trainer mama.

Hmm, that's all I can think for a moment, but it will be a while before I can post the fic, it's very, very ,very long. I'm not done with the first third of the story, and you don't want to know how many pages that is.

Legends-Kuja
5th June 2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Powarun
Suicidal Pikachu's

I did this one before. I also pulled a Marilyn Manson Pichu. YAH

dratinihaunter13
6th June 2003, 05:43 PM
A claustrophobic Cloyster, so we finally get to see what's inside that shell, waHAha =D

and uh.. a pikachu in a lab coat with a russian accent who is a professor of clinical psychology? oh wait, hehe ^_^;;

Iveechan
8th June 2003, 02:45 AM
I recently came up with this Machoke named Max.

Ok, Max is a punk and a slacker. He wears a ripped black shirt, black pants torn at the knees, black combat boots, and his crests are pierced. He's a bit smaller and leaner than other Machoke because of his nature. When someone tries to tell him to do something, he just flips them the bird. So Max is kind of a rebel.

Dragon_Claw
9th June 2003, 09:59 AM
A Kangaskhan who puts her trainers in his pouch, thinking she's the trainer's mother

Tyler and Hobbes
9th June 2003, 08:33 PM
Well let's see....

Van: (you all know your closet readers lol) A wisecracking poetic, insulting, artistic, cartoon drawer. He's a smeargle.

Roxy: Basiclly she's reall nice. She doesn't talk much but basicly helps the trainers. Torchic she is.

Kadabra: You know how charizard was in Kanto? Kadabra's worse.

Sleepy: Slacoth. Basicly gullible and one of Van's best friends. (even though they've only spoken once.)

Heart: A togepi who is power mad and acts like Darth Vader.

Nidorina: A meannnnnnn Nidorina.

to lazy to actually look in the fic so... see ya.

Wild Female Machoke
10th June 2003, 07:40 PM
Here's some that I might use:

A young Machoke who was raised by a Salamence from an egg. She mostly uses her head first before using physical strength, but sometimes forget that she is a fighter and not a dragon.

A crazy Blaziken who loved the color blue and even dyed his head feathers in that hue. He gets upset easily especially if his trainer did not let him color his head feathers.

Dragon_Claw
17th June 2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Wild Female Machoke
A crazy Blaziken who loved the color blue and even dyed his head feathers in that hue. He gets upset easily especially if his trainer did not let him color his head feathers.

kinda like this one?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Wild Female Machoke
18th June 2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Dragon_Claw
kinda like this one?

Sort of, but ONLY the hair, not the entire chest part. Oh, and the hue should be a little darker.

Iveechan
19th June 2003, 12:53 AM
An Altaria who sings really off key and whose voice constantly cracks

A Hariyama who's a genie and lives in a lamp instead of a Pokeball. He doesn't grant wished though, he's a stupid "free" genie like the one in Aladdin

A Pyromaniac Scizor who has difficulty because of his huge fire weakness

An anorexic Snorlax

A pink Tyrogue named Tyrouge :D

Wild Female Machoke
1st July 2003, 07:24 PM
I had just come up with a loser and girl-crazy Hariyama.

This sumo Pokémon always had no luck with females. He is particularly crazy when he sees a female Machoke or Medicham, his girls of choice. Yep, you've guessed it, when ol' Hariyama sees them he tries to umm... hit on them. :D No matter how many times he tried to get one to date him, he always use the lamest pickup lines and gets beaten up as a result.

Kohdok
1st July 2003, 09:04 PM
I have a gentle, and quite clumsy, Tyranitar who gets herself into a rather large amount of trouble. The reason she is so gentle is because she evolved prematurely. She's still pretty strong, though her true power can only be tapped if she's angry, which, surprisingly, doesn't happen to often (She's also a bit of a coward) (Obviously, Comic Relief is her speciality) She can also talk, thanks to a special neck translation device. However, Much to the chagrin of her trainer, it can't be removed without being destroyed, and it prevents the pokemon from being recalled.

I also have an Espeon with a rather Cynical personality. (He makes a lot of wise-crack by speaking telepathically) (And he was such a cute, hyper little silver Eevee...)

I also have a cynical Steelix (female) Who has her own opinions about men (She can only speak in Pokemon language, but there are some pokemon-only scenes.). She prefers to be alone and has a more Tyranitar-ish personality than Tyranitar herself.

Then, there's the Raikou with too much affection for her trainer...

Potato Dude
17th July 2003, 03:48 PM
A Raichu who thinks he's the greatest thing ever, a Houndoom who's generally boring, a motherly Wigglytuff, and a Charizard who enjoys tormenting Bagon...fun.