PDA

View Full Version : Restless Dreams: The Mysterious Myst

Mystic Latios
10th July 2003, 04:21 AM
Well I decided to try and make another fanfic. Enjoy!

Restless Dreams

-The Mysterious Mist-

-Prologue-

The dense fog was flowing through Slateport City quickly like a flash flood near a small river. A young 10 year old child, who was soon going to be 11 years old tomorrow, looked around while standing in the middle of the empty street with his small pokemon companion. The child’s name was Chris Perseus, an ‘almost’ normal 10 year old boy with the same height as any other 10 year old child. His dark green hair was not very long and was very messy and also has dark brown/yellow eyes. He was wearing his pajamas; dark blue cotton pants and shirt with little pictures of Lunatone all over it and he wasn‘t wearing any shoes. Chris had no clue how he got outside in the middle of the city so suddenly, but he decided to walk back to the house before his family woke up.

The city street he was standing on was dead silent and was barely lit by the bright golden sun, which was rising over the horizon to the east. He didn’t even hear the Wingulls cawing like they should early in the morning. No body was driving or was even outside, since he didn‘t hear anyone out here walking and didn‘t hear a single car horn. Of course he also thinks there is no one outside since he could barely see 25 feet through the dense fog. There was so much fog that it seems like a large, fluffy cloud from the sky had suddenly dropped from the sky and onto the town. The streets somehow got littered with tons of posters and small business papers.

Chris’ only companion was his pokemon, Ralts. Ralts’ height was only a few inches from having the same height of his knees and also two very small arms and two legs shaped like upside down ice cream cones. Most of its body was pale white, except for parts of its head. It looked like it was wearing a very large green bicycle helmet with a large, round, and bright red fin sticking out in the front. Near the bottom of the face was a small mouth, and just above it were its black jelly bean-like eyes that girls would call the ‘puppy dog ‘ kind of eyes. He got his Ralts as a birthday present from his mom when he was 8 years old and had been friends with it ever since.

Chris wasn’t the kind of person that wants to socialize with people. Most of the people he knew at school, and also hate, are the ‘popular’ kids who like to throw him in a trash can one a week, which is what a kid named Andrew Dorf likes to do in front of girls to impress them. But most of the girls ignore him, since they told him that they think that Andrew is a total jerk and a show off, since he pulled pranks on them too when he was in first grade at Slateport Elementary School. Chris has no friends, except for Ralts of course, and usually stays in his room all day.

His mother always tries to find a way to get him out of his room. Chris’ mother was always the kind of person that likes to party a lot and is usually in a perky mood. Sometimes her plans on getting him outside works, and sometimes it fails horribly. His father rarely comes home, since he works at Devon Corporation in Rustboro City. He only comes home during the holidays, if he is lucky enough to get a day off during the holidays. Then there was his 9 year old brother named Kyle, who like to get him in trouble just for fun. If Kyle drops a glass, he blames it on him. If he lets a Nincada in to ruin mom’s garden in the backyard, he blames Chris. And most of the time, he usually gets away with it.

Chris slowly looked around, squinting his eyes to try and see the buildings to find out where he is. There were large stalls and fairly large stone buildings to his right, hidden behind a rust-covered fence that blocked his way from walking towards them. The stalls themselves looked like they came from a theme park, each of them covered in a tent-like structure with different bold colors. The buildings in the area were all pale white with little bits of moss growing on the back of the buildings. He was staring at the marketplace of Slateport City, which was right by the coast and is also near the neighborhood where he lives.

A small sea breeze blew by, making it seem like it was winter than summer. The giant leaves on the palm trees started shaking, making it seemed as if they were dancing with the hypnotic sounds from the breeze. Chris then barely noticed parts of the shipyard to his left. There were metal skeletons of small ships in the yard, except that they looked like they rusted severely in a few minutes. The yard looked like it hasn’t been mowed for years, as the long, pencil-thin grass swayed back and forth from another bone chilling wind that made Chris’ spine shiver.

“Well we better get back home Ralts before my brother can take this opportunity to get me in trouble again.” Chris yawned, still tired.

“Well youralts raaaalllltttsss” Ralts said.

For some reason, Chris was able to understand what pokemon are saying most of the time. He was able to understand parts of their language since he was 6 years old. Each year, he could understand more and more on what his pokemon was saying. He still has no idea on how he got this talent. It also seems that for some strange reason, some stuff around the house or at the elementary school just breaks by itself or suddenly start floating around when Chris gets extremely angry. Lots of times Chris is usually very sad or start to cry while its raining outside. Its very strange, since it doesn’t really happen to anyone else.

An unknown human-shaped creature, not far from where Chris was standing, slowly growled as it slowly crept towards him. He looked around in a panicky state when he heard the growl, hoping that his next door neighbor’s pokemon, a Granbull, hasn’t escaped again. Last time he almost ended up getting a stitch on his leg from the last bite the neighbor’s Granbull gave him.

Another sea breeze blew by as the creature noticed the Ralts by Chris and started snarling in anger. It then tore apart the trash can next to it and threw it towards Ralts. Chris and his pokemon turned around and saw a torn up trash can flying in the air and was heading towards them from the depths of the fog. He and Ralts dodged it and immediately started sweating in fear while Ralts turned towards him.

The creature shot its burnt black claw like a bungee cord towards Chris‘ face. Its razor sharp claw grabbed his face. Ralts suddenly started to form a dark purple aura around both of them, while trying to get Chris to calm down. Chris didn’t pay any attention to Ralts and kept on trying to shove the claw off while the creature’s claw kept making a tighter grip on his face.

“Are you all right?” a distant and familiar feminine voice whispered while Ralts’ dark purple aura spreads, slowly dissolving the sharp claw covering Chris’ face. The creature was howling in pain as Chris suddenly saw nothing but darkness in front of his eyes. He closed his eyes, wondering what was going on and if what just happened to him was real.

Coming soon….

Chapter 1 - The Letter

Neo-Xantios
10th July 2003, 08:40 AM
Ah, at last this fic is here. I've read about this in a public advertisement in the writer lounge. This is indeed as good as the advertisement said. The characters are vivid and the situation seemed real. The descriptions are detailed and deep. Continue on and I'll be an avid reader.

Mystic Latios
10th July 2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Neo-Xantios
Ah, at last this fic is here. I've read about this in a public advertisement in the writer lounge. This is indeed as good as the advertisement said. The characters are vivid and the situation seemed real. The descriptions are detailed and deep. Continue on and I'll be an avid reader.

Ummm....I didn't make an advertisement for this story.:confused:

And thanks for the comment. I worked hard on this prologue and had to reread it and redo the prologue several times to get it right.:)

Neo-Xantios
11th July 2003, 09:30 PM
Oh, my mistake. I sincerely apologize. However, the advertisement you made was for a fic of yours called Crystal Lake-Ruins of Rune.

Hmm...
:confused:

Mystic Latios
11th July 2003, 10:00 PM
In a way, this story is an alternate version of Crystal Lake-Ruins of Rune. The fanfic is somewhere in the back of the forum. I'm still working on chapter one and I'll post it either tonight or tomorrow (or may be on sunday). And I also posted a summary of it in the fanfic summaries thread in the Writer's Lounge.

Mystic Latios
12th July 2003, 05:29 PM

Restless Dreams

-The Mysterious Mist-

Chapter 1- The Letter

Chris opened his eyes and immediately jumped off the bed like a jack-in-a-box. He looked around to find out that he was in his own bedroom and not in the middle of the foggy street. He started wiping the sweat off his face as his Ralts walked towards him from the side of his bed. It looked very upset, since Chris was also upset at the moment.

‘It was just a nightmare’ Chris thought as he started to calm down. He turned to his left to find his mother staring at him from the doorway. She was only several feet taller than him. Probably gained a few inches from the large white sneakers she was wearing. She was also wearing dark blue jean with a large white t-shirt. Her long, silky brown hair extended down to her shoulders and looked almost as fluffy as clouds. Her eyes were bright blue like the sky.

“Having another nightmare?” The mother raised an eyebrow. “I really should get you to stop playing that Silent Hill game on that Playstation2.”

“No I’m fine.” Chris lied. He really liked that game and didn’t want it taken away just because of the nightmares he has been getting lately.

“Good. Well breakfast is ready.”

“I’m not hungry.” Chris snarled.

“Don’t lie to me. I know you’re hungry and you WILL go in the dining room for breakfast.” His mother instructed. “And then after breakfast you will feed your brother’s Weepinbell in the backyard.”

“What?!” Chris yelled in surprise. “Why can’t Kyle feed his own pokemon?!”

“Its part of your punishment for breaking the dishes in the kitchen yesterday. Now get dressed and get in that dining room.” His mother yelled as she closed the door. Chris didn’t want to go eat breakfast at the table because Kyle will probably be there to break a plate and blame it on him. He also started wondering why he does it in the first place.

His bedroom was the size of a large walk-in closet with a window to his left, giving him a view of his small backyard and the small beach farther back. The walls were covered in ocean blue colored wall paper, with some torn pieces on some parts of the wall. Right to the left of him was the mahogany door that opens to the hallway. To the left of his bed was a small table with a small brass lamp along with a small book about the Hoenn pokemon league. Across the room near the window was his dresser drawer made of mahogany with a large television on top along with his Playstation2. Right next to it was a thin, but tall bookshelf full of books of many sizes about pokemon and places to visit. Next to the shelf was a door that opens to his extremely small closet.

Ralts went out of his bedroom and he changed into his usual clothes; a white t-shirt with dark brown shorts with several pockets and a pair of white socks with his black sneakers. Chris checked the calendar, which showed that it was July the 30th. He walked out of his bedroom while complaining to himself about why he is being forced to eat with his family and into the long, ocean blue hallway with dozens and dozens of picture frames of every size of his family. He turned to his left and walked down the hall into the living room, which was connected to the dining room.

The living/dining room was the size of a garage big enough to fit two cars in it. The walls had sky blue wallpaper with small patterns of spring flowers in both the dining room and the living room. To his left against the wall was the large door made from wood of a maple tree and to the left of the door was a large bay window with a large white couch with very fluffy pillows. Immediately to his left was a small fireplace, which was still dirty inside from all the soot. By the fireplace was a 25 inch square television with two large speakers. On one speaker was a DVD player along with a large stack of DVDs on top. On the other speaker was the tape player, which also had a large stack of video tapes on top of it.

Past a few chairs by the couch to his left was the dining room with the same wallpaper as the living room. A small round dining room table stood in the middle of the room surrounded by large chairs with large yellow cushions on each of them. Behind the table, from Chris’ view, was the patio door that leads onto the patio, which leads into his backyard and a very small beach further back. A small crystal chandelier was hanging from the dining room ceiling, casting rainbows all over the room from the sunlight creeping into the room.

Sitting in one of the chairs was his younger brother Kyle, eating his pancakes and bacon. Kyle isn’t fat, but he isn’t exactly thin either. He had very short brown hair with large blue eyes that girls would also call ‘puppy dog’ eyes. Too bad he acts more like a bulldog than a puppy. He was wearing a large red t-shirt with large, baggy blue jeans that make it seem like they would fall off any time now. Chris walked to the table while not keeping eye contact with his demon-like brother. Kyle shrunk his nose like he was smelling something from a garbage can when he saw Chris.

“What are YOU doing here?” Kyle scowled at Chris while shoveling a pancake into his mouth.

“I live here you idiot.” Chris replied while trying to hold his temper.

“No you don’t. You live in a garbage can down the street. Now go back where you came from.”

“Actually I came from a very small room in this house. The garbage can you’re talking about is where you usually pig out with your friends. You better get there quickly before they eat all the good rotting food there and leave you with cardboard boxes to feast on.” Chris said with a smirk on his face.

Kyle’s face was turning more red than a beat and also had a pissed off look on his face as he was about to open his mouth, which was full of food at the time. Their mother walked through the kitchen door into the dining room with more plates full of pancakes in her hands.

“Kyle don’t talk with your mouth full and eat it. This must be the 100th time I had to tell you.” The mother said while glaring at Kyle.

Kyle closed his mouth and started chewing again while glaring at Chris with a look on his face that says ‘I will get you for doing that’. Chris ignored him and started eating some of the pancakes that his mother put on his plate. The mother’s Delibird suddenly ran through the front door and into the dining room while carrying today’s mail.

