PDA

View Full Version : Game Revelations

Ultarius
1st May 2003, 08:51 PM
No, not spoilers. I'm talking about a different type of revelation. Even though you could talk about game spoilers in this topic. But it would be spam, and it would ruin the game for everyone else, so please, no one spoil the game.

Anyway, I went down to a local arcade today, and I noticed Dance Dance Revolution Extreme. I usually pass it by, just because I wasn't into that "type of game". But today, I had some extra money, so I popped in the credits, and stepped up. Right away I was addicted. I can't quite explain it; but I just got hooked. Maybe it was the physical aspect of it: most games, you either stand still, or sit down, and that doesn't really give you much exercise. Maybe it was the music: I chose "We Will Rock You" (a personal favorite) as my first song. Maybe it was the weather: it was about 80 degrees today, which is the nicest it has been in a long time. Well, whatever it was, I am now hooked on DDR. I'm even thinking of buying the PS2 game, even though I spent most of my money playing the arcade version. ^_^

Well, I've spewed enough about my experiences with video games. Have you ever had a moment of "revelation" when you've played a game for the first time?

Razola
1st May 2003, 09:05 PM
Not sure if this counts, but Mega Man Battle Network turned out to be a much better than I thought it would be.

TheAstroCreep
4th May 2003, 02:00 AM
Street Fighter II on SNES. I used to hang out with friends they loved the arcade Street Fighter II and would own people at the local 7-11. Finally, it came home to the Super Nintendo. I ran out and bought it, started playing the game with Guile, then Ryu, and suddenly... I want a street fighter junkie. I toned my skills at home, then started whooping at the arcades. I will still remember the SNES Street Fighter II, I still got calluses that never healed right on my left thumb.

PNT510
4th May 2003, 11:13 AM
When I first got Zelda and Metroid(2 maybe?) on the orginal Gameboy. I have been a whore for hand held games ever since.

Adz44
4th May 2003, 07:27 PM
I've played games since I was 3. This is how I first got into them...

The Sinclair ZX Spectrum + 2...a machine that has a special place in my mind. If I did not have that, maybe I wouldn't of been a games addict (I shudder at the thought lol). The games for it were brilliant. Simple, but brilliant. I still like them to do this day. I play them using a Spectrum emulator. Yes, they may not be graphically amazing or complex, but they're brilliant. Dizzy, Saint Dragon, Jet Set Willy, Manic Miner, Chuckie Egg...I could be here all night naming them.

I used to play on it all day. The games loaded with tapes. Took ages, but in the end, it was worth it. Left and Right was usually the Z and X keys (or O and P). Up and Down was usually Q and A. And fire was nearly always the enter key. Simple controls.

Most of the time, I play on my PS2 or Game Cube. But I'll never disrespect any of my past computers/consoles. Especially the Speccy.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling about the past. I'm only 17 for crying out loud. lol