PDA

View Full Version : Thievery

The Hobbit
27th April 2004, 08:35 PM
A recent question came to mind about a fanfic I was outlining recently. The story is about the grandson of boss Giovanni and his attempt to find his place in the world. He becomes a master thief, specializing in stealing rare and extravagant pokemon for his various jobs, which brings us to the next question, what kind of Pokemon would be contained on his team that he could use in completing his tasks? I was stumped, so I thought I'd ask for help here! Thanx ahead of time!
-The Hobbit

FTorchicX
27th April 2004, 09:05 PM
Well, what about Zigzagoon? I think it would fit the part as you could use it's pick-up ability in the fanfic for him to steal treasures that he finds. That is the only one I can think of right now, I'll return to this when I think of some other pokemon.

The Hobbit
27th April 2004, 09:10 PM
Zigzagoon, nice pick, his pick up ability was something I forgot, nice choice FTX!

FTorchicX
27th April 2004, 09:12 PM
Thanks. :)

Hmm...Like all criminals, I think he needs a get-away pokemon as well, perhaps an Arcanine or Rapidash?

have a stammer
27th April 2004, 09:34 PM
The perfect get away pokemon would be an Abra as it can teleport, actually any pokemon that can teleport would be good, along those same lines a psychic pokemon could perform psychic attacks to confuse opponents, or move opponents or objects telepathically some pokemon such as Alakazam, Grumpig, Espeon or Xatu would be a good choice. A pokemon that could put foes asleep (guards, police, etc.) would be good or in fact besides sleep paralyze also would be good, perhaps a Paresect, Vilplume, or Breloom. Also to carry all the stolen goods a Pelipper would be useful as it could carry stuff in it's beak and it can fly. Passing through walls to avoid alarms a ghost type would come in handy Banette is a good choice as are Gengar or Dusclops. Also some muscle may be needed in a tight spot Machamp, Aggron, Tyranitar or Hariyama are good choices. and I will stop my rambling there. hope I helped.

Water Pokemon Master
27th April 2004, 11:05 PM
If he is the grandson of Giovanni, he should also have earth-type Pokemon, such as Rhydon or Nidoking.

Who's the mother? :)

HedgeCat
27th April 2004, 11:11 PM
Hmm. FTX had a good idea with Zigzagoon.
I'd use any Pokémon that could teleport. Probably Abra, though. Some fast Pokémon to get away, like Jolteon. A good Pokémon to carry the loot would be Pelliper. A Pokémon to paralyze or put to sleep, like mentioned. Breloom would be good, cos it has a random status change ability. Maybe the last Pokémon could be a powerhouse, like Tyranitar.

So, IMO, the overall team would be...
Zigzagoon/evo, Abra/evos, Jolteon, Peliper, Breloom, Tyranitar.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
28th April 2004, 03:14 AM
I think the FanFic forum is a more accurate place if you want to get some ideas for your RPG. :)

Chris 2.1
28th April 2004, 02:26 PM
Well I think Sneasel, Zangoose, Teddiursa or some sort of clawed Pokemon would be a nice partner-in-crime. Zigzagoon, maybe, but theoretically any Pokemon could find items outside battle.

The Hobbit
28th April 2004, 04:26 PM
Wowzers, thats a pretty impressive list, thanx for all the help guys! Now comes the problem of narrowing the team down, I was thinking about it and decided he can have anywhere from 6-12 pokemon, six in the box of course. Maybe he could use the others for different purposes according to his job. I like the many ideas, especially about the "muscle", since Aggron is my fave Ruby/Sapphire poke! Sneasel seems like the perfect partner in crime, maybe a female one with an attitude.

The help is greatly appreciated, more help might be needed to narrow down the team even more '-'

List of Pokes so Far: Zigzagoon, Sneasel, Jolteon, Nidoking, Tyranitar, Arcanine/Rapidash, Abra, Alakazam, Grumpig, Xatu, Espeon, Parasect, Vileplume, Breloom, Gengar, Dusclops, Banette, Aggron, Machamp, Hariyama, Zangoose, Teddiursa (includes evos)

Hedgecats Suggested Team:
Linoone, Alakazam, Jolteon, Peliper, Breloom, Tyranitar/Aggron

- The Hobbit, thanx for the extra help ahead of time!