“Thank you Delibird.” She said while giving the Delibird a pancake to eat. “Lets see……bill, bill, bill, another bill, and one letter to each of you.” She gives one of the letters to Kyle.

“Its from your grandmother Kyle. Looks like she sent you money again.” She said while Kyle ripped the letter apart to find the cash. Anyone who has seen him do this can tell that he’s hungry for money. Chris’ mother looked at his letter.

“Well Chris, looks like you finally got an answer from the Slateport School of Pokemon.” She beamed as she gave Chris the letter.

The Slateport School of Pokemon is where 11 year olds and older can attend for about 3 school years. The school is suppose to be one of the best in Hoenn, along with the school in Rustboro City. His mother made him send a letter to the school along with the school records from the elementary school that he used to go to before this summer. His mother kept signaling him to open the letter while Kyle kept his hopes up that he wouldn’t be accepted to attend the school so that he could brag in front of Chris on how much of a loser he is.

Chris slowly opened the envelope slowly. He unfolded the letter slowly while his hands were shaking with anticipation. He started reading the letter to himself.

‘Dear Mr. Chris Perseus,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Slateport School of Pokemon. You will stay at one of our dorms throughout the school year except during Christmas and Easter vacation. We expect you to be at the school between August 1st and August 3rd. You are required to bring one pokemon. If we find that you have brought two of your pokemon or have caught one in the forest behind the school, you will be expelled. Here is your list on things to get for school:

Supplies
Num. 2 Pencils
7 Notebooks
2 Packs of Paper
Ballpoint Pens (black ink only)
8 Folders

Books
Knowing the Unknown: Psychic Pokemon Guide by Sabrina Marshal
Cerulean Guide of Water Pokemon by Misty Waterflower

Here is your schedule:

English I- Prof. Serpens
P.E.- Prof. Karatondo
Botany- Prof. Garland
Hoenn History- Prof. Azuma
Lunch- Cafeteria
Psy. Pokeology- Prof. Unzen
Wtr. Pokeology- Prof. Waterlily
Geography- Prof. Everest
Mathmatics I- Prof. Corvus

The classes will be an hour and a half long and you will have fifteen minutes to get to each class. The first class starts at 8:00 AM.

Signed by,

Ms. Sarah Honshu, Principal’

“So what does it say?” Chris’ mother asked impatiently.

“I got in. I’m going to Slateport School.”

Kyle’s grin suddenly turned into a frown as their mother’s face looked proud that Chris gets to go to the school. Chris’ mother and father also went to that school too when they were 11 years old.

“Oh, Chris, how wonderful!” she said proudly. “Wait until your father hears about this! I’m so proud of you, what wonderful news! I better call your father and tell him about it.”

She quickly went into the kitchen like a wild herd of Tauros to call her husband on the phone while Kyle stared at Chris with anger just because he was accepted to go to the exclusive school and made their mother proud.

“You were just lucky.” Kyle said while making a fist.

“Whatever.” Chris said while rolling his eyes.

Kyle suddenly dropped a plate on the floor and it shattered like a drop of water falling to the bottom of a sink. Their mother rushed through the door to find a broken plate on the floor between the two brothers. Her smile suddenly became a frown as she stared at the two like a vulture staring at its prey.

“Alright who did it?” She yelled.

“Chris did it!” Kyle immediately said while pointing at Chris, trying to make his face look innocent.

“Nice try Kyle.” She said while Kyle’s face suddenly looked shocked. “I say you drop the plate from behind the door. Now clean that up. I’ll decide your punishment later.”

Chris suddenly made a wide grin as Kyle picked up the broken pieces with a red angered face. Their mother now suddenly stared at Chris while Kyle was now making a grin on his face.

“Well since your done with breakfast Chris, you can now start feeding Kyle’s Weepinbell.” she said.

“But I need to feed my Ralts first.”

“I already took care of that. Now go feed your brother’s Weepinbell.” she ordered like a sergeant in the army.

He opened the patio doors while carrying the pancakes that haven’t been eaten yet. He was immediately greeted by the warm sea breeze that blew into his face. He shut the patio door behind him as he stared at his backyard. A large white picked fence extended from both sides of the house towards the yellow sand at the beach. On either side of the patio was a bunch of rose bushes blooming giant red roses. The house was in a shape of a rectangle with black shingles on the roof and all the sides of the house were as white as his Ralts.

The waves from the ocean in front of him crashed onto the small beach in a hypnotic rhythm that could put anyone to sleep quickly. The Wingulls and Pelippers were flying near the shore, hunting for their breakfast. A palm tree sat near the beach, moving in the breeze like it was dancing along with the sounds of the waves. It was partially cloudy this morning. Dark clouds were hanging far away over the ocean.

He suddenly heard growling to his left over the fence. It was the next door neighbor’s Granbull growling as usual. To his right over the fence was the main road that goes through most of the city. Near that fence was Kyle’s Weepinbell, which was staring at him with a look of hunger in his eyes. It had the shape of a giant golden bell, with a red rim around the bottom where the mouth is and two large eyes a little further up. On both sides were large green leaves that looked as sharp as a pencil. On the very top was a small, curing brown vine and a few green spots around it.

Chris tossed the pancakes at it, while the Weepinbell started leaping at the pancakes like a rabbit and started swallowing every single pancake. Chris was about to turn around, when he saw a large fog near the large beach area near here. He wouldn’t have bothered to look at it if the fog wasn’t moving at the same speed as a car or truck. The strange fog flowed through the streets just like the dream he had this morning.

The fog was now flowing through the main street, covering his home and the backyard. Suddenly, the warm sea breeze was now as cold as ice while he heard something coming towards the house from the main street. Chris narrowed his eyes to see a small moving van driving past the house and towards the north part of the city. He could also barely see a dark figure driving the van, which suddenly made him feel like it was winter outside now instead of summer. A minute later after the moving van went past the house, the fog slowly lifted and the breeze was suddenly warm again. The Weepinbell seemed to be also affected by the fog, since it was also shivering like crazy.

“Hey dork, school is in two days. Mom wants to take you to the marketplace to get your school supplies right away.” Kyle yelled through the patio doors.

Chris suddenly forgot about the fog and concentrated on school now. ‘Besides, how can a fog as cold as the middle of winter affect me at school anyway,’ Chris thought while walking towards the patio doors. Not only is he thinking on how school will be like, but also wondering about what present he was getting this year for his birthday tomorrow. Chris started smiling, thinking about how he was going to be far away from Kyle for most of the year, and also how nothing can ruin this school year now.

Next Chapter- The Marketplace

Neo-Xantios
13th July 2003, 06:56 AM
Amazing! This is one enjoyable fic. Your descriptions of the house was clear and the place reminds me of my really old house in South Africa. So, I see that Chris is accepted to the new school. I can't wait to see what he does there. At first, I felt sorry for him because of that idiotic Kyle, but now since he can go to the Slateport School of Pokémon, the annoyance will cease to exist. At least, that's what I'm hoping for. Good luck on your next chapter and this fic.

Mystic Latios
13th July 2003, 12:00 PM
Neo-Xantios-Thank you for telling me how good the fic is so far. I was starting to wonder if you forgot about the fic. After a chapter or two, you won't see Kyle again in this fic. I've been trying to plan all sorts of twists that I want to put into the story. I better get working on the next chapter, since I haven't started the first paragraph of it yet.

Neo-Xantios
14th July 2003, 06:40 AM
Fear not, SaffronTrainer. I shaln't forsake this fic. Aww, I'm disappointed to hear that Kyle won't be appearing in the fic after a few chapters. I really wanted to see how he ends up. Anyway, I can't wait for the next chapter. Now I'm starting to realize how lazy I am in working on my fic....

mistysakura
15th July 2003, 03:27 AM
Great fic! Reminds me of Harry Potter, but that doesn't really matter. It's got good description and length, and Chris is quite a good character, as well as kyle. I wonder how Chris' abilities will affect his new life...
By the way, Spirited Away is a good movie.

Mystic Latios
15th July 2003, 03:30 AM
Neo-Xantios- Yep Kyle will only be in a few chapters now. But I didn't say which chapter though. Remember that Chris will have to spend time with his family during Christmas and Eater vacation.

And here is the next chapter. *plays suspense music* :P

Restless Dreams

-The Mysterious Mist-

Chapter 2- The Marketplace

A few minutes later, Chris and his mom walked outside of the house. Rose bushes bordered the home and the roses were even bigger than the ones in the backyard. A small pale white sidewalk extended from the front door to the large sidewalk by the road. By the road was a large black van, mom’s van, with very thick tires. Another palm tree sat several feet from the house. Its leaves were as large as the Tropius’ leaves on its back.

Kyle had told his mom that he decided to stay home. Chris knew he wanted to take this opportunity to stay home because then he would have a chance of wrecking havoc in my bedroom and try to steal some of my money that I hid there. I immediately told Ralts and Delibird to protect my room from Kyle when he said he would be staying home.

“Hurry up Chris.” His mom yelled as she entered the van.

Chris walked towards the van and opened the large door. He sat in the first seat in front of him, behind his mom’s seat. He slammed the door shut just when the van started moving out of its parking spot and towards the main street. The marketplace was only half a mile away south from our house, well one entrance to it is that far. The other entrance is two miles north near the Pokemon Fan Club.

Chris stared out of the car window to his left. He now saw, instead of his neighborhood, the large ocean as far as the eye could see. The red golden sun is now far above the horizon, very slowly creeping up towards the top of the sky like a slithering Arbok. The sea was getting a little more violent than it did a few minutes ago in his backyard. The waves were slowly getting larger and larger as the pitch black clouds were swirling like water circling down a bathtub drain, moving ever so slowly towards the city.

Chris then looked through the windshield of the car. Ahead was a huge beach covered in yellow sparkling sand that was shining almost as bright as the stars in the night sky, which always happens during the sunrise and sunset. Several colored umbrellas were already set in the soft sand with people sitting under them while trying to get a tan. One of them released their own pokemon, a Shellder, to go play in the water. Some large, deep green ferns were growing near the beach, flapping in the wind like a flag on a flagpole.

“We’re here Chris.” His mother said as she turned the van and parked it in an empty parking space.

Chris opened the van door and stared at the marketplace in front of him. It had the same look of the marketplace in the nightmare he had this morning, except it looked a lot more cheerful than dreadful, and there wasn‘t a trace of fog in sight. Bright multicolored balloons were hanging all over the place. There was even a man dressed up as a clown selling the balloons to youngsters. The stall owners were trying to attract the customers that were walking by trying to make bargains to them that they couldn’t refuse.

‘Just as I predicted,’ Chris’ mom, known as Jean to her friends, thought to herself. ‘The place is packed like a bunch of sardines as usual on a Saturday.’

Both Chris and his mom started walking into the crowded marketplace. A tall man that looked like a dirty bum on a street or from living in a garbage can ran up to them. Chris just stared at the man oddly while his mother made a frown, putting her hand into her pocket to get the pepper spray.

“Hey lady,” The man started to say.

“Mister I’m very busy right now. I have to get my son school supplies so I don’t want to waste my time kicking your *** out of here.” Jean glared.

“You sure?” The man said seductively. His face suddenly went pale when he saw the mother’s hand in her pocket reaching something. “Okay never mind.”

The bum left them and walked to another woman nearby.

“Who is he?” Chris curiously asked.

“Just some drunk that keeps trying to get ladies to go out with him in an alley. Last time he tried to force me to go into an alley while I was shopping. Luckily I had my pepper spray with me and sprayed his eyes till he fell over and karate kicked him in the stomach.
He then learned that I already have a family and if he tried to do anything to me, then your father would search for him and beat the living crap out of him. He also now knows that I had a brown belt in my karate lessons when I was a child” She grinned.

Chris also started grinning while the lady the man was harassing kicked the bum between the legs and left him there crying like a baby.

Both of them continued walking past the stalls selling items like Pokedolls, posters, and hanging plants. They both stopped in front of one of the few store buildings. The building looked like the one in his nightmare, a large white building made of stone with some mold growing on the sides. Large windows were in the front of the store, showing all of the oak wood bookshelves in there, filled with different sized books. In between the two large windows near the ground was two doors that looked like the patio doors of their home. Above the doors was a large wood sign saying ‘Blortas & Gnarbels’.

