PDA

View Full Version : Advance Generation Episode #24: Run Ash! Cross the Carvanha River!

Hanada Tattsu
1st May 2003, 10:14 PM
Advance Generation #24: Run Ash! Cross the Carvanha River!

Initial First Thoughts

Hmm, a Carvanha filler. It's pretty cool that we see Sharpedo before Carvanha, but I figured that it would be that way. It seems we get character development for Ash's new Corphish in this episode, and something wierd with Jessie's Wurmple and May's Wurmple occur!

Screen by Screen Summary of Episode Preview

Okay, the preview starts with the usual Pokemon of the day's name on the background of Groudon. Then we see Ash's newest catch, Corphish, all tired out. Methinks that it was in a big battle or something. Then, we see Ash and Pikachu carrying Corphish up a steep hill. Corphish seems to be steaming and stuff, it's all wierd and breathing wierd. Then, Ash comes to a lake, and soon, a bunch of ugly Carvanha jump out in front of him, Pikachu, and Corphish. Ash orders Pikachu to use a Thunderbolt attack on the Carvanha, and it fries them, since they're in water. Then, the scene cuts to Jessie, who seems to be holding two seperate Corphish, who are withdrawed in their shell or something. Then we see Meowth yelling at Jessie, and Jessie like leaps into the air or something. Then, we see Jessie all surprised, and so are May, Masato, and Brock, because Jessie's Wurmple and May's Wurmple are evolving! They glow, but we don't see what they evolve into. It's easy to presume that May's evolves into Silcoon and Jessie's evolves into Cascoon, due to the intro and ending. Then, we see the Carvanha underwater, who tackle Ash who seems to be holding some kind of wood. Then, Corphish who appears to be on the wood, sees the one Carvanha, and prepares to battle it. Then, the episode title appears on a blue-aqua background of Kyogre.

Picture of the Week and Caption

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/2_yokoku/img/024.jpg

It's a picture of Ash ordering Pikachu to Thunderbolt the Carvanha in the lake.

Final Thoughts

I wonder if Ash manages to capture Carvanha; it seems like an interesting filler nonetheless. Jessie's and May's Wurmple evolving took a while, I thought it would take a much shorter period of time. Sounds pretty exciting! Can't wait to see them!

JazzJazz
1st May 2003, 11:56 PM
Good to see you're first in doing the NextOn Hanada...

It'll be good to see (well hear of, the seeing won't occur for some time) Jessie and May's wurmples evolving.

I doubt Ash will catch a carvana... maybe James will get one of those corphish, then we'll have a running rivalry between him and Ash... to couple Jessie and May's.

Animelee
2nd May 2003, 05:47 AM
I wouldn't really consider this episode a filler, since Jesse and May's Wurmple both evolve.

In my opinion, there were no fillers in AG, so far. But many people in the chat rooms (that I'm part of), consider the idea that there are only two filler episodes of AG, AG10 and AG11. But I consider those non-fillers, since AG10 was a gym episode (though it's not from the game), and AG11 included character development for Masato, and some subtle that May's Torchic would evolve into Combusken later in the series, since May was a bit excited to see what Torchic evolved into when she checked her Pokedex.

Edit: I thought my earlier response was a bit too rude, so I changed it. Also, some grammar mistakes were fixed.

Hanada Tattsu
2nd May 2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Otaku Shigeru
I wouldn't really consider this episode a filler, since Jesse and May's Wurmple both evolve.

In my opinion, there were no fillers in AG, so far. But many people in the chat rooms (that I'm part of), consider the idea that there are only two filler episodes of AG, AG10 and AG11. But I consider those non-fillers, since AG10 was a gym episode (though it's not from the game), and AG11 included character development for Masato, and some subtle that May's Torchic would evolve into Combusken later in the series, since May was a bit excited to see what Torchic evolved into when she checked her Pokedex.

Edit: I thought my earlier response was a bit too rude, so I changed it. Also, some grammar mistakes were fixed.

I agree with you.

The Pelipper episode was a gym episode indeed, and in the next episode we had character development for Masato, and also, like Shigeru said, subtle hints that Torchic would indeed evolve into Comubksen. I consider the Sharpedo episode a filler.

Animelee
2nd May 2003, 12:34 PM
Ah, the Sharpedo episode? It was kinda a bit of character development for Brock, and, like in the game, were on their way to Dewford with Mr.Briney, and then at the end of the episode, they got to Dewford.