Dragonfree
28th April 2004, 06:08 PM
Well, he has to have a Zigzagoon, not only for the Pickup ability but also for the fact that it has a black face mask...

Otherwise I have nothing to add, everything I thought of has already been mentioned.

PancaKe
29th April 2004, 01:03 AM
I would suggest a dark pokemon instantly. I mean, come on, if its for theivery - its obviously evil. Therefore a dark pokemon would be like, good to use cuz its like, an evil partner in crime.

That is if you're planning on making the pokemon with personalities.

And besides, dark pokemon have some good abilities.

**PancaKe||

Last Exile
29th April 2004, 03:11 AM
Murkrow is a natural born thief. ;)

Maybe a Houndour, they scour a lot.

Umbreon is a cool sneak.

And Sneasel and Haunter.

Lady Vulpix
29th April 2004, 06:32 AM
I was thiking of Murkrow too, because they're known to steal things. But Dark type pokemon aren't necessarily evil. That's just a stereotype, and stereotypes and writing don't mix well. I'm not saying he can't have a Dark pokemon, but it shouldn't be left to people to assume that pokemon is evil just for its type.

Suite Madame Blue
29th April 2004, 10:09 AM
It may not seem like anything special, but what about a Persian? It could be one descended fron Giovanni's Persian. Vanni's all about power, so there has to be something special about this particular feline that he keeps it around. If nothing else, it would know payday, so your character would always have money.

Oakbark
29th April 2004, 02:54 PM
Here's some you should consider....

*Meowth has the pickup ability, and you know how much they like using Pay Day!
Get one of those for sure to pick up spare change!

*Ditto can transform into a wall to hide you from police when you're on the run, or into a bicycle, motorbike, or whatever.

*Bulbasaur is cute and tough, and you could use his Vine Whip's to escalate walls or high-rise buildings. Him or a second evoultion would work great. Oh, and it would be a Chikorita for a girl! ;)

*An electric pokemon, like an Elekid or an Ampharos could be used to short-circuit the electrics systems of buildings or blow open a safe door.

*A Pidgeot would be brilliant to make your getaway in style!

*You could have a Sneasel (mentioned before) to pick locks with his long claws, or to slash down locked doors if you prefer.

There's a few pokemon to think of...whatcha think?

Damien.

The Hobbit
29th April 2004, 03:50 PM
wow! Those ideas are awesome Oakbark. The other ideas are excellent as well! I have almost decided that Sneasel is gonna be a definite member of the team, to pick locks like Oakbark suggested, but Sneas seems like it would be the perfect cohort! A dark, sinister man standing fully clothed in black, with a sinister Sneasel by his side, claws raised and ready for action... The idea about the descended Persian seems to be a great idea 2

List of Pokes so Far: Zigzagoon, Sneasel, Jolteon, Nidoking, Tyranitar, Arcanine/Rapidash, Abra, Alakazam, Grumpig, Xatu, Espeon, Parasect, Vileplume, Breloom, Gengar, Dusclops, Banette, Aggron, Machamp, Hariyama, Zangoose, Teddiursa (includes evos), Murkrow, Ampharos, Elekid, Umbreon, Ditto, Bulbasaur, Pidgeot, Houndoom,

Team of 12:
Sneasel, ....

Dark Sage
29th April 2004, 09:14 PM
Meowth is a good choice for another reason...

I seem to remember an episode of the anime where Officer Jenny told Ash and company how her grandmother (or someone) apprehented a master thief who packed a Meowth... this crook had the Meowth use Pay Day to cover his escape. (Jesse and James tried to use Meowth and James's bottlecap collection to fool her into thinking that this "cat burglar" had somehow returned.)

Here's some more ideas, some of which add to what you've already got.

Abra: Not only, good for making a guick getaway via Teleport, but can get him into a secure location, like a vault. Could even get him out of jail if he's caught and it manages to escape.

Noctowl: A night creature who can survey a target, and put guards to sleep with Hypnosis.

Magnemite: I suppose he could train it to disable electric security devices such as burglar alarms, and it's tiny enough to fly into tight spaces to get him in.

Xatu: Lookout. Can see the future, and warn him when danger is coming in the form of law enforcement.