They both opened the entrance doors and entered the large bookstore. The ceiling was tall and partially arched along with the large dark wood beams that supported the ceiling, making it look like the inside of a cathedral. The floorboards on the floor were white southern yellow pine and the walls were covered in partially dark brown wood with large murals of legendary pokemon on the walls. To their left was a large long table where customers purchase their books and to their right was a small café area. A employee dressed in a dark suit walked up to greet them..

“Hello. Can I help you?” He said with a smile on his face.

“Yes.” Jean answered. “We’re looking for the two books on this list.”

She handed the list to the employee and he immediately walked into the maze of bookshelves. Several minutes later, before Chris almost dozed off while standing up, he came right back with two books in his hand.

“Here you go madam.” He said while giving both large books to Chris and gave the list back to Chris’ mother. He immediately left to help out another customer, who was searching through a shelf with the sign that says ‘Science Fiction’.

“Well that was quick.” Jean said.

“What do you mean ‘That was quick’?” Chris puzzled.

“Well usually it takes them about ten minutes or more to find a few books. I guess they’re finally hiring people that actually know how to find something in a store and not have an I.Q. of 12.”

“I guess.” Chris shrugged while his stomach started growling.

Another few minutes later from eating a small slice of pie at the cafe, they left the bookstore with the books, along with several pencils and pens they purchased. Chris’ mom gave him the bag with the school supplies to hold for her while she brought out the list.

“Never knew that they started selling pencils and pens there. Lets see…,” His mother said while staring at the list “All we need to do now is go to a stall that sell the notebooks, the folders, and the packs of paper that is on the list, if we can find it through this crowd that is.”

It seemed that the crowd had gotten bigger in a few minutes. The people were squeezed together like pickles in a can full of pickle juice. The dark, gloomy clouds that were off shore were now hanging overhead, blocking the glowing warm sunlight. It was now slowly started to get chilly from the small sea breezes blowing into Chris’ face. They both rushed through the packed crowd and right into a stall, which fortunately was selling a bunch of paper, folders, and notebooks. They were also selling calendars and gift cards.

“This is strange.” The stall owner said. “I never seen the weather make storms that quickly in the morning.”

“Yea I know.” Jean said.

While the stall owner and Jean started having a conversation, Chris started to notice that the wind started to pick up, making violent gusts. Dozens of stall are suddenly started to close due to the weather. Balloons started floating up into the cloudy sky after being blown away from the children that were holding them. He was starting to have a feeling that the school supplies that he has so far was going to be blown away by the raging gusts of wind.

“Mom we really should be going home.” Chris said with a worrying tone.

“Oh all right.” Jean said while glaring at Chris. “We just need the things on this list here.”

A few minutes later, Chris and his mother started running towards the parking lot while the wind was suddenly blowing the now pouring rain into their faces. It felt like someone was throwing buckets full of water at them. One of the branches of a palm tree suddenly broke off and fell on a stall, making a huge tear on the tent covering it.

“Oh hell.” She grieved as she stares at the large traffic in the parking lot. Every car was moving out of their parking spaces, all of them blocking the way out.

They both ran into the van to get out of the rain, slamming the doors behind them quickly. They sat there in the van in silence. It was almost impossible to see through the car windows because of the heavy downpour. A few minutes later after they got in the van, the traffic started to clear up. Jean turned on the car and started backing the van away from the parking space.

“It finally took long enough for the traffic to clear.” His mother said in frustration.

A large palm tree near them suddenly busted into flames. Chris stared at it in awe, wondering how a tree caught on fire in all of this rain. He suddenly saw a small dark figure near the tree, that looked very similar to the dark figure that was in that moving van that passed by the house in that fog. The small dark figure started skipping down the sidewalk like a child playing hop scotch and suddenly disappeared in a mist that suddenly formed immediately. After the figure disappeared, the heavy rain stopped pouring down, but the wind kept blowing like crazy.

Chris started wondering who the dark figure could be as his eyes started to get heavy for some reason. The large palm tree suddenly was no longer caught on fire and a few of its branches crashed to the ground as Chris closed his eyes, slowly about to go into a deep sleep.

Next Chapter- B-Day Surprise

Neo-Xantios
15th July 2003, 10:32 PM
Once again, this chapter was of greatness. You have described everything very well, and the plot is getting better as we go along. I see that Chris has gotten his supplies. That place reminds me of Jack London Square in Oakland with the huge book store. I have a feeling that the dark figure is the face in your sig. 8)

Mystic Latios
15th July 2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by mistysakura
Great fic! Reminds me of Harry Potter, but that doesn't really matter. It's got good description and length, and Chris is quite a good character, as well as kyle. I wonder how Chris' abilities will affect his new life...
By the way, Spirited Away is a good movie.

I'm glad that you enjoy the fic so far. :) Yes I got some inspiration to make this story from Harry Potter and also Mist's Lapras Valley High fanfic. Spirited Away is one of my favorite movies.

Once again, this chapter was of greatness. You have described everything very well, and the plot is getting better as we go along. I see that Chris has gotten his supplies. That place reminds me of Jack London Square in Oakland with the huge book store. I have a feeling that the dark figure is the face in your sig.

Just wait till you find out who the dark figure is.... :D

Mystic Latios
22nd July 2003, 04:26 AM

Restless Dreams

-The Mysterious Mist-

Chapter 3- B-Day Surprise

Chris was suddenly in the center of the main street of Slateport City in another thick fog. This time though, the fog was as dense as his last dream, making it impossible to see anything that’s as far as 8 feet and impossible to tell if the clouds were covering the sun or not. The dark, cloud-like fog was flowing like a small stream of water, swirling around him like he was in the middle of a violent tornado that would tear a building apart immediately. It was suddenly more cold than it was last time with the sea breeze making it feel like it was zero degrees outside, which was bad for him since he was wearing his same pajamas with the small pictures of Lunatone on it.

He was slowly getting nervous from the fog. His eyes were moving around his eye sockets like a spinning tilt-o-whirl, trying to see if anyone, or something was with him in the twister-like fog. He suddenly then started to notice that his Ralts wasn’t here to protect him this time, making him even more frightened about what is out there now.

Small sweat drops started pouring down his now pale face, as he suddenly started to wonder if that creature was out there, waiting for the right time to pounce on him and tear him apart into shreds. His heart started pounding like a sledge hammer as he started to breathe that gave the impression that he was suffocating. He didn’t dare move anywhere and stood still, trying to listen for any kind of sound coming towards him. Like in his other dream, there was no sound from anyone or anything. Everything was dead silent, as silent as a graveyard.

He started to calm down slowly as he began to breath at a normal pace and his heart was no longer pounding like it was going to explode. His eyes stopped swirling around in his eye sockets as he started strait into the fog, which was now swirling faster than a blender. Chris decided to walk down the street to find out exactly where he is. As he walked forward, the fog suddenly spun as violent as an F-5 tornado, preventing him from moving from that one spot.

Chris started to get worried again as he heard the small sounds of running feet coming towards him. Along with the sounds of the footsteps was the sound of someone breathing hard, like a runner running on a large track. The footsteps slowly got louder and louder as he now suddenly saw a girl running towards him, holding a large Metapod in her hands.

She was only an inch shorter than him. Her flaming red hair went down to her shoulders, making a small curl at the bottom tips of her hair. The red hair was also a little messy at the top, with a few spikes on both sides of her head by the large, floppy yellow/green hat that was on the middle of her head. Her eyes were like two pieces of fossilized amber shining in the light. She was wearing a small yellow/green skirt along with a pearl white dressed shirt with a small ring of green wrapped around the collar, making her look like she was a tennis player that ran away from a tennis court. She also wore brown leather sandals with long white socks reaching up towards her knees.

The Metapod in her hands was fairly large at about the same length as a major league baseball bat and close to being as round as a dodge ball. A small point was in the middle of the deep green body and near the small spike was two beady eyes that were closed right now, showing that it was in a very deep sleep.

Her eyes were filled with fear as she ran towards him, not noticing that he was in front of her. Another figure slowly came through the dense fog. Chris couldn’t see it very well through the deep mist, but he could see that it was the same height as the dark figure he saw by the marketplace, and was shining like it was wearing some metal armor on it.

A black van, that looked just like his mother’s van, suddenly formed behind him. In the front of the van behind the steering wheel was another figure that he couldn’t see, who was yelling at the top of his voice, like it was worried.

“Hurry Tanya its catching up!” a voice said, coming from the dark figure in the van.

“Run faster!” another worried voice from the van yelled, that sounded exactly like Chris’ voice.

The girl, who was called Tanya, started running faster than ever. She looked like she was about to collapse on the concrete street. Tara suddenly looked up with crystal clear tears as she heard the engine of the van turning on. Chris suddenly started to get dizzy and close his eyes, seeing nothing but darkness.

Chris opened his eyes with fright as he sat up from his bed. As he started to relax, he started to notice that he was back in his bedroom and not in his nightmare. Ralts stood by the closet door staring at him with worrying eyes. His bedroom window was open, letting in the cold breeze from outside. He grabbed his watch on the table to find that it was 10:00 AM on Sunday. His birthday was today.

Chris started to slowly remember about the large storm yesterday that struck the marketplace so suddenly and the palm tree catching on fire. After that event, things went back to normal at home by doing nothing but playing video games and watching the television before lunch and before dinner in his bedroom. And as always, his mother tried to get him at least in the living room to watch the television. But he knew that Kyle will be there to bother him and prevent him from watching his TV shows, so he refuses.

Ralts ran under the bed as he got dressed in the same clothes as yesterday; the brown pants with lots of pockets and a white t-shirt. His hair was as messy as ever as he opened his bedroom door and walked into the hallway, wondering why his mother didn’t come to his bedroom to force him to eat breakfast. The house was very silent as he slowly walked down the picture frame covered hallway towards his living room. Chris’ Ralts ran out of his bedroom and past Chris, rushing towards the dining room.

‘Oh great, a birthday surprise.’ Chris thought as he was about to walk into the normal looking living room. Knowing his mom, there was going to be tons of decorations in the dining room and a small birthday cake and a few present by the place where he usually sits at the dining table.

He looked into the dining room to find that he theory was almost correct. Large, multicolor party streamers hung from the chandelier to the walls along with blue balloons hanging at the bottom of the chandelier. On the table was the birthday cake, which was bigger than he thought it would be. The cake had three layers on top of each other, which was almost bigger than a wedding cake. Giant globs of chocolate frosting was spread all over the cake and had a small yellow frosting bordering the edges of the cake in shapes of blooming rosebuds in the spring. On top of the cake was a single candle in shape of a large pokeball, already lit and ready.

“Happy Birthday!” His mother smiled as she walked through the kitchen door along with Kyle, who was making a large frown on his face.

In his mother’s hands were two presents wrapped in emerald green paper with a small golden bow on the very top. Chris sat down in his usual seat at the dining room table, wondering what Kyle was planning to do to him today since it was his birthday. Chris’ mother was wearing blue jeans as usual, but was now wearing a white shirt with a black smile on the front. Kyle was wearing the same clothes that he was wearing yesterday, which made his mom give him a scowling look on her face.

“Can we hurry this up, I was planning to go to the bowling alley with my FRIENDS.” Kyle mocked, knowing that Chris has no friends.

“Well Chris, its time to make a wish and blow out the candle.” Jean said, while trying not to let Kyle’s bad mood ruin the party.

Chris started wishing on wanting actual friends at his new school to get back at Kyle for mocking him as he slowly inhaled some fresh air before letting all the air out on the flickering candle. The crimson flame started wiggling a small dance in the small gust made by Chris before slowly lighting itself off. Ash gray smoke started rising from the tip of the burnt candle and wavered in the air like the waves that were crashing on the beach right now.

“I don’t know why you bother trying to make a wish. It’s never going to come true.” Kyle said while rolling his eyes.

“Be quiet Kyle!” Jean snapped. “Well open your presents Chris.”

Chris immediately looked at the large present in front of him that says ‘From Mom’ on a greeting card on top of it. He immediately started to tear the present, that was half the size of his television in his room, like a paper shredder. Chris opened the flaps of the brown box under the wrapping paper and then stared at his new jet black Gamecube with two large black controllers at the side. Kyle just glared in anger as Chris stared at it in awe. Chris smiled with glee as he immediately started wondering what was in present number two.