In no way am I trying to be rude, or anything, I'm just listing the events from that episode. ^_^

To me, it's not a filler, but I won't disagree with you if you say it is! ^_^

Hanada Tattsu
2nd May 2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Otaku Shigeru
Ah, the Sharpedo episode? It was kinda a bit of character development for Brock, and, like in the game, were on their way to Dewford with Mr.Briney, and then at the end of the episode, they got to Dewford.

In no way am I trying to be rude, or anything, I'm just listing the events from that episode. ^_^

To me, it's not a filler, but I won't disagree with you if you say it is! ^_^

Don't worry about it, you're not being rude. :)

Well, every series has to have at least one filler. Indigo, being the best series, had its fair share of fillers. I guess if you look at it as being a filler, it is a filler.

Chris 2.1
4th May 2003, 10:39 AM
cool ep! i saw the trailer...Corphish is bigger than I thought, Carvanha is smaller! the Wurmple evolution is a nice little THING...oh, and why is Brock's character developing in the Sharpedo ep? what happened?

Hanada Tattsu
4th May 2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by ShinyMarill
cool ep! i saw the trailer...Corphish is bigger than I thought, Carvanha is smaller! the Wurmple evolution is a nice little THING...oh, and why is Brock's character developing in the Sharpedo ep? what happened?

I dunno, I've never seen the Mr. Briney episodes.

Shigeru, what happens in the Sharpedo episode?

Animelee
5th May 2003, 09:19 AM
The Sharpedo are staying around the island where Ash-tachi are, because if they go out in their boat, the Sharpedo will basically keep tackling them, and the boat will sink. So, anyways, I forgot what happens earlier in that episode, but the leader Sharpedo got sick, and Brock took care of it overnight. In the background, "Sokoni Soraga Arukara" was playing. It showed that Brock had a good soul, and obviously got better at taking care of Pokemon from back in Kanto.

I'll edit this later with what happened, I'm gonna go and watch all of AG again today, just to refresh my obviously bad memory.

Chris 2.1
5th May 2003, 10:25 AM
thanks Otaku! That makes sense, reallu. Maybe Brock will stop once Sharpedo gnarls his arm off...or eats his special themometer...:-p

PS: I like your sig, Hanada! Hitmonchan rools

Nikku-San
5th May 2003, 01:37 PM
Aw, poor Corphish, I hope Team Rocket didn't try boiling it. O.O And I don't really like Carvanha, but a catch is a catch and it would be better for Brock...

Hanada Tattsu
5th May 2003, 06:20 PM
Thanks, I like using Hitmonchan on my Green Team! He's cool!

Yeah, Brock should catch one of the two, either Carvanha or Sharpedo.

I would like to see him with Carvanha, and he would later evolve it into a Sharpedo.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
5th May 2003, 11:45 PM
I translated TVTOKYO's text once again from Japanese to English. This is a good way for me to post at least one message a week, my activity is really decreasing:

Run Satoshi! Across The Kibania River!

Satoshi and friends are in a good mood after appending [the Rogue Pokémon] Heigani to their new friends and they continue practice in Muro island. In the midst of the battle with Team Rocket who appeared there, Heigani suddenly gets a high fever and falls. Satoshi would want to return it into its Monster Ball, but he has left the ball inside the camp tent far away. Satoshi was going to go to Pokémon Center to get medical treatment and began to run carrying Heigani on shoulder! But, in order to get to Pokémon Center, all you can do is crossing a river which has no bridge. Furthermore, there lives plenty of [Ferocity Pokémon] Kibania in the river...

Kibania=Carvanha
Monster Ball=PokéBall

Hanada Tattsu
6th May 2003, 04:53 PM
So Corphish is its condition because of a battle with Team Rocket?

That's wierd. I'm still dazed however. How does the Wurmple evolution tie in with this?

Chris 2.1
8th May 2003, 03:06 PM
i reckon Ash runs off, MM&B start to follow, JJ&M turn up, battle, Wurmple evolve, gasp, and TR blast off.

something like that :-p

Hanada Tattsu
8th May 2003, 04:43 PM
It's just been confirmed, both Jessie's Wurmple, and May's Wurmple evolved, as presumed by in the preview.

Jessie gets Cascoon, and May gets Silcoon. Just thought you guys would want to know.