Golbat: Another night creature, one usefull for stealing small, but valueable objects. If he's in danger of being caught, he gives it to the Golbat, who flies to a secret location. Even if he's caught and searched, no evidence.

Seviper: Used to create a diversion. Most people would be afraid of this pokemon, and while it's causing a fright, he could sneak into a place a grab something. (He'd have to do it fast to retrieve the pokemon, but most professionial thieves are good at getting what they want fast.)

Hope that helps.

- Venusaur

Dark Sage
29th April 2004, 09:21 PM
And by the way, Dark pokemon are by no means evil. Ash and company have met many friendly Darks - a pack of Houndour, a Houndoom, a Tyranitar, and Gary's Umbreon is pretty friendly as well (at least Gary seems to think so).

Batman is known as the "Dark Knight" after all.

- Venusaur

mr_pikachu
29th April 2004, 10:53 PM
I'd have to suggest an Electric Pokemon or two, not only because of its obvious manipulation of security systems, but also for good old fashioned paralysis attacks. Ground types are always good, too, since in RBY that's all Giovanni used in the last Gym match. But the number one priority would probably be for this guy to cover his weaknesses - he wouldn't want all (or most) of his Pokemon being weak to one type or another, would he? That could potentially put him at a major disadvantage.

EDIT: And an Espeon would be good, too, for its "reading the winds" ability thingy that was mentioned in Johto. Can you say perfect lookout? :D

PancaKe
30th April 2004, 02:00 AM
I know that dark pokemon arent evil, but they've got a very big association with being evil. Maybe - you know what would be really cool - if you had "crossbreds" but like, Im talking about having like, a Mareep that's got dark in it, or where a pokemon has a dark side to it. If you get what i mean.

It opens alot of options.

**PancaKe||

The Hobbit
30th April 2004, 04:17 PM
Yea, I get what you're saying PancaKe, I was thinkin about that earlier, like having a "dark" magnemite. He could have certain dark attacks and attributes that most ordinary magnemite don't have. Still no luck in narrowing down the team, theres 2 many awesome pokes that have alot of skills that could be used when hes on the job! I wonder if Cacturne has vines? If he does, he'll definitely go on the team.

-Hobbit

have a stammer
30th April 2004, 07:23 PM
A perfect pokemon that has not yet been suggested would be Kecleon, what could be more perfect than a camouflaging pokemon WITH a long Snaggable tongue. Besides it just looks cool. Unfortunately this is yet another great pokemon added to an already long list.

The Hobbit
30th April 2004, 09:28 PM
Yea, theres alot of Pokes that have been suggested, its gonna be extremely hard to make a workable team out of all these great Pokemon that have been suggested! I don't know how I'm gonna do it, might need some help with that 2. I'm gonna post a list of all the pokes suggested down below

-The Hobbit

Suggested Pokes: Zigzagoon, Sneasel, Jolteon, Nidoking, Tyranitar, Arcanine/Rapidash, Abra, Alakazam, Grumpig, Xatu, Espeon, Parasect, Vileplume, Breloom, Gengar, Dusclops, Banette, Aggron, Machamp, Hariyama, Zangoose, Teddiursa (includes evos), Murkrow, Ampharos, Elekid, Umbreon, Ditto, Bulbasaur, Pidgeot, Houndoom, Keckleon, Cacturne, Persian,Magnemite, Noctowl, Golbat, Seviper ::pants:: WOWZERZ!! Thats gonna be hard to turn into a team for Stewart (the character)

Jiggleevee
11th May 2004, 08:41 PM
Personally, I think an Absol would be a fitting thing in function and history. It's an arguably elegant Pokemon, fitting with Giovanni's tastes, and with the blades on it, you don't need to worry about annoying things like fences, trees, pedestrians, ect.

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th May 2004, 09:50 PM
I was thinking a Geodude, as it's been shown that it can float, so it can probably drift up to a second story window or something and unlock it/break it/whatever.

And, ya know, with a Gym Golem in the lineage...

On that subject, I would imagine that lineage would be very important in that regard. While I don't necessarily think that leadership of the Rockets has to be by bloodline, Giovanni's mother thought very little of her son (refering to him as a 'brat boy' when he had to have been at least in his 20s), but turned control over to him anyway (I think he came by leadership fairly, as if he had revolted against her, I'm fairly certain they would have dropped some hints about it)