The second present was only the size of a small book though, but he didn’t care. He already knew before he started unwrapping it that it was a new video game to go with the Gamecube. And sure enough he was right, as he opened the present from his father and looked at his new Resident Evil game. Chris slowly lifted the game up high in the air as Kyle’s face was filled with rage.

‘I finally have the game.’ Chris thought as his face was full of joy. ‘Nothing can ruin my birthday now.’

Kyle suddenly snatched the game from Chris’ grasp. He took the two small disks out of its case, threw them on the ground, and started stomping on them with glee. Chris stared in shock at Kyle while rage was slowly boiling inside of him, wanting revenge for breaking his new game. Kyle then looked at Chris with a dark smile, which fueled his rage even more.

“Kyle what the **** is wrong with you!?” Jean screamed at the top of her voice as she grabbed Kyle’s arm.

Chris barely paid any attention as he dazed off, now wishing that he was a psychic pokemon so that he could use Psychic attack on Kyle. He started imagining Kyle lifting off the ground and squirming like a worm in pain while Chris would have a pleasure look in his eyes as his rage suddenly hit the roof. Started thinking on how great it would be to watch him suffer like that.

“Oh ****, Kyle!” His mother yelled.

Chris suddenly snapped out of it as he stared at Kyle, who was lifting off the ground and squirmed in pain from the deep green aura surrounding him. Kyle’s bloodshot eyes started bulging like they were going to pop very soon like a hammer smashing grapes. He was then starting to spasm like an injured pokemon at a pokemon center that was about to get a shot from one of the nurses. His face was slowly starting to turn deep blue from not getting any air and was grabbing his neck like something was choking him. Chris stared in horror as Kyle dropped onto the ground gasping for fresh air and his face was no longer turning blue.

Chris ran into his room and locked the door behind him as a potted plant on the front porch exploded. Ralts suddenly teleported in the room as Chris sat there, wondering what happened as he then noticed a letter that was now on the bed. His bedroom window was opened and his mother’s Delibird was hanging around the window outside. He turned back towards the letter and started to open the small envelope. His mother was still yelling in panic while Chris started to read the letter.

‘Dear Mr. Chris Perseus,

You must take the Sharpedo Bus Line at the bus stop you usually go to in order to arrive at Slateport School of Pokemon. We usually don’t allow the parents to drive their kids to school, since it could block off traffic here. The bus will arrive at 6:45 AM tomorrow to pick you up and then pick up a few other students that will arrive at the Slateport train station.

Signed by,

Mrs. Beverly Coronas, Principal’s Assistant’

Next Chapter- Sharpedo Bus Line

Neo-Xantios
22nd July 2003, 08:23 AM
Another excellent chapter. The dream was once again described with sufficient detail for the reader to picture what's going on vividly. I particularly liked seeing Kyle taste the wrath of Psychic. I'll certainly be looking forward to the next chapter due to the fact that Chris'll finally be departing for his new school!

Mystic Latios
26th July 2003, 01:39 AM
Neo-Xantios=Well I'm sure you'll enjoy the next chapter. And thank you for commenting on how my story has been going so far.

Well heres the next chapter.

Restless Dreams

-The Mysterious Mist-

Chapter 4- Sharpedo Bus Line

After the small incident that morning, Chris’ mother made sure that he stayed in his room for the whole day, which didn’t bothered him at all. He would have done anything to stay away from Kyle. Later at night, his mother slipped the remaining presents that he hasn’t opened yet. Grandma got him a dried up dead rose for his birthday, go figure! His uncle, who was a pokemon researcher working for Professor Hale at the Ruins of Alph, got him a pokedex, which Chris hid behind his bed just in case Kyle decided to snoop around his room again to break something.

Luckily, he didn’t have any nightmares that night. He just had a weird dream about some weird ghost with a white mask floating around a jungle with a Shedinja by its side and behind it was an Absol, a Shiftry, a Kirlia, a Sceptile, and a Banette. He was glad when he woke up and forgot about the dream immediately, since it was very weird. It was about 6:00 in the morning as Chris started packing his clothes and his school supplies in a large, brown leather suitcase.

“Chris your breakfast is ready!” His mom shouted from the dining room, sounding like she was in a cheerful mood.

‘May be she finally forgot what happened yesterday.’ Chris prayed as he opened his bedroom door.

To Chris’ right were two doors. One right next to his bedroom leads to a bathroom. The other door across from the bathroom was Kyle‘s bedroom, which was covered in skull posters. The door next to Kyle‘s bedroom lead to his parent‘s bedroom. His brother‘s bedroom door slowly started to creak open while making a squeak. Kyle’s large eyes peered through the crack of the door and spotted Chris staring at him. Kyle, who noticed his brother staring at him, immediately slammed the door shut as Chris heard him lock the door.

‘Well at least I know that Kyle won’t be joining the family for breakfast.’ Chris grinned happily as he walked right into the dining room.

The deflated birthday party balloons were still hanging on the bottom of the chandelier, but the other decorations that were up yesterday were long gone now. A small plate full of food sat at his end of the table as he sat down on one of the dining room chairs. On the plate was a large amount of sizzling, crispy bacon dripping with grease with a steamy omelet covered in gooey yellow cheese, which was very slowly dripping off the omelet and flooding towards the bacon with a small amount of pepper on top.

Chris started gulfing down the food with hunger, like a Snorlax that hasn’t eaten for a month. He started cleaning his mouth, that was covered with cheese, with a paper napkin as he walked back into his bedroom quickly. Chris immediately picked up the poke ball by his television and pointed it at his Ralts, who was standing by his bed with a piece of toast in its small mouth.

“Ralts Raalllou heard of privacy? I’m trying to eat.” His Ralts spoke. Again, Chris was getting better at understanding what it was saying.

“Time to go back into your pokeball.” Chris ignored while showing it the pokeball.

“Ralts whatever.” Ralts said while slowly chewing the brown toast.

A small red beam rushed out of the button on the baseball-sized poke ball and hits Ralts. It slowly transformed into red energy as it was pulled into the now open poke ball by the red beam. The half white and half red poke ball immediately closed when the red beam vanished.

Chris threw his pokeball into the large suitcase and closed it while it made a snap sound, indicating that its locked. Chris started to change in a pair of dark brown shorts with tons of pockets like the last pair, but was now wearing a sea blue t-shirt with golden words saying ‘Slateport Museum’ on the front instead of the usual white t-shirt. After he put on his socks and sneakers, he checked the clock on the table. It read 6:43 AM.

‘Good thing the bus stop I usually take is right by my house,’ Chris though as he quickly dragged the heavy suitcase into the hall and towards the front door. His mother walked through the kitchen door and towards Chris with excitement.

“Got everything packed sweetie?” His mother asked sweetly.

“Yes mom.”

“Okay then. We’ll see you during the Christmas and Easter holidays.” Jean said while Chris made a large sigh, grabbing the front door handle. “Aren’t we forgetting something?”

“You have got to be joking.” Chris said in surprise, stopping dead in his tracks.

“You know the routine.” Jean said while lowering her head.

Glad that Kyle decided to stay in his bedroom, Chris made a small, quick peck on her cheek as his face turned red in embarrassment. Chris started wondering if his mother knew that they were not living in Pleasantville like in that movie. He opened the door and walked out quickly onto the front lawn while being greeted by the same warm breeze. The lawn was covered in dew from the moist air, which was starting to attract some Surskit from the beach. He was now on the sidewalk, which looked like giant blocks of sand stuck together with crazy glue.

“Have a good school year,” Jean waved at him and then suddenly had a stern face. “If I find out that you got a detention or a suspension then you’ll be in VERY big trouble!”

Chris turned to his left and made a VERY short walk to the end of the sidewalk, right at the main road of Slateport City. Chris turned to his right to find a very tall metal pole beside him with a blue circle sign on top with a picture of a bus on it. Chris looked at his watch on his right wrist to find out that it was 6:44 AM. He stood there impatiently, waiting for the bus to come along.

“Oh look Ruby, its Chrissy the Wussy!”

Chris turned around to find his old school bully, Andrew Dorf, behind him along with his pet Houndour. He was a foot taller than Chris with short, greasy black hair and deep brown eyes that would make a small kid run away in fear. He was wearing his baggy, faded black jeans with a large jet black t-shirt. On his feet were black leather boots that shined more brighter than a raging fire. Chris still can’t figure out why Andrew would want to try and look like a street gang member.

His Houndour was an inch higher than his knee in height. Its greasy fur was jet black, like Andrew’s t-shirt. Pearl white rings were wrapped around the pokemon’s ankles and a small part of its back with a round white lump on its head with two small holes, making it look like he was wearing a skull on its head. Deep orange fur grew around its belly and mouth area. The pokemon started snarling at Chris, showing its canine teeth that were almost as sharp as a steak knife. On the pokemon’s back were two large suitcases. Houndour struggled to keep itself up as Andrew’s girlfriend walked up behind it.

Her name was Ruby Tarb, the most snotty girl in Chris’ old school. She had the most curly red hair that Chris had ever seen, with its ends dyed in bright pink and she also has bright sky blue eyes. She was wearing a very short red skirt with a tight white t-shirt with a picture of a bright red rose on the front. She was wearing very small black sandals with long white socks. Some people mistaken her for a **** before just from the way she dresses, but Ruby keeps thinking that what she was wearing was the latest style that would keep her popular. Not to mention that she always makes sure that her friend, Brenda Bandai, never looks as good as her everyday. Chris checked his watch, now noticing that it was 6:45 PM, wondering where the bus is.

She glared at the way Andrew’s Houndour was struggling to carry their stuff with disgust. Andrew still kept his nose in the air with a proud look on his face. Ruby walked quickly towards Andrew while digging her pointy nose in the air.

“What is…..IT doing here?!” Ruby yelled while pointing at Chris.

“Don’t ask me. What the hell are you doing here weirdo?” Andrew asked, trying to sound like a punk in a motorcycle gang.

“I’m going to go to Slateport School of Pokemon.” I said quietly. Both of their faces started to go red with rage.

“WHAT?! THAT **** IS GOING THERE TOO?! My education is going to be ruined!” Ruby screamed while making a tantrum.

“Sorry, but in order to get an education, you’ll need a brain.” Chris started. “Unfortunately for you, the Rent-A-Brain shop that your ‘friend’ owns has closed now, so you’re probably gonna get a grade that you deserve at last, which is an F in every subject.”

The friend Chris was talking about was Ruby’s friend Brenda Bandai. Brenda was twice as smart as her friend, but Ruby didn’t want to admit it. He bet that Ruby made some kind of ransom on Brenda to do what she wants her to do; give her the answers to the tests and the homework. She was boiling with rage now, but she was now concentrating it on the Houndour.

“What is with your weak Houndour?!” Ruby snapped while Andrew took it offensively.

“Its not weak and its name is Cepheus!” Andrew started to argue, but Ruby interrupted.

“Get rid of that pest.” Ruby ordered while pointing at Chris again.

“I would if you didn’t use my pokemon to carry your heavy suitcase.”

“Fine!” Ruby yelled while taking out her pokeball. “Eliminate this scrawny insect Cassiopeia!”

Ruby then threw the poke ball into the air. It opened immediately and released a bright white light that slammed onto the ground like a meteor. The light slowly transformed into her pokemon, a Gloom. It was only a few inches taller than Cepheus and was started to drool and walk around, like it was drowsy. Its body was purple/blue and was in the same shape as a basketball. A small brown bloom with white moldy spots was on top of its head with dried, long orange leaves sticking out from between the dry bloom and Gloom’s head.

Cassiopeia lowered its head slightly towards Chris while making a dark grin from its spit-covered mouth. He knew it was going to use Stun Spore on him, since it always tries to use that attack on him when he is nearby. Chris was about to reach for Ralts’ pokeball, until he realized that it was in his suitcase. Before he opens his suitcase and got it out, he would probably be already paralyzed. Chris started to prepare to duck as the Gloom was about to release its paralyzing spores.

“Body Slam it Muk!”

A large purple sludge pile that was a foot lower than his height, a Muk, quickly slammed into Cassiopeia, knocking it out instantly. Its beady eyes were full of energy and excitement about the battle as it did a small victory dance. All three turned to find that the Sharpedo Bus Line had already arrived as the bus driver walked out of it, glaring at Ruby and Andrew.

“Alright rule number one, no pokemon allowed on the bus and at the BUS STOPS. You will return those pokemon back into their pokeballs, or I’ll make you do it.”

“But we need Houndour here to carry our luggage.” Ruby started to whine.

“Oh well too bad missy.” The bus driver yelled as Ruby’s face started turning red again.

“But that’s not fair!”

“Life is never fair. Get over it.”

Chris ran onto the bus quickly as the driver , Andrew, and Ruby started arguing. Outside the bus, it was mostly metal gray with a picture of a Sharpedo eating a bus stop sign saying ‘Sharpedo Bus Line’ beside it. Small windows wrapped around the bus so that no matter where you are on the bus, you would always have some kind of view of the city. Inside the bus was also mostly gray too, except for the seats. There were two long rows of seats with fluffy, ocean blue cushions. Above the seats were large racks where the luggage was put.

Chris walked to the very back of the bus, where there was just one giant seat the size of a couch that filled the very back space. As he sat on it, he felt like he was sitting on a fluffy cloud wing of an Altaria. He had a feeling the seats were made from the finest of Mareep wool from a place near Azalea Town in Johto. Chris then shoved his suitcase at the shelf below the couch-like seat as Andrew and Ruby stormed onto the bus with large frowns on their faces.

Chris closed his eyes and started to relax as he watch the bus driver force both Andrew and Ruby to sit in the very front seat. The Muk sat behind them, making sure they don’t start causing any trouble while on the bus. Chris started to go into a deep sleep as the bus started to move down Main Street. Chris also wondered on how he would know how soft an Altaria’s wings are when he had never seen or touched one in his life, since he had only known the name Altaria in the Hoenn Gym Leaders Guide Book back at home.

Next Chapter- New Friends

Neo-Xantios
26th July 2003, 02:31 AM
An amazing chapter! That one was the most enjoyable! However, I still feel sorry for Chris because he is despised by many people. The arrival of Muk was my favorite part. And I liked how Chris countered the fool's statement. Keep it up! I'm glad Chris will finally have real friends in the next chapter.

Mystic Latios
28th July 2003, 04:11 PM
Neo-Xantios=You'll be surprise to see who his new friends are. Glad that you enjoyed that chapter.

I have a little bit of writer's block for this story, which is why I haven't posted the next chapter yet. Plus, I'm already thinking of the first chapter on my new fic, which I plan on posting here sometime this week.

Neo-Xantios
28th July 2003, 08:23 PM
Aww, so does that mean "Restless Dreams: The Mysterious Myst" will be cancelled? Hmm..... But I do look forward to reading this new fic of yours. Good luck on it!

Mystic Latios
28th July 2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Neo-Xantios
Aww, so does that mean "Restless Dreams: The Mysterious Myst" will be cancelled? Hmm..... But I do look forward to reading this new fic of yours. Good luck on it!

No this story will not be cancelled. I plan on finishing this story. The new fic will be a trainer fic, but won't concentrate only on gyms and catching pokemon.

Mystic Latios
31st July 2003, 02:31 AM
This one is a pretty short chapter (since I did this one at night and wanted to finish it quickly).

Restless Dreams

-The Mysterious Mist-

Chapter 5- New Friends

Chris suddenly woke up as the bus started bouncing from a crack on the black concrete road. The Muk was still watching Andrew and Ruby while the bus driver kept his eyes on the road ahead of them. To his left passed a large pale concrete building with an enormous parking lot. All of the parking spots there were filled with different kinds of cars, vans, trucks, motorcycles, and even bicycles while other vehicles kept driving around, waiting for a vehicle to go out of a parking spot. On the top of the building above the entrance were large crimson letters glowing the words ‘PokeMart’.

A small grin came on Chris’ face as he thought of the remark that he said to Ruby. Usually in situations like that, he stays quiet while they keep on insulting him or using him as a punching bag. Instead he actually fought back instead of soaking the insults and beat ups into his head like a sponge. He also thought how lucky he was that the Muk got there in time before Gloom could stun him, making him an easy target for Andrew.

The bus suddenly made a sharp left turn right in front of the Pokemon Center, which was in the shape of a giant pokeball, big enough to fit three floors into the building. A few minutes later, The bus made a sharp right turn and was driving towards the Pokemon Contest building. Right before Chris could actually observe the contest building, the bus suddenly made a left turn and started turning left again into a large parking lot with only a few cars there, but there were a few buses by the train station entrance.

The bus driver stopped the bus by the entrance along with the other buses. The train station itself had an oriental looking roof and the walls were made of dark oak wood. Covering the doors was copper plates, each with a lily pattern design along the edges and two small windows on each door. The bus doors opened suddenly as a few people walked onto the bus. All of them looked like they didn’t get very much sleep during their trip. Most of them sat in the middle of the bus, far away from both Andrew and Chris. The last two people caught Chris’ eye as they slowly walk towards the back of the bus, trying to drag their suitcases along.

Both of them looked to be about Chris’ age and were both thin like him. The man was a few inches taller than him. His deep blue hair was very messy and looked almost exactly like Chris’ hair and his eyes were brown/red. He was wearing dark, mustard yellow shorts with only two back pockets and a white shirt with a blue border on the ends of the sleeves. On his feet were a pair of black sneakers with small white socks that barely passed his ankles.

He thought he had seen him somewhere before as he then stared at the girl behind him in shock. She was only an inch shorter than him, with long red hair reaching to her shoulders and amber-like eyes. She was wearing a floppy yellow/green hat on her head and a small yellow/green skirt with a white dressed shirt, making her look like a tennis player. Chris recognized her as that Tanya girl in the dream that he had two days ago. The man in front of her also looked like the dark shape in his dream that was in the van. Chris tried to hide his surprise look as they walked right up to him.

“Excuse me, but could we sit here?” Tanya asked politely while giving him the innocent eyes look.

“No I mean….okay.” Chris startled.

“Thanks”

Chris started feeling like smacking himself in the head as both of them sat on both sides of him while putting their suitcases under the seat. Both of them sat back in exhaustion. Their eyes were a little bloodshot as they struggled to stay up.

“Let me guess, bad train ride.” I blurted out loud.

“You wouldn’t believe it. Some punk kid kept running around the train, smacking a walking stick on the seats for fun. Then after the conductor finally got him to stop, someone’s baby started crying throughout the rest of the night.” The blue haired man complained.

“Well that sucks.”

“Oh and by the way, the name is Jon. Jon Latiso. And she is my cousin, Tanya Latasi.” Jon introduced while holding out his hand.

“I’m Chris Perseus. Nice to meet you.” He said while shaking his hand. “So you excited to go to Slateport School of Pokemon?”

“Well of course I am. I’m also excited about the school pokemon tournament they usually have there every year.”

“They have tournaments?” Chris puzzled.

“What pokemon school doesn’t?” Jon said in surprise by Chris’ lack of knowledge of the school. “They usually have a competition between the students. Then the top four trainers get to compete in the Hoenn Schools Tournament where four different schools compete for the trophy. I bet your now planning on entering in that tournament.”

“Well not really.” Chris said while slouching, thinking why did he let them sit by him.

“You sure? I’ll enter if my Metapod ever evolves into a Butterfree.” Tanya said quickly.

“So what pokemon do you have Chris?” Jon curiously asked with his left eye brow up.

“I have a Ralts, but…”

“That a cool pokemon. I don’t see why you won’t enter the tournament. I heard that pokemon can be really strong.” Tanya interrupted.

Tanya and Jon stared at him with a curious look in their eyes. Chris ignored the stare and started thinking about may be entering the small tournament and wondering when it starts in the first place. Suddenly, a large paper ball the size of a baseball smacks him on the fore head. Chris stares at the paper, since it says ‘Beat the living crap out of you at the school entrance’.

“Who threw that?” Jon yelled out loud while most of the people glared at him, since his yelling woke them up.

“I did.“ Andrew said while he slowly turned around and faced them with a large grin on his face. “That note is none of your business.”

“Sorry, but I usually interfere with people’s business when there is a person who looked like he drank several cases of beer and passed out on a Muk in a garbage can, which is probably your bedroom in your house.” Jon said calmly while a piece of sludge from the bus driver’s Muk falls onto Andrew’s head.

Andrew took it offensively as started cursing silently. Everyone that woke up on the bus now glared at Andrew and Ruby with a ticked off look on their faces. He definitely won’t be friends with these people. Andrew then immediately stood up and was about to storm towards the back of the bus to attack him, until the bus driver started shoving him back into his seat.

“Sit down you delinquent. I don’t allow people to get up from their seats when the bus starts to move.” He said as he walked back to the driver’s seat and closed the bus doors.

“Who was that @***ole anyway?” Jon asked with a frown on his face.

“His name is Andrew Dorf.” Chris answered.

“More like Andrew Dork than Andrew Dorf.” Tanya remark.

“I’m starting to like these two already.” Chris said to himself while grinning, thinking about his new friends.

The three started talking about their pokemon as the bus slowly drove out of the parking lot. It turned right back onto the road that was in front of the contest building and headed east towards its new destination, the Slateport school.

Next Chapter- The Four Towers

Neo-Xantios
2nd August 2003, 08:25 PM
Another great chapter, SaffronTrainer. I'm glad Chris got some really good friends there. That chapter felt a little short though... Anyway, Andrew reminds me of a person I know who used to be cool, but now he's dorky. His name is Condorky, just to let you know. :D

EmpressMyuu
3rd August 2003, 11:03 PM
The story seems a lot like Harry Potter...only a million times more cool. I'm liking this. Keep it up.

Mystic Latios
3rd August 2003, 11:28 PM
Neo-Xantios=Yes finally Chris gets a few new friends. He'll have a few more friends during this story.

EmpressMyuu=Hurray a new reader! Glad you're enjoying it so far.:)

I've decided to cancel the other fanfic I was going to make. I suddenly got a better idea for an origional story, which I MIGHT decide to type down and may be post it on this forum. I haven't even started typing the next chapter yet (which I'm planning on posting during this week hopefully).

Neo-Xantios
4th August 2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by SaffronTrainer
I suddenly got a better idea for an origional story, which I MIGHT decide to type down and may be post it on this forum.

Hey, me too. Original stories are always fun to read and write and if you post that story here at TPM, I'll be reading as avidly as I read this fic. BTW, I'm beginning a fic of the fantasy genre which might be posted here by tomorrow.

Mystic Latios
15th August 2003, 08:09 AM
Sorry that I haven't posted a chapter up yet. My computer monitor decided to break and I had to wait several days for a new one.:mad: I'm now finally back working on it so I'll post it either sometime today or tomorrow.

Mystic Latios
16th August 2003, 09:37 AM

Restless Dreams

-The Mysterious Mist-

Chapter 6- The Four Towers

A low, dense mist swirled lightly with the unusually strong sea breeze around the road area as the large Sharpedo bus drove on by quickly, nearly hitting nearby car that were honking their car horn in fury. The people on the bus could barely see the beach sitting by the right side of the road, with the ocean waves thrashing against the sandy beach like a savage animal attacking an innocent infant in the wild.

Almost everyone was in a deep sleep, even Andrew Dorf and his girlfriend, which was a relief to everyone on the bus, except for their snoring. Chris could hear the ocean waves pounded the shoreline with a rhythmic beat that could make anyone fall asleep. Chris, Tanya, Jon, and obviously the bus driver were the only ones struggling to stay awake.

“So which dorm are you going to be in?” Jon asked, expecting an answer a second later.

“Ummmm……” Chris dumbfounded. He had no idea how they organized on which dorm people go to.

“You don’t even know?” Jon raised an eyebrow.

“Well…..” Chris stuttered in embarrassment.

“Its pretty simple to figure out. They organize people into their dorms by their birth date. So when is your birthday?”

“It was yesterday.”

“Really? That’s cool. That means you’ll be in the same tower that I’ll be in, which is Voltaic Tower.” Jon said in surprised tone.

“You see,” Tanya began her hypnotic prophet-like speech while Jon groaned, preparing for her usual torture speech. “this school was founded a hundred years ago, which is about the same time that this city itself was founded, by four people; Flora Edanna, Virginia Voltaic, Arthur Amateria, and Lyle Narayan. Yes I know it sounds very Harry Potterish, but just bare with me and pay attention. That means you too Jon!“

Tanya smack the earplugs out of Jon’s hands with a ticked off look on her face. Jon looked like he was going to fall asleep like an audience at a concert that was listening to a Jigglypuff’s song as she continued with the long history lesson.

“Together, they all funded to make this school to teach people on how to care for pokemon and to get rid of the rumors and beliefs of pokemon and teach the truth about some misunderstood pokemon like Absol. They also made four dorm towers that were named after them. Their own pokemon represented each of the towers named after them. Flora Edanna was the owner of a Sunflora and loved to garden a lot and also had a greenhouse inside the school somewhere on the second floor. Its probably a classroom now. Virginia Voltaic was the owner of a Kingdra and had always enjoyed living by the ocean, which is why the school was built right by the coast.

Arthur Amateria owned an Absol and used to have a job as an environmentalist. He seemed also interested in studying about the ocean like Virginia Voltaic. And last, but not least, Lyle Narayan was the proud owner of a Gardevoir, and was also a very good gardener. He was an astronomer for a few years before he decided to help the building for the school by funding. I heard that his Gardevoir is still somehow alive today and has been staying at the school after all these years. Of course it is in no condition to battle against other pokemon, since its very old.

Thirty years later, something happened to one of the founders and left, though I can’t remember which one it was. Anyway, they had a system of organizing people into their dorms by which season they were born in. People that were born in the summer months end up in Voltaic Tower, which is you. The ones born in the autumn months end up in Amateria Tower, ones born during the winter months go to Narayan Tower, and people born in spring months go to Edanna Tower. I was born in April so…”

“So she is going to end up in Edanna Tower.” Jon rudely interrupted, wanting the horrid speech to end. “When is Andrew Dork and his pet ****’s birthday anyway?”

“He was born in the month of October. His girlfriend is also born in October.” Chris cheered quietly, while making a small chuckle at the **** joke.

“And the kids who aren’t going to Amateria Tower are now making a big sigh of relief.” Tanya joked along as everyone that was asleep on the bus made a large snore in unison.

The bus suddenly made a sharp left turn as everyone’s suitcases started sliding to the right side of the bus, slamming into some people‘s legs and smashing on their feet. Some people even have fallen off their seats from the sudden turn. As you can guess, everyone was now wide awake and almost as pissed off as when Andrew mistakenly woke them up. They all started yelling at the bus driver, who was already in a bad mood from dealing Andrew and Ruby when he arrived at the bus stop.

“You kids be quiet!” The driver yelled over their voices. “We’re less than a minute away from the school.”

A large building slowly appeared through the mist, which was slowly lifting from the warm rays from the sun slowly reaching towards high noon. Chris was expecting to see the school as an old castle like in that Harry Potter movie. Instead, it looked like a giant, concrete square building with tons of multi-colored pane windows showing murals of sunflowers, crescent moons, giant waves, and palm trees at different places around the building.

At the front of the building were two huge redwood doors that made him thought that a giant lived there, with carvings of a bouncing happy Sunflora that looked as if it was enjoying the small warmth of the sunlight hitting the doors, an Absol with a threatening, carnivorous look on its face, a strong looking Kingdra that looked like it was going to use a hydro pump attack at any minute on the small parking lot, and a calm and graceful looking Gardevoir that looked like it was in the middle of a ballroom dance.

Above the doors was a large stain glass window that was half the size of the doors, with more colors than a rainbow after a rainstorm. Above the window was a large sign that said ‘Slateport School of Pokemon’ in large, bold black letters. The outside walls of the building were partially gray with lots of thick vines climbing up the walls, trying to reach something that was out of sight. Attach to each corner of the building was a huge tower covered in the multi-colored pane windows. The tower was also in a square shape, towering towards the sky with its flat roof. In short, it looked like a state prison with new windows and without the bars covering the windows.

The bus made an abrupt stop in front of the huge, elegant entrance doors. The sudden jerk of the bus made most of the people to fall forwards out of their comfy seats that they have used as bed cushions. The suitcases also moved out of their places again and landed in the middle of the bus. The bus doors slowly opened as the bus driver yelled about getting off. Everyone started looking for their suitcase as Andrew and Ruby stood up with a briefcase in their hands.

“Come Ruby. Ladies first.” Andrew elegantly said to his girlfriend as she fluttered her eye lids as fast as a race car speeding by on the race track.

“I guess that means you’re getting off the bus first then Andrew.” Jon smirked.

Andrew ignored him as he and Ruby walked off the bus with the Muk following them. The Muk tripped on the first step and accidentally fell on top of Andrew, making a big splat sound as its body mostly covered him except for his head.

“GET IT OFF OF ME!” screamed Andrew as he tried to shove the giant, slimy pokemon off.

Ruby released her Gloom from its pokeball as it started shooting it’s sleep powder attack on the Muk. The Muk retaliated by slowly trying to form something into its large mouth. It suddenly spat a large, round piece of its own filthy sludge at the Gloom, exploding on impact and several pieces from the Sludge Bomb scattered onto the outside of the bus, even Ruby.

“Oh great I have to clean the bus again!” groaned the bus driver as he returned his Muk into a weird black and white colored pokeball.

“You? What about me?! I’m covered in sludge and so is my Gloom!” whined Ruby as she started watering her eyes, making it look like she was about to cry. But Chris knew that she was looking for pity among the people.

No one made fun of them, since some of them were also had pieces of sludge on them because some of the bus windows were opened. Ruby returned her fainted pokemon as she and Andrew stormed through the school doors with a pissed off look on their faces. Chris, Jon, and Tanya were lucky enough to be sitting by closed windows as they stared at the wet fertilizer-looking sludge. Everyone slowly got off the bus, trying not to step on the sludge and off the bus.

The small group walked through the now opened entrance doors and into the lobby. The lobby looked like a gigantic ballroom from a fairy tale, probably like the ballroom in the story of Cinderella. The floor was covered in small white marble squares, which are unfortunately stained from the sludge footprints. The walls were covered in a royal blue wallpaper with very tiny flower and vine patterns stretching towards the ceiling. The ceiling itself looked liked it was painted by Leonardo Davinchi, with large murals of green forests and stormy seas. On all corners of the large, two story lobby were large roman pillars, keeping the ceiling up. In the center of the ceiling was a huge crystal chandelier, which was the same width as Chris’ bedroom.

The elegant staircase in the very back of the room also had wide, white marble steps that started to climb in the center of the back wall and then branched off and turned into a long balcony, wrapping around the edges of the rooms. Its railings were made of dark, polished maple wood with carvings of long Dragonairs wrapping around the railing bars as if they were using Wrap attack on them. On both sides of the rooms on the balcony were two pearl white double doors with door knobs that looked liked they were made from solid gold.

On the main floor to their left was a large sitting area with coffee tables and rosewood chairs with the most fluffy blue pillows Chris had ever seen. By the sitting area were two double doors that lead to unknown rooms. On either side of the staircase on the back wall also had two double doors that were opened, revealing a hallway that probably lead to classrooms. To the group’s right was a reception area that made it look as if this school was really a four star hotel. Andrew and Ruby started walking away from the reception desk and towards the classroom hallway past under the staircase, either heading to their rooms or to a hospital wing. Chris, Jon, and Tanya stared at the room in awe as everyone else was already heading towards the reception desk, where two people were already standing, waiting to give instructions on how to get to their dorm rooms.

“I never seen a school like this before!” Tanya partially awed.

“I can’t wait to see what our dorms look like.” Chris said as he ran towards the long line to the reception desk.

Fifteen minutes later, Chris finally was next in line. He looked at a middle aged woman waiting behind the counter with thick black glasses and black hair with small hints of gray tied in a large bun. She was wearing an old emerald green dress with white frills around the collar of her sleeve and the collar around her wrinkled neck. She glared at Chris with her piercing brown eyes and then stared at a list next to her hand.

“Let’s see…..Perseus, Chris…..Perseus, Chris…..Ah here we are! You’ll be staying at room B12 in the Narayan Tower.” She said quietly as she gave him a key with the picture of a Gardevoir on it. Chris started to worry, since his birthday was in the summer months and not the winter months.

“Um miss? I think you got me in the wrong tower. I was born in the summer and I’m suppose to be in Voltaic Tower.”

“Sorry, but the list has never been wrong before. It says that you were born in December the 18th. If you still think its wrong, you can go see the principal at her office tomorrow. She is busy giving instructions and a tour to a few of the new teachers today.

Narayan Tower is strait through those doors in the back and then turn left. You will then go down the hall and then turn right. Keep going down that hall and you’ll eventually see the entrance door to the Tower. You can’t miss it.” grouched the reception lady as she pointed her bony finger towards the doors.

Chris walked towards the doors, wondering how they could mix up his birthday with someone else’s birthday. Jon stood there impatiently in the hallway as Chris stood by him with a face full of dread. Jon notices it and started to make a worried frown on his face.

“What’s wrong?”

“For some reason I’m going to have to stay at Narayan Tower." Chris said sadly. "I KNOW they mixed up the birth dates and got it wrong, but that lady wouldn’t believe me.”

“Well that sucks.” answered Jon. “Well I’ll see you in Voltaic Tower when you talked to the principal about this.”

Jon started walking to the hall to the right as Chris continued down the hall to reach the dorm tower. Instead of wondering about the mix up, he started wondering why Jon didn’t looked that surprised when he told him about what the reception lady told him. It’s as if he knew it would happen all along. He then turned into the next hall towards a small pot full of shriveled, dead daisies sitting by the entrance to a large church-like room full of desks. Chris started wondering when they were going to replace the plants and get new ones as he walked by them, not noticing that they were now blooming back to life. And the dense mist outside was starting to thicken like pea soup as it started to swirl around the school in the sea breeze.

Next Chapter- Principal Honshu

Chris 2.1
16th August 2003, 10:07 AM
So far i've read umm...up to Chapter 2 but it's very good, very remeniscent of CL-ROR in its description, but thats a good thing! I never got to appreciate that fic, it didn't unfold to reveal a beauty of a fanfic in time...................

Blah, this is great though: mysterious, mystical...it has Shiftry (counts for a lot, hehe) so I'll keep reading!

ps - did you know I'm called Chris?

Mystic Latios
16th August 2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by ShinyMarill
So far i've read umm...up to Chapter 2 but it's very good, very remeniscent of CL-ROR in its description, but thats a good thing! I never got to appreciate that fic, it didn't unfold to reveal a beauty of a fanfic in time...................

Blah, this is great though: mysterious, mystical...it has Shiftry (counts for a lot, hehe) so I'll keep reading!

ps - did you know I'm called Chris?

My name is also Chris:D I'm glad you're enjoying the story so far. I don't remember putting a Shiftry in any of the chapters, yet anyway*hint hint*

Venasaur89
16th August 2003, 10:49 AM
Hi, great story! I just read the prologue and liked it a lot. But I think you had way too much description which could result in making readers boring. There were none grammer/spelling errors.

Keep it up!

classy_cat18
16th August 2003, 11:27 AM
Hey, nice fic you got here! Very interesting. This may be just me, but I can see a couple of similarities to my fic. A Harry Potter feel and a brother that you can despise! But still, keep those chapters going!

EmpressMyuu
16th August 2003, 02:20 PM
You've done it again, SaffronTrainer! Another excellent chapter! :D And don't worry, the extra descriptions only make the story more interesting, like I'm watching a movie. Keep up the good work!

Mystic Latios
23rd August 2003, 08:52 PM
The chapters might not come as often as it had during the summer, since I am now back in high school. The next chapter should be the longest chapter so far in this story.

Venasaur89- Sometimes I like using lots of description so that the reader can see in their minds what the scenery looks like. Glad you enjoyed the prologue.

classy_cat18- I think I started posting this story before I first read your fanfic. And I'm still reading it too. Yea I just notice the similarities too. But the reason Chris can talk to pokemon is definately different than how your character got the talent.

EmpressMyuu- The next chapter should be even better than the last one and will add another mystery or two to the story.:D Glad your enjoying it so far.

Mystic Latios
6th September 2003, 11:40 PM
In celebration of my birthday, I'll now post this long chapter. Enjoy!

Restless Dreams

-The Mysterious Mist-

Chapter 7- Principal Honshu

It took a while for Chris to find the entrance to the Narayan Tower, because the door was disguised as a human sized painting. On it was a flaking painting of a Gardevoir in a tall library with an 18th century, copper plated frame around it. At the bottom of the small painting was a large crimson button the size of his thumb. Chris pressed the large button with his thumb as the giant painting started gliding to the left, revealing a large hole in the stone wall. He slowly walked through the doorway with his suitcase.

He entered the large Narayan common room while staring at the luxurious room with awe. The room had tall, golden roman pillars around the circled room with royal purple wallpaper wrapped on the smooth walls. To his left was an extravagant white marble fireplace with dozens of large championship cups on them shimmering from a huge crystal chandelier hanging on the fresco ceiling. Above the fireplace was a painting of a man in his 30s and surrounding the fireplace were large and puffy chairs and couches made from the finest Mareep wool in Hoenn. Straight ahead of him was a large window that extended to the ceiling, letting in the small amount of sunshine that existed outside in the ever thickening mist.

To his right was a large, curving staircase that looked just like the one in the school lobby, curling up the stairs to two different doorways. One of the doorways had the large, black word ‘Men’ above it and the other had the word ‘Women hanging over the doorway. Chris crept up the stairs slowly and through the ‘Men’ doorway. In front of him was a long curving hallway, with its walls covered in doors with room numbers on them. The walls were covered with the same wallpaper as the common room and had small crystal lamps hanging on the ceiling, illuminating the partially dark hallway. To his immediate right were even more stairs leading up to an unknown number of floors.

“I feel as if I were in a funhouse.” Chris groaned out loud.

One of the doors with the numbers A02 slammed outward while a hyperactive kid a few inches smaller than Chris, wearing a weird ninja outfit ran out the door. The ninja kid with the messy, jet black hair slammed right into Chris, knocking them both off their feet and onto the polished wood floor. A large, mustard color Shedinja, which was the size of a computer monitor, slowly floated out of the same dorm room, guiding its body with its desert dry wings extending from its back. It eerily glared at them with its deep hollow eyes, surrounded by a crusty, shell-like skin while both of them slowly got up. A thick, misty ring floated above it. Chris picked up his suitcase that was knocked out of his hand while the young boy stood up in embarrassment.

“Sorry about that.” He angelically said, hanging his head down in shame. “I just wanted to quickly explore the place with my grandpa’s Shedinja.”

“Apology accepted.” Chris said while the kid’s head lifted with a slowly forming smile on his innocent looking face. “I just got here this morning. My name is Chris Perseus. What’s your name?”

“I’m Takashi Oshima. Nice to meet you.” Takashi respectfully answered while making a polite small bow. “Where are you from anyway?”

“I actually live in Slateport City with my family. My brother can sometimes be a pain in the butt sometimes.”

“I wouldn’t know, since I’m an only child.” Takashi continued. “I live in the rainforest near Fortree City with my father, a respectable ninja, and my mother, who is a very good cook. My father owns a Ninjask, while I got a Shedinja from my grandpa. Its very good at surviving psychic attacks and also…”

“Well I need to get to my dorm room, but I’m not sure where it is. Its B12.” Chris interrupted.

“Oh,” Takashi said with an aggravated tone, but quickly cheered up. “Well go up those stairs to the second floor where all of the B rooms are. You should be able to find it from there.”

“Thanks.”

“Well I better get back to exploring the school. Hurry up Shedinja.” Takashi said.

Takashi immediately went back into hyper kid mode as he ran past Chris and into the common room with his Shedinja floating not far behind him. He turned and started walking up the steep, dark pine wood stairs with his suitcase, trying not to trip on them. Each step seemed to echoed throughout the tower as Chris started concentrating about the weird dreams. It seemed as if his dreams were predicting the future, but what the heck is the strange creature that seemed to be hunting him? Why was Tanya carrying her Metapod while running when she could return it to her pokeball? Is the creature some sort of monster that could only exist in someone’s nightmare? How could the school mix up his birth date? Will these stairs ever going to end already?! He was still wondering the last question when they would end as he finally reached it and stepped off the stairs.

He walked into another hallway, exhausted. The hallway looked exactly the same as the one at the bottom of the stairs. He started having a bad feel in his stomach as he looked at one of the doors to see how far he was from his dorm. He suddenly went pale and went into a panicking state when he saw that the door had Z01 on it.

“You have GOT to be kidding me!” Chris yelled out loud in frustration.

He started sprinting down the stairs like a gazelle in a stampede, searching every several floors to see how near he was to the right hallway. He suddenly felt his frustration rise even more when he remembered that he left his suitcase all the way at the top floor. Feeling angry about his stupidity, he rushed back to the top and grabbed his luggage with the stealth of a Pidgeot.

It seemed to take forever as Chris finally reached the right floor. He stood by the stairs breathing heavily like a dog panting on a hot day. He felt as if his body would collapse onto the floor at any minute and really wanted to rest. Unfortunately, he still has to find his dorm room.

“Well, its better than being home with Kyle.” Chris said to himself, trying to concentrate on the positive stuff.

It pretty much worked as he walked slowly down the hall, smiling at the thought while staring at each door passing him. B05, B06, B07, B08. He was suddenly now glad that his room was B12 and not a room like B95. B10, B11, and then finally, B12. His spirit started to lift as he searched his pocket for the key. His smile suddenly faded from his face and panic now rushed into him again as he pulled the pockets out of his pants, finding only 25 cents and a piece of paper. The thought of searching the stairs made him feel light headed.

‘Why should it be me to search for it.’ He thought as an idea started to form in his head.

He quickly opened his suitcase and grabbed his pokeball in a tight grip. He started to make a smile on his face again. He decided to just let his Ralts teleport the key back to him. He also started smacking his head for not using it to teleport him to his dorm room. He tossed the pokeball as it opened by itself. A large bright light bursts out of it and landed onto the floor, forming into his psychic pokemon.

“Ralts, can you just teleport up to the top floor of this tower and find a key?”

“Raltssss ral rallttssslllong as I get to stay out of the pokeball for a while.”

“Deal.” Chris said while he stood back.

Ralts closed its hidden eyes and slowly started to concentrate. Its body made a small violet glow as its violet aura covered it. The violet aura slowly shrank and suddenly, Ralts was no longer there. It seemed only a minute passed by as Ralts returned in a small flash with a key in its small hand.

“Thanks Ralts.”

Chris inserted the key into the lock on the door knob and turned it slowly. He suddenly felt very happy as he heard a click sound, indicating that the door was now unlocked. He turned the knob and slowly opened the door. Chris and his pokemon entered into a small hall only 3 or 4 feet long. To his right was a door that lead to a bathroom. He made a couple of steps and saw his new dorm. It was the same size as his bedroom. With the same wallpaper and the same kind of window right across the room. The bed was also in the same place, even the dresser drawer and the television.

He didn’t really wanted to care about it now. He just wanted to get some rest. He dropped his suitcase and jumped onto his bed. The bed was softer and fluffier than his own bed back home. It helped him relax and forgetting that the door was suddenly closing by itself as his eyes slowly closed and he prepared to take another visit into dream land.

Chris was now standing at the edge of a thick forest full of large trees, with there branches reaching outwards. The mist surrounding him was now as thick as pea soup, making it very difficult to see the trees near him, as it started swirling around him like a raging dust devil in a farmer’s dusty cornfield. The mist was also flowing very smoothly, like cake batter slowly being poured into a cake pan before being put into an oven. The sun was fighting a loosing battle, trying to stab its rays of light through the monstrous fog to no avail.

The temperature was blood freezing, making him think that icicles would form under his numb nose. It seemed as if he were in the middle of a blizzard, even though he knew that it wasn’t even near winter yet. The wind wasn’t helping either, making it feel like it was absolute zero outside. Even though it was cold outside, he could hear distant people playing and laughing at a beach nearby, as if it was summer over there. It was also a problem to him, because he was wearing his shorts and his t-shirt with bare feet on the hard, icy ground.

It was so cold that Chris couldn’t move a muscle without feeling even more of a chill. His eyes slowly scanned the surrounding area like a radar examining the coming thunderstorm. He slowly started thinking on what’s out there right now, and the thoughts going around in his head about what is out there made the situation even more frightening. It’s as if he was suddenly put into a Silent Hill game. All that was missing is the demon monsters.

His face twitched in fear as a football shaped shadow slowly formed near him, spinning towards him in a slow pace. Chris tried to force his frozen body to start moving quickly as the shadow slowly showed its true form. It looked like a giant acorn the size of a football with a gray shell on top of its head with a small stem extending up. Two round, yellow circles were just below the shell with small, yellow pupils surrounded in black. On the bottom of it were two, acorn-shaped feet that were slowly crawling through the frost covered grass. The Seedot suddenly tripped as it fell on its face, no longer trying to continue marching towards him.

Chris slowly moved his numb hands towards the Seedot and was going to attempt to pick it up. Just when he was going to grip it in his cold hands, they suddenly became transparent and went through Seedot’s frozen body. Chris stumbled backward and landed on the ground in surprise and his hands shot right out of it’s body. He started staring at his hands, wondering if he was a ghost now and no longer part of the living.

“Wait a minute. If I’m dead, why do I still feel the cold and not seeing a light at the end of a tunnel? I must be dreaming again. Yea that right, I’m just dreaming. Just dreaming…” Chris started chanting to himself while staying on the ground with his hands over his cold ears.

He suddenly put his hands down and turned around, now noticing that he was surrounded by Seedot corpses, slowly rotting with hundreds of flies landing and feeding on them. Loud, large footsteps echoed everywhere as large shapes started looming in the distance. Chris started feeling a bit unease as the looming shapes slowly formed into giant Shifty, trying to use the leaves on the ends of their arms to shove the flies away and trying to wake up the Seedot to no avail.

Chris felt an overwhelming feeling of sadness as one of the Shiftry started shedding tears from its glaring eyes, staring at a young Seedot that could be its child. It kept on shaking the Seedot, not wanting to admit that its dead and wanted it to wake up and cuddle in its arms. It never happened. It made a loud cry into the sky as Chris watched the depressing scene and started feeling sorry for it.

A few small lights lit up in the dark mist as he heard human footsteps running towards him. He turned toward the sound, only to face a scarf covered face with gray, flesh-like hair and glowing red eyes glaring into his.

Chris woke up, startled and with his face covered in sweat. He scanned the area around him, to find that he was back in his dorm room, lying on his bed. He turned his head left, trying to find out how long he had been asleep. He finally found a clock next to him on a small bedside table, which was saying that it was 6:00 AM.

‘I slept through the afternoon and evening without eating lunch or dinner?’ Chris started thinking in shock. ‘How is it possible to sleep throughout the rest of the day and wake up the next morning? And with only one dream during that whole night?’

He then looked in front of him to find that his Ralts was covered in frost, freezing and shaking. Chris pulled off the blankets off his bed and smothered them around his Ralts, trying to unfreeze it. He had to pull the covers off of its head since he was suffocating him.

“Sorry about that, but how did you end up this way?” Chris questioned it.

“Raall…..Ralll…..dream…”

“What?”

“Ralllttsss…..your dream…”

‘A dream?’ Chris wondered, now slowly remembering the dream he just had a few minutes ago. He then suddenly remembered that he needed to talk to the principal about the mix up. He rushed to the door and opened it. Takashi suddenly rammed into him along with his Shedinja, trying to enter the room.

“What are you doing here?!” Chris yelled suddenly.

“Sorry to barge in, but I needed to visit you. Why didn’t you come for dinner last night? Were you sick?”

“No, I think I was so tired that I slept through the rest of the day.” Chris answered.

“You fell asleep for almost twenty-four hours?!”

“Well my annoying little brother always kept me up, so I didn’t get much sleep during the summer.” Chris lied. “Can you watch my Ralts for a little bit? I need to talk to the principal about a problem.”

“Well sure.” Takashi said still puzzled.

Chris ran quickly down the stairs and sped out the Narayan tower as fast as a Cheetah hunting an injured animal. He suddenly realized that he didn’t even know where the principal’s office was in the first place. Walking towards him from his right was a tall girl that looked older than him in a fluffy, pearl white dress with curly white blonde hair topped with a small pink bow. Following her in the air was a foot tall Togetic, playing with a small ball in its small, stubby arms. He stared at her for a few minutes before he could say something.

“Excuse me, but can you tell me where the principal’s office is? I’m new here.” Chris stuttered for some reason.

“Its right by the place where you get your dorm key. Just ask Mrs. Baroach to let you in.” She said with her heavenly sweet voice.

“Okay, thanks.” Chris said in a hurry, realizing that for some reason he was starting to blush.

The girl started to make a light giggle as he ran past her. He started trying to get rid of the thought of her and tried to concentrate more on his mission to settle the small mix up, which was proving to be difficult.

‘Hey! May be she is staying at the same tower as I am now? May be it would be a good idea that I shouldn’t complain about this….wait! Why am I saying that! Yes I should! I should be in the Voltaic Tower now!’ Chris started smacking his head.

He suddenly arrive in the lobby, which was full of kids in line for the desk, waiting to get the keys to their dorms. An hour later, all of the kids were heading to their dorms. Chris walked right up to the desk to meet the old woman that gave him his key.

“Ummm….can you tell me where Mrs. Baroach is?”

“I’m her.” She grumbled while making a wheezing noise from her large nose.

“I want to see the principal about yesterday.”

“I told you the list never had been wrong before.” She started to snarl.

“I still want to see the principal.” Chris snapped back.

“Suit yourself kid.”

She pointed her bony finger towards a hidden door by the desk. Chris walks towards the oak wood door and started to make a tight grip on the gold door knob. He slowly turned it and the door made a loud creaking noise at it slowly swung open. He slowly entered the small, mustard yellow square room. Across the room was a small desk with a computer on the right side of the desk and a small tray full of papers on the left side. In front of the desk were two plastic chairs that you would find in an elementary school.

Behind the desk was a tall woman in her 40s with short brown hair that had the same haircut as Jamie Lee Curtis’ hair and piercing green eyes. She was wearing a business suit that all business women usually wear to work and red high heel shoes. She was busy typing on the computer that had a sign on it that said ‘Principal Sarah Honshu’. She suddenly turned her chair towards him with a small smile on her frustrated face.

“Yes?” the principal started talking. “May I help you?”

“Well I’m Chris Perseus, one of the new students here,” Chris started to say.

“Okay.” She interrupted, indicating that he should say whatever he wanted to say quickly. Chris could feel her eyes scanning his face as he started to continue.

“And, well, I ended up in Narayan Tower, even though I’m suppose to be in Voltaic Tower, since my birthday is in the summer. So can I change my dorm room?” Chris said as fast as he can. He didn’t even know if she caught all that.

“I’m afraid not Chris. The list said you were born in the winter, so you’ll stay in the dorm you’re in now.”

“But,”

“No ‘buts’ Chris.” She interrupted again. “I was friends with your parents and was even there to see you when you were just a one year old baby. I know for a fact that you were born in December so your staying in Narayan Tower.”

“You knew my parents?” Chris dumbfounded.

“I think its time for you to go get some breakfast at the cafeteria now.” She glared.

“But,”

“I said to leave my office! I’m too busy to answer any of your questions right now!”

Chris unwillingly left her office while a vase near him exploded. He stood in the lobby, wondering if she really knew his parents, or if she confused him with someone else while a janitor leered at him as he cleaned up the mess. He also started wondering if she was right about being friends with his parents, then why didn’t they tell him about it, and why did they lie to him about his birth date? His stomach started to growl like a lion’s roar as he decided to figure this out when he had a full stomach.

Next Chapter- Small Graveyard

Mystic Latios
15th September 2003, 12:31 AM

Restless Dreams

-The Mysterious Mist-

Chapter 8- Small Graveyard

Chris sat at one of the long tables in the large cafeteria, staring at his sloppy, moist pancakes with deep frustration. He slowly moved his tired pale hands and made as tight a firm grip on the butter knife as possible. Dozens of kids sat at tables near him, talking about how great their summer vacation was while stuffing their mouths with fluffy pancakes and fat, succulent sausages dripping with fat.

One or two laughed from a joke they just heard as Chris stabbed the center of his rubber-like pancakes with his knife, relieving some anger that was in his exhausted mind as steam bursts from the fairly small hole.

‘Great,’ he started thinking. ‘Not only is this pancake only almost impossible to cut, I’m stuck with a bunch of nightmares almost every night. Why did it have to happen to me anyway? I wonder if anyone else is going through the same situation that I’m going through?’

His eyes made a blank stare at the food. Time seemed to have suddenly stopped around him as images of a bug pokemon’s wings flashed into his mind, giving him a large and painful headache. He grabbed his head from the swollen pain in his head as he smacked his head down on his food. He then noticed a girl with jet black hair and dark clothes, staring at him with her chocolate brown eyes and thin face.

“What are you looking at?” He snapped.

Now noticing that he was staring at her, she turned her sneering face back towards the food and started eating what was left on her gray tray. He slowly put his hands back down as his headache went away as quickly as it came.

“Hey Chris!”

He turned around to see his new friends, Jon and Tanya, walking towards the table with trays of food in their hands as they pulled up two orange plastic chairs. Jon made a small, welcoming smile on his tanned face as he and Tanya sat down. Tanya, on the other hand, looked like a dead tired zombie with dark marks under her eyelids. She also looked more like she was shuffling than walking. Her tired eyes started to twitch as she turned towards Chris, who was staring at her drooping eyes.

“What are YOU staring at?” She glared as if he did something horribly wrong.

“Nothing.” He quickly focused his eyes back to his food. “Its just that you look just as tired as you did yesterday.”

“She just has a small, bad nightmare last night it was really nothing.” Jon yawned while Chris stared at him. “Okay, so she had a very long nightmare that lasted throughout the night.”

“What was this nightmare about?” Chris raised an eyebrow, staring to think that he may not be the only one getting realistic nightmares.

“Oh its nothing.” She said, struggling to stay awake. “Just something about me being in a small village near an ocean, covered in a deep mist and with loud screams of people echoing into the night air.”

Chris felt like he was going to snap when he heard about the mist part. He had a strong urge to ask more questions about it, definitely now knowing that he wasn’t alone.

“Tell me more about this mist.” He blurted out.

“Keep your voice down already! What’s your problem?” She hissed.

“Nothing. Its just that I’ve been getting dreams that are partially like that too.”

“Really?” She relieved.

“Yea, and I’m trying to figure out what they mean, since you and Jon were in them too and we were here in Slateport City all alone.” Chris explained.

“Alone eh? What were we doing in the dream?” Jon chuckled while looking at both Tanya and Chris.

“We were being chased by something in the mist.”

“What are you getting at Jon?” Tanya glared at him with a red face.

“Are you blushing?” Jon grinned.

“No I’m not blushing. My face is going red in anger from your annoying big mouth!”

“Sure sure.” Jon smiled as she punched in in the shoulder. “Owe!”

“Serves you right!” Tanya snapped. “I’m in no mood for jokes.”

“Anyway…” Chris interrupted. “About the dream…”

“Oh yes the dream. Well, the mist was very thick. As thick as pea soup. It was also swirling around like there were a dozen mini tornadoes in the area. Oh, and a fire started at some small home with the same kind of roof as that Tin Tower in Ecruteak City, very close to the ocean shore. Oh and a small boy in green ceremonial robes was running away from it while a bunch of this glitter stuff was falling from the sky. Almost forgot to mention that.”

Chris was suddenly reminded on that palm tree near the marketplace that caught on fire, and the small, dark figure that was skipping away from it. It was also very close to the ocean. It was also raining that day, reflecting light from the stands off of the raindrops. Chris got out of his seat as if he was sitting on a burning grill and picked up his tray.

“Well I’m stuffed. I think I’ll be heading back to my room now.”

“But you didn’t even eat a bite out of it.” Tanya pointed out while he left the table. She looked to see if anyone was sitting near them as she started whispering to Jon. “So he is slowly going to know the truth about this place.”

“She COULD be coming back after all these years. That would explain the dreams and all of this mist.” Jon whispered in a worrying tone.

Chris sat on the soft bed in his dorm room while the mist outside was still there, but it was no longer swirling with fury. His mind was racing with question as he felt a migraine coming. His Ralts quickly returned into its pokeball as Takashi was just about to leave the room.

“I was wondering, what the hell happened to your Ralts? I was chipping of the frost with my fingers.” He asked while trying to warm up his frozen hands.

“To tell you the truth, I have no idea. I just woke up and it happened.” Chris honestly responded.

“I don’t see how that could just happen.” Takashi said while looking at the digital watch on his tense right wrist. “Oh crap! It’s almost 8 AM! I’m going to miss breakfast!”

“You’re not missing much. It’s the usual crappy cafeteria food. Today its rubber pancakes.” Chris joked. Takashi laughed along as he walked towards the window to return his Shedinja into an emerald green poke ball with a small leaf on it.

“Well I’m going to eat anyway. I’m so hungry I could eat a horse. I‘ll see you later!”

He rushed out of the room and loudly slammed the door behind him. Chris then turned his attention now towards the window, staring into the depths of the mist with his head full of theories about the dreams. Dark smoke suddenly billowed outside of his dorm window, blinding his view of the thick forest even more than the fog itself. He opened the window and looked strait down towards the ground, searching for the source of the probable fire that’s creating the smoke. It could have also possibly came from a fire pokemon.

Instead, he saw a small white ghostly figure walking towards the western edge of the forest, leaving a trail of billowing smoke behind. He stared at it in puzzlement as the ghostly figure looked up towards him. It waved its human hands in a slow, fluid motion, trying to indicate that it wants him to follow. Chris took this rare opportunity and immediately grab his poke ball. He quickly rushed out of his room towards the school hallway like a gazelle trying to outrun a cheetah.

‘Who knows how long it would be there. I might as well find out what it wants.’ Chris talked in his mind. ‘But could it be that I’m asleep and dreaming again?”

He pinched his arm and immediately winced at the quick, short pain.

‘Okay I guess I’m not dreaming.’

He was now running through the empty lobby and went outside through the enchanting entrance doors. The mist was now swirling madly around him as he sprinted towards his right. His footsteps made loud squishing noises as his feet stomped the dew covered grass and splattering, wet mud.

“Man I must have forgot how big this school is. I’ll never get there in time!”

Some parts of the mist quickly churned in a certain spot in front of him. Chris skid across the moist grass, trying not to run into it. A small glow of light green light shined from the spot as the same ghostly figure that he saw appeared in front of him. It slowly revealed itself to be a boy about his size.

What surprised Chris the most was that the boy looked almost exactly like him. The same dark green hair, the same clothes, the same eyes, and the same thin face. The only difference is that he was wearing thick, black glasses and his nose was a little bit bigger than his.

The transparent boy started signaling to follow him, as he walked towards the non thick area of the forest. Chris hesitated, but followed because he was curious at what he wanted to show him. The fog was slowly dissipating and letting the bright sunlight through.

Chris kept concentrating on following, not noticing that someone was stalking him quietly. They slowly started entering the western side of the forest. The large Shiftry that were hidden behind the bushes slowly backed away from them as they continued towards their unknown destination.

It seemed to take forever as they reached to what looked like a small graveyard. A large stone pillar was sitting in the middle of the miniature graveyard. It was about several feet taller than him and was partially covered in pine green moss. Chris began to read the small inscription that was on the front of it.

‘The Water, Earth, Air, and other spirits were born here, and the ritual that started their birth had also ended here.’

“What the hell does that mean?” Chris asked the ghost.

The boy pointed his finger at a particular gravestone with a stern look on his face. He slowly evaporated back into mist in front of his eyes as he realized that he was all alone now, in a graveyard while forgetting which way to get back to the school. He slowly walked towards the tombstone and started to read the words on it.

‘Anna Jean Piggins’

Trying to figure out why the ghost pointed to this particular spot, he suddenly heard a rustling in the bushes nearby. Chris started to reach towards his poke ball as a Houndour leaped through the bushes, along with the person that he hated.

“Hey loser.” Andrew Dorf grinned as he took a step closer towards Chris, along with his girlfriend Ruby and the rest of his small gang from home.

Next Chapter- Fight to Live